Remember, remember, low carbs for November: 4 week challenge ending 28 November.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Topcac- sorry to see that you’re so fed up with your weight gain. It is hard to stay positive and upbeat when the scales are on the up. I wonder whether a lot of us are getting tired of keeping on. It’s not so easy for some of us to keep plodding. I know there have been times when I’ve wanted to say enough is enough. It is a hard battle but the alternative is harder once you know you can do it- just think back to how fantastic you felt at 8.11!!! I can’t imagine ever getting into the 8’s again! Be kind to yourself. You’ve proved it can be done. Take time to have a think about going forward. I’ve said this a lot recently but there is no rush to get to goal weight. If you need a little break, have one and when you feel stronger get right back to it and you will soon be seeing the scales heading in the right direction. Take small steps.

Cathy

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, I have given myself a good talking to. My hubby has been worried about his blood tests and I have been telling him not to worry about what has not happened yet and here I am getting worked up about something that happened years ago. My hub has seen the doctor and it is a worry as his triglycerides are a little high but combined with his fasting blood sugars are also up but not high – it is the two together that rings alarm bells. Fortunately, the doctor has sent him away saying he should know what to do because of me and retest in 3 months. Although he doesn’t eat so many white carbs at our main meal I think he is kidding himself as he has toast and marmalade for breakfast, sandwich and soup for lunch with a sweet yoghurt, cakes twice a week and croissants at the weekend. He has switched to porridge in the morning.

Started week 2 on the Mindfulness course which I couldn’t face for a couple of days. This week is about self compassion which I really need. They talk about someone called Kristin Neff who has lots of UTube talks on the subject. I particularly like the phrase ‘you are the master of your own ship’. I have to put what happened back in its box as I cannot change it or improve it or prevent it. It is gone.

Thank you all for your support.

Topcac, I know where you are coming from. I am in the same boat (now master of it) and it is not easy to pull out of the mindset. With your job, just remember the words ‘not yet’. You will eventually be able to move on to better things, just not yet. Self loathing is not allowed in this world, we have to love ourselves for the wonderful people we are. Talk gently to yourself, just as you would to a friend. Hark at me preaching but empathy for others can help us care more about ourselves too. Take care.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Firstly, big hug to you Topcac, it must be hard to see the numbers continually climbing back up and very disheartening, given that you had done so well. I agree with CC that finding the resolve to ‘keep on keeping’ on can be really tough and that you need to be kind to yourself, so take this w/e and then look to get back to it, even if it’s only in a small way. Even if you are only able to side line some of the non-BSD indulgences, it would be a start.

It’s tough being unhappy at work and it’s evidently undermining your efforts in other areas. May be after this w/e, just take it slowly to try to re-establish you BSD eating pattern. I have confidence you will find your way back and start to see the numbers on the scales drop again. Meanwhile, keep posting and we’ll keep doing what we can to support you.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

The news has been just awful, I too have found the current status of it all very disheartening and I understand how it can trigger memories that bring us down if we have any past history with those issues.
    Combined with the holidays and the worries about North Korea and all the turmoil politically, both in the US and in the UK, the endless news-cycles of negative/negative, it is just too much.
    As we move into the holidays, I’m just wishing everyone a calm and quiet few weeks, with joy and happy family and friend connections, however it best suits you.
    Sunshinegirl, I hope your low point is passed and you are feeling better — you’ve been such a valued contributor here, thank you for all your replies and comments this year. I know a lot of people have gained a lot of important insights from your journey.
    Topcac — ugh, I’m feeling your conflict with weight gain and job stress. Can you break the cycle by changing up a couple of things that set off the auto-response of eating — it is so easy for us to respond that way and I can still fall (almost two years later!)into that if I get tired or angry or stressed.
    My coping strategy is just to make any change I can to break the cycle, no matter how small. Sometimes just getting my nails done or getting a facial or taking an hour to go sit and look at a view can help me — anything to stop my auto-response of eating.
    Celebrate small steps back and you will be feeling more in control soon I hope.
    Our world is such a beautiful place — full of caring loving people. As we move into the last weeks of the year I hope that everyone enjoys the quiet dim days of our solstice, then the growing sun as it swings around again for the new year 2018.
    Good wishes to all.

