Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny …. so pleased you have flights booked …. how about the South Indian curry recipe before you go ???

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, your post has flipped us on to a new page of positives …. only 1 page away from 100 pages of positives now.

Okay, here’s the curry recipe, but please note, I haven’t any idea of cal/carb values, but don’t think it’s too bad. The dish is called South Indian Kinf Orawn Thokku
    Before you start cooking, put raw king prawns in a bowl with 2tbsp of yogurt, half spoon of turmeric and quarter tsp of chilly powder and a little salt and stir together.

Heat 2tbsp oil and add 1tsp mustard seeds, quarter tsp cumin seeds, 6 curry leaves and 1 thinly sliced onion. Mix well and cook until onion is translucent.
    Add 2tsp each of ginger and garlic paste and cook for about 3mins .. add a little water if the mix begins to stick.
    Once mix is light golden brown add 1 small chopped tomato and 200ml tomato passatta, cook on medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
    Add 1tsp each of ground coriander and sweet paprika, 1tsp agave syrup, again add little water if necessary. Allow to cook for a couple of mins and then add the prawns with marinade and cook until prawns are no longer translucent. Add 6 more curry leaves and more water if needed. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary and you’re ready to serve.

One more positive from me …. have just secured an appointment with my Turkish hairdresser for the day after we arrive…. condition treatment, cut and colour. One more thing to look forward to.🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Sunny I’ll give that one a try but will have to use fish rather than prawns as my OH doesn’t eat shellfish!
    There’s nothing quite like a hairdressing appointment to put a bounce into your step.
    I’ll pop back later with some positives.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hello all!
    I am writing from not-so-smoky Lake Tahoe, California where we have turned a corner in the two biggest wildfires (Caldor and Dixie) and we even got a substantial amount of rain last night which is so welcome! So lovely in our drought-desperate California.
    We have also become the first state in the United States to be declared to be on the backside of the Covid “Delta Wave”, which is also good news and I hope continues downward until we no longer even have to think about Covid anymore. Maybe we can put to rest the vaccination disagreements and end mask wearing — right now masks are a county-by-county decision (California is divided into 58 political regions) so you can drive three hours in California and have six different mask rules to deal with — it’s a bit funny when you stop for gas and a cup of coffee.
    All of which keeps everyone here a bit on edge — not so good for keeping cortisol levels low but we are moving on with real life.
    I am still (in Sunshinegirl’s words) “keeping on keeping on”. I love this way of eating — six years on.
    I have been reading a few comments about protein intake — I follow Dr Ben Bikman’s recommendations of 1-1.5 gr protein per kg of ideal body weight — I use the higher number — that has worked perfectly for me, controls hunger, can build muscle and feel great. If you haven’t checked him out, Dr Bikman is a lively podcast guest and his podcasts are very informative.
    My most interesting BSD experience revolves around fasting right now — the more I do it, the better I get. It took me months to get to 18 then 20 then 22 hours. Then months more to 24 hours (which seemed impossible) but now I can comfortably go 27 hours and I assume it would get better if I want to try but I am not sure if I want to push further, I am trying to keep myself in a steady and comfortable place, and pushing fasting “feels” stressful. Weird but worth listening to.
    I like the research that says that your health benefits from a very regular pattern of eating/sleeping/exercise (whatever that means for YOU).
    So when I get truly hungry, I eat.
    Actually, fasting is incredibly good for teaching your brain what “true hunger” feels like — it’s been an eye opener. And I never panic about mealtime anymore — I am calm when food is hours away.
    Stay strong! A lot of what we are doing today will pay off in a decade. Years of healthy life await!
    Julia

• posted by SunnyB
    on

CG, lits ofnlovely positives there, thanks for sharing. I’m with you on fasting …24hrs is about my limit, not helped by the fact OH doesn’t like me ‘not eating’. This means to fast I have to be sneaky. Have been fasting today, as he hasn’t been around, so will manage 24hrs today.

So I guess that is my first positive from today ..
    🥨 and the 2nd is that fasting has meant I’ve resisted all snacking.
    🙂 some lovely family time yesterday afternoon, we met DD and family at a classic car show and had a pleasant time
    🌸 have started to make some nature petal confetti for DD’s wedding next year. Have been gathering rose petals, little pansy flowers, anemones petals etc. frok my garden and drying them slowly in egg boxes placed at the back of the aga. Should have a nice little stash in time for the big day.
    Have to wash, as we’re about to go off on a road trip. More soon ….

