Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How lovely to see so many positives bring contributed by a variety of posters, thank you all for sharing with us, especially those of you who only occasionally post here.

A few positives from me ….
    ⛱ we had a beach day yesterday and are planning the same for tomorrow. We rarely go to the beach while here, but to get away from the noise of work being done on the complex, we escaped to the beach and had a really good time.
    🚗 hiring a car for a few days, so we can go a bit further afield … looking forward to visiting some favourite locations and catching up with a friend who lives some miles away too.
    ⛈ had an impressive thunderstorm including hail today, which we unfortunately got caught out in. The positives though, are that they really need the rain here at the moment AND we were able to simple come home, take a warm shower and cosy up in jumpers with a nice hot drink. Simple creature comforts.
    Hope you can find a positive or two to share with us … we’d love to read them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh, and an additional positive, we’ve just rolled over on to the 100th page of positives!!! Well done to all of us for making this happen …. here’s to the next 100!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ahh I like that positive WINDY about you and hub! Also,lovely that you treated yr Dad to a fab bday!
    Cats eating spidies..yes ours too and likes catching flies! X
    VERANO hope yr special days going well and SUNNY,hope you’re still enjoying sun and R and R X
    My positives…
    *~ Wore a jacket just now to go out and feed the foxes…it’s gone roomy! Really put a spring in my step!
    *~ Today have done 100 days low carb without a slip up,didn’t get weighed on day one but thinking about roughly what I weighed last weigh in,I reckon I’m two stone and a bit down! Heading back now towards July 2017 weight! Yipppeee!
    *~ Senior moment!.I made a food delivery order for Thursday AND for Friday! Wdnt have been pleased to have two deliveries within 24 hours of each other.🙄 So glad I noticed in time!🙄🙂🙃
    Take care everyone and keep smiling,it makes people wonder what you’ve been up to!xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

So we’ve reached our first ‘Century’! Thanks for letting us know Sunny I would never have noticed, but hey what an achievement…. goes well with my 52nd! Thank you all for the good wishes.
    So my positives for the day …..
    1. 🚗🌦🌲Drove through Delamere Forest and even though it was drizzly and mizzly it was a lovely scenic drive.
    2. 🍽🍸🌶 Lovely lunch at the Fishpool Inn, very carb friendly prawn starter followed by pan fried salmon on a bed of puy lentil dhal which was really lovely. As it was a special day we shared a dessert …. I had two dessert spoons of mocha creme brûlée with the sugar topping scraped off! Anyway, lovely day.
    No more for me today but hope Wednesday, middle of the week, is a good day for everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Yowzer you are doing brilliantly, and 100 low carb days is marvellous. Sunny lovely to hear you are still enjoying relaxing in the sunshine…. how could you not!!
    So the bad news first …. other grandson and their father now covid positive but not too unwell fortunately.
    The rest is good ….
    1🧼🚿🛠 New steam shower cabinet finally fitted today. I ordered it last April, arrived August and finally got it fitted today! Who would have believed it would be so difficult to get equipment and then even more difficult to get it fitted. Sunny I know your OH is very handy about the house ….. unfortunately mine isn’t!
    2. 😀👍 👶 Seeing son tonight for the first time in over two months so cooking lots of nice food …. all BSD friendly of course!
    Sorry not mentioned all the posters but frightened to flip back in case I lose my post! But, good to see are little band expanding, the more the merrier!
    Well that’s me for today but hope Thursday is a positive day for everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, so impressed with your 100 days low carb, think I need to set myself a similar challenge once I’m back in the UK.
    V, sorry you have 2 more family members tested covid positive, hope they’ll make a speedy recovery.

Okay, what positives can I find….
    👓 ordered a pair of prescription reading glasses today, for approx £22, including anti glare, anti scratch and blue light protective coatings.
    😌 lovely relaxing day with OH

