Post-Easter Cleanse

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Suse97
    on

Anyone starting BSD on Tues 18th April? Looking for daily support and ideas? Let’s share…

• posted by Suse97
    on

Hi All, I’m starting tomorrow and would love anyone to join this forum to share ideas and post updates. I’ve had a mini go at this before and it was so brilliant, quick and effective, I really have no idea why I stopped. So this is the proper attempt now. I’m going to my cousin’s wedding in 9 weeks and the dress I WILL wear is hanging on the back of my bedroom door and it absolutely does not fit!! So my challenge is to loose 20lbs in 9 weeks. I will weigh and measure tomorrow and post the stats. If anyone feels like joining me with weekly weigh-ins then please do. Good luck!

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Hi Suse97. Like you I started and it was great, really effective. I too stopped. I’m starting again tomorrow and any support is great. Let’s share!

• posted by Suse97
    on

Hi TimeToChange, welcome!

So tomorrow my meal plan is

B: Overnight oats (12g oats, 100g full fat Greek yog, 70g berries, 1tsp seeds and 0.5tsp cinammon)
    L: Tomato and veg soup with 70g chicken
    S: Steamed salmon, courgetti (fried in oil with garlic and chilli)

Aim is to eat 200cals for b’fast, 200 for lunch, 350 for dinner and 50 reserved for snack (usually 8/9 almonds)

Must remember to drink lots and lots of lovely water!

Good luck!

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Thanks Suse97. Your food sounds great. I’ve decided to go with only eating either breakfast, or lunch during the working week as I found last time that this worked for me. I don’t eat much at work as I’m too busy so it’s easy to get through the day with one meal. I will be having full,fat Greek yoghurt, pecan nuts and raspberries. I do drink tea with skimmed milk and lots of water, both of which help when your body is hungry. Good luck hope the first day goes well for you!

• posted by Determined1
    on

Hi All, I to am starting today. Quite nervous, but have planned well (I hope) for when I haven’t got lots of social things planned! I have done the 5:2 before (a few years ago) which worked very well for me but I really need to lose a lot of stubborn belly fat so I’m hoping this will be the one for me. Had some natural yoghurt with linseed and 2 strawberries chopped into it for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and chicken with steamed veggies for dinner.
    Good luck everyone! Looking forward to sharing our success stories!

• posted by Chrysalis
    on

Hi all, I will come on board too if that’s ok. I have done the diet before and it is tremendous, but then I wasn’t in the best of health for a few months and fell off the wagon in good style, so looking to pick it up again. I used the forums a lot before and found them really helpful. I’m like you, time to change – busy at work so I often just take a protein smoothie for lunch (partly because I’m not very organized!), then a decent meal at night with lots of fresh veggies. If I start getting peckish I fill up on water and fruit teas 🙂

• posted by dokotela
    on

Hi All,
    I’d also like to join if I may.
    I do the 5:2 diet from time to time, but want to try this to shift some stubborn belly fat.
    Breakfast was 2 boiled eggs from the hens in my garden
    Lunch was 2 chopped tomatoes, 3 peeled carrots, 25g of hot chili cheese , salt, pepper and olive oil.
    Supper…..not sure yet.

Myself and a work colleague are doing it together, and have set up a WhatsApp group chat to keep each other motivated.
    I am hoping the forum/chat thing keeps me motivated.

Does anyone know if there is a section on here to load your results?

Cheers

• posted by Chrysalis
    on

Hi dokotela, there isn’t a section as such, although some threads have been set up for that. when I did this before, I weighed myself twice a week and reported back to the thread I was on at the time.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

As Chrysalis said if you want to start a diary thread, on whichever WOE you are using, then add your weight and measurements to that, it works quite well, that is what I did when I did the Fast 800. I haven’t done one yet for my maintenance strategy as I am not sure it is fixed yet, I am still experimenting. If you want a tracker with charts then the Fast Diet site has one, and I use CRON-O-METER which has some good charts as well.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Hi All. Day one done. It went really well. Full fat Greek yoghurt for brunch with pecan nuts and raspberries.
    Stir fry veg and spinach with left over roast lamb and cheese grated on top. Very tasty and it filled me up. Loads of water and cups of tea. Came in around 800 calories give or take. 45 min walk while at work. Felt less gassy after the excess of the holidays. Wondering how you got on today Suse97? I know what you mean about the belly fat Determind1, I’m the same. It’s the first place extra weight goes on for me. Looking forward to seeing it shrink! Doing this once before I found it especially effective on my belly.