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m late again too after a funeral, travelling up M 6 again and doctors appointment and I am really pleased to have lost another 2 1/2 pounds. That is a total of 9 pounds on this challenge. It’s very unusual for me not to comfort eat with all that’s gone on lately, but I just have not been hungry. I am also determined not to gain again whilst taking the steroids (which may be very long term) and keeping the carbs really low helps to not overeat. I think I am now eating the correct portion sizes although I haven’t had the time or inclination to count calories and mainly I am eating just two meals a day with no snacks.
    I’m tantalisingly near to the three stone off with just 1 1/2 pounds to go.

Happy birthday Marsie and well done on on your weight loss.

Love and hugs to you Sunshine Girl.

Keeping on………..
    X B

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Interesting discussion this morning on our public radio statio. KQED — Dr. Brettison talking about Alzheimers — recommends absolute low carb/high fat diet, ketosis, 14-16 hour fasting.
    He has a book out — “End of Alzheimers” — more evidence of the benefits of this WOE

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Julia, the program you were listening to today substantiates what I have read, also!
    It’s not a bad thing to try and narrow the odds, is it? There is a large study being conducted
    by the National Institutes of Health, ongoing for 15+ years where dementia patients are
    followed. It’s fascinating. You might be able to find the program on you tube. Not only
    do we feel so well following this WOE, but the projected benefits are only now being
    explored. It’s a wonderful time to be alive, isn’t it?

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Alliecat it certainly is a wonderful time to be alive!
    This lovey little poem came up on my Facebook feed this morning, and I felt it was appropriate for our group, as some of us have been facing challenges this week.
    “Life is amazing. And then it’s awful. And then it’s amazing again.
    And in between the amazing and the awful it’s ordinary and mundane and routine.
    Breathe in the amazing, hold on through
    the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary.
    That’s just living heartbreaking, soul-healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life.
    And it’s breathtakingly beautiful”
    LR Knost

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the poem, SueBlue, it’s relevant to all our lives I’m sure and is certainly thought provoking. Thank you for sharing.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, SueBlue, what a lovely poem to start the day with! 🙂 Sometimes all of
    those possibilities can be a part of the very same day, can’t they? But there is
    always something beautiful just around the corner, and we need to hold on always
    to greet the sunrise and a fresh, new day. Thanks so much for the positive
    sentiment!

on

SueBlue – thank you for sharing the poem . We have all experienced amazing and awful in our lives. Keep breathing and relaxing everyone through the good and bad times.

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning all,

Well, it’s only gone and happened!! today – 129.6lb (I’m in the 120s 😀😀)

so that is -1lb from yesterday!!!! What? How?

Never thought I would get there in this challenge.

Reading the posts on the forum are so helpful for understanding that this process of loss/gain/loss/ maintenance etc. is so individual.

I have been mulling over what I need to fully get my head around in order to keep on keeping on. I hope you don’t mind me putting my reflections down here, I just wanted to crystallise them for myself. Yes, we have a formula to follow, eat x calories, x carbs etc and the magic will happen. In truth, that has to fit into the life that SueBlue’s poem talks about. The amazing, the good, the awful, the mundane.

I have been conscious that I haven’t wanted to say that I actually don’t count carbs (gulp, there said it!), I have reflected on why I haven’t mentioned this, I really don’t think any of you would judge me for that but I guess there must have been something around me not making peace with how I do this as an individual. For me, I was aware that creating and following a BSD meal plan which averaged out at 800cals a day was going to be tough enough. I KNEW, that given my temperament, adding a tracking element (on an app) and a carb count would further tie me up in knots from which I might never escape. As a perfectionist, I naturally seek the ‘best’ way to do things, which can usually be quite complicated and involved and then it is all or nothing. I am really working hard to not allow the ‘perfect’ be the enemy of the ‘good’ and, ‘near enough is good enough’.

Reading through the posts totally confirms for me that, within this framework, each of us finds a form that can work for where we are at in our lives, whether that is carb counting, fasting, just getting through a difficult season etc. I recognise the temptation to compare what I am doing with other people and be self-critical as they must be doing it better.

