Starting BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Having read a fabulous blog about restarting in April I nearly replied to that but decided to start up a new thread for those, like me, who have just started the BSD/plan to start in May. I have been procrastinating about this for weeks now but decided to take the bull by the horns and make a start. Rather than waiting for an ideal 8-week slot in my calendar where this can go uninterrupted, I have decided to fit my life around the BSD for a few weeks.
    I am on Day 4 – the first 2 days were very easy (I followed 5:2 last year and lost 12kg) but yesterday and today have been more of a challenge. I am trying to get fit and do quite a bit of sport – I am a member of a triathlon club and plan to complete the Midlands Series of Sprint triathlons in 2017 – I did the first one on Sunday at Southwell – just to be clear I look NOTHING like a triathlete – I have at least 20kg to lose and have spent 30-years yo-yo-ing. The 5:2 has really opened my eyes but I wanted a boost and I think BSD is the way forward, especially as I have got into bad habits again on my non fast days.
    I have been on the waggon all year (so far) and plan to carry on for the time being at least. I know 800 calories is not an awful lot, especially when training; but I’m sure it can be done if planned well – I have to make these 800 calories count – no room for crap.
    I’m not really sure how a forum works and whether anyone will even read this drivel, but I think this helps make me accountable – I look forward to hearing how others are getting on and any tips for keeping on the straight and narrow.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi sarahb372
    Don’t worry, it’s not drivel and we do read it! Welcome!
    Drink at least 2-3 litres if water a day, preferably more if you’re training a lot.
    Keep up your salt, magnesium and potassium intake.
    Don’t be afraid of fat, you need fat to go into ketosis to burn fat.
    You won’t get good results initially whilst your body is switching from burning sugar to burning fat, so don’t be too impatient for instant results.
    Google Prof Tim Noakes in Sth Africa for some great info on low carb and training. He’s the expert.
    Good luck
    Linda

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Thanks Linda – I think you’re right about keeping hydrated, it’s much harder when it’s cold so I’m hoping that spring returns soon! Thank you for the details about Prof Noakes. There is so much conflicting advice about nutrition because it’s either for training or weight loss but rarely how to balance both. As a 30-year dieter I am terrified of fat! Eating the stuff goes against everything I’ve learned – reading the 5:2 & BSD books are re-educating me slowly!
    Ready for day 5…..

• posted by Little_Em
    on

I’ve just bought the book and have spent the last few days reading it. Struggling to see where I’ll ever get an 8 week window that will fit this in but think, like you, I’m better just taking the bull by the horns and going for it. Otherwise I’ll put it off forever. I’ve a family celebration in 6 weeks so I’m hoping I’ll see significant changes by then. Not buying a dress just yet …
    good luck with your training. That’s really impressive. Glad so far the plan is going ok for you. You sound really motivated which is inspiring me to just get on with it!!! X

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Well it all went horribly wrong over the weekend – I was going to hide and not write anything but I’ve given myself a good talking too and got back on the waggon today. I don’t know what happened – I don’t think I drank enough and after a bike ride on Friday afternoon, I felt sick, shaky and generally awful. I am going to try some meal supplements this week as it is so hard to get a balanced diet from food in 800 calories – I am afraid the recipes in the book don’t appeal (apart from the eggs and yogurt ones). I am also making a massive effort to drink more water.
    I’m very disappointed with myself but I am also not throwing in the towel – I have learned some valuable lessons about fueling, hydration and exercise – sometimes you have to get it wrong to find the right path and I am prepared to find a way to make this work.

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hey Sarah don’t knock yourself too much – most important is that you are still here and believe me when I say lots of us have been there. I’ve just started my 11th week and the first few weekends were an absolute disaster. Mon to Fri was fine as I was in routine but weekends were not – not enough water, social events with lots of temptations but I always got back on the Monday and after a couple weekends you start to get into a routine also.(Although – even now -my weekends aren’t as ‘good’ as I’d like them to be). You might be like me where the first two weeks I felt absolutely horrible to the point where I was taking pain killers to get through the day – very tired -but please persevere – it does get better and you will feel so much better for it. I found reading the threads a great motivator as I could see that others were going through similar situation. Best of luck.

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Thank you luckylinda – by still being on here I feel that I am winning my inner battle of ‘continue V give up & hide’. I will check in regularly – the accountability helps – and it’s great connecting with people who understand what I am trying to achieve and what I am going through. Keep up the good work – week 11 – Wow!

