Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    Thought I’d just pop in and read all your positives. Wedding dresses, new plants even new credit cards all sound joyful.
    All good here so must add a few positives to this thread ……
    1. Yesterday I started to tackle my mountain of ironing that has grown out of all proportion since the warm weather started …. feeling brighter now that the ‘mountain’ now looks like Ben Nevis rather than Mount Everest!!
    2.🥂🥗🍉 Had a lovely afternoon lunch here with 26 friends in the garden just over a week ago ….. what joy to feel ‘normal’ again.
    3. 🍅🧅🥩 Cooking a cottage pie with cauliflower mash tonight for the first time ….. looks good, smells good ….. just hope it tastes good!
    Hope everyone has a good week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, wonderful to see you posting and you’ve bumped us on to a new page of positives too! Your lunch with friends sounds great and I hope you enjoy the cottage pie … I sometimes make that and really enjoy it.

Positives from my little corner today are ….
    💁‍♀️ lovely having granddaughter stay and we caught up with eldest grandson this morning too. The three of us are going into town together tomorrow.
    👓 collected new glasses today …. can see properly!
    🙏 have so many blessings to count … a roof over my head, food in the fridge, clothes to wear and shoes on my feet, a comfortable bed, good health, loving family and friends …. a privileged life all in all.

Hope your day has shown you some positives and that you might share them here with us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,happy Tuesday!
    My positives,got four today I think..🥳🥳🥳🥳

*~ I love this! A chimney sweep found a letter to Santa! They have reunited the letter with a man, now in his sixties,who as a 5 year old,asked for a gun and caps and a sheriff’s badge ( and got them)💙💜 and in a way eventually became the sheriff as he has recently retired from the police force!😀
    *~ Good news to hear…our local train stations are said to be covid free ( for the moment at least!) due to thorough cleaning and also due to people wearing masks. 👏👏
    *~ DD was involved over the weekend with an online literary and historical festival. She worked very hard at putting it together and received several compliments and accolades for it ( Proud Mum❤️…specially as she does so well at work despite being limited by her health problems)
    *~ Was told today I look noticeably slimmer! Always nice to hear isnt it! 🙂🙃
    🦋 “ May blessings of love,laughter and joy fill your day” 🦋 xxxxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, lovely batch of positives. How lovely someone complimented you on being slimmer. Great story about the Santa letter and so good that DD had a successful virtual festival too.

Positives from here today …..
    👩‍👧‍👦 lovely day with oldest and youngest grandchildren. We mooched around the shops, had lunch and a good chat.
    🙂 getting to know our new neighbours … really friendly young couple, keen to become part of the village community.
    🌹noticed roses are starting to bud with their second wave of flowers for the summer.

Enjoy your evening folks.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy folks! SUNNY I reckon those new neighbours are lucky to get you as a neighbour!

*~ Five solid weeks low carb now,it does get easier,but I still occasionally yearn for hot buttered toast!
    *~ Booked two nights away at end of Oct for me and overworked DD! Only very local..…(Wirral) and very quiet as that’s exactly what she needs,wish we could go sooner.
    *~ Just having a lovely cuppa. I do love a cup of tea!
    ~ * Oh,and number four..starting a new audiobook tonight when I go to bed…sometimes helps me to drop off!
    Hope the week ahead will be a good one for everybody xxx and remember..
    There is only one today! Celebrate the small moments!🥳👏🥳👏🥳👏🥳👏🥳 xxxxx

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, I haven’t posted here for ages but today I noticed the spring flowers blooming all over my garden and it’s made me very happy so here I am.
    And also, my daughter in law face timed me so I could have a chat with my two year old granddaughter which was lovely. She was very talkative and showed me all the games she has been playing, she’s grown so much since I last saw her. She also told me that her mummy is growing a new baby which was a surprise and a very happy one.
    We’re having a spell of winter sunshine and tomorrow is supposed to be 24 degrees so that will be me soaking it in on the back deck 🙂

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Wow Mariet those are wonderful positives!!

I have a few…..
    – garden (in the loosest sense of the word – its quite wild) is doing well but we also have a nice collection of very wild raspberries this year! I do have one dilemma though……. by far the thing that is looking most successful in the garden is my potatoes…. what the devil am I going to do with them? Hubby and dad going to be very fed up of them I fear. Quite excited that i actually managed to grow them….well i think i have, there is lots of green and they are starting to flower….. must be ready to dig some up!
    – by the time i am 40 i will be able to say i have run a marathon!! Totally crazy i realise, but feeling awesome for it!
    – my little horse continues to be awesome, won another sash at a championship thingy, technically qualifying him for another national thingy….. not sure we will make the 10hr journey this time though. He’s has a busy few months!
    – family, work, life, all ticking along ok. Not sure the “opening up” of scotland will make a huge difference to me….. well other than a night away for my birthday which should be more relaxed…… work arrangements will remain i think and i have no intention of frequenting nightclubs!!