I am, of course, pleased with the fact that I am making progress and need to be content with how I am doing it. It isn’t linear, but it is progress.

Thanks all, x

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’ve just got the results of my blood tests and I’m so relieved! My cholesterol and LDL are finally coming down! In April cholesterol was 7.2 and LDL was 3, that was an increase after 3 months of BSD. today both are down, still high at 6.2 and 1.9 but heading in the right direction! Next test in March and hoping, hoping that the trend will continue 😁

I’ve fended off statins again and my doctor has agreed to wait and see. So happy!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sunshine-girl – hope that you feel ok today. You have done so well to stay on track this week. Have been meaning to thank you for ages. I was suffering from horribly painful leg cramps at night when I read your post about putting a bar of soap in the bed. I have to confess that I really didn’t believe it could possibly work – but your advice is always so good that I gave it a try. Amazingly I haven’t had one single cramp since then.

Mokovex – it is so true that within this framework we can find a form that can work for where we are in our lives. I think that is why we are all doing so well.

I would love to be able to fast – but know it isn’t for me. I am a very very slow loser – but I did get there in the end. I have had to go very low carb – whereas others haven’t. We are all so different .

Mariet – your test results look good – the cholesterol is going the right way.

SueBlue – I loved the poem also. We had an amazing weekend – it was husband’s 70th – then I hit a real low when it looked as though the VAT threshold would be dramatically lowered in the Budget so that even very small businesses like mine would have to register. Oh the nightmare of VAT returns. After several days of severe stressing out – it didn’t happen and the Chancellor didn’t bring it in. What a waste of energy – all that worrying.

Had kept to BSD friendly foods – but too much of them – especially the nuts and stilton – so have nudged up a 1lb on last week.

• posted by topcac
    on

Thank you to all those who sent words of encouragement. I am very very hard on myself, personally, and in work and that sometimes manifests itself in some kind of self sabotaging blowout. I think I’m in the middle of that now and it’s good to get some perspective so thank you. I am going to change one thing – I’m going to start exercising again – just a couple of times a week to start. When I look back at my diary I was going maybe 4-5 times a week – I always do this, go hell for leather for months on end and then’ kersplat’ – hit a brick wall, slide down face first with a mouth full of cake…

I’m going to set realistic targets – and face the fact that I’m not going to lose 20lbs by Christmas. I can, however, lose 1lb per week to start to bring things under control again. So my Xmas target is 5lbs lost – 9st 11lbs…just putting it out there.

I can not tell you how much the support means to me, it makes me cry a bit – there’s probably loads for a counsellor to go at but I will just keep on keeping on
    TC xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

TC – 1 lb a week and 9.11 by Xmas sounds absolutely fantastic to me! Go go go! 🙂

Kazzee xx

on

Hi everyone and thank you again for all your support. Krysia, so glad the soap trick worked for you. When we got back from our UK holiday I forgot to replace the soap in my bed and guess what, I had cramp that night. Not screaming bad but enough to remind me on how good this actually works. I only use a thin sliver like a mini soap you get in hotels.

Glad you are feeling better TC. I think you are like me. You go at it ‘hell for leather’ then crash and burn. I am the same with the dieting. I am so strict with myself and can lose 3.5 lbs in one week but feel so fed up with it all that I go the other way. I am being gentler with myself and allowing small treats like my 10g of chocolate or a glass of wine. So far in 2 days I have lost half a pound and hope for another pound by the end of the challenge. At that rate I will be around 5 or 6 lbs down by Christmas (although I do have one big meal out on 16th Dec). I always want it all and now but I just have to slow down as I am in this for the long haul.

Be good to yourselves. xxx

on

Once we realise that this is now our way of life and not a quick fix I think we are in better control and can make informed and mindful choices about how we get through each day. LIke Sues poem said, there are amazing days and awful days. I really believe that by taking things at our own pace we are in a better position to move forward. A lot of us have been on our journeys for quite a while now and we know our own patterns. I think if we stick to the principles, allowing for the occasional slip, we should all be positive and not beat ourselves up for being human. We have all come a very long way this year and though we have a few tough times ahead in December to deal with, we have the tools to get right on back in the driving seat to carry on slowly and steadily towards our goals.

