Starting the last push to ultimate goal today ….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi everyone, hope you’re all well.

Just wanted to say thank you for your support. It has really helped me and I’m having a good week. I haven’t succumbed to temptation and resolutely intend to continue right through to our weekly update on Monday.

Love that Oscar Wilde quote, so deep, so simple and full of humour.

No Friday night treats, no weekend pleasures.

This. Is. It.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad you’re feeling more positive and in control again, cmawp. Had a bit of a blip on the scales today, with an increase of 0.5lb, but I’m hoping it is just one of those small anomalies and it will have righted itself by the time I get to weekly weigh-in on Monday.

Keep with it and I’m looking forward to reading your positive results soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It had been an up and down week, so I was dubious about getting on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh-in. However, I needn’t have worried …… 1.5lb down! Woo Hoo!! That brings me to within 1.5lb of my original target weight, so now the possibility of getting there before 11 April is very, very do-able and in fact, I might be able to get to my ultimate weight, which would require me to shift two extra pounds – 3.5lb in total.

Paradoxically it seems the more I lose, the easier it is to lose more. May be it’s an adjustment in my metabolism? Whatever the reason I’m grateful for it, as actually getting to goal weight is coming to fruition and it’s a surprise to me that I will really be able to get to my ultimate weight.

Hope everyone else has a positive result on their weekly weigh-in and that the coming week is a good one for all. Looking forward to reading everyone’s posts. Good luck all!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Well done, SunnyB – inching ever closer. Fingers crossed you make it soon.

My week was not so bad, to start with – no losses but I was consistently between 10st 2lb and 10st 3lb, and then I registered one day at 10st 1lb 8oz (only the second time this year I’ve gone below 10st 2lb). But since then I have gone up again – today I was 10st 3lb again. But I was getting a bit constipated in spite of the chia seeds & yogurt with healthy gut bacteria – I’ve since managed to lighten the load, if you get my drift!! So maybe the downward weigh-ins will resume again now. When I look at my Excel chart there is a downward trend overall so there is hope, it’s just that the drops are quite miniscule.

One thing I have noticed, if I have a good weigh-in (i.e. a good drop), quite often the same day (or within 24hrs) I can get a headache – if it’s one that develops a vice-like grip on my head then it’s like the “Eat Now!” switch is stuck to On inside my brain. That happened yesterday, probably explains the touch of constipation (with more going in than coming out ๐Ÿ™‚ ). I upped my liquid intake to keep hydrated and get things moving. Sometimes I feel that my body is fighting back, that it doesn’t want to go below 10st.

Anyway, I’m walking up to the allotment now – repositioning some strawberry plants should burn off a few calories. Then it will be a large bowl of leek & red pepper soup for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good week.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve had a good week with some huge swings in weight. I’ve ended up losing 3.5lb so I’m very happy with that. I registered a new lowest BSD weight on Friday, just ยฝlb from ultimate goal – tantalisingly close! Currently I’m 2lb from ultimate goal. I’ll push the same mentality into next week and who knows…

Great going SunnyB, you’re racking up the losses so consistently that it’s only a matter of time before ultimate goal happens for you.

Rozy, it’s good to hear your overall trend is in the direction you want to go. Take strength from that victory on the scales during the week.

Onwards and downwards everyone. Best of luck for the week ahead.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Goodness me, you lot are doing well – keep it up, you can all do it.

Just to enlighten me, although I am nowhere near yet, how close does one need to get to consider it a “last push to ultimate goat”? Half a stone? 3lbs? Just looking forward to the time I can join you on my “last push” – though at the moment I keep moving the goal posts!! Started out wanting to lose 28lbs, then as that got closer, 32lbs, then 39lbs – who knows may even go for 42lbs and make it 3st (though o/h tells me I will be far too thin then)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to read how everyone is doing. Don’t get down hearted Rozy, it will come right. Hydration continues to be an issue for me as well – in fact reading your post reminded me to go and drink something! Great loss cmawp and so close to hitting that target I’m sure you will be there – and probably more – when you do your next weekly weigh-in.

