Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi BSDers! Hope youre all feeling fine and dandy!
    To use WINDYS word,I feel contented today. And also I resonate with Windys words about sadness in the supermarket,I can feel yearning looking at desserts and biscuits.. the advertising folks have always aimed at making us feel that way. When we let those feelings wash over us and then theyre gone,we get one up on the cynical scary Big Food business,which only cares about making money,not in our good health.
    My positives…
    *~ Its been a lovely wintery-sun Sunday afternoon here
    *~ I love Sky Arts! Im watching Neil Diamonds story and singing along to his great songs! πŸ’œ
    *~ Just had a late lunch,a big garlicky gingery stir fry,delicious!😊😊😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends xx
    My pozzys today..
    .*~ Having a good week so far, Im writing a To Do list every night for the next day,and its really helping me to focus and stay on track,keep moving and watch the carbs!
    *~ Have bought some Christmassy tealights…one is clementine fragrance,the other mistletoe..can’t wait to start using them!
    *~ Loving Sky Arts,lots of good documentaries for old hippies like me,stuck in a 60s/ 70s timewarp!
    Have a Terrific Tuesday or Choose- Day..Choose to be happy,Choose to be kind,Choose to smile,Choose to be YOU x 🌸

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello ….. β€˜choose-day’ what a great idea!
    Well it’s been a strange day for me but I do have some positives……

🧺🧺 Loads of ironing done this morning….. washing will be my treat for tomorrow!
    ⏰⏰Read an interesting idea this morning…… if you are sitting down set your timer for 20 minutes and each time it buzzes move for 20 seconds. Any sort of movement will do. It never fails to amaze me that when I get engrossed in a book or something I can go for hours without moving. This sounds like a positive strategy to me.
    πŸ½πŸ“πŸ₯•πŸ§… And so to dinner …. pot roast chicken thighs with vegetables and chickpeas. This is the first real β€˜winter’ dish I’ve made in a while ….. just 33 days before the days start to get longer again! Roll on the spring!
    Hope Tuesday had been good for you and that Wednesday will be even better!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi V! Well done on the ironing. Do you enjoy it or is it a chore? I dislike ironing as Im not good at it,I seem to create more creases than i iron out! πŸ˜€
    I cant stand the adverts on tv so in the course of an evening I get up and move round each time they come on. Your idea takes it a very useful step further incorporating day time activity..I can get immersed in reading or browsing online,so I’ll give that a go,and slurp some water every 20 mins too. Im getting better at drinking water,since yr previous water drinking tip,but it means I need to go to the bathroom time and time again,which gets exhausting! Does this eventually settle down into less visits!
    For dog lovers,just seen this beautiful quote…xx
    Hi V! Well done on the ironing. Do you enjoy it or is it a chore? I dislike ironing as Im not good at it,I seem to create more creases than i iron out! πŸ˜€
    I cant stand the adverts on tv so in the course of an evening I get up and move round each time they come on. Your idea takes it a very useful step further incorporating day time activity..I can get immersed in reading or browsing online,so I’ll give that a go,and slurp some water every 20 mins too. Im getting better at drinking water,since yr previous water drinking tip,but it means I need to go to the bathroom time and time again,which gets exhausting! Does this eventually settle down into less visits!
    β€œDogs are not our whole life,but they make our lives whole β€œ (Roger Caras)
    🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps I got a late birthday card today..it says..
    Theres a runner inside all of us screaming to get out,but we can usually shut her up with a biscuit! πŸ˜€

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Reading the thread has been a breath of fresh air. It’s raining here so my exercise was going shopping.

We have had to clear two rooms to get decorating, something that we have avoided for years.
    I bought curtains online and they are even better than I hoped. Heavy cotton with a muted red stripe, contrasting with blue grey wallpaper.
    The wallpaper is on the wall and soon we will finish decorating.
    We discovered damp, and resolved it with an airbrick (had we known about it before taking off the wallpaper it would have major stress!)

