Starting the last push to ultimate goal today ….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by cmawp
    on

I appear to be eating humble pie so far this week after dropping 4.2lb last week. So far I’m up 3.75lb with 2 days left until my weekly weigh.

That’s a lot of slices of pie!

It was a difficult week at work which impacted my food prep. It showed me how important my prep has become.

I usually watch the Superbowl every year surrounded by food and beer. It’s tomorrow night and I had resolved this year to prepare chicken wings and a spicy Indian chicken dish, no beer. I’m going to drop to just the wings and I think I’ll do a 24 hour fast from 7pm tonight to limit any further damage.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi cmawp,
    It’s a bugger, isn’t it! I share your pain, you are not alone!
    Just remember to enjoy the Superbowl.

• posted by topcac
    on

Holding steady this week which, considering what I’ve eaten, is a flamin’ miracle. Did a 26 hour fast over the weekend – 2pm Saturday to 4pm yesterday (which included a workout yesterday morning). Sure that helped. Not generally good at the maintenance stuff so pleased – ready for a 1.5lb downward push this week to my ultimate goal…!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Confession time!! Managed to gain 1.2lb on my weekly weigh-in – more if you take my lowest weight during the week. However, I have to take this as something of a bonus, as I was expecting worse. We were visiting with one of our daughters for her birthday this w/e and went to France for the day on Saturday, all of which involved more carbs than usual, including alcohol which always screws things up for me. I am hopeful of being able to push back down to last week’s weekly weigh-in level by this time next week. Would like to believe I could better it, but that is unlikely for me as a slow loser. Good thing is, I still have 8wks in hand to hit goal weight, so should still be doable, even given this week being a backward step.

Well done TC, at least you didn’t see any increase and so are starting the week with a positive. Good luck with hitting goal weight by this time next week. I’m sure you can do it!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Never mind, SunnyB. I too was a slow loser last year so I didn’t expect things to suddenly speed up this time round, especially when there are only a few more pounds to go – you can’t blame the body for wanting to keep hold of its last reserves of blubber! ๐Ÿ™‚
    No more losses to report but I seem to be hovering nearer the 142lb mark than the 144lb mark. Tiny steps…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done for holding steady Rozy. Fingers crossed we both have something positive to bring to forum, at the next weekly weigh-in. Managing to keep control so far today – hopefully I can keep a good grip on things for the entire week and report something good next Monday.

Good luck to everyone else struggling to shift the last few pounds.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi all, I’ll add to the gain pot. 1lb up for me which I’m surprised with, based on the 3.75lb gain I registered on Saturday morning! I completed a 24hr fast from 8:30pm on Saturday night and I’m sure it was this which rebooted my system. First time I’ve deliberately done a fast.

4lb to go for me.

Well done to Mixandmatch for hitting goal this week; smashing news. It gives us all great strength to push on. 2 years of persistence has paid off for you. Good luck with maintenance, we’ll be looking for you when we get there.

TC, well done for controlling the balance for the week. I’m on the same page as you re: the fasting and the surprise based on what I’d eaten this week.

SunnyB, sounds like the good times had were worth the effort you’ll put in over the next week to get back on track. Those are the lengths we go to for good friends and family. Nasty alcohol for doing that to you!

RozyDozy, thanks for the support you gave me, helped me hang in there on a tough weekend. Good luck for the next week.

The Buffalo chicken wings I made probably fit into the Mediterranean maintenance category. About 20g of carbs in the meal, not including dipping veg (cauliflower, broccoli and celery). Obviously horrific for fat and calories with 100g of butter and chicken skin involved but I could probably tailor a recipe to make them less rich.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry you have recorded a gain this week, cmawp. Frustration for many of us this week it seems. I have a clear run for a couple of weeks, before the next potential derailing event – a dinner out. I’m hoping some decent progress might have been made by then.