• posted by Falldown7times
    on

Hi,

I’d like to join as well please. I am starting today.

I fear my 15 year old son is planning to make us macaroni cheese for dinner tonight. I am going to have to be one of those weird mothers who eats separate meals when the others cook pasta and rice based meals. At least until I have them re-educated. I’m not volunteering to cook every night!

• posted by Chrysalis
    on

morning all. my first day went pretty well too. Timetochange your menu for the day sounds fab! mine was less adventurous – protein shake with spinach and blueberries for lunch then egg and cheese salad for tea…surprising how good it tastes when you are starving! Hello falldown7times, I have 2 teenagers and I share your pain – been making separate meals for years! Have a good day all 🙂

• posted by Suse97
    on

Morning everyone, great to see so many of us on here – the more the merrier as I find reading these post through the day helps me stay focused. I had a good Day 1 in terms of food but had a terrible sugar-withdrawal headache (hardly suprising as I did go mad on the chocolate over Easter!) so I am hoping today will be easier.
    Today I will eat:
    B: overnight oats (always the same – I have to have breakfast as I have 3 young boys and I basically run around after them for 13 hours a day!)
    L: M&S ready meal (222kcals – just chicken and veg really but it’s a treat not to have to make anything)
    D: pork chop and stirfried veg
    Snack: Almonds

I’m a daily weigher and down 2lbs this morning which is very motivating, albeit it probably mainly water loss.

Have a lovely day all.

• posted by Determined1
    on

Morning everyone, so great to hear we’re all starting off well. Thankfully I didn’t find my first day yesterday too bad but that may have been because I ate so much over Easter that I was full up anyway!
    Had full fat greek yoghurt with linseed and fresh strawberries for breakfast, tuna with peppers and cucumber and balsamic dressing for lunch and chicken breast with steamed veggies for dinner. So good to be able to have 3 pretty decent meals out of 800 calories!
    I think for my first week I’ll keep my meals pretty standard so I don’t get confused and mess up until I get my head round it all but seeing some of your meal ideas, I think I’ll get more adventurous next week!!
    Have a fab day.

• posted by Determined1
    on

Hi All, just a quick note – I thought I’d treat myself to a diet coke this afternoon to get through the last hours at work! OMG it tastes so sweet! After only 2 days following this diet my taste buds are changing already! I don’t think I’ll actually finish the can as it tastes too sweet – I’m thinking this is a good thing?!

• posted by pod
    on

determined1! I know how you feel, after a few days I started to be able to smell suga! How weird is that!
    Easter Saturday I treated myself to a gin and zero calorie tonic, omg, it was sooo sweet I couldn’t drink it, I put a teaspoon of lemon juice in it!

on

Day 1 went ok. I did find myself thinking about food and the diet all day. I am on leave this week – more time to get organised and also more time to obsess. I taught the teenager to make a bacon, vegetable and bean soup instead of macaroni cheese. I was SOO hungry while I was in the kitchen teaching him though.

Confession- I have the book on order but it still hasn’t arrived, so I have tried to glean the principles from the website and use MyFitnessPal for the counting. I had
    B -eggs and red pepper
    L- chickpeas, tinned salmon, an apple
    D – vege, bacon and borlotti bean soup

I think maybe too much carb in that? I might cut out the apple and just have beans at one meal.

I love seeing everyone’s menus. Chrysalis I will see how I go, but I am hoping to manipulate my family into doing things my way 😏. I can see I will need something in the cupboard to eat for myself on pasta days though.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

In the early days I used to dream about the diet.

on

Sunshine-girl I haven’t dreamed about it yet but I could imagine that happening.

Huge weight loss this morning. As you said Suse97 it’s very motivating.

B: berries, yoghurt, nuts and an egg
    L: eggs, salad, olive oil
    D: fish, coleslaw

I felt much less hungry compared to first day. I thought I had a headache from the diet but then I realised I was drinking decaf coffee…

I am on a different time zone to most I think. Beautiful Friday morning here now😀

• posted by dokotela
    on

Morning all,
    after 3 days of the diet I feel good. Nowhere near as hard as I had imagined.
    Yes I’ve felt hungry at times, but I’m training my brain to enjoy the feeling of hunger!!
    I have been restrained and not tempted by left over Easter eggs, and all the biscuits and cakes at work.
    I find 2 boiled eggs each morning amazingly filling.

Hard to believe, but I’ve already lost 1.5kg!!!!
    Can’t quite believe it!

