Starting the last push to ultimate goal today ….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have in effect, been maintaining since September, as we took a long break in Turkey from Sept to beginning of Nov and then there was the run-up to and the Festive Season. Have been managing to maintain at between 9st 3.5 and 5lb, but now it is time to push for the last final goal. So I am starting the Fast 800 again properly from today, with a start weight of 9st 5lb this morning. I am logging all carbs and cals etc. – the full Fast 800 again. I have until April 9th to shift these last few pounds, to get me down to 8st 10lb, so please wish me luck.

Would love to hear from anyone who is also tackling their last push to achieving their final goal weight. If that’s you, please post so we can support each other to the finish line.

• posted by topcac
    on

GOOD LUCK!!!

I am playing around with maintenance as I only reached goal this weekend (which was 9st 2lbs) – but am thinking a couple of extra pounds might be a good idea for some wriggle room (birthdays, holidays can’t be ar*ed days) and am looking at 8st 10lbs too. Currently 9st dead as of this morning so maintenance hasn’t worked so far!!.

Happy to join you

TC

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey TC – Well done on the 2lb drop whilst on maintenance. Will be good to have someone else on the final push – look forward to reading your posts along the way.

It is my birthday this Friday and we will be dining out, so I’m expecting a blip over the w/e, but I’m determined to keep it as sensible as possible.

Need to increase exercise levels, as this is always something I struggle with and know it’s a serious failing. Think shifting these last few pounds could depend on getting that sorted.

Good luck on hitting your final goal too.

• posted by topcac
    on

Thanks SunnyB – I have a meal out this weekend too so looks like we will both be trying the ‘sensible’ route. I really thought that the last few pounds would be harder to shift but I lost fairly consistently thorough the whole 16 weeks that I was trying to lose. I put on a couple of times but there was always a reason and I firmly believe the reason I’m not there now is Christmas!! With that out of the way I’m sure we will both see further success

Onwards and downwards ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Fifi and Flo
    on

Lots lof luck! You can do it! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hey SunnyB, my birthday is on Friday too!
    Xx lnka13

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I consider this one special, as I was born on a Friday 13th. Hope you have a great birthday on Friday Inka13. xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’m in too. Currently at 11 stone 5 and want to hit 10:7/8 or maybe a couple of pounds lower but have only just restarted after Christmas so am still in the fast loss bit. I have until April 23rd to get there (actual target then is anything under 10:11), but would like to get there faster and then sort maintenance out. On more than 800 though, as my body fat percentage is low enough the keto calculator site gives me dire warnings if I drop so low. Good to see there’s a few of us on the final push.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi all, I’d love to join in with you too. I have 9lb to lose to hit my goal of 12st 8lb which would be a total of 72lb lost. I would like to push on for some wriggle room on top before going in to maintenance.

I’ve just finished my first week of a fast 800 and managed to rein in just over half of my Christmas excesses!

Looking forward to hearing everyones stories over the weeks and months to come.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Wow SunnyB, that’s pretty cool! Hope it’s a really special day for you!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to have you aboard cmawp and Mixnmatch, will be good to have company on this last bit before going into maintenance proper. Found the first day back on the 800 a little taxing, although it was the cals I struggled with not the carbs. Had a few hunger pangs, but nothing major and generally I’m feeling good and I think today should be easier – I hope. Had dropped 0.8lb when I weighed myself this morning, but of course, until the week is done and any loss has been consolidated, I can’t rely on that – going in the right direction though – hopefully!

Good luck everyone and I look forward to reading all lots of positive results soon.

• posted by Cassandra021
    on

I am on the final push too. Weighed in at 11 stone 8 yesterday, want to get to 10 stone 7 by the end of April. I started out at 14 stone 9 during the summer so I know it works and quickly but I still cannot get my head around the fact that I am my new size. The biggest change for me was that I had no interest in anything sweet over the Christmas. There is still a tin of Quality Street on the coffee table, a year ago this would have called my name every time I walked into the room. That said I did overindulge on the cheese and crackers so my big change this week is getting the carbs in order. I have even risked looking at bikinis for my summer holidays, the last time I wore one I was 3, 37 years ago! Best of luck with the final push

• posted by topcac
    on

So I’ve managed to lost the Christmas weight – officially 5.25lbs off in a week – my second biggest loss so pleased with that. Have 4lbs to get to my ultimate goal which may be slightly low but I will see. Back on BSD proper for 5 days a week and a slight increase in calories for 2 at the weekend….reverse 5:2 I guess!!

Have two meals out and a wedding in the next two weeks so it may be hard going but I have the ultimate goal of my own wedding in June so I have to maintain this loss at least!

