Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Sunny it’s great isn’t it just to have ‘normal’ even if it is a sort of ‘new’ normal . Don’t worry too much about trousers just enjoy, time enough to get back on track when you get home.
    So number one positive ….
    1.📧💻📧 email access now restored after 24hours and many phone calls! Can’t believe how ‘helpless’ I’ve felt not being able to access my mail. Makes me realise we need to have a back-up to our ‘electronic’ lives.
    2.🌧☔️🌧Wet day, in fact torrential rain at times, but lovely to have a ‘quiet’ day at home with little to do.
    3.🧅🧄🫑 No mushroom emojis but I’m attempting a vegetarian meal tomorrow making mushroom stroganoff. I’ve got king oyster, chestnut, button and woodland mushrooms so hopefully they will make a good meat alternative. Will report back with success or failure!
    Have a great weekend …. hopefully full of positives.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just noticed …… we’re on page 101!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just dropping in to whoop with joy at the roll over onto the 101 page of positives ….. congratulations to everyone who has contributed here and long may it continue!!!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO,hope yr veggie cooking goes well
    SUNNY I’ve packed so much for my trip of three days,so much seemed necessary!
    You must have packed tons for the big Turkey trip! Will be great when you have your lovely Turkey villa,you can travel light,coz you can keep a spare of everything there!👍👍🥳
    *~ Yayyyyyyy! Page 101,whoooooo hoooooo!
    *~ DDs MIL is visiting..she’s a ..tricky …shall we say…type of person,but was actually quite nice company today!
    *~ Hung coconut halves out on the trees and the birds are already pecking away and tucking in !
    Enjoy yr weekend everyone!xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Just a quick post to say my mushroom stroganoff turned into mushroom and lentil curry ……it was wonderful, didn’t miss chicken, so that’s my positive for today! It was wonderful! Looking to have maybe two nights a week plant based….. OH is wondering when we are going to start eating ‘grass’!!!
    Have a good weekend.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Mushroom and lentil curry sounds tasty, V. Think my OH would be asking the same question as yours, if I tried to move us to two veggie dinners a week. Have to say, since I started BSD back in 2016 and removed the cabbage from our meals, he has actually learnt to eat veg now. Think completely veggie meals would not be well received though 🤭.

Anyway, thought I’d drop by with some positives….
    🍲 made a very tasty butter chicken curry last evening.
    🎁 ticked two Christmas presents off the list yesterday.
    😌 treated myself to a bangle bracelet yesterday. Just costume jewellery, but really pretty design with twinkly stones.
    ☕ found a lovely new coffee shop whilst out walking yesterday … Will definitely be going back.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone….
    🎃👻🕸🕷🧙‍♀️ Happy Halloween folks!!🧙‍♀️🕷🕸👻🎃

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi VERANO ..happy Halloween! Youre the ghostess with the mostess with your mushroom and lentil curry.. 😀
    And SUNNY you too have made me want sthing very tasty for dinner tonight.
    My positives today..
    *~ Lovely smooth sunny ride to the cottage yesterday!
    *~ It’s even cosier and lovelier than it looks online!
    *~ Fish and chips for dinner last night.Every bit as nice as expected,if not more so. Think tummy’s shrunk tho,manfully tried to clear plate ( DD ate every scrap on hers ) but I could only manage about a third of the chips and half the fish.
    Pouring down today but quite happy,it’s cosy indoors. Hope the rain goes off soon,I need to walk off some calories,but its really just a big excuse to go to the ice cream shop!
    I want Turkish Delight ice cream! 😍
    Hope everyone’s looking forward to a great week ahead.
    Happy Halloween xx 🎃👻☠️👀🎃

