Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DAWN! yes the masks get very uncomfortable..and I feel quite disorientated when I have one on..I too feel for those who have to wear them for hours on end.
    I hope you see yr Dad for his bday..he’s a Scorpy soul same as me πŸ’–
    WINDY,country roads and country walks in the dark sound so peaceful…Im longing for some countryside! The parks and woods are fab,but I wd love to see some open fields and hills,cows and sheep and horses,and get fresh country air! πŸ’–
    JGWEN thats great about seeing the old friend and knowing you look as good as you did 12 years ago!
    I bumped into an old neighbour from 5 years ago..he uttered those immortal words,You look well..Which I always take as meaning you look plumpscious to say the least! My own fault for allowing weight to return πŸ™„ xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Yowzer glad your blood tests etc. were ok and I’m impressed with your forward thinking …. all Xmas shopping done!
    Dawn so pleased you might be able to visit your dad soon that would be great. Don’t worry too much about sticking to the β€˜plan’ just try and stay as low carb as you can. Life continues.
    Julz I envy you β€˜outdoor’ life it sounds wonderful.
    JGwen so glad you have positives and they really are good. Is it crass to say ….. something good comes out of everything!
    Ahh, the questions…… there don’t seem to be any answers but what does puzzle me is why, if something doesn’t work we keep going down the same route anyway, with the same restrictions and probably the same outcomes!!!
    Anyway to my positives for today ……

πŸ§…πŸ₯•πŸ₯¦ Today I’ve had a soup-athon. Made broccoli and Stilton soup, cauliflower and red pepper soup and chicken soup. Tomorrow will be lentil soup and Thai squash soup. Then I will have a freezer full of soup, enough to last at least a month!
    πŸ½πŸ“πŸŸ New idea of making a weekly menu is working really well. Strangely enough it’s stopped my continuous thoughts about food.
    β˜ŽοΈπŸ“žβ˜ŽοΈ Long chat with friend who was recently widowed. Always good to talk.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well. Posting positives forces us to look on the bright side ….. let’s keep keeping on ……..

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO theres a saying isnt there..
    The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result! X

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes Yowzer …… really sounds mad to me!!!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Thank you for the smile Yowzer I particularly liked the first one.
    Well, today for me has been a β€˜Sunday’ …. that’s my positive for the day!
    I decided not to cook today so have spent the day catching up on missed tv …. very indulgent but great.
    Hope Thursday has been very positive fir everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

πŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸŽƒ
    Lovely autumny Friday today! My positives….
    ~ Watching from my window,I saw a mother crawling along with a tiny boy who was slowly pushing a teeny dolls pram ..it had a πŸŽƒ pumpkin in it!
    Looked out 45 mins later and they were making their way back on the opposite side,Mum endlessly patient,still going painfully slowly..but they made such a charming picture! XXX
    *~ I read this today…In order to find out how you feel about someone,ask yourself two questions..
    Would I a) go for two beers with this person?
    and b) would I allow them to look after my puppy for a weekend?
    If the answer is No and No,avoid at all costs
    If the answer is Yes and No,these are to be cautiously trusted
    Some people are No and Yes. These people are no fun but they make the world a better place,especially for puppies
    If the answer is Yes and Yes,these are wonderful people who make your life better. Seek them out. Collaborate with them. Enjoy their company! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
    *~ Went on our little circular bus that takes me to the Post Office,door to door. Noticed a lot of houses already done up for Halloween and some particularly good displays this year..big silvery cobwebs,ghostly apparitions at windows,skulls,massive spiders,monsters…..really complemented the autumny atmosphere.
    XXX

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon.
    Hi Yowzer , as usual you’ve come up with something that makes me smile thank you!
    Would just like to remind everyone that even if you can only find one β€˜positive’ it is a great idea to post here. Autumn has definitely settled in here in the northern hemisphere and the clocks go back this weekend so, for many, this can be a sad time, especially with the added problem of Covid restrictions. It’s amazing how uplifting it can be, when you are low/down, to find just one ray of sunshine, no matter how small , to lift the spirits.
    So, for me today …….

πŸ›«πŸ›©πŸ– Another β€˜corridor’ opened today and I thought …. wonderful …. holiday … then I thought…. β€˜mask’ …. no thank you. It was a nice thought while it lasted.
    πŸ’‰πŸ©ΊπŸ› Cousin seems to be much brighter. He’s still hospitalised but at least moving in the right direction.
    πŸŒΆπŸ“πŸŒΆ Korean chicken tonight with steamed bok choi. I tried frozen cauliflower rice last week but I’m not a great fan.

