Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiiii…anybody home! Come out come out,wherever you are!
    Happy sunday xx
    My positives today,small and simple like me ( well,I’m not so small,but simple…Yeh!)
    * ~ Reading a book I’m really loving! Ok the title ‘ The Story of Arthur Trulove’ didnt appeal,but its by one of my favourite authors,Elizabeth Berg,and its kept me happy all day,along with rests,nice healthy food,some rebounding,a few small chores
    *~ Looking forward to 9 pm.
    Sky Arts, Im happy to say,is now available on Freeview Channel 11,which I think looks very promising!
    theres a programme about John Lennon on at 9. He was never my favourite Beatle,thats George,but Im looking forward to it!
    *~ To encourage me to drink more water,more herbal teas,more hot water and lemon,Im having them in my favourite cup and saucer,and it helps!
    Despite the gloomy news,ditto the weather,alls right with my world,and Im as happy as a clam! Hope you are too. Come and tell us about it!💝
    And never forget…doing something ( e.g., low carbing,exercising,meditating) 75% of the time is better than nothing at all X
    🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Liking the fav cup and saucer idea, Yowser.
    Quick positives from here in Turkey🇹🇷 ….
    🍹Made fresh mango mojito this evening as sundowners.
    🥂 Will be celebrating 23 year wedding anniversary tomorrow.💖
    📲 Messaging with grandchildren today … so enjoy being in touch with them.

Whatever little positive you have been blessed with, please take a moment to share it with us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Anniversary SUNNYB and Mr SunnyB!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Here’s to the next 23 years Xx 🥂🥂
    My Positive To-Dos for today….
    💫⭐️ Be kind
    💫⭐️Let go of what I cant control
    💫⭐️Listen to my heart
    💫⭐️Just breathe
    Xx

• posted by Verano
    on

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sunny & OH! His lovely to be in Turkey to celebrate. Enjoy!
    Yowzer you have been brilliant in keeping this thread going and I’m just popping by to say ‘hello everyone’!
    Will post some positives tomorrow …. hope everyone is well.

• posted by caronl
    on

Happy anniversary Sunny and OH! Lovely to be able to spend it somewhere sunny too.

Hmm positives.
    1) We are still all healthy despite NL’s corona state going from bad to worse. ;-( I am beginning to think that the only solution is to stop watching the news to try and keep brighter.
    2) Had a nice coffee and chat with a neighbour today – suitably distanced. It was an excellent incentive to do an autumn spring clean!
    3) Enjoyed a few days away last week in some very pretty parts of North Holland. Given they have the same level of infection as here, I managed to justify the trip to myself! A change of scene was very welcome and the effect has lasted.

Thank you Yowzer and Verona and Sunny for keeping this thread on track. I do appreciate it even when lurking!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi CARONL!VERANO!and all!
    CARON, I have a friend in Leiden,do you know the area?
    Holland looks so picturesque judging by the photos he sends. Glad you had a nice break X love the idea of autumn spring clean! After all,Albert Camus said,
    “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” –
    I too saw an old neighbour,just to chat to outdoors,at a distance. Its amazing how much it can lift yr spirits isnt it.
    My pozzys today…
    *~ Went for a walk and managed to pick the only 20 mins of the day that the sun shone! Really enjoyed seeing all the colours of the fallen leaves. * “Autumn….Pumpkin Kisses and Harvest Wishes” * 🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁….
    I like the American word Fall for autumn,think it sounds really nice….
    *~ Noticed my trousers were looser on my thighs! Im not Coco Chanel yet,but Im a bit less Coco the Clown!😀🙄
    *~ Been trying to track a book down for a while,finally found a copy,and as I was out on my walk,our postie saw me and shouted!I’ll put this thru yr door!It was lovely to know it was awaiting me on my return..
    already deeply immersed in it along with a cuppa
    Autumnal Quote…. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” ― Jim Bishop ~

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, had to drop in to say I just loved your ‘not Coco Chanel yet, but a bit less Coco the Clown!’

