Verano and Kazzee's Road Trip to Christmas!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Delighted to see 139.4 this morning on the scales- I’ve broken through the 140 lb barrier at last – my really strict regime is paying off! I’ve stripped my food down to really low carb this week. My Ketostix are showing I’m in ketosis and so I am on track to be near my goal by Christmas. Its opened my eyes to just how strict I have to be. It’s difficult being a vegetarian to get a lot of food variety but I love eggs and cheese and yoghurt and they’re surprisingly versatile ingredients.
    Hope that everyone is keeping their eyes on the prize- best Christmas present ever in my opinion is being in control.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Cathy! Woohoo!! You did it! Bloody Brilliant! I’m over the moon to read this! 👍👍👍👏👏👏👏. Take a bow and do a twirl! Eggs and cheese are my saviour too!
    We’re all still trucking along! 😁

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Wow Cathy that’s great, well done! Really pleased for you and an inspiration for the rest of us.

Hope everyone else is doing ok? I’m stalling a bit but like you say Cathy, not being strict enough. I think once the initial mass weight loss comes off it’s reasonably easy to maintain but much harder to keep losing. But I hope to follow your lead and get below 140lb by the end of this month 🙂

on

Kazz and DCT- thank you for your kind words. This Christmas road trip has been really inspirational for me and also the fact that we all started in good time to make a difference, especially for slow losers like me. Over the last few months I’d lost confidence that this way of eating wasn’t working for me anymore. I think the stress of the last few months has taken more of a toll than I had realised. It’s feels good to be losing again even though it’s only very slowly.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Wonderful Cathy!!!!! I am playing a jig on my violin to celebrate!

• posted by caronl
    on

Well done Cathy. Fantastic news!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Woohoo! Way to go Cathy 🙂
    How is everyone else going? I’m on leave from work at the moment and am away for a long weekend at the beach. I’m just concentrating on sticking to principles at the moment, rather than calorie counting. Doing lots of walking though. I did weigh myself before I went away and had lost 700g in 3 days so was happy with that 🙂

on

Clinging on to 139.8 this morning. Won’t lie, a little disappointed that I didn’t achieve 138 this week- have worked hard and dare I say it, the guinea pig I’ve looked after this week for my neighbour seems to have eaten more than me! Am being really strict with my carbs this week.

SueBlue you’re back in the game and well done on your 700g loss. Am so happy for you.

This road trip is a little hilly and I am sure there will be a few twists and turns along the way but Let’s hope the last leg is all downhill the week before Christmas. Just over six weeks to go- I am hoping I can lose at least four pounds, was hoping to be 133 by Christmas Eve but it seems a little too optimistic at the rate I am up and down but I am going to do my best to get there. Have you set a Christmas Eve goal?

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning fellow road trippers !
    Don’t be despondent CC, your efforts will pay off in the end You will soon be seeing 138. Keep your eye on the target Cathy .It will happen…embrace the loss !

I saw another slight drop this morning so I am inching into the 13 stone bracket, hopefully next Week. 1 am presently 89 kilos , down from 100 so it’s slowly onwards and downwards …

I am experimenting with carb levels too, to see how low I have to go. I am happily managing my food choices now which is liberating.
    I hope everyone is well as the weekend begins. Special thoughts go out to our Californian friends.I hope you are all well and safe xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi CC,
    Just to reassure you, you are not alone with your body playing tricks on you. – My achievements in the last week are 2 x 42 hour fasts. 2 days of hard physical work, where cals burnt were in more than 3500 than cals eaten according to fat secret and low carb on every day I ate. – The result, 0.2kg gain and no inch loss from where I want to lose inches from. —— But I have noticed a hollow forming just above my knees. – So obviously my body has decided to work on leg shape again. :-} Ohh well, its all to the good long term.

on

Thanks JGwen for your reassurance that I am not alone with the lack of reward to effort ratio this week. Sounds like you’ve been hardcore too- got to show next week! Your comment about your knees reminded me of a trip to the hair salon I had last year when I saw myself full length in the mirror and noted two bony protuberances which I had not seen before- they were my knees! Two of the main attributes required for this way of eating for me have been patience and perseverance. I am quite inpatient and so this is a really good lesson for me. Keep going, I am not giving up this fantastic way of eating which has afforded me a good weight loss in the past. One lesson I’ve learnt too over the last few weeks is that I need to deal with any extra weight gain immediately instead of leaving it to get to 7lb. Life is about lessons and so I am grateful that I am learning them.