I have to say that writing out a weekly menu for evening meals has been quite a revelation for me. I’ve never done it before but it’s quite liberating. My β€˜to do’ next week is get back into a good meditation routine again. Its strange but I find mindfulness so much easier to do everyday, when I’m relaxed! Anyway that’s my goal for next week …… maybe time for a new thread!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi V Im not a fan of cauli rice..im glad sbody has mentioned it,coz I thought,I must be going mad,coz I love cauli but not cauli rice?
    Actually I AM going mad, i said thank you to a pan last night..
    Meditation,yes! Get back into it,its wonderful and so good for you.
    I love listening to Deepak Chopra meds and also Matt Kahns xxxxπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ …..ommmmmmmm..πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,sorry I haven’t posted for a few days,I had intended to,some positives for today:

My Mum and I have been to see my dad for a window visit at his care home tonightπŸ™‚ (Thanks for your kind thoughts Yowser and Verano) it’s only 2nd time we’ve been allowed to see him since he had to go into a care home back in April and last time we went he was sitting with his head hanging and didn’t speak.He was completely different this time,confused but chatting a bit and it was just lovely.As long as visits are allowed to continue my sister will go with my Mum next time nearer my Dad’s birthday.He’s still not eating but doesn’t look too bad considering that.Not being able to be in the room with him and hug him is awful,especially for my Mum but at least we’ve seen himπŸ˜€

Having cosy night in now,watching Bake Off Extra Slice🍰

I’m going to spend some time tomorrow doing a menu plan for the week as I really haven’t been concentrating enough on what I should be eating for last few days but I’m still in positive frame of mind about reaching my goal for ChristmasπŸŽ„

Hope everyone is having a nice night/dayπŸ™‚

Dawn

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So good to see all the positives people are finding to post. Wading in on the meditation front, there’s an app called Bliss, which allows you to build peaceful sound tracks from a variety of calming sound clips, like bird song, waves lapping on a beach, soft rainfall etc., to listen to whilst meditating and you can save them for future use too.

Anyway, thought it high time I posted positives again too, so here goes …..
    🀭 Burnt myself on a cooking pot and it went a bit catiwhompus and unpleasant. Usually I use lavender oil for burns, but didn’t have any, so ask the guy I buy spices from here, where I might get some. Having asked why I wanted it, he gave me a bottle of St John’s Wort blended with olive oil and told me apply frequently. I was sceptical, but thought I’d give it a go for a couple of days and wow! Can’t believe how well and quickly it worked … almost completely healed after 6 days.
    πŸ›© Flights home booked at a bargain price.
    🏑 Still looking for property out here, which has been stressing me out, but after a long discussion last evening, we are now at least agreed on our criteria and so are ‘on the same page’.
    That’s it for me right now…. won’t brag about the weather etc! Do enjoy your weekend and remember to come and tell us about your positives too.
    Stay safe everyone.

• posted by Busybee
    on

My positive this week is we finally have begun to sort out our loft of years of β€˜things’ we haven’t used or need. This includes boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations which we used before we moved to our little bungalow. (Those were the days- 😒)
    As to cauliflower rice, I love it! I mash it, use it in a hash but my favourite is fried in butter with lots of black pepper. Everyone to their own!
    X.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi!
    Yowzer thinking of making my cauliflower rice into a pizza base??
    Dawn I feel so sad for you and your family. I don’t know what it is but there has to be a better way …. any thoughts anyone? … send them to Boris!
    Ahh, lofts … Busybee one of my pet hates is storing β€˜stuff’ in lofts, when do we ever, ever take something out of the loft to use it? I don’t store in the loft…. apart from β€˜stuff’ we will never use but too good to dispose of!!
    Sunny good to hear from you. Terrible dilemma …which property shall we buy!! What a lovely β€˜problem’ to have. Glad you are still enjoying good weather. More importantly pleased to hear you burn has healed.