• posted by Merry90
    on

Hi Sarah,

I’m so pleased you started this thread – I had a read through of some and was tempted to start one myself until I stumbled across yours. I started on BSD last week – I was really good, tracked my calories religiously and exercised 4 times in the week (usually around 20 mins HIIT sprints and then 30 mins of various weights or other exercises). One night I did feel pretty horrendous and then when I weighed myself for the first time and had only lost a pound I was a bit dis-heartened.
    I told myself I wouldn’t be quite so strict at the weekend and I certainly wasn’t – I have completely over indulged and am very annoyed at myself. I attempted at making myself feel a little less guilty and hit then gym last night and am back on track today. I’m definitely feeling a lot hungrier today than I was at the end of last week but that’s my own fault really.

It’s great to know other people are starting out too. I go in holiday in 6 and a half weeks and would love to feel more comfortable when I hit the beach than I have the last few years.

I’m looking forward to seeing your progress on here ๐Ÿ™‚

Charlotte

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Thanks for writing Charlotte – we all need to try and be kinder to ourselves and at least we know we are not on our own. I think we may need to accept that the first couple of week is going be tough but it will be worth it. Please comment whenever you need to – we can keep each other going x
    Sarah x

• posted by Bathonian
    on

Day 1 I’m hungry but not terribly so, it’s quite a difficult day to start because it’s not a busy day. I skipped breakfast but have had tea and coffee, lunch was a lovely salad and I’ve planned to have frittata for tea. A colleague has lost really well on this diet so I was inspired to give it a try too. I’m unable to walk far at the moment because I have very painful knees I’m really hoping for some reduction in the pain I feel. Also my cholesterol is high and statins have been suggested if I don’t lose weight. Lots of reasons to get back in control.

• posted by Merry90
    on

Good luck Bathonian! I have been having the no carb bircher for my breakfast – it’s really easy to make and I’ve found it really tasty! I hope the fritatta works out okay- I’m going to try the broccoli, bacon and mushroom stir fry.

Maybe you could do some swimming as that won’t put too much pressure on your knees. I did see a post in a different forum about exercises which do not put too much pressure on your knees that might be helpful for you?

Charlotte

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Good luck with it Barthonian, we are in this together. I’d be interested to know how people get on with the recipes.

• posted by Bathonian
    on

Swimming was suggested but I’m embarrassed by my size everything goes hand in hand, it spirals down, I’m hoping a good weight loss will encourage me to get into the pool. I’m envious of the activities you can do Sarah, I use to do boot camp exercises last year that’s just not possible now. I’m really hoping weight loss will help me move more.

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Please don’t be embarrassed- everyone starts somewhere and swimming is an excellent way to get into activity without pressure on the jointd. Find out which are the quieter sessions at your local pool if that helps? Walking is good too and you can build up really slowly.
    Good luck x

• posted by Merry90
    on

I agree- don’t feel embarrassed! I’m dragging a friend to aqua aerobics tonight and I’m not a pretty sight in a swimming costume (Yet..obviously)!

I also found this which might be of use because you can do it in your own home ๐Ÿ™‚
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/workout-for-bad-knees

In terms of recipes Sarah, I have tried a few so far and may favourites are the beetroot falafels, lamb and aubergine, harissa salad and a courgette and goats cheese bake.

Let me know if you find any good ones.

• posted by Bathonian
    on

Thank you all for the encouragement, I feel that there self help actions I can take to improve my knee pain. How wonderful to be slim and pain free, I’m excited!!!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I started out with resistance band exercises. At over 300 pounds, my knees were in terrible shape. Resistance bands give you all the advantages of weight lifting without running the risk of jerking or dropping a barbell. The movements are smooth, always well within your control and because the bands are used in physical therapy, they are made for people who need to avoid putting undue strain on muscles and joints. You can even do them sitting down on a chair or stability ball. There are tons of exercises available on the manufacturers’ websites and on YouTube.

I use handle bands: https://bodylastics.com/resistance-bands-exercises/

Here’s an example of a chair workout using those kinds of bands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPJKAG0mknI

• posted by Bathonian
    on

Ok day 1 I’ve not managed 800 cal it was just short of 1000 Cal that’s way down on my usual, I avoided carbohydrates all day. I’ll try again tomorrow ๐Ÿ™
    I’ll look at all the exercise suggestions how good would it be to be able to pain free thank you all!!