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Hello everyone, Count me in. I started BSD in October, after my HBA1C went up again and I was threatened with Gliclazide in addition to my metformin, No way! I thought and told the nurse that. I see the nurse again next Wednesday for the new HBA1C results, so counting down!

I am now 9 stone 11lbs, so 1 stone 5lbs down and aiming for 9 1/2 stone goal weight (perhaps a couple of lbs under for wiggle room) I don’t know how others feeling but these remaining few pounds, seem to have morphed in my head into some huge target, so am looking forward to sharing with others and keep myself on the right track with a positive frame of mind.

It took me longer to get back in the post xmas swing than I had anticipated but back to normality now.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see so many people joining up for the final push – welcome on board everyone! Having a support group for these final pounds will be invaluable to me and to others I hope.

Know what you mean about the last bit having somehow morphed into something huge in my head. We all know the BSD works, but I can’t help thinking I’m asking too much to drop another 9lb. Having others in the same phase along for the last push, will definitely help me stick with it and I’m sure we will all get where we want to be, with determination and encouragement.

Like Cassandra, the sweet stuff didn’t tempt me over the festive season, but I too have been eating quite a bit of cheese! Getting that under control again now.

Well done on shifting the Christmas weight Topcac and I’m sure you will be at ideal weight for your big day in June. Good luck for your HBA1C test CleverBlond73.

I’m feeling pretty positive right now, but know there will be tough days when the scales aren’t kind. Right now though, the day is going well and I still have 420 cals left along with 30g plus carbs, although it’s my plan not to use all of those carbs. My weekly weigh in is Monday, but as of today I’m 9st 4.2lb, with 8.2lb to drop.

Good luck everyone. Keep posting !!

• posted by Yumcheese
    on

Can I join too please?
    I did 8 weeks July and August 2016
    Started at 14st 5 3/4
    Got down to 11 st 13
    But ate chocolate drank prosecco etc over Christmas and gained so I also restarted on Monday 9th weighing 12 st 5 3/4
    Tuesday morning 12 st 4 1/4
    Aim is to get to 11 5 3/4 to make a total loss of 3 stone and stay there. Pleased I have you all to help me.

• posted by topcac
    on

Good morning all and welcome to another day on Planet Earth.

I have been looking at mini goals today. These are the slightest reason to celebrate but do keep you motivated. I had them all the way through my weight loss, things like every half stone, stone, 5% or weight loss, getting under the next stone and the non scale victories like an uninterrupted nights sleep (which still evades me!) going down a dress or trouser size etc. It really helped and I wondered if it might help us for that final push. My first one is getting under 9st – and I’m at 9st now so hoping for a result on my next weigh in!!

My first goal was actually 9st 2lbs and I reached it quite easily. I really thought it would be harder, that my body would resist as I had never been able to sustain less than 9st 10 in the past but that didn’t happen. So as a word of encouragement if you stick to the plan you will see results – good luck everyone and have a great day!
    TC

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Yumcheese, more the merrier. We’re all here to support each other in this last dash for glory. You’re already seeing good results again – keep us posted.

Think you are right TC, lets get some mini-goals out there. My first is to get to 9st – as of this morning that is 3lb away. Doesn’t sound like much, but I tend to lose slowly. After that it will be to get under the 9st mark, but one step at a time. I’m going to task myself with working out the 10% of my start weight lost so far, as I think I might be surprised by the result, but maths is not my strong point, so that might take some time.

Let’s stay focused folks and really go for this!

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Sunny B – divide the amount you’ve lost by the original amount and multiply by 100 ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Cassandra021
    on

I am a huge believer in mini goals too, I have been doing the plan with my sister whom I only see every 3 months or so due to distance so we usually set a “10 lbs” before I see you again goal. As of this morning I am 11 stone 7 lbs. Getting into the lower half of the stone is a big goal as I have not been this slim since I got married 15 years ago. The next goal will be seeing 10 stone on the scales. Despite the great success so far, this still seems like a fairy tale

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the formula TC. Using that, I calculate I have so far lost 13% of my starting weight, which seems amazing!

It does all feel like a fairy tale doesn’t it Cassandra? I’m still trying to get used to being able to buy fitted clothes and not baggy cover-ups to hide the multitude of sins. Can’t get used to having a waist again and no muffin tops.

Keep at it everyone!

