Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Great days work JGwen I definitely think you deserve a trip to the beach!
    Merry good to hear things are easing there even if it only very slightly. Fingers crossed it gets easier soon.
    Yowzer so glad your neighbour turned up safe and well. Strange times! Not that sure about mask wearing ….. my 12 year old grandson now has to wear a mask in school …. barbaric springs to mind!
    So today has been another lovely day and that has to make us feel better …..
    πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ“πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ“πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ“Read the best part of a Keto book by Dr Josh Axe. Very interesting and he talks about a keto diet and his mother who has cancer which improved dramatically eating the keto way. I wonder if anyone can remember a similar book that has been spoken about on these threads where a female doctor had similar success with her mother who had cancer?
    πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸ³πŸ₯¦πŸŒΆ Stir fry tonight even though it’s more like salad weather. Just need something spicy.
    πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰ My mother always use to say …. if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing! I’m feeling a little like that at the moment but hey have to find the positive ….. I’m exercising self control and saying nothing!
    Have a good evening/day… find some positives!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Dr Josh Axe is v good V! Im a fan..yes that rings a bell somewhere about the doctor whose mum had cancer…
    V,My mum used to say that too,if you cant say something nice,dont say anything!πŸ’œ
    She also used to say,Dont worry if somebody’s talking about you..while theyre doing that,theyre leaving someone else alone. Mums have some great and wise sayings!
    More positives for Yowzer!
    *~ Great news! DDs test came back negative πŸ‘πŸ»
    *~ Also,my DDs niece ( her half brothers daughter) has a place at Liverpool Uni. Should have known a while back,but didnt get the email they apparently sent. Not only has she got the place she wanted but DD and I will be able to take her to lunch now and again ( we hope anyway! Unless they close everywhere down againπŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„)
    *~ DD got a very complimentary work appraisal! Very proud of her πŸ’œ

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Yowser, I would like to politely disagree:
    β€” I am educated enough to read the mask studies for myself and make up my own mind. Masks do not filter out particles as small as viruses and very likely give you a false sense of security.

β€” I DO feel the government wants to control me as there is no reasonable evidence that supports wearing a face nappie or limiting my social interaction to 6 people

β€” the world does not revolve around me but I am concerned for the greater whole β€” all people’s liberty and freedom and our democratic control of the government that has been elected TO SERVE US

β€” if we all could follow the science, we would protect and shelter the aged and infirm (with their permission only) and free up the young and healthy (of any age) to get on with their lives

β€” wearing a face mask does not make me safe, protected or even smart. It makes me a willing stooge in the coronahoax terror.

β€” when you think about how you look, or how uncomfortable you feel, reflect on the now practically zero death rate (despite rising cases) and ask yourself, WHY??

β€” wearing a mask is not political. It’s the opposite of democracy and has never been debated by your elected representatives

Resist. Refuse. Ask for proof. Your freedoms are at risk.

Best,
    Julia

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I have not been a regular poster, but maybe we can agree to differ on some things and focus on what this forum is about. Julia, there was a feature over the weekend in The Times about properties in Bath. It was interesting and as a recent resident maybe particularly so for you. As you are a lawyer though, I don’t think you ought to use words such as “coronahoax” – we should deal in facts not hyperbole, and there are some basic inescapable facts. Viz, a novel corona virus, which in its first global infection led to high infection rates and high death numbers. Not being Spanish Flu 1918 doesn’t make it a “hoax”.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Good to see you SixTs!
    And agree – let’s keep this thread focused, for everyone, on the forum goals of 🌻support🌻 with this WOE and things that lift our spirits.

• posted by Verano
    on

JULIA! How good to β€˜see’ you. I know your part of the world is suffering really badly at the moment so it’s really good to hear from you. I did ask several weeks ago if anybody had been in touch with you but got no response.
    Whilst I agree with both ST and MM I do think these forums are places for free speech. We are each entitled to our opinions and I really don’t see any harm in expressing them. At the end of the day we all make our own risk assessments and live our lives accordingly.
    Anyway, looking at the positive, Julia is obviously safe despite everything. Keep well Julia and keep in touch.
    Verano

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Tuesday Positive People 🌞🌞🌞🌞
    Thanks CALIFORNIAGIRL,SIXTURKEYS,MERRYMELB andVERANO,for giving other points of views,always good to see that,balances things out! XXXX
    Also,CALIFORNIAGIRL,so sorry to see on the news about the wildfires,glad you are safe. Saying a prayer for those who have lost their homes
    My positives this morning..
    *~ DD got a negative result for covid test! Relieved!
    ~ Looking forward to going to the hairdressers today and out for a drive!
    *~ DD gave me,as requested,a list of ideas for presents for upcoming 40th birthday…one of her suggestions, I already have in the house! And was about to give to charity shop or try to sell on ebay. So thats a good start! Looking forward to selecting more goodies from her list..have already ordered the cake and bought the candles,napkins,bubbly.
    β€œWherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.β€œ (Anthony J. D’Angelo ) 🌞🌻🌞🌻

