Starting today, Oct 3rd-fellow Monday starters feel free to join!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I am away from home this weekend so no weigh-in, until I get back home. Have kept up the pattern today of one main meal only, which was roast chicken and had one small piece of roast potato with the other vegetables. Followed that up with a lovely bowl of berries, melon, pear and Greek style yoghurt. Went to a coffee morning at a local church hall and resisted all the beautiful looking cakes, just had a coffee. Walked over 17500 steps today, even jogged non-stop a section of road that my sister tells me is about three-quarter of a mile long.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Weighed in this morning at 11 stone 9.6 pounds, just 0.6 pounds short of the 100 pounds loss. Body fat also down at 35.4% which apparently equates to 4 stone 1.9 pounds of fat left. I think my target of the next four weeks of another stone loss should just about have me into the normal range on this measure as well. Onwards and downwards. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Natalie
    on

Oh my goodness nearly 100 pounds! How exciting. Are you going to jump on the scales tomorrow morning?

• posted by Noodles
    on

OMG 100 pounds that is amazing. How long have you been on the diet and do you take regular breaks from it? Well done you. You must look and feel amazing.
    I have just completed week 3 and another 3 pounds gone so I am very pleased with 1 stone in 3 weeks. I barely lost anything for 9 days and you guys kept me focussed then 2 days ago, 3 pounds had disappeared overnight. Don’t get disheartened. It will come off. Xxx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’ve been working up to it gradually since May/June and am currently halfway through an 8 weeks at 800 calories. Came over from the 5:2 diet, via a couple of others, but the more I follow this plan, the easier it gets. I never went down the paid club route, always did it myself.

I will most certainly be jumping on the scales tomorrow morning and as many more mornings as it takes, and then excitedly posting here, in the mini-goals thread, in the Hello thread where I first posted and in the 100 club thread started by Stewart a couple of months ago, as well as on my own diary thread. This is quite a big marker for me, and very close then to 40% of my bodyweight when I started gone, hopefully forever.

• posted by Randam
    on

Oh mixnmatch you are such an inspiration!
    Well done!!

Well I fell off the wagon good and proper being away from home …
    Flying home tonight.. I feel like a whale … all bloated

I’ll stand on the scales in the morning and check the damage….
    Then it’s straight back on it!.. I’ve even ordered my food shopping online for delivery tomorrow to do week 4
    It will be interesting to see how quickly it falls off

I’Il keep you updated as it’s a learning curve for all of us…
    xx

• posted by Randam
    on

Woo hoo!
    Only 3 and 3/4 lbs on….
    I honestly thought it was waaayyy more than that!!

It means I’m 14stone something again .. but much better result than I expected

Back to it!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Not made the 100 lbs this morning, in fact a slight increase of 0.2 pounds. I will see if being extra good today, and my badminton tonight can do the trick. Great to see you didn’t put too much on Randam, I expect the extra weight will drop off quite fast now you have restarted, it certainly did for me after my off-plan holiday in France.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Dr Anderson – I have reported your post as advertising and also the other one on the other forum.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Back down to 0.6 pounds off the 100 pounds loss, it’s one of those mini-plateaus at just the most annoying moment again, like the last one that held me in the 12 stone bracket for almost a whole week. Keeping on keeping on, and hoping for a good reaction to today’s double badminton session.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well it took me a few more days, but I got there. 100 pounds and 45 kg off since I started this particular round of weight loss last Feb. 263 pounds when I started, and 162.8 now. I thought first thing it was more ‘oh no, not again’ but a visit to the loo and a re-weigh did the trick ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Next mini-goal will probably be more than a week away, at 7 1/2 stone, which is 4.8 pounds away. How’s everyone else getting on?

• posted by Randam
    on

Oh wow!
    Mixnmatch that is just jaw dropping!
    Fantastic… go you!!!

Well I am back on plan and already lost the 3 3/4 lb I put on last week in Scotland.

I feel less bloated and have more energy again!!
    I made a big batch of red pepper soup for my lunches and froze 6 portions….

• posted by Keid
    on

I plateaued again last week and had an evening slightly off plan last night as was my sisters birthday. Anyway back on the case from now so hoping to get the scales moving this week!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi fellow October 3rd starters, it’s gone quiet around here, is there anyone still around? Having steeled my self for disappointment this morning after a 5 day plateau, and even some weight rises, the whoosh came and I am down 3 pounds for the week. I am hoping everyone else is still on track, or if off track they can still see how to get back to it.