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Everyone,lovely to see some very cheery and fun positives! SUNNY off to sunnier climes,VERANO jaunting off to Yorkshire, 👍👍and SUNNY,the Batman quote’s fantastic!
    DAWN,Hgs to yr mum! How’s she feeling and how’s yr Dad.xx I too struggle not to snack after my tea! I’ll think of you being good,and try to do the same. I like sthing while watching tv,a bad habit,but sometimes a 10 cal jelly is enough to do the trick,or a few frozen cherries from the freezer. Not quite the same as sthing crunchy tho. I know VERANO likes sthing crunchy and I get that! You can’t beat some crisps or a few nuts or snacks nibbly things..and a glass of wine or a g and t! * sigh*
    SUNSHINEGIRL! love yr words.. A lot of what we are doing today will pay off in a decade. Years of healthy life await! ❤️
    My positives..
    ~ Nice afternoon yesterday sitting in DDs garden,drinking iced coffee and chatting,while she trimmed her lavender bushes. Watching the cat patrolling his kingdom,pouncing on leaves and insects,and peering suspiciously through a gap in the fence at next doors dog! 😀😀😀
    *~ Lovely weather for going out today. Took a load of really nice stuff that DD had decluttered to the Cat Welfare shop. That entailed a lovely trip down Memory Lane as I used to live in the area. Went down the road where George Harrison,my fave Beatle,lived as a baby,and past the house where we lived ( not me and George unfortunately) for part of DDs childhood. Memories!🎶⭐️🎶⭐️🎶⭐️
    *~ Visited a tiny new deli in Penny Lane. Enjoyed browsing,tho didn’t buy anything. Will go in nearer Christmas for some treats.Beau bought a few bits and bobs,he loves Italian food! 🥰😘
    Something to remember..
    The ability to speak several languages is an asset,but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless! Xx
    🙂🙃 xx

on

Yowser, your quote is the best ever!!🤣

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks CALIFORNIAGIRL glad you like it..So sorry,just realised I called you SUNSHINE GIRL earlier,I always get the two names mixed up!
    Are you the Julia who used to be on the Fastday Forum,who was always so good at arranging challenges for us! X

• posted by OrangePandaMomma
    on

I’ve never posted here but I’ve always been curious about what you guys talk about. What a lovely and encouraging bunch you all are!
    So positives for today… Today instead of running off with my nose in a book, I took the time to do some Bible-based activities with my daughter. It was nice spending that quality time together and see her strong faith.
    My dinner was egg/chicken/tuna salad in cucumbers and despite my repeated failures in seasoning, it ended up delicious.
    My internal clock is changing so I’m able to wake up at decent time and also about avoid insomnia most nights.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi all and a special hello to Julia! Good to ‘see’ you again. We thought we were all confused by the ‘rules’ here in the UK but yours sound impossible. Anyway nice to hear from you again.
    Amz welcome to our little band. Sometimes it’s really difficult to find the positives and so we dip in and out of this thread. Last week I posted a happy ‘memory’ which I think has the same effect therapeutically…. you must have lots of beautiful memories with your daughter ….. we don’t always have to live in the ‘present’!
    Yowzer I too love your quote …. I have a ‘friend’ who could do with ‘keeping her mouth shut’, every time she rings me I end up agitated and she wonders why I don’t ring her!
    Ahh … fasting …. I finish eating around 7pm and then have tea at around 6am with a drop of milk …. does that break my ‘fast’? Anyway most days I don’t ‘eat’ until 12pm, 17hrs but I do have a few cups of coffee. Fasting is just something I can’t get my head around.
    Sunny hope you are enjoying/ enjoyed you road trip.
    Well to my positives……
    🚗🚘 Good drive on the motorway with virtually no hold ups and a nice sunny day.
    🏌🏻‍♀️🏨⛳️Staying in a hotel on a golf course but not all that positive really it’s a bit like Fawlty Towers! Took three rooms before we found one that was suitable, dinner …. well the less about that the better…. ended up eating a bread roll, which I haven’t done for over 5 years, because I was so hungry. So what’s positive? I’m away!
    That’s me for today. Hope the weather is pleasant wherever you are without any major issues …. Volcano erupting in La Palma and could be an earthquake on the way …. Sun due to shine here, hope it is there.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome ORANGEPANDA! X what a cute name,I love it!
    My positives…