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

California Girl I have enjoyed your posts for many years on matters of health relating to Michael Mosley’s low carb and weight loss based on scientific evidence.. Let’s just stick to scientific matters on the topics and reasons for the Forum existing when posting. I look forward to your posts on weight and eating.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Agreed Verano – it is good to hear that Julia, and everyone else, is well! I thought of you too as I had a recent leak in my roof as well. Had it patched yesterday by a very cheerful roofer who was springing about the roof like a gazelle – I always feel nervous climbing up ladder into my loft so I was impressed! Inspired by JGwen who is literally making hay while the sun shines I decided to strip and repaint my front door. Stripping nearly done, aim to get it primed tomorrow; still undecided what colour to paint it so will need to add to my extensive collection of sample pots. Yowzer enjoy hairdressers!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,nice to read your positives and pleased Covid tests are negative!sorry have been meaning to post more regularly myself.
    1.After bit of a disastrous day food wise yesterday I’m back on track today,had poached plums with Greek yoghurt and toasted nuts for first time for breakfast and it was lovely.
    2.Hoping to speak to my dad tomorrow night via phone from his care home.He has dementia and was quite uncommunicative for months but is now chatting a bit again.Unfortunately all care homes in our area are closed to visitors again because of the rise in Covid cases so it means we have only seen him once in the 5 months since he left home.Difficult for my sister and I but even more so for my Mum as on the only occasion we saw him he just sat with his head hanging and never spoke so it’s very sad that now he’s chatting we can’t go in but a phone call is better than nothing I suppose and video calls seem to confuse him.
    3.Lovely crisp Autumn day here.
    4.Have the ingredients in to make Smoked Salmon Breakfast Muffins so going to make some for lunch,hoping they’re tasty!
    That’s all I can think of for now but will post again when I have moreπŸ™‚
    Dawn

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

And a PS: hello back to you Merry! Dawn, I am sorry about your Dad; it must be so difficult for you all – but good that he is now chatting. Poached plums do sound delicious!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Sixturkeys,the situation with my dad has definitely been the hardest thing for us to deal with during all of this.Saying that,my sister had a phone call from the doctor at the care home one Friday a few months ago saying they didn’t think he would last the weekend as he wasn’t eating and was just sleeping a lot yet he’s still here now and zooming about on his Zimmer frameπŸ™‚

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    ST sorry to hear about your roof too. Water, anywhere, can just be so destructive.
    Dawn it must be such a difficult time for you but at least it looks like your dad is improving which is good news.
    Hope you enjoyed your day Yowzer.
    So to my few positives …..
    🩺🩺😒 Have an issue with my ankle at the moment but the good news is that I’ve managed to get an orthopaedic appointment later this week.
    πŸŽ“ Enjoyed reading a book in the garden today. It’s so good to feel paper and turn pages again. I’m so used to reading on a kindle etc it’s a pleasure to get back to the real thing.
    πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸ³πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸ³ Baked sea bass tonight with a dill sauce, mashed cauliflower and roasted asparagus. I just love fish!
    Hope everyone has a good evening!

• posted by Mariet
    on

I haven’t posted here in way too long but I am bursting with happiness today so no trouble finding positives to write!

1 All my kids and my granddaughter came over for dinner last night, it was lovely to see them and see them all so happy. And though they all enjoyed their pudding after dinner I was happily able to abstain, without any temptation.

2 DD and SIL told us they are going to have a baby in April next year, a real reminder that life goes on, even in these times. They are delighted and I’m so glad for them, it has been a while coming and my daughter had begun to think it wouldn’t happen at all.

3 Lovely sunny weather and my garden is bursting with spring growth.

4 Just a week and a half until I am on holidays! two weeks touring around western NSW with the camper trailer, I am so looking forward to it, have not had a break from work since June last year.
    5 Tonight I get to babysit my granddaughter, she is 19 months old and a joy to be around at the moment. I don’t often get to babysit any more, her mum’s work days changed so I was no longer able to mind her and I have really missed it. But tonight is their wedding anniversary so I will spend the precious evening with her πŸ™‚

That’s enough for one day!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’m jumping in with positives and then will go back and read everyones updates….. I had a wildly off plan yesterday so need the positive therapy……
    1. I have my magic daffodil necklace on today, I forgot it yesterday. Despite working from home today I made sure I was up sharp, horses done, showered, body moisturised, properly dressed, hair done and necklace on! It is SO easy to come in from horses and just log on to work in horse clothes and not realise how scruffy i am until 2 minutes before my daily senior management call at 10am! So today, I am feeling good, feeling clean and ready to make today a good day!
    2. I havent mentioned my wee horse for a bit – he’s awesome! Hes still inexperienced and learning, but it is so rewarding and he is very promising. I was going to sell him this year, but due to other horse health issues, he is staying and I am so pleased. Its not helping me reduce my total horse numbers but i actually love him dearly and we are having a lot of fun despite his slightly naughty character, we are good friends!
    3. We have had some nice weather which has allowed some nice outdoor time. I rally like autumn, the worst of the insects have gone or are reducing, a wee nip to the air is refreshing, brambles are coming (although i will need alternatives to crumble and gin making!), the grass is safer for the horses and cosying up in the darker evenings is kinda nice. However, its astounding that it is actually nearly winter….. feels like we have bare had a 20202 as so much of it has been locked down with minimal contact with other people.
    4. Husbands job is going well (as is mine really), he’s been there for 7 week and has already been sent on a fairly significant course – I’m very proud of him for how he’s coped and for making it through the course which really pushed him out of his comfort zone.

