Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Well what a gloomy day here in the Uk? Horrible weather and into lockdown again on Monday – however, some positives to report- Sunny is safe and I made Verona’s curried cauliflower last night, which was delicious. That’s all for today I’m afraid!
    Let’s keep smiling and keep posting.
    X B

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys, just thought I would wave to everyone to say I was still here.

Little to share really, just keeping on, keeping on. Enjoying a little to much this period of enforced not doing the work I don’t like but which puts money in the bank – running the holiday let as a holiday let.

I had a positive thought I should share. I have been having problems with the planning department about getting planning permission to extend one of the barns. – Not due to them opposing the work, just going round and round in circles with them not supplying the right forms, repeatedly sending a version of the file which is locked to prevent it being edited but only accepting an application if accompanied by an edited electronic copy of the file. So I looked again at the existing barns and if I could come up with a different solution.

I have got it, I have to stack the hay in a particular way because I am not strong enough to throw the bales high onto a stack. – But that means they take up more space. – Now if I were to just focus on weight training so that I could pick up a heavier weight and throw it accurately to a higher level, I would free up space int he hay barn and would not need an extra building. – Gym membership would be cheaper than building a new barn.

I had a friend cracking up with laughter as we discussed how the tax man might respond to my claiming gym membership as a business expence as it was cheaper than extending the barn.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy Happy And Positive Halloweeners,witchy greetings!🧙🏻‍♀️
    My thoughts for today..
    *~ Lovely crisp fresh sunny afternoon after a very stormy windy wet night and morning! wont last long,but while its here…Makes me feel glad to be alive!
    Thats about it for today,nothing else to report but you know what they say..
    No news is good news!
    Hi to GWEN and BBEE and leaving hugs here for everyone XXXXX💘💘💘💘(((((((((((((((💜)))))))))))))))))))))

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BUSYBEE Im trying to send some sunny rays and some nice fresh breezes over to yr side of the Mersey! X🙂🙃 hope it works! X
    JGWEN dont you just despise red tape and bureaucracy! Love your innovative and positve solution! Thats thinking outside the box 🥰 X

• posted by caronl
    on

Sunny. You have the positive news to beat even a pandemic. So glad you are ok.
    Positives here? I am sitting in the dry while it pours with rain. A good woody chilli for dinner to warm up my son who will arrive home drenched. And I am singing with friends tomorrow – some 16th century anthems. Small pleasures, but they add up to a good feeling about the day.

Thanks to all – particularly Yowzer – for keeping this thread going. I am enjoying all the tales of the Wirral – half my family is from there originally….. Take care one and all. xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi…..
    Sunny so pleased you are all safe.
    Busybee glad you enjoyed the cauliflower. Tonight I have some roasted cauliflower that we didn’t eat last night that I’m planning on adding to a stir fry …. really not sure but will report tomorrow!
    JGwen …. red tape … who needs it? Think your gym idea is great but maybe a hoist could be the answer??? Sorry that might be a dumb suggestion!
    Caron …. singing …. great …. it’s banned here!!!
    So sat here waiting to hear the inevitable news but I won’t let that deter me …..
    😀☎️ Lovely long chat with DD today. Oh how I miss seeing them all …. looks like it could be a while yet!
    😀☎️Lovely long chat with cousin in rehab after Covid. So good to hear him in good spirits.
    🖥🖥 Glued to series 4 of Married at First Sight Australia …..WOW … it truly is explosive but great mindless, fun tv.
    🍽🌶🐓🥦🧄Stir fry tonight …. might be good … might not!
    Have a good evening, enjoy the witches and the gouls …. see you on the other side tomorrow!

• posted by Verano
    on

P.S. forgot the most important positive of the day …. OH brought home a beautiful white orchid…. marvellous!!!!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Thank you for your sunny rays and good wishes.
    The Wirral is a lovely place to live and we take advantage of all the different coastlines on the peninsula.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BUSY BEE I love it “ over the water” …💖💖💖💖💖 I miss our trips to West Kirby,New Brighton,Caldy etc etc..we have stayed close to home since March..our last visit was early March for lunch in Sweet Pea,West Kirby xx
    CARONL how interesting that you have family from there! Love the idea of yr 16c anthems! Enjoy! I often sing lovely old songs we learnt at school..not going quite as far back as 16 c tho.
    VERANO Thats lovely,your OH bringing home an orchid! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps! VERANO!waiting for Boris,me too! STILL waiting! Im expecting him to emerge in a cloud of dry ice,sporting a cloak and plastic fangs!😀😀X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Page 86 on the Positives Thread … only 4 more to 90!!! Just think how many positives we have all posted ….. and continue to post here.