• posted by Busybee
    on

My positives for today are:
    A replacement blind finally fitted today having been ordered 1st June!
    Have organised for 30 day free Amazon Prime to USA so I can send gifts to our son and his family for Christmas.
    Another Christmas without seeing them as last year we couldn’t get travel insurance as we were waiting for a diagnosis for hubby. Never mind, I’m SURE 2021 will be better!!!!!!!!!!
    X B

• posted by Busybee
    on

Sorry, that didn’t sound as I meant it to – I meant things will be better next year. X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wonderful to see so many positives being shared here …. and such varied ones too. All wonderfully uplifting! Loving the birthday card message Yowser, not that we should be listening to such possibilities of course🀭.

Thought I should share a few positives too, so here goes ….
    πŸ‘©β€πŸ¦° drastically changed my hair colour yesterday and although I’m not sure about the result and keep wondering who that woman is in the mirror, OH really likes it.
    πŸ‘–my ‘gauging’ garment still fits … somewhat more snuggly admittedly, but it gives me hope I haven’t gone too far astray whilst away.
    🌞 still plenty of sunshine and blue skies here, it’s cooler, but at least it’s not grey and miserable.

Please remember to share a positive or two here when you can …. there are so many of us who appreciate it.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for all your positives folks! ❀️
    Mine for today….
    *~ So happy today,I managed to reunite a missing cat with his owner.
    The cat had been missing a month and owner was heartbroken and exhausted trying to find him.
    Lovely feeling to make someones day,and bring a pet and owner together again
    *~ Brrr it was wet and very windy when I took a walk today. The wind destroyed my umbrella and I definitely needed glove,which I hadnt brought. But I enjoyed the walk anyway x
    🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢 Its Wednesday,may you find moments that make you smile today 🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello everyone. It’s so good to see more of us finding positives even if it seems like scraping the bottom of a barrel at times.
    Sunny what colour is your hair!!!
    Ok so it’s been a miserable day here but there are always positives …..

πŸ₯•πŸ΅πŸ§… Great soup for lunch today. So pleased I spent a few days last week cooking and freezing because today was definitely a β€˜soup’ day!
    πŸ–₯πŸ–₯ Spent some time today catching up on 2019 Masterchef Australia where the sun seems to shine everyday. Roll on the summer!
    πŸ₯©πŸ₯¦ Meatloaf cooking in the oven as I write and cauliflower and sprouts steaming so dinner almost ready. Tomorrow I’m having a proper β€˜cooking’ day so looking to fill up my new little freezer with even more soup. I’m thinking about Thai style butternut squash soup, a great recipe from BBC Good Food.

So Thursday is almost upon us, just a couple of days until the weekend, which I think we should still try to celebrate as something special even more so in these unprecedented times. Have a good Thursday.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Thursday people,Im here early,been awake since 4 a.m. far too soon,but Ive enjoyed the early morning quiet with the promise of a brand new day ahead.
    β€œBe happy with what you have,while working for what you want” (Helen Keller)πŸŒΈπŸ’˜πŸŒΈπŸ’˜πŸŒΈπŸ’˜πŸŒΈ

• posted by Busybee
    on

Gosh you were up early Yowzer!
    Verano, you are so right, positives are hard to find some days but here goes.
    Last night our little Granddaughter β€˜read’ us a story via FaceTime and our lovely Grandson β€˜played’ the piano. Thank goodness for technology!
    We have started to write the Christmas cards and presents are mainly sorted.
    Made a corned beef hash last night which brought back childhood memories, though I used celeriac and turnip along with onions and the obligatory dash of HP sauce (other brands are available). A bit carbs but worth it!
    And another, I can see a bit of blue sky!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii folks,just two positives today!
    *~ Had my second β€œ mass test” ( negative) Got a dishy soldier this time!)πŸ’œ
    *~ On my way home the sky was blue and pink! So pretty.
    XXX

