Starting the last push to ultimate goal today ….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Struggling a bit this week. Keeping control of carbs just fine, but have been over the 800cals each day – not by much, less that 100cals extra each day – still it’s frustrating and I’m hoping it won’t come back to kick me, when I do my end of week weigh-in on Monday morning. So far it doesn’t seem to be making any difference and I seem to be losing still – and of course, I have time to reign it in over the next few days.

How is everyone else doing at the moment?

• posted by Cassandra021
    on

I am definitely over the 800 this week too SunnyB. I went back exercising, running at lunchtime (running is a gross exaggeration) and pilates but I weighed myself this morning and I am 3 lbs up since last Sunday. Think I have been overdoing it on the carbs.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Cassandra – sorry to hear you are struggling too. Do you track your carb intake? If not, I would recommend do so. I was advised to do this and it has certainly helped me to get things tracking in the right direction.

Hope you manage to get things sorted and can report a good result when you do your end of week weigh-in, whenever that might be. Good Luck!

• posted by topcac
    on

OK so I gained again today – half a pound more – making 2.5lbs in the last five days. Been on it since Sunday morning so there’s obviously something amiss. Cmawp – I think you might be right – I am working out at cardio or peak for most of my gym session and that’s probably making me retain water – not going to do that kind of workout now until Monday or Tuesday (will go on Saturday but will just swim and will make it a ‘fun’ session instead of my usual) to see if my body dislodges some of that excess weight – I’m sure it’s fluid – it’s gotta be really – nothing else has changed….and I am NOT going to weigh until Monday!

Never had a week like this on this plan – not liking it AT ALL!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Fingers crossed for a whoosh! moment for you soon TC. Think it has to be water related, for you to have gained that amount whilst doing the plan. It must be so frustrating, but I’m pleased that you are managing to stay positive. Really hope that you see a big positive soon.

My daily weight checks are going okay, but I don’t want to speak too soon and am holding on for my end of week weigh-in, before I confirm any loss. I have bought myself a swiss exercise ball and have started to use that, which I am hoping will help with toning and might also help to burn a few calories. Am still rowing a little most days – I confess I’m not managing to increase the duration by much at the moment though, but hopefully it will come.

Keep going everyone and keep posting!

• posted by topcac
    on

Thanks SunnyB – haven’t weighed today – sticking to my plan – have actually reduced my water (was drinking upwards of 3.5 litres daily) to around 2.5 – 3 litres daily and am staying away from the gym until next week to see if it’s that.

Just got to get through a big family wedding on Sunday – but the thought of the reading on the scales first thing Monday should keep me on the straight and narrow!

Have a good weekend all

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope your plan pays off TC. Got on the rower again today and managed a measly kilometre, but I figure every little helps. Think I’ll do a bit on the ball as well, just working on the motivation! Being disciplined about exercise is a real bete noire for me, so I’m quite pleased with myself that I’ve been doing a bit more these last few days and hopefully it will become a habit.

Anyway, have a good weekend and let us know when you have you next weigh-in results – hope they are excellent!

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi everyone, I’m really impressed by your determination to keep the exercise going. It’s something I haven’t started myself and is an area I have to work on.

I’ve had a week of ups and downs on the scales and in general. I ate something around Tuesday that blocked me up, so I gained 3lb over Wednesday and Thursday. I’m feeling better now so will push on through the weekend.

I’ve got dinner with my other half in a new gastro pub on Saturday. Alcohol won’t be an issue as I’m driving but I will definitely go over on calories! I’d be happy to break even this week when I weigh on Monday morning.

I can’t seem to get enough of nuts lately, almonds especially. Plain, roasted or smoked. The book does say not to have salted as they are moreish but this doesn’t seem to matter to my palate as they are moreish when they are plain!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi cmawp – exercise is something I’m only recently trying to get to grips with again. We have a decent rowing machine, which I now have set up in the spare room so there is no excuse for not trotting upstairs and doing a bit. Have also recently bought an exercise ball and have found an exercise routine online, which consists of ten exercises. So my aim is to do either some rowing or ball exercise every day and if I’m feeling particularly keen, some of each.

