Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Violinist
    on

V, so sorry for your news. Take care.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Oh no V, do take care of yourself. We will be waiting when you are ready to come back.

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

V sorry for your news and sending hugs. Take care and take as long out as you need. We’ll all be here for you when you come back. Thinking of you

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh V this is a difficult time for quite a few of us at the moment and I just want to send you a massive hug. You have had health challenges this year but you got through your surgery and have recovered well . Whatever the new challenges right now stay stong and positive and come back when you can .You are much loved xxx
    Wendy xxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Caronl, are you ok ? You haven’t been forgotten xxxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am going to mention a positive
    Hubby’s beloved veggie garden hasn’t shrivelled in his absence and the runner beans are holding up against all expectations.
    This morning I picked a lovely bunch of beetroot leaves which are a lush green crimson and I will have those in my salad with a tomato from the patch. These are simple pleasures but they all count xxx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wendleg. So pleased to hear that your husband is experiencing less pain. That’s a big relief to you too. Do keep looking after yourself well. I am still ploughing on and still very upset. But we shall all survive it. When does your son arrive?

• posted by wendleg
    on

Arrived home at 9pm.I have had a few prawns with wilted kale and beet tops.I did enjoy that. Also yoghurt with berries and chia seeds.Still doing OMAD as I am at the hospital all day
    Positive is that my eldest son is on his way back to France as I write this and he will arrive late Monday !! So excited to see him !!!
    Thinking of you caronl xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

My dear Caron, I seem to be unable to find your post regarding what has been an upset to your day to day life.
    My arms are wide open in a BSD hug, and I hope you don’t mind repeating it for me? We walk in step with each
    other here, and find strength in each other. I’m thinking of you 🙂 xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Speaking of strength, dear Wendy has been a portrait of the same this week. A great deal of medical information to
    absorb, Cutie, and you are doing a spectacular job absorbing it all. Help is on the way though, so just stay strong
    until then. I’m happy to hear that you plucked something green from the garden, and included some protein with it
    for sustenance this evening. We can “nag” too, but we only do it with love, as you always do. Hoping for incremental
    improvement for O/H tomorrow, too 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I enjoyed reading JGwen on how her physical program is progressing. I have been taking a pilates class which is remarkably tiring, the sweat pouring down my face, but the positive is that I can feel the greater flexibility and core strength. I am far better at balance exercises, though a lot of room for improvement still.

I rearranged the furniture in the living room and now the stereo speakers are in a better position, it sounds good. Listening to Marvin Gaye what’s going on; Norah Jones; a Vivaldi opera.

I am doing well in maintenance so far, no meals with empty calories. The biggest difference between the 800 and now is that I have more colourful vegetables and dessert. I love cheesecake, and found a sourcream baked cheesecake which I made without sugar. Suits me, but OH didn’t like the lack of sugar.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi guys I am here to post some positives❤️

1 since my whoosh I have lost another lb and I still don’t know how I managed a whoosh, but hey I will take it! I love that I have lost since and not gained.

2 I have been out buying a few new bits for my wardrobe and actually bought a lovely little white t-shirt with little pics of ladies in their swimwear in pastel colours, very cute! I say it is little because it is a size 16 and in all the years I have been in a diet and lost weight I have never been below an 18 on my top half!❤️❤️🥰🥰. Something else to love about this woe!

3. This is really to say how pleased I am that Wendy’s husband is a lot more comfortable and able to get some much needed rest at last, which in turn helps our amazing Wendy relax a little more. Phew❤️❤️🥰🥰.

V my thoughts are with you and I am sending love and hugs.

Take care everyone and I will see you tomorrow. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi just wanted to thank everyone and ask …… Where are you all??????
    I’m always inspired by all the positives posted here but looks like I need to find a few of my own. So, despite everything, here we go ……
    1. Making fresh tuna steaks tonight. I can’t always find it fresh and it’s marinating as we speak.
    2. The weather has taken a turn for the worse but I’m quite enjoying the rain for a change. Sorry for anyone who has lost power or is flooded out…. it will soon be over.
    I’ve not looked at the other threads but thinking of you all. Hope all is well.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi V – glad to hear from you. I’m at work and making fake cocktails for the shoot so I’m on the go all weekend! My positive is they haven’t fired me yet. 😁😆

• posted by Birdy76
    on

V lovely to see you posting here and I hope all is as well as can be❤️❤️

I have some positives today!