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi!
    Yowzer all your talk of autumn brings me to my first positive…..
    🍂🍃🍂 Had a blood test today which is always a nightmare because my veins are almost non-existent but the positive ….. was seeing so many wonderful autumnal colours on the trees. Not quite got to the point when the leaves fall and become all wet and soggy yet.
    🧥👠🧣I think I’m suffering from cabin fever and/ or senior moments. I started to sort out my clothes today and the positive …… I came across a Monsoon knitted jacket I bought a couple of months ago in the sale, still with label intact, which I had completely forgotten about. So lovely surprise to find it.
    🐟🥬🐟 Well Tuesday is my traditional ‘weigh in’ day but today I think my scales are wrong … they must be!! Anyway, the positive….. I have no choice but to get back on track and to that end oven baked salmon tonight with mashed cauliflower, sprouts and vegetable bolognese. Sounds odd but is lovely!
    But these positives pale into insignificance when my biggest positive is that my cousin has been out of bed today and, everything crossed, he seems to be recovering from C-19 and his wife is due to be discharged from hospital in a day or so.
    Hope everyone has at least one positive in their life today …. dig deep and find that silver lining.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi V! Thats great news re yr cousin and his wife 🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Ditto finding the Monsoon jacket..I LOVE monsoon stuff!
    V,!!!!! do you know Married At First Sight begins again tonight?channel 4,9pm
    V and I were really into MAFs Australia and I swore I wdnt get drawn into another series..but yep,Im gonna watch…..and will prob get hooked all over again! Reeeeeel me in!😀 x

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes dear I’ll be there with you!!!! Probably fall asleep though and will have to do catchup tomorrow!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy! X Oooh lovely crisp afternoon here today,hope same for you!

*~ Turned on tv to see the news while having lunch and spotted Tales of the Unexpected on Sky Arts. Two stories,really enjoyed them,and the theme tune makes me want to jump up and dance. Sky arts now available freeview channel 11.
    *~ Lovely weather this avvo. Walked my daughter to the train station ( she works evenings)
    *~ Our postman was singing Jingle Bell Rock today..does that mean its time to put the sprouts on 😀 And talking of our postie,I found a lovely Christmas card “To Our Great Postie” online today

🍁🦊 “ A fallen leaf is nothing more than summer’s wave goodbye” 🦊🍁xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    What a lovely saying Yowzer …..summer’s wave goodbye….. certainly is.
    Well looks like things are getting more serious here in the North West so it’s more important than ever that we find positives, especially true for all of us in areas that are suffering increasingly draconian restrictions.
    I know we may have to resort to scraping the bottom of the barrel but we must carry on posting any little piece of good news …. so to my offering for today ……

💉💊🩺 Family continuing to improve and will hopefully stay on the upward path.

🍰🧁 Caught up with GBBO this afternoon which was more or less predictable. But then caught up with Married at First Sight …… why would you??????

🍽🍽 Dinner tonight is homemade tuna and fresh salmon fishcakes without a potato on sight! Will be having my usual cauliflower mash and an experimental Thai cabbage cooked with a little coconut oil, red curry paste and a touch of sesame oil. Sounds lovely but we will have to wait and see.

I always think of Wednesday as the middle of the week so just a few more days to the ‘weekend’. Enjoy the rest of the week.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Strange day today. Spoke to one couple who had had flu jab and were unwell but then another person who’d had no problem. So, on balance we decided to keep our appointment this afternoon. So first positive ……

💉💉 Flu jabs done and dusted.

👠💄 Long chat with girlfriend. It’s so easy to slip into isolation without realising, so I have decided to make more of an effort to ‘chat’ with friends. We need company no matter which form it comes in.

🍽🥦🐟 Well fish yet again tonight. I think this is a first. We love fish but don’t remember having it on four consecutive nights ! So tonight I am baking a whole plaice with olive oil, tomatoes, lemon thyme and bay leaves. It’s a RiverCafe recipe so I have high hopes! Broccoli, green beans and cauliflower will be the sides tonight. I often wonder why, many moons ago, I needed to have potatoes or pasta with almost every meal because I certainly don’t miss them. In fact, this morning I binned some pasta that was over three years old and was just taking space up in my cupboard!
    So as we approach the Weekend’ let’s stay positive and keep well.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi V! ( waves) and everyone!
    Yr meal sounds good V,enjoy!
    My positives
    *~ Like V, I had my flu jab too this avvo (Thank you NHS. ) Was offered pneumonia jab,going back for that next week ( thanks again NHS)
    *~ Enjoyed a lovely coffee overlooking the park. It came with a tiny piece of millionaire shortbread. Well it wd have been churlish not to eat it 😋 and it was delicious ( Thank you World Peace cafe)
    *~ Cant remember the last time I did this..had a browse round the Retail Park,really enjoyed it ( Thank you shops!) Bought a book ( Thank you Alan Bennett!) Hands are sore,have used so much sanitiser today! 🤗
    *~ The colours of the trees today were breathtaking ( Thank you trees)
    “ As long as autumn lasts I shall not have hands,canvas or colours enough to paint the beautiful things I see”
    ( Vincent Van Gogh )

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕

Hi everyone ! The weekends here again,rolls around fast doesnt it!