πŸ’¦πŸ’¨πŸ’¦ Weather was awful here today but the positive was that I felt no guilt watching tv this afternoon ….. watched The Trump Show … eye opener.
    🌿🌴☘️ Despite the weather we have some very old cherry trees quite close …. wonderful burnt copper leaves are a delight to see. Also, outside our path is a tree with brilliant red leaves. Autumn may be on its way out but it’s last β€˜hurrah’ is wonderful.
    πŸ₯¦πŸ“πŸ₯¦ Roast chicken, roast cauliflower and cabbage tonight …. so looking forward to it …. it smells wonderful!

Have a lovely evening and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi peeps..DAWN,sopleased youve seen yr Dad and he seems happier X
    BUSYBEE I must say,Cauli rice fried in butter,plenty of black pepper,sounds good,and VERANO… pizza base is a good idea,give it a go! And the leafy colours are stupendous this year arent they X
    SUNNYB catiwhumpus,what a marvellous word!glad you ve healed up.
    Me too,always have lavender in the kitchen,takes the sting out of burns,helps them heal.X
    *~ Niece sent me flowers today,ο»Ώlovely surprise
    *~ ο»ΏDark and gloomy afternoon/ evening,,but cosy indoors,got a little box of chox with my flowers,wd be impolite not to eat them,hehe! So ive got my trotters up reading and savouring my treat.
    *~ Extra hours sleep tonight! Wooohoooooo!
    πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

• posted by FairFrank
    on

My dear old dad came through his hip replacement op under spinal anaesthetic ok, took a while to stabilise but he made it. He has been very immobilised after arthritis where he broke it years ago. Hoping he will be comfortable soon and hopping about soon after that. Now we’re trying to find him a nice bed and a recliner for faster recovering .I’ve read this article
    whether you think it’s lying or not?

I negotiated through a difficult situation for work and got a good outcome for all.

I had a portion of superseeds which hit the spot, low carb but with cacao so they soothed my sweet tooth. Been v good and urges are lessening but all those decades of sugar munching are not going to get forgotten overnight for me. It was good to find a treat which didn’t leave me feeling rubbish.

• posted by FairFrank
    on

Omg… My dear old dad came through his hip replacement op under spinal anaesthetic ok, took a while to stabilise but he made it. He has been very immobilised after arthritis where he broke it years ago. Hoping he will be comfortable soon and hopping about soon after that. Now we’re trying to find him a nice bed and a recliner for faster recovering .I’ve read this article
    whether you think it’s lying or not?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*~ Socially distanced walk to prom with DD,lovely. Started raining a little on our way back,but we had hooded jackets on,so we were ok.
    *~ Came home to fab rainbow thru my kitchen window!
    *~ Looking forward to a new week of fresh low carb efforts to improve overall health! Happy week everybody xx
    β€œ Love yourself first,because its who you’ll be spending the rest of your life with β€œ
    β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™ πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™ πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„πŸ’™β„

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon.
    FairFrank might be best to consult the surgeon.
    Yowzer how wonderful to get surprise flowers …. especially when they come with chocolates! Enjoy!
    I have had a really lovely lazy Sunday ……

πŸŽŸπŸ“½ 🎞Watched a great mindless film this morning β€œCrazy Rich Asiansβ€œ. I think I have seen it before on a flight but must have slept through a good bit if it.
    πŸ”ͺπŸŒΆπŸ§…πŸ§„ Stir fry tonight. All the slicing done so easy cooking.

I’ve had such a quiet day that I have very few positives but also have no negatives!
    Monday tomorrow and the start of a new week, and not far from a new month, let’s hope we can all find some positives over the coming days. Have a good week.

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer our posts crossed ….. great saying!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yoohoo V! Hope youre having a cosy evening after a lovely lazy day,it feels very late already and its only 5.30!πŸ¦‰πŸŒœπŸ¦‡X

• posted by Verano
    on

Ok take 2 …. I will not be beaten!
    Hello.
    The weather here has been miserable today and I know they say that every cloud has a silver lining but there are so many here I’ve got no chance of finding one!
    I know it’s sometimes really difficult to find the positives, especially at the moment, but we just have to keep trying, even if we are scraping the bottom of the barrel …. I am today … but here we go……

πŸ›«πŸŒ΄πŸ§³ Today I’ve thought about planning a holiday but am just not 100% sure it’s the right thing to do. I think I’m relatively β€˜safe’ here but not sure about the safety of hotels.
    πŸ’¦πŸ§ΊπŸ§Ί I know Monday is traditionally β€˜washing day’ but I decided to catchup on the last episode of β€˜Enslavedβ€˜ instead. I really recommend the series, very thought provoking. The washing will still be there tomorrow!
    πŸ“πŸ₯— Writing an evening meal menu for the week worked really well last week so have written one for this week too. So for me tonight it’s leftover chicken and salad! I’ve decided to try a lunch menu too which hopefully will stop me grabbing some cheese and Ryvita because I’m starving and it’s quick. I must admit writing a menu in advance means I end up with far less waste and hopefully less β€˜waist’!