1 got into the two dresses that I have been trying to get into for three years🤗

2. I have done my last night shift for two weeks!

3. I am off to the south of France on Tuesday and I can’t wait! Fingers crossed that the weather is kind to us.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all and happy Sunday:
    1) all the family together for a few days. Lovely. Hoping for some sunshine to have a couple of evenings at the beach.
    2) Puppy is very nearly house-trained. Hoera!
    3) Sky is turning blue – ready for a nice walk in the woods.

• posted by Verano
    on

Kafin that sounds really exciting … although I guess in reality it’s very hard work!
    Birdy what great progress! Sometimes we get so hung up on the numbers on the scales we forget the ‘real’ achievements. Enjoy your holiday.
    Caron glad you can find some positives in an unhappy time, they are probably the sweetest!
    Hope the ‘sun shone’ today for everyone.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, everyone! Sunny, we miss you!

We all know where to find you, V., when you don’t have much free time to post. Even if we are looking at cloudy skies,
    the sun is always out on this thread! I hope you are coping with whatever bad news has come into your life. Fresh
    tuna steaks are one of my favorites, and I’m curious about how you prepare your marinade. Sending you hope
    and a hug, my friend! 🙂

Caron, the beach is my most favorite place on this earth. We need to grab these moments, and let them wash
    over us. They are fortifying. Wishing you beautiful sunsets!

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am reposting this message which I couldn’t send yesterday as access was denied for some reason ??

Hi everyone

It’s been busy at home as friends have wanted to visit to see hubby now he is out of hospital . That is a major positive ,he is home and recovering although it will take time for all the fractures to mend. I am making sure he is getting good, nourishing food.
    Another very big positive :
    My son is here and my sister arrives tomorrow, lovely !
    Sis loves dress making and I have some dresses she is going to alter for me!
    It’s less hot here at the moment so more bearable .I intend to enjoy the rest of August. !
    The forum is quiet but maybe many people are away at the moment ? I hope you are having a lovely summer break !
    Hi Birdy ! You will soon be in France !
    Hi V ! We have been thinking of you
    Hi caronl ! Family time is indeed special time .Thinking of you too xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So good to see that the Positives thread is still alive and kicking. Apologies for another absence, but the last of the grandchildren departed this morning and things can return to normal again, so I will be around a bit more again.

Wendy – so pleased that your hubby is out of hospital and that you have family around to help share the load. I’m sure your hubby will recover more rapidly for being at home and enjoying family.

To all of those still working through difficult times, hope you are managing to find your way through.

My positives are as follows ….
    1) Lovely busy week with the grandchildren. Camping had to be abandoned in high winds early on Friday evening, but the guys pulled together and helped us break camp and we spent the rest of the w/e together at our house.
    2) Time in the garden this morning, transplanting some plants from containers into the main garden and deadheading. Very pleased to see some of the roses forming new buds, so hoping for a bit of a show in a week or two.
    3) OH not working today so getting some additional time together, which is most unusual during the week.
    4) Have a sore arm from travel vaccinations yesterday, but that’s one step closer to our upcoming trip to India.

Hope everyone is able to find a positive or two today and that some of you will be sharing them with you too.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, all! Glad to see you back, Sunny! Since I don’t have children, I tend to forget that this month is school holidays
    for children and grandchildren. I’m sorry that your camping trip was suspended early, but your grandies have your
    beautiful garden to explore 🙂

I’m truly walking in the gratitude lane today, for Kazz has reminded me that it is our forum anniversary date,
    as we both joined the forums exactly 2 years ago today! We both started at different places on the journey, but
    we’ve both made so many extraordinary friends here, and that is worthy of celebration 🙂 This is our clubhouse,
    and I walk on sunshine with each of you every day. Thank you all so much!!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Happy anniversary Allie and Kazz!!
    My positives are for my foster kid…
    1. Managed to get her a free laptop – working on stylus now (she lost all her fingers in a fire) but she was thrilled
    2. We spent an hour together and she opened up a lot, which hopefully means she is learning to trust me.
    3. She has refused all offers of makeup and makeup lessons to help deal with a face that no longer resembles anything like what she looked like before and is covered in skin grafts and scar tissue. She has chosen to have the courage to accept that this is what she looks like now and does not want to pretend or try and hide what happened from other people. At 17 when most girls are fixated on their appearance, this is real courage and bravery and makes me feel humble. A reminder to me to stop worrying about the tiny imperfections that are in essence, me.

