Verano and Kazzee's Road Trip to Christmas!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done Violinist. My research tells me you started over 172 and you have continued doing lots of exercise ! I should follow your example !

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thank you so much Wendleg. Yes, I started the journey bouncing between 174-175. I have not been in full gear. Today I will be more serious. 10 weeks to doc appointment.

What I want to fix
    Blood pressure
    Weight
    Cholesterol

How I am going to do it
    Planned menus
    Walking and HIIT, weight lifting (unpacked my hand weights)
    No alcohol
    Prayer and meditation

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Well done Kazz for losing those pesky 5lb again: brilliant!

Violinist your action plan looks great – let us know how you are getting on. No alcohol is definitely a big help: wine is my weakness and it’s so easy to slip into the habit of drinking more regularly than is good for you. But I’ve had to cut right back at the moment because of some medication and I can immediately see results on the scales.

Wishing everyone a brilliant week and here’s hoping for some lovely seasonal losses by Friday 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks dreamscometrue, good plans are a start, for sure

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

We now have three weeks to go until Christmas Eve. I went to the Manchester Christmas markets yesterday afternoon with my family. I made a conscious decision to have a rather more relaxed approach to eating this week to give my body a shock! It has been mentioned that maybe I haven’t been eating enough by colleagues at work and I therefore had a cup hot chocolate with whipped cream whilst I was out and enjoyed it without any guilt. I went out with my colleagues on Saturday night for our Christmas party and drank a couple of glasses of red wine with my meal. I dread to think what the scales might show on Friday’s weigh in but you never know, I may still have a loss and if not then I will be back to square one with my strict regime once again but one thing I’ve learnt is that weighing once a week is so liberating for me now.. I’ve checked and I am still in ketosis which is reassuring.

My plan for this week is to be mindful but have a more relaxed approach. I feel I’ve been too strict and rigid over the last few weeks. I’d be happy to stay in the 137s this week but I may already have scuppered that. I’m looking forward to having a satsuma and a mince pie on Christmas Eve but like so many of us I am determined not to undue all my hard work by losing my self control.

Have a great week everyone.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Great to hear that you’ve had a more relaxed approach this week Cathy, I think it’s good to mix things up a bit and i have experienced losses in the past after increasing my intake – actually that’s what happened last week before my 1.3kg loss. I can’t believe we only have 3 weeks left until Christmas, I need to get my act into gear!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Glad to hear you are feeling more comfortable Cathy. I was concerned about how stress you sounded.
    Stress hormones make it harder to loose weight, so stressing about the last couple of lbs is not going to help loose them. –
    I really wanted at the start to be able to get to a target weight and then get back to normal. – My bodies determination to get rid of fat from everywhere other than my spare tyre has helped give me to the time to get comfortable with this being a Way of Life. It sounds like your body has given you no other option than to get into that mindset as well 🙂

on

JGwen thank you for taking the time to post and for your wise words! It’s true- I do feel better since taking the ridiculous pressure off myself! I’ve had a stressful time over the last few months with one thing and another and needed to get some perspective back. The weekly weigh in was the start for me and I do feel so much better about things.

Onwards and downwards slowly and steadily and mindfully! Thank you

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning my friends. Dropping in quickly to post a stay the same on the scales as of this morning!
    Never mind, just makes me all the more determined. The mince pies and chocs have started appearing daily on the fat station at work which are not in the least tempting. But what do you do when your boss says, “have you had a mince pie, Kazz?” I have resorted to lying! “Ummm yes, thanks Pat!” Whatever it takes! 🙂 Feel awful lying but I couldn’t think quickly enough when put on the spot! Next time I’ll say, “about to when I make a cuppa”! Honestly, I can’t be bothered to explain yet again that I don’t eat that stuff any more. How many times do I have to repeat myself? So lying is what I’ll do! Please don’t strike me down, higher powers! 🙂
    Have a good Friday all and good luck with others weighing in today!
    Kazzeexxx

on

Morning Kazz and everyone. Pouring with rain here so just psyching myself up to take the dog out before work!