Theodora, when I started the ‘last push’ thread in January, I had 10lb to go, but I felt like with focus, I could shift that relatively easily. I’m a slow loser though, so here I am starting week 9 since the restart and still needing to shift 1.5lb to get to that original goal. Others have joined the thread with less to lose and I’m sure there are some who might have had more the 10lb to go. I guess it depends on what you are aiming to lose and how you feel about the progress you have made. In your case, it sounds like you need to decide what your actual goal weight is! Once you have that, you will know how close you are and if you want to join us on ‘the last push’ – you’ll be really welcome. Like you once I get to goal weight, my plan is to push for two extra pounds and I’m sure most of us have a similar plan, to give them a bit of a buffer if nothing else.

Just chucking in an incidental here. Was at the fish counter this morning, getting some trout for dinner and noticed they had some small squid, so I thought I would get a couple to have for lunch. Which I did and they were lovely, but on checking the nutritional value I found the 100g of raw squid comes out at 3.1g carbs, which was much higher than I had assumed. Not a disaster, as I have been okay on carbs elsewhere today and know what I’ll be having later, which will keep me within my normal parameters, but worth remembering.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, SunnyB.

I have made my decision that my goal is to lose 32lbs – once achieved, I may go for lower but, right now, that is all pie in the sky. If I quote 32lbs weight loss, that will push me below the next stone down, give me a lower weight than I have had since my daughter got married over 20 years ago, and that I am comfortable with, and a BMI of just over 23.

I have lost 23lbs in 7 weeks of BSD800, which leaves 9lbs to go. Yaaayyyyy, I’m starting my last push ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for having me ๐Ÿ™‚

BTW, very odd about the squid – I thought all “flesh” was really low or zero carb! Just goes to show……………
    As it happens, squid is the one seafood that I really, really hate – oh, no, hate oysters too – so it won’t affect me. But thanks for the info.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome along for the final push Theodora – great results so far, so I’m sure you’ll be at target in no time. At the rate you have been losing, it shouldn’t take you too long to get there and then you can decide if you want to push on a bit further. Keep us posted on progress and I’ll look forward to reading your results soon.

Like you, I kind of assumed that all ‘flesh’ was zero carbs ( or close to) but it seems that’s not the case. Strangely, oysters are 2.1g carbs for a medium size oyster. Snails also have carbs, but not as much and scallops and mussels are higher than I thought as well, so it seems shell fish are something to watch. All of these are favourites of mine, so a bit of a blow! Not that I have any of them often, so I guess forewarned is forearmed and I can factor in the carbs when I choose them.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi Theodora, welcome to the last push!

My motivation for joining was when the bigger 2lb+ weekly losses reduced in frequency and I was around BMI 28. Most importantly, it felt right to go for it.

I also really appreciated other like minded BSD’ers who were going through similar experiences. For me, my outer-forum support group aren’t really interested in this last push. After losing 70lb, they are of the ‘you’re skinny enough already’ persuasion. Which is exactly not what I need right now.

Losing these last few lbs is the hardest and I’ve found I need to be at my strongest because little setbacks take longer to recover from than they did in the earlier weeks.

Although we’re all pretty close to goal, I intend to stick around for a few extra lbs of wriggle room after. Mostly because we won’t all cross the line together but also; this is such a great topic set up by SunnyB that I’d like it to continue.

• posted by cmawp
    on

I also wasn’t aware of the carb content in molluscs and squid. I’m assuming the same for octopus…

Im off to Portugal in June to show off the new BSD body so I expect to make my way through a lot of seafood and salads. Will bear this nugget of information in mind.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Another reason for me sticking around post-goal is that I’m still not sure what maintenance looks like for me.

A little trial and error I expect. Maybe it’s another topic entirely but in the early weeks, I feel a need for a little group of Hardcore supporters who can be there to share experiences or just be there for each other.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Theodora,
    SunnyB’s right – decide on your target. Aim high – 3 stone was what I set when I started just over a year ago. I got to 2.5st lost last year – but I took my foot off the pedal and then came the Xmas over-indulgence… Joining this thread was my way of kickstarting things again. I was a slow loser compared to others last year and it seems even slower this year but when you are near your target I expect that’s normal.
    Like cmawp says, it’s good to have a small group who are at a similar stage, experiencing the same problems – we can help each other through.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I think in the early days of maintenance, it makes sense to stick together, cmawp; to keep reading the posts and offer each other support, as the early days are going to bring yet another unknown our way. Captainlynn has a maintenance thread running, but she achieved goal weight sometime ago, so it could be worth us just continuing on here for a while and then maybe at some point starting our own maintenance group. Need to get there first though!