• posted by caronl
    on

Happy anniversary Allie and Kazz, and thank you so much for all you contribute here. Allie, I thought you had been here a lot longer, since I joined two years ago in late October I think, and you were already a leading light. But of course you had already accomplished great things, and I was only on the start of the journey!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Kafin, you are an angel for what you are doing.Wow, just wow.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Allie, Kazz, happy webpageaversary and thank you for staying and giving us all your wisdom

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Oh Violinist, thank you – I’m really not but what a lovely comment 💕 I’m just so happy she’s finally responding to me. As I just said to Allie, I only have experience with young kids and elderly cats – no children of my own so I’m guessing with a teenage girl!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning! Thank you all for the anniversary wishes! It really is the most extraordinary time in my life, finding BSD and Allie the same day my mum finally got back behind the wheel of her car after an 18 month recovery period from a stroke. That Sunday in 2016, after she drove herself home from mine, I thought right, now time to focus a bit on my own health and that afternoon I posted on here for the first time. I remember feeling despair at my own weight and dreadful IBS symptoms. Allie responded to my heart felt post, and the rest is history! 😁.
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Verano
    on

Just a very quick note. Happy ‘anniversary’ Kazz and Allie!
    Allie the marinade I used was oil, lime juice, garlic, ginger and a little fish sauce but soy would work just as well, and added some shredded coriander to the tuna towards the end of cooking.
    I’m away for a couple of weeks now so probably won’t be posting. Good wishes to everyone and let’s hope the sun keeps shining on the the positives threads. Even if the skies are grey, the sky above always remains blue!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Take care, Verano xx
    My positives
    1. Had to get up at 5am for work and our apartment building doesn’t turn the hot water on until later so I had a cold shower and I’m very tired. Yes, it’s not very positive but I wanted to tell someone 😁
    2 Filming today at Sowden House – a Frank Lloyd Wright house in LA which looks amazing. Wish I could share some pics but if anyone is interested, here’s the website https://sowdenhouse.com/
    3. I had to pick up a ton of flowers as part of the first scene so my car smells amazing

Have a good day everyone x

• posted by Violinist
    on

Kafin, you are getting your teen right. God bless.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you all for your generous comments and well wishes! They mean a lot to me. On days when I’m pressed for
    free time, I prioritize this thread, because it always leaves me smiling 🙂

V., thank you for sharing your tuna marinade. I tend to go with Asian inspired dishes when I have gorgeous fresh
    tuna steaks in front of me, too. I’m going to try your version for a change of pace. 🙂 I usually use soy sauce,
    fresh ginger, garlic, scallions, rice vinegar and wine, and sesame oil. Stay well. V. Thinking of you!

Kafin, your work is inspiring….I don’t think you need to have teens of your own to relate to them..You’ve simply
    accessed your inner child…We’ve all got one! Bless!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Allie and Kazz, just wanted to add my best wishes for your anniversary celebrations.

I had a delightful group in the holiday let recently who shared one of their meals with me, I hadn’t had Sri Lankan food before, so it was in interesting experience, with a variation on rice flour cooked with coconut and a tiny portion of spicy curry.

I discovered a wonderful spot to sit the other evening. – It was late before I got the chance to walk the dogs so I ended up sitting on a the roots of an old oak tree leaning against its trunk and enjoying the clear star lit night sky while the dogs played chase around the field and finally flopped either side of me for a break before heading home.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just one very quick positive. Tonight I was presented with prawns cooked in batter and deep fried. I ate one mindlessly! It was awful! Greasy! Stodgy! Tasteless!
    Now I know for sure why we eat this ‘clean’ BSD way!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Belated wishes to Allie and Kazz for their forum anniv. Both offer so much to the community here and are an inspiration to all – I know everyone appreciate their contributions and support, me included.

Tried posting positives yesterday, but there was some kind of system glitch and it disappeared. Had to contact the Tech team and they said it would take an hour or so to sort out, by which time I needed to be doing something else.