Hope you enjoy your meal out and fingers crossed that you have an agreeable result on Monday morning. My weight has been up and down over the week, but I’m hopeful of registering a loss on Monday when I too will do my weekly weigh-in. The trend is looking reasonably good so far, just need to ensure I don’t blow it over the w/e.

Was it something you ate that blocked you up, or something you had omitted? I had a similar problem this week, but I realised it was due to forgetting to take my chia seeds with me, when I was away last w/e. They really do help to keep my system running smoothly.

Anyway, here’s to good results all round folks … Looking forward to reading lots of positive posts on Monday.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi SunnyB, the meal was nice thanks. Not too many sins either, the starter had a rye bread and the main had lentils and we skipped dessert. I can forgive the rye bread as it did have nice large grains throughout.

I’m feeling nice and clear today, thanks for the tip on chia seeds, I will give them a go. The thing that blocked me was a protein bar, I should’ve known better as I had issues after eating them years ago. As it was a freebie and only 4g carbs with no sugar, I decided it would probably be ok if I drank lots of water with it. Definitely wasn’t ok! Lesson learned.

With a good day today I should be close to last weeks weigh in, so all is not lost. I’ll report back tomorrow.

All the best for your weekly weigh

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello Everyone
    cmawp – the sounds like you had a good time when you ate out. Bet you’ll be avoiding the protein bars in future. The chia seeds really help me out and I take magnesium tabs for a couple of days if things get a bit bunged up. Good luck with your weigh-in.

My weekly weigh-in was today and I registered a loss of 1.5lb – not huge, but I’m happy with that. As long as it’s going down I’m content. Holding on ’til lunchtime to eat today. I need to be careful as we are eating out with friends on Wednesday, so have to make sure to keep good control through the rest of the week. Plan to do some more exercise this week too – managed to push up my rowing a bit over the w/e, so making some progress on that front.

Looking forward to reading everyone else’s results soon.

• posted by topcac
    on

AAARRGHH – blooming wedding!!! What in God’s name were the bride and groom thinking when they basically covered the entire table top with chocolate coffee beans!!! Don’t they know I love them??!!! No weigh in today – fasting instead – damn you coffee beans….

On the plus side, went for a long leisurely swim on Saturday that I really enjoyed and then lazed in the sauna and hot tub – back to it tomorrow – after weigh in – if I can pluck up the courage!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi all,
    Just checking in – after a couple of downwards weigh-ins (10st 2lb 8oz – the lowest this year so far) I have bounced back upwards again. Disappointing, but this is actually typical of my weight loss during last year – down, then up a bit, then down, then up a bit – eventually I will see a downward trend. It’s clearly going to take me longer to lose this final 1/2stone or so than I thought.
    Problem is mainly feeling cold and tending to graze to create some heat – I blame work (it’s an old building with solid concrete floors – chilblains are in evidence!) But I have upped the exercise in recent days. So roll on the warmer weather when I will feel more like salads!
    Good luck everyone.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi everyone, 1lb gain for me this week. Disappointing but I finished the week on a 3 day downward trend on the scales – so no more protein bars for me!

SunnyB that’s a great loss when you’re so close to goal. It sounds like you’re managing well and planning ahead for those days where you know it’ll be a challenge. Enjoy the meal on Wednesday.

topcac, how could they have laid those tempting chocolate covered coffee beans everywhere!? Let’s hope they are the secret weight loss food that nobody has discovered!

RozyDozy, the odd upward trend is to be expected when you’re closing in on goal. You’re amongst supportive friends here so none of us will judge. Keep up the good work and the results will come. Your work situation sounds challenging, can you wear baselayers that sports people wear? I use them when cycling in cold temperatures and they are so good at keeping you warm. I also wear them on the quiet when I go out on cold days for long periods! Have a look in Sports Direct as you can pick them up relatively cheaply. Make sure it’s a snug fit and if possible go for a long sleeved version, ideally fleece lined or thermal.