I do love keeping up with everyone positives, even if I’m not posting a lot.
    🙂
    Julz

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry for not posting here for awhile, but it’s great to see others sharing positives.
    Marietta what wonderful family news…. exciting!
    Yowser, lovely to have a mini-break to look forward too and I’m sure both you and DD will have a great time.
    Julz, your garden sounds very productive and I’m sure you can find a couple of people to share in your potato bounty. Excellent news about your horse too.

Okay, well let’s see what positives I can find ….
    🙂 lovely family evening last Friday with both sons visiting with their families…. hectic, but so nice to see them all.
    👫 our new neighbours came to dinner last evening, was good to get to know them a little
    🛍 two new tops and four new cocktail glasses bought in charity shops this morning.
    🙂 OH has almost finished wallpapering the wall from living room and up the stairs…. really pleased with it.
    Have a good week people … stay positive and keep us posted on the highlights.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Gahhh! My email vanished! Grrrr..
    MARIET what lovely news you have,chat with little GD,new baby on the way,and spring nearly here!💜💜💜
    WINDY thats REALLY awesome about the marathon👏👏 Oh I wd love some of yr spuds! Feels so long since I’ve eaten one.
    SUNNY well done on extending hospitality to yr new neighbours..and can yr OH come round to mine for some decorating when he finishes yours!😀
    My positives..
    *~The lovely SUNNY sent me a copy of her village newsletter! which was a very interesting read and impressive…
    she lives in a lively friendly place where people seem to love to get together and support each other
    *~ Just had results of blood tests..I have a slight problem that my blood doesn’t quite clot as easily as it should… led to me needing blood transfusions post childbirth and hysterectomy. Anyhoo latest test shows it as borderline now,so,an improvement,could have been worse. Plus thin blood I think might equate less likelihood of stroke?🤔
    *~ Just been wandering about my flat,trying to trace where a clicking noise is coming from…eventually realised it’s just my lovely neighbour upstairs on her exercise bike!she probably goes looking for mice when she hears my rebounder squeaking!😜 she looks very good for her efforts to stay active.
    Take care peeps!🌷🌷🌷
    Wise words..
    “ Forget the mistakes,remember the lessons! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, your seekimg the strange clicking noise made me smile. Long time ago, when we were decorating DD’s room, there was a spooky thudding heartbeat noise in the house. Took sometime to realise that DD’s teddy bear with a heartbeat mechanisms, was pinned under a box on the bedroom floor and the floor/ceiling cavity was amplifying the beat!

Positives for today …..
    🙂 happy upbeat message from friend in India
    📞 phone call with Mum resulted in arrangements for her and Dad to come and visit for a few days, a week from Friday.
    📅 quiet relaxing day, no stress and no hassle
    Hope your day has been a good one and that you’ll find a moment to share a positive or two. Have a good evening/morning.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Checking in with a few positives for Thursday ….
    🛍 nice little charity shop haul, a necklace (£3), a bracelet (£1) and a huge wooden bobbin loaded with thick twine (£6), which was formally in use at administer carpets.
    👜 finally got around to repairing a favourite bag, which had become rather worn. It just needs a whirl on the washing machine and it should be fit to use again.
    🌹treated myself to a new miniature rose and a new yellow orchid with crimson streaks at the edge of the petals … looks like it’s been painted🤭
    📱 great video chat with friend in Turkey, from the wedding reception of another friend’s grandson.
    That’s me for today …. wonder what tomorrow will bring?!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,just calling to wish everyone a good week ahead,full of positivity and cheeriness!
    SUNNY I Love the sound of yr charity shop haul! X 💜
    My positives,can I scrape a few together…yes there’s always something to be happy about!
    *~ DD visited me yesterday. Despite living only two mins away at most,we have been so careful about only speaking on the path/ garden/ while having a little walk. So nice to sit in my lounge for half an hour and chat,for the first time in 18 months.
    * ~ She brought me freesias ( my favourite flower) little cakes ( which I made her take back home tho I really wanted them!) a set of pretty teatowels and an M and S gift voucher.
    *~ Also brought a lot of unused unwanted toiletries,all good brands,which ive put into groups and made up into gift bags for my local cat rescue to sell/ raffle to raise funds
    *~ Six weeks now of low carbing and feeling much sleeker for it! Yayyyyyy go me!
    🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻 Keep smiling and take care..you are all very precious! XXX 🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ooo Yowser, I love freesias too. I planted 25 bulbs earlier this year and not one of them has produced anything😔.