• posted by Busybee
    on

Glad to know you are safe and well Yowzer –
    Lucky you to get a dishy soldier!
    I noticed the lovely sunset last night and it’s beautiful here this morning too.
    Seeing the sunshine always makes me feel better. X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Its Saturday Woohoooooooo…even tho Ive been retired a long time…….
    *~ ……Saturday always feels special!
    *~ My friend took in a little stray cat that kept eating the food she put out for hedgehogs,kit was pregnant,and gave birth to five kittens. A nice young guy we know took two (Shiro and Moki,Shiro means white and he has a white mask face! Moki means wise eyes,he was first born and first to do everything) his friend took a girl,and my friend kept two,Leo and Leonie,plus of course their little Mum XX😻😻😻😻😻
    β€œ Cats leave paw prints in your heart forever and always” 😺😺😺😺😺😺

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Yowzer, must be great when that happens.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HimSUNSHINE Yes I bet that busker will be on a high for weeks! Jimmys still got an amazing voice
    Hope you re having a fab Saturday XX
    β€œ I told myself I was going to live my life like every day was SATURDAY!” ( Chip Gaines)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Know what you mean about weekends still seeming special, Yowser, I feel the same way.

Thought I’d offer up a few positives…..
    🌞 really beautiful warm sunny day today … we even had a little harbourside picnic in a neighbouring town.
    🧀 in contrast, bought lovely warm fleece lined gloves and snood for chilly rides on the back of OH’s scooter, which is our main transport whilst hereπŸ‡ΉπŸ‡·.
    🍴🍱🍳 made a start on scoping out tiles, kitchen fittings etc for new villa …. still needs consideration, but very exciting!

Hope there will be positives during your weekend and that you might find a moment to tell us about them … doesn’t matter how small, they all count☺

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii SUNNY ( waves!) ooh back of the scooter eh! I did that in my Mod days,but I was always terrified! πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ
    Hope everyone doing ok today x
    *~ ο»Ώ I’m so enjoying seeing early Christmassy things happening,all bets are off this year,the earlier Xmas is here the better IMO… important to keep hold of our traditions,with all these rules /regulations,/restrictions/impositions now in our everyday lives.
    *~ A friend I havent seen or spoken to for a while sent me some news! Shes now got three cats! She took in a little stray,soon noticed cat was pregnant,helped her give birth to five kittens…She has kept two,Leo and Leonie, and Mum,of course,and found good homes for the others.
    *~ Sunny day! Going for a walk down to the river,feed the squirrels and birds on the way! X
    An early Xmas cracker joke..
    What do donkeys send at Christmas? Muletide greetings! XπŸ˜‰πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,haven’t posted as much recently but try to read the posts every day,always uplifting.some positives for today:
    DD’s self isolation is up on Thursday when she can go back to school(hopefully)and no symptoms as of yet so keeping fingers crossed.
    She decorated her bedroom yesterday for Christmas and it looks lovelyπŸŽ„
    Lots of parcel deliveries over last few days,Christmas presents almost sorted.
    My dad is still hanging on in his care home bless him,their is no way we expected him to see Christmas but he may well do soπŸ™‚
    For the last week I have managed to stick to Fast800 100% and am really enjoying it and have lost 5 and a half pounds.
    Hope you are all having a good day.Dawn X

• posted by Busybee
    on

Well done Dawn, it just goes to show that sticking to the plan does work – in most cases!!
    My positives for today are:
    Another vaccine! At last the news programs give more good news than bad.
    We went for a lovely walk around the lanes nearby this morning – the sun was shining, the sky was blue however it was not quiet!!! The cows were mooing, the horses were baying and the birds were singing.
    X B

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Busybee,yes it’s great to see the plan workingπŸ™‚ It’s great news about another vaccine,next year is sounding much more positive,I just hope any loosening of rules over Christmas doesn’t delay the good progress.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DAWN so much good news ..thats fab! Andwhat a weight loss!I am playing a fanfare in my imaginary bugle and doing a drum roll as well! sooo happy for you 🎈❀️🎈❀️🎈❀️
    Hiya BUSYBEE your walk sounds lovely! So many gorgeous places on Wirral! X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowser,I think I can hear your bugle from hereπŸ˜€ Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Its what we call a Whoooosh Moment,when suddenly the scales decide to co operate DAWN! X
    🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Well here’s to plenty more whooshesπŸ˜€ Dawn X

