Remember, remember, low carbs for November: 4 week challenge ending 28 November.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’d seen KOKO before which is keep on keeping on, so the rest was possible to work out. Cocoa nibs are brilliant just on their own as a nibble too, mixed with pine nuts sometimes. I sprinkle them on yoghurt as well, and include a few grams in my chocolate protein shake, makes it distinctly ‘bitty’ to drink but certainly helps the taste, and adding chia seeds as well seems to help transit speed up a bit. I am going to start making ‘protein balls’ or similar I think, and will certainly use the nibs in those.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Errrr – MnM, got the keep on bit, but still struggling with the rest. Are you and Marsie going to keep us less cryptically minded individuals guessing forever? 😉

Allie, just a week or two behind you in maintenance (almost 7 months for me) and, like you, I feel I need to make it a full year before I feel I’ve cracked it. And, even then, will always feel it necessary to eat “mindfully”.

Hoping to hear some good results from everyone on Tuesday. Can’t believe that month has gone by so quickly 😱

• posted by Marsie
    on

lol, Theodora, Keep On Keeping On One Day At A Time. Mashing together sunshine-girl’s keeping on keeping on and my one day at a time. I think busybee beat me to the mashup:)

Am just about to set up new thread, ready for tomorrow. The months are flying by!

• posted by Marsie
    on

“BUSY, BUSY WITH SANTA’S ELVES, WHILE CARING GENTLY FOR OURSELVES: 4wks to 26 Dec” now active.

There is apparently a limit on the number of characters/keystrokes in topic titles, so the word “challenge” is missing from the title but not from the intent!

Cheers all,

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning all,

So, birthday on Friday, not too bad, had my much anticipated strawberry daiquiri and a bit of birthday cake. But I think it opened the gates to the total cheese fest of the rest of the weekend. now +4lb 😱

Biggest gain since I started this w.o.e back in August but drawing the proverbial line in the sand and moving on.

x

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Just popping in to wish all a great start to a new week. I really appreciate all the notes of encouragement. Scales still not my friend today but one hoping for the big “tada” somethime this week when a loss shows up. Clothes fitting better….but do not plan on measuring waist but once a month on the 1st….so will do this coming Fri when DEC 1 rolls around. This fall sure has flown by quickly. May be due to having such funny weather. Has been so warm with trees still hanging onto their leaves in DC area. This is a full week beyond what is average. Started seeing Xmas lights on some of the homes & apts in the area this last weekend. Too soon for me. I rather like the 12 days of Xmas idea…..might stretch to 14 and put up my Xmas decorations two weeks in advance but that is enough for me.

Allie: I liked your idea of sharing Xmas traditions. In my little family of 2 (self and my 38 yr old son who lives about 5 miles away) we have a tradition of a late night supper on Xmas Eve at one of the area’s ethinic restaurants. For several years it used to be Peking Duck at one of the good Chinese restaurants in the area, but it got to be that even at 9:30 or 10:00 at night the lines was still an hour plus wait even with reservations. So last year it was Korean BBQ….I do love all the Bon Chon nibbles they give you while you wait for your entree (kimchee, but also the pickled daikon radish and other little bits of this and that).

For Xmas Day we get off to a slow start after being up late the night before…..always do a brunch of Eggs Benedict , a faux hash made with butternut squash instead of potatoes, fruit salad, and Mimosas around 10:30, then open gifts afterward. We have a lazy afternoon (usually rent an online movie to watch) and dinner at 6 or 7 pm, usually of a small rib roast or filet dressed up a bit (did Gordon Ramsey’s Beef Wellington last year. Will not be repeating that one….too much work!).

Xmas 2017 plans TBD…still a blank slate so some planning is in order. Brunch will be the same…..but need to find a venue for Xmas Eve. Planning is half the fun.

Although he has brought girlfriends home for the holidays to join us before, I think we may have an engagement to look forward to this year. Lovely young woman, but very close to her family in the New York City area and wanting to live near them….so big changes may be in store for all concerned. But that is the way life is….yin and yang, a gain paired with a loss. Must make like a twig able to bend with the wind…to bend is better than to break.