Apologies for not being here posting positives over the weekend, time seemed to drift away ….
    💘 greedy, but we had two date nights… one on Friday at our village pub and one at home on Saturday, which I catered.
    🙂 so nice to visit our pub, first time since they reopened after a shutdown which started at the beginning of the first lockdown.
    🌳 some real gardening happening again, including giving our bay tree a serious tidy up, as it had become very unruly.
    🧹 prep has started for my parents visiting at the end of this week … looking forward to spending time with them.
    Hope there are positives in your life … please take a moment to tell us about one or two of them, we love to read them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Must be time for some positives ….
    🌱 got out in the garden and sorted out a couple of plant containers. There are a few overdue garden jobs to get done, so will be trying to find a bit more time to commit to my plants.
    📷 received some photos from a friend, of renovations to his property … it looks wonderful. Itching to visit to see it for myself.
    🧺 two lots of laundry done and put away, just two more to do tomorrow to get up to date.
    What positive has come your way today? Don’t keep it a secret, please share.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,sorry I’ve had busy time recently so haven’t got round to posting as positives happened so some retrospective ones here!
    🎉DD passed all of her GCSEs,such a relief!
    🌺 A few of my dahlias have flowered(my first ever attempt at gardening! )they’re dinner plate variety so very impressive display.I planted them late because of late frosts so not sure whether all of them will flower but I’m just chuffed that any have😃
    🙂My sister and I were able to visit my Dad in his room at his care home for the first time on Monday and stay for an hour.He slept for half of the visit but we didn’t mind,it was just lovely to be with him properly at last after a long fourteen months.Only two visitors are allowed at once so my Mum and sister are going next time.We wanted to make sure he was ok before my Mum visits.
    Sunny I hope you have a lovely visit with your parents.So pleased you had a lovely visit with your daughter Yowzer and brilliant willpower resisting the cakes!I unfortunately HAVEN’T been resisting cakes😭 Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done DAWNs DD 👏👏 Lifes not been easy for the school kids this last year or so. And Dawn I’m so pleased you’ve had time with yr Dad 💙 nothing better than time spent with loved ones is there! SUNNY enjoy yr weekend with mum and pops XX
    My positives..
    *~ Upside of no bread in the house – crumb free kitchen! Requires less sweeping 👍
    *~ Enjoying getting up in the morning and first lovely thing I notice is my vase of freesia on the windowsill
    *~ Have found a few conkers,usually don’t see them til Sept. I collect them and put in corners/ on windowsills as they seem to deter spiders…. Apparently spidies hate the smell of conkers but how the heck did somebody work that out? Anyway it works for me,spidies in my home are very few and far between..which is a big positive for me,as I’m scared stiff of the creepy leggy blighters!
    Thursday again folks..where do the days go..keep smiling and take care xx
    Positive thought for the day..
    🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻 “ I received two gifts this morning. I opened my eyes “ 🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone just a quickie to say have a good week friends!
    *~ One positive for all of us..we are all relatively safe,got access to food,water,shelter…spare a thought for those in trouble torn countries like Afghanistan and let’s count our blessings today xx
    *~ The top I’m wearing has gone longer and looser…yippppeeeee! I will soon have slinky hips 😀😀😀!👗!
    Woo hoo!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    No more for today,gotta run. Hugs all round xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, thank you for keeping the positives thread alive. You are so right about us being in relative safety, with shelter, food etc. We are so lucky to have these blessings.

Apologies for not having posted positives over the past few days. However, can certainly offer up some now ….
    👴👵 lovely to have my parents visit us this past weekend and get to spend some real time with them.
    🍴great family dinner on Sunday evening, with daughter, fiance and son, joining us and my parents. Lots of laughs and a little too much alcohol.
    🌸🌸 two new plants acquired, including a beautiful semi-double rose my mum bought for me and a pale dusky pink delphinium I fell in love with.
    ⛅ weather was been kind over the weekend and has been okay today as well.
    Hope to see some others sharing positives soon, we’d love to read about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I’m glad it’s all gone well SUNNY with the family meet ups!
    My positives,small but appreciated!
    *~ Went for a walk at dusk,the sky was a beautiful pinky purple
    *~ Had my little pal Teddy the dog with me,everyone stops to admire him because he’s so cute,just like the Westie on the Cesar ad! He’s friends with everybody,two legged and four legged. He really enjoys meeting other dogs ❤️
    *~ Out for coffe today,enjoying the sunshine,and we bumped into someone we hadn’t seen for such a long time! Has just had his second book published.👏👏👍
    🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻 Good night or good day to all BSDers! Onwards and downwards! 🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii there everyone,calling by with a few little positives!
    *~ Had a lovely hour in my daughters garden this afternoon. We had such a good laugh.
    She made a jug of iced coffee,I had never tasted it before,and it was delicious…nectar of the gods!😋
    *~ She gave me a big basket full of eco friendly cleaning stuffs,wash up liquid,fabric conditioner and disinfectant. No excuse not to have everywhere sparkling!
    *~ Later I bumped into a new neighbour,had a lovely chat,we seem to have a lot in common,so I look forward to getting to know her better.
    *~ It’s Thursday! All day I’ve thought it’s Friday,so – hurrah! – I still have Friday to come!
    🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Sending love to everyone and this lovely quote…