An up and down week for me – literally! Last weekend I was 140.8 – so exciting! (my goal had been to get below 140lb by end Nov then down a couple more by Christmas). But this week I have had a couple of events and am now back at 142lb. A bit disappointing but on the other hand I loved what you said SueBlue, that realistically our weight is likely to be a range rather than a static number. My weight can vary greatly during the course of a week or even a day. The good thing is that my downward boundary is continuing to go down. Very gradually …. and I do wish it would stay there a bit longer! But baby steps I guess.

I chuckled at your lies Kazz and know exactly what you mean. I have become expert at wandering round tables of food, looking as if I’m joining in but not actually having any : unless I choose to – which is different from feeling obliged to just because everyone else is! To be honest I don’t think most people notice or care what you are or are not eating and drinking. But floating around purposefully is a good tactic!

I have also got into the groove of accepting gifts graciously. I’m a teacher and often get edible gifts from children, so just smile and say thank you – then pass them on when I get the opportunity. Same goes with one or two colleagues. I used to love chocolate and if I’d done people a favour they would bring a box of chocolates. I confess that those chocolates would sit in my drawer and I would scoff the lot! But now I don’t – but they still bring them and it seems a bit churlish to refuse. So again I smile and say thank you, then either take them home for my partner or along to the next dinner party or other appropriate social occasion.

Anyway, enough of the chat – I really can’t put off the dog walk any more and it sounds foul out there 🙁

Have a great weekend everyone X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Its not a lie Kazz, I am sure you have had a mince pie at some time in the past, just not on that particular day 🙂 How about, if others are bringing in their version of treats, you join in by adding to the table some keto/bsd friendly nibbles as well. Its been interesting how others come out of the woodwork who are also eating low carb but hadn’t liked to say anything.

I have been having great fun when it comes to any event where you have to specify dietary requirements by saying vegi ketogenic and seeing what they make of that. – It also means that you either get a conversation going about how nice low carb food can be or when the chief hasn’t done his homework you can easily say to the people on the table that you did say your dietary requirement and are not eating what is served as they haven’t followed it.

on

Up 0.8 lb this week, the exact weight I lost last week! So like a few on here- see sawing up and down! I have been a little more relaxed so back to basics again for me. Work today is full of mince pies, chocolate brownies and cakes as we are having an Elf Day at work to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society. Am dressed as an Elf but will not be eating any of the “goodies” brought in to share!

I am never ashamed to refuse the “goodies”. I think being a vegetarian has helped as I would never think about putting my hand out for meat and fish so the same goes for refined carbs and like DCT says, I don’t think anybody actually really cares!

Let’s try for a good week and see if we can get those pesky scales moving in the right direction!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Thanks Dreams, JGwen and CCathy! I shall certainly bring in a contribution of keto friendly delights probably next week. Was thinking along the lines of anti pasti and making some thin seed crackers. CCathy – I would love to see a pic of you dressed as an elf! I dug out my Xmas jumper the other night as people are starting to wear them on Fridays. Tried it on and it swamps me! Need to buy a new one! NSV!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a joyful NSV, Kazz! Time for a few interim tops, I think 🙂 2019 is going to be your year, I just know
    it…Wendy is swimming in some of her dresses, too! You kids need to find a seamstress…I was able to
    sneak by with 3 tunic tops and 2 pairs of trousers at my midpoint. I think I was too anxious about
    maintenance to begin acquiring a size small wardrobe until I had rested at goal weight for 4 months!
    I was a true bag lady there, for awhile. I know you also have a collection of winter coats, Kazz. Have
    you had time to explore the rest of your closet? There are probably some treasures there that you’ve
    forgotten about 🙂 Haul them out!!!

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi guys
    Like so many on this road trip my numbers have been so up & down it is hard to keep track! My focus is I started at 12.81/4 and today I am 12.1 1/4 so that is 7 lbs over the road trip so far & 1.5 to go for my revised revised revised!! not so ambitious Christmas weight. I am out of ketosis? but the scales this week seem to be finally moving down 4lbs in 4 weeks then 3lbs this week waiting for the bounce back up!! But not sabotaging myself if they do which then allows for later loss where usually one increase is followed but another because I sabotage my progress.
    We can do this guys, slow and steady 167lbs for Christmas Dx

on

Denise Susan
    What a brilliant weight loss. You’ve done really well. We started our Christmas campaign in good time to make a considerable difference but some of us haven’t managed to lose what we had hoped so it is lovely to read how well you’ve done and with two weeks to go who knows, you could be another few pounds lighter.
    I joined the thread on 17th October at 141.6 and yesterday I was 138.6 so my loss has been 3lb.