Mine for today are ……
    🙏 Thankfully no further tremors from the quake yesterday and rescuers are still pulling survivors from the wreckage in Izmir.
    🥿 Bought a new pair of loafer style shoes today, pretty pale green leather.
    🌅 Lovely evening with friends, reminiscing and laughing together.
    Whatever positives you have been blessed with today, no matter how small, please do share them with us.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    Sorry but finding it impossible to find anything at all to be positive about at this point in time. I’m even starting to think that our holiday next July won’t happen!
    So for tonight the best I can do is wish you all a happy evening, a good sleep and a bright and revitalised awakening in the morning!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks!VERANO I know what you mean,its such a gloomy wet day,isnt it!x
    Ive scraped some pozz’s together…
    Positives
    *~ Its November,my favourite month! DDs birthday this month and mine!
    *~ DD and SIL having Zoom dinner with pal turning 40 this week,same as DD
    *~ Got my mojo back. Very low carb day which for me means no indigestion,no heartburn! And the bloating starts to go,while my Carb Monster stamps her feet in rage! Having fish for dinner,Im not a fish fan like my chum VERANO,but looking forward to some baked cod and steamed greens
    *~ Went for a short walk and saw my little grandson…DDs cat,nearest I have to a grandchild! …He was out surveying his territory and looking splendid. I miss him,used to see him on a daily basis,and we wd have cuddles and chats when his mum n dad were at work. He ran to me to say hello. Glad he hasnt forgotten me.x
    Another week about to begin! Hope it brings some good things to all us BSDers xx!
    New Month,New Day,New Date,New Chapter,New Page,New Wishes,November!
    😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

• posted by Verano
    on

Thank you Yowzer….. YES …. New month, new day, almost new week but definitely a ‘new’ start if we want one ! Let’s move forward positively!

• posted by Busybee
    on

And so say all of us!
    Let’s make November matter and keep on keeping on.
    X B

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,I haven’t posted positives for a while so here goes:
    – I have managed to eat what I had planned to eat without craving anything else today for first time in ages!
    – Have finally got round to defrosting the freezer,took much longer than normal as it had been left for far too long but it’s done🙂
    – DH and b-i-l managed to fix my mum’s loo which she’s had problems with all week so no need to call a plumber!
    – DD and I are going to do a bit of Christmas shopping tomorrow as she’s not back at school until Tuesday🎄
    – Tesco click and collect booked for 1st thing tomorrow,lots of healthy stuff😀
    – We were supposed to be going round to friends next Saturday night to sit in garden (they have a big log burner so we can stay warm and socially distanced) but because lockdown starts on Thursday we are now going on Tuesday.Haven’t seen them for a while so will be nice to catch up.
    This is such a difficult time,I’m sending everyone big hugs❤️
    Dawn

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy friends! Happy Monday !
    *~ Lovely crisp sunny day today!hurrah! Had a nice walk,fed the birds,chatted to neighbours and our posty.
    *~ Home now,trotters up. Really enjoying a book that a friend kindly posted to me
    *~ Just celebrating another day of life,glad to be here having a good time,despite imminent lockdown Xx
    Hope all good in your Hood XX!
    🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳😘🥳

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi all
    I have three positives today!
    I managed to reign back from binging following my fizzogate on Saturday, and am ready to tackle the next few pounds.
    We went for a lovely walk down the lane locally – the birds were singing as if it was spring and the sunshine was warm!
    X B

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Apologies for being AWOL…. week off last week and minimised screen time – theres one positive as i didnt look at work emails once!!