I think thats me for the day….off to catch up.

πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

WINDY! i love the sound of yr magic necklace! And hearing news of yr horse!πŸ’œ
    MARIET,lovely family news X
    VERANO i agree,good to have a real boo…pages to turn,bookmark to keep yr place..
    You can make notes in the margins as well if you want or write a message in the front if giving it as a present.
    Love the smell of a new book too.all the things you cant do/ have online!
    Sorry about yr Dad DAWN but im glad he’s getting around well on his zimmer! And I agree with SIXTURKEYS,the poached plum dish sounds lovely X what colour have you decided for the front door S T?

~ Nice walk today,found conkers,breezy warm autumn day!
    * ~ Met a lovely little corgi/ jack russell cross,wanted to kidnap her!
    *~ Waiting for my guilty pleasure trashy tv prog to start..Married At First Sight Australia! And watched a great bn w film this avvo..Train of Events
    β€˜ The older you get,the more you realise you have no desire for drama or conflict. You just want a cosy home,good food on the table,and people around you who make you feel happy’ ( like the folks on this thread! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½ ) xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks everyone for the kind words regarding my dad,my positives for the day:
    1.I’ve just come off phone from speaking to him and he knew who I wasπŸ™‚ He is pretty confused about everything else but he sounded happy and it was just so lovely to hear his voice after so long that it’s put my mind at ease a bit.My mum will be ringing him on Friday,she spoke to him a week or so ago so was pleased I had managed to.
    2.I called into local little supermarket (where I succumbed to buying a frapuccino last week! ) and only bought the 2 things I needed and avoided even looking at anything else!
    3.Am actually looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow as my freshly washed jeans didn’t feel too tight today and they’re usually a bit of a struggle to get into when they’ve just been washed.
    4.I’m feeling peckish tonight,had my evening meal bit earlier than usual,but am having a big glass of water and nothing else!
    5.Really enjoying reading everyone’s positivesπŸ™‚
    Hope to have more positives tomorrow,including a decent weight loss!
    Dawn

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys, I am here to confess that I have had great fun over the last few days undermining the ego of a man half my age.

As some of you may know, because of covid I have had to keep the holiday accommodation designed for groups of friends and extended family closed. So I decided to offer accommodation to people who were willing to exchange accommodation and food for work through a scheme known as workaway. The first workawayer who stayed was a really nice bloke, helpful, happily worked away on his own. The current one is full of his own self importance, will not listen to instructions, and after a couple of hours of physical work he carries on like he has climbed Everest without oxygen.

Over the last week I have had great fun demonstrating that a mere woman, who is double is age, is capable of doing levels of physical work that defeated him. He has gone from the big I am, you don’t know what you are talking about bluster, to the ohh what can I do to help, via the of course you need plenty of carbs to give you energy….. to I don’t think I am needed here. He was taken aback when I agreed and said I have been thinking the same thing.

Sadly I am sure you will not be able to keep an ego that size down for long and he will soon be somewhere else claiming that he didn’t hear the instructions that he wasn’t allowed to drive a quad onto a 5 foot high pile of hawthorn cuttings next to an area he has tried to set alight with the aid of petrol to help crush the pile down so it catches light. – Its not his fault, the tools you let him use are not good enough for the job, of course they were good enough for you to have used the month/week/day before because you were only doing light work not like him. The hay stack he built in the barn didn’t fall over because he had put the bottom bales only half on the pallet so they were on a slope, he used to build massive structures out of lego you know, so the problem must be the design of the barn and the slope of the floor / its all the goats fault for climbing on the bales.

But a few days of letting him shoot his mouth off to the point of claiming he felt dizzy because of how exhausted he was from the work he had done, and then surpassing that level of work every day for a few days has been very satisfying. As well as knowing that after the weekend he will be gone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JGWEN ,I’m chuckling heartily at yr post! You know theres the old saying’ A bad workmen quarrels with his tools’..but Ive never heard of one who blames the goat πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    My positives today
    *~ At the moment Im just maintaining,which Im claiming as a pozz! Its better than nothing! My Carb Monster’s making a nuisance of herself,trying to trip me up! I had a toasted bagel for blunch,with a chaser of a mini Twister!πŸ˜‹
    *~ Will do much better for my evening meal..scrambled eggs with a load of steamed greens
    *~ Cant think of a number three,so I will end with a nice thought for today..~ Your time as a caterpillar has expired ~ your wings are ready! ~πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ’œ ~
    Keep safe and happy everyone xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    What amazing lists of positives you all have. What wonderful things to look forward to …. just enjoy!
    JGwen I had to smile when I read you post. As Yowzer says … a bad workman ……..!
    Well it’s Friday and the start of another weekend but I do have some positives to add to your impressive lists …..
    🩺🩺 Saw an orthopaedic consultant yesterday who gave me good news about an old ankle injury that I thought might be infected.
    🌢🌢 Had a very nice Thai meal out last night with some friends. Almost felt like life, as it used to be, had returned!
    πŸ˜€πŸŒˆπŸ˜€Feeling bright and positive today because I’ve decided to take time-out. I am suffering from diet-fatigue. I will always eat low carb because that’s how I have been eating for the last 4 years. Just need some time away from weighing, food and myself, measuring and logging. I just need sometime without food being the focus of my every waking hour. Hoping a β€˜vacation’ will give me renewed enthusiasm to lose more weight!
    Anyway, hope the weekend is good and positive for everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Saturday! 🍁🌻🍁 And happy Time-Out,VERANO X!πŸ‘πŸ»
    *~ Lovely sunny day today,with an autumnal feel in the air. I’m not a sports fan,but am enjoying hearing the shouts of the players on the rugby field opposite,and the cricket being played in the next field along-after all the months of silent fields!
    *~ An item I ordered online yesterday arrived this morning. Always cheered and comforted by the arrival of a parcel! And as my city goes into local lockdown on Tuesday,after our brief period of the β€˜new normalβ€˜,I need all the cheer I can get.
    *~ Received some lovely photos of my great nephew, a 4 year old with long legs,a smiley face, and huge hands and feet! Always happy and very interested in everything around him, and likes to wear a variety of hats. Never seen without his toy doggy,β€˜Pawβ€˜ 🐾 tucked under his arm πŸ’–
    Quote for the day..
    β€œWhen someone crosses your mind, bless them.β€œ ( Mary Davis)πŸŒΈπŸ¦‹πŸŒΈπŸ¦‹πŸŒΈπŸ¦‹πŸŒΈ

