Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

How about it indeed SunnyB!!! Hi all . . . been while since I was around . . . LOADS been happening down by the duckpond . . .. No BSD F’m notifications coming through to my emailbox reminding/prompting me, so I tend to skim the (other) titles and run off to do accomplish “stuff” for hours weather permitted . . . BUT here are my mindblowing (for me) positives 🙂
    1. Ive invested more $$$s than usual around my garden lately 🙂 And it has been SO worth it! Cyclamen, stocks, pansies, pretty pretty pretty. As I live “in the bush”, there are no streetlights, so I have many and varied solar lights for guiding the way after dark. Some were: some werent working. All have been retrieved . . . tinkered with: replacing batteries, checking globes and cleaning glass covers etc.. Those rejuvenated stayed: others have left in the recycling bin 🙂
    2. Back to GP for 6 monthly blood results. HbA1c has lowered to 5.9. Im aghast at this extra drop . . . so now . . . in 14 months from 12.9 to 5.9 just goes to show how wonderful this WoE is 🙂 Words fail me – (I hear some saying for once . . .? THATS AMAZING!! hehehehe!!!)
    3. Along with the above news received today . . . last Monday I gently stood aboard the bathroom scales at my son’s home. Imagine my surprise when there were 3kgs missing from the screen . . .3KGS missing from over winter . . . after MONTHS of stabilising at around 81.? and to now be seeing 78.? I vowed not to give up hope of stagnating ever again.
    4. I bought a lottery ticket today . . . they say things come in three’s so HbA1c down, weight down . . . win win . . maybe another coming 🙂
    Hang in there everyone . . . GREAT things ARE in store for us all . . . maybe not just at the exact minute we would like them to be 🙂 OH I forgot one – no two – other joys. (1) Doc said I was now officially not considered diabetic and (2) I received ticks all the way on my Medical papers required here in Oz for the over 75yo driver 🙂 Loads off my mind there so guessing thats why Im a little weary tonight! Too much elation for one day 🙂
    Quack! Quack! Quack!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

WTG Kafin and such rewards for your compassion and understanding! Raise one of those mocktails to yourself and two for the young lady. Courage could well be her middle name 🙂 Hugs from Duckie . . . Quack Quack!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Too early in the day for me to post positives, but wanted to drop in and welcome Elky to the thread, thank you for posting here. Also wanted to say it’s good to see you posting V and who CAN resist champagne – certainly not me!
    And good to see you back too Duckie, you have been missed, had been wondering where you had got to and if you were okay. Good to see you posting positives.
    Pleased things are still going well for you and you OH, Wendy.
    I’ll be back later to post some positives and with luck there will be others letting us know their pluses during the day.
    Thanks to all, for keeping this thread alive.

• posted by caronl
    on

HI all
    Lovely to read your positives, and welcome back Duckie. Thanks V for reminding me of Allie’s anniversary. Do have a lovely day tomorrow Allie. I was wondering where you had gone to, but it sounds as if you have been happily busy preparing for a special day??

I am still finding it hard work to bounce along as usual, but there are always positives to savour:
    1) a lovely walk this morning by a still lake – baby grebe paddling along.
    2) the puppy listened and didn’t jump in. Cream cheese in a tube can achieve many miracles with a labrador..
    3) gorgeous blue sky and a summery weekend around the corner. Enjoy one and all – at least in this part of the world.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Allie, all possible best wishes to you and your man, for your 50th anniversary … Big hugs.
    Caronl, really good to see you here and posting some positives, despite things still being a less than ideal for you right now. Hope things will get better for you soon.

Have a few positives to post now ….
    1). Grandson picked up his exam results today and has acquitted himself well. He’s very happy with his results and so are we.
    2). Got the laundry up to date.
    3). Didn’t get around to sorting out the utility room, but I did spend a couple of hours repotting orchids and giving them some TLC, which was a bit overdue. Caught a couple of them in time, as they had very little viable under-soil root left, but they should be fine now.

Has been great to see so many people posting on the thread today and hope to see many more.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Congrats, Duckie – nice to hear from you and that’s a real achievement on both accounts!
    My positives – on the final countdown, just four more days until we wrap! Today is a shopping and prepping day so I don’t have to be on set, which means less sweating and being yelled at! I can’t think of anything else because my mind is on my lists so I’m off and running!

