Starting today, Oct 3rd-fellow Monday starters feel free to join!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Seashell
    on

Good morning everyone! Haven’t posted much lately, been a little busy and really trying to get some walking in today’s 2 week weigh in went well down 14lbs total. Wasn’t too sure after last week’s roller coaster. I think I’m starting to notice a little bit better sleeping and I know I’m not getting tired as easily as I was, definitely a plus. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• posted by Victorir
    on

Hello everyone! How’s Monday going so far? Start of another week, I weighed myself this morning, lost 1/2 kg so pleased it is still going down. Going to keep going and really try to drink enough! I’m enjoying Greek yoghurt with nuts on in the mornings. Don’t miss bread and cereal at all!
    Well done on all the fantastic losses and for staying motivated and keeping it up into another week!! Xv

• posted by Adelski
    on

Good Morning everyone haven’t posted much recently but still reading about all your success – well done to everyone.
    I too has some wine at the weekend, it was sooooo lovely and to be honest the little treat I needed after quite a stressful week at work. Went out for dinner last night and had Chicken breast stuffed with basil, wrapped in Bacon and salad with olive oil and balsamic which I thought was extremely restrained!! This morning weigh in lost a total of 7.5lb which I am very pleased with. Would be very happy with 3lb this week – keep going everyone you are all amazing!!! xxx

• posted by Major Mummy
    on

2 weeks down; 3kgs lost and bloods being checked by Dr tomorrow for the first time.
    Even though I’m losing, I keep having the odd blip which I need to stop. This morning it was a packet of crisps (these are my downfall) for breakfast – why?! Who in their right mind has crisps for breakfast?! I did make up for it by punishing myself with 2 beetroot falafels for lunch though. Lamb tagine in oven for supper too.
    RANDAM – the sea view sounds amazing. Well done on managing the move.

• posted by Victorir
    on

Oh seashell I’ve noticed that too! I’m sleeping better, after that awful sleeping at the start! So it does get better as body adjusts! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Cassyanne
    on

Weight today, lost 10lbs, but last week was a real yoyo week, up and down. I am loving the diet, and cooking recipes but I do not strictly weigh ingredients or portions, so probably that causes weight fluctuations. Had a G and T and glass of wine at the weekend, my only treat. Cooked cheesy scones but they are so delicious I have had to freeze them, too tempting. Everyone seems to be having different experiences and weight loss. I have reduced my blood pressure pills as I felt really faint in the mornings, but now feel great. I went on this diet because of raised blood sugar, so blood test today will hopefully show a reduction, fingers crossed
    Keep up the good work guys,

• posted by Primadawn
    on

Good morning everyone! I had a bad weekend, food-wise! Was out of town and visiting with my oldest daughter for her birthday and we went out to eat a lot. I didn’t have a backup plan and went a little off the rails! Still probably under 1000 calories, and definitely overboard on carbs! Luckily, the scale didn’t show a gain this morning, but no loss either. I guess under the circumstances, that’s the best I could have hoped for! So overall weight loss over 2 weeks is holding steady at 8 pounds. I’m ok with that, but now time to get serious again!

• posted by Heather Patricia
    on

Hi Everyone, I am on the BSD two weeks and a day and I am down 10lbs! Thats the best start I have ever had on any diet and I have never felt hungry. I have had some sugar/chocolate cravings but not too bad. My daughter in law has the following on a board in her kitchen and I thought I would share it with you all:- YOU CAN’T OUT-EXERCISE A BAD DIET! Good luck to all.

• posted by Randam
    on

Just a quick celebrate…
    I’m 13st something!!!! Woo hoo!

Another 2lb off… 11 lb in total ๐Ÿ˜บ

• posted by Natalie
    on

Fantastic Randam!

• posted by Keid
    on

Anyone else on a plateau? (5 days no movement up or down!) I’ve lost another half inch off my waist but the scales aren’t moving.

• posted by Keid
    on

Anyone else on a plateau? (5 days no movement up or down!) I’ve lost another half inch off my waist but the scales aren’t moving.

• posted by Cassyanne
    on

I an on a plateau, after 18 days sticking to recipes and the very occasional glass of wine, starting to get disillusioned, 9 lbs in total. Why is this?