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Thanks Merry90 I might give a couple of those recipes a try.
    Be positive about Day 1 Bathonian – like you say, that’s a lot less than you are used to so a real step in the right direction. Esnecca’s suggestion of resistance bands is great – I use some for swim training (pool side) and you can work up a sweat but without any impact.
    I felt ok yesterday and drank LOTS. I managed a 1 hour club swim (front crawl – 70 lengths) and an hour of yoga – I didn’t feel hungry although I am rather tired this morning – I am making a real effort to keep sipping water (&/or fruit tea) all day to keep hydrated.
    I have bought some meal replacement bars and shakes to help but plan to have a ‘proper’ meal at least once a day as well.
    Good luck everyone x

• posted by Bathonian
    on

Evening meal prepared cottage pie without the potatoes and loads of vegetables. It smells delicious. OHs and sons version in the oven, I don’t feel I’m missing out just adapting our usual food.

• posted by sarahb372
    on

I settled for poached egg on toast for supper post 5km run. I’m not hungry but I feel tired and achy.
    I’m continuing to drink plenty of water which is helping. I’m apprehensive as I know it will get harder before it gets easier.
    Fingers crossed for the next couple of days- good luck everyone x

• posted by Merry90
    on

I’ve got the skinny aubergine lasagne in the oven and cannot wait! Getting very hungry now. I have been drinking lots of water too :).

• posted by maidyju
    on

Hope no one minds me saying hi and joining in! I’m on day 1. It wasn’t too bad at all. I just ate a LOAD of veg. My calorie count was 864, but managed just 43g of carbs, 37g of fat and 82g of protein (I’m a pescatarian – veggie who eats fish) in 3 meals. I think my days at work will be the hard ones (I’m a nurse), but I’m bringing in a packed lunch (and some extra veg/nuts to snack on if I need to). Hope everyone is doing ok ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SaraP
    on

Can I join this thread too please? On day 2. Yesterday was ok and I was really pleased to actually like the cauliflower rice I made. I think the trick for me will be being organised so I don’t just reach for toast. I had scrambled eggs for breakfast yesterday and didn’t feel hungry til lunchtime which was fab. I then had a lentil salad which was a bit boring and thai veggie curry for dinner which was pretty good. I only had yoghurt and cherries for breakfast this morning though and I’m already hungry and it’s only mid morning (not in the UK). I’ll have to fill up on water. I’m excited to have started – I want to lose 20kg in total and hopefully 10kg by the end of June as I’ve got a party to go to! Hope today goes well for everyone!

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi SaraP,

Welcome. I’d like to join too. I did the fast 800 ending in late March. Since then have been following BSD and the 5/2. I have been losing steadily but want to speed it up so will be doing the fast 800 again. Bit of company along the way will be great. Sounds like you are off to a good start. I am diabetic with much improved numbers but have a little way to go yet. Hopefully the next 8 weeks will bring the results I need.

• posted by Jules58
    on

Hi there can I join in too? I’m starting BSD on Monday ! I’ve spent the week reading the books and writing a shopping list so I can be prepared ! I’ve recently joined a gym and started a programme for the first time in 10 years so I’m a little worried about coping on 800 calories and the question of will the muscle mass I’m gaining will off set the weight loss if that makes sense ? I’m so conditioned to weighing myself and being rewarded by seeing a weight loss that I have struggled with eating carefully and exercising and only losing 1lb in 6 weeks so here I go ! Any advice welcomed !

• posted by Merry90
    on

The more merrier ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m a nurse too maidyju and it is definitely preparing everything that makes it easier. I’m finding between breakfast and lunch then after dinner the hardest time (especially after dinner as there is still lots of food in the house). Jules58 have you thought about measuring yourself instead? I have really upped my exercise in conjunction with starting this and didn’t want to rely on just scales. I’m hoping seeing a decline in the measurements might have more of an impact on me :).
    Sarah P, I’m also a fan of the cauliflower rice – I think I’m going to make the chicken and pea pilaf tonight :). Bigeater I would love to lose around the same before the end of June too as that is when I go on holiday :).

I hope you all have a good day :).

