Verano and Kazzee's Road Trip to Christmas!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Violinist and DCT – amazing work on the losses! Three more days still to go before our grand Christmas Eve weigh ins!

DCT- I am going to be joining the next road trip as my goal is the same as yours- to get to my original goal of 133. It will be a slow and steady journey but I don’t care if I am a tortoise in the race.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well it’s Christmas Eve here in Sydney and so the end of the road trip for me. Although I didn’t reach my goal weight, or indeed the revised, revised, revised one, it has been fun and I’ve enjoyed the company of my fellow road trippers.
    Although it’s the end of this road trip, it’s not the end of the journey for me, I still have a long way to go and so will be joining in other challenges in 2019.
    While I am disappointed that 2018 didn’t turn out quite how I expected weight wise (my plan at the start of the year was to lose 18kg, but instead I’ve gained 3kg!), it’s not all bad. I’m happy and healthy and have my family around me this Christmas. I’ve had other christmases in the past where I would have longed for that – the Christmas I was homeless, the Christmas where I was receiving treatment for cancer, the Christmas when my baby daughter was ill in hospital, the Christmas with my terminally ill mum, celebrating but knowing it would be her last… I could go on….
    So I’m going to enjoy this Christmas, despite the number on the scales, and then re-focus and start again 2 Jan 2019. I won’t be going overboard, I still plan to eat sensibly, but am going to enjoy my favourite Christmas treats and not count calories.
    Congratulations to all who did reach their goals, and to all those who didn’t please don’t let a number on the scales define how you feel this Christmas. There’s a brand new year just around the corner, full of promise and opportunity – and with plenty of time for us to reach our goals.
    I hope all of my fellow road-trippers have a wonderful Christmas, see you in the New Year!

on

SueBlue- what a truly inspiring post! I would like to wish you a very merry Christmas and best wishes for your onward journey next year!
    I will post my final weigh in of 2018 tomorrow morning (Christmas Eve in UK) and like you and so many other forum friends will be back again in January 2019 to continue the next leg of our journey together.

• posted by JGwen
    on

The last few weeks of my road trip to Christmas have been bumpy, but positive in that even stressed I didn’t raid the kitchen and all the hard work helped in getting the scales to move in a positive direction. –

I had this grand plan that I was going to spend the quiet couple of weeks before the schools broke up for Christmas getting my house straight. So I could either spend spare time on the quieter work days over the festive season on hobbies or starting on the redecorating in my house depending on the mood I was in. – The grand tidy up isn’t complete, what with friends needing a help, and everything I tried to do feeling like it was one step forward 2 steps back. But maybe things have turned out for the best. – I have a new book on clicker training with animals, the weather this week going to be dry and there was a special offer on boxes of horse apples.

My favourite Christmas lunch is a cheese and pickle sandwich and bottle of beer sat on a hill top with no other humans around me. Its looking good for heading off into the hills tomorrow.

What ever your festive season involves, if you are working or have time off over the festive season, on your own or have family. I hope you enjoy the festive season and see you on the next road trip to Easter.

on

Merry Christmas everyone!

Christmas Eve weigh in ……..137.0
    Am happy with that- was hoping to be in the 136s but hey, I was nearly there!
    Thank you for the kindness and the support whilst we have been on this journey – I couldn’t have done it without you all.

Don’t spoil your hard work everyone for the sake of mindless eating over Christmas time. I will be making some informed choices over the festive period and will be back to it in January 2019 to continue on my journey to goal weight.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful support during 2018. This forum is amazing!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Sueblue you have been through so much and thank goodnes you are settled now with your family after all the past trauma ! Being homeless at Christmas ? I would have given you a home here in France for sure .

Yes, enjoy your Christmas and I look forward to sharing your successes as you continue into 2019.

JGwen you have been a total inspiration for me on the forum. I am sure your projects will come to fruition with your determination. Enjoy that cheese and pickle sandwich !

Cathy , Violinist and Dreams, you have all done so well and I have loved sharing your ‘ups and downs’ 😉 I look forward to seeing you all back on the forums in the New Year.In the meantime enjoy the festive season. I will be choosing wisely too as you say Cathy !

2019 is going to be a good year for us all as we continue to support and encourage each other .

• posted by Jennie10
    on

SueBlue – don’t normally post on here but came on to say what a great post and what a great piece of advice ‘don’t let a number on the scales define how you feel this Christmas’ – thanks.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Merry Christmas all!
    To show my appreciation and celebrate your wonderful mentoring allow me to recap as close as I know of the wonderful progress you have all made
    Reducia (Sonia)- lost 18 pounds in 8 weeks
    Alliecat- lost 140 pounds!!!
    Sunshine girl- lowered her bp and lost over 8 pounds
    Gheart (AMZ)- keeps losing weight – not sure how much but is such a great mentor
    Clarinet Cathy – lost at least 42 pounds!
    Verano – lost 22 lbs
    Woodduckie – lost 22 lbs
    Kazzuk – continues to lose weight and is such a great mentor!!! Wasn’t sure Kazz?
    Caronl- another great mentor and not sure what your stats are
    Hadenough – lost over 18 in 8 weeks
    Dreamscometrue lost over 14 in 8 weeks
    JGwen – lost 90 lbs!!!!
    Wendleg – lost 30 pounds
    Sunnyb – lost 28 lbs
    California girl (Julia)-lost 50 pounds
    Maggiebeth – lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks
    Eclectic – lost 28 lbs
    Violinist (Catherine) – lost 4 pounds and 2 inches on waist.