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

I won’t be able to post tomorrow so am taking today as my final weigh in for this challenge. Well I’m ecstatic!! 8st 12lbs which means I’ve lost four pounds this challenge!
    I’ve got loads of events to go this month and I feel so happy to be this size, I was pretty unhappy about the way I looked back in May when I started this woe, I’ve lost two and a half stone since then! Am just delighted to be in the 8’s, what a result! Will see you on the next challenge as a) I’d like help getting through Christmas and b) I’m thinking it would be nice to be more safely into the 8’s, maybe 8 & a half!
    Good luck for final weigh-ins everyone!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Happy Monday everyone, still at the same weight but hoping for good news tomorrow. Making an all out effort.

We (me and my husband) are spending the Christmas period with our daughter and two grandsons aged 12 and 9. Unfortunately it is not going to be a traditional Christmas Day for us. We will get up early for the usual present opening but then the boys are heading off to their dads as my daughter had them last year. We are then heading to a restaurant for our Xmas lunch with daughter and her new boyfriend. We have met him before but only a couple of times so he is basically a stranger to us. I am with you Luvtcook in being ambivalent about a change to what we know. Daughter has put her house up for sale and intends to move in with the boyfriend until they can buy a house together. Although they will be no further away from us (we are in France them in England) it is a different set up as we feel comfortable at our daughters but will it be the same in someone else’s house. Maybe when they jointly buy we will feel better but it is a big step when she has only known him for 9 months. I can talk, I met my hubby in December (1989) and moved lock stock from England to Scotland with a 10 year old daughter in tow some 8 months later, so I cannot criticise or object. It will be whatever it is and change can be good for everyone. It is my husband who is getting so upset about it. Should say, the boyfriend is a very nice, steady chap with a good job, ambition and financially secure. So what is not to like.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, final day of the challenge and I am surprised but happy with 1.7kg gone over this four weeks. SO many social events, I was a bit despondent for a while but there you go, plugging away in between has a good outcome 🙂 700g now or 1.5lb to my final goal, surely I can manage that during the next challenge??

Our Christmas traditions have changed totally over the past 5 years. My children are all grown and have partners which complicates things for them. Their families are spread over more than 100km so Christmas day is more like a marathon for them than a relaxing day, poor things. With that in mind we settled for Christmas Breakfast last year and that worked really well. We had the beautiful Christmas table and a huge spread of breakfast food as festive as possible, then presents under the tree and all were gone by 9.30am! Very different from any other Christmas Day but I really enjoyed it and as I go away up the coast every Boxing day I had the rest of the day to potter around and get ready.

This year my mother and brother are coming over to join us so we will have 10 for breakfast 🙂

Looking forward to it and it’ll be an added bonus if I’m at (or under) my final goal!

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Start weight: 136.5lb
    7th Nov: 133.2 lb (-3.3)
    14th Nov : 132.7lb (-0.5lb)
    21st Nov : 131.1lb (-1.6 lb)
    Today : 130.7lb

total – 5.8lb Cannot be anything but ecstatic about that 😀

Even with cheese based gains over the weekend, a 24hr fast has repaired a lot of the damage.

Got to get going now so don’t have time to post christmas tradition but loving reading yours. x

• posted by marie123
    on

I missed last week’s weigh-in as I was away, but still happy to report another good loss here – in total 7lb on this challenge.

As I posted separately yesterday, I got my first hba1c blood test result since my diabetes diagnosis in August yesterday, and my blood sugars are now back down in the normal range so I’m delighted with that, too. I know I couldn’t/wouldn’t have done it without the support of people on these forums so thanks to everyone for helping.

Mokovex – 5.8lb, that’s great going, we’re on a roll I think…. lets keep going

Mariet – I’ll be there in the next challenge with everyone else ready to cheer you on when you lose that 1.5lb and reach goal – yeah! By the way, what a great idea to have a Christmas Breakfast like that – sounds lovely.

Sunshine-girl – looking forward to reading your post today, as always. You and Verano offered me some sage advice when I was debating about Metformin when I first joined the forum. I took your advice and it worked. Thanks to both of you for that.