Charlotte

• posted by bigeater
    on

hi merry90 Are you on your second round of the fast800?
    cheers bigeater

• posted by joancarver
    on

Hi all,
    I’d like to join too. please. Reading on the forum helps with motivation so I hope joining will help with the willpower. I have never really been on a diet before…simply because I can’t make it past 10 am without cheating! Seriously. I’ve read that most people fall off the wagon within a week. I can’t even make it to half a day! I started the BSD yesterday, cheated pretty early in the morning and then decided that since I’d cheated, I may as well get it all in before starting again….so I ate 4 chocolate bars in a row. Pathetic! Part of the reason I haven’t stuck to a diet is that I’m not hugely overweight and the pounds have just crept up slowly after having each of my children, so I kept thinking and rationalising, ‘it’s not that bad, I don’t really need to do anything about it, I must have a high metabolism’. But now the weight is enough that my face looks different, I can’t find any clothes (even simple t-shirts) that look good, I’m reluctant to share holiday snaps and I just don’t feel good about myself. And it’s also the health factor – heart disease runs on both sides of my family so I’m high risk. I feel lucky that it is heart disease (as opposed to, say, cancer) that is my genetic Achilles heel, since there are modifiable risk factors…but I’m so angry at myself for squandering this opportunity for the past few years. I can’t even blame it on my family: my husband never snacks and wears the same size he did in uni and my kids have a very healthy diet – when I asked my 6-year old son if I could have some of his Easter egg, he said ‘sure but you’ll have to wait until after dinner’ (the kids only have sugar on the weekends and only after dinner).
    My 2 major problems:
    1. Snacking. Constantly – a handful of nuts here and there, a biscuit as I’m passing the kitchen and especially after dinner. I’m not hungry at all. It’s just that my tongue is bored…it wants to taste something nice.
    2. If I cheat, even ever so slightly, I decide that the day is a write-off and then I devour EVERYTHING in the cupboard. Even if it’s healthy, the portions are out of control.
    Enough is enough. This time, and I’m hoping with your help, it IS going to be different.
    Starting weight: 150lbs/68.1kg
    BMI: 27.5

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Hello everyone – welcome to this thread – it’s so nice to have so many people to talk/discuss with. How was the skinny aubergine casserole Charlotte? I am also trying to balance exercise/training with this Jules58 and it’s a steep learning curve! I really struggled last week and learned (the hard way) that I wasn’t drinking enough water. I’m a slave to the scales too but taking some measurements on Sunday and repeating that every week may give you the boost if the scales are stubborn for a while. We sound like we have similar goals SaraP and Bigeater!
    I’m finding that the water is definitely helping this week – I am sleeping better already and managing to stay on track. I got to day 5 last week and it all fell apart but now that I’m back on it (day 3) I feel a mix of confidence (from the lessons learned last week) and anticipation. I have a spinning class this evening so I am having to think about how to fuel – although I usually enjoy breakfast, I am finding that I am not hungry first thing and just drinking plenty. I’ve got a chicken noodle salad for lunch and will have a protein bar about 90 minutes before the class. I will have a recovery shake afterwards to put back carbs/protein & a banana.
    I’m still allowing a few calories for skimmed milk (tea) at the moment but trying to wean myself off – however, I do get cold and this helps, especially in the evening, before bed.
    Have a great day everyone
    Sarah x

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Hi Joancarver – I think we we were writing at the same time! I think writing in this thread adds some accountability which I know really helps me. You seem to have the plan – and we’re all here to support each other. It may be worth trying some mindfulness to help distract you, so if you do have a blip you can stop it in its tracks. Or just have a really good rant on here! – Best of luck

• posted by Jules58
    on

Yes I am measuring myself and the first month was good but not so much since ! It’s sad how depend the on the scales I am , I’ve had to hide them or I would be on them all the time but I’m going to be a grown up this time and weigh and measure once a week ! I have to change the way I regard food I know that but also recognise I need?want rapid results ,I have no patience at all !!

• posted by Merry90
    on

This is my first go bigeater – my dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (diet controlled) around a year ago and therefore my parents started this diet, with good results. I then got interested :).

Like you Joancarver I have slowly allowed myself to gain weight by rationalising with myself all the time. I have previously lost half a stone every now and then, using slimming world but I haven’t been able to maintain. Mainly because I love cheese! So the fact I can eat fats is making this much easier.