You know, think that will do for me today, feeling chilled and don’t feel like taxing myself to identify any other specific positives🤭, but if you have one or two to share, please i tell us about them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Izzy kicked this thread off in June 2016, which means between us, we have kept this thread running for well over 5yrs! That means there have been a whole ocean of positives recorded here and I know there are as many again, waiting to be added on … what are yours?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day ladies ( and gents if any are around!)
    100 pages! That deserves a big fanfare!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    I remember IZZY,she was a crafty person ..craft-y rather than crafty…creative if I remember rightly! Isn’t that lovely,100 pages of positive vibes!
    V I’m sorry two more family members with covid,hope they’ll soon be well
    SUNNY I love reading about your holiday,no wonder you love Turkey,you have such a good time there!
    My Thursday positives,bit early for any so far,tho as always,v glad to wake up to another day,able to breathe,see,hear,get out of bed unaided! And love that first cuppa of the day!
    *~ Beau has appt for his booster next week and I have my flu jab tomorrow
    *~ Hairdressers yesterday, my hairdressers throwing a Surprise Beatles party for her Dad..loved hearing all about her plans….afterwards the World Peace cafe for a coffee. Was given a bite size Cadbury’s fudge with my drink. Think they’re about 60 cals and 5 carbs. Was going to eat it as a celebration of 100 days low carb,but after one bite it was too sweet,and Beau had the rest. ( Along with the round Lindor choc he was given which disappeared in one gulp- I always think one of those should be savoured. And he’s one of the annoying people who can eat and not gain 🙄)
    *~ Later I got a stitch in my side which was uncomfortable and meant I didn’t want my dinner..every cloud etc…Carbs and cal count v low for the day..Woke up stitch free I’m relieved to say
    Enjoy the day wherever you are and whatever you’re doing..here’s to the next 100 pages 👍👍👍👍 xx
    ⭐️🍁 May your troubles be less and your blessings be more,And nothing but happiness come through your door 🍁⭐️

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yes indeed Yowser, a fanfare is definitely needed for hitting 100 pages of positives! Really loved that quote, have copied that and saved it for future reference/use.

Thought I should stop by with some positives, as I’ll be out of the loop for a few days. Off to visit with friends and not sure what wifi connection will be possible.
    Anyway, here are a few from my corner of the world right now….
    🌞 despite a forecast for an iffy day, it was sunny and warm.
    🛍 went out browsing in outlet shops today. OH bought two new shirts and I nabbed some bootie slippers to bring back to the UK for those chilly winter evenings.
    🍽 found a fantastic crockery shop, which had some lovely unusual designs, so have decided to go back and purchase a new dining set.
    🥙 a good low carb day today … if you don’t take too much notice of the glass of wine 🤭
    Please remember we love to read about your positives so please do share them with us … what were yours today?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY I love crockery! A new dining set sounds fab. I got a new set not long ago..a pattern I’ve wanted for years calked Monsoon Cosmic….but it was a bit too expensive. It was being sold quite cheaply,brand new, on EBay. The couple had bought it for their newly redecorated dining room..Then husband decided he didn’t like the pattern after all. So I was able to buy the whole set,plus the matching glasses,and cups,saucers and mugs! Bargain!
    Turkey seems a good place for bargains!
    My positives for today…
    *~ flu jab done 👍 Been in the park all afternoon,such a sunny bright but chilly avvo,saw a bride and groom and bridesmaids having their photos taken!
    *~ Back to our favourite World Peace Cafe! We were given fun size Crunchies today! Mines in the freezer ..a small treat for when I’m back to the weight I want to be!
    *~ Done nearly all my Christmas gift shopping now. And nearly all wrapped. I only buy for kids so it doesn’t really take too long ( that includes big kids DD and SIL and of course our little boy,Ziggy the cat)
    Beau gets “thank you for a lovely year” presents rather than Xmas.
    Just squirrel it all away now in the cupboard …and relax!🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Have a good weekend!XXX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello all,hope you’re having / had a good Saturday,and a fabbSunsay x
    *~ Lovely day today. Out with DD for first time in almost two years! Just to dressmakers for her bridesmaid dress to be altered( she’s lost weight👍) then for a drink. Had a long catch up!
    That’s me for today,apart from just glad and grateful for being alive! X
    🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*~ The week’s got off to a very rainy start. Looks miserable outside but all very cosy indoors!
    *~ Love Monday mornings as a retired person. I loved my work as a medical social worker ( mon- fri) and a GP practice counsellor ( Saturdays) but even so it was a wrench going back after my day off on Sundays
    *~ World Menopause Day today. Was very fortunate,I went through mine without even knowing. I had a blood test in April 2001 then another September of that year,for sthing not menopause related,but my GP rang me after second blood test and told me my menopause had happened since the April blood test.Sad to lose those hormones but v grateful I was symptom free. I didnt have the hot flushes etc that some friends were experiencing. Will always give thanks for that!
    Have a great week everyone!
    🍁🍂“Today is a blessing wrapped up in grace; it’s an Alleluia!” ( Mary Davis)🍂🍁