Wedleg- it feels great when you drop down into the next stone bracket so fingers crossed for you for next week.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi JGwen & CC
    I shared on my 4 week thread about my very up & down 2.5 years on BSD. Whilst doing this very in-depth analysis and reading through all my notes and records what hit me most was that this works but rarely in the way you expect. There seems no sense and how when I did my major efforts I often wasn’t rewarded when I continued with faith! 0.25, 0.00, 0.25 0.5 on several months were then followed by 5.0 ,4.0,5.0 so please hang in there our bodies are very complex! Xxx

on

Hi everyone and happy weekend!

Well done SueBlue – it’s brilliant that you’re on the downward trend again 🙂 I’ve lost a pound as of this morning but not getting too excited as what normally happens when I lose is that my weight bounces up again and we have a bit of zig zagging around before it settles at the new lower weight. So we’ll see.

But I wanted to share a link with you that seems helpful. Your mention of ketosis Cathy got me doing a bit of Googling and I found this article about things to try if your weight loss stalls. Hope it helps someone!

https://perfectketo.com/keto-diet-weight-loss-plateau/

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks for sharing the link DCT 🙂
    Today it’s 6 weeks until Christmas Day – how is everyone going?
    I had lost 700g in the first few days of restarting, however when I weighed myself this morning I had put 600g back on again, so my net loss for the week is only 100g. It is definitely harder on holiday and being away from home. Still a loss is a loss I guess and it means I have another 5.5kg to go instead of 5.6kg until I reach my Christmas goal. One thing I will do later though is take measurements, incase I’ve had a loss of centimetres somewhere – this has happened to me before, small loss or no loss on the scales, but a loss of cm instead.

on

It’s so frustrating SueBlue when you lose weight and then gain it back.! I’ve had two consecutive gains of 0.2 lb for the last couple of days. Still being incredibly strict and am so optimistic each morning before I get on the scales that my effort will show but it has made me more determined not to cheat so that I can do a fair test to see whether there may be something wrong ie a thyroid problem. if I don’t lose at least 1lb by Saturday I am making an appointment to see my GP for a blood test. There is no way I should be gaining weight with what I am eating and I am in ketosis and have been for over a week now. Definitely not finding it easy at the moment but with six weeks til Christmas I am giving it 100% and hoping for a massive WHOOSH any day soon! This is proving to be a difficult road trip with a few hurdles along the way but the finish line will be crossed and hopefully with a modicum of success however small. Keep going everyone, we’re in this Christmas trip together.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning 🙂
    I’m joining you this morning with a gain of 2.6 lbs, despite a 24 hr fast yesterday! I’m scratching my head and I too will dig out the tape measure as I did notice when looking in mirror and having gathered my tunic material from behind, that my donut ring below where my waist should be, is more pronounced on the left side than the right! Weird shape or what? My shoulders and collarbone are almost bony by comparison then my chest, whilst reducing, but still very large! So take heart all, it’s the way it is, not linear as JGwen says. I go away this Friday to Edale and believe we’re walking up Mam Tor! So I’m hoping the exercise will help! I shall weigh in on Friday morning and report hopefully a loss! So right now I am 15.13.2! As you know, I was aiming to be 15.7 by the time I go away, so I think it’s unlikely now but you never know, a miracle might happen! 🙂
    Keep on keeping on, friends! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Jordana
    on

Popping in to say hello. Enjoying everyone’s updates, still on the wagon, albeit a bit quietly. Hoping you all have your whoosh days soon.