• posted by Timmy
    on

9lbs in 18 days is still good! It could be because of the level of carbs that you are eating. Quite a few people on here have found that they need to limit the carbs to 50g per day to shifting again.

Also, most people find that when they are plateauing, although the weight isn’t changing, they tend to lose inches of their body, so make sure you are measuring yourself as well.

• posted by Keid
    on

I’m with you it’s hard to be so good for no ‘reward’. I’ve had a search on the forum and it seems quite usual to happen, I’m not sure how to fix it though!

• posted by topcac
    on

Stick with it everyone – I started on 12 September so am a little ahead of you – I lost nothing for 10 days (even put on a pound) during weeks 2/3 then suddenly, end of week 4 3 and a half lbs came off. Currently tracking at average 2lbs per week (and I don’t have alot to lose – 23lbs in total) Hang in there!!

• posted by Cara54
    on

I haven’t been here for a while. Not sticking to the diet as well as I should. I have a strange routine. Work 74hrs Monday to Monday and then 6 days off. I have accommodation at work as it’s very remote. Although I cook some of the time I don’t have much control over the what’s available for eating. Everything is delivered. There is no shop. There’s always home baking available and very hard to resist.

I’ve lost about 5lbs since I started about three weeks ago. Sorry for rambling. Could use some moral support. Thanks.

• posted by Randam
    on

Hey Cara!
    Stick in there honey! That’s a tough rotation!

Is there any chance of you batch cooking in advance and freezing some of the recipies to take with you?

I’m finding that some of the ones in the book are for 2-4 people… and I’m on my own so I freeze what I don’t use…. and microwave them when needed?

Urrggh I’d also find it hard to cope with home baking around everyday!…
    I suppose the only way round that is to think about what motivated you at first to come onto the diet, and remember those 5lbs lost already.. which is a loss that you wouldn’t have had otherwise!

We”re all here supporting you… keep going xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CARA youre doing brilliantly! Cant be easy to work such long hours on a reduced amount of cals and carbs,plus not much say in the food shopping …well done, i dont think i wd manage as well as you are! X some great ideas from RANDAM ! Hope they help.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Count me in the week 3 plateau group. No movement on the scales essentially for the last four days, and to make it even more annoying I am stuck just above my next mini-goal of getting into the 11 somethings. 0.3 of a pound above in fact according to my scales. Not letting it get to me though, I still feel great and have just had the most amazing seafood stew, inspired by a low carb soup recipe I found online. I will be on my feet all day tomorrow as we are taking some (well behaved I hope) students to the zoo, very educational.

• posted by Primadawn
    on

Good morning all! I’ve not been on the scale this week as we don’t weigh again for our challenge group until next Thursday and I’m trying to wait til then! For those of you on a plateau, when I did extreme low carb previously, I found that when I hit a plateau, eating a bit higher fat always seemed to get things moving again. (Don’t go crazy. I’m not talking about eating a pound of cheese here, but maybe some red meat instead of chicken or fish?)
    CARA, working that type of shift has got to be difficult, but you’re doing great! I agree: if possible, I’d be making meals ahead, freezing them and taking them with you. Even your “snacks”, I’d portion out into baggies. Have your food planned ahead for the week and once it’s gone, you’re done. Planning ahead is key for me. When I don’t, I make poor spur of the moment decisions.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. I’m sure I posted last night but it appears to have got lost. I’m feeling much better today. managed 20 hours without eating which was good. I’ll probably do that again at the start of the week. I also went to the gym this morning. 20 minutes on the cross trainer = just over 1000 steps.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Gaargh, would you believe it? Still on that pesky plateau. Now as close as I can get to the 11 somethings without actually getting there as I could be, using my scales. 12 stone 0.0 pounds! A measly 0.1 pound away from the 11 somethings. It even flickered slightly when I first stepped on showing me 11 stone for the first time, before making its mind up that I wasn’t there yet. Good news is I survived the trip to the zoo on my planned food, and we came back with the same number of children we went with, although I noted that some were disturbingly good at imitating howler monkeys. Luckily the threats to confiscate items bought from the gift shop if they used them on the coach, particularly the duck callers and musical instruments meant a relatively peaceful 2 hour coach ride home.