Pop by with just one positive if you can, but if not keep looking for that β€˜silver’ lining.
    Have a good Tuesday, may it be full of positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi VERANO! And anyone else who β€˜s around ….hell-ooooooo? Anybody there? Knock once for yes and twice for no!
    V thats a great idea planning lunches,as your evening meal plan went so well last week πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    I agree re hotels,just at the moment,the idea of hotel beds doesnt really appeal.
    And yes,the washing never goes away,so Im glad you put those trotters up today..i havent heard of Enslaved,will google it.
    The washing can be done another time!
    My positives…
    *~ Nice crisp autumn avvo,I( it was quite bright and sunny round Greenbank and Seffy Park V )…we had a drive and a coffee and got a few errands done. Posted bday gifts to daughters friends boy turning eight,picked up a prescription,tried to leave some books at my favourite charity shop but theyre not taking donations just now – theyve been inundated since lockdown and everyone having clear outs!
    *~ Watched a good film this evening called Summerland…lovely scenery and some great costumes ….and a twist to the story I didnt see coming!
    *~ Counted how many tops I have that I cant get into…theres at least a dozen plus a few that are borderline..disgraceful! Has given me an incentive to do much much better! πŸ™
    VERANO!thks for email,will reply tomoz,too pooped to write more today
    Night night VERANO,friends,lurkers and BSDers everywhere…sleep sweet if its night in your part of the world
    🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 🌟🌟🌟 May the dove of peace take flight around the world 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• posted by Busybee
    on

I too am finding it hard to find any positives, though I am still trying to do an extra cleaning job each week/day. (All I did during those months of lockdown in the summer was enjoy the sunshine and only did the bare necessities)
    Today I aim to clear out the spice and sauces which I never use and are taking up too much space.
    We have just been for a quick walk by the sea before the rain came so I will claim that as a positive!
    X B

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Good to see you Busybee. I know what you mean about the housework but I have a theory if you don’t move anything you don’t see the dust!
    Yowzer Enslaved is a four part series on BBC 2 but has a completely different angle on the slave trade, well worth a look.
    That brings me to my first positive…..
    πŸŽžπŸ“½πŸŽž Catching up with β€˜ A House in History β€˜ on BBC 2 , third series. My degree is in Social & Economic History so still fascinated by social history programmes and there are some great ones to catch up on at the moment.
    ☎️☎️☎️ Three telephone calls from friends this afternoon. Don’t know about you but I make so few phone calls because I’m not doing much so I have nothing to say! However, had three long chats of over 30 minutes each …. all about nothing!
    πŸ½πŸ“πŸ§„πŸŒΆ Sorry I know this is boring now but I have to find my β€˜three’. So dinner tonight is lemon and coriander chicken breasts with red Thai curry roast cauliflower, asparagus and sprouts for OH!
    So tomorrow is Wednesday (just in case the days really are melding into one!) middle of the week, but we still have time to make this week count as a step forward towards a more healthy life ….. let’s make Wednesday a positive one!
    Sunny when are you back? We need you!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi V, I’ll be back in the UK on 20th Nov, but probably fit for nothing until 23rd! We’ll set off from here at 8am (5am UK time) to get the to the airport on time to fly back into Stansted and then take the train into London. Then is will be and underground train to Hammersmith to get the coach to Somerset …. think we’ll be home around 10PM UK time. I predict a total sense ot humour failure by then! Hence I’m unlikely to be communicative for a couple of days after getting home … think at that point finding g the positives might be a struggle!!!

Anyway, huge thanks to all for taking time to post positives and I’m happy to contribute couple while I can ….
    πŸ₯˜ Have cooked what I predict will be a very acceptable beef and red wine casserole for tomorrow, to be shared with friends.
    🀭 Having recently acquired a Smartphone, 10yr old Granddaught has decided that she’ll send photos of desired Christmas gifts this year, instead of a list … way to make tech work for you!
    🌞 Weather in our corner of Turkey continues to be good, even though it’s almost November.