Keep going everyone through the difficult pre Christmas temptations!

My new revised goal is 135 which is probably not achievable in fifteen days looking at my statistics but it will keep me focused and I will try my hardest to get as near as I can by my Christmas Eve morning weigh in! Keep strong and keep going!

• posted by Violinist
    on

I laugh at Denise’s revised revised revised! Me too!!

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Thanks Cc
    It was going so badly with over 30lbs still to loose I was aiming 3-4lbs a week but it was such a struggle those first 4 weeks but with reading about all of us struggling with no real reason why, this group has kept me focused & suddenly for no reason I have got results this week but am aware of the +_ 2lbs so could come tumbling down but even if that happens 2 weeks 2lbs it is in my grasp whatever happens I have not been this weight for Christmas since probably the millennium when I had had 8.5 months in 1999 of keeping nothing down with my 3rd pregnancy from hell in 3.5 years! Medically this is where my weight issued started and 2019 I will get back to 140lbs or less. We all have our own journey and start in different places but have the same issues on the way xx This group is my support & when one looses we all experience the joy and when others struggle we all become more resilient. So thanks xx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done Denise 🙂
    I didn’t have a good week this week, with a 0.5kg gain, despite sticking to plan most days. Kazz your mince pie story made me chuckle as I had a similar situation with home made shortbread this week. A colleague had brought some in and everyone was saying how delicious it was, so I just said I’d have some later, but wasn’t intending to have any at all. Well then my supervisor brought a piece over on a plate for me because it was going fast and she didn’t want me to miss out! I did enjoy it but I would have been better off just saying I don’t eat shortbread in the beginning.
    I have 3 Christmas functions this week so aiming to at least stay the same weight if I don’t lose. My plan is to at least eat sensibly and as close to plan as I can. I’ll enjoy a few glasses of wine, but will have soda or Mineral water also.
    With 2 1/2 weeks to go I realise there is no way I’m going to be able to reach my Xmas goal, but I’ll take a leaf out of Denise’s book and set a revised, revised, revised goal – it would be good to lose another 2kg as that would bring me close to where I was at Xmas last year.
    Although this isn’t the goal I set for myself when joining this road trip, on the plus side (and I think this goes for most of us), at least I’ll be heading into 2019 focussed and ready to continue on my BSD journey. If I didn’t have my eye on the ball now I’d be eating and drinking what I wanted and starting the new year off at least 5kg heavier!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, Roadtrippers!
    Some great results from Friday’s weigh in. 🙂 Gosh, 2 weeks today will be Christmas day. I’m not in the least organised yet, time to make lists! 🙂 I had lunch out on Saturday at an Italian called Ask. Started with olives and bread with oil and balsamic. I didn’t touch the bread, just a few olives. Then I had the chicken breast and extra broccoli minus the potato element and a mushroom sauce served in a jug on the side. My old (boy) friend had a big gooey chocolate dome thing balanced on top of a choc sponge base and poured hot caramel sauce over it… and added cream! I had black coffee! 🙂 His dad has T2 so I was telling him about this WOE! Going to lend him the book.
    Well done everyone, not long to go now – 14 of 16 weeks gone since we started this trip! 🙂 I plan to start a new road trip in the New Year to Easter! 2019 will be our year!
    Keep dancing!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I will be on board with you Kazz !!!
    Well done on dodging the stodge !!! xx

on

Morning trippers!

SO glad you will be starting another thread Kazz – I was beginning to get a bit worried as I really love this thread and don’t want it to stop until we are all where we want to be!