~ ” Sunsets are proof that,whatever happens,every day can end beautifully” ~ (Kristen Butler)

~ ° ♥ »☆ ~ ★♥.•° ♥ »☆ ~~★♥.•° ♥ »☆ °

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola folks,all’s well in Yowzer’s world,tho world peace,nobody hungry, and love and respect for all the animals, wd be a lovely addition!
    Got a lot of positives from my weekend so far …⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️…
    *~ Bought a lovely set of four teacups and saucers for £4 in charity shop yesterday. I do love having a cuppa in a really pretty teacup and have acquired a nice collection of them over the years.
    *~ Had a delicious coffee out yesterday,a lovely summers day,in a quiet ‘secret garden’ in a local quirky cafe
    *~ Also first time in a bookshop in over 18 months. Added bonus,,only one other customer there. Bought two paperbacks and already deeply immersed in one today.
    *~ Watched an Eagles concert on tv last night,followed by documentaries about The Band,The Kinks,and the Moody Blues. Sky Arts put on some great programmes!
    *~ Today is last day of 8 weeks low carb. Ok it was more like 1000 cals than 800,plus up to 50 g carbs a day,but bread cravings are more or less conquered, and although I’ve not been weighed, but I know I’m quite a bit lighter and clothes are looser.
    *~ Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow. Makes no difference personally as I’m retired,but I feel happy for all the workers who can enjoy a long weekend xxx
    Have a great week folks! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, thank you so much for posting so regularly over the last few days, especially as I have been so tardy. Dog walking, eco friendly cleaning products, charity shop bargains and 8wks on low carb …. all wonderful! Actually, the 8wks low carb is inspiring me to knuckle under and really take action to get rid of those pesky pounds keeping me off target weight. Time I stopped dabbling and got on with it!

Anyway, it’s high time I posted some positives, so here goes…..
    🌸 great gardening session this morning… new delphinium and Japanese anenome now have a proper home. Still have a “to do list”, so more gardening tomorrow if the weather allows.
    🔨 OH has been working tirelessly this weekend, to get our new bamboo flooring laid in the living room. He’s hoping to have it completed tomorrow.
    🥛 found and tried a new plant based milk substitute called Wunder …. zero carbs and surprisingly creamy flavour.
    🤣 some lovely message exchanges and video chats with friends in Turkey.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, especially those who have a bank holiday, giving an extra day to use as you wish.

Yowser, I promise to be more present on the thread on the coming week, but please keep sharing your positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! Happy Bank Hol to those it applies to.
    SUNNY tell us more about Wunder? Zero carbs is v appealing. I like oat milk in coffee but not in tea. Am looking for non dairy alternatives,tho I doubt I’ll ever be able to drop greek yog,a big part of my WOE.
    My positives…
    *~ DD and I had a lovely long catch up yesterday. They’re opening hygiene banks as well as food banks now,and we sorted out shower gels,shampoos,soaps,body lotions etc,going through our cupboards and drawers..we both had a lot of toiletries we don’t really need. So that was very satisfying,three big boxes now waiting to be taken to the nearest pick up point. And five hours together,our longest time in 18 months.
    *~ September’s nearly here and I’m looking forward to it! Very often it’s a glorious month,with plenty of warm days,but also that lovely first hint of autumn in the air. I’m excited!
    *~ Although I would be very glad to eat more than I am at the moment ( greedy person!) what I am eating,I am really enjoying,and because there’s no junk being eaten,my body seems to know and ask for what it really needs. My sabotaging Carb Monster is fuming,shaking her fists and cursing,but I’m happy! 💜⭐️💜⭐️💜⭐️💜⭐️💜⭐️💜⭐️💜xxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola everyone,hope all good in yr Hood..Another nice day here in the World of Yowzer!
    *~ First September! White rabbits and a pinch and a punch! 😀 September feels more like New Year to me than January
    *~ To the park today and fed ducks,birds and squirrels.
    *~ Just ordered two new sets of bedding and new pillows in Debenhams online sale. My old pillows will go to our local cat rescue,they’re always glad of them 😽😺
    Take care everyone and be safe,healthy and happy
    A quote to think about…
    ❤️💜💖 ~ “ Love is the real nuclear bomb that destroys our enemies “ ~💖💜❤️
    ( Geshe Kelsang Gyatso)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well folks,Sunday evening/ Monday morning has rolled around again, and there’s lots to be grateful for..
    *~ A water feature I bought for DD and SILs wedding anniversary has now arrived and is tinkling away in their garden. Looks and sounds really nice!
    *~ Bought two new sets of bedding and 2 pyjamas/ 2 nighties today ( online) Looking forward to their arrival
    *~While tidying out a cupboard,found a lovely set of bedding I had forgotten about. Think I must have bought it in deepest darkest lockdown,when I was ordering things to relieve the boredom,and to spend the money I suddenly had because we weren’t going out for lunches etc. Have put it on the bed,it feels really nice. Can’t wait to jump in later!
    Love to all,have a groovy week!
    🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️🌻⭐️

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’ve been very tardy again, so thank you so much for keeping some positives coming in Yowser. Love the idea of old pillows going to a cat rescue and there is something quite alluring about new bedding. A water feature is a lovely gift, the twinkling sound of water is so relaxing. I’m already planning one for our garden in Turkey …. when we get that far.