Looking forward to reading everyone else’s final report-ins (reports-in ?) today – and see you over on the December challenge.
    Take care all
    Marie x

• posted by Sueonit
    on

Hi all.. finally home trying not to worry too much about the many cooked breakfasts and extra glass of the red stuff may have sabotaged my plans so here I go on the scales …..
    SOoooo. pleased just had my weigh in 2lb off so my total is 9.5 lbs in 4 weeks yippee 👍
    I didn’t quite make it into the lower stone, but only 1.5 lbs and I will be there… signing up to the next 4 week challenge! I have increased water intake and feel ready to make a difference before Xmas is here, also big well done to everyone who was on the challenge👋
    ( so much stuff hits you in the face when shopping tubs of choccys, mince pies Baileys the list goes on)
    But Yesterday I had 2 compliments about how I looked, and that made me feel really good 😊🤩 so with all the wonderful tips, shared experiences and real people doing this WOE I’m on it🤪🤪🤪will celebrate with green scrambled egg and smoked salmon and peppered grilled tomato for brunchy lunch 😊

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Sueonit,
    That’s a great weight loss – you must be chuffed, and you’re certainly living up to your name – wow! and well done.
    Marie x

• posted by Busybee
    on

Good mornings my fellow Challenger’s
    This seems to have been a very successful challenge and for me it has been th most successful. I have lost another pound this week which means I have lost a total of 8 pounds over the four weeks. I did see a new low earlier in the week which took me over the three stone of mark but have bounced up a bit by 1 pound which takes me back over. I am not concerned about it as last ttime me I lost half stone quickly it took my poor old body a while to accept the new low.
    Now for the next few weeks.
    Keeping on………..”
    X B

• posted by Theodora
    on

Looks like a successful challenge for most, so very well done to you all.

My challenge was to maintain and stay exactly the same or even put on a pound or two. Failed in that, but not too dramatically as I’m finishing the challenge only 2lbs lighter than I began it which I’ll settle for as, at one stage, I was 5.5lbs below.

I won’t be joining the next challenge as I feel uncomfortable bemoaning too much weight loss when others are struggling to reach their goals. But I will continue to try to balance maintenance and report in our maintenance thread instead. I will of course be cheering you all on from the sidelines however and hoping you all attain your Christmas goals.

• posted by topcac
    on

Morning challenge buddies and many congratulations to all you losers out there – there are many of you and that’s wonderful to see, especially since we are entering the festive season – keep going!

I finish this challenge at exactly the same weight as I started it – 10 stone. I still haven’t upped my exercise and carbs are still controlling me on some days BUT – I am 1lb ahead of my target to lose 5lbs by Christmas (which was the challenge I set myself last week) – just 3lbs to go, and four weeks to do it.

See you on the December challenge everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow! Some brilliant results being posted, both for the week and the challenge overall. I joined the challenge a week late and freely admit I’ve coasted on and off ever since. Anyway, my result is not stupendous, but is one that I am content with – 0.6lb loss for the week, 1.6lb loss since taking up the challenge. None of this is earth shattering, but as I am in maintenance I’m pleased to be under target weight by 2.4lb. Not a huge margin admittedly, though I am still trying to build that a little more. Seem to be maintaining with only small fluctuations and not yet been back up the target weight, so feel in general things are going well.

Whilst I’m not planning to actively join the next challenge, I will pop in to see what’s happening with you all and offer comment if appropriate. Most of you seem to be on a roll and I’m sure you will all be reporting more good things before the festive season. To those who have struggled, stick with it – mind-set and determination is a big part of the battle and I’m confident you can all be posting good results if you keep right on.

on

Well done to all those who have lost during this challenge. I started on this at 12st 3lbs and now weigh 12st 3/4 lbs so 2.25 lbs loss. Not really good considering I lost 3.5lbs in the first week and then managed to gain it again and then lose some of it. Well it is still a loss so i’ll take that. Just done 50 mins aerobics in front of the TV.

I am going to find it hard going at the end of this week as my husband is going away for 5 days. Hurry I shout but then it is a long time to be on my own day and night. I intend to go market shopping on Saturday and it is our village Xmas fete on Sunday. I just hope I dont resort to snacking due to boredom although there is very little in our house to snack on. I will join the next challenge to keep be on track so will see you over there.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good evening, fellow challengers. Late in the day for me to be reporting my morning weigh-in but here it is, 62kg. This is the same as last weekbut 1.4 kg loss for the challenge. I’m very happy with that as I’ve pretty much been hanging around here doing not much more than moan about my lack of intent. Thanks all for your patience.