Sorry folks are struggling…. I shall try to brighten the world a little bit with some positives, though big hugs to those having a rough time, its been a really tough year and the end does not feel like its in sight…….my tactic is a bit like when i run – i dont look up and look for the end, i keep my eyes down, focus on the next few steps, know i’ll keep going and that I WILL reach the goal, I look up occasionally for a wee safety check, then focus right back on where I am right now…… 2020 – i will focus on just now, this morning and today….. the weeks will pass and the world will right itself…… eventually. And “when” doesnt really matter (well it does but…) as long as we make the most of today, keep stepping forward and believe that it will come!

Positives……..
    – I got some new leggings for running – from Lucy Locket Loves – look them up, they are amazing, they make me smile every time i think of them. go wild, treat yourself to some happy legs. (Disclaimer – I have no affiliation to them – other brands of crazy legs available). – hope im not breaking a rule!
    – this means i have done some running – new 3km PB the past 2 runs. I have a November goal to do 3k in less than 15 minutes, current best is 15mins 13sec but those 13 seconds will be hard to loose! I’m deliberately only doing 3k as i can do 5 but the thought puts me off going, 3 k I can face more often. And i have to walk 3 home after i run it so figure thats ok.
    – My homebred horse who has been in horsey rehab for 5 weeks due to a back issue, is doing as well as we could hope. Plan is for me to go sit on him on Friday and see if he copes.
    – Little healthy horse has been to a couple of dressage competitions and is just so awesome that he makes me smile! He is a big part of my motivation for keeping up the good eating!!
    – as the weather has turned a little bit, out cats are becoming more ‘indoors’ again, having spent most of the summer nights outside, it is nice to have a cat at my feet while i sleep again.
    – Family and friends doing ok, healthy etc if fed up. Always grateful for that.

And I am back – committed to 800 til chirstmas – though I’m taking it day at a time with a 2 week solid commitment. Oh and I have promised no alcohol all of November!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi positive peeps,hope all are well x

*~ My city will start a mass testing for coronavirus,I think from Friday. I definitely embrace this and will take part. I hope this works well and proves useful and helpful.
    *~ Got my hair cut today pre lockdown. I look like Pansy Potter the Strongmans Daughter coz I asked her to give me a good cut rather than a trim. DD had a cut last week,Beau yesterday,SIL does his own. So we are sorted head wise!
    *~ Had a coffee out today and felt we deserved to share a pre lockdown small and delicious cake! Altho Beau and I are a support bubble,we prob wont see each other, just take short solo walks for exercise….got to keep moving,as Albert Einstein said..
    “ Life is like riding a bicycle..to keep your balance you must keep moving” ! X
    🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Dropping by with some positives ….
    👨‍🚒 Rescue crews are still pulling survivors out of the rubble in Izmir, four days after the earthquake …. humans are amazingly resilient!
    ✈ Flight home has been cancelled by the airline, along with all their direct flights until 6th Dec, so we’re now booked on that one. Upside is we get a couple more weeks in Turkey.
    🧥 Bought a nice warm three quarter length jacket today for £22 and will only cost £5 to have the sleeves shortened.
    I’m sure there must be other positives, not least that all family and friends remain is good health. Please help to keep this thread going, by posting any small positive that comes your way.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY thats lovely,more time in Turkey! Every cloud etc…As long as all is ok back at home until yr return…Enjoy the extra time! And like you said,humans are amazing,the instinct to survive is strong. And bless those people still working hard to rescue them..theyre absolute angels.some wonderful people in this world XX
    Hi WINDY! I had a look at Lucy Locket,lovely leggings,so bright and fun, i might just have to purchase a pair! 👍🏻
    They will deffo brighten up some gloomy wintry days! XX