*~ Amazing surprise today! Nephew has bought me tickets to see Roger Daltrey ( singer from the Who) late November! At our local theatre,have looked up their covid guidelines and they’re pretty rigorous. Hopefully will have had booster by then.
    *~ Big cricket match happening over the road today and yesterday..I’m not a fan and the guy commentating was a bit loud and irritating,but I do love the bustle and liveliness of an event. Tip for anyone looking for a male partner ( as long as you don’t mind an older man!) Go to a cricket match,there are plenty of silver fox spectators!😀😀
    *~ Been watching The Crown..not a royalist by any means,I wd prefer we didn’t have them,but I’ve enjoyed seeing the settings and styles of the 1950 s and 1960s …
    Can it really be Thursday again tomorrow! So soon!
    Quote for Thursday…” It’s your road and yours alone. Others can walk it with you,but no one can walk it for you” ( Rumi)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Had the frustration of being locked out of the forum last evening, by the spam filter…. this happened as I tried to submit a rather long positives post. Have been informed I’m reinstated now, so hopefully all will be well this time.
    Glad your break is going well V and wow Yowser …. that’s some gift… lucky girl!
    Anyway, actually don’t feel I can be bothered to rewrite all the positives I ‘penned’ yesterday, but nonetheless will find a few to offer up today …..
    🌼🌸 the natural confetti I’m making is coming on nicely, already have a litre ice cream tub full 🙂
    👖👚 a jumpsuit I ordered has arrived and it looks really good on … it will be coming to Turkey with me in 10 sleeps time.
    🤭 pre holiday waxing appointment booked.
    🙂 made arrangements to see grandson on Saturday and take a look at a local craft fair together.
    That will do for now, fingers 🤞 this will submit okay. Hope you have a positive or two to post and will share them with us soon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY,jumpsuits are sooo comfy! X
    My contributions for today…
    *~ The cricket match…whichever side won was very happy last night! The singing and cheering from the cricket club went on til late!🏏
    *~ Loving this sunny day with a hint of autumn in the air 🍂🍁🍂
    *~ Enjoy the craft fair SUNNy with GS! I’ve just read about a Christmas Market at Strawberry Field,end November..I love markets,and haven’t been to one for so long,so it’s sthing nice to look forward to.
    Hope everyone’s having a FeelGood Friday and looking forward to the weekend.
    Happy 🌻 date 🌸night 🌼SUNNY and OH! 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Ahh Sunny, natural confetti sounds like a wonderful idea….. will it stay ‘fresh’? Don’t want to douse the bride and groom with ‘stale’ perfume!!! Anyway just 9 sleeps to go, I’m so excited for you I almost feel like I’m going on holiday too!
    Yowzer, how wonderful, YES ‘YOU WILL GO TO THE BALL’! It will be a great concert just keep your eye on the prize.
    So, we got home earlier today from an exciting four days away. Hotel 1 was, as I said, like Fawlty Towers but OH loved it! How have we stayed married for almost 52 years? I have no idea !
    Anyway my positives…….
    1🏇🏇🏇 Had two lovely afternoons at race meetings even picked a few winners! Very fortunate to have had two great ‘Indian Summer’ days.
    2. 🥂 🛌🛁 Hotel no:2 was a whole different ball game! Superb Country House Hotel. OH had his birthday on Wednesday so we were given lots of ‘goodies’ …. upgraded to a suite and a bottle of wine.
    3. 🍤🍓🥂The hotel had an amazing 2AA rosette restaurant…… sorry…. but I just had to enjoy coconut panko crumbed prawns! Low carb begins again, in earnest, tomorrow!
    4.☀️🐿🦆 Woke this morning to a very late summer/ autumn day in Yorkshire. As Yowzer said … just a hint of autumn in the air. The squirrels were running amok, the air was fresh and the sun was shining. A great positive.
    So relaxed, refreshed and raring to go I’m ready for a good weekend, although washing will be involved!
    Hope everyone has a good weekend. Last weekend in September so let’s make it one to remember!

on

Such lovely events and thoughts! You all do my heart a world of good!
    Verano, oooh, happy birthday to your husband, Hotel #2 sounded fantastic (although I bet you laugh more about hotel #1 in the future🤣) and I would TOTALLY go for the coconut panko crumbed prawns — I mean, come on, how much panko could there possibly be on a few prawns? That’s WHY we do BSD, so we can eat coconut panko prawns to celebrate a one-a-year-birthday!
    Yowser, your cricket-for-men suggestion cracked me up! But good idea! Right? If you need male companionship, cricket game might be the perfect answer🤣
    SunnyB, I hope the craft fair with your grandson (sorry, I just get lost in your “lettering” relationships — it’s a Britishism which I came to understand while I lived there — instead of GS, I will just say grand son) — I am always writing down good ideas for grandparent/grandchild activities — I’m adding yours!
    And orange panda momma, chime in! Good to see you here on this thread. Our lives have been so limited in the last few months, let’s celebrate and move on and expand our world again.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Re: the confetti, Verano, I’ll store it in an airtight ‘lock-n-lock’ container, so I think it should be fine. Really glad you had a good break and yes, I’m super excited we’re off soon too.