Thank you everyone for being part of my journey!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The positivity and determination of all of you, is so uplifting! You are right Mokovex, we all have to find our own way of making the BSD work for us within our lifestyle. I only count carbs because I found that if I don’t the weight either stays the same or I gain. For me it seems more about the carbs than calories. If it works for you to just count calories, don’t knock it!

Good news about the blood results Mariet and topcac, well done on identifying you pitfalls and for formulating a way forward. It’s very wise not to set yourself an impossible goal and to accept that you can only achieve so much, in the run up to the festive season. Hope you will soon be reporting losses again. You seem to be a little more positive sunshine-girl, which is really good. I’m sure you can achieve that additional pound lost by the end of the challenge.

Keep going everyone!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Topcac – your plan looks really good. 1 lb a week from now until Christmas and adding extra exercise is a superb plan.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Black Friday? Not for me – I just had to write down that I have, at last, lost three stone! I limped past the post with another 1lb loss this morning, and jumped on and off the scales three times to check the numbers.
    Now for the next three! X B

on

Congratulations busybee on your three stone weight loss! I took a photograph of the scales showing 133 lb when I achieved my three stone weight loss. I couldn’t believe I’d done it. Savour your achievement today. Well done!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Busybee, that’s 50% of your goal achieved, and that’s marvelous! Congratulations!

Allie

• posted by JackieM
    on

Busy Bee, congratulations that’s a great achievement.

I lost 100g yesterday, all off my face. I have cheek bones now. Not sure whether I just look gaunt, but hey ho. Evenings a bit of a problem – grazing on low carb but never quite feeling ‘finished’. I used to have a hot milky drink as my cut off but I don’t drink milk anymore, and a glug of cream doesn’t seem to cut it.

Still, I am in maintenance now, so as long as the numbers don’t go up I am happy.

Off for a steak and salad with some little seen friends in a bit. Happy Friday all xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

That’s awesome BusyBee – big claps on the back! 🙂

Sunshine – re the soap – would it work for toe and foot cramps? When my feet are cold in these temps and before they warm up, I only have to brush my foot against the duvet and it brings it on, same when putting socks on! Drives me crazy. I sleep in bedsocks and take a hot water bottle to bed when I remember.

cheers
    Kxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Way to go, BusyBee!!! Sure you are floating on air right now – you deserve to revel in your achievement and savour this hard won victory. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Well done on discovering cheekbones, JackieM. They will help you revamp your look for sure!

No weight loss to report for me, had dipped down, but now bounced back to where I was on Tuesday – boo hiss! Anyway, still under target, so no right to whinge. Am having a stringent day today and hope that I can start to increase the wriggle room a little over the next few days.

Have a good w/e everyone, whatever you’re doing.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yay, Jackie, Cheekbones! I don’t think I ever lost mine, but the new hollows under them
    are somewhat disconcerting….I don’t think the last 13lb loss has been that beneficial
    to my face, if I’m being honest. Makes me look a little like I have an overbite:) Oh well,
    so be it. Soon you’ll be rediscovering ribs and pelvic bones, too. Congratulations!

Allie

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

BusyBee…congrats to you. So wonderful you are still so enthusiastic to keep going on your journey.

Jackie: you need a party to celebrate the return of cheekbones. Welcome home cheekbones.

No weight loss for me, in fact gains for the last 3 days….I chock it up to inactive GI. This is a new problem for me, usually clockwork regular. Can only think that it is the kefir. It may be making my GI healthier but it sure is making it less motile. Hoping doses of psyllium help. Has anybody else had issues with kefir? Do not want to give it up….thinking maybe changing it to end of day instead of my first food of the day.

Rather disappointing to end a 4 day fast with all the weight coming back on per the scales. I fully expect that this is temporary and the weight loss will reappear once the GI issues are shorted, but disheartening none the less.