• posted by Verano
    on

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! (to those who celebrate). Happy November (to those who don’t!)
    Yowzer, all sounds lovely especially Turkish delight ice cream …. makes me think of Sunny too! I used to love Turkish delight but have to admit to not eating since 2016. Apart from very dark chocolate if I were to choose a sweet of choice it would be chocolate coated ginger or even Borders (other makes are available!), chocolate coated ginger biscuits ….. anyway, moving swiftly on I have a few positives….
    1.🥕🧅🍗 Huge pan of chicken soup simmering as we speak.
    2. ☔️🌧☔️ Wet, wet day here but nice and cosy inside so had a lovely ‘Lazy Sunday Afternoon’ catching up on GBB. I’m really enjoying this series with so many lovely characters.
    3. 🧄🌶🍗 Rest of chicken in a pot roasting in the oven ….. sorry so boring …. my life revolves around food!
    Too wet to go out for me, especially with falling autumn leaves, although old cherry tree down the road is turning wonderful colours, so a spectacular show, but they will soon blow away!
    Not to be gloomy, this is a ‘positive’ thread after all, let’s welcome November with all its charms!
    Have a good week!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Woohoo it’s November!how did heck did that happen? Time goes so fast.
    My positives…
    *~ Last day at the cottage,it’s dark outside right now even tho it’s only teatime! We’re very cosy by the fire looking out at the lights twinkling as far as the eye can see across the salt marshes and the River Dee all the way to Wales!
    *~ Lovely Indian takeaway last night after SUNNY and VERANO talking about their curries! Leftovers from that for lunch today 🥰 even better the next day 😍
    *~ Turkish Delight ice cream was yummers! X

• posted by Verano
    on

NOVEMBER! Just one more month after this to a bright start to a New Year …. which hopefully will take us back to some sort of ‘normal’.
    In the meantime, not to wish our lives away, today needs to be celebrated for what it is. So to my positives for the say ……
    1,🧘🏻‍♂️🌈🧘🏻‍♂️ Third day in a row of meditation. My new routine starts with me getting up around 6.30 to 7am and instead of putting on the TV news I spend 10 minutes with my meditation app. What a wonderful way to start the day, cool and collected!
    2.⚖️🌈⚖️ Just about on target with my 1b a week drop. I know it sounds really easy to make just 1pound a week but I’ve been finding it really hard …. could be the curries even if they are home made! Anyway, fingers crossed, tomorrow will see another pound gone.
    3. 🛏🎁🛏 Bought some lovely new bedding a few weeks ago….. dullish navy background with huge great open cream poppy like flowers. Put it on the bed today and WOW it looks wonderful. It’s brightened up the bedroom no end …. funny how we get so used to using the same stuff over and over again that we stop noticing. Sometimes we just need to update a little something in our lives to upscale our feelings!
    Have a good evening, a good week and definitely a good November!

• posted by Verano
    on

Just a very quick hello!
    Meditation this morning, lovely healthy meal tonight…. chicken breasts with cauliflower mash, asparagus and sprouts…. all good here….
    Hope Tuesday has been positive for you …. if not, Wednesday is just around the corner, so let’s make it a super ‘positive’ day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii friends!x
    *~ V im happy to hear you’re meditating,such a great way to start or end the day,or any time in between! 👍
    *~ Home now from the holiday cottage and ready to buckle down again to low carbing after all the treats we enjoyed.
    *~ Got a bad cold but lemon,honey and hot water, and some paracetamol are helping. And I’m cosy,back in my own bed ( the beds in the cottage were superbly comfy too) Good to be home again!🎶🎶🎶
    🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️🍁⭐️
    PS …V your new bedding sounds lovely,I like navy and cream together,very smart x

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Sorry to hear about your cold Yowzer but hope it’s getting better. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you feel up to it.
    A few positives for me today ……
    1.🍽🧒Friend who I’ve not seen for ages coming for dinner tonight … really looking forward to catching up.
    2. 🥂🎂🍸Just managed to get my children and grandchildren to all agree to come for a birthday lunch just before Christmas. Miracle they are all free together.
    3. More food related! Have also organised Christmas lunch here …. whoopee. Hoping, with everything crossed, to spend December 22 away for a special birthday and the festivities! Long time away and anything could happen I guess!
    Hope Wednesday was a good day …. if not Thursday is just around the corner!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,V it sounds like you’re full of positive plans! Hope you’re enjoying dindins as I type
    My pizzas…positives! Autocue decided to make positives into pizzas!
    *~ Feeling pretty rough today and had to cancel my booster.but so grateful that I could rest in bed all day.
    *~ Despite a heavy cold,I slept for eight hours last night..not often I get such long deep sleep!
    *~ Upside of having no appetite means I can more easily repair the damage wrought by fish and chips,wine etc at the cottage! And I’m sure incessant sneezing must use up quite a few calories😀xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Been out of the loop for a few days, but back for a few positives now.
    Yowser, love the idea that energetic sneezing must use more calories! And actually, you’re probably right.
    V, loving your family related foodie positives. At present, I have a big turkey on order for Christmas, but no confirmed guests! OH and I could be in for a turkey binge through to the New Year.