Positives for today ….
    🧼 grandson and I visited a craft fair today and then we lunched together.
    ☘🌱 he wanted to do some gardening, do we spend and hour or so working in my garden. He says he finds gardening relaxing and it’s joy for me to be able to share that with him.
    🔨 this afternoon, OH finished building the new custom made TV unit in the living room…. it looks good.
    🧺 handwashed the delicate items I want to take away with us next week.
    📝 wrote a list of things we need to do, before our trip … PCR tests, locator forms etc

Well, that’s me, hope there have been positives for you today. Do come and tell us about them, time permitting.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone, a new week about to start/ has started,bringing us ever closer to SUNNYS holiday! 🥳
    My positives…
    *~ Just very thankful for a nice weekend,just doing things I wanted to do ..what more can you ask for,really!
    * ~ A few weeks ago,I mislaid the purse Beau and I use to keep “ going out” money in. We call it the Fun Money purse!
    There was no money in it when I lost it,we had spent the contents that day,but I was sad to lose it as DD bought it.
    Yesterday I went to the corner shop for a pint of milk,I had long life milk in the cupboard,but sthing made me decide to go..I don’t often visit our corner shop.
    When I entered,the shopkeeper held up our fun money purse and said,did you leave this here a few weeks ago?
    He said,I had a feeling it was yours. Very happy to have it back,and what a great shopkeeper!
    *~ DD at best friends hen event this avvo ( afternoon tea) She knocked to show me the outfit she was wearing..a lovely maxi dress and new bag and shoes. She looked lovely and had a great time.
    Take care everyone! XXX Enjoy the new week!For those like me,off to bed soon…
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️“ The stars are bright,turn off the light,I wish you a sweet and sound goodnight “ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon.
    So lovely, as usual, to read all your positives. Really wet here this morning but the sun came out this afternoon which is always a bonus. So my first positive……
    1.☔️🌈☀️Lovely autumn day.
    2. 🍞🥐🍪 Lots of carbs while away led to a 3lb gain but the positive is that 2 have already gone. A few days of low carb straight after a ‘splurge’ seems to do the trick these days.
    3. 🌶🍗🥦 Gochujang chicken tonight with green vegetables. Just love spatchcock chicken it cooks so quickly and this one has been marinating all day!
    4. 🧺 Caught up with my ironing and almost with all my washing today …. so all good.
    Have a lovely evening …. stay positive!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, how lovely to get the lost purse back and glad your DD had an excuse to dress up and enjoy herself, we all need that occasionally.
    V, great news about ditch two of those three gained pounds.

Positives from my little corner of Somerset ….
    🌱 harvested more of my lavender, this time for one of my neighbours.
    📝 getting things ticked off the pre-travel check list. Ordered PCR tests and booked the tickets for the train leg of our journey.
    ☀️ sunnier day than I was expecting, which meant a bit more work in the garden was possible …. quite pleased with how tidy it’s looking.

Just three will do for me today …. how about you…. care to share?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,just a few days left to enjoy September! Make the most of it!
    VERNO well done getting back on track carb wise!
    SUNNY yes an unexpectedly nice afternoon here too!
    *~ Out to feed birds/ ducks today. Lovely and sunny at the park lake. Then we tried to help a woman who had lost a bunch of keys..her car,home AND work keys!
    I found one key but obvs not hers…then she said to her dog,”Olly,find my keys!”,and he raced off and found them. He was really excited! !❤️ ( Not sure why she didn’t ask him in the first place. They play find the keys at home,but I guess she didn’t think he could do it outdoors. What a clever boy!)
    *~ Half way thru a film I’m enjoying on Netflix..”The Starling”.
    *~ Looking for slippers for Beaus granddaughter for Xmas,Age 10. I really love browsing online for gifts. Think I’ve found the perfect pair..velvet ballerina slippers,will see what her Mum thinks. Might get some for myself anyhoo! 😀xx
    Read this today,made me smile! Author unknown..
    “Beware of half truths,you may get hold of the wrong half! “ 🙂🙃 so true isnt it! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Do like that quote Yowser and soooooo true.

Positives here are …..
    🙂 PCR tests arrived promptly as promised and OH collected money from bank today, ready for our break …. two more things ticked of the To Do list.
    🍳 bit of a panic this afternoon, as I found the aga had drastically lost temperature. Transpired
    that somehow it had accidentally been turned off … thankfully OH has it alight again and it’s coming up to temp now. Had to haul the Foreman grill and the steamer out of the cupboard, to cook this evening’s dinner …. good job we still have them.
    💪have been making an effort to do a some toning exercise every day … going well so far.