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon/evening/morning!
    So it’s Saturday, first day of the weekend …….
    Yes we do have to find three positives everyday and it shouldn’t be too difficult really …. especially if we dig deep, and try hard ……so….
    πŸ’¦πŸ’¦ Today has been a good day for water here. I realise that I’m just not drinking enough of the colourlessness stuff. So today I set my timer for every 30 minutes and had a few slurps each time it beeped. It worked! So moving back in slowly.
    πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘Ύ Not sure these are jigsaw pieces but I’m now back into jigsaws. Feeling a bit sad, looks like I’m saying that we’re hunkering down for the winter….. maybe! I so hope not!!!
    πŸ—πŸ₯¦Ok so tonight I’ve roasted a chicken and we will have sprouts, mashed cauliflower, a few garden peas. So looking forward to it!
    I adore chicken!
    Have a lovely, peaceful weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO thanks for the water tip..great idea!!! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
    I too will set my timer and improve my water imbibing habits! On the days Im home at least! These days,if Im going out,I tend to reduce my drinks bc I dont want to use a public loo if I can help it.
    Winter on its wayπŸ™„…* sigh..* I detest the clocks going back! Lets pray for as germfree lockdownfree winter as possible! πŸ€— πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
    But looking on the bright side…What makes it bearable for me as the days draw in (coz I find the long dark nights a bit claustrophobic) is doing cosy things like closing the curtains to shut out the dark,doing jigsaws,playing board games and card games. Even been known to have a game of charades,really good fun! Having a long bubble bath and putting on fleecy pjs and fluffy socks and curling up with a good book or a movie.
    Then before we know it,we have all the Christmassy lights and Crimbo trees bringing brightness and sparkles to our lives..and once Christmas is over,the days are starting to get longer again.
    As Percy Bysshe Shelley said,”If winter comes,can spring be far behindβ€œXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, V, Julz, 6T, Dawn and all others, it’s good to read the myriad of positives you’ve all been posting ….. thank you for keeping the thread alive.
    Thought it high time I contributed too, so here goes…
    🍹 Great day out on a boat trip yesterday. Sun, relaxation and turquoise waters .. bliss!
    🍹 Managing to stay low carb .. cals rather high, but clothes still fit, so all good 🀭
    🍹 Doing plank exercises daily, so hoping that will help compensate for the higher cals … that and all the stairs to our apartment.
    🍹 Planning a couple of days out next week, to places I’m very fond of … Sirince and Iasos. Both very picturesque and atmospheric.
    🍹 Today I bought two bougenvillia (flaky spelling I’m sure) for a measley total of Β£3.
    🍹 UK friend has had a negative Covid test result. Congrats to all those we know who have had similar results too!
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend, please remember we love to read about everyones positives, no matter how small, so do come and share them with us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY! Lovely to hear from you x
    So many great positives in yr news..and Turquoise waters,how idyllic! X
    Yes good news re negative tests..ony time a negative is a positive! Boooooooo to covid!
    My positives on this sunny Sunday..
    *~ Its a sunny Sunday! Wooooo Hoooooooo! πŸ₯° πŸŽ‰
    *~ Over to DD and SILs garden shortly for Sunday lunch.yummers…theyre both lovely cooks!
    *~ Heard from friend in Holland..he’s lost almost three stone this year πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½ He made a good point.not one we can take on board every day but..he’s breaking his diet today with a small foody treat..and he said,
    I wont let a milestone become a millstone.
    I really like that sentence! Reminds me of the saying, the tree that bends with the wind wont break πŸ’–

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sorry,Deleted this as shd have been posted on a different thread! X another senior moment πŸ™„πŸ§