Try to find just one small positive in your day and take a moment to share it with us, there are so many that find inspiration from reading them.

• posted by Verano
    on

HELLO SUNNY!
    Keep enjoying. Look forward to your return but for the moment just ENJOY!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi there BUSYBEE VERANO AND SUNNY..xxx
    Hope the spice clearing went well BB? SUNNY you still have ages to enjoy Turkey! how fab! …then home to Somerset,sounds lovely,are you near Glastonbury ( I think its in Somerset …?)
    VERANO your dust theory is my kind of theory! πŸ‘πŸ»
    My positives,only small but they made it a good day…
    * ~ Spotted my favourite breed of dog today..wire haired fox terrier..she was only a baby,a bundle of furry cuteness!
    *~ ive mopped all the floors today,feel quite virtuous πŸ˜‡
    * ~ Virtuous day too foodwise,too,have had a little detoxy day of berries and steamed veg,lots of warm water and πŸ‹
    ( hungry now tho…grrrr…)
    πŸ˜β€œ The greatest gift you can give to another is your thoughts,intentions and energy. Use your energy to bless your loved ones β€œ πŸ₯° xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Yowser …. yes, Glastonbury is on Somerset and we about half hour’s drive from there, so fairly close.

Have a really positive day everyone. We have friends coming to dinner this evening, so that will be my main focus today, although a lot of the advance prep is already done, so hopefully won’t prove too stressful.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello all.
    Sunny hope your evening went well. I’m sure you food was lovely.
    Yowzer well done on your virtuous day …. everyday is going to be mine but haven’t managed it in a while now!
    That brings me to my first positive…..
    β˜€οΈπŸŒˆβ˜€οΈ Managing to stay on an even keel weight wise. Up a bit down a bit but no real damage done. Eating well, probably too well!
    πŸ§„πŸŒΆπŸ§… Last nights cauliflower was wonderful…. cut cauliflower into florets and include the tiny bits (they are great burnt) put into a plastic bag, add a tablespoon of olive oil, garlic granules, salt and pepper and massage well. Add a tablespoon or more of red curry paste and a few tablespoons of either yogurt or creme fraiche. Massage well and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes or so. Bake spread out on baking paper on a large baking tray around 200c for about 35/45minutes until cooked and the β€˜crumbs’ are β€˜burnt’. Wonderful! Could just eat that as a meal by itself.
    πŸŽπŸŽ€πŸŽŠ Starting to think about β€˜presents’. Really must get ahead of the game soon. I think Yowzer makes me feel guilty …. as you are all wrapped up now!!
    I realise I’m cooking far too much food, probably because I’m getting home deliveries where I’m ordering too many things! So tomorrow I’m going to go through my fridges and freezers …. yes plural! …..and make an inventory. I’m going to use what I have at the moment …. sounds like a big cook-in is on the horizon!
    Have a great Thursday…. the weekend I’d just over the horizon!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNYB enjoy eating with friends. Nothing nicer than sharing food and chat round the table is there!
    VERANO dont feel guilty,while Ive been wrapping,youve been much more gainfully employed with yr lovely recipes making tasty nourishing meals! I follow the FOP school of cooking..Freezer!Oven! Plate!…leads to boring unadventurous meals. I should try harder.
    Some things that have happened in my life recently……
    *~ This isnt a positive,just what DD told me..my poor DD went to put her boots on and found a pretty little field mouse inside one,placed there by her cat. Cat enraged when the mouse was taken to the rugby field and set free to return to his family. ( that bit is positiveπŸ‘πŸ»Not all of his’ trophies β€˜ survive)..hence my nickname for him β€œMurder Mittens…β€œπŸ…πŸ˜Ό
    *~ Received a book in the post,passed on from my old schoolfriend,lives in Shrewsbury now. It was a nice unexpected surprise…From one of my favourite authors but not one ive yet read. Very happy as I now have a little pile of four books to delve into thru November
    *~ Will see my DD tomorrow! She lives just a few yards away from me,but since β€œ all this” havent seen her or SIL nearly as much as we wd like.
    Looking forward to seeing her at the hairdressers..Shes having colour put on her hair and while it takes,I β€˜ll arrive for a wash and blow dry,then I β€˜ll leave while she has cut and blow..at opposite ends of the salon but will be able to chat and enjoy a catch up together and with our lovely hairdresser πŸ₯³
    Keep warm folks! Keep safe! πŸ’πŸ’–xx
    ~ β€œ All things are our relatives; what we do to everything we do to ourselves. All is really One ~
    ( Black Elk )❀️