• posted by Busybee
    on

How I envy that warm sunshine Sunny, though at least the sun is shine here today although very cold.
    At least we can get out for our ‘daily exercise’ and I’m trying to motivate myself to do a bit of autumn pruning.
    It’s great news Yowzer and Verona that you are to have the mass testing in Liverpool and let’s hope that everyone will take the test and comply with the rules!
    Take care everyone.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just popping by to say goodnight to all for whom it IS night now! Good day to our friends who’ve woken to 5 th November ,and also to those who are still enjoying the morning/afternoon of the 4 th.
    Positives for Wednesday ( can it REALLY be Thursday coming up,another week just slips thru our fingers)…
    *~ Saw a sign today outside a shop
    Food and Warm Clothing Collection Point
    While I thought it was sad that we need such a sign in the 21 century,at same time I thought,what a warm and welcome sign for anyone in need
    *~ Managed a quick pre lockdown trip to the Post Office and got a parcel sent off. So thankful this year to the postal service AND to the grocery delivery guys and girls!
    *~ Lovely catch up online and have a reminisce about schooldays with my schoolpals..hard to believe its 52 years since we left. Memories of those days are so clear still,and often very funny!
    Night night sweet dreams ….And remember..
    Laugh and the world laughs with you,snore and you sleep alone! 💛💛💛💛🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃💛💛💛💛💛

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day everybody! 🙂🙃

*~ First day of lockdown. Made a pile of “ooohhh-thats -a- bit- tight!!!” tops,tried them on,determined next time I try them on on Dec 2 they’ll be looser!
    *~ Everything seems much quieter today and slower..for me,the upside of lockdown
    *~ Another upside…Saw a little vid today of DDs old school pal,now working for a homeless charity,and talking about all the help they’ve been given since March,just from the ordinary people of this city. His team,mostly volunteers,have provided 45,000 food parcels,thanks to donations from businesses and people-many struggling themselves
    To everyone in Liverpool who’s stepped up to help with this,and have thought of others, a big thank you and thunderous applause 👏🏽👏🏽
    And a hug and thought for anyone finding lockdown 2 difficult..
    ‘ no matter what youre going through,there’s light at the end of the tunnel’ ( Demi Lovato)…..
    So hang on in there 🧡❤️💛💜🧡❤️💛💜🧡❤️💛💜🧡❤️💛💜🧡❤️💛💜🧡❤️💛💜🧡❤️💛💜🧡❤️💛💜

• posted by Busybee
    on

Good morning all.
    Trying to stay positive in these strange times (although I felt very negative when I saw I had only lost two pounds after my supreme efforts over the last two weeks!)
    It’s a lovely autumn morning here and the colours in the garden are just beautiful.
    We are going for a walk by the sea this morning- apparently we can travel a short distance for exercise!
    Our children don’t live near us (thank goodness for FaceTime) but we have each other and try to keep safe and we’ll.
    Keep on keeping on.
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thought it time to post a few more positives. Special shoyr out to all those back in lockdown, especially those who are struggling with it for whatever reason. Be gentle with yourselves, try to plan one little something positive for yourself each day …. a scented bath, a brisk walk, a phone call with a friend. That way, you’ll know you have something pleasant to look forward to each day.

Okay, well let’s see what positives I can find ….
    🌅 absolutely stunning sunset last evening… nature can be so humbling.
    🌞 sun is shining and although it very breezy, it’s lovely and a great day for drying the laundry of course!
    👗 had a closet clear out and tidied draws … now I know all the clothes I keep here fit.
    Do tell us about your positives, no matter how small, we love to read about them.

Have a good weekend everyone 😚☺

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good morning,good evening or goodnight! Hello BSDers everywhere!
    *~ Well,its a beautiful morning here! Sunny,bright,crisp and colourful with all the autumnal leaves.
    *~ No plans for trips out,so focusing on the home. Washing is whizzing round in the machine. Going to get a big bucket of hot soapy water and mop the floors. Then empty the machine,hang the washing up,noticing the lovely clean smell. Then reward myself with a chat on the phone to Beau and a chapter of my book. Then some sorting out and decluttering. I do love a declutter! Somehow makes me feel slimmer.
    *~ Has anyone been watching Sky Arts on freeview channel 11? Every day at one pm there are two short stories,Tales of the Unexpected,from back in the seventies,eighties. Eat your lunch and enjoy a story!
    “ Make every morning count. Look for something good in every day.Even if some days you have to look a bit harder!”🧡💛