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks and fellow positive thinkers,hope youre having a terrific tuesday!
    My positives are small but make me happy!
    *~ Hairdressers today and,as usual,my hairdresser made me laugh! Even her laugh makes me laugh!
    *~ Afterwards,me and Beau sat by the river..we got a takeaway coffee from nearby cafe and adventure playground. Since our last visit ( pre lockdown) the cafe’s been renamed The Three Bears Cafe. I know its childish of me but I like the name!
    *~ What made that even better,was a girl was sitting at another table,long blonde hair,so we even had a Goldilocks πŸ₯°
    (Told you they were v small positives 😍)
    Today,as my city began a local lockdown,and as Govt bring back stricter measures,its a good time to remember this…
    πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– β€œ Encourage, lift and strengthen one another. For the positive energy spread to one will be felt by us all. For we are connected, one and all.”( Deborah Day) πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
    I do think we all try to do so on this thread,and I thank you for it xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    Great post Yowzer! Hairdressers, coffee by the river ….. all sounds good. I have a hair appointment on the 30th and I have to say I have everything possible crossed that hair salons don’t get forced to close again …. well not before October 1st!
    Sorry to be absent for a few days ….
    Sunny, all sounds wonderful just keep enjoying!
    So to my positives …..
    πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ» Should have partied today to celebrate OH’s big birthday but wasn’t to be. The positive ….. lots of cards, presents, messages and even some friends dancing to β€˜Happy Birthday’ in the path!!!
    πŸ₯—πŸ·Lovely celebration lunch out, in a safe environment, with our daughter.
    Well, just for tonight that’s my fill!
    Have a good evening, stay positive and keep posting!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends x
    VERANO, so pleased you enjoyed the celebrations yesterday !
    My enjoyments today..
    *~ Having taken a leaf out of VERANOS book,Im now drinking more water,simply by alerting myself every half hour to have a big slug of it! Great tip,V!
    *~ On my little walk today – which was much more fun as I didnt have any leg/ foot pain for once,so I wasnt limpy -I found some conkers and was joined by a little friendly squirrel .. fed him monkey nuts I had brought in my bag,as I was hoping I might see one or two of the little guys..theyre all so tame.
    *~ The colourful summer flowers have now given way to red, bright orange and shining yellow leaves. This is such a wonderful time of year! Trees are just amazing!
    A nice thought for Wednesday…XX….
    “Be the reason someone feels welcomed, seen, heard, valued, loved and supported.” πŸ¦‹πŸ¦„πŸ¦‹πŸ¦„πŸ¦‹πŸ¦„πŸ¦‹πŸ¦„πŸ¦‹
    [Ellie Beatrice Josli]

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Still reading all the positives, even though I’m not postings so often. Sorry the celebrations for your OH’s birthday had to be so different to those originally planned, V. Hope he still enjoyed marking his milestone though. Yowser, so glad you were able to enjoy a pain free walk, giving you the space to appreciate nature and the changing season.

High time I posted some positives, so here goes ….
    πŸ’ Couple of lovely days out, visiting favourite places. Very chilled a d relaxed.
    πŸ’ Treated myself to a jumpsuit and new vivid emerald green blazer at a rather pricey store which was having a amazing sale …. two thirds off!
    πŸ’ OH bought me a navy blue lace jacket … different store, but still a bargain
    πŸ’ Everyone at home still well, despite the UK covid concerns.

Think that will do for me this time. Hope everyone is able to identify at least one positive each day. If you have a moment, please do take a few mins to post about it here too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy BSD losers! ( in a nice way!) 🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡
    SUNNY I like the sound of yr new togs.jumpsuit and smart blazer bargains! I think the lacy jacket is my favourite!
    I love a bit of lace and/ or frills.
    Its early really for the day’s positives but here goes..
    *~ Long letter today from friend of almost fifty years.I love a long newsy 🐌 snail mail!
    *~ And on the subject of mail,a round of wild applause for our posties who have continued to bring letters and parcels all these covid-y months. Our postie’s unfailingly cheerful and full of fun, and has brought normality and cheer to those who were home shielding or isolating. Yayyyyyyy for the postmen and women! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
    *~ Last night sciatica kicked in,,usually get in the left but this time it was in the right and was excruciating! Could hardly move,and cdnt lie down comfortably at all. Eventually got a few hours sleep aided by painkillers,which I detest taking,but the good news is,when I woke up,it had calmed down a lot,not nearly so bad today.
    Can it really beThursday again already? Where did the days go? Happy autumny Thursday xx πŸ’›πŸπŸ‚πŸ» πŸ’›