Am playing a cat and mouse game with the scales – they seem to be creeping down then bounce annoyingly up again. But the overall trend is gradually heading downwards which is great. I also noticed a small NSV yesterday: the dimples above my bum – which I’m sure have been MIA for ages – appear to be back again! So seems like I’m losing fat from behind my waist though the scales haven’t got that message yet 😉

Belated well done to Denise Susan! Like you said, we’re all cheering on each others triumphs even if we don’t get chance to post, and commiserating with the inevitable setbacks.

Have a good week everyone X

• posted by JGwen
    on

I have to report a revised, revised, revised progress as well. – I am not going to get into the party / princess / black dress by Christmas. Still half a dress size to go. But I am not downhearted. I am starting to rock the jeans have to be held up with a belt, tee shirt which looks like an American footballer wearing their sport shirt without the padding, and jumper which is clearly too large (along with the leaving a scattering of hay every time you take anything out of a pocket) look which is much more practical on a daily basis.
    My next aim is to get down another couple of kg which will take me comfortably into the double digit world. I do envy those who talk about much lower weights, but I know that my so skinny you could play a tune on your ribs weight is around the 90kg mark for me.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

That’s great to know, Wendy and Dreams. 🙂 Dreams – great news on the NSVs! I must admit, I avoid the mirror apart from the neck up and looking slightly upwards! haha, but JGwen has written about the dimple effect. It’s a fascinating thing the way our bodies target specific areas when losing fat! I’ve revised revised revised also and am just aiming to get as close to 15 stone as I can but realistically, I think it will be around 15.5. I thought about you the other day, JGwen, when I was following a hay lorry! It was like being in a hay storm with it swirling everywhere! Sue – good luck on the stay the same aim with 3 Xmas meals – that sounds sensible to me.
    Denise – that’s a fabulous result – sorry, must have missed your post earlier. Verano – are you joining us on our next trip? 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Kazz can I decide in a few weeks. Sometimes I find long journeys counterproductive. If I’m standing still and all around me are losing I don’t find it motivating just the opposite. I’m sure there are others who feel similar. So I’ll see where my head is after Christmas and then decide.
    I’ve just posted on another thread ….. for those in a dilemma about seasonal foods it might be worth reading ‘Mindful coffee and cake’ above in ‘The BSD’ section. It might just concentrate the mind.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I totally understand that, Verano – you know what works best and I do have times like that myself where you have to get off the carousel and give yourself a mindful break, tread water for a bit. I shall now go off and check out your mindful coffee and cake post! 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well my plan to stay the same weight wise this week I s not going too well, the scales are creeping up! Hopefully it will be better on my ‘official’ weigh-in day tomorrow.
    I usually weigh in kilos but my scales have reset themselves to pounds so I’ve been doing that. I know that Cathy your goal is something like 133lb. I always thought there is no way I could ever go that low, but on doing the calculations realised I HAVE weighed that low – albeit a long time ago, half a lifetime in fact. When I was 25 I weighed 136lb and even when I was 9 months pregnant with my first daughter I only went up to 153lb. I can only dream about those sort of numbers nowadays! To be honest I’d be happy to just get under 200 for now.
    I realised also that I DO have time to reach my original goal weight before Christmas (74kg or 164lb) – just that it will be Christmas 2019, not this one 🤭

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hey SueBlue, no worries! If the goal will be reached in 2019, then that’s the goal! It will wait for you and you will get there in your own time!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning! Still 15.9! Stayed the same again as of this morning. I may have to check again tomorrow! Pulling out all the stops between now and 25th! Works party next Weds night but have already selected my food choice for the sit down meal and will be driving and going home straight after we’ve eaten so shouldn’t be a problem, she says hopefully! 😁. Good luck to everyone weighing in today. Fingers crossed for you, SueBlue!
    Kazzeexx

on

Morning Kazz- no gain for you so that is a positive and like you say, tomorrow may show a loss. Good luck to the Friday Club today. I couldn’t face getting on the scales this morning as I went out with a friend last night and ate a dessert! It was a conscious decision to eat apple crumble and I couldn’t face the figures on the scales mocking me this morning! As you know, I’m taking a more relaxed approach to the scales and just couldn’t put myself forward for a bad mood day based on what they showed. Cottage cheese and salad for lunch today and back to it. This is a lifelong road trip and so the odd blip here and there will have to be part of the trip for me. Like you Kazz I am going to pull out all the stops for the next 10 days and see if I can get as close to my Christmas target as possible. Let’s do this…..