Anyway, positives from me …..
    🌞 gloriously sunny day here again and around 24c, so will be soaking up some rays again this afternoon. Weather is meant to be getting better in the next few days too.
    🧺 the good weather means I can get some laundry dry outside… one batch just finishing in the washer and a second waiting to go in. Both should be dry by evening.
    ☕ been out this morning for a few groceries and sat outside at a little cafe people watching. Also had some baklava …. I know, NOT a good move but the positive is it made me feel queasy, so won’t be doing that again!
    Those will do for me today, nothing huge, but regardless, they are still positives. And finally ….
    🎆🕯🥂🎉🎊🥳 Happy Diwali everyone… hope it lights the way to better times for all 🥳🎊🎉🥂🕯🎆

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY you’ve brought a breath of sun and warm air to our November day!☀️☀️☀️
    *~ First positive…thank heavens for vaccines..have just tested positive for covid..yikes..I thought I just had a cold but did lateral test,fully expecting negative result as usual. I feel better than the last few days tho,so am not too worried,will just isolate as instructed.
    *~ Soooo glad the few people I’ve been in touch with this last week are double jabbed too.
    *~ Thankful I’ve got everything I need around me,so no worries re shopping etc etc. At the moment pretty much all I want is lemon and honey drinks,a hot water bottle and a comfy bed anyway!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Crikey Yowser, that’s a shocker…. hope you’ll soon be properly well again soon. Fingers crossed everyone you’ve had contact with, will stay well. Snuggle up and pamper yourself a little. Take care and please keep us posted on your recovery. Big hugs …🤗🤗🤗

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks SUNNY …one upside is that I haven’t seen anyone except DD for the last week,as we were away at the cottage.
    I saw my Beau before we went,and he’s gone for a test today,DD having one too and SIL.
    The irony tho,me and DD having health probs leading to poor immune systems,means we have had so little contact since March 2020..the minute we relax and go away together this happens! 🙄 😀 xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope Beau, DD and SIL all test negative. Given you were poorly whilst away, likelihood is you had already picked up the virus at some point before you went away … these things always have an incubation period.
    Anyway, wishing you all well and hoping for least impact. Be well again soon.🤗🤗

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks SUNNY! ,yep I must have caught it about 5-6 days before we went to the cottage…it does make you want to know exactly where you picked it up!
    have just read that the Delta variant can present more like a bad cold,which is how Ive been for the last six,seven days.
    So far,Beau,DD are negative..also kind neighbour who took my case off me on my return has done a test ( negative)
    Very thankful for that!🙏 Hope SIL will be the same.
    Im just happy the miserable cold symptoms have more or less vanished today.
    It all fades into insignificance as heard earlier that a dear friends daughter has been rushed into hospital with brain haemorrhage. Friend not allowed to stay with her,and hospital 70 miles away.xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Yowzer …. so sorry to hear about your illness. Everything crossed that you are over the worst and on the way to recovery.
    Sunny …. keep enjoying…. loving knowing the sun is shining and warm somewhere!!
    Will pop by in the morning with sone positives…. have a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Here we go,Friday again,the weekend starts here! Happy Guy Fawkes to those who celebrate ( ‘ Bommie Night’ as it’s known here) Please watch out for pets,they can find the noises upsetting.
    My positives…
    *~ Slept very well. Have slept much better than normal this last week. Feels very healing
    *~ I can’t smell them,but I’m using a lot of lavender and tea tree essential oils,so glad I always have them in my home.
    *~ A few deliveries due,which always brightens my day. They’ll have to be left by my closed front door,so no germs escape!😀