• posted by topcac
    on

Cassandra – unless you are 10 foot tall, weighing 10st something is not a fairy tale – YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

• posted by Yumcheese
    on

My first mini goal is 11 st 13.
    I was 12 st 3 3/4 this morning…….. But hit that point where hunger has reduced now I’m back on it properly so just need to keep going.
    Come on everyone we can do this as we know it works so well.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Actually got the rowing machine set up in the spare bedroom today and have done two 3 minute sessions – sounds pathetic, but thought I’d build up slowly as I haven’t done any rowing for too long to calculate. Will do more tomorrow.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hello all,
    I’d like to join you if I may – tomorrow (12th) will be my first anniversary of starting the BSD. I rather took my foot off the pedal around Sept/Oct, then Xmas came along, the overindulgence was self-inflicted, I didn’t do quite as much exercise as I had been doing and, surprise, surprise, I’ve put on some weight so I need to get back on track. And now I’ve got a cold – at least that is making me drink more!

At my lowest I managed to get down to 9st 13lb (for one day only but it was the first time I’d been below 10st for several years). My ultimate target (to reach 9.5st) is still to be reached – I need to lose about 12lbs to achieve that.

First mini-target is to get back below 10st 2lb (which will bring me back into the Healthy section of the BMI for my height).
    Then the longer term aim is to make sure I don’t go above that mark again.

Good luck everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey RozyDozy, good to have you on the team. My first anniv of the BSD is about six weeks off and I’m hoping to be a smidge under 9st by then – 4lb to go (that’s 3 to get to 9st and 1 to be below, but I’d accept 0.5 to be below!). If my calculation is right, you haven’t got to shift too much, to get back in your healthy BMI, so very doable. In fact, I don’t reckon it will take you long to get back to the 9st 13lb mark.

Good luck with it and I hope to read some good results from you soon. Oh, and take care of yourself with that cold, but don’t be tempted to ‘feed it’!

on

Hovering to and fro between 9 st 12 and 9 st 13 at the moment. I know I need to get a bit more hardcore if these last few pounds are going to go! Bit of a blip earlier today but had my main meal as a late lunch and have decided to have coffee with cream and see it through until the morning.
    I hope everyone had a good day

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Seen off the Christmas weight now, and back at BMI 25.0 so overweight (just). I have increased my average calories although I will be still including some fast days, as I don’t want to lose muscle and was starting to get concerned I would be at the level I was on. I expect to lose the final weight much slower now, but at only about 8 pounds to go I can take that. Just got to make sure it is still going down. Very nice to see so many of us are so close to our final goal.

• posted by topcac
    on

hi all

SunnyB – went on the rowing machine in the gym for the first time in about 5 years – did 10 minutes – bad move – can not move my arms this morning!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello Everyone
    Started off with a glum moment, when I weighed at half a pound more today than yesterday, but I’m resolved not to let it derail me.

Have already done a short session on the rower this morning and am planning to do at least three more short bursts before the end of the day. Was surprised to find that there are no real aches and pains from the two short sessions yesterday, TC but my arms were tiring quicker this morning.

Well done on seeing off the Christmas weight, Mixnmatch. We all need to tweak the BSD to suit our own bodies. I know if I don’t stick within the calorie allowance the weight loss won’t happen, so I’m sticking with the 800 until I get down to target.

Hope the scales are kind on the next weigh in Cleverblond. That little blip probably won’t have any affect on your results.

Anyway, I am being super strict today, as I have birthday meals coming up this w/e. So, I’m having miso this morning and will try to keep cals well below the 800 today, to give me a bit more scope in the next three days. Wish me luck, as I need to see something positive on the end of week weigh in on Monday morning.

Good luck everyone …. keep going and let us know what progress you are making.

• posted by topcac
    on

Morning all – well had another go at rowing this morning – only 7 minutes this time, teamed with a 20 minute run and 15 minute swim. Shoulders are a bit sore but I’m hoping that the 10 mins in the sauna helped! I do like rowing SunnyB and apparently it’s fantastically good for you so keep up the good work ๐Ÿ™‚

Haven’t weighed in since Monday (TOTM) and I usually would on a Thursday but I am out tomorrow night so I have to weigh in tomorrow morning to keep me on the straight and narrow. It’ll be the longest I’ve gone without weighing on this plan – scary!!

Have a good day – and stay safe and warm in the weather (Northern Hemisphere only I suspect) ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Well done to those getting active this morning! I am home with my little one doing some work whilst she entertains herself with her collection of toys. Not inspired to step outside, I am not a snow fan at all! and being relatively high up, every time there is snow forecast we get dumped on.
    I am stuck at 9st 12 3/4 I am going to call it my Harry Potter weight! I only have myself to blame. Am going to aim for a longer fast today with perhaps an early light dinner. Plenty of fruit tea to keep me warm. Hoping it will help me get serious and kick start this last 1/2 stone.