• posted by Josijo
    on

Hi Mixnmatch,
    Started the 9th October. still going strong. Have lost a stone so far and 4 inches off my waist. Best of all no insulin at all since I started the diet and blood sugars are perfect. Seem to do the same as you, keep getting on the scales daily and think I have lost nothing and then whoosh 3 lbs gone. Need to get a bit more inventive as getting a little bored now. Just ordered some Konjac noodles, will see how I go on with those. Don’t care how bored I get the results speak for them themselves. Hubster has lost 21 lbs!! .
    Onwards and downwards as we say!
    Keep going xxxx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Definitely time to get more creative if you are getting bored ๐Ÿ˜€ I am always experimenting with new flavourings to pep up the vegetables, and they are far more delicious as a result than boring old simple carbs. I added a couple of teaspoons of dijon mustard tonight to some stir fried vegetables that I was having with spicy pork steaks, and it was absolutely fabulous. I have some konjac noodles and the rice chopped up version in the cupboard, but haven’t resorted to them yet. I am a courgetti convert.

• posted by Heather Patricia
    on

Hi Mixnmatch, I have been having plateaux too but I am still down 17lbs since 3rd October. The rate of loss has definitely slowed since the beginning, and as I am sticking like glue to the diet, I am a little disappointed. I would have expected to be down a lot more.
    But I am never hungry and will keep going for the 8 weeks. Would love to hear from other people who started on 3rd October.

• posted by Randam
    on

Hey all,
    I fell off the wagon again this weekend with visitors staying over…
    but I did manage to do a lot of walking… not seen the damage on the scales yet.. that’s tomorrow

I know that whatever went on will fall off quickly.
    I did hit my stone off last week though….
    Back on it tomorrow

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Gooood morning everyone, a very good one for me ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ The whoosh goes on and I hit Seven and a half stone lost to date and body fat less than 35% now at 34.7%! I hope you are all having mini-successes and little wins too on your journey to good health.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh i love that word Whoosh MIXY! And i love the Whoosh feeling.
    Wow youre doing sooooooo well,you must be soooooo happy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ big round of enthusiastic applause! Very happy for you ! XX

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Thanks Yowzer, still grinning now, and about to open a nice bottle of red so I can have my one small celebratory glass out of it before my OH polishes the rest off. I hit 40.1% of my former bodyweight lost as well, so a triple celebration.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Flippin heck MIXY! Over 40% bodyweight lost! Respect,man!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปโญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปโญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปโญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปโญ๏ธ
    Enjoy your little tipple,its well deserved! X

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well, after an intervention from water weight courtesy of the time of the month, and a whole bottle of prosecco on Saturday night at a party (no-one else was drinking it) ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I probably have a few of those milestones to pass again. Still, onwards and downwards for the last week ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Just two days (well, one really now) to go before my 8 weeks is up and I am pleased to report I am no longer officially overweight, with a BMI of 24.95. I will be transitioning back to 5:2 from next Monday, with the aim of putting no weight on in the run up to Christmas, although Monday will also be a fast day as it is part of my Strictly carb challenge week. Is there anyone else from the group still going?

• posted by Heather Patricia
    on

Hi Mixnmatch
    I’m still here! I stuck to the diet for the full 8 weeks – didn’t deviate at all. I have lost 22lbs which I am very pleased about but from all
    the hype in the book I would have expected to lose more. I hope to maintain this weight loss over Christmas and then hope to do another 8 weeks in the New Year. Has anyone got any tips about maintaining the loss? Would love to hear from others who started on 3rd October – how did you all get on?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I will tell you tomorrow what my final total is but it is around 25 pounds so not too different, particularly as my starting just after a ‘weekend off’ probably had me a little high in carb related water retention. I can’t think of any other diet I have tried where you can lose over a stone and a half in less than two months with so little feeling of hardship or hunger.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

26 pounds was my final total for the eight weeks, very pleased with that. How did everyone else do? Are people continuing with the plan, or starting the other patterns?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh well done MIXY! XXX๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป XXX

• posted by Randam
    on

Oh well done everyone!

I was going so well up until I went to Scotland!
    I’d lost a stone …
    I have kept it off… but really fell off the wagon.
    I’m going to have another go though once I get through December, I know I can’t stick to it thoroughly with parties and Christmas.
    However, I love the recipes and I’m staying carb free as much as I can
    Sooo impressed Mixy!….
    You are my inspiration xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.