Those sneaky carbs crop up in all sorts of places and the seafood thing is a real surprise – cooked octopus is 164cals and 4.4g carbs per 100g, which is higher than I would have expected. But if you are eating salad and a small portion of seafood as the protein element, it should be okay. You’ll be in maintenance way before June, cmawp, so you should have a good handle on things by then and be able to ease up while you are away, without any damage.

Keep going – hope to see you over the line next week.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi all,
    Just a quick mid-week check-in – my recent upward bounce has gone quite quickly. Today I dipped below 10st2lb for only the third time this year – 10st 1lb 4oz to be precise, matching my best of the year so far. Since I’ve still got 2 days to work this week, I’m hoping that will improve by the time I post next week.
    Hope everyone else is seeing loss.
    Take care all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That’s good news RozyDozy, you must be really chuffed with that result. I’m hoping that by Monday, my bounce back will have been seen off and I can again report a loss too, but I’m not being complacent about it. Everyday when I step on the scales, I almost hold my breathe in fear of an increase!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Thanks, SunnyB. Chuffed indeed. Even more chuffed this morning when I came in at 10st 0lb 8oz – most unexpected! One more pound and I will match my lowest weight of 2016. I’m not expecting things to be any easier but I feel I’ve taken a step forward.
    Have a great weekend – positive vibes for the next weigh-in!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Well, hello again, after the near euphoria of my last post (above) I’ve weighed in today nearly 2lb extra! Yesterday I had my now customary splitting headache – brought on by a busy Saturday at work, not drinking enough – in spite of drinking plenty yesterday, I still felt the need to eat, eat, eat. HOWEVER, before that I did experience 4 consecutive days below 10st 2lb, i.e. in my Healthy BMI – this is progress. The last time I managed that was early December last year. When I look at my Excel chart, I can see the upward blips are not quite as high as earlier in the year, and a bit further apart – slow progress, but progress all the same. So, being positive, I’m hoping this latest blip will disappear sooner rather than later and the downward journey will continue (if by a circuitous route).

I found myself thinking about this time last year – I had lost a few pounds but still had plenty to go. I think I felt better then than I do these days. The regular headaches (and general naffness) I used to experience pre-BSD seem to be returning even though I weigh a lot less. I’m sure some of it is work-related stress & also dehydration – I can do something about the latter, if not the former.

Anyway, it’s looking like a much better day than yesterday, my head is feeling a bit clearer – I feel a trip to the allotment coming on to burn off some calories.

Hope everyone else is making progress.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi RozyDozy, firstly well done for registering that new low mid-week and also for showing a 4 day continuation below 10st 2lb. That was something you might not have imagined a few months back so you’re definitely progressing well.

It’s tough to see the scales bounce back after feeling such euphoria but we have to be realistic that we’ll see this happen when closing in on ultimate goal. You’re doing the right thing by stepping back and looking at your data with a wider view. As much as a weekly weigh in puts a stake in the ground, we will still see variance, it just can’t be helped.

Hope you find a solution for your splitting headaches soon. You’re probably on the right tracks with regards to hydration and work related stress.

My week has been the worst since starting BSD (Christmas week aside). A 3lb gain after last weeks 3.5lb loss. This is on my 6 month anniversary of starting too! I had hoped for better and I am disappointed but I know where I went wrong – too many simple carbs on Thursday and Friday which have caused me to retain water and also blocked me up.

I’m a fast loser, having lost 67lb in 26 weeks. The downside to being a fast loser is you’re also a fast gainer by default, if you get things wrong.

I feel that with a good week this week or next week, I just might break through the barrier of <80Kg. It sounds like a tall order to lose 5lb in that time in order to do this but it is realistic for me.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else this week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I really feel for you Rozy. It’s so frustrating to have to report an increase, without there being a solid reason for it. Sounds like hydration is an issue for you – it certainly is for me! May be you can try to do a little meditation, to try to help offset the work related stress – even a few minutes a day can help. Perhaps a few minutes before you get out of bed in the morning, if no other opportunity is likely to present itself.