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Sorry I’ve been AWOL but life’s been a bit of a roller coaster ride lately. Anyway, I thought I should give Yowzer a bit of support …. you’re doing a great job by yourself though!
    ☔️🌧🌈 despite the miserable weather there is always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. So to some positives……
    1.😀💅🩴 Had a pedicure this morning after nearly seven weeks! No wonder my toe nails looked so bad and my feet felt awful but now back to wonderful feet with dark plum polish for the winter.
    2.🥕🥦🫑 No emojis to represent the food I used last night but I made a roast celeriac and parsnip (just one small one) mash with roast garlic. Well what a revelation! I had a medium celeriac, a small parsnip and a whole bulb of garlic cut in half width wise, which I roasted with some olive oil and salt and pepper, then mashed with a hand blender with butter and yogurt until smooth. WOW it tasted just like roast potatoes and it made four portions so not so carby either!
    That’s it for me for today. Hope Monday has been positive for you but if it hasn’t Tuesday is just around the corner.
    Have a good evening!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Apologies for not being around for awhile. In my defence, we were visiting a friend who doesn’t have WiFi, so had a few days enforced tech-detox, which if you think about it, is probably a positive!
    Verano, that celeriac mash sounds yummy, will be giving that a try for sure.
    Yowser, so many lovely positives! Can’t believe you are so far ahead on Christmas prep…. I’ll be doing ours like a headless 🐔 on our return!

Anyway, here are a few positives from me …..
    🍽 New dining set bought … a striking blue and white design and the plates/bowls have a gently waved edge. Glad we went back for it, as it was the only full set they had in that design. Did manage to get a few extra dinner plates though.
    🐗 whilst staying with our friend in Gulluk, saw wild boar for the first time. About 20 of them have taken to coming down from the hills to root around in the grounds of a disused hotel opposite his apartment.
    😌 Happy to have had a few days travelling around. Yesterday in particular was very pleasant. Went to a little fishing village, took some photos of the Greek ruins there and then had a lovely harbourside lunch.
    👓 collecting my new reading glasses today, which will mean I don’t need to rely on my travelling fold-up ones anymore whilst we’re here.
    🖌 painting of our apartment block is complete, so we can reclaim our terraces and I can start to catch up on laundry again.
    🌞 still enjoying warm sunny days and very grateful for being able to do so.

If you don’t usually or very often post on the positives thread, why not give it a whirl …. only needs to be one high point if finding more is difficult, but taking time to find the positives in your life, is very therapeutic… why not give it a go.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Lovely to hear from you Sunny and glad you are still ‘Enjoying’ just keep going as you are!
    A pretty quiet day here, which at the moment is good! So not much to report really. Trying a new dish tonight which is Mediterranean vegetable casserole with mesqueze? spicy lamb sausages. We very rarely eat sausages of any type but they are in my freezer and we are on a mission to empty the freezers before we buy any more food ‘for the freezer’.
    1.🧅🧄🫑🌶 Food mountain moving!
    Hope Tuesday has been a positive day but if not Wednesday is just around the corner!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! SUNNY lovely to hear from you…I’m happy for you that you’re having warm fun days in the sun🥳🥳
    VERANO I agree, a quiet day can still be a good day. Thinking back to working days when I could often be run off my feet,it’s good to have laidback quiet days sometimes,not doing too much,just pottering
    *~ DD has treated me to a lovely new silk mask! She bought a new one for herself to be a bridesmaid on Saturday,the priest has asked everyone to wear one while in church.
    *~ Trying to stop myself packing already for weekend away with DD the weekend after next! Cant wait! Having a very quiet,girly three day break in a cottage! Just want DD,who’s been working so hard,to switch off from everything for a few days.
    *~ Two friends have now had their booster,Beau’s having his this weekend,hopefully won’t be long til I get mine too!
    Take care everyone xxx
    💜“ Be grateful before the gift. See blooms before they grow. Feel light before the sun. Have faith before you know “ 💜