*~ Happy birthday John Lennon..Would have been 80 today 💖xx Born 9 th October 1940,Sefton General Hospital,Liverpool ( now an Asda supermarket) Thank you for the music and the memories x
    *~ For any fans that wish to look,here’s a list of the 30 top Lennon songs.
    https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/john-lennons-30-best-songs-67084/
    *~ One of John’s best quotes…
    “When you do something beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun, every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” 🌞🌼🌞🌼🌞🌼🌞

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    I started to post yesterday but then got sidetracked.
    I just have one positive today…….

I have ordered an Xmas pudding… just for two …. 100 g… 52carbs…. 309 cals in the whole pudding….. the two of us will enjoy!!!!!!

We all just have to look forward, we will ‘Live our lives’ again.
    Just keep on keeping on keeping yourselves safe and keep on living to the fullest you can ……life WILL return to normal…. just not sure when …… but in the meantime look after yourselves and you families.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend x

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi Verano.
    Could you please tell me where you have ordered your Christmas pud from? We are hopefully going down south to our daughter’s for Christmas but it would be nice to have a backup if everything goes pear shaped!
    Is it a local supplier – I am over the water from you on the Wirral!
    X B

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Busybee it’s from Waitrose… No1 12 month matured 100g, there is also a 400g one in a completely different box. Looks like we might all need a Plan B here in the North West. My best guess is that once they introduce new restrictions it won’t just be for a few weeks! Leicester went into ‘extra restrictions’ in mid July and I think they are still in place!
    Anyway, will write tomorrow after my appointment with the practice nurse ….. might have to take stock again tomorrow!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi there BUSYBEE 🐝! I was at the Pier Head today,I would have waved if I had known you were just over the water!
    Thats my positive for today…got some fresh air and sunshine at the waterfront. A beautiful day weatherwise.
    Lots of people at the Pier Head,tourists,locals,skateboarders,dog walkers..but so much space,it was easy to keep our distance.
    Mmmm VERANO I bet that pud will be delicious!
    Who knows what the week ahead will bring to the NorthWest and elsewhere…. Whatever happens,stay upbeat folks,and keep finding those positive vibes!
    Remember to exercise those chuckle muscles !😀🥳😀🥳😀🥳😀🥳😀

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello everyone.
    Despite the miserable weather and the miserable outlook I do have some positives …..

👩‍❤️‍👨🎂Today is our 51st wedding anniversary!!! Can’t believe it really! No celebration this year just have to be content with the memories of last years lovely party with family and friends …. it was a lovely day.

🥇🥇 The results are in! Feeling huge amount of relief. Despite my weight gain this year, HbA1c still good, 35, kidney function improved, cholesterol, although total number up from 4.2 to 5.3, the components are all good. Triglycerides less than 1, good bits up and bad bits down with the ratio being very good. So total numbers can be so deceptive! Nonetheless feeling as though I’ve been given another chance to work on my health and fitness.

🍽🐟🥦 Dinner tonight salmon trout with a lovey shop bought coconut and lemongrass sauce which surprisingly only has 3.5g carbs per serving. Tonight I’m going to try a mixture of cauliflower and broccoli mash and some asparagus, my very, very favourite vegetable. Maybe even a little 🥂🍾 too!
    Well it’s a new day, a new week and yet another new start for me so let’s hope we can all find some positives in what looks like a gloomy time ahead.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi Verano and Yowzer,
    We often walk around the top of the Wirral Peninsular that overlooks Liverpool and can see as far as Formby on a clear day. I’ll give you a wave next time I’m there!
    It’s nice to know that fellow BSD‘ters live close by – we’re going to need a lot of positive thoughts in our area over the next weeks/months!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO!!!!!! and MR V!!!! HappyAnniversary! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Enjoy yr day..Im glad you were able to celebrate fully for that very big one last year. Enjoy those memories and of course,the memories of 51 years ago. 🥰🥰🥰🥰 What a journey youve been on since then,all the things that have happened.
    Have a glass or two of bubbly,you deserve it,specially with those excellent test results!XX
    As for me,my positive is I had a few necessary errands today,got them done smoothly,out and back home again within two hours. Got back cold and wet but Im now warm and snug and grateful for that. Plus the satisfaction of todays T o Do list fulfilled and ticked off in my notebook
    Keep smiling everyone xxxx 🙂🙃🙂🙃