Sarah the aubergine lasange looked nice at first (cooked for half an hour under some tinfoil) but after putting some cheese on and cooking for a further 10 minutes, the sauce became a bit watery – it still tasted nice but wasn’t as good as some of the other recipes I have tried and I’m not entirely sure what went wrong to correct next time. Never mind..I’ve still got left overs for lunch today!

I never tell anyone what I weigh but I thought I would follow suit with Joan and post it on here to make myself stick to this a bit better.
    81.2kg when last weighed on 02/05/17. I don’t think BMIs tell you awful lot if I am honest but mine is 30 something.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi SarahB

Just reading your post and hope you dont mind me putting my big nose in. Noodles prob not a good idea on this way of eating, same with banana. Skim milk is also high in carbs. Obviously, the choices are yours though sugary and carby food dont really help you lose fat on a low carb way of eating. A little bit of fat here and there helps you lose weight and also fills you up. Some butter, olive oil, full fat milk amd yoghurt etc

Anyway wish you all the best on your journey and look forward to your updates. Now if only my excess weight would disappear. lol

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Thanks BigEater (I did wonder if my mention of the banana might cause a stir)!! I am having to balance this diet with enough carbs to train but I am also looking into which fats to eat – after 30 years of “dieting” it’s hard to believe that you can eat fat! This is certainly an education!

Sarah x

• posted by Bathonian
    on

So good to have a group going through the same experience.
    Day 3 it’s 17:10 and I have used up my allowance for the day it’s going to be a long evening, and I have dinner to cook for the family ๐Ÿ˜•. I tried having breakfast this morning and have totally miscalculated. It’s so good to hear how you are all doing I don’t feel so alone and when I slip up I’m not so hard on myself.
    Good luck

• posted by Bathonian
    on

Joancarver I totally get what you say I give up if I go a little wrong but this time I’m determined to give this a chance and commit to it for a month. I have real health issues to motivate me.
    Every moment is a new start!!!

• posted by joancarver
    on

Thanks for your replies.
    Made it through today (phew).

SarahB/Bigeater – I was wondering about the noodles and banana. Did you hear how the zoo in Devon banned bananas for their monkeys because they are too sugary? ๐Ÿ˜‰

A couple of strategies I applied today (no idea if they’ll work yet, but I’ll share anyway):

1. I am going to focus on 800 calories without worrying too much about carbs. I’d love to cut the carbs too but if having a small bit of toast with my egg stops me from inhaling 4 chocolates bars an hour later, it’s worth it. I figure I’ll teach myself some discipline, then introduce more limitations.
    2. As I mentioned before, even when I’m not hungry, my tongue gets bored (I can imagine all the potential jokes here!) and I’ve built up a terrible habit of giving in to it. I like Jimmys Iced Coffee. In 100mls, it has 43 calories and 6.4g of carbs. So I measured out 100mls into a glass this morning and kept it in the fridge. Whenever my tongue wanted to taste something, I had a sip. It leaves quite an aftertaste so 1 sip lasts a good half hour and the glass lasted well past lunch time. Another option is to brush my teeth whenever I get a craving but as of yet, I’d be brushing my gums right off if I did that!
    3. I have this tendency to want to “save” some calorie allowance so that I can have a snack or bigger meal later. But I now realize this is sabotage. It’s precisely the failure to eat sufficient calories that leads to (usually a cheat-type) snack or meal later. So I now plan to try to maximize my calorie allowance with as much volume as possible, at each meal (for example, 200 cal at breakfast, 250 at lunch, 350 at dinner). As long as I prepare a meal that has the full calorie allowance, I can then split it up and save some for later….at which point, it will feel like it’s a ‘free’ meal since I’ve already counted it in my daily allowance.
    4. Have you noticed I like numbered lists?

Bathonian – I feel your pain! Maybe keep something no/low calorie at hand all evening? I have 20 cal miso soup packets and the saltiness is very satisfying. Or else just endless cups of black tea.

• posted by sarahb372
    on

I promise not to make a habit of bananas (far too controversial) but it helped me get through my spin class and I have ended the day on track (800 calories) & feeling OK.
    Water is definitely the key
    I like lists too Joancarver!