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi again peeps,been a rainy old day here,but a good one still
    *~ Received a welcome letter and text today…letter saying my Winter Fuel Allowance is on its way,and the text inviting me for a covid booster! Very grateful for both 🙏
    *~ Torrential rain but it miraculously stopped and the sun came out when we fed the ducks and birds in the park. Started again as soon as we got back in the car.
    *~ This happens a lot in Lpool,a lot of tv and film shooting goes on here,but it never fails to excite me. Saw film crew filming in the rain ( V,just across the main road from Lark Lane) I know they’re making a film about Brian Epstein,so maybe that’s what we saw today
    Hope you enjoy yr day as much as I’ve enjoyed mine! Specially when I realised, while I was out,that the trousers I had on have gone too loose to wear any more!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Yes it really has been very rainy here today, reminded me of tropical downpours but without the wonderful warm sunshine afterwards. We did have bits and bobs of sun but not quite tropical!
    Anyway to my first very good positive …..
    1. ☔️💦☔️💦Torrents of rain today but I no longer have to check the ceilings for leaks now that we have a wonderful new waterproof roof.
    2. 💡💡💡 No not a lightbulb moment but just having our last halogen lights, all 35 of them, changed for LED lights….. better for the planet and much better for our bills!
    3. 🥦🧄🍠 My experiment tonight is roasted cauliflower and celeriac mashed with black garlic. I’ve never used black garlic before so just hoping it will be good …. smells really pungent!! Will report tomorrow.
    Have a good evening. If Wednesday wasn’t that great don’t worry Thursday is just around the corner!
    Have a good evening

• posted by RubyG
    on

ooh, black garlic 🙂 it is not very strong at all, in fact I can eat the cloves like sweeties, but then I am a bit strange.
    Hope you like it!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks are you on the look out for positives today!
    I don’t have anything in particular to focus on right now,except today I’m happy just for the sake of being happy!
    Some food for thought..!we all know the song Accentuate the positive,Eliminate the negative…
    How about 🎶🎶🎶Vel-cro the positive,Tef-lon the negative ! 🎶🎶🎶🎶 🥰🥰🥰🥰
    More food for thought in this Chinese proverb…
    “When there is light in the soul there is beauty in the person
    When there is beauty in the person there is harmony in the home
    When there is harmony in the home there is honour in the nation
    When there is honour in the home there is peace in the world”
    💜🥳💜🥳💜🥳💜🥳 (And What a happy day it will be,when there’s world peace!) 🥳💜🥳💜🥳💜🥳 xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Helllooooo ……anybody home!? 😀
    A v nice day here..
    *~ in laws up from Devon,stayed at DDs overnight en route to Scotland. Lovely to see the two kids…and the new baby! And their beautiful puppy!
    *~ Went into Marks food ( other food shops available) just for milk but enjoyed looking at all the Christmas goodies on display. A lovely sparkly tree in the retail park,doesn’t look like a too early Christmas tree,just a very cheering tree,all lit in little silver lights
    *~ Still star struck by the film and tv crew,very close to my home today,even got a wave from the lighting guys. Last time they filmed so near to home,it was for Tin Star ( which I haven’t seen,hope to do so some day)
    Have a nice weekend everyone xxxxx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Yowzer I think you should share the third line of your “Chinese proverb” more widely in Hong Kong (if you can get through the firewall). The authorities would love it.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii SIXTURKEYS! Yayyy so I’m not here all on my own after all🥳🥳🥳
    The old Chinese proverb..hmmm..I didn’t really look into it as deeply as all that..I just enjoy the idea of progression from lights in souls ultimately leading to world peace.
    If only! 🙏
    Have you any positives for us while you’re here! X
    Another idea I like..
    “Wash the plate,not because it’s dirty,not because you’re told to,but because you care about the person who’ ll use it next”
    ( can be applied to many things,not just plates) xx
    🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁🦆🍂🍁

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi again everyone,
    I’m back and full of positives..
    1: moved back to Tassie from Northern Territory 😁 in March. Stayed with my daughter, son in law and grandson until my house was available, which was July.
    2: Finally settled into my own home with my little fur baby.
    3: Slowly getting the garden into low maintenance and full of colour. I’m finding it a challenge and relaxing 😊.
    4: Hubby is in Qld looking after elderly parents and will be coming home as soon as restrictions allow, which will be great, haven’t seen him other than video chatting since March.
    5: It’s drizzling, but that means I don’t have to go out to water the garden 😊😊☔☔ and can settle in with a good book .
    Great to be back..have a safe, happy and healthy weekend folks 😊🖐️