• posted by topcac
    on

oh cmawp…if only LOL

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to read of slight increases, but sadly this is all normal – frustrating but normal! During the week, I weighed with a loss of 2.2lb, but this morning when it was my weekly weigh-in, there was only 1.5lb showing as a loss for the last week. That said, I’m seeing this as a positive, as hopefully it bodes well for another loss this week – providing I can keep things under control that is!

Try to stay strong cmawp & RozyDozy, we all know it will come right if you stick with it. Good luck for showing great results next time.

I too have been feeling the cold this last week and not sure what has changed. Have acquired some chunkier slippers and plan to step up the exercise in the hope of getting the blood zipping round a bit better.

Have just got a Nutri Ninja, so am going to start putting together some largely veggie based juices for breakfast and poss lunch this week. Haven’t tried it yet, but hoping it will be a good way to include extra veg in my diet. Will keep you posted and if anyone else is doing anything similar, I’d be interested in hearing.

Keep going everyone …. we’re so close and I know we can get there!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I’m feeling the cold more than usual this winter, which I’m putting down to having less insulation. My choice is always Merino as it’s soft, breathable and light but very warm. Prices can be extortionate but if you go to outlet shops for Outdoor activities you can get some real bargains. I think I paid about ยฃ10 for a long sleeved top.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Thanks, cmawp, for the baselayers/Sports Direct tip & JulesMaigret for your tip. I actually have several Damart thermal vests which are getting much use at the moment! And some thick walking socks, coupled with trainers & boots with thick soles. We eventually warm up, kind of around lunchtime when the sun hits us! The building where I work is rather old & the heating isn’t great – we have more climate zones than the Eden Project! ๐Ÿ™‚ Rumour has it the Powers That Be may spend some dosh on new flooring and possibly more efficient heaters… We shall see.
    Feeling the cold didn’t used to be a problem – I suppose the 2stone of blubber I lost last year did have its uses! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Anyway, I made some courgette & tomato soup (from the Recipes section) today – enough for several helpings.

• posted by topcac
    on

Just thought I’d check in as today’s weigh day saw me drop 3.25lbs since Saturday – I’ve given up trying to understand my body but I am assured that it WASN’T the coffee beans….lol

• posted by Cassandra021
    on

I was 4 lbs up this week, not surprising as I have been over eating and definitely not tracking carbs, 1 lb down today after just one day off the carbs so definitely back on track. Going running at lunchtime today to try and keep my metabolism up, it has come to a halt recently

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow TC, what an excellent result! You must be really happy with that loss – especially since Saturday – how close does that get you to target? The scales were kind to me this morning, but as I only take the end of week weight as that consolidated I’m not banking on it for now. Thanks to my new Nutri-Ninja, so I’m drinking juice today and only eating this evening with OH. Plan to do that most of this week and hoping to show something good next Monday for the end of week weigh-in.

Guess you must feel quite frustrated with that increase Cassandra, but sounds like you are getting to grips with it again with a better reading this morning. Hope you have continued success during the week. Good luck at your next end of week weigh-in.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi SunnyB – I also only record my weight on a Monday so, as I didn’t weigh yesterday, ‘officially’ I am still 5.75lbs from target – however, from today’s reading – only 2.5lbs!!!

That will take me to 8st 10lb. Still haven’t decided if that’s too low (I mean it isn’t officially but I saw my mum at the weekend and she used the word…haggard…nice).

Having said that I really haven’t got used to the maintenance part of this malarkey yet so I may well fluctuate a bit more!

Good luck on your run Cassandra, wrap up warm, it’s freezing (unless you’re in Oz or somewhere South in which case – enjoy the sunshine!) ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey TC, I wonder if ‘haggard’ might be hiding a little envy of your achievement? Anyway, well done on getting to this point – just 2.5lb to go, brilliant! You must feel so good and really proud.