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day everyone,hope everybody’s feeling tippetytop!🥳🎶🥳

*~ Pleased to hear they’ve come up with a pill for covid. Not a fan of medication or Big Pharma but maybe this is just what we need. Got to be thankful for the bright brains that can conjure up vaccinations and remedies.
    *~ Nicely losing the “cottage- fish-chips-icecream-bloatiness” due to eating v little for the last few days. Thank you covid!
    *~ Got lots to listen to and books to read ( tho haven’t got much energy for reading) so I’m having a cosy day. The winds whistling outside so I’m not too disappointed to be indoors.
    Thought for today……
    🌻~ “ If the only prayer you ever say is thank you,that would be enough”~ 🌻

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Yowzer your sounding bright …. good to hear.
    Well I’ve been having a ‘quiet’ time these last few days, which has been lovely. Thought I should just pop by to say ‘hello’.
    My first positive is that everything is calm …. wonderful.
    Out tonight for dinner at our neighbours and hoping for a ‘traditional’ Indian meal.
    The weather may have been damp, cold and dreary today but used my new shampoo and conditioner so hair feels ‘luxurious’ …. can’t be bad!
    Have a good evening and a peaceful Sunday.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii gang!
    VERANO hope you enjoyed dining with neighbours!
    *~ All’s well here. Got PCR result today ( positive) Not good of itself of course,but upside is I don’t feel nearly as bad as I did a week ago. And people are so kind. Have had texts and emails offering help if needed.
    *~ Poor DDs suffering more than me – and it’s her bday- but at least theres prezzys and cards to cheer her up! I’ll ring her at 10 to 12 like I always do on her bday,as that’s the time she was born..came in a hurry,very short labour. She says she wanted to arrive in time for lunch and ( quote) “ Ive never missed a meal since”! 😁
    *~ As George said,” All Things Must Pass” so no doubt covid will too. My sense of smells returning and my midriff is retreating due to eating less! Not much appetite when everything tastes like cotton wool!
    Take care everyone,have a groovy week ahead! XXX
    💥⭐️ Today I give thanks for all the things in my life that don’t need fixing 💥⭐️

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope Mondays going well/ gone well for my fellow positive-ers! 🌻🌻🌻
    Not much happening here but…
    *~ I’m listening to audiobook of Bob Mortimers autobiography,it’s very funny and it’s keeping me laughing,and laughter is the best medicine!
    *~ DDs bday yesterday and mine tomorrow- we’re planning to celebrate joint belated bday,weekend 20 th Nov 🥳🥳
    *~ Feel like taste buds are returning to some extent….hmmmmm…
    Just remembered theres ice cream in the freezer!!😍think a bowl of it is called for under the circs! 👏👏 even if I can’t 100 % taste it 💕
    *~ Finished doing the Test and Trace thing,takes a while to do,but it’s necessary. Praying that all who crossed my germy path are ok 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, enjoy your celebratory bowl of ice cream, think it is definitely needed! Loved the quote you finished with yesterday … really something we should all appreciate.

Thought it was high time for me to post some positives, so here goes ….
    🎉 have had a couple of days visiting friends, lovely to catch up with them all properly.
    🏡 at long last, the concrete was poured for the villa base this evening ….. feels like a major step forward to have even a tiny bit more than a patch of bare earth, after a wait of 11mths!
    😌 looking forward to a day out with friends tomorrow.