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

It’s great to see you back WAITAMINUTE..were you on the fast day forum back in the day,with another name?
    Have a good weekend. Put yr trotters up and enjoy your book and your fur baby xx

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi Yowzer,
    Nope I have just been this name.. and usually on the “week beginning on….” Forum as well as this one..
    So much for spending the day reading..I’m now going shopping with my DD and granddaughters for an upcoming birthday party..😊😊even better than reading.
    Have a good day 😊🖐️

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh that sounds fab! Have a lovely girly shopping trip! I do enjoy doing that with DD! I’m just getting into bed,it’s night time here
    😴🥱🥱😴😴 xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning.
    Good to see some new posters! Welcome back!
    Well the black garlic experiment went pretty well. Roasted cauliflower and celeriac mash was really lovely and the black garlic was a good addition apart from changing the mixture to a milk chocolate brown colour which wasn’t too appetising!
    I have a few positives from the last couple of days ……
    1.🛏🖼🌈Lovely new bed linen arrived and really pleased with the design which will just brighten up the bedroom.
    2. 🧺🧺 Finally emptied my overflowing washing basket yesterday so now just have the joy of all that ironing!
    3.💡🥦🌶🧄Have finally got my head back into gear with food. My blood sugar was a bit erratic with highs in the high 7’s so I’ve cut back on the carb-creep over the last week and am now back into the low 5’s. Added bonus weight is falling!
    Well I’m off to iron, hope everyone has a good weekend full of positives.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Humble apologies for another long absence, thank you for keeping the positives rolling in though, Yowser. I know they are appreciated.
    Waitaminute, good to see you back and with some lovely positives too.
    SixT, happy to see you’re still around too, please let us have some positives soon.
    V, well done on pulling the carbs back down and getting better control of your blood sugars again. I made cayli mash the other evening, with roasted cauli and garlic. Like yours, it was not a pretty colour, but it tasted great.

Positives from my little corner of Turkey ….
    🌞 still plenty of sunshine to enjoy here … going to get out in it as soon as I’ve posted this😌
    👚 bought two tops in the market today, just £2 each. Oh, and a kilo of leeks for around 40p! Leeks au gratin for dinner tonight … yum.
    🦐 date night out last night and I had grilled jumbo prawns with garlic butter and a green salad …. delish!!!
    🫖 after the market this morning, stopped for some local tea in a lovely garden setting, with a family of chickens wandering around. Very calming atmosphere indeed.

Do hope you are enjoying some positives this weekend and that you’ll be able to share a few of them with us soon, so that Yowser doesn’t get lonely.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

First post on Positive Thoughts. I have been going through my wardrobe and now have a huge pile of clothes that are too big ready to donate to charity. A relative sends containers of clothes to Africa. Need to purchase new clothes now 😁. I live in NI and have just received my £100 spend local card, guess what that is going to be spent on. Weighed myself this morning and now have 1/2lb to target! I am now contemplating 5.2 from target but with the 2 fast days at 800 cals and the other days still low carb but not worrying about calories.