Good luck for a good loss this week everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Reporting a much more successful weekly weigh-in today and also breaking through a mini-goal! So, came in at 8st 13lb dead, which is a 3.4lb loss over the week and takes me past my mini-goal of hitting 9st. So, although this result is actually a slight bounce back from the lowest weight registered throughout the last week, I’m more than happy with the weekly figure. In fact, this has been one of my most successful BSD weeks to date! Now my next mini-goal will be to drop another 4lb, to get the exactly 2st lost – this really feel attainable now and I’m hopeful of getting there before the 9th April.

Good luck to everyone, especially those facing their weekly weigh-ins today. Looking forward to reading lots of great results soon.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Well done, SunnyB, on making your mini-goal! It can be done – and good luck for your final 4lbs.

I still seem to be treading water. Unusually for me, the past few weigh-ins my weight has been stable (it’s very up/down normally) but I was at 10st 2lb 8oz so I wasn’t too bothered since the 2lb have been more in evidence than the 3lb/4lb/5lbs of earlier in the year. But the past couple of weigh-ins have shown a rise – yes, it’s my overindulgence. This time last year I still had 2stone of blubber to keep me warm – I’m plundering the recipes like a good ‘un but I’m aware that I’m grazing again. I’ve definitely upped my activity levels since Xmas but the past couple of times I’ve been swimming I’ve come home feeling absolutely ravenous, I could eat a horse. I’ve also become too fond of calling in at one of the local food shops ostensibly to top up with a veg or two and something non-BSD slips its way into my basket – Stick to the list, Rose.
    I will be glad when the warmer weather returns & I can turn off the central heating which I am sure is making me feel thirsty all the time, I’m probably confusing thirst with hunger so am taking in food which I don’t need rather than liquid.
    Anyway, it’s a nice day today and I need to go to the local PO so that’s a 50min walk in the bag. And I should be getting back into the garden/allotment in coming weeks.
    Anyway, good luck everyone – hope you are edging nearer your targets.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi all, well done SunnyB on your fantastic result this week. You’ve got your eyes on the prize and I can feel the determination oozing from you! Keep up the great work.

RozyDozy, don’t be too disheartened by the plateau. You’re getting a good idea of what maintenance might feel like. Have a little word with yourself before you go into a shop or prep your BSD friendly post-activity meal and take it with you to eat after swimming or other activity.

I had a good result this week; 2lb loss. This takes me to 2lb from goal weight. I even had a night out on Saturday, so it’s good to see that I was able to limit any damage this week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t be disheartened Rozy, try to get back to the BSD basics and perhaps have a close look at the carb intake, to see if you can budge yourself off that plateau. Get the hydration thing sorted too, as we all know that is important for BSD progress.

Well done on that 2lb loss cmawp – getting really close to that main goal now! With luck and a fair wind you could well be there by this time next week.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Thanks SunnyB & cmawp for your words of encouragement. My mojo keeps going AWOL – might have to chain it up in a cellar. Currently feeling a bit cold & nursing a bit of a headache so I’ve just downed an extra glass of water.
    Cmawp – you’re right – I’ve probably got maintenance cracked! ๐Ÿ™‚ The shopping list is being written – with the words “NO EXTRAS” at the top. I roasted a chicken this weekend so I’ve got cold chicken to eat up this week – did the chicken & bulgar wheat “risotto” last night.

Just steeling myself to go for a swim this afternoon. Soon be time to make courgette & tomato soup for lunch…

Good luck for your continued efforts.

• posted by topcac
    on

A pound on for me – so my goal has slipped away to 2.5lbs now – I’m trying to be kind to myself – I know why, I ate too much of the wrong stuff – but I’m sure that a few days on the right stuff will see me right. I’m my own worst enemy – really!!

Well done Sunny on your fabulous loss – must be lovely get a result like that every once in a while now that you’re so close to target!