If any positives have blessed your day, no matter how great or small, please do share them with us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks SUNNY! Exciting news about your new house!! Do you think you might move there full time or will it be your holiday bolt hole and escape from the English weather?
    My positives on this Terrific Tuesday…
    *~ Looked out in the very early hours of my birthday and saw two foxes in the garden. Haven’t seen any for ages,tho I’ve put food out on the field for them every night ( SIL doing it now I’m confined to barracks) They both looked sturdy and healthy. I felt like they had come to say Happy Birthday. Also,two of the neighbourhood cats. Cats and foxes seemed to be getting along harmoniously,quite comfortable with each other 💕
    *~ Birthday goodies today consist of..some fruit! Have had an apple,a pear and a banana. A russet apple,my favourite.. A juicy pear and a spotty banana..I like them the spottier the better. Ok I cdnt taste them really well but it’s a rare treat,I only normally have berries. The birthday cake remains in the freezer for now. This year I’ll be like the Queen and have two birthdays!..one today and a much more celebratory one on weekend Nov 20 th-21
    *~ When I’m covid free (soon)I should be brimming with antibodies and able to roam more widely,at least for a little while,just like in the Good Old Days ( remember them?) when I was a “free ranging tabby” – as a young guy once called me – out and about without a care in the world about germs.
    Enjoy the day/ evening/ night and….
    🌻🌷 Leave a garden of blessings wherever you go 🌻🌷XX

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Happy Birthday Yowser🎂 I hope you’ve had a lovely day and are feeling a lot better now.Some positives whilst I’m here:
    🎉Took my Mum supermarket shopping today for first time in ages.Tuesday mornings were always our food shop day before the pandemic.She really enjoyed it.It was the most normal we’ve felt for a long time.We wore masks and used plenty of hand gel before and after.
    🙂Got a bargain top on eBay,brand new and about a third of the price I would have paid for it on QVC
    🎄Doing well with my Christmas shopping(not as organised as you Yowser but I’m getting there! )
    Hope everyone is having a good week.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thank you DAWN x I’m glad you’ve had a good and more normal day,feels nice doesnt it, and that your Mums getting out and about.
    Plus you got a bargain on good old eBay!👍👍
    How’s yr Dad,I was thinking of you and him last night as there was a documentary on about care homes.

I meant to say earlier as another positive..
    *~ Sixty years ago today,on my 12 th birthday,Brian Epstein walked into the Cavern Club to hear the Beatles play,and the rest is history
    I already knew of the Beatles as my 16 year old sister was a frequent Cavern visitor and raved about them constantly. My bemused Dad,only half listening, used to tell her if there were “ beetles” in the club,she should stop going.
    Five years later,on my 17 th birthday,John Lennon met Yoko Ono in London.
    I like to think my birth date holds significance for the Fab Four too!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

My Dad’s not too bad thanks Yowzer.My sister and I saw him last week and he knew us but was in his own little world.He sleeps a lot of the time and is looking extremely thin still but we feel that probably won’t change now.My Mum was telling me about a care home programme she watched last night so it was probably the same one you watched,she said the staff in it were amazing.Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you back with some positives, Dawn. Pleased your mum is doing well and that you had a good visit with your dad. Well done on bagging the new top … I love an ebay bargain!

Today has been uneventful, which is a positive in many ways, but does make it tricky to find more to report. Here goes though…..
    💨🌬 despite there being quite a gusty wind today, it was still warm.
    🛏 found somewhere local that sells real woven cotton bed sheets, instead of jersey knit ones that wear badly and need frequent replacement.
    🍲 made dinner from leftovers this evening, so now the fridge is free from little pots of stuff being ‘saved’.