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Kazz thanks for your good wishes, when I weighed myself this morning I had gone down since my high weight a few days ago, so over the last week have gained 200g – i can live with that as I thought it may be more given I’ve had 3 Christmas social occasions this week! Although I’ve enjoyed myself and had a few drinks I must admit it was a lot less compared to other years (pre-BSD). So now all my socialising is over, well until next Friday night, I’m going to strive hard over the next week to try and get a bit of a loss in before Christmas Day. Good luck to everyone else 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good Job, Sue and Cathy! 🙂 Gawd, we’ve got Christmas cake, Yule log and candied nuts on the fat station today! Fortunately other than the marzipan on the cake, the rest doesn’t appeal! I’ve got ham, bit of grated/shredded cheese and slice up gherkins rolled up in an omelette wrap for lunch… My mantra today is “a minute on the lips, a lifetime on my hips”! Can’t remember who said that, someone famous!

• posted by Verano
    on

Kazz did you manage to resist! Must admit your lunch sounds much more appetising than the stuff on the ‘fat station’ but maybe that’s just because we are BSD’ers!

on

Hello everyone. Yes Kazz I think it’s definitely the “fat station” season 🙂

I’m getting there – that’s my “revised revised revised” target I mean 😉 I’ve been consistently in the 140.0’s every morning this week: just really hoping to get below that before Christmas then not slap it all back on again! I’ve now broken up from school so on the one hand can control my diet more closely and get more exercise – but on the other have tons of social things planned so my fear is that I will undo all the results of my recent efforts. Hopeless I know!

Good luck everyone. Like others have said let’s really pull out all the stops before Christmas – we still have 11 days to go!

• posted by wendleg
    on

OOH enjoy your break Dreams ! I still have a week to go .

Don’t be fearful of the upcoming social events. With a bit of planning and damage limitation you can stay in control. You have the power and the tools. Have you tried having a fasting day after any excessive festivities ? You will be ok !

Good luck .Enjoy your célébrations.You deserve it

on

Got on the scales this morning and was happy to see that despite a couple of mindful misdemeanours (mince pie and apple crumble) the sales showed me at 138.2. My revised Christmas Eve target is going to be anything in the 136s. Got a couple of events this week which may scupper things slightly but I just need to keep my eye on the Christmas prize and if necessary might throw in a long fast next weekend prior to my Christmas Eve weigh in. It certainly hasn’t been as easy as I had hoped to get back to my goal weight this time round. I am still taking the L- Carnitine supplement daily but not sure if it is actually doing anything regarding my metabolism but it does have B vitamins in also which I think are helpful to vegetarian low carbers so may consider continuing to take it, JGwen did you notice any difference taking this supplement? Nine days to lose 2lb I know can be done so let’s see what I can do in nine days.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, trippers!
    Yes V, I managed to resist! Great news CCathy! 👏👏👏👏.
    Have just made an omelette for lunch today. Will try a couple of 24 hour fasts this week. Got the team party meal this Weds and I’m driving so can’t imbibe! My revised revised revised is to get to 15.6. 15.9 at the moment!
    Let’s keep the momentum going so we burst into the New Year feeling fabulous and on it!!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi CCathy,
    Regarding L- Carnitine when I first started taking it I used to notice that my body temp went up shortly afterwards. – I take a different brand now and don’t notice peaks and troughs in my temp any more, but I do notice the cold more on any day when I don’t take it. – I also notice increased stamina from it, for example I start each day at this time of year by filling the horses haynets, carrying feed and water out to the poultry pens, carrying feed out for the sheep, cleaning out and food and water for the chicks in the shelter, feed cats, dog. Without L-Carnitine I need to take a break for a few minutes and have a drink during that list, with it I comfortably keep on. I also notice I am less tired at the end of a busy day.
    It would be interesting to experiment with the effect on ketones levels at some point. – I have bought one of the cheap breathalysers from Amazon which means I can do various tests on patterns of different food types. But I don’t tend to have days which are the same which would make it hard to have clear test results.

on

Am drawing a line under Christmas book club at my house yesterday (cheese and wine and crisps and nibbles) and the lunchtime meal I had today with my colleague and tomorrow starts my last minute Christmas push. The amount of chocolates, sweets, biscuits being brought in for the staff at work by patients is unbelievable! I’m staying away from the chocolate box!