I too have to report an increase – 1.4lb on last Monday’s result. This is galling, as although it had been an up and down week, with daily weight fluctuating, I had made an special effort to really keep tight control over the last few days, but to no avail. I admit the cals and carbs have been a bit erratic – calories daily averaged was 847 over the week and carbs had been as high as 41g, but as low as 14g, with most days around the 20g mark. Haven’t had any big splurges and only one small whisky (15ml) during the week. However, I am being dogged by constipation again and yes, hydration has continued to be an issue. I am trying to be mindful of this and be sure to drink more, but still struggling. Think I need to really focus on sorting this out.

Would love to have a visit from the whoosh! fairy, but as she hasn’t honoured me before, I know this is unlikely. I still have four weeks to my deadline to get to my goal weight, before we go on holiday – I need to drop 3lb in that time and hopefully this will happen. I’m trying to be positive, but it’s all feeling a bit gloomy at the moment. It will pass I’m sure.

Hope others will be able to report much more positive results – looking forward to reading those soon. Good luck with your weigh-in everyone.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hang in there SunnyB, don’t take this bump in the road too hard, you’ll recover from it. There’s plenty of time for you to hit goal.

Constipation is an issue when on the 800. I assume that’s why Michael Mosley recommends the HIIT, to help things move along, amongst other reasons.

I have found that a few very strong morning black coffees followed by 2 pints of water gets things moving most times that I try it. Although if you don’t like water or coffee then I guess this would be like torture!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks cmawp. Think my problem is having hit this bump after a couple of weeks with really good results – that and there not really being anything to pin the gain on; no meals out, or a few glass of wine, or giving into a gooey dessert. Just feels a bit unjust that there should be such a jump over night. Anyway, it is what it is and I have to really knuckle under and see what can be done during this week.

I’m making a concerted effort with the fluids from today. Pretty sure it is the hydration that’s causing the constipation issue for me, as I’m struggling to identify anything else that might have changed. Not keen on coffee and definitely can’t drink caffeinated coffee, but I will up my fluids from today and hope that things will be moving again in a couple of days.

Stay positive everyone – we know we can do this!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi SunnyB & cmawp,
    Thanks for your kind words of support. Sorry to hear that you’ve both had struggles this past week.

I know I’ve just got to keep plugging away at this weight loss game ๐Ÿ™‚ It was so much easier years ago – drop a stone in a month, job done, those were the days! It is more difficult as you get older. This is a long-term thing – I can’t complain when I know that I lost 2 & 1/2 stone last year and have managed to keep most of it off. I’m still aiming to reach 9.5stone – I chose that as it was a weight that I had been for a good while several years ago & it is exactly 3st less than my start weight. When I used the NHS BMI calculator it tells me that the Healthy range for someone of my height (5′ 3″) is anywhere between 7st6lb and 10st 2lb – so my target of 9.5st is actually towards the upper end of the range so I feel it is achievable. Certainly not aiming for the lower end of the range!

Anyway, keep at it, our bodies will co-operate at some point!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m convinced that it’s getting back to basics that will help get us there. I have definitely been a little too complacent recently, especially in letting hydration slip, so I am really concentrating on getting that sorted as well as being certain to record absolutely everything consumed. We all have to ultimate goal within touching distance and I’m sure if we really dig deep, we can get there.

Good luck everyone – especially those who have struggled with achieving losses recently!

• posted by cmawp
    on

SunnyB, your idea of getting back to basics is exactly where I need to be.

I have had the most horrific week and the scales are also telling me the raw truth. I put on 9lb last week, this is in addition to last weeks 3lb gain.

I haven’t been planning out my whole weeks meals, this is something I did rigidly in the first 20 weeks so I must return to it, I need that stability to help me prepare and stay on track for full weeks at a time, not 5 days here and 3 days there.

I expect a lot of the gain to go over the next 3-4 days as it’ll be my body swelling with water due to insulin release.

Happy Spring equinox, hope you’re all well.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to read your woes cmawp, I empathise with your frustration. Getting back to basics has certainly helped me to get things moving in the right direction again. I hope you will be seeing a good chunk of those extra pounds disappearing quickly over this week. I’m sure once you have refocused and got back to basics, things will come right for you.