If I’m to believe the scales this morning, I have another 6.5lbs to go to hit target – have decided to aim for 8st 9lb, as that will be a full 2 stone lost. Still hoping to achieve this by early April and doing all I can to get there. If I can push a little below that, it would be good – if I could hit 8st 7lb, I’d be the same weight as I was 20yrs ago when we got married – but not going to think about that until I’ve lost those 6.5lbs. Can re-evaluate then.

Good luck for those 2.5lb – it might be this week!

• posted by Cassandra021
    on

Wonderful to hear you all so close to target. I am still 21lbs off, which will be a total loss of 4.5 stone. I am disappointed that I went off piste but no where near as much as I used to be because I feel with this plan that I have the key and I know how to get there.

I am in Ireland Topcac, so definitely wrapped up warm, I am blessed to work in a very rural area overlooking the sea so no excuse should ever stop me enjoying a run. I second SunnyB’s thoughts on “haggard” although I am still 21lbs off target and 14 off getting into a healthy BMI, so many of my female friends and family tell me that I can’t possibly loose any more. I am doing this with my sister and she is amazing but she get the same feedback all the time from other women. I don’t believe its malicious

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I think maybe people see the change in appearance and it is somehow unsettling, as it disrupts how they have traditionally seen you – does that make sense? They have you pigeon holed with a certain image and suddenly, that is challenged because you are looking very different.

Lovely that you have someone to meet the challenges with Cassandra, does your sister post on the forum as well? You’ve made great headway so far and I’m sure you will manage to get to target. We all go off piste at some point, the secret is getting straight back to it asap. There is something about the BSD that makes that switch back easier – no idea what it is, but I’ve definitely found getting back to it after transgressing, much easier than on any other eating plan I’ve ever been on. Good luck with it Casandra – hope you’ll be posting a really great result at the end of your week.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Cassandra, although not malicious there is also some jealousy involved. It is not the bad type but the one that says ‘why cant I do that’. People dont like to accept their own failings so they find something wrong with what you are doing. They also think you must be somehow different to them, how come you can do it and they cant, so they have to find something wrong with what you are doing. I have a diabetic friend who I tell about the plan and she never changes. Rather than praise me she once told me that it was because I wasn’t really diabetic, not like she is. Of course, I am. It is human nature to judge and compare. You know you have got it right.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Plaudits to topcac for the 3.5lb loss AND discovering the secret weight loss food phenomenon that is chocolate covered coffee beans. Now if you could just release a few specific details so I can do it too… espresso or light roast, dark or milk chocolate? I feel there must be an optimal blend to boost the effect ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sigh

The comment from your mum sounds a bit unfair. It’s the comments like that from those who are closest that can hurt the most. Wish they’d understand that when we all try so hard. I get called saggy bum by my girlfriend, for reasons I won’t explain here! A small giggle on the outside cuts deep on the inside though.

With persistence I believe the comments will reduce for us all. The longer we maintain, the more everyone will adjust to seeing us this way and it will be the new normal. Sadly, they are likely to move on to the next person but we have to protect ourselves.

Cassandra, keep it up. Despite the bump in the road, you’re steadying yourself already. I went backwards 9.5lb at Christmas before going back 7lb to date.

SunnyB, hope the juicing has gone well today. What has been your favourite blend?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have found with the juicing, keeping the carbs down is what really needs to be watched, so I have been very light on fruit. Both drinks had kale, celery and unsweetened almond milk, plus some fibre boost and vanilla protein powder, one had pear and the other apple. Both were okay – drinkable anyway. Getting the consistency right is a bit of an issue, but I’m new to this, so sure it will come. Will be experimenting with various combinations through the week anyway. Good news is so far today I have had 275cals and 10.5carbs and I don’t feel at all hungry.

• posted by topcac
    on

Ah cmawp – they were espresso/ dark choc combo but I think it’s more down to the fact that I was completely wired for about 24 hours afterwards!!