If I forgot to brag about you or you want to update us, please feel free! I keep teack of you guys because you really inspire me!!!!

Catherine

• posted by KazzUK
    on

To all my lovely road trip companions, wishing you all very best wishes and thank you for coming along. 😁😁. If it weren’t for your marvellous support, I wouldn’t have got where I am today! 42 lbs lost so far and 80 lbs more to go! I’m a third of the way.
    Violinist, wonderful summing up! It must have taken hours to research our losses!
    SueBlue, your post brought a lump to my throat. I’m so glad you have a happy family Xmas to look forward to!
    Well done, CCathy! We have all of 2019 to look forward to!
    JGwen, enjoy your sandwich, beer, solitude and views! A delightful image came into my mind when I read of your plans tomorrow. You’ll get there with your decorating. 😁
    Sending you ALL much love 💕
    I’ll be back in a few days 👍😁
    Kazzeexxx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Kazzee Thank YOU for this inspirational forum – and for setting up the next!

As I’ve said before this has been the best forum I have been on so far.

Thanks to you all and Happy Christmas. I am so enjoying travelling with you all 🙂

Look forward to seeing many of you on the next forum X

• posted by caronl
    on

Thanks Violinist/Catherine – a lovely summing up! Just to be complete, I lost 42 lbs between Nov 2017 and April 2018. Now maintaining well within my healthy BMI. Onwards in 2019!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Merry Christmas from Florida!!!
    Kazz and Caron, wow!!!! I will post 42 pounds to my list. Nice going!!!!

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Merry Christmas everyone
    I have failed this week to live the life I should and have sadly put on 3lbs but I am trying to not spin out of control.
    My loss for the year is 34lbs and next year I have between 28 and 36lbs to loose. I have bought my swim membership and know with my fellow travelers support I can do this.
    Christmas is very stressful for me as it is an uphill battle to try to get any interest 25 years of trying to create a Christmas to remember with food has lead me to today. I have not over bought any food, One desert not the 10 different that we never get to eat as we are too full and I spend January eating them before I can start my diet!
    My only issues this year are my husband has bought 4 tins of sweets which he (and some help from me ) has worked his way through this week so you can see where my 3lbs has come from with alcohol which I don’t touch all year!!
    Have an amazing couple of days
    Denise

• posted by wendleg
    on

Come on Denise pick yourself up and don’t panic ! You have had a brilliant loss this year and you can continue to lose in 2019.

You need to avoid losing the plot totally right now as you are setting yourself up for a tough time in January.
    GET RID OF THOSE SWEETS or get hubby to hide the blooming things . They will do you no good. You don’t need that sugar high . Sugar is poison !!

Christmas doesn’t have to be just about food.By all means enjoy yourself but try to make choices to avoid feeling yuk afterwards.

Get your positive hat on. Tell yourself that what has happened is done but you can change things from now on .

I will be here Denise. Check in anytime . Stop talking about Failure. 3lbs is no big deal. Don’t tell yourself ” I have already put on that much I might as well continue chomping my way through the Roses/Quality Street/Celebrations !!!! ”

That is self defeating and will make you feel worse.Enjoy your Christmas dinner but chuck out the superfluous sugary treats which will make you feel awful .

Violinist ! Can you add Denise susan to the Progress Parade : 34lbs loss this year ??

Sending Christmas wishes and all the support you need Denise

Wendy x

• posted by Verano
    on

Sat here having five quiet minutes before the first of our four days of celebrations start in ernest!
    We are where we are today …. tomorrow is a new one …. enjoy …. as BSD friendly as you can … limit the sugar where possible …. a new year is close upon us and then everyone can draw a line under 2018 … with joy or renewed enthusiasm or both!
    Happy Celebrations to one and all.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Merry Christmas all! And in our house, a Happy Birthday to hubby!!
    Wendleg, I will add Denise to the list that I keep in my profile for further posting. I update there.
    Morning Verano!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well said V ! Thanks Catherine !
    Happy Christmas everyone . xxx

on

Braved the scales this morning – one week since I last got weighed on Christmas Eve and I’ve put on 5lb this week. I am officially starting on the new thread on Friday and will draw a line under this week. I’ve no regrets- I’ve enjoyed what I’ve eaten. Back to basics again for me! That’s why I like this way of eating. It goes on and it comes off again.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi Cathy

Me too! Been away for a few days visiting family and staying in a hotel and gone rather off-piste. Now back at 142lb and had got as far as 139lb. But, like you, am feeling very positive and looking forward to starting the new 16-weeker on Wednesday (giving myself tomorrow off as one last holiday day!).

I will post on the new thread on Wednesday but look forward to seeing many of you on there and continuing our journey together. It’s been brilliant so far and I feel excited about the next leg of our journey with some new travellers on board too.

Wishing you all a wonderful New Year – and here’s looking forward to some great BSD success stories during 2019 X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi Cathy and DCT, I also put on about 4lb over Christmas but had lost it when I weighed myself yesterday. At 96.6kg I am nowhere near the revised goal I had set for 2018 (89.9) let alone my original goal of 74kg! I did manage to get down to 91.9kg back in September, and dread to think what my weight could have been if I wasn’t on this trip!
    I have drawn a line under 2018 and am looking forward to restarting tomorrow on the Easter road trip. Happy New Year!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Me too guys! I’ve gained 4 lbs. it’s only water and we’ll soon get it off! See you all on the new road trip thread!
    And happy new year!
    Kazzeexx

Please log in or register to post a reply.