If you have a few minutes, please do tell us about your positives ….. and if none spring to mind, why not share a lovely memory instead.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DAWN yes,the staff were brilliant,specially a young lad of nineteen.
    SUNNY comfy soft sheets are so important!
    *~ I’ve just changed my bed and now back in it and grateful for it. Today shd be my freedom day except I woke up covered in an itchy rash..didn’t know til I looked it up that it’s a covid symptom. Very grateful for nice fresh bed,clean nighty,antihistamines and body wash and cream specially made for soothing rashes!
    *~ Worn out after shower and bed change,very happy to rest in bed for a while and listen to the radio
    *~ A nice memory..this time two years ago I was staying in a lovely hotel celebrating my 70 th…champers and prezzys and best of all,surprise guests!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, sorry you are still struggling with the covid fall-out, but thanks for sharing your lovely positive memory …. something happy to dream off in you fresh comfy bed.
    Bit early for positives here, except to say we’re well, the weather is bright (if very windy and a bit chilly), bed made up fresh for tonight and I don’t need to worry about cooking, as we’re eating with friends tonight.
    Hope your day is blessed with a few positives too, whatever you are doing.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,Fridays here! X
    My positives …
    *~ Received parcel in post from SILs sister… lovely box of brownies from a shop called Cake or Death! In freezer now alongside birthday cake,for that happy day….. 🎶🎶 Ohhhh Happy Day 🎶🎶🎶 …..when DD and I are lurgy free and no longer scratching!
    *~ Rash has got worse….yep! it’s now head to toe rashiness,and I can’t help scratching,but thank goodness for antihistamines which do help a bit! A rash is covid symptom 4 after fever,cough,loss of smell. Those three symptoms are no longer a problem for me,yippeee,for which I’ll be eternally grateful 👍👍
    *~ Should be out of personal locko by now,but am not,due to rash. Looking on the bright side,I haven’t got any energy for facing the world yet,so I’m content to stay home lounging around like a lazy lump!😀
    Enjoy yr weekend,friends! XX keep smiling! SUNNY hope you enjoyed last night,ditto tonight if it’s Date Night xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! Hope yr weekends going with a swing!
    *~ I was convinced I wd wake rash free today but no,not so far anyhoo! Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Have enjoyed watching the world go by from my window,good job I’m nosey,it helped pass a bit of time when not up to reading or tv.
    Saw one neighbour carefully washing his bike after a long ride( he cycles quite a long way most days) a few neighbours out with their dogs,my neighbour with the baby who was born very prem out proudly pushing her bundle of joy in his pram.
    The usual Saturday guys were playing rugby on the field and the ball shot over the hedge at one point and the guy washing his bike paused to retrieve the ball and throw it back.
    *~ That’s the long and short of my day,nothing else to report except grocery deliv arrived,nothing missed out👍👍 and a catalogue from Bettys of Harrogate in the post..(lots of Xmas goodies to eat with my eyes..non fattening that way)!……
    and good news from a friend who lives in Istanbul..He’s come through surgery and now convalescing…hopefully won’t suffer with back pain any more 💕💜❤️XX

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer …. sounds like very many good positives from you and your neighbourhood.
    All quiet here …. which is good …. don’t have more to say today other than I have a feeling of ‘inner calm’. Not felt like this in a very, very long time…. probably since March 2020…..
    Sunny …. concrete laid …. wonderful …. first step to a new wonderful life change (or holiday home)
    Have to keep talking HUGE great breaths to stay on track at the moment …. but they are working so all well here.
    Enjoy Sunday …. as sunshine-girl says ‘keep on keeping’……

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, quiet is good and even better when you can appreciate it with an inner calm. It’s actually a huge positive to have that in your life.
    Yowser, sorry you are not yet rash free and back to your old self, but so pleased that you are able to find little pleasures to make things bearable.

My positives are …..
    🌸 breakfasted with friends this morning. Great company and chance to really chat and laugh together.
    🌸 nights are getting colder here now, so glad of a quilt to cosy under.
    🌸 bought some lovely handmade slippers in the market yesterday in a beautiful teal colour.
    🌸 looking forward to a roast chicken dinner tonight.