• posted by Busybee
    on

And so say all of us!
    Here’s to another good day aboard the Christmas bus – the β€˜journey’ continues as they say on Strictly!!!
    O.D.A.A.T. X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day positive thinkers!
    *~ Got my first Christmas card up! πŸͺ…πŸͺ…πŸͺ…
    *~ Saw my first Christmas tree all lit up in a neighbours window!
    *~ And the lovely friend who sent it also sent two books of stamps and some home made xmas cards β€œ in case you cant get out” ..how kind is that! X
    β€˜ Kindness,it costs nothing but means everythingβ€™πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I feel a bit bad as i havent been in here much recently….. I do enjoy reading the updates and you all make me smile with the positivity. I seem to have big swings at the moment with mindset and having to work quite hard to be positive and get things done. But i have a lot to be grateful for and positive about so here we go!
    – Big annoying horse is home from rehab and the wee spell away has gone as well as it could have so I now need to keep it up with a view to reviewing in March
    – Spent yesterday late afternoon on the beach with little horse, it was so beautiful with the sun low in the sky, which i could share the photos with you but they are as good as you could be imagining!
    – saw a chum for a coffee on Tuesday, lovely catch up and i just had the coffee while she has a scone and jam! go me!
    – Forced myself out on a wee run on Tuesday too….felt good for it, need to keep making myself do active things, it is so worth it!
    – weight is (or was on Saturday) in a good place……. need to push on for goal!! SO close!

Got a tough couple weeks coming up at work so i’ll pop in here more to make sure I’m remembering to be positive!!

Julz

• posted by RubyG
    on

Morning all,
    Also struggling a bit with mindset and full-on work stress, but I cannot let this de-rail me and start eating everything in sight, as I normally would.
    I am loving the feeling of fitting into clothes I had put to one side because they didn’t fit but I still loved them – I need to hold onto this feeling when I want to eat!
    I am also trying to get my exercise up (from a low baseline of zero, so anything is better than nothing) – yoga on Tuesday, some kettlebell strength work yesterday, will aim for yoga again today to stretch out the muscles I worked yesterday.
    Try to think of at least one positive every day – today I will go with it is turning out to be a beautiful late autumn day here, foggy but bright and very crisp.

Well done on just having the coffee WindyJulz! You can do this!

• posted by Busybee
    on

My positives are:
    I have been walking more this past week as my knee problem has finally improved and we have enjoyed cold but bright weather.
    Great news that we will be able to meet up with our daughter and s.i.l. for Christmas – We have only seen them once since March so we are very excited.
    XB

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Sorry I’ve not been posting here for a while but good to see your positives.
    A bit early yet for any positives from me today but thinking about you all. Have a good weekend full of positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI RUBYG ! I agree re the lovely feeling when an item you love to wear fits once more. Like greeting an old friend after a long absence.❀️
    BUSY BEE Im pleased yr knee isnt hurting,aches and pains do spoil our chances to get in a decent walk or any exercise really. Im so happy fir you that you’ll see DD and SIL,its been a tough year x
    Lovely to see you V! x
    My positives for today
    *~ I feel like Ive got my head round β€œfood = nourishment not treats. Treats are non food related”! Last time I got into this headspace was when I went on to lose lots of weight,so Im clinging onto being in and staying in the zone!
    *~ Feeling nice and full,seem to have got the fat/ protein/ carbs ratio correct for me,as Im not hungry. Long may that last!
    *~ I must have too much time on my hands! Just written Xmas cards from our family cat to my sisters cats and to my friends dog! HEHE! I appreciate having time on my hands..soooo many people out working hard every day and longing for the Christmas break. Im so lucky!
    *~ Decembers nearly here…wwwwooooooooohoooooooooooo! 🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢
    πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️ πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️ πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ… ❄️πŸͺ… May your Friday sparkle ! πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…

• posted by Busybee
    on

Yowzer, you always cheer me up with your funny comments and emojis. It’s no wonder that you have so many friends!
    Have a great weekend one and all and keep smiling. X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks BBee ..hope all good over the water today xx