Egg for breakfast, ham, cheese and yoghurt for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet. Carefully measured out a coffee this morning to drink on the way to work – only to drop it all over the path.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi sorry for those who are still waiting for the scales to report there true weight but I am very lucky to be quietly posting -4.
    I am in ketosis according to my wee sticks but could do with some help balancing my protein fats & carbs as I think when I cut carb I eat too much protein. What should the ratios be? I have seen many discussions but when I searched I couldn’t find them.
    I am halfway through my journey so still have many miles to tread but 2019 will be the first time I have been in the 11 stones since probably 1996 when I had my first child. -5lbs in the next 6 weeks and I will be there!!
    Chins up everyone, let’s reflect on how far we have all come on our journeys. Dxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Thank you Verano! An interesting read and good to remind ourselves. I think I’ll just weigh in on Friday mornings! 🙂
    Superb going, Denise Susan! You are going great guns and obviously on a roll! This is my first blip up in 8 weeks so I’m not too upset, I know I’ll get there eventually.
    ClarinetCathy – please let us know how you get on with the doc.
    Hope everyone else has a good day! 🙂

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Denise,
    The rule of thumb on macros to be in ketosis is under 20g of carbs. Protein is 0.6 to 0.8 gram per kg of ideal weight. With the rest of your calories coming from healthy fats. – Its just the calories from fat that you adjust as you want to move on to maintenance.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning! I just had to check the scales this morning to see if my blip up was still there and i’m pleased to report its gone again. So Friday morning only weigh ins from now on I think. I can feel the scales beginning to rule me and I don’t want that!
    Have a good day, everyone!
    Kazzeexx

on

Hi Kazz

Glad you’re blip has gone! I know exactly what you mean about the scales ruling but for me it means I can keep careful control. I seriously have to keep such tight control on what I eat to get any loss on the scales so a daily weigh in despite not always being positive keeps me in control. It does affect my mood though and that is something I am trying to address. The anticipation of a weight loss followed by a disappointing gain is something I need to be able to handle without it affecting my mood but it is so disappointing isn’t it.

This morning I was happy because the scales had finally moved down to 138.6. No doubt tomorrow they’ll be up again! My weight is up and down like a see saw at the moment but I am positive and focused and on a mission.

Thank you Verano for the link you posted. It is very helpful to many of us who are struggling with fluctuations.

Good luck to everyone on the Christmas road trip- We are edging slowly towards our goal weight together.

on

Weigh in this morning 140 – one word DISAPPOINTED. In six weeks I’ve lost nothing! I’ve been up and down the same two pounds. Blood tests being booked next week. I’ve given it 100% and been low carb and in ketosis according to my Ketostix so something is metabolically not adding up.

Kazz I am not getting on the scales now until next Friday. I can’t face the daily disappointment.

This is what I am doing
    16:8
    Mega low carb- am in ketosis
    Drinking at least 2 litres a day
    Drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water before my evening meal

This what I am not doing
    Walking enough! Will address that this week to see if it boosts some weight loss.

I hope everyone else is doing better than I am,. I feel thoroughly miserable. Have a good weekend everyone.

Cathy

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh CC . Sending you a big hug . I hate the idea of anyone being miserable.

Are you losing inches ? Are your clothes looser ? It is quite possible to lose inches/dress sizes without any movement on the scales . JGwen talked about this. I think daily weighing sets you up for disappointment because of the fluctuations.I only weigh once a week and have decided not to get too fixated on the numbers if the loss is only tiny.

I am not sure if this is the case for you with 16.8 but I understand it can be useful to mix things up a bit to kick start weight loss so your body does not get used to the same pattern of restrictive eating . I don’t do OMAD every day for this reason .Do you incorporate any fasting in your Week ? Any thyroid issues ?

I am hoping JGwen will come in with her vast knowlede and research to help you out and reassure you. I can understand your disappointment and frustration but try to focus on the health benefits of being low carb which are not visible on the scales.

In the meantime I will try to find the videos/articles I read on this subject

ps ..don’t comfort eat any crisps or other carbage because that would really make you miserable.
    Don’t lose your mojo CC
    Wendy xx

on

Hi Cathy, sorry to hear you are so down and sending hugs and good vibes your way X

I do hope that whatever is going on gets sorted soon. One crazy idea is to have a big meal: not rubbish carbage as Wendy mentioned, but something healthy yet substantial. I only say that because in that article about the Whoosh factor that has been mentioned before it refers to sometimes how that can just do the trick. Don’t want to lead you astray but may be worth a go? http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

The other thought is that I know you’re a veggie (me too most of the time) and I read on one of these threads about some mineral or something that helps you lose weight but is potentially missing from your diet, as meat is the main source of it. There is a supplement you can take to help. I don’t remember the name of this so hopefully someone can help – or I will try and find what on earth I am talking about!!