What positives can you find? We’d love to read about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope yr tests are Ok SUNNY and glad Agas behaving itself again! Beau had covid test this morning,has to isolate til Fri pm when he goes for endoscopy,which he has every two to three years.
    My positives!
    *~ Two fleecy hoodies that were too tight now fit,just in time for chilly autumn walks
    *~ Been conker hunting..sun was peeping out and it was quite warm…my friend came along litter picking and picked up loads of conkers for me with his litter stick!
    *~ Lazy afternoon ahead. Done washing,been for a walk,finished some necessary paperwork. Now trotters-up time with my book and a cuppa! XX enjoy your Wednesdays folks! XX
    ⭐️🌻🌼⭐️ “ If you want to find happiness,find gratitude” ( Steve Maraboli) ⭐️🌻🌼⭐️

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope your Beau gets on okay on Friday, Yowser. Another great quite too, thanks for sharing.

My positives today are ….
    🙂 aga nicely back to temp this morning, after it’s little upset yesterday.
    🥘 made cottage pies for dinner today. Topped mine with cauli mash, made with roasted cauli this time …. didn’t look pretty but was really yummy.
    🛏 made the bed up fresh and now it’s getting cooler the duvet has gone back on, will be all ready for the chills of Nov when we come back from Turkey.

We’d love to know what positives you found today … ….like to share?

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Clothes fitting, fresh bed linen, Xmas presents, cottage pies (must try roasted cauliflower I use cauliflower and broccoli mixed together) and conker hunts all sound like ‘beautiful things’!
    Thought I should list a few positives so as not to let the ‘side’ down……
    1. 🥦🧅🥦 Made my first huge pan of ‘winter’ soup yesterday … back into the swing of batch cooking.
    2, 🚿✂️🎀 New hairdo today …. I have a home hairdresser so roots done, used a new shampoo and conditioner, pinched from our last hotel stay! , and my hair feels wonderful and looks soooo shiny. So all good.
    3.🎎🏮🥢 Have friends coming for a Thai takeaway tonight so no hassle, no work for me but just a lovely laid back evening with friends. Ohh how I’ve missed friends and laid back evenings over the last 18 months.
    Let’s hope this winter is a little more normal than last….. will just have to take one day at a time and wait and see …….
    Have a good night!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, how lovely to get your hair done and it sounds like you have a fun evening lined up, so enjoy! As you say, let’s hope the coming months are better than last year.

So, not sure what positives I can find for today, but here goes …..
    ☕ amazon delivered decaf coffee pods today … double win as we were completely out of them AND for once they weren’t over packaged.
    🌧 has been a rainy day, but the garden really needs it, so even if it’s a bit irksome and stops me from gardening, I’m trying to be grateful.

Think that might be it for me today, but if you have anything positive going on, please tell us about it.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi chums,Fridays here and a new month! Big fanfare! 🥳🥳🥳🥳
    SUNNY I love that you got a parcel that wasn’t over packaged! Makes a welcome change! VERANO,lovely to have shiny locks!
    Managing to squeeze a few positives from today…
    *~ First October and a lovely sunny breezy day here,leaves falling gently.
    *~ Grateful for little circular bus,takes me from front door to shops AND back in 40 mins. I went out at 1:10,back home by 1:50 after posting a parcel,going into supermarket,and going to the chemists. Love it when I can get several little tasks all done in 40 mins and be home again!
    *~ Grateful for free medication. As an over 60 prescriptions in Uk are free and being on thyroxine,which is free to any age,plus it allows you to have other necessary items free. Yes I’ve paid my N.I. Contributions all my life but very thankful for the work of all NHS staff,pharmacists and their assistants! 💜
    *~ I’ve got a number 4! Going out now for a stroll round the block with my little four legged friend Teddy..he is ALWAYS up for it,even tho he’s 14 now ❤️
    Enjoy the weekend everyone! As they used to say on Ready Steady Go ( teen music tv programme,Friday evenings in the 60s…) “ The weekend starts here!” XXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, some lovely positive there … hope you enjoyed your walk with Teddy.

I certainly gave positives today …
    🧪 both our covid tests came back negative … we are DEFINITELY setting off for Turkey tomorrow … can’t explain how excited I am!!!!
    ☂️ the little boy a couple of doors away, won 2nd prize for the best decorated umbrella at school today … he brought his certificate to show us.
    🐍 our neighbours have a whole family of slow worms living under an old plant tray in their garden …. they are really cute.
    🌸🌼 sowed a big batch of wild flower seeds in the lawn today, hopefully some will take and next year’s ‘mini-meadow’ will face a bit more colour.

Not sure when I will be posting again, possibly not until we are in Turkey, but if you have any positives, please share them so others can join in your celebrations of life.