Keep going everyone!

• posted by Suse97
    on

Evening All,
    I’ve found today really tough. Had to get up at 5am and that really threw me as i was starving by 8am! (I normally get to mid morning for breakfast and that helps to push the other meals back too). I’ve definately gone over the 800kcals but haven’t totally fallen off the wagon. Some days just seem so much harder than others. I’m good with routine and planning and I tend to struggle when a curve ball is thrown at me – I guess that’s probably quite common.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend and finds a way to stick to the plan!

on

Suze97, being short of sleep also increases appetite, so that would have added to the change in routine effect. Well done that you didn’t totally fall off the wagon👍

I found day 3 really really hard and today much easier. I had some minor stresses and found myself driving people around about 6pm feeling desperately hungry, irritable and very fuzzy headed. I thought there’s no way I can keep doing this.
    Then my planning failed. I had packed a cold meal and the others were going to buy dinner from the night market, but it didn’t work out and we ended up in an Indian Restaurant. Oh well. I ate the curries without rice or naan. Not ideal but not so terrible.

Today has gone much better. I have the book now too. I made the vege frittata for brunch. I have decided to allow myself a couple of extra handfuls of leafy veges if I’m still really hungry after finishing a meal.

on

Morning. Day 6 and the hunger seems to have gone 🤞plus I’m losing heaps. Sweet!
    I hope everyone else is going well.

• posted by Fat Phil
    on

I started Easter Monday. Great first week (weighed in this morning – 11.5 pounds lost and blood sugar well down from 7.8 to 5.4). Looking to lose a total of 100 pounds. Should also start recording my blood pressure! Good luck everyone.

• posted by bigeater
    on

I started with the fast 800 on the 27th January. Lost quite a bit. I continued on with the BSD but noticed a little red wine crept in, as did a piece of fruit and a tiny bit of pizza. Tonight at my brother’s birthday dinner I ate half a small roast potato. I feel a bit annoyed with myself, I couldn’t resist it, it was on a fully served plate. I am finding that I am fine when left to my own devices but social situations are becoming increasingly tricky, pressure to drink, eat etc. Ultimately it is my choice though I don’t like calling attention to myself or my diet. Oh and I started on the 5.2. a week ago. Weightloss has continued since I finished the fast800 albeit a little slower. The main reason I am on the diet though is to deal with diabetes and note to self eating pizza bases and fruit and potato is not helping my cause. Anyway:) a few musings aloud. I need to stay disciplined.

Wish you all the best of success with your new way of eating

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Bigeater – I was exactly like you – I didn’t want to draw attention to myself by refusing food. Then someone on this forum said that no one else is interested in what you eat – they are much more interested in what they are going to eat.

I have found that to be so true and I no longer feel any pressure to eat unsuitable food on social occasions. Of course – if a friend or relative is cooking a meal for me I check that there will be some BSD friendly food I can eat. One of my daughter’s does the same when she comes to stay. She checks in advance that I have sugary starchy carbs in the house as she doesn’t want to only eat BSD friendly food.

If someone does try to pressure me – and this has only happened a couple of times – I have said that I am doing this to save my sight and to avoid an amputation of my right foot which was beginning to go numb. That is a real conversion stopper.

I think the drink thing is a bit more tricky. Luckily everyone knows that I am allergic to wine and have been for most of my adult life so no one ever pressures me to drink. Bailey’s was the only alcohol that I was ok drinking and when I stopped because of the BSD no one ever pressured me to drink it. I always have a glass of water in my hand or a cup of coffee on social occasions so no one really notices or is remotely interested that I am not drinking alcohol.

Good luck with your crusade against the demon diabetes. Although I am no longer injecting insulin and have really good blood sugars – I know that I cannot ever go back onto the foods that caused this horrible disease. But I absolutely love the BSD foods now so it is no hardship to keep to the BSD med style diet.

on

I had 2 glasses of wine and 2 carby things to eat last night and I had gained weight this morning. Plus I have a six-glass-of-wine type hangover! Social pressure. If I did have diabetes I would have spoken up but with this group of friends we have a ban on talking about diets…
    I’ve still lost 2.5kg in 6 days -one week anniversary tomorrow. I’m assuming my insides have grabbed on to some glycogen and held it along with the water to go with it, hence the temporary weight gain.
    Fall down seven times, stand up eight😀

• posted by pod
    on

I like your thinking Falldown7 times! Stand up eight!!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.