Give the length of absence here there should be a whole raft of positives to posts, but shamefully I’m struggling to pin point them. That’s not to say life is not good, ‘cos it is, but picking put exact positives is proving challenging. Can offer the following …
    🙂🍴 my friend in India relaunched his restaurant / homestay business acfew days ago and all went well. Good to hear him upbeat and looking to the future again.
    🌹 surprising number of rose blooms in my garden at the moment. Love taking the time every day, to smells few of them.
    💪after having to rest up for several days last week, happy to report OH’s arm is no longer painful.

Really hope there have been positives popping into your life too … if you have a moment, we’d love to know about them.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Sorry I’ve been absent for the last week but I will try my best to post some positives more regularly😀
    🙂Had lovely five days away with close family friends,we walked, ate, shopped, ate, drove, ate so not surprisingly I’ve put
    2lbs on as most of the eating wasn’t healthy(the bed at the hotel we were staying at was like concrete so my lack of
    sleep made me vulnerable to the more sugary things on offer😩 ) We laughed so much whilst we were away that my
    stomach muscles(they’re in there somewhere) must have had a good work out though😀
    🎉My Mum had her replacement hip operation whilst I was away and it went well,she ended up staying awake for it so
    I think that is maybe helping her recovery.My sister and I will be sharing her care until she is able to cope herself.Really
    looking forward to getting her out and about once she is fully up to it.
    🌼Some more dahlias flowered whilst I was away.
    🙂DD is more or less organised for return to school tomorrow,we have a few things to get this morning before I go round
    to my Mum’s this afternoon but other than that she’s all set.

Will try to think of more positives tomorrow!
    Dawn X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Aldi has finally got soda water back in stock. – I don’t know what has been happening, but many of the local supermarkets have had empty shelves where the bottles of soda water should have been for most of the summer. I even resorted the other day to reading about the difference between sparking water, and soda water. Apparently the output from soda stream machines is sparkling water not soda water and the two do taste different.

Forecast for very sunny day tomorrow, so I am going to take a day off and head toa beach. I hope I can find the book I was half way through back in July before the busy time started.

I managed to persuade my tractor to fire up today. Its always a crossed fingers moment the first time I try to fire her up after a few months of not using her.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Dawn, hope your Mum makes a swift recovery. Sounds like you had a lovely time on your break …. like the idea of laughing being exercise!
    JGwen, really good to see you posting here. Hope you had a wonderful day at the coast.

Positives from me …..
    💉 grandson now double jabbed, took him for the 2nd one yesterday and then we went for a bite to eat and a catch up.
    🌸🌱 good gardening session this morning, thanks to surprisingly good weather in SW England.
    🍴planned the meal for Friday’s date night.

Think that will do for me today … watch out for those little pluses that pop into you day to brighten things.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DAWN hope yr mums improving a little every day ❤️
    Hi JGWEN hope you enjoyed the beach! 💜
    HI SUNNY glad you enjoyed catch up with grandson..I just love catch ups!💙
    My positives…
    *~ Just been out to feed the foxes. It’s already dark and an old blind chap is going along the road with his white stick tapping on the wall. Asked if he was ok and he said he was fine,he knows this road well,was on his way home. My heart was aching for him. It was sad to see him in the dark. I feel so blessed to have the gift of sight…and to have improved sight too,thanks to cataract removals ( thank you NHS)👀
    *~ Proud of DD..her boss said a report she did is ‘ massively impressive’. She is up for an award!
    *~ Wood pigeon in nearby tree has just hatched a chick. Been on the nest for a few weeks,and now Chicks sitting in the tree while Mum brings food! Bless! XX
    Keep smiling everyone and be safe and well ! XX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thought for tomorrow…
    🌻🌼🌸 “Take time to stop and appreciate all that’s beautiful in your life “ 🌸🌼🌻

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Just popped in here for a catch up – and immediately Yowser that brought a peaceful smile to my face! Thank you for being part of something beautiful in my day!!

Retrospective positives:
    – i turned 40 and it didnt hurt!! And i was spoilt and feel loved! And i feel a bit like a unicorn given all the themed gifts that seemed to come my way!
    – Completed a half marathon in a very beautiful location – from Braemar, it was amazing scenery…. it hurt a lot though, seriously tough going, but chuffed with my wee medal for completing!
    – little horse has performed tremendously in the last month or 2, at home, in training and in competition. Feel so lucky to have found him.