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi there BUSYBEE and SUNNY! we’re all typing away and posting!
    SUNNY Your message popped up as I submitted mine.
    A walk by the sea Buzzy and a beautiful sunset SUNNY..what a fab world we live in XX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*~ Nice day again today!
    *~ DDs 40th. Handed her prezzys and cards in from her path. She is very happy and looks good!She and Hubby are in the garden,she has one of those Chiminees? Chimeras? Not sure what theyre called. Grateful that the two of them are happy even tho its a very very low key milestone birthday💖
    *~ Later we’ll do a Zoom so she can show me her cards presents and flowers !
    🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Woohoooo 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 not sure what Im allowed to say,so lets just say I heard some very good and excellents news just now!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Sharing your joy Yowzer! The spreading joy is my top Positive.
    Must say I have had a few snaxidents and wines while watching endless TV over the last few days – so today I feel like I will make a new start, feeling so much lighter in mind and soon to be lighter in body!
    My other positive is a beautiful sunny day here!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MERRY MELBA! I love the word snaxident !!! 😻 xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Getting in with a few positives early this time ….
    🏖 actually got to lay out in the sun yesterday afternoon. The high wind that has been around for the last week dropped and it was around 25degrees laying out the on my sundeck.
    👖conversely, managed to get some warm trousers at the Saturday market, for the bargain price if £3 and a long loungewear ‘dress’ in a brushed fabric for £6.50.
    🍽 made an interesting dish from Nigella last evening … very tasty and pretty good on the carb front too.
    🌞 woken to another sunny day with clear blue skies.
    Whatever the weather, hope there will be positives for you to post soon. Have a lovely day everyone.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Dont often post positives as I dont like to tempt fate but yesterday I was walking through our local market – social distancing and wearing a mask – and I suddenly felt so at ease with life. No it is not perfect right now and I miss my family but I have so many things to be grateful for.
    Me and hubby are both well and safe in our rural setting. Daughter and partner still have jobs (though that might not last), plus them and all children are well. Lots of little domestic things have gone right. Nothing exciting but things like, change over of electric metre has been done, painter has taken away our shutters so that is in hand, new phone arrived a few days ago and that is finally working, hubbys tea delivery arrived (he loves Bettys tea), took our old ID cards to the Brexit office and although it appeared to be closed and we had driven 50 miles a young lady suddenly appeared at the door and took our cards from us and promised our new cards in the next month. Just lots of little things that add up to a feeling of contentment. Just waiting still for the gas man to turn up but no hurry as our tank is still half full.
    Hope others are finding small things to be thankful for in these uncertain and unsettling times. Take care everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello everyone.
    Sorry I’ve been away this week but haven’t been too well, nothing CV related, just something I live with which tends to rear its ugly head in times of stress. Last time was March 17th!
    Anyway time I found some positives. S-g good to see you have come to terms with life as it is at the moment. This brings me to my first positive……
    💡💡I think I may have had a lightbulb moment. Last March I felt quite depressed because I was ‘locked-in’, as I’m deemed to be ‘exceptionally vulnerable’ . This time, as I have no faith whatsoever left in the ‘powers to be’ I have taken my life back into my own hands. I have had the letters from council, the government, Uncle Tom cobble and all ….. and I’m going to ignore them all and decide for myself what’s the best plan for me. Liberating! Just a shame the restaurants are closed and there are no flights!
    🖥🏝🛩 To entertain myself whilst confined to bed I’ve been watching ‘ Masterchef Australia ‘ series 1. At first I was sad because we can’t travel. Then I just felt warmer and warmer seeing some of the places we visited in Sydney and even a wonderful restaurant we ate in in Rose Bay. Yes very positive. Then they moved on to Hong Kong for a week of challenges and it was so wonderful to see the vibrancy of the place and even Happy Valley race course that we visited many, many years ago. At the end I felt quite uplifted and am just so pleased to have such happy memories to look back on. But I can still look forward, and I will !
    🐓🥙 Not to break a habit….. tonight we are having salad with Thai roast chicken. I roasted a chicken last night and bored with the same old thing I rubbed a tablespoon or so of red curry paste onto the chicken, sprinkled it with fresh coriander and roasted. Well I was surprised, it was moist and really flavoursome. Hoping tonight cold it will be even nicer!
    So good to see all these positives because every positive helps to uplift others and they have certainly helped me.
    Have a good evening!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY! Oh! I do miss visiting markets and getting bargains! X ❤️
    Loved reading your Post SUNSHINE! very comforting to read your good news,confirms that life is going on,and theres lots to be glad about. X
    VERANO! Sending hugs and healing vibes,get well soon,glad youre on the mend and hope you enjoyed your dindins XX
    Just one pozzy for me today….
    *~ Yayyyy…I love November! Yesterday was DDs 40 th and she had a super time,despite having to see everybody and receive her cards,presents,flowers from the end of her drive! And tomorrow I turn 71!
    Tho really,Im just 29 for the 43 rd time!😀😀😀😀
    I like this November quote..🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂
    “In November, the earth is growing quiet. It is making its bed, a winter bed for flowers and small creatures. The bed is white and silent, and much life can hide beneath its blankets. “
    (Cynthia Rylant)