• posted by apatch
    on

hey everyone….i haven’t written in for a while, I’ve just been plugging away at this diet though I have been keeping up with all the comments and posts along the way. i had a bit of a plateau last week too, the scales just didn’t move for about a week+, but it has kick started again and all in all I’ve lost about 5 kg (~11 pounds). It’s a bit frustrating when nothing seems to be shifting but i think it does catch up again eventually…

I’m happy to say that I’m finding this easier and easier as the time goes on, just not feeling so hungry all the time as I did before this diet, I think my blood sugars have leveled out a lot since cutting right back on carbs. more energy, not so tired and lethargic all the time anymore ๐Ÿ™‚

The only thing I can say is if you’re finding it tough and things aren’t moving, just to keep with it as best you can and trust that the weight will shift eventually (I almost gave up on it myself last week!). We’ll get there!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Bought the BSD recipe book today, and another couple that looked interesting. Skinny soups, and the Mediterranean paleo diet book. Will start to add a couple of recipes to the usual suspects this next week ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Maybe it was yesterday’s overeating, or maybe it was visualising the lovely food while reading my new recipe books, but the plateau has finally ended, and I am in the 11 somethings. 11 stone 13.4 to be precise. Rest of my official weigh in will be posted on my journal thread in Fast 800 forum shortly.๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Cassyanne
    on

I am not losing weight, so feeling fed up. Back to GP tomorrow for blood sugar test result, so if that has reduced I will be happy. Plus side, I do not feel hungry between meals and have more energy, off for a long walk today.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Mixnmatch – congratulations on moving through the 12 stone barrier. I’m glad your plateau has finally ended – a lovely feeling.

• posted by Randam
    on

Hey… good going everyone!
    Cassyann… keep going hon

I lost 3lb in total this week… total loss of 12lb so far.
    Really happy …
    This weeks challenge: I’m in a hotel until the 31st….
    I won’t be able to have my recipes from the book and I’ll need to ‘wing it’

Wish me luck!!!

• posted by Keid
    on

Morning. I’m going to weigh again tomorrow morning and I am so hoping that I have lost something after a week with no movement. I’m only 1lb from the next stone down and I so want to get there! Got a family birthday party this afternoon – will have to be strong in the face of cakes and treats. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday xxx

• posted by Cassyanne
    on

Hi Keid
    Good luck with the Birthday Party, cakes are always tempting. I went to a family dinner on friday night and stuck to 2 thai fishcakes and some coleslaw, whilst everyone else had 3 courses, so it can be done. Weigh in tomorrow, hoping to go under 11st !

• posted by Keid
    on

I’m afraid I caved and had a very thin sliver of cake and a glass of cava. Oh well, done now, back on the wagon I go. My first sugary thing for three weeks, was yum but I was cross with myself after. Too scared to weigh tomorrow now, I’ll have a gain for sure! Roll on wheel 4. I’m just menu planning for the week ahead.

• posted by Cassyanne
    on

Mixed up some seeds and nuts for snacks, to last a few days. Watched Strictly results and ate the lot! How stupid was that. Now feel really guilty and very thirsty. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Good luck with week 4 everyone, my plateau has ended so I am quite excited for the coming week. Today, a little down on yesterday at 11 stone 12.8 pounds. Anyone else having the odd blip, don’t let it derail you, the journey goes on, maybe just a little slower. Onwards and downwards!

• posted by Noodles
    on

Morning guys and gals. Day 1 of week 3 and at today’s weigh in I am down another 5lbs. 11lbs in total in 2 weeks. Bloody marvellous. Never feel hungry and feel like my taste buds have completely changed. Here’s to the next week. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ

• posted by Cassyanne
    on

Hi everyone.
    Weigh in today, 11st 1lb thats a total of 11lbs since 3rd October, so not too bad.
    Had portobella mushroom with poached eggs and melted mozzerella cheese for breakfast/brunch ugh, did not like it at all, will nor repeat.
    Keep up the diet everyone
    l

• posted by treelady
    on

Hi All,
    Great to hear that I was not the only one plateauing on week 3 – but at the start of week four I am down 8lbs with 1.5 inches off around the hips and an inch off my waist – so very happy with that.