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yoohoo BUSYBEE! Lovely to know youre just over there!🥰
    Really enjoy visiting West Kirby and New Brighton and looking forward to a drive to Thurstaston sometime soon hopefully.
    One of our fave places is over on the Wirral..Merebrook House in Thornton Hough,had my 70 th there,they make it very special for their guests. Also recommend the Red Fox hotel nearby..lovely to sit by their big fire on a cold day.XX

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Haven’t been posting on here as often as I meant to but have been reading everyone else’s positives which are uplifting,well done everyone😀 My positives today
    1.This is my first day for a while of sticking exactly to my food plan and I’m feeling very good about it!
    2.Got click and collect shop today so have house full of healthy food🙂
    3.Have been to pick up dining table tonight purchased on gumtree,looks lot nicer than our old one and was a bargain.Wore masks and managed to socially distance!
    Going to work out food plan for next few days now to keep myself on track,still possible to get down to my goal weight for Christmas if I keep on keeping on🙂 Dawn

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I have definitely been neglecting my positive friends in here, apologies. I do love this post and I’m back in the room…..
    Positive from me:
    – holiday break and wee 10th wedding anniversary celebration (just the 2 of us) was great. last week was a well needed break from work and I’m feeling generally better. Was very flat before and struggling with general motivation. 2 weeks of hard work adn I ahve another week off – hand had time off since christmas other than 4 split days in July so i have a lot of days to use, and well frankly I’m gonna use them!!
    – Having a good time taking my wee horse adventuring – realised he’s been a little sheltered and needs to learn to ‘off road’ and go through puddles. We have had 2 lovely trips to the beach which was so relaxing and educational.
    – Oh and I went to a dressage competition on Sunday, first since February and I got to wear some new gear – a hat we bought for the Champs we didnt get to go to, and new boots i bought as my legs are slimmer since discovering this WOE and my old boots were baggy! Who’d have thought!
    – All family doing fine, riding out the strange times and making the most of what we can. Family WhatsApp chat is busy so nice we are staying in touch.

Have a good day
    Julz

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DAWN! Xx and Good to see you WINDY,back in the house! and lovely to hear more about yr horse! And happy Anniversary to you and Mr Windy xx
    Ooh how lovely to lose weight off yr legs! Well done,Not easy to lose from there,Im well jell ,specially as I have such awful chunky trunks due to lymphodema and nothing makes them budge from their unappealing shape.
    My today positives..
    *~ Goldilocks moment today..got three pairs trousers from my wardrobe this morning.
    One pair too big,one pair too small,the third pair just right! 👱‍♀️🐻🐻🐻
    *~ SIL has been busy building bookcases in his lounge plus new shelves in kitchen. Sent me photos and they look great!
    All very cosy for the coming winter.
    *~ Hairdressers still open (for now ! 🙄 ) so went for a wash and blow dry and a chat and laughter. Also went in favourite little health shop and got takeaway capachoochoo and caught up with the lovely lady who works there. Like WINDY said,its good to have that feeling of being in touch. Also,saw young neighbours walking with their dog..recently Ive noticed them from my window out without the dog,so I was sad,coz she’s an elderly girl,and I feared the worst,but she was looking in fine form today,out with Mum and Dad.
    *~ I dropped my umbrella getting on the bus,didnt realise til it was too late. Got a pleasant surprise on my way home,sbody had hung it up,so there it was waiting for me! Its a pretty one so Im glad I havent lost it!
    So all in all,a good day so far. thank you Universe xx!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So good to see plenty of posts still being made here ….. welcome back to Dawn, Julz and Busy. Big thank you to Yowser and V, for making sure our Positive thread is kept current and apologies for my tardy posting recently. Anyway, here are a few positives from me ….
    🌼 Still in Turkey and still enjoying being here. Still feels safe and now there are the quarantine restrictions in place when we return to the UK, think we stay put until about 20th Nov
    🍹 Test garment still fits and is wearable, so think I’m doing okay on keeping any weight gain to a minimum.
    🏖 Going to visit with some friends over the next couple of days, which will be a pleasant change of scene.
    If you have had a little win or positive bless you, please take a moment to share it with us too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello girls! So good to read so many positives, they really are uplifting. Sunny …. keep on enjoying …. stay as long as you can …. it’s cold here now and (whisper) just a few weeks before the clocks go back!
    Thanks for the good wishes Yowzer yes yesterday was certainly different to other anniversaries …. especially the ‘service station’ flowers!!! The thought was there.
    So to today’s positives …..
    1. Not quite sure how to describe this but I caught up on the first two episodes of ‘Enslaved’, BBC2, today and how sobering. I was shocked. So the positive is I’m so thankful for this new knowledge and grateful to be born in 20th century UK.
    2. Only other positive today is it’s meat night tonight! So venison burgers for me and a portion of left-over peppered steak for OH. Left over cauliflower/broccoli mash reheated in the oven and sprouts and that’s it …. very little washing up!
    Busybee your post makes me realise we have so much to enjoy on our own doorsteps …. will visit the ‘other side of the water’ very soon!
    Have a good evening and hope Wednesday brings all that you wish for.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Trying to keep positive in spite of the gloomy news here in Tier three! To be honest, our lives won’t change too much and as long as the sun shines sometimes so we can get out for a walk or drive to our lovely beaches we will be fine.
    Another positive- I have managed to book an Ocado delivery for Christmas week so if we can’t go down to DD to celebrate, at least we can enjoy some nice food and a glass or two of fizz!
    X B