Wintery Warm Wishes to All! X ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
    *~ BRRRRR…..Yes its wintery out there,but I hope everyone is cosy and snug at home like me. I’m actually reading magazines I got last Christmas in my Christmas stocking! Ive saved them up til now,tho I dont know why,and Im snuggled down enjoying them with a cuppa.Theyre the magazines ive seen in marks but never bought..not the β€œ womens β€œ magazines,but the ones about health and spirituality.
    *~ Just received some lovely photos of Beaus grandchildren decorating their Christmas tree and wearing christmassy jumpers. I keep saying it but Christmas really is early this year and Im glad,tho most years i wd be tutting its too soon!
    *~ Nice things in the post today,some little finishing touches for DD and SILs xmas stockings.
    Quote for today..
    β€œWhat lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within usβ€πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ’œ
    ( Ralph Waldo Emerson) xx

• posted by Busybee
    on

Happy Sunday everyone.
    I have resisted putting up the tree and decorations but will start 1st December , which is very early for me.
    DD and SIL are coming up to stay with us for Christmas so I don’t have to drive down south on the very crowded and gridlocked motorways! It’s a great relief for me as Hubby isn’t able to drive anymore but now I need to set to and plan menus and food shopping.
    I must resist β€˜trying’ the goodies!!!!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Lovely news BUSYBEE! Something so special to look forward to isnt it!
    Ive got deccies out but not up,waiting til the first,early for me too,but i need a full month of festivities!
    *~ 19 th anniversary of George Harrisons death today πŸ™RIP but just by chance Im watching him on tv..appearing on an old Carl Perkins Show. Kinda sad but happy too tosee and hear him play in his own Georgetastic way
    *~ Doing well on low carb eating,without weighing food or self. Deffo losing..Im in the Zone! Go me!πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ
    *~ Looking forward to a great week ahead
    I read this today,…food for thought..
    β€œThink of your life as a garden and this blended currency of time, energy, and money is the β€œwater.” You’ve got β€œplants” (or important things in your life) that you need to keep watering, but you have a limited amount of β€œwater” to give.
    So, how do you learn to prioritize? Here are some key questions you need to ask yourself:
    What’s currently getting watered and why?
    Is it enough?
    What’s thriving, and what’s withering?
    What weeds have snuck into your garden?
    How much time, money, and/or energy does this β€œplant” need from me to stay alive? How about to thrive?”

πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸŽˆ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…πŸŽ€πŸͺ…
    Howdy folks,Happy Monday 🎢🎢🎢🎢
    *~ Hnmmm,I dont know what to think today,I got a christmas card but nothing written inside it. Its only addressed to my first name and half of my address. Its got a first class stamp on it,but it isnt franked and theres no postmark. The card itself is beautiful and came in a lovely decorated envelope,so theres the positive,plus I do like a mystery!πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ
    *~ One more sleep til December hurray hurrah!πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…❄️πŸͺ…
    *~ Im tempted to have an advent calendar,one tiny treat a day ..but probably wont,Im so in the zone at the moment! My mojo’s really working just now. Dont want to spoil it. XXX
    πŸŒΉπŸ’πŸŒΉπŸ’πŸŒΉπŸ’ β€œ God gave us memories that we might have roses in December β€œπŸŒΉπŸ’πŸŒΉπŸ’πŸŒΉπŸ’(J.M.Barrie)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

For animal lovers, a v short vid …beautiful creatures xx
    https://www.facebook.com/BBCSpringwatch/videos/300820781343681/?vh=e
    πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”

• posted by Busybee
    on

Yes it’s December 1st tomorrow and normally we just send advent calendar’s to our grandchildren, however a change is afoot!
    Our son sent us two! One is a fancy gin a day and the other a boozy chocolate a day.
    It took me precisely one second to decide that I will indulge, enjoy them and not feel guilty. However I will share them with Hubby so we will either have the chocolate or the gin.
    Surely just one won’t be that bad though I suspect many of you with stronger will power than me would disagree!
    X

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Busybee ….. just go for it! Life’s too short to be deprived of every β€˜ray of sunshine’ no matter what form they come in. Moderation!
    Just a few positives for me ……
    December tomorrow and my birthday month ….. not sure if that really is a positive!
    Feeling much brighter after a couple of low weeks.
    Looking forward to 2021 …. surely it has to be better than 2020 …. and now only 32 days to go!
    Have a positive Tuesday.
    P.S. Sunny is there any chance of you getting back to the UK? Maybe you will just have to stay on permanent holiday ……….