• posted by Verano
    on

Happy travelling Sunny, safe journey but above all ENJOY!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Will do my best V … 🤭🤭🤭

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks!
    *~ Well my first post has to be SUNNY and OH s negative tests 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 happy hols you guys!
    *~ Turned tv on to find Concert for George …tribute concert held at the Royal Albert Hall for the wondrous George Harrison when he died. Have watched it a ton of times but always happy to watch again and sing and dance along ❤️ RIP George,always in our hearts x
    *~ Got a text from GP today to book flu jab 👍
    Have a fantastically positive week everyone!
    “All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” ( George Harrison)
    “ Love one another” ( Georges last words)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, that concert is fabulous, we’ve watched it a few times and never tire of it …. and every time it blows my mind how like George Dhani is. Just a great tribute concert in every way.

Frustratingly, a few hours after getting our neg test results, we heard Turkey had decided to dropped the requirement for those double vaccinated visitors from UK, so we could have saved ourselves £130 and the stress of waiting on the results!! Still, belt and braces for this visit, hopefully next spring will be much less stressy in the organising.

Anyway, to positives…..
    🌞 we’re here in our apartment and relaxing in to our Turkish routine. Was an arduous and exhausting journey to get here, in transit for close on 24hrs, but so with it!
    📶 after a dodgy start yesterday, looks like our wifi connection here is up and running properly again. Thankful for being able to keep contact with friends and family while we’re here.
    🤝 have started to catch up with our friends here already and are making plans to go further afield to see others.
    💇‍♀️ my hair appointment for the full works is in a couple of hours time …. excited to be getting that sorted after almost a ten month wait.

There are and will be more positives I’m sure, but that will do for now, will check in periodically and add more when I can. Stay positive folks and please share a few of your high points with us too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope you’re settling in now SUNNY! And hope you’re happy with your hair x
    As for me on this Monday!….
    *~ Grateful and relieved not to be in hospital today (or dead😀) ….nearly got mown down. Turned a corner,minding my own business, when elderly guy came careering into me,dead fast round the corner on his bike,nearly knocked me over backwards.He cdnt stop apologising.
    Stop apologising and start riding on the road not the pavement,you twerp! – and slow down! 🙄
    *~ Fed the ducks and birds in the park,nice and sunny,just got back to the car before it poured down 🦆🦆🦆🦆
    *~ Was v good today…bought Beau some mince pies,but none for me 😇 Gave cashier a five pound note,items came to exactly £5…but he gave me change from £20. Gave him £15 back,didn’t want his till to be out,don’t know if they have to put it in themselves if it’s under.
    *~ Saw the Magical Mystery Tour going along,full. Good to see people returning to the city,and all wearing masks 👍👍- too many people have completely stopped taking precautions – and even give you weird looks coz you’re wearing a mask 👀👀👀 😀😀
    Take care everyone!🙂🙃
    🍁🍂‘ A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles ‘ xx🍂🍁

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

My positives for today,a good day,hope same for you! xx
    *~ New cosy slippers with rabbit ears and bobtails on back of them came in the post today… our lovely postman made me laugh this morning singing 🎶You’re Just Too Good to be True 🎶 when he delivered them
    *~ Also got letter with photo of cat I’m sponsoring from Cats Protection..she’s called Princess and she’s expecting kitties! She’s really pretty!😸
    *~ Had a good tidy out of hall cupboard this afternoon,found useful stuff I had forgotten about! 👍
    *~ Enjoying the weather today,it’s bracing but bright,makes me feel wide awake! 🥰 xx
    “ The best six medicines anywhere that no one can deny are : fresh air,sunshine,water,rest,exercise and diet”
    ( I would add laughter to that list) XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, thank goodness your near miss wasn’t more serious!
    My positives are ….
    👩‍🦰 really pleased with my hair …. darker than usual, but with bright flashes of Ruby red… love it! Will definitely be having it refreshed before we head home.
    🍋 market day today, so bought in some lovely fresh fruit and veg …. a whole kilo of fresh figs for a smidge less than £3!!!!
    🌞 am getting into my routine of activity in the morning and laying in the sun reading in the afternoon …. bliss.
    🛵 OH repaired the mirror on his scooter today, which had started to flap around. It’s our main transport while we’re hear, so good to have it in good order.

Whatever your positives are please remember to take a moment to tell us about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY your holiday sounds absolutely perfect! So glad you’re both having a good time,you’ve both been very busy and need a break. I love imagining the two of you zipping along on yr scooter,your glossy locks shining in the sun!
    My day has been good…
    *~ Rainy now but was sunny and warm when we were in the park earlier. Guy sitting playing guitar by the lake,was so soothing!
    *~ Thrilled to find our favourite place,the Peace Cafe in the park,is now open again,yipppeee!
    ~ My neighbour with lovely doggy Ted today has moved today. Will miss knocking for him to go for a walk,but on the upside,I’m looking forward to visiting her ( post booster) in her new pad in Woolton,which as VERANO would no doubt testify,is a gorgeous little historic village with plenty of good eateries and an old fashioned cinema which has usherettes and an interval! ( did you know V that it’s opening again!)