ΒΈΒΈ 🐝*β€’.¸🌼¸¸.β€’*Β¨πŸ¦‹Β¨*β€’.ΒΈΒΈπŸ’žΒΈ.β€’*β€’ΒΈπŸŒΏ.β€’*¨¸ 🐝*β€’.¸🌼¸¸.β€’*¨¸.β€’*Β¨πŸ¦‹Β¨*β€’. *β€’.ΒΈΒΈπŸ’žΒΈ.β€’*β€’ΒΈπŸŒΏ.β€’*¨¸ 🐝* ¸🌼¸¸.β€’*Β¨πŸ¦‹Β¨*β€’.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Verano, I know exactly what you mean about ordering on line groceries- I have far too much of everything at the moment and am trying to eat up the freezers and just buy fresh veg and dairy.
    I love the thought of your cauliflower curry and will try it over the weekend.
    Another mission accomplished this morning, as we defrosted one of the freezers which was groaning under the weight of ice!
    It’s pouring with rain here so it looks like another afternoon catching up with iPlayer – we never used to watch tv in the daytime but at present gives us a bit of escapism.
    X B

• posted by Busybee
    on

I realise my post regarding freezers was contradictory, saying full to the rafters and then that we defrosted one.
    Very complicated but took all the meat out and replaced it With bread, veg and soft fruit from the other freezer, hoping that the meat will stay frozen for a couple of hours!
    Is this all too much information!!?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO and BUSYBEE…me too re ordering too much on grocery deliveries..too easy to just keep clicking!
    *~ And thats my first pozz…how fortunate are we to be able to do that
    *~ A small but important pozz..nobody really likes wearing a mask,but wearing a-newly washed and fresh smelling mask is pleasant. Ditto all the other sweet smelling items that came out of the machine this morning. Plus remembering how mums and nans used to scrub and rinse and rinse..had a twin tub if lucky..then put everything thru the wringer,which in our case,lived in what was called the wash house,a shed in the back yard.
    *~ Driver had nice cheery Bob Marley songs playing on the bus this morning
    *~ one more pozz..well done Sainsburys for banning the sale of fireworks because of how distressing they are to animals. Hope others follow suit. In fact,ban them altogether apart from organised displays of colourful fireworks that dont bang.
    Obvs,no organised displays this year tho xx
    πŸ’œ πŸ’• This day will never come again. Make it Count. Be kind. Be Love πŸ’˜ πŸ’œ

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello Yowzer, Busybee and any other readers.
    I sometimes wonder if my freezer has some sort of reproduction mechanism …. every time I take a look it seems to have filled itself up again and I really am trying to get it empty!
    Really struggling today to find some positives but I will try ……
    πŸ‹πŸ½πŸš΅πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆπŸ»β€β™‚οΈCousin has gone to rehab so hopefully the physios will have him back on his feet soon.
    πŸ’…πŸ’… I’ve finally found a β€˜treatment’ for my nails. My nails are ridged and split and are really a mess. I’ve got a lip salve that I used by accident initially on my nails and WOW my nails are really hydrated now. They will never look like these nails but they at least look loved and cared for!
    πŸ–₯πŸ–₯ Found Married at First Sight Australia series 4 on catchup ….. that’s me hooked again!
    🍽πŸ₯¦πŸŸ So for tonight …. sea bass with lemongrass sauce, mashed cauliflower and green beans. Really am delighted to have my meals planned just once a week now. Don’t know why I didn’t do it years ago.
    5pm and it’s dark ….. roll on the spring!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO Is series 4 the one with the blonde aussie twins? Ive seen that one and hoping you’ll say its not,as I wd love another series to get into! Far more in depth than the MAFS Uk series. If it IS the one with the blonde twins,you’ll enjoy it! X

• posted by Verano
    on

!!!!!!! YES it’s the one with the twins …..sorry xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

You’ll deffo enjoy it V! XX πŸ’œπŸ’œ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Snap V, I too had sea bass for dinner this evening … delish!!! For weak and cracking nails, I found that Lime Curticle Butter by Bert’s Bees is excellent! (Actually can’t swear that is the exact name, but think it’s a combination of those words not necessarily in that order!)