Anyway, here are a few positives from me …..
    1) Weather held out long enough yesterday, for us to get the tent up, cleaned and repacked. All now stowed away in the loft, ready for the camping trip next year.
    2) Grandson seems to have found motivation and has been applying to apprenticeships, securing a couple of interviews next week.
    3) Made arrangements for my folks to come for a visit in a couple of weeks time.
    4) Looking forward to a relaxed evening with OH to kick the w/e off – have planned a meal – escargot, followed by steak with a diane sauce and green veggies and finishing with an avocado and chocolate mousse.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning all and lovely to read all of your positives 😍😍. Mine are

1. I am on holiday in the south of France and enjoying the sunshine and lovely cheese

2. I haven’t put any thing back on! Finding it ok to be mindful of what goes in my gob😂

3. Relaxing with my OH on our holiday that we have waited for for a whole year😂❤️😘

Hope you are all well and I am sending you all love and luck. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone.
    I need to keep up with this uplifting thread. Positives..
    Hubby is recovering…slowly does it though
    I am enjoying our abundant Mediterranean veg. We have a farm up the road where we get extra supplies if our veg is not ready.
    Sis does not need entertaining and is a great help.
    She has altered some of my loose fitting dresses which now look much better.
    Guests are keeping me busy but they are no trouble.
    Tomorrow we are going out early to a lovely vide grenier in.a pretty village. Hubby can’t drive. He will sit on the square and drink coffee and resist the croissants 😘😉
    I have overcome the stress of hubby’s accident. Insurance paperwork is a chore but has to be done.
    My son is here too and to know he is well is a major positive. Also ..he and his lovely partner have given up smoking ! Love that !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wendy, I’m so pleased that life is being kinder to you and you are enjoying time with family. So good that hubby is on the mend and I know you will be keeping an eagle eye on him, to make sure he doesn’t rush things. Enjoy the rest of your family time.

Some positives from me ……
    1) Trip out to buy plants this morning, had a lovely time browsing around for options. Resisted buying more roses, but might well go back for those later in the week!
    2) Planted up two new troughs with fuchsias and pinks, to finish off the newly established water feature area in our garden and added a few new plants to some existing planters. Really enjoyed the time outside, which inclement weather has prevented over the last week.
    3) Planning to give the egg fast a whirl from tomorrow, as I’ve been struggling to make headway with the few pounds I need to dispense with and I think this could be the kick start I need.
    Hope everyone has been having a great BSD weekend, chock full of positives.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Sunny,
    So pleased to see you’re giving the egg fast a whirl! Let me know if you want recipes and don’t be discouraged. It takes most people three days before they see results and for me the second time around, I actually saw more results afterwards. My theory is it kicked me higher into ketosis. It seems to be very different for everyone. Best of luck!
    My positive for today is that I have an unexpected day off work as they are shooting driving scenes with a full driving rig and that does not come under “Props” so I’m not needed! My legs are aching from standing for 15 hours yesterday so today I’m lying on the couch!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks Kafin, thought I’d try three or four days, just to see how it goes. I’ll take a look at what others have posted on the Egg Fast thread and shout if I have questions or need help. Planning to keep things simple and go with scrambled eggs and omelettes in the main. Will post on the Egg thread how I get on.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning!
    Good to see the positives still coming! Thanks for your good wishes, Sunny! Good luck with the egg fast, I shall be interested to see how you get on.
    My positives….
    1 – one more week then on holiday next week, so more de-cluttering and tip runs as I tackle the downstairs!
    2 – had a nice catch up with my youngest cousin, Catherine, who I don’t see very often, yesterday and there were 6 of us able to sit in the beer garden with only one rain shower which we ignored by scooting under the parasol! I had black coffee and a soda water!
    3 – prepped food for the week ahead and feeling organised and in control!
    Have a good day, y’all! 🙂
    Kazzeex

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kafin, I would appreciate any recipes that you feel it would be worth adding to the egg fast thread. – I am planning to try it myself once the school holidays are over.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi JGwen – yes, I will add them to the thread now!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

First day on the egg fast was okay, Kazz, although I struggled to get through the prescribed fat, so will have to try to do better with that tomorrow.