Hope everyone else is doing well, wish you better Rozy

and Happy Valentine’s Day (if you do that sort of thing) x
    TC

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi topcac,
    Don’t sweat about the extra pound – sounds like we are joint members of the “own worst enemy” club!
    At least recognising that is better than being in denial.
    Yes, thank you, I’m feeling a bit more with it now – just got back from my swim, 50mins slogging up & down. It’s left me ravenous but I have my cold chicken to devour. I had been trying to bring forward my last meal of the day to extend the overnight fast but I’ve been having a snack later on so maybe I’ll just make sure I’ve eaten by 7pm (like I did last year) and be content with 12-13hours of overnight fasting.
    Keep on, everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t worry about that extra pound TC, we all know they sneak back occasionally and then suddenly disappear again the same way. Being just 2.5lb form target is so close, it might well happen all in one whoosh! Stay focused, stick with it and I’m sure you will be reporting great things next time.

Rozy – well done on that swim. Swimming always leaves me peckish too, but great that you have a plan for the evening meal. If the 12-13hr overnight fast has worked for you in the past, that would seem a reasonable way to go.

Anyway, better go and cook my grand daughter her tea! Stay focused everyone.

• posted by topcac
    on

Oh God – yesterday turned into an absolute disaster – Two chocolates turned into an eventual tally of 3587 calories and 232g carbs. Well, I don’t do things by halves, that’s for sure.

Back on it this morning – kicking myself royally up the backside – didn’t weigh in (no kidding!!) and won’t now until Monday – let’s see if I can save this week!!

ARGH!!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ouch, TC!! That was certainly not by halves, but so pleased you are back to the regime today. And we all know, the damage is likely to be much less than you fear anyway, so I’m sure if you stick with it through to Monday, you’ll be seeing something to be proud of. I’m wavering between 8st 13lb and 8st 13.4lb, so things aren’t happening for me right now, but I haven’t been counting cals or carbs over the last couple of days, as I have had grandchildren staying and it was just easier to stick to the principle but not weigh and measure. So like you, I will be getting back to things properly tomorrow and hoping for something positive on Monday morning.

Don’t worry about yesterday, it happened and now you can move on and see a win on Monday.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Never mind, topcac. They say if a job is worth doing, it’s worth doing well – guess that applies to having a splurge on calories…
    Hope your backside isn’t feeling too sore from your self-administered kicking!

• posted by cmawp
    on

topcac that is a cracking effort! Hopefully the chocolates were worth the splurge.

My theory is that an occasional splurge like that gives the system a jolt and I have found on numerous occasions that two or three days later I can have a whoosh, providing I stay well on track in between. Who knows, it could be the tonic you needed.

He says, having snaffled 4 heavily butter-iced cupcakes during his daughters 2nd birthday celebration!

My approach is to weigh the next day, despite the remorse I’ll likely feel. I toyed with the idea of skipping weighing but for me I need to connect the event with the scales to take some accountability. I’m already up 3lb since my weekly weigh before this event occurred.

Onwards and downwards to all the ultimate goal seekers!

• posted by cmawp
    on

I’m up 1.5lb this week off the back of last week’s lowest ever weekly weigh in. It’s my 3rd lowest weight on BSD so although a gain is disappointing, I won’t hold on to that.

I’ve had a few distractions this week and yesterday I paid a heavy price for eating some bread coated ‘shaped chicken’ bites. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach all day and at one point I was braced over the toilet to bring it back up! Never again, it wasn’t fun and certainly wasn’t worth eating.

I seem to be able to eat sugary foods with a small bad effect but any bread/flour/rice based foods make me feel ill now.

Hope everyone is well, looking forward to hearing your updates.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi cmawp,
    Tough news about the 1.5lb increase – but, as you say, if you are at your 3rd lowest weight, that’s what’s worth holding on to. Even when I was in the full swing of BSD last year I’d get fairly regular upwards lurches but I looked at the bigger picture which showed a downward trend. I just keep reminding myself that I still weigh more than 2st less than I did in Jan 2016, and I consider that the achievement, it just makes the odd gain of 1-2lb seem like small beer.