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning post book club blow out and see if it is doable to get in the 136s for Christmas Eve. Am hoping to throw in a long fast or two but I am coming down with a cold/bad chest so will weigh things up in the next couple of days. Eggs/cottage cheese/mushroom soup/ yoghurt and salad for me for the next few days and hopefully I can get back into ketosis by Friday and then burn some more fat off before Christmas!

We’re on the final lap now everyone- full speed ahead!

JGwen- thanks for your l-Carnitine update. I think you’re definitely right about the energy levels! It’s certainly worth taking for us long term vegetarians as there is no other source in our diet.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

I haven’t dared to get on the scales or log in here as I have been very naughty & derailed completely!!
    I need to get back on it but have had an exceptionally stressful time which doesn’t seem to be letting up!
    I am getting little or no sleep so am trying to be nice to myself but that’s when old habits of either just today or one more won’t harm, tomorrow and all those familiar downward spirals that makes -3 into +3 which is pretty much half a stone in the blink of an eye. Things are going to continue like this well into March with mums surgeries and depending on my daughters follow up test results who knows.
    I Feel like I cope well with all that is thrown at me but last week I took the easy option and found solace in old tastes & habits which are never really as nice as you think but too late the deed is done! So I self harm by then repeatedly do the same thing? Do we ever really rid ourselves of these ‘reset mindless bad habits’ 12.3 next week would love the 11 stone anything for 2019 I am not beating myself up water water water xx

Keep up the good work everyone especially those like me who take the long road and make it difficult for ourselves!! We will get somewhere and it is a better place than it would have been if we hadn’t tried at all.
    Move over driver I am jumping on taking charge of these next 2 weeks to 2019!! Dxx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well said Denise, your words were just what I needed to hear this morning. I’m another one who takes the long road – it will be 2 years since I started BSD next month and I’m still a LONG way from my goal weight! Although I haven’t seen the results I wanted to this year, you are right in that we are all better off for trying, I’m certainly in a better place than I have been in other years.
    So I’m not going to beat myself up if I don’t reach my revised, revised, revised goal by Christmas Day. I plan to eat healthily 90% of the time in this lead up to the day and enjoy a few treats.
    I had some chia and oat Bircher for breakfast this morning with fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries – all of the lovely summer fruits are in season here now, I’m looking forward to having some mango and cherries on Christmas Day.
    I like the idea of a fast day too, I may be able to do that on Thursday. I’d love to see 205 on the scales next Tuesday (I was 209.2 this morning) but if it doesn’t happen so be it, I’ll start 2019 with a renewed sense of purpose! First 2019 goal will be to get under 200lb.
    My other half is keen to join in after New Year, as he needs to lose about 2 stone at least.
    Good luck Cathy for reaching your goal, and I hope you feel better soon 🤗
    and good luck everyone else in our final week of this trip!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Denise, SueBlue – I am also on the long road… but we will get there and hopefully by this time next year, we’ll be where we want to be! The longer it takes, the more ingrained it becomes and a part of us… that’s a positive despite hitting a few pot holes along the way! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning! 🙂
    How’s everyone doing? I’m flagging a bit as the work mounts with early month end stuff. Like groundhog day and comes around so quickly! Feeling/am bloaty this morning and a bit horrible to be honest. Probably because I ate 2 courses last night quite late for me. (Work Xmas meal). I don’t feel “thin” so will fast today and give the next 5 days my all!
    Hope you’re all ok and fairly well organised? I’ve finished buying and am looking forward to wrapping on Saturday, and getting the tree up!
    Kazzeexx

on

Morning Kazz and fellow trippers

A fast today Kazz sounds like a great plan and if you feel bloated and horrible you will enjoy the cleansing process. I am going to eat very little today as I too went out with a colleague on Monday and darent tell you what I ate! I think our bodies are so used to the BSD way of eating that it reacts quite quickly to the wrong type of food. We have stil got five whole days to make a difference. I’ve been mentoring a new starter at work this week and it’s using up a lot of energy and I’ve started with a chest infection so am taking vitamin C and echinacea.