All simple little things, but all blessings in their own way. Hope you can find some of those today as well and that you might decide to share some of them with us too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well hello kiddos,hope everyone is feeling great today.
    It’s so good you’re feeling quiet and calm V! do you think it’s because you’ve been meditating. I love the feeling of peace it gives.
    SUNNY those slippers sound fab!
    My small Sunday positives…
    *~ I’m still The Itchy and Scratchy Show!….but it s nearly the end of day 5 of rashiness…! Tomorrow may be the wonderful day I wake up without bright pink itching skin!🙏🙏 feel sure it’s coming soon.
    *~ A friend mentioned a website called redbubble where he buys t shirts (other websites available ) Really enjoyed browsing there..some great sayings on their T-shirts..
    They also have some fantastic greetings cards and postcards. ..bought some! Might go back for a tshirt!
    *~ Now watching a documentary about the Beach Boys. I love their music. During an ad break,one advert used the song Higher and Higher ( Jackie Wilson) It has to be one of my top twenty favourite songs,so I’m in heaven at the moment!
    🎶🎶🎶 Let the music play!🎶🎶🎶🎶
    🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi chums!
    *~ My first positive has to be,found myself still signed in from yesterday,so didn’t need to log in!woohoo! I usually get signed out within minutes! Even tho I tick remember me.
    *~ BIG pozz of the day!!!! I’m doing a happy little dance…My rash has gone,I did a negative covid test,I booked booster 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 I’m freeeee! First thing I did was go and feed the squirrels,birds and foxes. Felt good to be outdoors! Yayyyyy! A neighbour stuck his head out of the window and shouted Are you better now,and clapped when I said yes.
    *~ Third pozz..can book an appt at hairdressers! 👍👍👍👍
    Leaving germ free hugs for everyone xxx😀

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, rash free and covid negative … wooohooo!!!!!! Enjoy every moment of that sense of freedom.

Positives from me …..
    🌞 bought lovely fresh veg in the market this morning, for next to nothing … for instance, a kilo of aubergine for a smidge less than 50p.
    🌞 OH has finished painting doors and door frames, which has freshened up the apartment nicely.
    🌞 looking forward to a couple of days out of resort later this week.

What was your positive today? Do tell.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY lovely to get veggy bargains! X and well done Hub on painting!👍👍👍
    Enjoy yr days out X
    My pozz’s…
    *~ My first real outing post covid. Haircut,fed the ducks,had a coffee. Home now and very happy!🥰
    *~ Nephew sent me photos of his three rescue cats..mum and two daughters. They look so well and contented, all three curled up together
    *~ One year ago today just by chance I was able to reunite a beautiful cat with his owner. He had been missing for 4 weeks and turned up in my garden and I recognised him from missing cat poster. His owner emailed me today …
    “ Can you believe it was a year ago today that the angels led you into our lives and mended my broken heart”.
    It was one of the best feelings ever to see her with her beloved pet back in her arms! 💜
    Thought for today,with Thanksgiving on the horizon for so many…think it’s a week tomorrow..
    🍂🍁“Through the eyes of gratitude,everything is a miracle” 🍂🍁 ( Mary Davis)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,happy Thursday evening/ Friday morning xx
    *~ Pleased with myself as I turned down offer of a portion of freshly made rhubarb crumble and extra thick cream😇
    *~Foodwise,Saving myself for tomorrow 😀 Going for belated bday lunch tomozz with Beau,then over the weekend having postponed celebrations with DD,opening our prezzys together and having a drink,cake and candles,and other goodies.
    It’s going to be a fab weekend!🥳🎶🎶🥳
    *~ So much good news from abroad today…friend in Tennessee whose DD has been in Intensive Care for 2 weeks is now back home 💕Friend in Canada in touch to let us know they haven’t been affected by the floods there..friend in Turkey recovering well from surgery in his back..friend in Holland who’s fed up with his job has given his notice in and will be pursuing his love of conservation and environment in the New Year! XX!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,I haven’t posted any positives a while but have some today:
    🎉 Back under 12st after losing 5lbs since Monday (mostly water I think)
    😀 Have bought a sweater,gilet and long cardigan from eBay (saw them all on the ‘shopping channel’ and really liked them but got them at half the price I would have paid there and they’re all new)to put away for Christmas for myself.
    🙂 Finally my Mum has had the last check on her bowel,quite a while since the blood tests came back clear.My sister took her to the hospital yesterday for a not very pleasant procedure which we had been worried about.She was fine though bless her.We are hoping we don’t have to wait too long for the results.
    Hope everyone has a good day.Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Long overdue on posting positives, but before I do, Yowser, so glad you are okay and once again able to go out and meet family and friends. Hope you had a wonderful belated birthday celebration.
    Dawn, hope your mum’s results will be in soon and that they are all good.