My week has been successful with a loss of 2.4lb at my weekly weigh-in this morning, bring me to within just 0.6lb of my original target weight. A little frustrating not to be able to report hitting target, especially as I have been a smidge below it once during the week, but I’m happy to take the 2.4lb at this point. I am pretty sure this has been aided by my conscious effort to keep well hydrated – that and keeping better control of the cals and carbs – so it’s my intention to do the same again this week. Hopefully at the next week weigh-in, I’ll be reporting decisively breaking through my target weight.

Hope to be reading some positive results from others and wish you all well for a great week.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oh dear, cmawp, I do feel for you, what a disappointing week you have had. It doesn’t get any easier, but stick with it, drink lots and lots of water and I’m sure those extra few pounds will be flushed away in no time.

SunnyB, well done on your 2.4lb loss. I can understand your frustration that it wasn’t the full 3lbs but, frankly, at this stage of the game, any loss is good, and 2.4lbs is excellent.

I’m pleased to report a loss of 3lbs last week, which is the biggest loss I’ve recorded in weeks, so I’m well chuffed with that. It means that I am now only 1.5lbs short of my original target weight, and only 5.5lbs short of my revised target (revised because it will take me under the next stone down and now seems doable ๐Ÿ™‚ )

I’m sure drinking water holds the key. Fortunately, I have always drunk a lot of water so have always been well-hydrated, so haven’t found that side of it difficult at all. But even so, my body water percentage has gone up by 4%, in almost direct correlation of my body fat percentage going down by 5%. ๐Ÿ™‚ Got to be good news, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

So keep drinking the water, guys. When that goal is so close, it seems to take soooo long. But we’ll get there ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great result there, Theodora! That revised target is very doable now, so push on – onward and downward.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Well done SunnyB and Theodora on your fantastic results this week. 2.4lb and 3lb are big losses when you’re so close to goal. Keep up the great work both of you, you’re showing how to get things finished. I can really appreciate the steps you’re taking at this stage.

Your kind words towards my plight were gratefully received. I’ve taken action and made sure to drink lots of water and have stayed below 800 with tomorrow’s breakfast and lunch in the fridge ready to take to work. Skinny chilli for dinner.

I pledge to post a few extra updates through this week as your support really lifts me and I’d like to make you as proud of me as I am of you and your achievements.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi all,

Hang on in there, cmawp! Regroup & come out fighting.
    Well done, SunnyB & Theodora, great steps in the right direction.

I’ve had a so-so week. After my one day of overeating madness last week, it took 4 days to shift the excess. Then there was another slight blip upwards, but this morning I was back just below 10st 2lb and nearly back at my recent “low”. Very definitely 2 steps forward, 1 step back but at least things are inching, if at a snail’s pace, in the right direction.

Not sure I believe in the “whoosh” concept. For me, at least, for every lurch downwards there seems to be an equal lurch upwards! Maybe the whoosh fairy has an evil twin, a whoosh gremlin. ๐Ÿ™‚

However, I have made more of an effort with hydration. Still felt a bit naff on Saturday but this had cleared up by Sunday. Bit annoyed that I’ve not got in my usual exercise these past couple of days but the weather has been less than clement. I’ll keep plugging away, planning my meals.

Good luck everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you have a good plan for this week, cmawp. Please do keep us posted through the week and we will do our best to spur you on. I think at this stage of the process, we are all in need of bolstering to help get us across the line. My OH told me this morning, that he had been bosting of my achievement so far to a friend of his – that certainly gave me a boost.

I know what you mean about the two forward one back, Rozy. I weigh daily as it helps to keep me focused on the task at hand, but my weight also seems to wax and wane throughout the week, which is why I only report on my weekly weigh-in on Mondays. Overall, the trend is downward and as long as that continues and eventually gets me to goal weight, I’m content. Glad that your additional attention to hydration is paying off. I’m sure that this is what has helped me this week – that and better control generally.

Good luck to us all for this coming week and hopefully we will all be reporting positive results at the end of this week.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Thanks RozyDozy, SunnyB and Theodora, I’m so pleased I have you to turn to when I’m struggling.