• posted by Busybee
    on

Happy birthday Yowzer and welcome back Verano, and enjoy your good weather SG.
    I haven’t been too positive over the weekend (!!!) but have woken this morning feeling ready to move on.
    Weather is dismal but I’m hoping the sun will soon shine as I always feel better with some rays on my face.
    Onwards and downwards.
    X B

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hello good people, enjoyed catching up with the positives and almost feel a gradual change of mindset in the post, making the most of things and finding contentment in these strange times. Its how I keep trying to be! Verano, i do hope you are ok, your post made me smile with the positives.

I’ve had a positive few days so thought i would share with you all:
    – rode my horse who is at rehab on Friday – he was lovely, totally relaxed which is great as his biggest symptom was tension when riding. Its the best he’s felt in 2.5 years so we seem to be making progress. I’m still pessimistic about the final outcome, but we are giving him every chance and he is doing better than i ever expected. He’ll come home in 3 weeks time and we need to just keep it going through the winter.
    – over came a very “sad” feeling when shopping in asda the other day. I was overwhelmingly sad looking at puddings for my men folks, felt like i was so deprived and i really wanted to have freedom of food choice and to eat what other people ate. It was very intense for about 5 minutes. But i picked up a pudding i wouldnt have liked anyway and set off for home. Pondering for some time about why i felt that way and what triggered it was very liberating. Its recognising that visual stimulus is massive in my world, if i dont see something i dont miss it, if i focus on the good stuff i can have i am perfectly happy. I need to remember this, change my focus when presented with marketing images of food and scroll past anything that pops up with all the cr@p of the day. I knew all this…… but it was a really reflective moment which i think has really helped! And the feeling of sadness actually passed very quickly. Just goes to show how the world of marketing and corporations influence us daily and are actually extremely powerful. Scary really. but some how accepting it has made me feel good.
    – done some good running over the weekend. Sucks at the time but makes me feel pretty awesome. Cant believe I have run fairly consistently for 9 months, never has this happened before in my life!
    – Little competition horse has been awesome. Think we have achieved the qualifications I was after, who knows if championships etc will go ahead, but if they do i am ready!
    – Really productive week at work last week. Again, sucks plodding through it but feel great having ticked so many things of my list.
    – Oh I got some sheep cuddles…..new neighbour has 6 sheep, 2 of which are super tame and friendly. We went to meet them and they were hilarious!! One of them is even called Julie!! Made my day!

Family well, if fed up, and finding the way to tick along nicely. Just got to tolerate the current way of living.

Positive whishes y’all.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy folks and thanks BBEE 🐝 for birthday wishes xx
    *~ Just a quicky! been celebrating since DDS 40 th Saturday,my bday yday,still in party mood today,got goodies to finish up! Oh well it wd be rude not to munch cake,drink gin and eat chox when theyve been bought for me,now wouldnt it!!!
    *~ Vaccine! Feeling hopeful! X👍🏻🎶🎶🎶
    *~ Back on the horse tomorrow,clippetty clop! Got several piles of clothes lined up…
    “Pending”..almost fit,wont be long now..
    “Not A Hope in Hell”.. gonna take time..
    “SmallPile”..Can still get into these without puffing and panting. XX

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Yowzer49: I hope you had a wonderful birthday 🎂