My mum has been overweight her whole life – and has done every diet under the sun – with no success because, as we all know, it just goes back on. She did tell me how proud she was of me later in the evening but I think that was the whisky talking! I’ve tried to talk to her about this plan but she thinks she’s too old for it to work, plus she’s not diabetic so basically thinks she’s OK – I didn’t mention the two new knees that she’s had to have…..

Juicing sounds interesting but I fear that I need to chew my meals lol – I tried a couple of the shakes in the book early on but they rated very poorly on the ‘satisfaction’ scale – but let us know how it goes and whether you hit upon the winning combo – although with kale and celery I’m not convinced LOL

Have a good evening folks

• posted by captainlynne
    on

A few things I’ve learned along the way.

Nobody comments on the weight loss for ages. Then they often think we’re ill. Then the comments really start – usually telling us we’ve lost enough, that we’re looking ill or tired, that we’re too skinny etc, etc. Gradually the comments start to tail off, although a few folk seem to think it’s ok to keep on criticising what we eat/don’t eat.

But slowly they accept the new normal.

For me, I’m starting to accept the new size me as normal. It’s great to meet new people who didn’t know me before BSD and to be accepted by them as I am now – no criticism or snide comments. But I am happy in my skin, regardless of some of the comments.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’ve never had this problem as I’ve never lost a significant amount of weight! But I’ve had two friends who are a bit on the skinny side, that is just their family genetics. My best friend at high school was accused of being anorexic, and an adult friend is sometimes told to put on weight. I don’t know why some people think it’s ok to negativity comment on anything about someone’s looks! I would never tell someone they are too fat or too skinny, or that they need a nose job, or gee have you noticed you have one breast bigger than the other?

I guess the only exception to this is someone really close to you. If your mother has been concerned about your weight for years, or your husband worries about your diabetes, or your best friend thinks you really are losing too much too fast and that is dangerous (as the common thinking is) then they can carefully say something from a place of love. Doesn’t mean we like hearing it though!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Folks – well, had something of an issue yesterday. We ate out with friends last night and although I thought I had eaten prudently and kept things under control, by the time we got home I was in serious discomfort. By my guestimation, I was only 250 to 300cals over the 800 and the carbs were still within my limit and that was with a starter, main and 175ml red wine. I didn’t even finish my main, in fact I brought about half of my main and side home and put it in the freezer for another day. Despite this, I was in considerable digestive distress.

The consequence was that I got very little sleep last night, as I couldn’t actually lay down properly. In the early hours, once I thought there might be a little space in there somewhere, I made a pot of fresh ginger tea to sip. That helped and eventually, I was able to doze off around 5am. However, I have been feeling well below par all day today. I have continued to drink the ginger tea and have blitzed some juice when I have felt hungry. When I weighed this morning, I registered 1.2lb more than yesterday morning, but given what my digestive system was going through, I wasn’t surprised. As I am only on liquids today and plan to keep control over the next few days, I’m hopeful of still seeing a good result on Monday for my end of week weigh-in.

FYI, my favourite smoothie/juice (not sure what it should be called, as its the whole veg/fruit, that blitzed into a drinkable form) is the one I’ve just had – spinach, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla protein powder, a very small amount of banana, a sprig of mint and a very small spoon of spirulina. Strange green colour, but nice and refreshing, with a creaminess too. Have sliced various fruits and frozen them, so that I can just drop a slice or two into the jug as required, when I’m making a juice.

One good thing I have discovered, is that I can now comfortably get into per una size 10 trousers, without any bulges over the top of the waist band! When I was dressing last night, I decided to wear a pair of size 12 Next trousers, which I had been waiting to get into comfortably. I was very disappointed to find they were big on me and looked a bit baggy in places – I wore them anyway, but was a little conscious of the bagginess (even after eating too much!). Well, this spurred me to visit the charity shops today, to try on a size 10 trouser and to my delight, the pair I tried fitted beautifully.