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Busybee, great that you got a slot they seem to be like gold dust!
    A very quiet day here for me but I will find some positives …..

🥕🧅🥦 Made a huge vat of lentil soup yesterday and sent several portions to my cousin’s recovering wife and some to my 92 year old neighbour. That’s my good deed for the day.

🎂🧁🍰 Caught up on last nights Bake Off. I was so disappointed at the outcome because I thought that the eliminated contestant had real promise. Looking forward to next week.

🌶🐓🧄 Korean chicken for dinner tonight and a first for me …. frozen cauliflower rice …. will let you know, but really not too sure at the moment!
    Hope there will be more positives posted soon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY sounds like youre having such a lovely time and well done on that still fitting test garment!xx
    Yoohoo V! Your soup sounds very tasty and nourishing and will help get yr relatives back on their feet!💖
    Hello everyone,hope youre having a great day today!
    Mine are small positives but every little helps,keeps us thankful and smiling!
    *~ More deliveries today,and more xmas gifts to wrap when they’ve spent their days in quarantine. One funny moment,..a delivery guy brought me a bottle of bourbon ( towards SIL’s xmas gifts) This little skinny guy looked about twelve years old,and asked for my date of birth,( as he is instructed to) but it just seemed so incongruous and unnecessary….I said you cant be serious and he shouted I know ! I know ! laughing his head off,and I was chuckling too…but I did feel like saying after a minute of him doubled up in tucks..Ok ok..you neednt laugh quite so long and heartily and uproariously! 🙂🙃
    *~ A sequel Ive been waiting for arrived today,cant wait for its quarantine to be over,so I can continue the story from Book One.
    *~ hmmmm..not much else has happened here today! …but I’m grateful to be sitting at home,a lady of leisure,done my chores for the day,family and friends are all ok,thankful for that,and all my blessings always to be applauded 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
    Bye for now folks and remember to Curb those Carbs! And just think….
    🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟~ “ Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.” ~
    ( Johann Wolfgang von Goethe) 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,my pozzys today
    *~ Helped out a neighbour who had locked himself out. He needed ladders to climb back in thru a second floor window, so wanted double ladders. I managed to track down another neighbour who had double ladders he could borrow.( good deed for the day,tick)
    *~ Really enjoyed little catch ups with neighbours as I went ladder hunting. One neighbour’s darling elderly dog kept bringing her toys to the front door to show me 🥰🥰🥰🥰
    *~ Sorry,this is boring,always going on about post,but more excitement for me in the post today. I now have three books to enjoy,and think Ive pretty much done my Xmas shopping! ( Now,to get the sprouts on 😀😀😀😀 )
    XXXX
    🥳🥳🥳 Be crazy, be stupid, be silly, be weird. Be whatever, because life is too short to be anything but happy. 🥳🥳🥳

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh so jealous of those who have done their christmas shopping…. I havent even finished getting OH birthday sorted adn his birthday is Monday!!
    Positives……. Ive struggled a bit in the evenings this week, but i shall be positive….
    – Its friday, whoop, I dont technically work a friday and i am sat in my office, but still, I should be done by lunchtime!
    – Last 2 lunchtimes managed to get out for a brief brisk walk with hubby, nice to do that again, now just need to find the motivation to go out in the evenings in the dark…. I miss spring!
    – i have a plan for Saturday family dinner which should help me stay on plan easier – we WILL play a board game after we’ve eaten, it’ll save me getting grumpy watching the men drink wine and eat pudding! (they are getting a starter and a main, no pud – complain at their peril – dad always says his appetite is less, being 85 and all…. then promptly eats a mountain and complains at being full…… well, this will learn him! hahaha. Actually he’ll enjoy it, but dont tell him!)
    – Got a couple of big pieces of work off my desk this week, its refreshing….. to do list is beginning to come under control. I guess I’ll end up laminating “wear a face covering signs” for the office kitchen and corridors now….
    – Quiet weekend planned – hoping to keep busy, get jobs done and get some exercise in!
    – nearly a week reasonably back on track…. here’s to keeping on keeping on….. small steps and shuffles but must make progress!