Well done to everyone else moving forward.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Luvtcook, I think what is happening on the scale is probably just temporary. Our genteel
    English friends call this “transit issues”! This woe generates a lot less waste. How do
    you feel? Throughout my weight loss period I rarely used the bathroom more than 3 x wk.
    When I was “successful” the number on the scale dropped by 1-1 1/2 lbs. Make sure you
    keep your water intake high. I don’t know if kefir is playing a role here, but you might
    consider substituting kimchi/sauerkraut from one of the ethnic markets in your area for
    a fermented product in place of your kefir to see if it makes a difference? I’m sure others
    will be along with some ideas, or you could enter “constipation” in the search box. I
    know that this subject has been covered in the past. I hope you feel better soon.

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh yes, luvtcook: What about chia seeds? I have 1 tb ea. day.

on

Happy Black Friday everyone, whatever that means, and yes it has caught on in France too. Even had an email from my bank offering a loan with a special Black Friday (and not vendredi noir) interest rate. 1.69%. Not bad if I needed something big.

I did a little deal with a certain jungle sounding online retailer (not naming or advertising) where I clicked the button for Prime free delivery, free music downloads and so on. When I realised what I had done I went onto the site and cancelled my subscription but received an email saying ‘your trial period will end on 22nd December and you will not be charged after that date as you have cancelled’. Result, free UK postage on all my chrissie pressies so I am ordering for immediate delivery instead of putting in shopping basket and waiting in case I can think of something else to save on delivery charges. I guess they win too as I am more likely to shop with them for the next month.

Weight is down by 1lb so I guess my gently does it is working. Allowed myself one glass of white wine before bed as a nightcap. I know when I lose lots quickly I tend to slip into ‘oh so I can afford to cheat a little (or a lot)’ but this way I get a small treat without derailing my weight loss. As you can guess from my tone I have gotten over my hissy fit and feeling sorry for myself. Live goes on.

KazzUK, the soap works for any form of cramp, even if it is arms or legs or stomach or period pain. Also good for things like arthritis pain or other muscular conditions. The theory is that it neutralises the electricity build up under bed covers so stops any static which can be the cause of cramps. Mine are caused by taking statins so it doesn’t have to be a medical condition, just cramp and pain. If it works, it works – I swear by it now.

Well done Busybee, oh if I could lose 3 stone I would be at my goal of 8st 10lbs from my starting weight of 12.10, only 2 and a bit to go.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by alliecat
    on

So sorry, luvtcook. I can’t seem to organize my thoughts today! The result of sleep
    deprivation, I think. You may already know this, but women under 50 are suppose to get
    25 gr of fiber daily, women over 50, it drops to 21. If you google “foods highest in fiber”
    you will find many lists. Some of the stuff may surprise you. Avocado and raspberries
    are quite high, for example. Just eliminate those items that aren’t BSD friendly. Hope
    this helps 🙂

Allie

• posted by Busybee
    on

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes and support.
    Keeping on……………..
    X B

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi, I’m please to report I’ve lost 3 of my 4lb gain last weekend. I’ll weigh in again on Thursday and it would be good to lose another 3 and hit my Nov goal of 6 but it’s probably unlikely, however, I will give it my best shot!

Sunshine – thanks for answering my question about the soap. I will try that tonight. Well done also on your 1 lb lost. I have lost very slowly since I begin BSD, averaging out at losing 1.5 lbs per week. If that’s all I expect, then any more is a bonus. Really pleased for you SG.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Kazzeee xx

• posted by Sueonit
    on

Hi all, just popping in (November seems to have been a bit of a whirlwind ) still away with relatives but home by Tuesday! Your posts have given me motivation to keep to the plan as near as poss without being rude when being encouraged to eat portions of carbs!! Bread everywhere,🍰cakes everywhere 🤪 I have had the 🍷I am a converted red drinker now😊
    I want to congratulate all of you, this is such a solid forum for advice and tips and amazing recipes👍 Respect to all newbies like myself, BSDers who have reached their targets🎯 and you amazing maintainers💪It just gives me hope that I can set myself a new target for December to get into the next stone or close too without ruining this challenge, will weigh Tuesday and post happy hols and have a super weekend all 😊 xx