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good Morning Positive Thinkers X
    ο»Ώο»Ώ 🎡 🎈 πŸ’•πŸŽ΅πŸŒ·πŸ’•πŸŽ΅πŸ‘πŸ½πŸŽ΅ 🎡 🎈 πŸ’•πŸŽ΅πŸŒ·πŸ’•πŸŽ΅πŸ‘πŸ½πŸŽ΅ 🎡 🎈 πŸ’•πŸŽ΅πŸŒ·πŸ’•πŸŽ΅πŸ‘πŸ½πŸŽ΅ 🎡 🎈 πŸ’•πŸŽ΅
    *~ Received photos from my nephew of his two cute kitties. They’re rescues,and nephew and wife have taken on their Mummy as well. They were spayed yesterday,back home now. A lovely life ahead for them now,after their difficult start.
    *~ Deffo feel a little slimmer around the rib area,and tum is maybe a TINY bit smaller!
    *~ Sciatica attack has passed. Feel fortunate and relieved,as it can last for weeks sometimes.
    πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’ life is just a bowl of cherries heehee! But quite high in carbs! πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello. Sorry not to be here much at the moment but will pop in as and when.
    Sunny all sounds wonderful …. ENJOY!
    Yowzer good to hear your sciatica has resolved itself. I only had it once and my goodness I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy ….. painful!
    So to the good, the bad and the ugly……
    The good ….. 🌈 the weather has been lovely and dry today
    The bad ….. πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦ yesterday we had a deluge and a flood because there seems to be a problem with our sewers …. good news today was dry and water company coming tomorrow.
    The ugly ….. my path is full of debris but the water company are coming tomorrow!
    So, a definite theme to my last couple of days but have to look on the bright side ….. tomorrow is another day and it’s the weekend ….. hurray!
    Have a good weekend full if positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh my goodness VERANO,is that number three in the recent catalogue of things going wrong? I hope so,coz things like that generally come in threes,so at least you should be ok now πŸ₯°
    Such heavy rain yesterday,AND thunderstorm,AND even hailstones reported in some parts of our fair city
    How are you getting on with drinking water every half hour V? Im exhausted with it,plus going to the bathroom so much! Been ringing the changes with cuppas too…trying peppermint tea,lemon and ginger,and sometimes hot water with a chunk of lemon chucked in,instead of my usual Tesco / Aldi ( other smarkets available) decaf teabags.
    I DO feel better for it tho,do you V?
    Thought for the weekend..
    As Natasha Bedingfield sings in her song Unwritten…
    πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅β€œToday is where your book begins,The rest is still unwritten!” 🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! How was your Saturday?
    ο»ΏπŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ
    Not a lot to report,but have had a relaxing day,taking it easy like Lady Muck!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    * ~ The latest book is out by my favourite author! Started it yesterday,finished this morning
    *~ Today I was craving veg and almonds…so much better than craving buttered toast. As many people have said here several times,it seems that when you stop eating junk,your body’s able to tell you exactly what nourishment it needs
    *~ DD working today,overtime,some extra money earned.
    Keep happy minds BSD peeps,remember to exercise those chuckle muscles! 🀩🀩🀩

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello all you positive thinkers. Thanks for keeping the thread ticking over. Yowser, reading is a wonderful escape isn’t it? When we’re away from home as we are right now, I read much more than at home … odd, but there it is.
    So anyway, what positives can I report …..
    πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡· Still wonderfully sunny here in Turkey and we’re very much enjoying a relaxing lifestyle here.
    🍹Drinks yesterday with our neighbour who was in a coma for the best part of two months earlier this year. He is now walking again and gaining strength, so much so that he should be able to take his boat out next week.
    🌟 Having new crown fitted to my tooth today, which will complete my dental work for this visit.

You know what, three positives this early on a Sunday morning are enoughπŸ˜„. Whatever you have happening today, I hope it will bring positives your way and that at some point, you’ll drop in to share them with us. Happy Sunday to you all.🌼🌼🌼

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Positive Bsders!
    SUNNY …happy Sunday to you too! πŸ’–
    Thats great news about the guy who was in a coma! X Making good progress isnt he!
    Hope your peggies are ok after visit to dentist.
    Think you probably got that right, about less reading while youre away. Means youre making the most of where you are,taking everything in,meeting holidaymakers and locals,seeing the differences and contrasts to your own home town, and enjoying new experiences
    Lots time to read when youre back at home on the long winter nights.
    Wowzer Yowzer Positives…!!!
    *~ Gorgeous feelgood day today πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
    *~ Been for a drive along the riverfront,saw lots of lovely boats,even lovelier dogs, and had coffee in our wonderful tranquil Peace cafe. Wish I had more stamina as it was ideal day for a walk in the park,but between low energy levels and niggling sciatica,it was out of the question. Even so,It was FAB to be out!
    *~ Bought a massive 6 kg bag of wild bird seed. It was really heavy,luckily had my Beau to carry it. But made me think, when you drop 6 kg of weight,the amount of pressure it must take off yr body????
    Now I know I have plenty of food for a few months,for all the tiny little birds that come visiting the garden.
    Saw this..it makes a very good thought for today..something we never used to have to consider in the past……
    β€œPretty wild how we used to eat birthday cake after someone had blown on it.Good times!β€œ