But I agree, perhaps cut back on the frequency of weighing- I know my weight can fluctuate a lot from day to day and also during the course of a day – so perhaps if you leave a bit more of a gap you will see a better overall trend.

Anyway chin up, and hope everyone else is ok X

on

Thanks for your kind words Wendleg and DCT. Thanks for posting the whoosh article DCT- really interesting read. I have a suspicion that there may be something not right ie thyroid or some other metabolic reason.. I am going to take my daily diary to my GP next week and ask if I can have some blood tests done, until I gave it 100 percent I could not be sure that I was not losing weight because my diet wasn’t on point. I know that after six weeks of trying harder than I tried first time doing BSD that something definitely isn’t right. I’ve been patient waiting for a whoosh that has never come so time now to seek medical advice. I’ll keep you posted. Just been online to try and make an appointment but there are no appointments available now so I’ll book something on Monday. Of course I will keep looking in at the forum and will let you know how I get on. Have a great week everyone,

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Cathy I agree with the others. Sometimes it’s really useful to mix your eating pattern up a bit. Instead of always doing 16:8 all the time maybe try having an extra meal and fool your body! Maybe even try increasing your carbs from mega low to low on the odd day. I must admit when I was doing 16:8 and only eating a light lunch then dinner I seemed to be at a standstill bug throwing in the odd breakfast helped. Anyway, best of luck with your dilema.
    Sorry I’ve not been posting but I’m away so not weighing either food or myself! Back next week with four clear weeks to Christmas so really looking forward to getting fully back into the groove. Hope everyone is having a good week.

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s a good idea to get some tests done Cathy and hopefully you will be seen by a doctor who is sympathetic and not dismissive of low carb eating. I am still looking for references to this long term plateau issue. I’ll find it !

Gentle advice : don’t weigh yourself for the time being xxx

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Cathy
    so sorry that you are having such a bad time. 6 weeks is a lifetime when you have no reward, but as so many of the knowledgeable people on here are saying know that the healthy eating must be doing you well even if you have no outward signs, easily said I know, you deserve a medal and such recognition for continuing to believe with no incentive. You are my hero, I am heading for a 0 or even plus week but have had 2 losses so I guess par for the course.
    Let’s hope the doctor is supportive and take you seriously and does a thorough investigation. Take care, sending you hugs and be nice to yourself treat yourself to a massage or facial or whatever would be a treat to you Dx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Cathy,
    I am sorry to hear that you are struggling.
    When I was watching a Dr Bikman podcast I had a aaahhhh moment. – He talked about how important the amino acid L-carnitine is in the process of using fat for a fuel. (If you want to watch the podcast I put a link to it on the Take a look at this thread at the beginning of this year. ) He listed the 10 main sources of it in our diet. – The major source is red meat. – The next 8 sources which are all substantially poorer sources than meat are all off the menu if you are eating low carb, which leaves number 10 asparagus.
    L-carnitine is important in the process of moving over to being in fat burning mode. Its essential for the body to effectively transport fat into muscles. https://blog.bulletproof.com/acetyl-l-carnitine-benefits/ There are other articles online that report on studies showing that people who are IR benefit from taking 2mg a day.
    When I read more about the role of L-carnitine I realised how similar the lack of it sounds to the signs of being low thyroid, and many of the problems I have had with being cold all the time for most of my life. – I have been vegetarian from childhood I don’t like the texture of meat and how it feels in my mouth.
    – I went into town and bought the first bottle of supplements from the shop the same day and now I buy them online. I am not into taking lots of supplements, but I do take 2mg of L-carnitine a day and have recommended it to others on the forum in the past.

on

Thanks JGwen – that is exactly the thing I was trying to remember in my post to Cathy yesterday 🙂 Cathy it sounds like it could be well worth a try? I may well do the same 🙂

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend X

on

Thank you JGWen for reminding me about L-Carnitine. I remember when you first posted about this earlier this year, I will go online and buy this supplement. Like you, I don’t take supplements but it sounds like this will be necessary for long time vegetarians like us. I’ll give it a try. I need as much help as I can get at the moment.
    You mention that you take 2mg a day. Do you mean 2 G a day or 2mg. The vegetarian ones I’ve seen on amazon are 500 mg.
    Not getting in the scales til next Friday morning! It will be difficult as I think I am getting obsessed!