This has been a great challenge for many, and for all of us ….well done for taking charge of our own welfare. 👏👏👏

I’m glad you’ll be popping in SunnyB, and Theodora, we’ll miss you and if we don’t hear from you I just might find myself searching for you elsewhere on the forum😊

See you all on the new challenge💜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Congratulations to all who are finishing up this challenge with losses to report. A loss
    is still a loss, after all 🙂 Some of you are getting so close to target. This WILL be the
    month!!
    Sunshine-girl, it’s great to see you back on track, and stepping up for the new Dec.
    challenge.
    I’d really like to follow everyone’s progress and pop in for a word of encouragement
    on the way, but I think Theo may be correct. Best we take our lamentations about
    anxieties over continuing weight loss over to the maintenance thread. I’m doing
    better in that I haven’t lost any more weight in 10 days. If I can keep that up for the
    weeks leading into Christmas, I may have it figured it out.
    Best of luck to everyone committed to their Dec. goals. I’ll be cheering you on as
    you go. I haven’t retired my pompoms, I promise! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Marsie, of course we’re going to continue to cheer you all on – we’ll be looking for more and more of you to be heading towards full membership on the maintainers thread, after all. But, if I go a bit quiet on the challenge thread, I’m always happy to have a friendly stalker 😉

Hey, Allie, a stable weight for 10 days is fantastic news. Well done you, maybe my little analysis did help, after all. See you over on After reaching target. ………..

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Allie, what do you think is making the difference on stabilizing your weight? Curious as to what you are doing that allows you to stay level….how many calories, how many carbs….what is IN and what is still OUT? I have a looooooong way to go but curious what lies ahead and what you find is working.

LTCook

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Allie,

As Marsie says, that’s great news about the 10 days maintenance. Glad to hear you, Theodora and the other maintainers will still be around. I, for one, will need all your tips and tricks (including furiously waving pompoms) to help me through my first BSD Christmas and New Year!
    Marie x

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Some great news on this thread this month. It has felt like a really positive challenge. I have finished the month at 132.8 and started at 134.4. Just a little under 2lb lost but I achieved my goal weight during this challenge of 133 lb and am aiming to lose another 3lb before 21st December when I go to see my son in Washington for Christmas. This will give me a little buffer for whilst I am away. I have decided not to partake in the December challenge as I feel I need to take a rest and refocus for my continued maintenance. I am100% committed to BSD and will be reading the forum daily and posting when appropriate and of course will be following your progress. I have got a busy time for the next couple of weeks, singing in a choir and playing my clarinet etc as it is that time of year. I love being part of the forum and it has helped me so much on my BSD journey. Well done everyone for your continued commitment and enthusiasm for our new found way of life. Good luck to everyone for the next challenge.

Cathy x

• posted by alliecat
    on

No “little analysis”, Theo. After you took a very careful look at my stats and suggested
    I recalculate my TDEE, I realized that I was under each day by 207 cal. ( LTC, I hate to
    exercise in the heat and humidity of a New England summer so I was using a number
    for an inactive person and had totally forgotten to revisit it when I began to walk and do
    a little weight training 3 x week). If Theo hadn’t suggested this, I might be still losing
    2 mystery lbs. a month! LTC, I didn’t make any real changes in my weight loss regimen
    each day, so I picked up the extra calories needed to approach a correct TDEE with extra
    greek yogurt and cacao nibs, a small portions of roasted root vegetables, maybe
    a larger chunk of avocado, an extra hardboiled egg, a few more nuts, these sorts of
    things. Not very adventurous, I know! I’ve never really thought to seek out low carb
    bread or any substitutes because I’m just not focused on returning to old habits. Others
    do fine with the occasional indulgences. Theo and I laugh that while we don’t in any
    way advocate wine to get in enough calories each day, for some crazy reason we seem
    to get away with it 3 times a week or so without any consequences. Some use extra
    fruit when they arrive at maintenance……….Today my carbs usually come in at 25-35.
    During weight loss it was <20. I’m really getting into soup now that it’s cold, often
    containing fire roasted tomatoes. I just compensate for those additional carbs by skipping
    the morning serving of raspberries as compensation. I know that you are a very
    accomplished cook, so I hope this doesn’t sound too bleak to you 🙂 🙂 🙂 I’ll see how
    I feel about the upcoming holiday festivities when it is upon us.
    Theo, you are certainly NOT going to be allowed to go at all silent! I will find you wherever
    you are….I’m not at all above catching a ride with a drone and circling above your house
    and giving explicit instructions to be dropped on your doorstep. I know how much fun
    is going on in your house, and I never like to miss out on a party! Beware, my sweet 🙂

Talk to you both soon,

Allie

• posted by arcticfox
    on

After losing so much last week, I have ended this challenge up by 300g from my lowest point. So 82.7kg or just back over 13st for now. It is a bit disappointing to have gained a bit back, especially as yesterday was a fast day, but I have been trying to eat a few more calories on non-fast days, and I’m having transit issues at the moment, so it is not really unexpected. I did end up losing 3.2kg on this challenge, so that is something to celebrate. I’ll definitely be joining the next challenge to keep me on track as I keep trying the 5:2 pattern.