Have a good day everyone and keep warm, to those enjoying UK wintry weather.
    Hazel

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome to the new week Everyone!

Inka13 – hope you had a great birthday w/e.

Hope anyone weighing in for the week today, has something good to report. I am pleased to say I am registering a small loss for the week – 1.2lb – having survived my birthday w/e, which included some alcohol and inevitably, cake. During the week, the scales best result was 2lb down, but I am happy to accept 1.2lb as the week’s loss, given the uncounted consumption over the w/e.

This week, I’m starting from a position of 3.8lb to go to reaching my first mini goal of hitting 9st flat and with determination to get moving more and to get back to full on counting cals and carbs.

Looking forward to reading everyone else’s positive results soon. Meanwhile, remember we can definitely do this, so stay focused and keep right on going.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi SunnyB, congrats on the continued success!

I weighed in today with a 2lb loss. 6.25lb to go.

I’m feeling very buoyed by the success of last week and feel back in the BSD groove as I did before Christmas. My girlfriend is joining me on the fast 800 today for the first time so there’s a full house of us pushing in the same direction. She’s aiming to do 4 weeks which will be a nice support as I draw closer to target weight.

• posted by Cassandra021
    on

I love the Harry Potter reference Cleverblonde. I managed to make my mini goal and got below 11 stone 7, just by 1 lb but psychologically it was great. Stayed at a friends house on Saturday night and went a little over with the carbs but avoided wine and dessert so I just enjoyed the dinner and chalked it up to experience. Starting back into an exercise regime today. I had surgery before Christmas so really have done very little exercise between the surgery and the illness that preceded it. Just a pilates class today but its a start. Good luck everyone with this week

• posted by Yumcheese
    on

Hi everyone I’m now 12 st 2
    So that 3 and 3/4 off this week.
    Mini goal of 11st 13 so 3lb to go.
    I’m super motivated this week and hunger gone now back to doing it properly. I’d love to see 11st 13 in one weeks time.
    Well done everyone and let’s keep going and do this!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see you’ve both made progress in the right direction Cassandra021 and cmawp. Well done on hitting a mini goal Cassandra! It certainly gives a boost when you hit these little milestones. Good news that you are going to have a BSD companion at home, with your partner getting on board, cmawp.

Think we are all properly refocused post-festive season now and having got my birthday out of the way, I have a clear run for a couple of weeks, when there will be a dinner for our daughter’s birthday. I’m hoping to knock at least a couple more pounds off before then and hopefully keep control when that event happens. I’m trying to increase my activity, both the help burn a few extra calories and to hopefully tone up a bit. Exercise has been my downfall throughout, that and making sure to drink enough, so they are the areas I’m trying to improve on at the moment.

Good luck on keeping the pounds dropping everyone!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi all,
    just checking in – nice to see that people are getting back into the downward trend again.
    This past week has been a bit up and down for me – weighed myself on my birthday and I’d gone up (most annoying). Had a couple of downward days followed by another up, then down, and today an up – only slight amounts but it just seems like some sort of weight loss groundhog day – I seem to be losing the same 2lbs – basically I’m treading water. I’m still suffering the after effects of my cold – the cough seems to have gone but still feeling a bit congested. Low energy levels and lousy weather mean I’ve not managed regular exercise – at least rushing around like a blue-arsed fly at work finally has a good side to it, I can generally get my 10000 steps there!
    Looking in my fridge, & at recipes from the books, I’m just not inspired, no enthusiasm – I am limiting the scoffing so I think I’m in damage limitation mode. However, I have seen SunnyB’s recipe for Almond Crackers on this website – so I’m going to give them a go.
    I missed going swimming last week because I couldn’t face going out in the cold with a cold. But I’m putting in print that I intend to have my first swim of 2017 tomorrow. There, I’ve got to do it now!
    Good luck all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I sympathise with your frustration RozyDozy, its so annoying when the scales go up and down over the same couple of pounds and you feel like you are putting in the effort, for no tangible result. These things are sent to test us, so keep with it and it will come right eventually. Well done on your determination to get back to the swimming, even if you can’t do as much as usual, something is better than nothing.
    If nothing is looking tempting in the fridge or recipes, I’m guessing you’re not really very hungry right now, which could be the boost to losing you need right now. Hope you enjoy the crackers, they are quick and easy to make and you can flavour them in lots of ways. Roll them really thin and you will lower the cal/carb count per cracker, as I calculated mine on the dough making 24 in total.