Positives for today, as it is important to remember the small things:
    – amazing weather, plus 20 degrees in NE scotland in September, its wonderful!
    – we have a load of butterflies living on our buddleia bush in front of the house. (and i just learned how to spell buddleia!)
    – i have dinner out to a local tandoori planned with friends for tomorrow night….. and i feel confident in my ability to make good choices!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    Well it’s a month since I lasted posted and now that it looks like summer is almost over it’s also time for me to take stock yet again!
    I’m really not looking forward to this winter, especially if we have restrictions imposed here there and everywhere, so I’ve decided to make a ‘plan’! I know that finding ‘positives’ each day is one way to stay upbeat. So here we go……

1. ☀️🥂🛳 We’ve booked a trip for early May 2022. I’ve booked and cancelled, or had cancelled, so many things, as I’m sure others have, but today I pencilled in the number of weeks till we go …. whoopee! I’ve not felt this confident in ages but still keeping fingers crossed!
    2. 🥙🥂🫒Had some friends here for lunch today. Lots of Greek favourites, all pretty BSD friendly but with a few white wines! Anyway, it’s always good to start a new regime after a lovely (mainly healthy) meal.
    3.🥬🥑🍅 So 2021 …. I’ve gained just over 2lbs this year which maybe isn’t a positive but having ‘time out’ has reinvigorated me. So, time now to knuckle down to BSD for weight loss, and not just for diabetes control, but for all the other benefits as well.

Sorry I’ve not caught up with all the posts, hope you are all well, and a big thank you, especially to Yowzer and Sunny, for keeping this thread going ….. it’s a lovely place to come home too.
    I’ll do my very best to report every day.
    Let’s make September a super positive month!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,WINDY thats lovely I brought you a smile…and it’s funny,coz I was just thinking of you yesterday,wondering how you are, and then you popped up on here..Happy 40th!🥳 Oh I wd love to be 40 again!
    Well done on half marathon 👍
    VERANO It’s good to knuckle down again before any more damage,but you could have gained sooooo much more than 2 lbs-well done! 👏👏👏👏👏👏
    My Thursday positives..
    *~ A neighbour noticed I’ve lost weight. DD already noticed but coz it’s DD,I wonder if it’s just encouragement rather than observation!
    *~ Met new neighbours daughter yesterday while I was out walking,and shes like me,animal mad. Was so nice to talk to her and see photos of her adorable pets!
    *~ Not good news as regards waistlines,but found out last week that Bettys of Harrogate’s famous tea shop sells all kinds of goodies online. Can’t have any myself but I can live vicariously! I sent a box of nice things to my nephew and his wife. They reported back that it’s all delicious! The delivery was delayed by a day,so my postage was refunded.
    Just sent some Bettys goodies to my sister ( wdnt mind if her delivery’s delayed a day too,and I get another refund! 😀)
    💜 When youre feeling stressed,count the ways you are blessed, 💜 XXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, so good to see you back here. Everything crossed for you trip in May. Those 2lbs will soon be consigned to history.
    Julz, congrats on all your celebrations … milestone birthday and epic run.
    Yowser,pleased for you that people have noticed your hard work, it’s so gratifying when someone let’s you know you’re looking good.

Positives from my corner of the UK …..
    🌧 it rained today … I had popped out into the garden for some rosemary when it began, it felt so refreshing. And the garden will love it too.
    🙂 at last, my friend in India is seeing his business pick up. It’s so good to hear him enthusiastic and optimistic again.
    🍴🍷 very pleasant meal out with friends last evening …. managed to stick with just one glass of wine and I resisted dessert!

Whatever you have been doing, really hope you have found positives along the way.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowzer,sorry haven’t had chance to post again before now, my days are quite hectic at the moment.My mum is definitely improving her movement each day though is still in quite a bit of pain.I’m finding it difficult to stick to healthy eating 100% but am eating less than I was on my break away so I guess that’s my first positive😃
    🌼Another dahlia has bloomed and is a lovely pink and white striped one so looks nice against the blue of our little
    summerhouse
    🎉Weighed myself yesterday and have lost the 2lbs I had gained so that’s giving me the incentive to try to stick in 100%
    🙂My sister is doing the day shift today at my Mum’s,I’m doing the sleepover,so I will finally get caught up on housework hopefully!
    I hope everyone has a good day,it’s a bit cooler here and I must admit I’m relieved, it’s been a bit too warm for sleeping recently.Also it’s a good incentive as I don’t want to have another Autumn/Winter of not fitting into most of my clothes! Dawn X

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    So nice to read all your positives. Well done Sunny on resisting the dessert and great news Yowzer you must have done really well because people only tend to notice weight loss when you lose quite a significant amount.