Anyway, positives for today are ….
    1) Day one of my egg fast completed and it was relatively easy, although I can’t imagine being able to eat more than six eggs in a day.
    2) Gave in and went and bought one of the roses I saw yesterday – just couldn’t resist!
    3) Nice long phone chat with friend, now that she is back from holiday.
    4) Going for a fourth one too – it didn’t rain today!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Some lovely positives today ! Thanks for your good wishes, SunnyB. Recovery is slow for O/h as if he overdoes it he pays for it the following day. He is still very dépendent on strong pain relief,but he will get there !
    Positives for me…
    I am enjoying spending time with my sister. She is very interested in nutrition too and even though she is slim we are able to exchange lots of ideas and share our discoveries .
    She has revamped some of my ample dresses to make them look better !
    She thinks my bloomers are too big for me now !! 🙂
    I am having my hair cut and coloured tomorrow which will be a treat.I am feeling a bit ‘tufty’ !!
    My son has enjoyed a relaxing Week at the coast and will be back tomorrow. He looks well and has stopped smoking !!
    I might attempt another egg fast in September but I am still enjoying our farm veg for the moment.
    Final positive…still quite a few days left before I go back to work !
    xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you’ll have a batch of ‘refreshed’ outfits to wear back to work, Wendy and that you’re having some fab family time. You deserve it after all the stress you’ve had.

Some positives from me today …..
    1) egg fast is going well. Made a batch of cloud bread for the first time and it worked out really well.
    2) visit to the salon for waxing today.
    3) nice long text conversation with grandson.

Hope others are enjoying plenty of positives. If you have time, please share some of them with us 😃

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I struggle with positives but Sunny I love your commitment to them so in that spirit…
    1. Today is my last day off before back on set tomorrow so I’m getting chores done which will make me feel set up for the week! To be clear, the chores are not that positive but I’ll feel good once they’re done!
    2. My Mum had major back surgery yesterday and it’s hard being in a different country but she came through with flying colors and is even a little mobile today. Plus she loved the flowers from her favorite (and admittedly only) daughter 🌺🌻🌼🌷🌹
    3. Taking a new dress in to be hemmed today because it’s a little bit looser and Elky won’t let me staple it…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on finding positives, Kafin – great news about your Mum, hope she continues to make a good recovery. Must be really worrying for you with the geological distance, but it sounds like she’s doing well.

Positives from me today …
    1). One of my roses has bloomed again and it smells wonderful – took a couple of opportunities to smell it during the day
    2). One more load and the laundry will be completely up to date again
    3). Going to clear out the utility room tomorrow, to give me space to do an art project

Calling all followers of the thread to post their positives too, even if it’s just one small thing – how about it?

• posted by wendleg
    on

I will check in too, SunnyB !
    I left hubby relaxing in the garden today ( I dared to leave him !) and had a day out with my sister, seeking out wool and soft fabrics for baby items for our niece expecting her first baby in January. We also had a wander around Emmaus and I resisted buying yet more vintage linens ! That is positive because I am incorrigible when faced with vintage items !
    We ended up not eating till we got in and then we had a kale /chard omelette and salad. It’s good to be eating fresh garden produce.
    Hubby was ok when we got back but recovery is painfully slow …
    Hope everyone is well xx

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi All

I don’t usually post on this thread—in fact I don’t think I’ve ever posted here before—but a few things have happened recently that make me think I really should. I have an awful lot to be positive about and thankful for, even on days when the scales/tape measure/breathalyser don’t do just what I want. In the grand scheme of things, I’m incredibly lucky. Hence I’m posting here.

My positives for today:
    1) Wearing a dress that I bought years ago—so many years ago that I cannot remember exactly when I got it—and it has never fitted me before. I bought it because I was going to lose weight and get into it, and I never actually managed to lose enough until now.
    2) A bonus positive related to the above: I still like the dress!!
    3) The sunrise this morning was a real stunner, worth stopping on the front step to admire it despite the cold breeze.
    4) Following a prompt from Kafin I remembered I had cod in the freezer, so I thawed some and had it for dinner last night, and it was delicious.

Hugs, Elky

• posted by Verano
    on

Finally managed to get online! So that’s a real positive.
    Just want to wish Allie a wonderful ‘50th Wedding Anniversary’ tomorrow ( just in case I am without a connection again!) . Have a wonderful day, wishing you many more happy years together. Sending you all my love and best wishes x

But I will find a few more positives while I’m here …..
    1. Sun is shining beautifully here in the Mediterranean.
    2. Making some lovely memories.
    3. Low carb eating really is ingrained in me now. So easy to refuse bread, croissants, cakes, crisps and all manner of the ‘not so goodies’ on offer! Champagne not so easy to refuse though!
    Hope everyone is well and keeping positive.

Please log in or register to post a reply.