Well, you helped me button up and face the week head-on. After my good day yesterday of 800 cal and plenty of water, I lost 4.5lb of that 9lb gain. I’ve had another good day and stuck rigidly to plan so may even see off most of that gain from last week. Once I’ve done that, I’ll chip away at the 3lb gain from the week before. I’ll post another update on Thursday to keep myself accountable but you’ve all really helped me keep it together, thanks so much.

RozyDozy, you’re doing great and you made me chuckle with your whoosh gremlin analogy. You will get there. I intend to grab hold of my whoosh gremlin and tell them where they can whoosh off to. Just after I’ve given the carb monster a piece of my mind.

• posted by Theodora
    on

No problem cmawp – that’s what we’re all here for ๐Ÿ˜€ Really good to hear you are back on track and those regained pesky pounds are falling away again. ๐Ÿ˜… Go girl – you can do it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good news on shifting some of those additional pounds already, cmawp. Have no doubt that you will see off more by the end of the week. Just remember, back to basics, keep the hydration up and you will be reporting some good things I’m sure.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I had a similar experience with the whoosh gremlin. I got back from holiday really smug at having eaten what I liked for a week and still lost a pound, so decided to keep eating what I liked and weigh weekly and see what happened, a kind of experiment with relaxed maintenance, and a holiday from logging calories. I felt really heavy and bloated after just over a week so weighed myself early and was horrified to find I was 11 pounds up after just over a week. I was over my ‘trigger’ weight so did an immediate fast day, and then another couple of low calorie low carb days and four days later 10 1/2 of the pounds have gone again just like that. Now I need to work out if I have some sort of intolerance to something I ate over that week to cause such a huge water retention issue.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Great to hear that you’ve lost 50% of your 9lb gain already, cmawp. Maybe it was just a glitch in the system.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi everyone, thanks for the kind words and nice to hear of your own experience Mixnmatch.

A quick update for today, I’m down 9.5lb since Monday so I’m making good progress, having cleared last weeks gain and already taking a chunk out of the week before. I’ll update again on Monday as usual for our weekly check in.

I’m at a friend’s house on Saturday night so as they may have prepared a slightly non-bsd dinner, I will do a 16 hour fast prior to going. Other than that it will be fizzy water and I’ll take my own almonds to have as a snack.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow, wow, wow, cmawp!! That is a great result since Monday! I’m sure you will be reporting a fantastic result next Monday, even with the eating out on Saturday. We have family here all weekend and there might be a take away tomorrow night, but I am hoping to manage to keep control and report in at goal weight (at long last) on Monday, but I’m counting no chickens here!

• posted by cmawp
    on

Thanks for the praise SunnyB, I can’t take the credit for actual fat loss but it’s nice to know that I can lose a week’s worth of excess and a bit more, in a few days. I’ve never been able to do that before. The skills I’ve picked up on this journey are proving very useful.

Here’s to you being able to weigh in below goal on Monday.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It’s always worth remembering that to put a pound of fat on or to burn it the magic number is 3,500. Eat more than you should by that number and one pound of fat goes on, eat less than you burn by that amount and weight comes off. Even with a week of hugely excessive calories you’d be hard pressed to do too much damage. Mindfulness is the trick to keeping it to a week, the weeks, and months, we have spent doing this, and the things we have learnt about what eating incorrectly long term does to us have left us in a super strong position.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for that Mixnmatch, that info really gives some perspective. You are right about being in a stronger position going forward, being with this way of eating for so long gives us an excellent foundation for a healthier future and the tools to remain in control.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi everyone, my total loss for the week was 8lb. This puts me just under 6lb from target.

The meal at friends was lovely, they had been so thoughtful of my needs and had prepared an amazing mezze spread so that I could assemble my own BSD friendly plate. I didn’t consume alcohol, the only off-plan indulgences were a lemon tart and a definite overage on calories for the day!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wow, cmawp, that is a fantastic loss in one week, particularly when pushing towards target. Well done you – please could you send the Whoosh Fairy in my direction?

Before I went away last Tuesday on our gourmet break (o/h’s treat to me for doing so well!!!) I was only 4.5lbs from target. Sadly, I am now 5.5lbs away!!! ๐Ÿ™ I had thought that a few days being ultra-strict when I came home (last Thursday night) would shift that rogue pound, but it seems to be a stubborn one, because it is still there!!! ๐Ÿ™ And, I know it is only one pound, so it must be psychological, but I FEEL fatter!! ๐Ÿ™

Good luck to all Final Pushers. Onwards and, hopefully, downwards.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Great stuff, cmawp! You must be so pleased.