In January it will be two years since I started the BSD and it has definitely changed my life. This road trip that we are on is a journey for life. It has certainly helped me to break the journey into segments and the Christmas 2018 part of the road trip has focused me and encouraged me to keep on track. Although the road has been a little bumpy we are all still travelling together and I am looking forward to sharing the next part of our trip with fellow travellers.

Sue Blue- you are amazing and I love your determination to keep going. It will be a pleasure to share the next part of our journey together. We started together and we will keep going together.

Denise Susan- you are sharing the long road with me and SueBlue who are both used to the taking the long road so strap yourself in for the next part of the journey together,

Keep on track everyone, the Christmas finishing post is just ahead. It reminds me of being a part of Wacky Races. Do you remember that cartoon?

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning! Happy Friday everyone!
    Last work day for me until next Thursday! Yey!
    Cathy – I do remember the Wacky Races! Yes, it does feel like that sometimes, just not as fast!
    Well, I didn’t quite manage the all day fast which I’d planned as it was curry day in the restaurant and there were quite a few solicitors nursing hangovers!(I would have been one of them in years gone by!), so we all trouped upstairs for lunch together. I had a simple salad of lettuce leaves, cucumber and a couple of slices of warm medium rare roast beef. There was a joint freshly cooked on the deli counter. I didn’t have dinner last night.
    Feeling “thin” again today and the scales show a 2 lbs loss after 2 weeks of staying the same. I am now 15 stone, 7 lbs! We still have 4 days to go too so still hopeful of getting closer to my original target of 15 – am aiming for 15.5. We’ll see though. Starting the New Year at 15.7 will be okay with me. 🙂
    I shall be posting right up until Xmas Eve so hope to see some of you here if you get chance.
    Kazzeexx

on

Wow Kazz- it’s happening! Slow and steady wins the race….. well done. 2lb off is awesome. These next four days are important now so strap yourself in and foot down to the ground. I’ll be posting til Christmas Eve. 137 for me this morning!!! Was delighted!! Ate little yesterday. Yoghurt/eggs/cheese. Same today for me today and probably tomorrow and Sunday! 136 is my revised target so my foot is down and I am heading to the finish line.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning all!
    Looks like I am losing inches now! Staying in the 160’s!

Have a great day!

on

Morning everyone and well done for some great progress this week!

I have good news too – I’m now in the 9’s! Well, just. I’ve been in the 139lb range each morning this week which I am SO pleased about. I’d love to get below 139lb before Christmas if possible: for some reason it does seem harder to get firmly into the next stone bracket than lose any other pound or two, and I suspect that pesky pound will sneak back given half a chance 🙂

Then I look forward to joining the next road trip to get down to my original target of 133lb, hopefully over the next few weeks. Timescales don’t really matter to me any more: as others have said we have entered a whole new WOE and it’s a life-changing experience. The longer I spend on this journey the more I realise I don’t want ever to go back to where I was before.

I love the healthier eating choices that I am now willingly making, and find that this is having a knock on effect in other areas of my life as well: difficult to explain – and I will come back to this when we’re all less busy! – but it’s part of taking a more mindful and holistic approach to my whole lifestyle and wellbeing, and starting to consider other lifestyle changes that are going to be better for me than the stressy hamster-wheel way of living that I’ve got used to and kind of resigned myself to being as good as it gets.

Thank you all for your company on the journey. This has been the best thread I have been on so far as everyone is so friendly and supportive. And honest!

If I don’t manage to post again before Christmas I hope that you all have a happy and healthy time, and will see you on the other side X

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Cathy, Violinist, Dreams – bloody awesome! 🙂 Take a bow, ladies! 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Kazz!

Please log in or register to post a reply.