• posted by Busybee
    on

Glad you obviously enjoyed your birthdayYowzer and celebrated with cake, chocs and gin – quite right too! 🍰🍫🍭🍸
    I love the description of the various piles of clothes you have lined up and have an image of you trying them on and flinging them off in hope or despair and sometimes a little blue in the face!! 🤣😜😰
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for bday wishes HAPPYITS WORKING! How are you doing these days?
    BUSYBEE it wasnt a pretty sight,me struggling in and out of stuff!!! But now I know the awful truth and can act on it! I keep eyeing up the Not a Hope pile and thinking,lets change that!!!!!
    No positives today,except yet again,just thankful family and friends are ok,glad to have a roof over my head,food in the cupboards, money in my purse…Thank you Universe for your blessings.
    Quote for today..
    “ How do you spell Love? You dont spell it,you feel it” (Winnie the Pooh) 💜

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*~ Lovely bright crisp sunny morning!
    *~ Went for the mass covid test,…..only had to queue for ten mins or so. Was hoping for a big brawny soldier but was registered by a little lad with ginger hair. Looked like he should be in junior school never mind the Army. My little soldier spent five minutes sitting with me taking my details,then directed me down the corridor,and twenty seconds later,asked me if I had registered yet! Ermmm…yeh..just now,with you?… I must be totally forgettable and completely invisible! Hehe!😀
    *~ Test was ok,nowhere near as bad as I expected,got negative result twenty mins later.
    Hehe! 😀 On the way out,a nice big strong looking soldier waved goodbye to me 👍🏻 Love a man in uniform!😘
    Thats my news for now..hows everyones day going?x 🐝🎶🐝🎶🐝🎶🐝🎶🐝🎶🐝🎶🐝🎶🐝🎶🐝

• posted by Busybee
    on

Well done for doing your bit Yowzer – we aren’t included in the testing here over the water though I wish we were! However we are included in the ONS survey so are tested regularly.
    I’m glad they arranged for a nice big strong soldier to wave you off!!
    Hope you’re doing ok Verona , we’ve missed you.
    Take care everybody in these strange times.
    X B

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Thanks Yowzer. I‘ve just finished reading The Story of Arthur Truluv which you recommended back in early October. A delightful, light and happy read! Just what I needed 😀🌸. (Although all the cookie baking in the story had my mouth watering!)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ohhhhhh MERRY MELBA, I’m so glad you enjoyed it.!!!! X
    I was the same as you…mmmm,,all that lovely baking !
    Ive just read the sequel “ Night of Miracles” it was v good ❤️ Light hearted is what we need these days isnt it x
    BUSY🐝 thats interesting that youre part of the ONS Survey 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 my neighbour is too. Now that ive had a swab and didnt find it too difficult,I wish i had taken part in that x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*~ Proud of DD,she works part time,Mon- Fri,despite severe health probs,never takes sick leave.Yesterday her bosses took her to one side and told her she is indispensable.
    *~ Bought new bag and purse with some of my bday money……came today! Love buying bags and purses,so umpncomplicated,no “Will it fit “worries! 😀😀
    *~ I know its far too soon,but yesterday,returning from covid test,saw several houses whose windows have been decorated beautifully for Christmas. Might be very very early but very very cheery too!! XX

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening! I hadn’t realised how long it is since I last posted so here goes…..
    Not really much happening here but I’m sure I can find a few positives……

🧪🧪 Negative CV tests for self and OH …. hurrahhhhh!
    🤞🏻🛫⛱ Holiday booked for April ….. keeping everything crossed!
    🐓🥦🍽 Roast chicken, roast cauliflower and asparagus tonight ….. sooooo looking forward to that.
    Thanks to everyone still posting and sharing the positives in your lives it really helps to brighten the day. Promise to post more regularly. Have a good weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii V good to read your positives and i like it when for a change a negative can be a positive!
    *~ Had a “ good” day..have fasted,its now 6 30 pm and Im about to eat veg and scrambled eggs..
    *~ Got dressed up today,even tho going nowhere. Fed up with wearing comfy old clothes,so I put a new top on, painted my nails,sorted out make up and toiletries,did a meditation,drank lots of water,went on my rebounder. Feel much more alive for making an effort!
    *~ Without making political comments ..not sure its allowed..but two people have gone over the last seven day here and elsewhere..,plus the promise of a vaccine soon…its been a good week! 💜❤️🧡xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.