As for me, I am pleased to report that last week provided some consistent downward weigh-ins and today, praise the Lord, I broke through the 10st 2lb barrier for the first time since mid-December, 10st 1lb 4oz to be exact. Yes, it’ll probably bounce up a bit so I won’t get too delirious!

Anyway, I’m sure you’ll rid yourself of the extra, so keep persevering.
    Rose

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Did anyone see the Channel4 programme last week about assorted slimmers of the year and whether they had kept the weight off?
    It featured several people who had experienced substantial weight gain after their substantial losses. The experts basically said that weight gain is inevitable because the body wants to claw back the fat it has lost. The people they featured who had successfully kept the weight off basically had kept up the momentum (one had even retrained as a personal trainer).

The moral of the tale seemed to be you’ve got to keep up your efforts, slack off too much and you undo the good work. For me, it also reinforced the importance of losing weight by eating proper food (I’ve felt for a while that shakes & pre-prepared meals don’t allow you to retrain your own ability to prep your own food). While I might struggle losing those last few pounds, I think the BSD is more likely to allow us to keep the weight off – but it is down to us to make sure we keep at it.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I did and thought it was poor.

The section on the American chap who’d won some banal TV programme and had put weight on “because” his metabolic rate had dropped to the point of him requiring only 1600 cals a day and then, after he’d put some weight back on and they did some real tests, it had amazingly returned to 2400, was just nonsense; as was his promotion of some food supposed to boost metabolic rate (?).

The lady from Lancashire who even said she’d gone back to eating what she’d done before her weight loss and had then put the weight back on, was beyond satire.

One of my goals for the next challenge: stop watching crap telly. I really need to get out more…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Must admit I didn’t see the programme, but have already come to the decision that we can’t return to eating as we did before and expect to maintain our loss. It was eating as we had been, which got us into the mess in the first place, so why would returning to it again result in anything different. Einstein is credited with saying, โ€œThe definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different resultsโ€. Personally think this applies to the way we eat. If we go back to scoffing carbs, we will regain the weight.

That’s the problem with ‘diets’, they are seen as temporary, as a way of losing weight and there is the sort of woolly view that surely we must be able to eat ‘normally’ after it’s finished, but I think most of us here, know that this is not the truth. To maintain the loss, we have to eat a modified version of the BSD and keep an eye on things, so we can check any gain and deal with it.

This week I’m disappointed to report a small bounce back, with an increase of 0.8lb on the weekly weigh-in. However, I can’t pretend to be surprised as I was coasting last week, without weighing and measuring what I was consuming and there was a meal out too – including a dessert – with some (only a little) alcohol – a small dry sherry, half a glass of sparkling wine and a small dessert wine (that was the bad one!). So I have to accept and own this blip and knuckle under from today, to aim for a better result next week. Need to make sure to push up my hydration this week too, as that has slipped as well.

Still aiming to lose another 4lb by 11th April.

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

No I didn’t watch it either SunnyB, but I totally agree with what you say about not returning to ‘normal’ eating.

I am afraid I have put on a lb after reaching my target weight last week, but I have not been weighing or measuring either. I blame the Co-op irresistible caramel nuts – note to self DO NOT BUY ANY MORE! However walking the new pooch and doing the housework over the weekend has meant an increase in steps – 16K steps on Sunday, so that must be good. I think I will wait a couple of days before weighing again, and hope for good news.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I’ve got the prog on record, so at least I will be able to whizz through it.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

I agree also about not going back to normal eating. My so called ‘normal eating’ was anything but ‘normal’ so I can never go back to it. I am at the moment in the process of finding out what normal eating really is.