Hope everyone is having a good week and will be posting positive results soon. I am hopeful of having a reasonable result on Monday morning, despite the blip. I will be keeping control of things over the next few day and will let you know my end of week results next week.

• posted by topcac
    on

Oh Sunny B I wonder what caused that? I’m glad you are feeling a bit better – and it sounds like the right move to rest your body for a little while. I haven’t weighed since Tuesday but I think I’m on track – am counting calories and carbs religiously as I am trying to maintain for a couple of weeks before going for another loss. Just have to get a grip on maintaining.

I’m going to try 2 24 hours fasts this weekend. From 8pm tonight until 8pm tomorrow then 11am Sunday to 11am Monday – we”ll see!

Have good weekend all

TC x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey TC – not sure what caused it, other than just eating too much, although it really didn’t seem to be a huge amount. Still, whatever the issue, I suffered for it. Glad to say I feel fine today, having rested the system yesterday and got a really early night – 8pm – last night and had a great night’s sleep. Shall be able to exercise again today and get back on track.

Glad to hear things are going well for you and I hope the scales tell you what you are hoping for at weigh-in. Hope your two day fast brings you the success you are hoping it will. Technically, I suppose I did a fast yesterday, but only saw a 0.2lb dip on the scales this morning, but I’m guessing my system is still adjusting, following the blip on Wednesday night.

Meant to be going out tonight, although to be honest I’m not keen – going to see a band that I’m pretty confident will be way too loud and I have pretty much decided no alcohol, as I had wine on Wednesday, ‘cos I’m aware that alcohol disrupts my weight loss. Other than going out this evening, the w/e is looking quiet and I should hopefully be able to keep good control of the cals/carbs and see something good on the scales Monday morning.

Good luck and have a great w/e.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hello all,
    Just checking in – things seem to have gone a bit better this week – finally ending a week weighing LESS than I did at the beginning. I reached a mini-target (10st 2lb – upper limit of my “Healthy” BMI weight) this week – yes, I’ve had a bit of an upward bounce (practically a tradition now) but since it was only a couple of ounces (equivalent to a 50g ball of knitting yarn) I’m not worrying about it. The body has hopefully decided to join the party again.
    Soup seems to be the main dietary aid at the moment (cup-a-soups for work as well as home-made) – help to keep me warm & they up the fluid intake.
    Next mini-target is to get BELOW 10st 2lb, preferably below 10st. It’s only 2lbs…

Good luck everyone with your continuing efforts.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Congrats on the mini-goal and getting below upper end of BMI range RozyDozy.

I’m optimistic about my weekly weigh in tomorrow, today I weighed in less than my pre-Christmas low and have controlled well today. I had a 3lb whoosh overnight!

Strange how you can spend months within a tight 2lb or 3lb range and then bam! Overnight change. It goes to show how we must persist through those tough times.

Fingers crossed I didn’t experience a scale blip! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yay way to go RozyDozy!!!! Great news! Congratulations on reaching that mini-goal, you must be so happy and justifiably pleased with yourself.

Hope your weigh-in goes well cmawp. That was an impressive whoosh, so should hopefully be good news for you today.

I came in at 1.2lb less than this time last week. My scales have shown a bounce back from the lowest registered weight this week, but this seems to be normal, so I’m not stressing. I am hopeful of hitting my mini-goal at the next weekly weigh-in – just 1.2lb to go now to get to 9st dead. Then I’ll be setting my sights on pushing below that – not decided yet, what to set as the next mini-goal though – prob 8st 11lb.

Think the nutri-ninja breakfasts are helping – the increased fibre certainly seems to be aiding bowel function.

Looking forward to reading everyone else’s results. Good luck for a good week too – keep going everyone, we’ll soon be looking at moving to maintenance!

• posted by cmawp
    on

Well done SunnyB, good to hear that the losses are mounting. Despite the tick up from a lower weight during the week, it sounds like the main trend is in the right direction and that’s the main objective. You’re tantalisingly close to that mini goal.