Have a possy day peeps

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,hope everyone is ok 🙏🙏🙏 WINDY enjoy yr family dinner tonight! Love the board games idea!
    I really enjoy them at a get together,also playing charades is good fun.
    Happy Bday to Mr Windy for Monday!and dont worry re Crimbo shopping,Yes,mine is ( insanely) complete,but I dont go out to work any more, so I have lots spare time,specially these days!🙄
    Your To Do list is getting up to date and thats the main thing,and OHs bday X
    Hmmmm positives ..Ive been in Tier 3 since Wednesday…getting vertigo from being so high up!Hehe! 🙂🙃
    Im having a lazy Saturday,feet up reading,might watch “ Mystery Road“ on BFI later,and of course,remembering to get up every half hour and move round,drink some water…no doubt a bit of grazing and snacking will happen too if Im not careful 😋🙂🙃 Something about a Saturday makes me want treats,tho what we often call treats arent exactly treats for our bodies!
    Thats all for today,take care everyone and 🐝 happy! XXX
    Saw this quote in a shop window yesterday..
    “ Youth is the gift of nature,but age is a work of art”
    ( Stanislaw Jerzy Lec)
    🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thought it time to post a few more positives, so here goes….
    🇹🇷 double positive … weather still lovely in Turkey, but with cooler nights, so easier to sleep 😴
    🍵 found some delicious teas, so will be stocking up to bring some home … a sapphire earl grey and a very good masala chai
    🤗 spent two lovely days out of town, catching up with a good friend.
    🏖 resort is sliding into off season mode, so much quieter and more relaxed.

Whatever is happening with you, I hope there are some positives to be found. If you spot one, do please take a moment to share it with us. Have a great weekend everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNYB That sounds absolutely idyllic! X

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello thought I should post today. Can’t believe it’s four days since I was last here.
    Sunny …. all sounds lovely. Enjoy!
    Thanks for all the positives it really helps to read good news.
    So I will do my best to find something positive …..
    📚🛋 Had a very quiet day today which has been very relaxing. Have spent quite some time sorting out a ‘plan’ for the next few months. I know that the ‘tier’ system is being sold as ‘short term’ but my guess is that once we go up a tier it will be almost impossible to go back down ….. maybe we’ll be stuck with the new ‘recommendations/ rules’ till spring. So with that in mind I need a ‘winter plan‘. Lots of thoughts on paper!
    🍽🐓🥦 Dinner tonight roast chicken with green vegetables and maybe roasted cauliflower for a change.
    Hope Sunday has been good for you with lots of positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiiii VERANO,SUNNY,BUSYBEE,DAWN,WINDY and all. X
    V I am like you,I love making plans! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 I always have a notebook on the go! Some of the plans come to nothing,others work well. Sometimes I decide to just be impromptu and spontaneous instead.
    *~ A relaxing day for me also. Always grateful for them. Nothing nicer than a day to spend just as you please! Bought some lovely stationery on ebay. I do love having a stock of nice stationery to use 🥰🥰🥰🥰
    *~ Enjoyed a catch up online with my old school pals. Lovely to still have them in my life.💖
    *~ Beau has finally spent the vouchers he got for last Christmas and his bday in Feb..normally we wd have shopped and spent them all in spring and summer,but,of course we didnt this year. Today he purchased a lovely leather jacket online.
    And still got some left for another little online spree!
    Hope everybody having a good day,stay safe…..
    And keep smiling..it makes people wonder what youve been up to! 🙂🙃X

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Positive monday greeting to you all.
    Yowser – funny the vouchers, we have just remembered about christmas gift vouchers for a tapas restaurant we were given last christmas, thankfully nor expiry so we will try and use them next week when we are off and can dine during the day. The menu looks reasonable enough for BDS friendly food and if we eat mid afternoon, I reckon i can go one meal in the day and be on plan. Already eyed up the side salad – oh how times have changed from when i hated tapas cos i always came out having spent a fortune and never really feeling “full”. I guess all of that is my first positive!

I had a good long fast Thursday evening til saturday lunchtime, felt top for it and even managed a pretty good 3k run, 4 seconds of my PB. I find fasting like that so so good for my headspace, no decision to make, no counting, just black coffee and water drinking.
    Out put of that was a 100% on plan Saturday, which literally never happens, and it included dinner with dad and hubby. Carb free lasagne for me with a side of garlic roast cauliflower, normal lasagne and garlic bread for them. zero alcohol for me, very hydrated! Honestly, the number of saturdays I have achieved this since starting out are very very few and far between.