• posted by Verano
    on

Welcome Elle-Mae it really is amazing how just looking for a few positives, especially on a ‘bad’’ day, lifts our spirits enough to make us smile!
    Looking forward to hearing more positives from you.
    While I’m here not sure if this is a positive but spoke to my eldest grandson, not too far from 14, last night and his voice is breaking ….. oh he’s growing up and, to all intents and purposes, we have missed the last 20 months of his life, which are not to be recaptured, BUT …. hope and faith is still with us that life will have a little more ‘normality’ in the months to come ….. fingers crossed!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi ELLIEMAE and welcome to the gang!
    Hurray! So glad to not be Billy No Mates any longer,lots of pals posting!
    VERANO I empathise about yr grandson..saw SILs little nephew for first time in so long yesterday and he’s no longer that cuddly little boy wanting to sit on your knee,have lots of hugs . He’s still just as lovely but in that time gap he’s grown up a lot (probably because he’s now got an adorable baby bro)
    SUNNY it sounds like Turkey really is the best place for bargains!
    *~ I’m tired but happy! Went to see DDs best friend emerge from church in all her wedding finery! She had an autumnal theme and the colours were so beautiful. It was so exciting!
    Thirty years ago she and DD were little newbies at big school,now they’ve been each other’s bridesmaids. I’m invited tonight but too many people at the party for Beau and me at the moment. The main thing was to see the gorgeous bride in her dress this morning.
    *~ While DD and SIL were busy with the wedding I popped into their house,emptied the dishwasher,fed the cat,tidied round. First time I’ve done that since just before lockdown March 2020. All neat and cosy now for their return home later.
    *~ Beau had his booster today,no ill effects so far
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Have a Happy Sunday Everyone ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Ahh Yowzer weddings, how joyous, and boy do we need joy at the moment. I just realised today that the British have stopped talking about their favourite topic …. the weather…. now all obsessed with other things …. hopefully we can all start talking about the weather again soooooon….
    I do have a few positives but as usual they focus on food…..
    1.🌶🧄🧅🫑 Making a huge great pot of bolognese sauce as we ‘speak’. We are trying to cut down on red meat so I’m adding some french lentils to this batch. I’ve started adding puy lentils to other minced beef dishes and they really bulk the dishes out without much altering the taste so helping us to cut down a little on red meat.
    2. 🍞🍞🍞I know this doesn’t look too BSD friendly but I’ve eaten virtually no bread in the last five years. I discovered Livlife low carb bread (there are other brands available) about 12 months or so ago and have used it as an occasional ‘treat’. The last 3 or 4 days I’ve been having a few slices for lunch instead of Ryvita. Well! What can I say I feel fuller so don’t eat again until dinner. I feel more satisfied than with crispbreads. Most importantly, although each slice of bread is double the calories of the crispbread it has almost 50% less carbs! My finger prick blood sugars have been much lower since I started to eat ‘bread’. Weird but wonderful!
    Now I’m going to test water drinking …. I need to drink more so am going to experiment over the next week of so to see if ‘more water = more weight loss’.
    Anyway, almost the start of a new week, new hopes, new aspirations, new days to enjoy.
    P.S. I just happened to look, by accident, at the first posts on this thread and WOW they were so short and sweet ….. we really can find positives in most things if we really try. Have a good week.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Yowzer, you are it seems one of life’s optimists, with a childlike delight which comes out when you mention amongst others your beau, Teddy the dog and the changing seasons. You have your own voice, ditch the quotes and the visual embellishments! I want the detailed daily menus.
    Kudos for the anti-monarchy stance btw.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy VERANO just called by to Echo yr words about LivLife,I really enjoy it too,it’s v tasty and satisfying!
    If I remember rightly,100 g is about 245 cals and 10 carbs. 100 g is between three or four slices. I think I heard but not sure if it’s true,that when breads toasted it weighs less,so possibly you could make four ( small but filling ) slices of LivLife toast.
    V Funnily enough I’ve challenged myself today to drink more water! 👍👍 Go us!
    Well it wdnt be right to leave without leaving at least one positive. So let me think…
    *~ Only six sleeps til me and DD have three days away together
    *~ Tv good for me tonight. Am following two dramas ..Ridley Rd and Angela Black,both on tonight
    *~ Had long and enjoyable chat with neighbour earlier..another neighbour kept popping her head out of her front door to tell us every time Liverpool scored a goal in this afternoons match.!
    *~ Friend sent me photo of lovely pictures she’s made from the falling leaves…also a nice quote…
    “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never seen them dancing on a windy day”
    Have a Wonderful Week and don’t forget to be grateful for all those positives,big and small xxxx
    🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oops hi SIXT sorry only saw yr message after I replied to VERANO’s
    Yep I am an optimist,which I must say,comes in handy when posting on a positive thoughts thread! 😀
    Not sure what you mean by detailed daily menus,but have to confess I’m no cook,so I can’t really offer any.
    Quotes,if you don’t enjoy quotes,be my guest and just don’t read them. X
    Have a fab week! 🥳 X

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Agreed, I don’t need to read any quote plucked from wherever. The point was more about hearing the voice of the poet in you.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Alas SIXT I ‘m no more a poet than I am a cook! x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just a quick drop in as it’s later here, but today has presented a couple of positives I wanted to share …
    Firstly, today was one of those ‘everything’s right with the world days’ for me. The weather was just right …. sunny clear blue sky, hot but not too hot, occasional gentle cooling breeze …. you know the type of thing. OH and I spent an hour in a fav cafe/bar sipping drinks and people watching, before an afternoon relaxing on our terrace reading.
    Secondly, we booked our 25th anniversary trip to Singapore and The Maldives today. It’s not until next autumn, but I’m really excited to have that locked in.