Have noticed something really interesting. Was quite hungry for a few days and ate more calories but kept carbs low. Then for the last three days have just not been hungry so have eaten a lot less calories. So I wonder if this is how naturally slim people stay slim. If you don’t eat the bad white stuff you have a normal appetite and don’t have cravings for the bad stuff – you just eat what your body needs.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Krysia – I’m not totally sure it works that way, about naturally slim people self-monitoring, though I’m sure some do. I think some must just have superfast metabolisms.

My o/h literally NEVER stops eating – he has a cooked breakfast every morning, and always has done (cereal (generally 3 weetabix), sausages, bacon, eggs, plus 3 rounds of toast, one with marmite, one with honey and one with marmalade), then soup and 3 rounds of sandwiches for lunch, then a 3 course dinner every evening (and HUGE portions). Add to that “elevensies” of 4 or 5 digestive biscuits, afternoon tea of 3 or 4 buttered crumpets or similar, a late night snack of more sandwiches, and at least 5 pieces of fruit a day. He also drinks a couple of pints of beer a day, more on Fridays and Saturdays, and generally has half a bottle of wine with dinner. But he still weighs exactly the same as the day I met him – and whilst he keeps himself relatively fit, cycling approx. 60 miles twice a week, the rest of the time he is sedentary and I cannot believe he can possibly burn that amount of calories! But I guess he must!! I do, worry though, that he is a TOFI and that he is not as healthy as he looks. His doctor doesn’t seem worried though.

Having written all that lot down, I’m now thinking that, having lived with and catered for that sort of appetite for nigh on 50 years, it’s surprising I’m not even more overweight than I am!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have to say that even if your OH is still looking trim and fit, that really doesn’t read like a healthy eating plan to me, Theodora. May be he should be checked to see if he is a TOFI.

A big well done on being able to cater to that level and still stick to your BSD eating plan.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Doesn’t to me, either, Sunny, and I’ve spent nigh on 50 years telling him that – doubt he’s going to change now. But he has an annual medical MOT and they say he is as fit as a fiddle!! His BP is good, his cholesterol fine, kidney and liver function good, and not showing any signs of pre-diabetes.

He does always do “Dry January” though, so at least his liver gets one month a year to recover ๐Ÿ˜‰

He is bald though ๐Ÿ™‚ At least I have hair, and plenty of it! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Your comment on his lack of hair made me smile :)). I guess if he has an annual MOT, it doesn’t give you much of a platform to argue from.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Theadora – your o/h must have a stunningly high metabolism. He is eating an almost unbelievable amount of carbs.

I see what you mean when you say that some naturally slim people must have superfast metabolisms.

You are doing really well to stick to the BSD while your o/h eats all that food.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thank you, Krysia – I won’t deny it can be a challenge at times!

As far as the superfast metabolism is concerned, o/h is exactly like his father who was 6’5″ (far less now that he is 93) and has never weighed more than 12st 7lbs (also far less now), despite having the appetite of a horse. My lucky kids (all adults) also seem to have inherited the lean-gene, thank goodness. And fortunately they also seem to have inherited my masses of hair gene ๐Ÿ™‚ Just proves that at least I got some things right ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Hi All, just popping in to say I’m interested in your comments re the Channel 4 super slimmers program. I watched it and got quite disheartened. I wonder how many morbidly obese people will now not bother to even try. Also if these people are still being use for product promotions showing great weight loss it says a lot for the diet industry doesn’t it (nothing we didn’t already know though).

I have been low carb no sugar (and I mean NO sugar or substitute) for 4 years in March losing lost 4st on a Paleo HFLC but when I hit a massive plateaux before reaching my goal weight I took my eye off the ball cals and exercise wise so have gained back 3st. Whilst I know I’m far more healthy for completely ditching the sugar and grains, it just goes to show keeping your weight in check really is a case of always being mindful of what goes in the mouth whatever eating plan you use.