Had a lovely catch up with a good friend, who was a neighbour until 2 weeks ago. Sad she is no longer here but lovely to stay in touch. Its been a rough time for her so nice to be able to go for a walk and talk. Oh and i’d just got back from a walk so ended up doing an obscene amount of steps yesterday. 25,000 steps, 10km active walking and then faffing around house and stables. Good day.

ITs OHs birthday today and we have a workable plan. Steaks for dinner which is quite exciting. I just need to decide if i go veggie chips, roast cauli or mashed cauli….hhmmmm decisions. Got him some reasonable silly wee gifts which made him smile, and a pair of walking boots which he needs. Both working today but should be a nice one!

All well and healthy, I’ll continue for that to be a positive every time as we cant take our health for granted.

Hope you are all looking for the positives and have a lovely week planned.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi …. with you all but my long long post has disappeared!! Won’t get annoyed because I gave my new ‘calm head’ on ! Have a good evening

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Keep calm and carry on V! Its frustrating when that happens!
    Happy Monday folks! 🌼🐝🌼🐝🌼🐝🌼🐝🌼🐝🌼🐝🌼
    WINDY,25,000 steps!🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺 blowing a fanfare of congratulations on my imaginary bugle!!!!! Respect! X💖
    Not much news here,but..
    *~ Heard from my niece today…her little dog who’s getting on in years now got a clean bill of health from the vet….she sent a little vid of him playing with his toys ( the dog that is,not the vet😀😀😀)
    *~ Fasted today til just now ..Go me! 😘
    Thats about it from me today folks,so toodle -oo and take care !xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning.
    Take 2 ….. can’t remember what I was writing yesterday so going to start again!
    Thank you for all for posting your positives they really are uplifting.
    Well, yesterday, Monday and the start of a new week and Day1 of my new ‘plan’…..

🥢🍴🥄 Wrote our a menu for the week which is the first time ever! I usually just decide in the morning what we will have that evening.
    🍽🥦🐓 Roast cauliflower on Sunday was wonderful but roast sprouts last night weren’t as good.
    🧺🧺🧺 Washing almost complete, just one load left for today.
    🚰🚰🚰 Had my water quota yesterday. I use the timer on my phone to remind me to drink every 30 minutes …. it works!
    ✈️🛳🏖 Finally pencilled in a trip we planned a few months ago for next summer. The real positive will be when I feel I can write it in the diary in ink.

So on balance I had a really positive day and very much feel as though my mojo is back!
    Have a good and positive day today.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Verano
    I just read your post. That’s a really helpful tip about using the timer on your phone to remind you to drink water (an on-going failing of mine). I’m going to start that. I also read about your hba1c result. Congratulations, that’s another great result, Belated congratulations too on your wedding anniversary – impressive!
    Interestingly, I was due a blood test last week for my hba1c but the GP practice phoned and cancelled it the day before. The labs here (in the North-East or at least my part) are currently only doing emergency blood tests. My bgls are good so I’m OK but you might have got your test at just the right time.
    Jennie xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Jennie
    Thank you! Sorry to hear about your blood test. I think we were just lucky to get ours done. I hadn’t had one for 19 months so I was worried but all was well. I tried to get a test last June but couldn’t then again in August and persistence eventually paid off.
    I am really bad drinking water, I just forget! Now I tend to have 1.5ltrs by mid-day then I don’t mind if I just have tea or coffee. Try it it works.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hehe its catching V..take 2 for me,just completed and lost my post!😀 Gahhhhhh!!!!!!
    Well done V on yr menu for the week..I have never done one either! And oooh yes what a happy day when we can make firm arrangements again and write them on the calendar/ diary!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Positives…
    *~ Just had a prescription review and blood tests results( all ok) and appt made for pneumonia jab, Thank you doctor and practice nurses.
    *~ All my Xmas shopping now done,all online,most of it wrapped. Ditto gifts for a few pre xmas bdays.
    Only good thing about this virus,it does mean more time indoors to get things done…but not going to say thank you virus…Just…. go away please virus!🙏🙏🙏🙏
    *~ Quick trip to city centre today,in and out in an hour.
    When I was a kid” going to town” was quite an occasion,we dressed smartly,usually went with favourite and indulgent uncle and were usually bought a small treat. I dont think ive ever lost that feeling of town being special,so Ive missed going regularly these last six months or so. Beau had a voucher to spend..he bought himself a jumper and a bottle of brandy. Thank you M n S voucher ( other stores available)😀
    I love this quote from the incredible Georgetastic Harrison..
    “ All the world is birthday cake,so take a piece but not too much “ x 💖💝

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi Everyone,some positives for today:
    Went with my mum to local shopping centre, had nice wander and bought some Christmas stuff.Didn’t stay too long as we were getting pretty hot in our masks.I really feel for people who have to wear them all day in their work!