• posted by maidyju
    on

I’m sure I posted a reply earlier!! Thanks Merry90 ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m v glad to be here – I think this will be a great place for accountability and to get support (and support others!). Like you, I have found the time between breakfast and lunch quite tough (possibly because I had breakfast at 6am!). I may try and risk taking a breakfast in with me, and then I won’t feel so hungry during the morning. Insane really, as it’s such a busy time on the ward!
    So, today is Day 2: I’m 0.2kg down from yesterday and I’ve managed to stay within my calorie allowance (well, 800kcal) today, but am way under on protein. Carb count is still down (yay!). That was amazing seeing as people were trying to palm off chocolates, crisps and biscuits on us (I refused them all – luckily, I don’t have a sweet tooth!).
    Half tempted to trial a protein shake (I use a vegan one with soya milk – I can’t drink cows milk) in the morning and then again at lunchtime tomorrow (to see how I get along with it – I can sip it on the go). Then I can have something more substantial at supper time. How do you guys do things when at work? Goes without saying that bringing food in is my best bet (although I can buy lots of veg/salad from work canteen if need be). Good luck all!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Merry90
    on

Joancarver, it sounds like you’ve worked out something works for you which is great. We all have our own little habbits.

Maidyju…i have hot water and lemon when I wake up in the morning and then the blueberry and green tea shake or the no carb bircher, which is working out well.

I’ve somehow managed to eat just under 800 calories today, 778 and I’ve had a good gym session too :). I’m going to measure myself at the weekend and see how I am getting on :).

• posted by bigeater
    on

ha ha ha the controversial banana! It helps to keep up your salt intake too! Have fun sarahb372

Bigeater

• posted by bigeater
    on

i havent used cronometer for a long time. i filled in the days meals and realised i was under in many nutrients, particularly vitamin c and calcium. have just bought some multivitamins to rectify the problem. i do recall michael mosley recommended this if creating our own 800 calorie menus. anyway can’t do any harm!

• posted by Merry90
    on

Bigeater, I was thinking of starting to take some multivitamins too.
    I have had another good day food wise and fitted in the gym plus 15,000 steps so feeling pretty good. I’m a bit nervous about the weekend though as this is when I usually go off the rails!
    I hope everyone else is doing well ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I used one every other day, as per MM advice in the book. Seemed to keep cronometer happy and in the Green, I haven’t bothered since starting to eat more normally now I am maintaining and it is far more hit and miss on how green it looks ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by sarahb372
    on

Today has been OK and I have felt alert rather than this time last week when I was feeling sick & drowsy. I have a longish bike ride tomorrow so will have to balance my fuel intake. I’ll probably have run out of calories by midday – if so, there might be a grumpy post tomorrow evening ๐Ÿ˜€
    I’m intrigued about what a chronometer is/does mixnmatch?
    I take an iron supplement (when I remember) but not looked at vitamins – I’m interested in what you all think/do.
    Nighty night x

• posted by Bathonian
    on

Happy happy!!
    So yesterday was the first time I managed 800 calories (day 4) the others have been 1000 ish. I was proud.
    Weighed this morning I’ve lost 6.5 lbs (2.9 kg) so far amazing!!!! Also I just thought I’d see if the tape measure might show anything not expecting it to though, I’d lost 6 cms off my waist (if you’d call it that more like round the belly button ha ha!)
    I’m thrilled it certainly encourages me to stick with it over the weekend which is difficult when the family can eat anything and not get fat. I will be so tempted so I thought I’d make ‘Tasty chicken and veg ‘ from the website so I have something special too.
    Good luck for the weekend!

• posted by SaraP
    on

Starting day 5. Very excited to have lost 2.5 kg so far even if most of it is water! Your waist measurement loss is fab Bathonian – I’ve not measured mine as I couldn’t find the tape measure. You’ve inspired me to have another hunt around.
    Did OK yesterday as I had a good dinner of a beef stir fry with yet more cauli rice. Will try to break away from cauli tonight as my spiraliser has just arrived…..
    Anyone else with vaguely crampy legs? I guess I need a bit more salt.
    Have a good weekend everybody

• posted by Bathonian
    on

SaraP you’re at a very similar place to me I bet you’ve lost round your waist too. I’d be interested to hear how you get on with the spiralizer, a colleague who is on week 9 (amazing shape change) uses his a lot and is thinking of buying one that can spiralize carrots and butternut squash, I grate everything at the moment.
    How are people measuring nutrients? I’ve never heard of a chronometer, I better google it.
    Breakfast time for me bacon mushrooms and tomato, well it is the weekend!

Please log in or register to post a reply.