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ooh and one more thing..( feel like Colombo saying that,with his hand on the door…)
    *~ The sky was so clear last night and full of stars….saw what looked like a tiny golden light in the sky….somebody said it was Jupiter? I don’t know but it was lovely 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Sorry I’ve not been here for a few days.
    Sunny sounds like your holiday is hitting all the right spots…. carry on enjoying!
    Yowzer so good to read your posts and thank you for keeping this thread going.
    So yes I do have some positives today ….
    🍰🍭🍦 Granddaughter’s 3rd birthday at the weekend and whilst we couldn’t attend the party we have lots of photos & videos …. just not the same though … when will this madness end!!!
    πŸ•πŸ•πŸ• Had a real treat yesterday. I make a homemade pizza with my own base which is ultra thin. We probably enjoy this treat maybe three or four times a year …… yesterday was the day!!! I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed my third of a margarita pizza. Wonderful thin base covered with a homemade tomato sauce, a really good mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, Italian herbs and a good handful of Parmesan , and a glass of ice cold white Albureno. I almost felt as though I was on holiday!
    βš–οΈβš–οΈβš–οΈ I’m back on track balancing the scales. I have re-opened my notebook listing daily the items that are the reasons for my downfall. Early days yet but all looking good!
    Hope everyone is finding positives at this strange time ….. life must go on, we must β€˜live’, and we probably most definitely need to keep finding positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends,hope youre all well. Ive not got much to post as have had a few quiet days not feeling well,but I’ll come up with a few positives if it kills me πŸ₯°
    *~ Beau went to get my prescription for me. Thank you Beau x
    *~ Grateful for free prescriptions for us oldies. And even before I was sixty I got my items free,because I take thyroxine,and its one of the handful of medicines that entitle you to a free prescription. Thats a lot of money over the years,specially as it applies to all the meds on that one script. Thanks so much,NHS!
    *~ Thank you for my comfy bed,going to crawl back into it now. Trying to move round as much as possible,,coz I really believe its so important,but Im very glad of my home and my bed! No place like home when you feel poorly πŸ’
    Leave you with this thought…
    What if it really IS all about the hokey kokey? ! X
    πŸ’›πŸπŸ‚πŸ» πŸ’› πŸ’›πŸπŸ‚πŸ» πŸ’› πŸ’›πŸπŸ‚πŸ» πŸ’› πŸ’›πŸπŸ‚πŸ» πŸ’› πŸ’›πŸπŸ‚πŸ» πŸ’› πŸ’›πŸπŸ‚πŸ» πŸ’› πŸ’›πŸπŸ‚πŸ» πŸ’›

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,Still not very well ( nothing covid-y ) so,in the absence of nothing much happening here,will talk positively about foodπŸ˜‹
    *~ I LOVE stir fry! Plenty of onion,garlic and ginger in it to fight off the winter germs. Lots of lovely veg. Add some beansprouts and waterchestnuts. for crunch. Im not that careful about veg carbs when doing a veggie stir fryi…..its never so many carbs that my Carb Monster’s dancing with delight.
    When you sit down to that big sizzling hot colourful plate,its such tasty comfort food.
    *~ Does anyone buy the 10 cal jellies? Less than one carb per pot. Nice with a few berries,and if you really want to go mad,add a dollop of greek yog. Makes a small refreshing dessert,and takes me right back to childhood days of jelly and cream,or trifle.
    *~ Giving self a pat on the back coz last night my DD offered to bring over some pineapple upside down cake,made by SIL.It was difficult to refuse,but I said no thank you. They always have cake while watching Bake Off. In fact I β€˜m sure its the law isnt it,cake must be consumed when Bake Off’s on the box!
    🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Yes looks like everyone has gone into hibernation Yowzer! Anyway, we still have to find something positive especially when the weather is wet and windy….
    So, mine are ……
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€Hair appointment today. During our locked up months my hair grew quite long and my family thought it looked better than my usual just above shoulder cut. So last time I had it done I left it longer ….. it’s driven me mad. Takes far more care, makes me look and feel droopy, and tickling my face! So I go to the hairdressers thinking he’ll take one look at me and say β€œoff with the lot”, instead of which he said you look really well. So had some lowlights and a trim and tidy up …… feels wonderful . Have booked another appointment for mid November but who knows???
    β˜”οΈβ˜”οΈπŸ’¨ It might be wet and windy but it’s warm inside and I have a huge pan of chicken soup bubbling away on the hob.
    πŸ“πŸ“ Easy dinner tonight. I had some leftover cacciatore sauce in the freezer so just cooking some chicken breasts in that with cauliflower mash and probably green beans and sprouts.Yummy!
    So that’s me finished for today. Please post your positives…. can’t let Sunny down!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yoo hoo positive thinkers!πŸ€—
    Hi VERANO!SUNNY! And anyone else,members and lurkers! Happy Thursday X
    Well Im still not feeling great so will keep this short and sweet
    I believe in angels,and I think there are plenty of earth angels ( have met at least one in my time) as well as the celestial variety,so Im leaving a little angel verse I read πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

~ β€œCALLING ALL ANGELSβ€œ ~ πŸŒΈπŸ’–πŸŒΈπŸ’–πŸŒΈ
    Come down to our world and remind us to love.
    Gather around us and wake our hearts up.
    Walk right beside us and lend us some strength.
    Sew up our edges, we’re tired and frayed.
    Teach us of oneness and give us the words.
    Open our hearts so that love might be heard.
    Awaken our souls to remember the peace.
    Turn on the lights of our wildest dreams.
    Gather around us and wake our hearts up.
    Come down to our world and remind us to love.
    (-mary davis)