Now that I’ve woken up to that fact and joined you all on BSD I am not expecting it to happen again and this time I’m going to reach that goal weight with all the support flowing around this forum.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi ddraig_goch,
    I thought it was rather negative too, and found myself thinking it would put people off from even trying. It was quite frustrating to watch. One chap lost weight partly through an unsustainable amount of exercise (the reality TV contestant). One woman admitted that the weight went back on at approx. a stone a month – I was thinking “OK, so after a couple of months why didn’t you do something to nip it in the bud.” And another (who sadly divorced after her spectacular losses) let slip that it was her husband who had done the cooking – I assume she had not learned what was good/bad for her. The trouble with TV progs like this is the makers will choose examples that prove their point – OK, there was a bit of balance with examples of people who had kept the weight off, and I dare say there are loads of people who put a bit back on but not too much. Ultimately, we each have to accept responsibility for our health no matter what external influences may be dragging us down – think of it as a public service and take some strain off the NHS. As you say, keep an eye on the ball.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

SunnyB, I must apologise – when I posted about the Channel4 programme I thought I had done it as a new topic – I realise now that I hit reply instead. Didn’t mean to change the subject of your thread! Sorry!
    Rose

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Not a problem Rozy, it’s made for interesting chatter. We can pull it back to topic later, as people start to report on where they are with hitting final target.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just realised that it was exactly a year yesterday, that I started on my BSD journey and thought it was perhaps worth mentioning. Despite being a slow loser, currently I am 1st 10lb less than I weighed this time last year and am hopeful of dropping another 4lb to get to my original target weight – and if at all possible a couple of pounds more as well.

During that year, I have had ups and downs; have had two extended periods of maintenance (both close to three months a piece)whilst we were on long vacations, all the while observing the BSD principles and managing not to gain more than a couple of pounds each time. Have found the BSD fantastically easy to get back to after a break and I think this is one of the reasons I have been able to stick with it. We have another long holiday coming up in April, so I am really trying to get myself to target weight before then.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hello all

Still dwelling in the land of ‘just two pounds to go’. I”ll probably be here for a while – not giving up.

Did watch that super slimmers programme after my boss had talked to me about it – wish I hadn’t. Massively disheartening and made me feel, for a few days, why bother…but yesterday I went shopping for new work trousers as I just look like a clown in all of mine and had (HAD) to buy size 8! So Channel 4 can go take a running jump – that speaks volumes!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Only two pounds to go, TC, that’s brilliant!! And size 8 – you must be doing cartwheels!! I was chuffed with size 10 and I don’t realistically see getting to size 8, but I’m happy with where I am – and on today’s weight, still 5lb to go, so who knows.

I’m glad I didn’t see the channel 4 programme. I believe as long as we all understand that what we have been doing is a change in lifestyle and not a diet, we should all be okay, because we will not be returning to our old ways of eating, so won’t be heaping all those pounds back on. Well done on managing to pull things around TC and sticking with it. Hope to read a report that you have ditched those final two pounds soon.

• posted by topcac
    on

Thanks SunnyB

I think it depends where you buy your clothes to be honest – I can’t even see me in a Size 12 from River Island or Miss Selfridge but Next and M&S are quite generous! I’m still a 10 on top but I think it’s all the swimming and rowing!!

These last two pesky pounds may well be my ultimate nemesis so I’m trying to relax about it, stick to 5:2 and the exercise and just ‘weight’ and see ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck on shifting the final 5!

• posted by Theodora
    on

My goodness, TC – Size 8???!!!!! What an inspiration to us all. Well done you – but please don’t totally fade away, we need you here with your wise words, encouragement, tips and advice.

Well done SunnyB too – I can only dream of being a size 10 (let alone an 8). But, one day I may make it ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The scales fairy was kind today and showed a loss of 1.5lb for the last week. It had been a bit of an up-and-down week on the scales, so in honesty, I was half expecting a much less favourable result for the weekly weigh-in. It’s not a huge loss, but actually pretty good for me, being a slow loser. I’m now 3lb from my goal weight, so within tantalising touching distance – so near I almost daren’t hope it might happen in the next couple of weeks.