Never mind, Theodora, those last pounds are always the trickiest to shift and the odd rogue one always manages to slip through the net. You will triumph. Hope you enjoyed the gourmet break.

I’m happy to say that last week was a pretty good one, having lost 1.25lb – I’ve been in the Healthy zone of the BMI for 9 consecutive days now – this is where I was 5-6 months ago. Currently I’m 10st 0lb 4oz (and have been for the last 3 days) – I’m not worried about the non-movement since this is the lowest weight I’ve been so far this year. I’m not taking any bets as to what I might be tomorrow morning – a lurch downwards would be welcome but, dear reader, you know my history, there’s bound to be an upward lurch at some point to rain on my parade!

Still frustratingly close to breaking through the 10st barrier and matching my low of last year (only 12oz to go for that) – at the moment I’m still losing what I lost last year. I need to maintain the focus to get below 10st in order enter the uncharted territory where my Holy Grail lies…

Good luck everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow, wow, wow, cmawp!!! You must be full of beans having seen that result today. It’s a fantastic loss at this point in proceedings and you should be justifiably pleased with yourself.

It’s frustrating, but it is only a pound, Theodora and it will almost certainly be dealt with this week, plus a bit more to go with it. Don’t be disheartened, it will right itself soon.

1.25lb is a good result at this point, Rozy and you will be reporting getting below that 10st mark next week for sure. Can understand your frustration at being so close and yet it feeling so far to go. Stick with it, ‘cos you know it works and I’m confident you will be reporting good things next time.

I’m reporting in with a loss of 1.8lb for this week, seeing me break through my original goal of 8st 9lb and bring me to within 0.8lb of my ultimate goal of 8st 7lb – my weight when I was married twenty years ago. I am hopeful of getting to that goal in the next two weeks, before we go off to Turkey for two months again. Really happy to have reached this point and am sure that it has been getting back to basics and really concentrating on ensuring good hydration, has been key in making such a good loss for the week. This was despite a buffet meal on Saturday and a glass of wine and not actually doing any counting that day at all.

Hoping to read some more good results today and wish everyone yet to weigh-in good luck. Good luck also to everyone for a good week and great results to be reported next time round. Stay focused, stay on track and smash the week everyone!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Well done, SunnyB! Just a hair’s breadth to go before ultimate glory!!!!!!!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks for your encouragement, Rozy, and well done on your loss this week, and staying in the healthy BMI zone.

Thanks to you too, SunnyB, and well done on getting so close to your goal of your wedding weight – that is amazing. What an achievement. ๐Ÿ™‚ Couldn’t (and in fact, wouldn’t want to) hope to get back to my wedding weight, as it was only 7st and I was sooo skinny back then. Even my 16 year old granddaughter, who doesn’t carry an ounce of extra flesh, can’t fit into my wedding dress!!!

Happily I can report a loss of 0.75lbs today, not much I know, but at least heading in the right direction, but still 0.25 lbs more than this time last week ๐Ÿ™ But only 4.75lbs to go to target. Slowly, slowly catchee monkee, as they say (though I wish it could be faster! ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks Theodora. It all feels a bit unreal to be honest and I have to keep reminding myself I don’t need to wear baggy shapeless clothes anymore. Well done on your loss and that additional 0.25lb will soon be done with as well. Stick with it and you’ll soon be reporting getting to target – it’s getting ever closer.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks SunnyB – and as you say, my target is getting ever closer. Although I think I may decide to push it further away and go for another half stone, to give me some wriggle room.

I know what you mean about baggy shapeless clothes and, in fact I treated myself to several new items yesterday as my clothes are falling off me, a few in size 12 , but most in size 10 and all in really fitted styles. We’re going to a concert this evening, so I can show some of them off! Feeling good. ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you are too! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

WooHoo – pleased to report that goal is definitely getting closer now – a whole 1lb dropped overnight so only 3.75lbs to go to reach my revised target weight – and I have gone below my original target! Feeling good ๐Ÿ™‚

Do hope all the rest of you ultimate goal pushers are dong ok?

Please log in or register to post a reply.