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Yowzer that was a close shave but glad all was well and Sunny your new hair sounds great … nothing better than a refreshed hairstyle to boost morale.
    I thought it was about time I found some ‘positives’ so here I go……
    1. 🍽🥦🐟 Lunch out today with SIL which was lovely as we’ve not met up for quite a while.
    2. 👩🏻✂️ First hair wash since last cut and WOW still looking great…. the acid test!
    3. ☀️✈️⛱ Re-booked a trip, cancelled from April 20, for March 21 …. fingers, toes everything crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻 …. but hey who knows!
    I have to be honest, the change of the seasons isn’t really being kind to me, and I’ve been feeling a bit gloomy despite my few ‘highs’, so I will do my very best to pop in everyday just to post even one ‘positive’.
    In the meantime have a lovely weekend …. may the sun keep shining on us!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope that trip works out VERANO! ,sorry to hear you feel a bit down. Knowing we’re looking at months of wintry weather ahead doesn’t help,does it,so I’m glad you lunched out today while weather was so nice.
    That’s my first positive…
    *~ Fantastic weather today….been out and about enjoying it. People were dressed like it was mid July! Hope weather was same for you wherever you are.
    *~ Another near miss for me today! Avoided a trip to A and E yet again. This time a young guy just cycled straight out in front of me. Ever get the feeling someone out there doesn’t like you? V grateful to get home in one piece! Cyclists,please remember,those newfangled things called pavements are purely for pedestrians!😀
    *~ Bought vouchers to treat my DD to a course of massages…very thankful to be able to do that. She has some health probz and the treatments really help. …thankful for the lovely therapists who work hard, and it was lovely to be in the tranquil surroundings of the treatment rooms for a short time.
    Have a good weekend everyone,whatever you’re doing!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Yowzer so sorry to hear about yet another near miss but at least it was that, and not a hit! I stepped out of a shop about 22 years ago and was knocked down on the pavement by a bike which led to me needing my first hip replacement. I was only 51 at the time and was hit in my right thigh, not long after that I needed a replacement! Anyway, that’s history but I think we should all try and be very much more aware of mad cyclists and also now these ‘e’ bikes on our pavements!

Well I promised to pop in ‘everyday’ , huge promise! But, I’m here so …….
    1. 🖥🏯⏰ Had a really lazy day today catching up on ‘A House Through Time’ which I find absolutely fascinating. Makes me so happy to be living today and not in the 19th century.
    2. 🍗🌶🥦 Bonus number 2 ….. takeaway tonight so no cooking tonight…. always a positive!

Well I promised ‘1’ but I’ve managed 2.
    Please post any ‘positives’, no matter how insignificant they might seem, they all help to keep us smiling,

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks!
    VERANO! How dreadful about what happened and it’s long term effects on you. I wish people wd just THINK before being so anti social and reckless and putting innocent people in danger.
    My positives for today,it’s been an uneventful day but I’m grateful for that,so that can be
    *~ positive number one!
    ~ * got a food delivery,nothing missing. Got some wildlife coconut balls to hang from the trees tomorrow..the birds need the fat as the weather gets colder
    *~ just about to watch a film,feet up,full tum,and a cup of tea next to me, Livin the dream!😀
    🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶 Enjoy yr Sat/ Sun everyone! 🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, so pleased to see you posting positives more regularly… and if nothing comes to mind from the day, perhaps share a positive memory instead.
    Yowser, after your near misses, I think an uneventful day is a huge positive!
    Apologies for not posting positives for a few days, but here goes …..
    🍳 just had a lovely breakfast by the sea with friends… wonderful to be able to eat outdoors in the sunshine.
    🍷planning a trip to the Pamukkale wine region, enjoying doing the research, but looking forward to some wine tasting more🤭.
    📚 two books down and into my third, so good to have nothing much else to do, than lay in the sun reading.
    Whatever is happening, I hope you can find a positive to share with us …. doesn’t have to be a new one or anything huge, but we’d love to share in any pluses with you.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Taking vicarious pleasure in hearing about yr holiday SUNNY!
    My positives today,it’s had a sixties vibe!
    *~ My shower isn’t working,not a positive, but just waiting for the guy to come out. Quick service! 👍
    Enjoyed going back to my life as a kid 50s/60s and having a wash in the sink!😀
    *~ Watched a documentary on tv about the Cavern…took me back in time to the sixties yet again!
    *~ The sixties theme kept going ….emailing with old school pal about our school day memories! Some funny memories of the nuns who taught us. We could get away with a lot really. A friend had a photo of a gyrating Elvis taped to her desk lid,and an elderly nun was ready to give her a telling off,but said,Well, he looks like a very nice boy! when friend explained it was a photo of her brother. 😀
    🍁🍂🍁🍂 Another week about to start,hope it’s a good one full of positive things for everyone 🍁🍂🍁🍂xxx

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Reported meriduaha as possible spam post.