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Sorry Cathy, It is 2g I take, I was rushing to reply before heading out. I started taking 4 tablets as the first I bought were 500 mg from Holland and Barrett in a deal that was 2 bottles for the price of 1. But then I found a better deal for 1g tablets on amazon.
    —————–
    I have over the time I have been on the forum seen a number of people find they have to focus on their macros, going back to very low carb and moderate protein. – It may be worth remembering that to achieve her constant weight loss Allie had to drop to under 20g of carbs and to stay in maintenance is still staying in the very low carb range and the formula for protein. – I managed to drop down to the weight I have traditionally been as an adult by aiming for under 30g of carbs. I stalled at that point, and after reading about body set weight points, decided to incorporate fasting days into my program to break through that ceiling, which seems to be working.

on

Vegetarian capsules ordered. I bought 500 mg ones so that I can experiment with the dosage depending how I feel on them. Thank you for this top tip. From what I’ve read it can’t do any harm and hopefully will increase my brain power too! Being a long term vegetarian and my husband is vegan we can both get this supplement. The B vitamins in the one I’ve ordered will be useful too. I have experimented with fasting and my longest fast was 42 hours. I will see what happens in the next few weeks, I wont go back to “normal” eating as I have been BSD for almost two years. This 7lb weight gain over the summer has really been difficult to shift but by hook or by crook it will be gone as soon as I find out how to get rid of it! I thought I had low carb sussed!

on

My L Carnitine capsules have arrived today (good old Amazon Prime) and I’ve taken two this afternoon, I will take 2 G daily JGwen like you. I purposely did not go on the scales this morning and am not going on until Friday. It is harder than you think when you’re used to jumping on every morning but I am hoping it will make things less stressful for me and all being well there may be a nice surprise on Friday. The lack of success on the scales has been causing me a lot of stress and so this might be the new regime for me- weigh day once a week. If and when I get to my desired goal weight of 133 I am going to make sure that any weight gain is dealt with very quickly as it has proved really difficult this time to get the weight off. Onwards and hopefully downwards and thank you everyone for your support yet again. With five weeks to go to Christmas there is little chance of me getting to goal as hoped by Christmas Eve now but I am ever hopeful for an almighty six week plateau whoosh!

I will post my result on Friday, In the meantime I will be reading the forum and hoping you’re all doing well on the Christmas road trip.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I am back from a bout of the flu – not quite ready to go to the gym but feeling human again without the backache, headache, thigh ache, neck ache – how is it even your teeth can ache with the flu? I remember my brother insisting on going to the dentist once when he had the flu even though my mother tried to explain there was nothing wrong with his teeth.
    I have had an upset tummy too and been so bloated I looked pregnant, a few more comfort carbs than usual but I didn’t think i had that much. I was super-thirsty in the evenings so maybe it was more salt than carbs and hopefully it will whoosh away soon.
    ClarinetCathy so hard not losing weight when you are doing all the right things! Six weeks is quite a long plateau, I hope you get some answers.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning!
    Cathy, sorry to hear about zero movement on scales but glad you have got the L-Cartine as recommended. Fingers crossed this will help get you moving on the scales again.
    I also have switched to Friday only weigh in but I did step on the scales this morning just to see how I did after my weekend away in the Peak District. I’ve gained 1 lb. So quite happy as I did stick to the bsd principles best as I could however alcohol was consumed!
    6 weeks now to Xmas so all guns blazing toward my next goal of getting to just under 15 stone.
    Nathalie – glad you have recovered from the flu!
    Here’s to onwards and downwards!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Jordana
    on

Hello all, I’m going to adopt the idea of Friday weigh-in day as well so hopefully will report some success towards my stone target by Christmas, this Friday! Averaged at 931 cals yesterday and 14g carb which is good. I had decided I wasn’t going to count too strictly this time round but I’ve changed my mind as I need some focus with all the Christmassy food in shops and colleagues bringing in things to work to share. Why must we all stuff our faces at this time of year?!