Positives for today only going to report one …
    🏑 Hunt is over, decision made …. this afternoon we committed to buying a plot of land here in Turkey, with a view to building a villa on it. All rather scary, but we figure if it doesn’t pan out, we can sell the land on and not lose on the deal …. fingers crossed!

Whatever has happened for you today, hope there were positives and that you will find time to tell us about at least one of them.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny …. thanks for the tip and well done for making a bold decision. Enjoy the process!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wowzer Yowzer SUNNYB! Good luck with those plans! How exciting!!!!
    Fingernails..I have ridges in mine…really annoys me..grr…horizontal ridges,not in every nail but still annoying ..whats the lip salve you used please V?
    Good things about today…( drum roll ….)
    *~ Had my pneumonia jab,DD had flu jab. Sorted for winter I hope!
    *~ Got two numbers on wednesday lottery,gets me a free lucky dip for Satday…I MAY be a millionairess tomorrowWooHoooooo! Wd live to buy a big house with land and have an animal sanctuary,lots of donkeys,dogs,cats,goats,foxes..any animal or bird or critter that needs a home
    *~ Just watched a b n w film on Tv Talking Pictures,made me cry! But enjoyed it anyway xx
    Today,the perfect day to be happy!Keep smiling folks xx 😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Cheers Yowzer, might try this tonight.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNSHINEGIRL me too!X 🍷πŸ₯‚πŸΉπŸΊπŸΈ drink responsibly,dont spill any πŸ₯³X

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny … hope you are all safe and well and away from the earthquake x

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Yowzer yes I saw that John Bishop video a while ago but it still makes me smile every time I see it. Well if we can’t laugh now goodness know when we ever will.
    My nail ridges are vertical. I always thought that horizontal ridges usually occur at times of illness or stress but could be wrong. Anyway, I was using good old Vaseline but it was a bit messy. The lip salve I’m using is Claudalie, many other brands are available! I think any lip salve without menthol will probably be fine. I only use this one because I bought it for my lips but it’s a bit too perfumed for my taste.

So to my positives and I have to say this is getting more and more difficult…..

πŸ’»πŸ’» Emailed some estimates to the insurance company for redecorating our water damaged ceilings. The fight is just beginning!!
    β­οΈπŸ‘πŸ— A third of the roof tiles we need have been delivered to our roofing company with the balance due in around 3 weeks ….. fingers crossed🀞🀞Didn’t really want the roof replaced in the winter but every time it rains we are petrified …. so the sooner the better!
    🍽πŸ₯¦πŸ“ And so to dinner tonight! Well I really don’t feel like cooking, actually I’m absolutely sick of cooking but …. we have to eat … no cauliflower emoji so I use broccoli but we are having roast chicken, roast cauliflower with added rosemary and thyme, never done that before, and peas! Should be enough leftovers for tomorrow …. a day away from the hob and oven!
    The weekend is upon us again and we need to try and make the best of where we are at . Here in tier 3 it feels almost like a national lockdown except we could go to a restaurant, albeit without friends, if we wanted to. That makes it feel less restrictive …. even if we don’t go out!
    As Sunny always says please try and find even just one positive and post here …. it really does make you feel better when your low!
    Have a good weekend!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just heard about it,I second Vs words,let us know youre ok SUNNY xxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps VERANO,i meant vertical ridges hehe! Silly me. thanks for the tip
    I was only thinking about yr roof yesterday,hope that gets sorted asap X
    Yes weekend is here and is it the start of β€˜ bonfire night’ coz the fireworks are going off like mad here…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

One BIG positive for today ….. we weren’t at the Turkish earthquake epicentre. We did however experience quite energetic shaking of our apartment block for half a minute or so, which was quite freaky! Was the strongest tremor we have experienced and I’d be more than happy to leave it that way.

Sadly there were fatalities in Izmir, with many buildings collapsed and some flooding a little further along the coast, from a tsunami type wave, although I don’t think that caused any lose of life.

We are continuing to experience very minor aftershocks, but hopefully it will settle in the next few hours. Meanwhile, I’m very grateful we are safe. Thanks for the concern though, much appreciated.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Another positive for today…Youre safe SUNNY. My prayers go out for those affected. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ XX

Please log in or register to post a reply.