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi All

That’s a great list of positives, Duckie, you must be so pleased 😊

Allie, hugest congratulations on your anniversary, I hope you have a wonderful day. Big hugs!

Sunny, thank you for your welcome to this thread, I think it is very good for me to post here.

And on that note, my positives:
    1. It’s Friday. I know Friday happens every week, but this has been a long week for me and I’m very glad to see the weekend on the horizon.
    2. Wearing a pair of jeans that I haven’t previously fitted into (one of those items of clothing I bought years ago with a plan to lose weight). I think they’ll be a fairly fleeting feature in my wardrobe because while they fit in the backside they are too big in the waist, so are belted in, but I think they’ll do for the rest of winter. With a jumper over the top you can’t tell that the belt is there.
    3. Catching up with a friend this weekend who I haven’t seen in about 18 months—based in the US these days and doesn’t make it back here very often.
    Hugs, Elky

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hello to all! Good to “see” you here Elky! Glad that your husband is recovering Wendleg (stay away from those vintage linens); fantastic numbers and news WoodDuckie; that puppy has a good momma Caron; Kafin, your shoot sounds busy and fun; Verano, so good to see you posting; happy orchid potting SunnyB — oh dear, I’m sure I have missed some people!
    I have had an all-day every-day class this week so I apologise for not posting. I will catch up over the weekend and wish you all a great day and weekend.
    And I heard there’s an anniversary — HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ALLIE!!

• posted by Jess65
    on

First time I have posted on this thread but I look at all posts daily ….. hope you don’t mind my positives
    1 managed too find 2lb on an all inclusive week away with my daughter….amazing holiday drank alcohol, restricted carbs … I allowed some bad carbs 😞
    2 discarded holiday gain within 3 days of getting home
    3 Lowest weight I’ve been for ……. not sure how long probably 10 years or more, need to discard another 10lb to be in the healthy weight range hopefully in September 😃

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello all, my positives for the day:
    1. It has been a magnificent day here weather wise, a real promise of spring.
    2. I got all the laundry dry on the clothesline, in the sunshine and the breeze, including the sheets. Line dried sheets = bliss 😌
    3. Heading around to a friend’s for dinner this evening, which is always lovely.

Cheers, Elky

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Of course we don’t mind Jess65! It’s wonderful to have you join us with your positives!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad to have you posting on here Jess – more the merrier. Well done on the rapid disposal of your holiday weight and hitting your lowest weight. Elky, it’s good to see you here again too.

Some positives from me …..
    1) Had a charming letter from our youngest granddaughter (9yrs), very obviously composed and written by her.
    2) Beautiful sunny day and the garden looking good, with a second flush of roses beginning to bloom.
    3) Good productive tidying up session around the house.
    4) Bought some lovely little cyclamen, so there will be some gardening done over what is predicted to be a hot and sunny w/e.

Looking forward to a social evening with neighbours. Wishing you all a good w/e, brimming full of positives.

• posted by Elky
    on

Sunny, it’s been a lovely day to be in the garden here too 😌

Some positives:
    1. Had an old friend to lunch today, someone I haven’t seen in about 18 months, so it was lovely to catch up.
    2. It was another glorious day here, a real taste of spring, so we sat outside to have lunch – haven’t done that since autumn!
    3. I found time to plant some lilies after I’d cleared up from lunch. Fingers crossed they flower for me this summer.

Cheers, Elky

• posted by caronl
    on

Welcome to new positive posters! Has anyone heard from Allie???