Hope to see you all posting positive results soon. Good luck at weigh-in everyone.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hello all,
    How’s everyone doing? Anyone nearer their ultimate target?

After last week’s new low (for this year), I did experience my now traditional upward bounce – OK, I succumbed to the siren call of a coffee & walnut cake. Have to say I enjoyed it, clearly I’ve not lost my liking for sweet things even after all this time! However, the last few days have seen a drop – today I was back down to 10st 2lb exactly. So I am on the upper limit of my “healthy” BMI again.

Progress seems to be painfully slow – only to be expected when the goal is in sight, I suppose. Being positive: it looks like the Christmas excess has finally gone at last. And I don’t remember feeling as ravenous this past week as I have done in previous weeks which is a good sign. Better food choices, slight increase in weather temperature.

In recent days, I have started having an occasional mugful of a coconut milk based drink. If you look under Resources, and go to Michael’s Blog – there is an item about turmeric and there’s a recipe there. It is very similar to a recipe I found from the Coconut Mama website. I morphed the two together to make my own version and I find it a very tasty & comforting evening drink. In spite of the health benefits of coconut milk, I’ve struggled to enjoy coconut milk in recipes so I was glad I tried out this drink.

Hope everyone’s OK.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Rozy – your info about the coconut milk based turmeric drink, spurred me to look that up and I shall definitely be trying this and have found a couple of recipe options online. Shall be on that tonight!

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi everyone. Well done on your weekly loss SunnyB, you continue to make great progress. No loss is a small loss when you can add them together week after week, they soon mount up.

Great work too RozyDozy!

I’ve had another gain this week, 1.75lb. It’s the first time I have had 2 consecutive weeks of a gain, so it’s a little hard to swallow. When I look back over the last 2 weeks, I’ve had too many times where I’ve ‘allowed’ things I shouldn’t perhaps have had. Usually this occurs the day after I’ve had a solid day and seen a significant drop on the scales.

I heard an excellent soundbite on the Vanessa Feltz Radio 2 show this morning regarding the subject of temptation. It’s a daily feature which talks about a subject for 1 week. It’s usually presented by someone religious and although I’m not religious in any way, the subject resonated with me as religion tends to hinge of resisting temptation.

I’m going to plunge myself into this now. I was able to resist temptation so easily in the initial 8 weeks and I know I can do it. Being so close to goal has clouded my vision slightly. With only 5.5lb to go, I just have to dig deep and resist all temptation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to read you news cmawp, but you know you can do this, so don’t dwell on it too long, get back to the BSD 800 proper and report a loss next time round. I know what you mean about the temptation to say, ‘well I had a good result this morning, so I could let myself ease up a bit and have …..’ been there myself a few times and sadly usually had reason to regret it later.

You are really close to the goal, so try to stay focused and – as you said – dig deep and I’m sure you will be able to give us good news next week. Keep on keeping on!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Enjoy the drink, SunnyB – it looks like the kind of thing where you can add spices to suit your tastes & what you’ve got in the cupboard. I added a dash of soya milk to mine.

Hey, cmawp, keep your chin up. I know it’s disheartening when you register a gain. I understand completely about easing up just after you’ve had a good run of losses – that’s what I did towards the end of last year. Yes, I should have kept my foot on the pedal but I didn’t. As Oscar Wilde is supposed to have said “I can resist everything except temptation!” I’m pretty good at resisting stuff in the supermarket when it’s at full price, but I’m a sucker for a reduced price bargain – hence the coffee/walnut cake I mentioned above! Sounds like we both need to develop a more ruthless streak! Anyway, good luck – you will get there.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Couldn’t wait until later. Have made a cup of the turmeric ‘tea’ and it’s yummy! And as you said, Rozy, it’s satisfying too. Actually I made mine with almond milk, as I had that already open, but it is lovely – I’m fond of the flavour of turmeric and am really enjoying this drink. Thanks for the recommendation Rozy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.