Okay, well here are some positives from my little corner of Turkey ….
    😌 a lovely couple of days spent out of resort. Day 1 just enjoying a couple of other seaside towns and each others company. Day 2, investigating a wine trail and tasting some very good wines… a few bottles purchased to enjoy later and a lovely lunch at one of the vineyards.
    🌞 still able to sunbathe most afternoons at the moment. Making the most of it while I can.
    🤗 sending time with various friends here, before our time runs out on this visit.
    🏡 first lot of steels in place ready for the 2nd pour of concrete tomorrow for our villa base. With luck and a fair wind, we might actually see the first-floor costructed before we have to return to the UK on 2nd Dec. 🤞

Whatever is happening for you are the moment, really hope you are able to identify some positives too and that you might have a moment to share one or two with us here. Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! SUNNY it sounds like you’re having such a fab time,it will be difficult to leave! But at least when you come back,Christmas is just around the corner X
    DAWN that 5 lb loss is fantastic,a lovely whoosh for you! And you ve got yr gladrags ready for Christmas wear👏👏I hope yr mums results come through soon and then she can relax xx
    My positives…
    *~ Have had a very festive long weekend of birthday fun,food,presents etc! Really really enjoyed it all but more than happy now to return to low carbing again tomorrow.
    *~ This evening two neighbours said, You look great,you’ve lost weight! Which is strange as those remarks followed three days worth of me indulging my Carb Monster and feeling like I’ve ballooned! 😀 And weird really coz the size I am now,some time ago was me on my way UP not down! I guess they’ve forgotten how slim I was when I first moved here in September 2017,after losing so much weight July 2016-July 2017.
    But anyhow,it’s nice to know that I’m well on my way back down again.
    *~ New week about to start,looking forward to what it might bring…just good things for us all I hope.
    Keep counting those blessings xxx goodnight/ goodmorning,
    Heart hugs 💕xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,hope everyone is well and happy today xx
    DAWN well done under 12 stone! 🥳🥳🥳onwards and downwards!X
    SUNNY keep enjoying that lovely sun. I bet you have a nice tan now which is specially nice in the winter months!
    I ve got some positives ( after a stressful 24 hours! )
    *~ GP thought DD possibly had a post covid blood clot ( she’s had back pain and breathlessness since Sunday evening) She had to go to hospital and eventually after some tests was told this morning she doesn’t have a clot 👍👍👍👍👍
    Back home now and sleeping
    *~ More good news today,as Beau told ( after waiting with trepidation for results of endoscopy and colonoscopy) that he doesn’t have cancer. Phew! 👏👏👏👏👏👏
    I love this quote..
    “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.”

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Thursday and happy Thanksgiving to those it applies to!
    My positives 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

~ Cold and bright,my favourite weather and best we can expect for November!
    *~ Beau has made mince pies ….and somebody has to sample them..it’s the law! MincePie Police will be knocking if someone doesn’t do it😁
    *~ DD has some meds to help with her back pain and breathlessness ( diagnosed as damage to lungs post covid) Grateful for all and any help from our overworked NHS staff xx
    ~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️ “ Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. “ ⭐️⭐️⭐️~

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Friday kiddoes!💕💕💕
    My positives..
    *~ Love love love watching the newly released Beatle footage from 1969! Halcyon days of my youth! Happy memories!
    *~ Got my first Christmas card today! A bit early I know,but very nice.
    🥳🎶 Deck the halls with boughs of holly etc!🥳🎶
    *~ Did lots of housework this morning so going to put my trotters up now and …watch more Beatles 👏👏👏👏👏 xx
    😘😘😘 Have a good weekend everyone XXX 🥰🥰🥰

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, thank you for single handedly keeping the positives thread going for the last week. Your upbeat vibe is much appreciated and love that you find positives in even the little things.

Positives from me are …..
    😌 unexpected and impromptu socialising with friends over the last few days.
    🛍 managed to find some fleece tights to wear under trousers for our trip home next week. From the forecasts we’re hearing, they will definitely be needed!
    📖 reading the final book in the Outlander series, completely engrossing and a great way to while away the odd grey day… like today.

Hope you are finding some positives in your day too. Care to share a few?

Please log in or register to post a reply.