I showed a 4.2lb loss for the week, so I’m very happy it wasn’t a scale blip yesterday! So pleased and thankful of that whoosh, it has really perked me up. Only 2.9lb to go until I hit my official goal weight.

As I’ve got no nice round stone barriers to break through (12 stone 8lb target), my mini-goal is 0.8lb which would see me achieve a total 70lb loss.

Hope everyone is keeping well, looking forward to hearing from you all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Brilliant news cmawp!!!! That’s a really great loss and so close to that min-goal too – sure that will go this week. In fact, there’s every chance you could be hitting your official goal weight – fingers crossed! I’m hoping to shift that 1.2lb between me and the mini-goal, but I have a dinner out this coming week and there will be a little alcohol, so it might not happen this week.

Good to see that we all seem to be reporting losses and making progress toward our goals. Keep on doing what you’re doing everyone!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi all,
    Thanks for your congrats but I possibly celebrated too soon – suffered an even bigger upward bounce today. If I’m honest, it was self-inflicted – been feeling a bit out of kilter recently (probably stress from work) so I took solace in eating yesterday. But I have just made some coconut flatbreads and just taken delivery of a 2kg bag of chia seeds – that should keep me going (in more ways than one) for a while! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Glad to see that others are heading downwards.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t panic Rozy, I’m sure you will see that blip resolved quickly and you’ll be back on track again. Hope the week goes well for you and you’ll be posting great results at the next main weigh-in.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Thanks, SunnyB! Not in panic mode – after all, I still weigh more than 2stone less than I did a year ago (so something’s gone right). My self-imposed target of 9.5stone was chosen since it would mean a loss of exactly 3stone and place me well inside the Healthy part of the BMI for my height. Going under 10st 2lb is good, going under 10st is better. Being 9.5stone again would be amazing after all these years but it is just a number – the important thing for me is being in the “Healthy” sector and staying there. Just want to make sure I have a bit of wriggle room. I expected the last few pounds to be more difficult to shift – let’s face it, I’ve been carrying them around for too long, they’ve got a good grip! It’s clear to me that I need to keep an eye on things and not let things slide like I did towards the end of 2016. Roll on the warmer weather when salads will seem much more appealing.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hello all – my extremely challenging target came a pound closer today – just 1.5 pounds to go. That will make me 8st 10lbs – lighter than I’ve been since I started weighing myself in 1857 (well that’s what it feels like lol).I was made up when I jumped on the scales and, as it’s a Monday, that’s ‘official’ for the next week. So what did I do – ate 6 chocolates!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!

Back on it – draw a line – throw away the rest of the very expensive chocolates that I should never have opened……

• posted by topcac
    on

Make that 11 chocolates before I finally managed to dispose of the rest…..

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yay well done TC!! Glad to hear the chocs have gone, even if you did end up eating a few more before ditching them. Here’s to achieving that 1.5lb loss this week – hope you have a good week and can report in at target next Monday – good luck!!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi topcac,
    Nice to know I’m not the only one who follows a success with a bit of a pigout! I can resist things in their packets but as soon as I open the packet I feel the urge to eat the evidence. I must have controlled that urge for most of last year to have lost as much as I did.
    Never fear, You are not alone. We will regain control.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Made it at the last gasp on my two year anniversary weigh in. 10 stone 11.4 pounds is 8 stone off, I have matched the weight I was when I married in April 1992. Happy dancing…..๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Forget the dancing, Mixnmatch, this must be cartwheel time surely!!! I’m so thrilled for you! You must be really proud of yourself and rightly so – what a fabulous achievement. I’m sure you’ll be floating on cloud nine for the rest of the day.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Well done to you Mixnmatch -You must feel so proud. To get back to your wedding day weight is a great achievement and you should celebrate in style.
    X B

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Nice one MnM,

Truly inspiring and a tribute to hard work and dedication.

Please log in or register to post a reply.