• posted by Verano
    on

Sorry! Just typed long post and it disappeared! Will try again tomorrow. Stay positive!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Knock knock..Is anyone there? ….anybody home?? 😁
    Oh VERANO! Dont you just hate it when you type a long message and it vanishes? Where does it go? Does it go to the same place as the missing odd socks and the missing teaspoons ?
    Not much from me today coz Ive not much energy,still feeling ropey,but yes! there are positives….
    *~ Today I tried Oppo ice cream,which I first heard of here a few years back.. Its low carb,its low cal and comes in three fab flavours. Was very restrained and only had a tiny bowl..delish!
    *~ DD dropped off a few little pressys to cheer me up. A lovely smelling candle,a nice hand wash ( organic rosemary)and – a silk face mask! Purple,one of my favourite colours.
    *~ Been in bed a lot of the day,just lolling around flicking thru magazines. Made sure I got up every half hour,stretched,walked around,did a small chore. Very fortunate that I can down tools and rest when Im not well….some people have things they must do even when theyre not up to it.
    Here’s sthing for music fans..anybody like Green Day? Just a funny short article about them,from newsthump,which is always good for a laugh..X
    https://newsthump.com/2020/10/01/september-ends-green-day-choose-to-go-back-to-bed/

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser and Verano, thank you for keeping us thinking positively. V, sorry your message got swallowed up … so frustrating! Hope you’ll have the patience to retype it later. Yowser, hope you’ll soon be fully fit again really soon, how lovely your daughter brought you such thoughtful gifts to keep you positive though. Loving the idea of a silk mask by the way!

Thought it high time I put in some positives, so here goes ….
    πŸ– boat trip yesterday was cancelled …. the positive is that because we were keyed up to go out, we went off on the scooter and discovered a very quiet little hotel on an unspoilt Aegean bay, which serves the most amazing breakfast. Spend a few hours there relaxing and planning to visit again for a couple of nights.
    πŸ›© seems we will now have to quarantine on our return to the UK. Upside is, OH won’t be able to rush back to work.
    🌼 DIL was very happy with vouchers sent for her birthday. Felt like a cop-out gift, but she’s already spent them, so guess they hit the spot, even though I felt rather guilty.

There should be more …. and I guess there are … but these are the ones that come easily to mind. I can add though, that I’m grateful that friends and family remain covid free and of course, that’s a huge blessing.

Hope you are all staying safe and will take a few moments to post a positive soon.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, haven’t posted for a long time.
    I’m on a road trip through western NSW at the moment, very grateful for hot sunny days and good roads. I’ve never been to these areas of my own state before and it’s just fascinating.
    My specific positives-
    Travelling with friends who are always cheery and happy.
    Finding new and interesting things about my own state and its history.
    Feeling really relaxed, after so long locked down and restricted. It is turning out to be a fabulous holiday.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Mariet sounds like you are having a lovely time. Must be great to get back to some semblance of β€˜normality’.
    Sunny glad you are having a good time, it all sounds so restful. Enjoy!
    Yowzer well done for stepping up again even though you’re not feeling your best. Hope you feel a bit better today.
    So to my positives…….
    πŸ’…πŸ’… Pedicure later today but may be my last for a while. You can have workers in the home but not quite sure if that covers manicurists!!!
    🍽🍽 Dinner tonight will be an easy affair …. just need to open the freezer!
    πŸŒ€πŸ’¨β˜”οΈ Sunshine yesterday to be replaced with wind and rain tomorrow…. hoping tarpaulin will hold up and do it’s job…. everything crossed!
    Have a good day and hope the Weekend is full of positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡 🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡 🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡 🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡 🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡
    Hi gang!
    Oooh MARIET,that sounds wonderful! What an adventure,wish I was with youX
    VERANO!i bet youre looking very glam with polished tootsies!
    SUNNY Im glad youre seeing positves in quarantine! i was worried it might spoil yr hol XX
    A few small ones from me…
    *~ Received two books in the post. I love small things like this..posty bringing a parcel..even tho the books are now in quarantine,Im looking forward to reading them. Plus bought at a bargain price on Ebay ..wd love to help the bookshops but they tend to be a bit expensive.
    *~ Pleased with self as very slowly and with breaks gave the bathroom a good in depth clean…
    *~ Beau had two pieces of good luck moneywise..I said,it comes in threes,theres more..and yes it did and there was!
    Not a fortune but a help ( and not thru gambling I hasten to add!)
    Saw this today..an African proverb,made me think of this forum..all of us on our good health journey,helping each other. We will get further supporting each other.
    β€œHe who travels fastest travels alone,but he who travels furthest travels with others. So choose wisely”
    πŸŒ™β­οΈβ­οΈπŸŒ™β­οΈπŸŒ™β­οΈπŸŒ™β­οΈπŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅ πŸŒ™β­οΈβ­οΈπŸŒ™β­οΈπŸŒ™β­οΈπŸŒ™β­οΈ 🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡 🎡🎡🎡
    Goodnight xxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quick pop by to say hello..not a lot to say today,tho happy to be having a quiet laid back day.
    One nice thing,DD was in work today ( overtime ) so made a few extra bobπŸ‘πŸ»
    Also,she’s coming up to her 40 th birthday,and someone from HR came to her desk to say,we’ve got yr birth details down incorrectly…you cant be nearly 40,surely its 30?
    She was very pleased,and I’m pleased for her,but it feels very odd to now have a child old enough to be delighted when sbody thinks she looks younger!

Please log in or register to post a reply.