• posted by Theodora
    on

LTC, my maintenance strategy has been very similar to Allie’s. I’m eating more or less the same as when losing, just a bit more of it. We entertain and eat out a lot (hence Allie’s ref to partying) when I relax a bit, then rein back in immediately to compensate.

Allie – what ON EARTH do you think the odd glass or two of vino is, if not extra fruit?!!😉 Always counted as one of the 5 a day in this house😜

And if you think I’m even capable of going “all quiet on you”, then you don’t know me quite as well as you think, my friend! And, while we’re at it, why not hitch a ride on the threatened drone and drop in (literally) for our next house party? 🚁

Right, off to get ready for yet another (sigh) supper out at the pub with friends. And yes, a few extra portions of fruit will be partaken of🍷🍷🍷

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Thanks Theo and Allie….I count on you, as you are our trailblazers into maintenance.

I fully understand your trepidation and caution because most of us who have been life time dieters have succeeded at the diet part (at least for near term goals) only to crash and burn when we try to take a break and seek a place to “level” for a while. The Jason Fung videos explaining why calorie restriction diets don’t work and even determined losers have nearly all gained the weight back have been eye opening. So VERY interested in how you ladies are doing it after intermittant fasting as an alternative to calorie restriction.

Also, if his data is correct, intermittant fasters DO see a rise in their metobolic rate, in spite of the damage done to it by trying moderate calorie restriction.

As wine is supposed to be linked with longer life, I heartily endorse your using part of your “fruit budget” to enjoy it. Even a half a glass with meals increases my mood and satisfaction with life in general immensely .

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done to everyone who participated in this challenge, some great losses reported, as well as some good maintenance posts, and lots of positivity and support shown for each other 🙂
    My final weigh in for the thread showed a small gain, but after 2 weeks of good losses (for me anyway, being a slow loser!), this was no surprise. So I’ve ended the challenge with an overall 600g, or 1.32lb loss. My steps for the week were 84,050, so I easily met my 70,000 step goal there.
    See you all in the December thread 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy & Theodora – I’ll miss seeing your posts in the next 4 week challenge, but I’m sure we’ll keep in touch via our January thread! And maybe this time next year I’ll be joining you both in the maintenance thread (I couldn’t help but think of Del Boy when typing “this time next year…. – I will feel like a millionaire when I FINALLY get to my goal weight!!)
    Cathy – good luck with your concerts and for your trip to Washington 🙂

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Even after a year I am nowhere near cracking this maintenance lark. Weigh in today back at 11 stone 7.0 so back to my trigger weight again. I struggled with fasting a bit in the aftermath of the black tie do, keeping going for many hours, but eventually mooching cupboardwards and snacking far too much. This culminated in last night a full blown sugar addict binge on some stuff I had actually bought for Christmas. So today is logged and about 900 calories. Tomorrow will be 50 calories more and I will try the experiment of just doing my ‘recovery’ diet without the preliminary calorie restriction or fasting mimicking diet period for the next 4 weeks, until Christmas eve. I know this isn’t fat. 11 pounds in 11 days requires overeating to an extent far greater than I have been doing so I thoroughly expect to rapidly lose that 11 pounds again, maybe in my first week. The trick will be then not deciding that that is good enough and starting to go back to the bad stuff too early. Christmas does mean treats, but they will be carefully controlled this year.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Love and happiness to our clever maintainers. That includes you Mnm, being clever with your trigger weight and with recognising your fallibilities then pulling yourself back into line. (I do empathise with your posts).

Enjoy your concerts and trip to fabulous NY, Cathy. See you in the new year.