🌎🌅🌄I started a new mindfulness/ meditation website a few weeks ago and I’m finding it really useful. Feeling much calmer and in control.
    🍽🥬🍅 Great lunch yesterday of salad and salmon and managed without any crispbreads. I still have the need for crunch so proud of myself.
    Looks like rain today so time to catch up with some jobs around the house. Have a good day!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Another weekend half way through!
    Dawn good to hear your mum is doing well and the pain is probably ‘post surgery’ pain which I’m sure will disappear pretty quickly.
    I’m determined not to give in to ‘the crunch’. It’s funny but over all these years, 5 in all, ‘crunch’ has been my biggest problem.
    Anyway I do have some positives…….
    1. 🪑🪣🪑Garden furniture spruced up, cleaned, oiled and ready to weather the winter.
    2. 🍗🌶🥦 Korean gochujang chicken tonight with cauliflower & broccoli mash and asparagus for dinner. Bought myself some poultry scissors several months ago and they are one of the best kitchen ‘gadgets’ I have. I spatchcock my chickens and they cook in maybe half the time, or less, than whole chickens.
    3. 🍤🥗🍗Out with friends for lunch tomorrow so something nice to look forward to. Strangely I find it easier to be low carb out than I do at home …. maybe there’s a lesson there …. don’t keep high carb food in the house!
    Hope Sunday is a lovely, peaceful happy day for everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiiii folks,good to read everyone’s positives! 🥰🥰🥰
    My little positives for today!
    *~ DD home now from a visit to her father,in Yorkshire,great to have her back here in Liverpool!
    *~ Protest held locally about an upcoming arms fair at a great big venue here called the Arena.
    A band called Massive Attack have pulled out of doing a gig at the Arena,good to see bands with ethical standards. To add a lighter touch,someone had made a banner “Make Scouse not War” ( scouse being a well loved dish in Liverpool)
    *~ Beau found me some early and very shiny conkers on an early morning visit to the park.! I put them round my home as they are said to keep spiders away ( it seems to work,I rarely see one!) I love conker time and seeing the leaves starting to turn to all the beautiful autumnal shades!
    Have a great week everyone!
    🌸May your pockets be heavy, may your troubles be light,May good luck pursue you each morning and night!x 🌸

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone.Thanks Verano,my Mum has the clips removed tomorrow so that’s a good step forward.Some positives from me today.
    😴 Had lovely night’s sleep last night in my own bed after two nights very broken sleep on an airbed at my Mum’s.The airbed is comfy but I’m not having great sleeps there(neither is my sister)as I’m half listening for my Mum all night.
    🤞Hoping that a better sleep will make my willpower stronger today as I haven’t stuck to healthy eating at all over the weekend and subsequently feel extremely bloated.
    That’s all I can think of for now.Hope everyone has a positive day!Dawn X

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Dawn just check your mums leg after the staples have been removed. I had a very long scar and the district nurse missed the last one! I discovered it about 6 weeks later when it became sore, but not infected thank goodness. Doesn’t do any harm to check!
    So, it’s another Monday, a new week and new resolve ….

1. 🍲🍲🍲Lunch out yesterday was very hit and miss so quite disappointing. On the positive side I had a lovely bowl of Mediterranean vegetables …. but not much else!
    2. Monday…. washing day… got lots done today.
    3. Tonight we have cottage pie with a cauliflower, broccoli and parsnip topping …. it’s looking really lush … so off to eat.

Enjoy your evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, so good to have you posting positives more frequently. Your dinner sounds yummy … enjoy.
    Dawn, a good night’s sleep makes soooo much difference doesn’t it. Glad your Mum is doing well.
    Yowser, pleased your daughter is back home … like your closing quote too.

Okay, well let’s see what positives I can dredge up …
    🍴📆 date night dinner was a big success. Great meal, great company.
    🙂 granddaughter’s 10th birthday yesterday and she had a wonderful time at Harry Potter World.
    🌼 plan to meet up with DD on Thursday, for a catch up and lunch.
    🗺 we’ve put together outline plans for a trip to France …. just need to make the necessary bookings.

What are your positives? Please do tell.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks for the tip Verano,I will have a close look to make sure they’re all removed!Yes a good night’s sleep definitely makes a massive difference Sunny,this is first day in ages where I haven’t been tempted to eat rubbish,that can be my first positive😃
    🤞Am managing to have a night where I’m not tempted to eat anything after my tea even though I’ve been preparing stuff for DH and DD.Think I may have a herbal tea soon
    🔥 It’s a bit chilly tonight so I’ve put the fire on (it’s just a gas one but has flames)for the first time since spring and have drawn the curtains as it’s dark outside so it’s lovely and cosy.
    Hope everyone has a good day/evening.Will try to post more positives tomorrow.Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you posting more regularly again Dawn. Hope your Mum continues to progress well.