Heard today that my Dad’s care home are reinstating visits(albeit window ones) so may get chance to see him again😀It’s his birthday on 4th November and we didn’t honestly think he would still be with us by now.Trying to think of birthday presents which the care home will be able to take as they are very restricted.

Am definitely struggling with this woe at the minute but even on days when I’m completely off plan I still try to read everyone’s posts and find lots of uplifting advice🙂I think even the fact that we are TRYING to get healthy during this very difficult time is a positive👍

Keep trying everyone.Dawn

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Lovely positives, I’ll keeping going also….
    – went for an after-dark walk last night down our unlit country road….. it was lovely. When I was really on top of this WOE we did it almost every night and it was so therapeutic, but also far easier as the weather was glorious. Decision made to make sure we do it even if it is dark and cold….. it was dark, and we thought it was raining so we were dressed for the elements….turned out to be dry and milder than we thought so it was a very hot walk in all our waterproofs. haha.
    – taking the wee horse out training this evening (so no walking) for the first time in a month or 2. Looking forward to it.
    – starting to plan things for a week off work next week, and got agreement from OH that it wont be a food focused week.
    – survived OHs birthday meal, calories probably high and a couple of oatcakes afterwards….some how i feel ‘sad’ when folk around me are eating cake and over indulging, its not that i want to be but the feeling of restriction i think, and not being able to join in. My dad will never be thoughtful in this respect and that frustrates me also. But we now have a clean run through til christmas with no need to celebrate anything and i should be able to better control their saturday night meal times.

Busy day or 2 ahead so thats me for today

WJ

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys,

I feel like adding a few positives today some of which didn’t happen today but are still bouncing around as a positive.

A few days ago I met someone I hadn’t seen for 12 years. – There wasn’t the double take, good she has changed, should I comment on it best not, moment when you can see those thoughts going across someones face, Its still sinking in the reminder that I am back to the size / fitness I was before I started piling on the weight.

I am working beside a guy who has ADHD. is highly intelligent, and we share some interests. Its heaven to have someone to talk to who thinks at the same rate I do. Actually, its better than that, I am in the rare situation that I am not the fastest person in the room, he is outpacing me on work.

Wales is going into lockdown again, it means that for people like me where the “rules” mean businesses have to close but the government has not said you have to close so they don’t provide any financial support we will have a brief period of financial support. Even if just for a brief period every penny helps.

I had a chat with a friend tihs morning. She opened up how hard she is finding life at present, her husband is gradually fading away, but its just a range of issues which are making him frail and has been expected. Its been obvious that she is struggling but its the first time she felt up to sharing how she is feeling. I am sure that she was in a better mood to face today after our chat than at the start of her phone call.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Positive Peeps!🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸
    Today Ive been thinking about the questions we all inevitably have for government ministers and local leaders in these days of uncertainty and confusion. Sadly its often the case that answers from the powers that be are not forthcoming. Lets face it,our politicians are renowned for not giving a straightforward answer to a question!
    So instead I’ve been questioning myself about how best to live this limited way of life we have all had to get accustomed to. And that after a brief time in the summer,when it seemed maybe,just maybe,lockdown had done the job,and our world was starting to open up again,in fact its started to close down once more.
    I read a quote by poet Rainer Maria Rilke which states,
    ‘ Be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves’…
    Im not sure I can love the many questions I have about this virus,testing,tracking,and tracing,vaccines,one rule for those in power,another for us..
    so I started questioning myself about how I feel – now and for the future,looking inside my heart for answers.
    *~ Obvious question for us on this thread…What have I become grateful for since March of this year?
    *~ What self care practices can I use daily to bring myself peace,reduce anxiety and stress?
    *~ What activities from ‘ the old days’ am I glad to leave behind/ do I want to leave behind? Are there any new habits I would like to take up.
    *~ What situations or people can I send prayers to that might help?
    *~ How can I contribute to a better future for everyone?
    Just some of my thoughts today..
    And here’s a great quote that may help bring peace to our minds,hearts and souls…

‘All is well. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this situation only good will come. I am safe’. -Louise Hay

Please log in or register to post a reply.