Useful tip about watching the carbs – I think mine have been creeping up with too many carrots and swede in the veg part of dinners.

I view it this way – it took over 3 years for the extra couple of stone to go on, so 8lbs lost in 3 weeks is fab – but like Keid I am so close to being in the 11 stone something bracket that it is really frustrating.

Bought myself a spiralizer last weekend and despite being very skeptical, courgetti do actually make a very good substitute for pasta. And even hubby thought the roasted cauliflower florets were very tasty!

Cara54 – I so do not envy your mad work hours – but keep at it, any weight loss is a victory!

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi everyone

I’ve been reading the benefits of adding butter, ghee or coconut oil and cream to coffee for breakfast. Apparently it’s great for keeping hunger away and for fat burning. Has anyone heard of or tried it? Does it work?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CARA a few friends on 5:2 fasting forum enjoy coffee this way..they call it bulletproof..they say its filling and tastes good. I’ m not a coffee fan so havent tried it. I think they recommend using a really good coffee ..wd be worth googling bulletproof coffee for tips on how to prepare it..i think theres a way of making it so its not greasy on top! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

TREELADY well done on getting thru yr plateau and losing inches and pounds!
    Yep i agree yrcarrots and swede..surprisingly carby tho they used to be veg i ate freely!
    I must admit,during winter i need comforting root veg ….when i complete week 24, my cycle 3 of BSD, at christmas,i will be incorporating these into my Jan / Feb eating! ๐Ÿ˜› X

• posted by Randam
    on

Uh oh!
    Staying in a hotel this week really isn’t working.
    It’s so hard to make good food choices and I’m sure I’ve been way over 800 cals.
    I just hope I don’t do too much damage to the weight I’ve lost so far.
    I’ll restart week 4 next week I think

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Randam, stay strong as you can avoiding the white stuff, and as you say, reboot next week. I will be having a weekend away before my week 8 ends, but have decided now that it will be ‘off plan’ rather than cheating and I will still try to make good choices.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Good news in Mix land, my OH is the lightest he has been for many years, and only four pounds now from losing 2 stone, and I have made my weeks target of hitting the seven stone off since Feb 2015. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Even the cold I have can’t get me down of the ceiling after that reading on the scales.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Randam
    I agree that even with being careful you are highly likely to be over the 800.

But actually – if you have put weight on it will mostly be water weight and once you go back onto the 800 BSD it flies off really surprisingly fast – so do enjoy the rest of your stay.

• posted by Heather Patricia
    on

Hi Oct 3rd – fellow Monday starters, I hadn’t lost any weight for nearly a week and was starting to despair but in the last two days I am down 3lbs so that makes 15lbs in three and a half weeks! I am thrilled. So, my tip is – stick with it, we all plateau and it will drop off eventually. Good luck everyone.

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Congratulations Mixnmatch what a fantastic achievement for you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Cassyanne
    on

Out to lunch today, had asparagus soup and shock a small bread roll, first bread since 3rd October, but gosh it tasted gorgeous. GP very pleased with my weight loss, and have reduced blood pressure pills, and HbA1c bloodtest is down to normal limits. ALl in all diet is working well, and do not feel hungry, although weight yoyos all the time, but it seems everyone has the same problem

• posted by Keid
    on

Morning! Official weigh day for me. So pleased as I’m finally off my plateau – 3lb loss this week so 13lb total which is just brilliant. Been being super careful with carb counting and it’s really paying off. Hope everyone has a great day x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ooh another one thru the plateau! Congrats KEID! Such a relief isnt it! Well done,26 packets of lard gone forever x
    Coz no way will we let them return after all our hard work!X

• posted by Major Mummy
    on

Plateau here for me too, but still 5kgs lost since the start on 3rd Oct. Looking forward to getting through it! Well done everyone – looks like there is some great progress despite the odd blip here and there (I had a major one 2 days ago so have had to be extra good for a couple of days).
    My willpower was so good today. I had the lid off the biscuit jar, my hand inside… But I walked away without taking one. 4 weeks ago I would have thought nothing of eating 5 or 6! Can’t go back to that.

Please log in or register to post a reply.