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Allie, thanks for reminding me of how much fiber avocados have in them. It seems so counterintuitive given how creamy they are. I think it my also be due to my drop in magnesium per cutting out some of the almond meal things I was making/having before BSD. Still struggling today….on to Level 2 intervention. Ugh.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Luvtcook – I’m sorry you haven’t resolved this uncomfortable situation. I certainly
    don’t want to be a nag, please forgive me, but I take 1 tb of raw cacao nibs every
    day FOR the magnesium! 🙂

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Allie, all suggestions welcomed. Have been low carbing for about 5 yrs and never ran into this issue before per eating LOTS of veg. The cocoa nibs sound like a great option for daily maintenance. Will give that a shot. Magnesium pills and psyllium for today I am afraid.

By the way…how do you do your nibs? What do you put them on as I assume you aren’t just swallowing them with gulps of water. On yogurt ….or ricotta?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Drastic things call for drastic measures, Luvtcook. Magnesium tablets for today, I
    think! In the summer I use an extra spice/coffee bean grinder to pulverize the nibs
    (also high in fiber) and combine with raspberries (high in fiber) and grass fed whey
    protein powder (from Dr. Axe online store) to make a smoothie. Most of the year I
    add to greek yogurt along with chia seeds. Because I have cardiomyopathy (enlarged
    heart) I am ever mindful of keeping the balance between calcium, magnesium and
    potassium as correct as possible. Husband needs this too! Let us know how you
    are getting on with solving this problem. I’m sympathetic. My idea of a big blow out
    treat these days is to put a tsp of cacao nibs on top of a plump, dried apricot half,
    fold it over, and shove into my mouth. Nirvana! But only 1!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Wow, I’m not completely sure what is happening other than a bit of a strange week, but while every 100g of weight loss was quite hard won at the beginning of the month, I’m certainly losing now. I’ve lost a whole kg since last reporting in on Tuesday. While I have been trying to get on more of a 5:2 pattern, in reality my eating has been all over the map this week. I had a fast day on Tuesday and I intended to break that fast on Wednesday morning by eating breakfast at work shortly before a 9am meeting I was scheduled to be in. Unfortunately my one route to work was blocked by a load of marble countertops that had fallen off the back of a truck and I didn’t get there until 9:30, so no time to eat and I ended up breaking the fast at noon instead. Then on Wednesday night, I was noticing indications that my horse was getting sick, so went back to the yard where I keep him on Thursday morning to check on him, and he was definitely sick. I had to wait for the vet to come and didn’t get to work until 11am, and was so hungry that I ended up eating my breakfast and lunch back to back, which was just as well because I had to be in a meeting for the afternoon where there were lots of sugary and starchy carbs on offer as snacks, and as I was satisfied, I was able to just ignore them completely. I was really on 16:8 for those two days. Then Friday I fasted again. Other than Thursday morning, I haven’t been hungry at all, even when fasting and I’ve been feeling really good and mentally alert as well. I’m sticking to low carb mediterranean type food when I’m not fasting but not calorie counting, just eating to satiety. I’m down to 82.4kg this morning, so only 400g to go to meet my mini weight goal for this challenge. When I convert that to lbs, I have lost exactly 20lbs since starting on September 24th, and I have finally managed to get below 13 stone (12st 13.8lbs)! I’m thrilled because this means that maybe by the time my horse gets better I’ll be light enough to actually ride him without putting undue strain on him. I’m not going to meet my goal of losing 2 inches off my waist, but the measuring tape this morning may have been showing a 1/4 inch lost so at least it is finally moving in the right direction.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Luvtcook – I have Kefir every day and it definitely doesn’t cause ‘transit problems’. I agree with other posters that upping fibre and water is the key and you have been given some good suggestions that really will work.

Arcticfox – well done for getting below 13 stone – and well done for avoiding the sugary and starchy carbs at your meeting. Hope your horse gets better soon.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello everyone, have been offline again for a couple of days, rather time poor recently. Consequently, I’ve not caught up with all your news although two jumped out at me …..
    SueBlue, how exciting! Congrats. Now it’s KOKOODAAT😊

Also, arcticfox, good news, well done.