That’s it for now …. Time to snuggle down and get some sleep after a delightful day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY☀️ and all,SUNNY I hope you have another “everything’s right with my world” day today!🥰
    *~ All good here. Earlier was observing the world go by while having a cuppa on the balcony. Saw the young couple who are moving house today coming home with breakfasts from McDonalds ( other fast food establishments available) before they get stuck into moving their possessions,people getting into cars to go to work,kids off to school,people heading off to the shops,etc. So mundane and ordinary,but what a blessing when you think about it. Here we’re doing “ normal” everyday things while there are many in other places whose lives are far less simple and much less free. Got to be thankful for that 🙏
    *~ Got a first world problem,but in a good way,all my trousers seem to be either too big now,or too small still. I better lose some more weight fast!
    *~ Off out later,don’t know where yet,it’ll be a magical mystery tour!
    Enjoy your afternoon and evening! XX
    And always remember 🌻🍁 Kindness is like snow.It beautifies everything it covers” 🌻🍁( Kahlil Gibran)

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi
    Sunny looks like you’re going to find it very difficult to leave your holiday home. Guess it must be so much nicer out of ‘season’ when the heat abates as do the tourists! Ahh, Singapore is one my favourite places and I really hope we can visit again one day. We’ve never been to the Maldives but, fingers crossed, we are due to spend an overnight stop there on a cruise in December 22. It’s just so good to have something to look forward to.
    Yowzer, isn’t ‘normal’ wonderful ….. let’s hope ‘normal’ soon becomes ‘real life’ for all of us again! Hope you enjoyed your ‘magical mystery tour’!
    Just one positive for me today……
    🌁🏞🎇 Today I took a trip down memory lane. I recently had the operating system on my very old laptop updated and so I now have access to loads of old photos. Spent a lovely few hours reminiscing but also a bit shocked when a couple of dear friends, who are no longer with us, popped up smiling on my screen …. happy memories.
    Hope Monday was positive for all …. if not Tuesday is just around the corner!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Just wanted to pop in to report my positives today as it’s an ‘all is well with world’ day ……
    1.🥕🧅🧑🏻‍🍳 Made a huge pot of lentil soup for my grandsons as it’s their favourite.
    2. 🧑🏻‍🏫❤️🧑🏻‍💻 Hugs all around. It’s so good to have some sort of normal. Think they have been fed fertiliser as both have grown like weeds! They tower over my little 5’2” now!
    3. ⚖️🧅⚖️First time in an age that I have actually weighed and measured all my ingredients for the soup and entered them into FatSecret. Eye opening!!! I obviously have to stop guestimating and get ‘real’ again. I will start measuring all my batch cooking from now on.
    Hope Tuesday had been kind to you …. if not tomorrow is a new day that can be filled with positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone!V I totally agree that guesstimates can hold a nasty shock..done it many times and always dismayed when reality kicks in! 😀
    Lovely that the grandsons are growing fast! I too am 5’2”..I think I used to be 5’3” ..it’s a pity we don’t shrink widthways as we age rather than lengthways!
    Have got a few modest positives from my day…
    *~ My internet is behaving strangely these last few days,but caught up on emails with old school pals and my nephew and niece. Lots of news and all good 👍👍 thats what I like to hear!
    *~ it’s too soon,but can’t wait…started packing for weekend away..made lists and ticking things off..it’s surprising how much you need for just three days away.
    *~ Also a bit soon but looks good,spotted it today..people who live locally always put on a great spooky Halloween display in their front garden. I think if I remember rightly Mum does a ( really good) Christmas display and her son does the Halloween one
    This quote is so true..and I’m trying to make sure I don’t do it in everyday conversations with people.
    The biggest communication problem is we don’t listen to understand..we listen to reply