• posted by SunnyB
    on

In theory, we should be back in the UK on Sun 6th Dec, V, however new restrictions have just been announced here and so right now, not sure if that will impact on us getting to the airport. Case of “watch this space”.
    Loving the sound of a gin advent calendar!

Time for me to offer up some positives, on a day when we have heard two lots of sad news, so here goes ……
    β˜” after heavy rain overnight, was a surprisingly warm and dry day
    🍽🍸very pleasant evening with our neighbours, who came in for a cocktail and a bite to eat.
    πŸ“„ Grandson got an excellent interim progress report for his A levels.
    πŸŽ„ have finally made a start on sorting Christmas gifts.

What positives came your way today? We’d love to read about them, so please take a moment to share.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Verona, we are nearly twins as it’s my birthday this month too!
    It seems there is a glimmer of hope that β€˜things’ will gradually return to normal – we just have to hang on in there and do our best to keep everyone safe and well.
    I too am feeling a little brighter and ready to put up the tree and get the decorations out which definitely make me smile!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi BUSYBEE,SUNNY,VERANO and all… ( waves)
    BUSYBEE I love the sound of a gin calendar! Enjoy( hic!)πŸ˜€
    BUSYBEE and VERANO,december birthday girls. We need yr addresses so we can come round and give you the bumps! πŸ˜‰
    No positives so far today from me..just glad to wake up,glad to be alive,glad that for the moment have got no aches and pains. Glad there’s food in the cupboards and money in my purse! And yayyyyyy,glad Decembers here! Let the partying ( socially distanced)commence! πŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ›πŸŽˆπŸŽxx
    Happy Tuesday Choose- Day everyone !! X
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Make it a December to remember! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day Positive Peeps! Its nearly 11 a.m. and I have an early cheery positive …
    *~ A ring on my doorbell and DD is standing there ( far back) and a with a lovely small decorated and lit-up Christmas tree on my doormat!
    My favourite ornament on it..a fox on skis! X
    Take care everyone,stay warm and well,except SUEBLUE..keep cool Sue! X
    β˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈ

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Love all your positives, Yowser you make me smile often.
    Feel bad for not sharing my positives…..i feel they are often the same and not very interesting to anyone other than me….but lets make a point of noting them!
    – had lovely crisp sunny days, good for the horses, good for the soul.
    – been out walking in the evenings, had a bright moon and walking in moolight with shadows is keeping the walking nice.
    – hubby and i still feeling the benefits of walking, physically, mentally and emotionally….even if it is the same 5k EVERY time!
    – Family, horses, cats are well and we love them all.
    – Christmas is planned and i have lost most of the anxiety around that.
    – For the first time in my life i have done some chirstmas shopping in novemeber and feel quite pleased with myself. Got a peach of a secret santa gift for a colleague…… indecent but hilarious!
    – working from home gives me the opportunity to ride at lunchime…..great for horses adn my mental health! Though the working from home is getting harder and more tedious!

And roll on vaccines……

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

WINDY I love hearing yr news! Never think its not of interest! I dont know anyone who has horses so I love yr horsy news and news of your walks,they always sound really lovely,specially moonlit walks….positives help cheer us all up! xX
    *~ Looks like we have a massive positive today,an approved vaccine. Who knew last December that we wd be celebrating a vaccine this December!sometimes its just as well we dont know what awaits us when the bells ring out the start of another year. 2020 has been a year like no other.
    *~ What amazing scientists,achieving sthing in months that wd normally take years to develop.πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Please log in or register to post a reply.