S-g, when O/H had any business trip away I used to just relish the time to myself in the house, especially on work days ….ate what/when I chose, watched what/when I chose, saw girlfriends alone instead of the usual couples, then when the time came, rushed eagerly to open the door when he arrived home. And I gave myself a project for the quiet times. Don’t be bored, that’s danger-time …..

Going now to commune with Santa’s elves ……xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

11 stone 4.2 today, so almost 3 pounds gone again already. I know I am doing this the hard way trying to find a balance between just eating Med style all the time as many do so successfully and eating anything and everything. The balance is coming slowly, and at least my trigger is set low enough that only a few days of unacceptable eating hits it immediately. It is a great wake up call.

• posted by marie123
    on

Morning Mixnmatch – that’s great going so early on. It must be hard trying to find that balance.

The idea of having a trigger weight(s) sounds like a really useful idea. Do you just set specific weights above and below which you don’t want to go when maintaining ? I’m quite a bit away from that point yet, but it might be a useful tactic for when I get to maintenance.

Do you know, it’s just occurred to me – I’ve been on many diets and I was just wondering why I’d never used that tactic before and of course it’s because I’ve never reached a goal weight. Well, it may/will be next year, but I’m going to get there this time. A happy thought to start the day on…….

Marie x

• posted by Verano
    on

Marie well done on getting your HbA1c down. Now it’s just a case of keeping it there! You know for the last five or six months I have stayed much the same weight despite having more to lose. I think I must also have a trigger weight but it’s subconscious I think. I’m guessing that’s why I’ve not regained all the weight I’ve lost. So even if you haven’t reached you final goal you can still have a trigger weight to help stay on track.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Verano,

Thanks. Getting the Hba1c down was THE most important thing and keeping it there is my number one priority. And I can’t tell you how grateful I am that you and sunshine-girl suggested I try the BSD before the Metformin. My decision, of course, but I’ll always be grateful for that support!

Yes, it’s a good idea about the trigger weight. That hadn’t occurred to me. It’ll be particularly useful over Christmas and New Year – I’ll set a tight trigger weight, weigh every day and make sure I don’t go over.

Really hope the new strategy is successful for you.

Marie x

on

Hi all, gone over to new challenge but still reading posts here. marie123 I am so glad we helped you in your decision making although it can only be down to you. Glad it worked out for you. It was a no brainer as you could have given it 3 months (or the 8 weeks) and not been the type of person it would help and still had the alternative to go on the meds, so you had nothing to lose and I am so pleased you are with us on this journey.

Marsie, I will enjoy being on my own for a while and have pamper days and evening planned. You are right I will be able to do whatever I please and, in terms of my diet, I wont have to sit down to a meal just because it is mealtime. However, that can lead to snacking so I will try to keep a routine. It is only 5 days and 2 of them are dealt with.

Hoping to see you all at our Christmas challenge with just under 4 weeks to go.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I have a very loose lower trigger of 9 stone 11 pounds which is 1 stone under my target weight, although bang in the middle of healthy BMI for my height. The upper trigger is just 11 stone 7 because it feels too close to getting back to the twelves being in the high 11s. I put on a lot of muscle losing the weight so even though 11 stone 2 is technically back into overweight for me I haven’t set it there, allowing 5 pounds more to make it more for exceptional circumstances. Over the last year I have hit it 4 times and each time reacted with a focused effort so it seems to work well for me.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Mixnmatch,

Thanks for responding. I do like the idea of having a trigger weight point, past which I respond with a more focused effort, as you say. Verano also mentioned having one now before I even reach goal. I’m definitely going to do that as I think it will be really useful for me over this Christmas period.

Marie x

Sunshine-girl, I’ll get back to you on the new post.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello, hello! Well, my overall loss for November was 3 lbs, not the hoped for 6. But since last Saturday weigh in, I’ve done a 46 hour fast (Sun to Tues 7pm) and am doing another one until tonight which will be another 48 hr. I’ve stuck to black coffee and water rather than tea with soya or cows milk and water, so I’ll be interested to see what the scales say on Saturday. I shall post that on the Dec challenge thread. Well done everyone! Onwards and downwards!

Kazzee xx

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Made some cloud bread from a recipe from http://www.childhood.com which only has 0.2g of carbs. Took them to work with wafer thin ham & spinach in. Really enjoyed them. I haven’t been good at the weekend so I have some catching up to do.

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Not childhood good food auto keeps changing it sorry

Please log in or register to post a reply.