I have found some positives. You can get some really lovely cheeses in the shops at the moment, carb free, have to watch the calories obviously. And good offers on joints of meat. I love brandy butter but this is quite sugary – substitute with ginger cream which is really nice and quite countable on the BSD. I just feel quite motivated at the thought of continuing to lose weight over Christmas and not having that awful fat unhealthy January feel. Remembering how good it used to feel buttoning up in a thick coat, hat, scarf, boots, when my legs were slim and my body was a good shape. I Am. Absolutely. Going. To. Get. Back. To. That. This. Winter. Away with the bulk!

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi everyone
    My restart BSD holiday is over!! I had a glass of wine & a very very small piece of fruit cake & all week I have been up. I never went over on calories and at one stage I was +5!! today it is a +2.25. Will get on the water and perhaps join others on a Friday weigh in but am worried how that might effect my efforts depending on results for the weekend, as I find the weekends more challenging this time of the year!!

CC I have also ordered L-Cartine but didn’t realise mine was from the USA!! B12 has also been put on my radar.
    Jordana I love your positive attitude & your take on cheese. I want a Harry Potter type weight loss wave a magic wand but I must do it. I feel even if I only maintain over November, December & January it is better than I have managed the previous 2 years so trying to stay positive and stay seated for the rough ride ahead with little movement I see as a positive.
    Good luck everyone, we can do this.

• posted by Jordana
    on

Denise susan – if you find the weekends more challenging, perhaps a good Friday result will help you stick to it? Or look at it this way – by the time you weigh on Friday you’ve hopefully counteracted any weekend damage. Not that its planned in, lol.

By all means give it a try, so many different things work for different people.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Spot on, Jordanna, with the cheeses and nice hams and cold cuts. 🙂
    I have agreed, to keep my mum happy as there will just be the two of us on Xmas day at her home, that I will allow myself 1 mince pie, half a roast potato, a table spoon of stuffing and a sliver of Xmas pudding and 2 chocolates, and a spoonful of trifle later in the evening. But that is it. I have had to make this promise to her and myself because last year, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal minus the above, but it upset my mum a bit and for her, made the day flat 🙁 and so, this is my compromise. 🙂 The rest of the year she is fully behind me, saving MM articles from the newspaper and all sorts, spreading the word to her friends… “my Karen …. blah blah blah…” but Xmas day, mindful treating! That will be the only day. I won’t be buying it in at my house, so won’t be eating it… not so easy though when you have family and friends to cater for. We can only do the best we can and aiming to maintain is a good plan. 🙂
    Kazzeexx

on

Jordana and Denise Susan – welcome to the Friday Club! I haven’t found it as difficult as I thought it would be not getting weighed each morning and I am very excited and hopeful that Friday will reveal a loss. I’ve done all I can this week with the supplement L Carnitine and sticking to extremely low carb along with the usual BSD rules of water etc so I am hoping for at least 1 lb. I’ve found it quite liberating not being a slave to the scales.

A funny thing happened today and I thought I’d lost inches as my work trousers felt loose. Turned out I was wearing my size 12s and not my size 10s!

Last Christmas I was at goal and I allowed myself to eat one mince pie and one satsuma and stayed BSD all Christmas. I was away in Washington staying with my son and I was determined to keep on track, On 21st December I weighed 133 lb and on 5th January I weighed 133 lb! I am hoping that I can achieve the same success this Christmas. Like you say, Kazz we can only do our best.