Hope you will see good results when you next weigh in – good luck.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Thanks SunnyB,
    I lobbed some onion granules into the crackers for a nice savoury taste (better than devouring a bag of crisps), and some weird seeds called Kolonji Black Onion seeds for a bit of visual interest. I do like a savoury cracker. Only did a half quantity – it’s probably best if I don’t make a full amount, I would probably scoff them! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I will get my mojo back in time.
    TTFN,
    Rose

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi SunnyB, had a great birthday weekend. How was your lovely dinner?
    My weight is a little up this week though, no huge surprise there so really knuckling down this week!
    Have a successful week everyone and keep those numbers coming down!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi last pushers, my weigh in was this morning and I have hit a new low, 10 stone 13.2, which is only 1 kg off my final target, although I want to get a few pounds lower than that to give me some wriggle room. I am currently aiming for 10 stone 8 so only 5.2 pounds to go to that. I will increase my calories again slightly this week from 1400 average this week, although keeping the carbs very low for now. I have until April to get this target met and maintenance on an even keel, so plenty of time. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to hear you didn’t see a loss last week Inka, but fingers crossed for this week. I admit, I was surprised to find I had a loss, considering the birthday celebrations. The dinner was lovely thanks – salt and pepper squid in a tempura batter, followed by slow roast belly pork with cabbage braised with bacon and chestnuts. Couldn’t manage dessert, but did have a slice of chocolate torte the following day!

Well done on achieving the new low Mixnmatch and good luck with another loss this week, to get you closer to that final goal.

The cracker flavouring sounds good Rosy. I still have quite a few left from my last batch, but I’m thinking of mixed herbs for the next one – my most recent batch had caraway seeds and some white poppy seeds.

Please keep posting your progress, ideas and encouragement everyone. Good luck for a really successful week.

• posted by topcac
    on

AAARRRGGHH – week one of trying to get the last 4lbs off and I’ve managed to put on 1.25lbs!! I turned the air blue in my bathroom yesterday. I weighed on Saturday and had lost 3/4lb so dipped under 9st and hit an all time low. Was chuffed to bits…But I went out to dinner on Saturday and thought I’d been so sensible, steak, seasonal veg, creamy mushrooms, no dessert and just a small glass of Chilean Merlot (which was fab btw) and a naughty cappucino – logged it all – 1400 cals for the day and 40g carbs – weighed in yesterday (my normal day) and had put 2lbs on!! WHAT THE…….???

Can’t explain it – not going to try – maybe it’s the gym, building muscle, maybe wine doesn’t like me, maybe I didn’t drink enough water on the weekend – it’s certainly a very fine balancing act. Anyway – back on the 800 since Sunday, gym again this morning, run row, swim, sauna ๐Ÿ™‚ – legs feel like lead lol but I WILL give this last few pounds a chance before I admit defeat and stick at 9st as my target….

Lovely to hear all your encouraging news – keep it coming, onwards an downwards
    TC xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey TC, sorry to read about your disappointing weigh-in – can imagine how frustrated you must have been not to see a loss of some kind. Glad that you seem resolved to keep at it though and that your determination has not been dented. Fingers crossed for a good loss next time!

• posted by topcac
    on

Thanks Sunny B – I can only hope that the gym is possibly making me retain more water due to the muscle repair going on in there – drinking for England to counteract that – 2.6 litres so far and counting LOL

BTW your dinner from Saturday sounded amazing – and so did the torte…..

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi all,
    Well, I hav just forced myself to go swimming this afternoon – the thought of going is always worse than the actual swimming. Slogged up and down for 50mins or so – and I feel better than I did before I went. Hopefully I’ve washed away the lethargy – certainly feel peckish right now. Must have burned up a few calories! Maybe now I can get my head round eating properly now.
    Good luck all.

• posted by cmawp
    on

topcac, how rude of your scales to tell you that you’d gained after building you up for a loss!

Keep up with the determination to get there and we’ll done for all of the activity.

If you’re finding you gain again soon, despite activity and following plan, it might be time to try a longer duration and lower intensity activity for a slow burn. Just something to try as an option as it may shock your body into getting rid of some fat cells.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Confessions – have been much too sedentary today and have gone 71cals over the 800. Have been well under on the carbs at 15g, so I’m hoping that will be enough to keep things on track. Will do my best to do better tomorrow!

• posted by Inka13
    on

Topcac, sad to say but I think it’s the wine!! Last week I had five days without any and lost 4 pounds, over the birthday weekend I had some ( ok, quite a lot!) and gained 4 pounds!! I know it will go quite quickly, it can’t be weight per se but even a glass seems to show up hugely in the scales ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Please log in or register to post a reply.