Re our next challenge, I’ll get the new topic opened up tomorrow so we can move straight over after our Tuesday weigh-in reports. Look for:

BUSY, BUSY WITH SANTA’S ELVES, WHILE CARING GENTLY FOR OURSELVES: 4week challenge ending 26 December”.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, all. Congratulations to those of you who are reporting significant losses during this
    challenge! It is a confidence builder, isn’t it?

Marsie, thanks to you for setting up the next challenge. It will be great to see you posting
    again! May I join you? I’m on month 7 of maintenance now, but I don’t feel confident
    with it yet. Like Theo, my problem is not weight rebound, but trying to stabilize and not
    continue to drop an extra 2lbs. each month. Thanks to the great suggestions that I
    have received, I’ve been able to stay constant for 10 days! I don’t know what I thought
    maintenance would look like after dumping 10+ stone, but I’m certainly not finding it
    as easy as some 🙂

I’ll be watching out for cleverly named new thread!

Allie

on

Hi all, I havent gone away. Can report another small loss of quarter of a pound, not much but not bad for the weekend. Today I weigh exactly the same as I did when I saw my doctor nearly 3 months ago and still have 2 weeks to lose weight before my next visit. That means I have lost any weight gained over my UK visit holiday in October and having visitors here in September with lots of meals out.

I might join the next challenge for the weeks before I go away (19th December) and look forward to there being a challenge for January just in case 🙂

Bonne continuation pour le weekend a tous. Or should that be bon continuation as the weekend is masculine but then again ‘continuation’ is a feminine word. Oh what the heck, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

KrysiaD, thanks for the feedback on the kefir, because I love it and don’t want to drop it. Doing better today and think things should be pretty much back to normal BUT after a 4 day fast and eating very sensibly and low carb over this 3 day Thanksgiving holiday, I am at the same place I started before the fast. Was down 5 1/2 lbs at the end of the fast then crept back up day by day to where I started. I know that it is just not possible to not have lost any real weight after all that….so am patiently waiting it out. I know its going to show up at some point. I love the saying on a plaque I once saw: “God give me patience….but please hurry up”. That about sums it up for me.

Its now 11:15 and off to prepare my first meal of the day. Finding this suits me well. No breakfast but black coffee, big meal at 11:30 and lite supper at 5 is. All eating for the day done by 6:30. The evening cravings are a thing of the past and for that I am very pleased. I used to think I just could not possibly go to bed on an empty stomach. This WOE has changed all that. Just not really hungry any more and falling asleep not contingent on a full belly.

Love to all.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Luvtcook – pleased to hear you are much more back to normal. I agree that it isn’t possible to not to have lost any real weight after eating so sensibly. It will show up at some point – that’s for sure.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Luvtook, I truly empathise with you. I think one thing this WOE teaches us is patience. All things come to he (or she ) who waits. You WILL gain your reward, just hang in there 😄

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Marsie thanks for your good wishes, but you’ve stumped me with KOKOODAAT! Have never heard of it!
    Thanks for setting up the next thread – I can’t believe it’s that time again, this last 4 weeks has flown by.
    I had a bit of a blow out this weekend, it’s my son’s birthday and I had a few drinks, a little piece of birthday cake and some other non-BSD birthday foods. However I’m hoping a couple of days back on plan will mean I’ll still have a loss, or have at least maintained, over this past week.
    Good luck everyone for our final weigh ins this week 🙂

on

Sue- keep on keeping on, one day at a time.

I’ve not been weighed for a few days as I am trying to teach myself to not be so scale reliant! WIll be jumping on them on Tuesday for the final November weigh in.

Have a good couple of days everyone!

• posted by alliecat
    on

SueBlue, I’m glad that I’m not the only one who is confused by what KOKOODAAT means 🙂

ClarinetCathy, I’ve been trying to discipline myself not to weigh more than 1 x week!
    It’s a challenging habit to try to break. Like you, I’m trying to get more comfortable
    with maintenance and trusting my own judgement. In my case, I don’t think I’ll be
    truly free until I have 1 year of maintenance to report. Sigh, only 5 more months 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.