Nothing much has happened today, so I’m not sure what positives are to be found, but here goes …
    🙂 OH was working locally today, so was home for lunch.
    👍🏻 neighbour who was taking to hospital yesterday with suspected blood clots in his lungs, has been cleared and is home with medication for a chest infection.
    A third positive should be identifiable, but I’m struggling, so will leave it at that for now and hope to be reading your positives soon, to make me smile.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quicky,off out to hairdressers…
    *~ Which is positive no 1! So grateful for a lovely gifted hairdresser who’s become a good friend over the years. I have two or three young friends,and I love having younger friends,helps keep me young too, I hope,as well as friends similar age to me. Five I have known for over 50 years.
    *~ Lovely afternoon yesterday in a beautiful and historic park called Calderstones. I’m sure VERANO will agree with me that it’s a great place to visit. Such gorgeous trees to sit beneath and watch the squirrels chase each other. A robin sat right by us all the time we were drinking our coffee outside the cafe.
    *~ Bumped into two female friends who I hadn’t seen since 2019, lovely to see them! and one male friend. Male friend,his wife and their two children (one aged 5 and one 6 months) had all had covid really badly but thankfully all recovered well.
    Great quote for how to live life…
    ❤️“I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.” ( Herman Melville)❤️

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi
    Hope you hairdressers appointment went well Yowzer. A few weeks ago I was ‘restyled’. I’ve had a medium length cut flicking out for ages but now I have a long bob ….. feel like I look five years younger but it’s taken me a few weeks to get used to it …….

1. So I guess that’s my first positive……
    2. Tuna red Thai curry for dinner tonight. I’ve never used fresh tuna in a curry before and I’m guessing it’s going to be a cross between salmon, which I have used before, and chicken, which I mainly use. Hope so anyway!
    3. Memories ….. are wonderful …. Calderstones Park …. I love the rhododendron walk when they are in flower …. reminds me of walking through the park many, many moons ago, in late spring, with one of my first boyfriends! Thanks for the reminder Yowzer!

As I write this it makes me realise that happy memories are just as valid as ‘today’s’ positives. Maybe when we struggle to find three good things that have happened today we can tap into happy memories from the past ….. they probably have the same therapeutic effect.
    Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, hope you are feeling renewed from your hairdressing appointment. Lovely to catch up with friends and especially so when you weren’t expecting to see them. Great quote as always.
    V, hope your tuna curry is a hit. Really loving the idea of dipping into memories when positives are a little illusive… shall definitely be doing that. I’m confident good memories are every bit as beneficially therapeutic, as finding present day positives.

Time for some positives then …
    👩‍🍳 made a batch of high fibre almond crackers … I’ll be able to have some marmite again now.
    🍂🌫 wonderful autumnal start to the day, all very misty and atmospheric.
    🌱🌸 three mini gardening sessions today. Still have tasks to get done out there, but it’s in a holding pattern.
    🙂 a memory one: sitting on our sun terrace in Turkey drinking sundowners and watching the sun set.

Going to close with something I read today ….
    “Whatever you do today, do it with the confidence of a 4yr old in a Batman Tshirt!”

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Evening folks …. hope everyone is doing okay and that the day has been kind.
    Mine has brought a few positives ….
    🍂 another misty autumnal morning … think this will be the norm now.
    🍴🙂 lunch with DD, was lovely to catch up and have a good chat.
    🌹couldn’t resist a new miniature rose in a vivid orange and a tray of viola. Not sure yet where I’ll home them, but will find somewhere to make them comfy.
    🌅 gorgeous sunset this evening.
    All in all a good day and I’m looking forward to the weekend, which for us will start with date night tomorrow evening🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning.
    Thought I would get in my positives from the last two days in early so I can get on with my laundry!
    So……
    1. 🧳🕶🎒Packing for a few days away next week…. West Yorkshire. Looking forward to that.
    2. ☀️🌈☀️Feeling ‘Sunny’ this morning…. not sure why but I’ll just go with the flow and long may it last.
    3. 🛳🛫🌤 Planned a trip yesterday for way in the future, 2023! But really need something to look forward to.
    Sunny hope you manage to get away to Turkey now that the ‘rules’ are changing!
    Have a good weekend.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wonderful to see you are still here V, like you I’m planning trips to look forward too, the most distant of which like yours will be early 2023, but not actually booked yet. Enjoy your mini break in Yorkshire, it’s such a charming and beautiful place.

So here are my positives…..
    ✈ Yes Verano, we are off the Turkey …. yippee!!!!! Flights booked to go out on 3rd Oct, which is just 15 sleeps away. Can’t tell you how excited I am!!!
    🍴🍷had a wonderful date night last evening, made a south Indian king prawn dish which was delish, definitely one to do again and I think it would work well with other fish too.
    🌸 quiet leisurely day today, bit of pottering in the garden, bit if laundry, a nap this afternoon as I was awake stupidly early this morning and now a chill out evening ahead …. lucky girl.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone and please do come and tell us about your high spots when time allows.

Please log in or register to post a reply.