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Reading meriduahas’ post made me splutter in disbelief. You couldn’t make it up – forget that, they did!! PMSL at the SO obviously made up benefits of such a pretty useless product sold at a very high price to very gullible people.

• posted by JGwen
    on

LindaandHubby
    We do get scammers joining the forum to post, if you see a link and its not from a regular poster its best to not click on it. – What we do to save the admin from getting multiple reports of scammers, as well as reporting we always post on the thread saying reported.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi all,have been enjoying reading your positives,Yowzer thank goodness the cyclist didn’t collide with you!Sunny,lying in the sun reading sounds blissful to me🌞I haven’t watched A House Through Time for ages but used to really enjoy it so going to see if I can download some on sky to watch.Some positivess from me:
    🌞 Lovely Sunny,crisp Autumn day here
    🙂 DH came home from cycle ride yesterday with tub full of conkers so I’ve distributed them throughout the house to help prevent spider visits,it does seem to work!
    🙂 Have bought brand new Kim and Co cardigan on eBay for half the price it is normally
    Hope everyone has a good day.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁
    hiiiii DAWN I’m glad you’re spidey proof now! I’ve just been putting some conkers along my window ledge!
    Hope everyone is feeling fine and dandy!
    My small positives to share…
    *~ Been to two parks today. Lovely sunny afternoon,so fortunate to have these nice days in October
    *~ Made the mistake of missing lunch before we went out,leading to me being hungry and wanting cake from the delicious looking display when we had a coffee,but resisted. So pleased that I did..about 12 weeks in now with no slip ups!
    *~ Bought some beautiful Christmas cards and very festive wrapping paper,just looking at it makes me feel happy!
    A great thought…
    Don’t treat people as bad as they act..Treat them as good as you are xxxx
    🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello and a special ‘hello’ to our new & returning posters, it’s always good to have new ‘faces’!
    Dawn thanks for the conker tip, I seem to have lots of ‘young’ creatures gathering in the corners of my home!
    My day has been the usual sort of day I suppose but just with a few ups and a few downs ……
    1. 🎀👧🎠 The not so good …..Beautiful granddaughter had near miss on her ‘horse’ not the living breathing type, but the positive ….. all was well, a little shocked but not hurt.
    2.👨🏻‍🎓👨‍🌾📖 The not so good ….. Wonderful eldest grandson has covid, school is rife, but the positive is he’s well with very few symptoms apart from a cough. Have sent my soup recipe!!!
    3. 🍸🍷🥜 And as for me, drinks and nibbles with friends late Sunday afternoon that turned into evening …. nothing beats good company!
    Hope everyone is well and there are positives, even if we have to dig deep sometimes .
    So tomorrow is our wedding anniversary…… 52 years …. even I can’t believe it …. a young immature girl marring a ‘man’ over 7 years older ….unthinkable …. but time has passed and I think it was probably a ‘positive’ move! First positive for tomorrow…. lunch out!
    Have a good evening!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO! Happy Anniversary! Congrats to you and D! Yes! It was deffo a positive move! You are still together 52 years later 💜❤️ 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 enjoy lunch tomozz..where are you going? 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Sorry to hear about the grandchildren,but v relieved for you that both are doing ok. Kids are very resilient X

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh congratulations Verano! 52 years is great! I hope you have a lovely day!
    We just celebrated our 11 year anniversary, but more excitingly, just before christmas it will be 20 years since we met, which is half of my life time! There we go – a positive from me!
    Next one….. sun is due to shine today….. beginning to think i should do this at the end of the day rather than the beginning…..but I’ll just reflect on yesterday!
    Went for a lovely walk in the dark with hubby, was nice to get back to doing that, get some good focused catching up time.
    My dad turned 86 on Friday just past – we took him for his first ever afternoon tea (I joined in and did not feel good for it – another real opportunity to recognise that i really do not get on with sugar!) But dad had a good time and is looking rather good! Also managed to get him a visit to a friend who has vintage cars, he got a wee run out in a very fancy 1920’s number. Love being able to find ‘experiences’ for him rather than material gifts.
    The talk of spiders has made be smile – we have similar problems, although vey kindly one of the cats quite enjoys eating them….. I just leave him to it, its disgusting but he is happy and it solves a problem!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.