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi chums x
    Good things about my day today!
    *~ two nice cosy new jumpers today to take away for the weekend 🎶🎶
    *~blustery walk by the river,it was fantastic,really wild weather,took our breath away. Makes you realise,every breath in life is a miracle. The first thing and the last thing we do.
    *~ old school friend posted a little gift to me today,two gingham bags of lavender,smells lovely! Home made.. And a home made card. I really appreciate presents made by hand,they’re extra special.
    Knocked out by the fresh air,off to bed! Night night/ goodmorning! 💜XX

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi all,Yowser I’m just about to go to bed too and read your lovely positives so have thought of some myself:
    😴Had best night’s sleep in a while last night,probably due to 2 days of healthy eating.I always find it amazing how quickly a better diet shows results for me.
    🎉Went to hospital with my Mum this morning for follow up X-ray to check her hip replacement is doing well.They were very pleased with her progress and everything looked great.
    😋Ordered Fast800 Easy recipe book this morning which was delivered tonight and there are definitely some lovely new recipes I intend to make from it.Also looked at Dr Claire Bailey’s Instagram today which had some nice recipe ideas.
    That’s all from me for now,will check in again tomorrow.Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So lovely to see lots of positives being posted and old friends dropping in again, to share their high points too. Really pleased your mum is doing well with her hip replacement, Dawn.
    Yowser, thank you for making sure this thread is keep in our consciousness, by sharing you positives daily.
    V, likewise it is wonderful to see you sticking with us here and determinedly finding positives to share more frequently. OH and I adore the Maldives … we honeymooned in Singapore and the Maldives and redo that trip every 5yrs. This will be our 6th such trip, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Anyway, currently still in Turkey and a few positives to report …..
    📆 still have a few weeks to enjoy here and the weather is holding up well.
    🍖 joining friends for a bbq this evening.
    👷‍♂️met with our builder/architect and 🤞the building of our villa should be starting next week.

That’s me for now, off to jump in the shower and prepare for the day ahead. Going to take a walk into town to browse a few shops, before soaking up a few rays🌞 this afternoon. Have a good day everyone and please remember, we’d love to read your positives, so do share if you have a minute or two.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DAWN Good news yr mums hip replacement and you sleeping well. 👏👏👏👏
    SUNNY did you snap up any bargains today? Exciting about the build! 🙂🙃
    How’s everyone,hope you’re enjoying life! My positives for today…
    *~ All my trousers are now either clownlike or a bit tight,but luckily I came across a pair I had forgotten all about.
    I bought them in the hospital clothes shop after an outpatients appt..must be two years or more ago. They’re not too big ,not too small,just right! So I feel like baby bear in Goldilocks and the three bears.😀😀😀
    *~ Wore a poncho today and got complimented twice! Never had one before and highly recommend as it’s warm but light and hides bumps and lumps
    *~ Not very hungry lately,which is a massive plus,makes life easier. That’s the magic of low carb! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello all.
    So good to read all your positives.
    Yowzer … trousers …. great!
    Sunny …. new build …. fingers crossed!
    Dawn … great news about your mum hope she’s becoming pain free and walking better.
    Well, for me …. no email access today but hey positives to outweigh that little setback……
    1, 🥂🥗🥩 Out for lunch with friends yesterday …. food secondary just good to have ‘normal’ company again.
    2. 🥦🌶🫑Lunch here today with a couple of relatives…. again just nice to have a sociable afternoon.
    3.🚿🧖🏻‍♀️🚿Treated myself to some expensive hair treatments on offer and tried them yesterday for the first time …. wonderful!
    Hope Thursday was good for you …… if not Friday is not far away!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Just to say that I thought of Yowzer and Verano today on reading obit in Times of Sir Joe Dwyer, of Wimpey and then Liverpool Vision in early 2000’s…don’t know the city at all but it mentions regeneration of Lime Street station, King’s Dock and M&S Bank Arena (formerly Liverpool Arena). Hope £2bill well spent, the obit mentions an apprentice scheme as well. Yowzer enjoy your weekend away.
    Sunny, I don’t know if “planting some tulip bulbs” can compete with villas and exotic holidays. Spring colour v stonking pension fund …

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, right now I’m worried none of my trousers will fit me when I get home, so well done on your current Goldilocks situation …. I know it’s been well earned.
    V, completely with you on ‘normal’ company …. we have just arrived home after the bbq with friends and it was so good to just sit around a table with a group and chat.
    Time to sleep now …. sleep 😴 well everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.