Looking forward to reading the Friday Club weigh ins and as we get nearer to Christmas let’s hope we all get nearer to our goals.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sorry I’ve not been a very good travelling companion Kazz! I will be back on track from a Friday so I might just join the ‘Friday Weighers’ club as well. I would love to be freed from daily weighing. I do it without problem when I’m away, no scales, but at home the temptation to jump on the scales each morning is just too great. I would love to get rid of this compulsion.
    I am really looking forward to stopping the three meal a day routine I’m into at the moment. It’s hard not to eat three times a day when my OH eats by the clock and we are away!
    Anyway hope everyone is having a good start to the new week and ‘see’ you Friday.

on

Just want to share a new pre dinner drink I’ve started to enjoy whilst making the evening meal and it’s great for BSD. A large wine glass of sparkling water with two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar. I’ve honestly tasted worse wine. It is an acquired taste but once acquired it’s really quite refreshing. Try it and see.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi lovely roadsters ,

All the best CC with your Week. I so hope you get the result you deserve. Well done on resisting the daily weigh ins.

Hope you are feeling your normal self soon, Nathalie.It takes a while to recover from the flu.

Loving your attitude, Jordana. I’m with you ! I live in a rural area so no brightly lit supermarkets to entice me on the way home.

Good luck Denise susan. You’re not on your own !

Glad you’re back on the road with us Verano ! I fully understand the 3 meal thing. I have no temptations at school so it’s a no brainer but being at home during the hols is another matter. Could you get OH to hide the scales ?

Well done Kazz ! You will soon lose that pound and well done on limiting any damage ! Bless your mum for supporting you and yes, it’ s understandable she wants to enjoy Christmas traditional treats with you. It’ s not like you’ll be eating the whole tin of Roses !! Can’t get them in France …but Lindt do some yummy substitutes 😉

All the very best whether you are negotiating Thanksgiving or the run up to Christmas . I love the fact we are all reaching out and supporting each other regardless of the stage we are at.xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning! 🙂
    Good to see everyone posting their Thanksgiving and Xmas plans and aims.
    No problem at all, Verano! You sound like you’re making good progress and getting through the Fung and Taubes books. I find watching youtube stuff an excellent way to remind myself of things.
    Wendy – thankfully, no Roses but she is partial to Thornton’s Continental! Too rich for me, but I usually get her a box and Paynes chocolate brazils. I shall ask this year!
    Time to drag myself to work… I have a desk assessment today as I’m having a few problems with sciatica and shooting pains like electric shocks down my right little finger which is feeling a bit numb. I’m hoping for a desk that moves up so I can stand and work. Got an ergonomic keyboard and mouse now so that’s helping.
    Fasting today….! 🙂

• posted by Jordana
    on

Hello roadsters! I think these plans sound great. If you only decide to eat something different on Christmas Day it’s quite controlled. Especially if you decide beforehand what you will eat rather than everything in sight. It can be a thing to just keep straying and eating different kinds of food this time of year so I have to have my head in the right space or so much damage can be done.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry to hear you are in pain Kazz. Hope you get the desk sorted . Can you get some physio for the sciatica ? Good luck with the fast.I did my longest one Sunday evening to Tuesday afternoon and it is interesting how the body adapts and does not scream hunger.

No Thorntons here either but some very posh, classy Chocolatiers. Yes I agree Kazz they are very rich but the problem is in the past I could have polished off several . I can only manage a square of 90% Lindt. I have just bought cacao nibs after a reference Allie made but is it a bumper 1 kilo bag….oops . That’s quite a few sprinkles on my Greek yoghurt !!

Sounds like we have got Christmas sorted !! I don’t want to be facing guilt and regrets on January 1st. Not even a bowl of lychees is worth that ( and anyway I have gone off them..I wonder why ? 😉

I have to go out to the farm to buy edible Christmas goodies to send to my boys in Oz now but I will be checking in later
    Happy Thanksgiving prep to our lovely US members
    xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you Wendy! Thanksgiving IS one of our biggest holidays…One Tbs. of raw cacao nibs is what I generally flip
    on top of yogurt when I decide to have breakfast. You have beaten your sugar addiction if lychees have lost their
    appeal! It’s such a subtle shift, until one day it’s “there”! Different time table for us all, but it definitely happens
    if you stick to this way of life without interruption, for a few months. I hope you find all of your son’s memories in
    shippable food to send off to Australia this afternoon. I imagine that many guidelines apply to what you can and
    cannot ship? Have fun putting together your care package!

Please log in or register to post a reply.