Here are some positives from the weekend –
    1) a day of gorgeous sunshine ahead. I am planning/plotting changes to a corner of the garden, so it’s nice to sit in the dappled shade and contemplate the options.
    2) Enjoying all the butterflies. It seems to be a really good year for them.
    3) Marvelling that the 3 month old pup is responding and returning so well to the whistle (famous last words!….).
    Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you back her posting positives, caronl – hope life is being kinder. Like you I’m loving the return to summer weather, which is something we rarely see in the UK for a Bank Holiday w/e. It has been a glorious day
    My positives for today are ….
    1) Pleasant evening last night, with neighbours, catching up on news.
    2) Got out into the garden early to plant in the cyclamen I got yesterday and spent a few hours potting – pulling weeds, deadheading etc. I really delight in the time I can spend out there and seeing the garden change and develop.
    3) Planning a project tomorrow, to paint the frames of some old mirrors and hang them in the garden.
    Whatever you are doing this weekend, hope many positives fall in your path and that you might share some of them with us.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Everyone and especially replying to Elky and SunnyB! agreeing with the gardening therapy . . . Ive changed things up and around and the visuals plus the changed energy created are definitely expanding. Native violets, cyclamen, mauve and purple (combo) daisies and pansies plus BRIGHT yellow pansies, with the tiny blue hyacinths breaking their buds is so delightful. I have some different positives to start the week which is uplifting!
    1. Rain Rain Rain has fallen gently overnight and is still drizzling steadily. It is so quiet, it is almost like nature is on its knees praying with grateful thanks . . .
    2. While the credit card is bulging . . . all bills have been brought up to date . . .
    3. Am getting my head around a decision, urgency, necessity of ANOTHER hospital visit 🙁 My medical history has not been enviable and hospitals while they have patched me up so Im here to tell the tale . . . also hold trepidation.
    4. My positive love of my body image/spot/visual . . .? . . . my scars – which are signs of survival and reminders of grateful thanks for the skills of many who put them there and kept me here 🙂
    Have a wonderful week everyone!!! Quack Quack from the drizzly duckpond where this little duck is very pleased to have the water being refreshed – of only slightly 🙂 Thank you!!!!!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi folks,
    I was planning to start on hay making this week, but then the online weather forecasts changed and the length of the dry spell in Wales reduced so I cancelled plans. – I was worried if I had made the right decision but after watching weather forecast on countryfile last night I think I made the right call.
    A couple of months after I bought my car the clutch failed and it cost over £1K to repair. I have been worried because its started to display the same patterns again. But have just looked on line and I can see a range of other options. – Expensive, but not as expensive. – So maybe not as bad as it could be.
    I put one of my pairs of painting trousers on yesterday. – I hadn’t worn this pair of trousers since I started on this WoE, but they are draw string trousers with paint on them so were useful to keep. – They were 13 inches too big at the waist band. 🙂 A good reminder to myself on how far I have come rather than always thinking about the road still to travel.

Sneaky 4th, Allie is back posting on the forum :-))

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi folks

JGwen, that is absolutely amazing about your painting trousers – 13 inches, wow!!

I got caught up with other things yesterday and didn’t post. So my positives, slightly late:
    1. Despite things having been fairly stressful this last little while, I have not resorted to comfort eating high carb things. I have had more cheese than I planned, but I am rejoicing that it wasn’t hot buttered toast! (Especially since there is bread in the freezer 😊)
    2. I finally got around to buying a box to mail some things I have been meaning to mail for ages.
    3. I’ve had lots to do lately so have been running around a bit, with the benefit that my daily step counts are higher than usual.

Hugs, Elky

• posted by SunnyB
    on

JGwen – 13inches down is amazing, you must be so chuffed and rightly so!
    Elky – well done on not resorting to high carb stress relief.
    My positives are …..
    1) Frame painting project delayed due to local store not having the paint I want, but today kicked off another painting project, which went okay for a first attempt, so I’m quite content.
    2) Making good progress with getting the house ready for parents visit in a couple of days time.
    3) Rather enjoyed today’s mix of sunshine and showers. Has kept a slight freshness in the air – very pleasant.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I agree with your sneaky fourth, JGwen and 13”, holy hell, that’s amazing!
    1. Only took me a week to actually take the dress in to get hemmed
    2. At physio, hoping to get my arm problem diagnosed and resolved. Doctor thinks it’s rotator cuff, I think it’s muscle strain but has been going on for a couple of months so glad to finally address it.
    3. Getting a pedicure today for the first time in over a year. My poor feet have been abused for the last month and they deserve some love.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Time to post some positives
    All caravans have left the drive. My sister has returned to the Uk( loved having her here) but my son is still in France until Friday !
    So it’s back to just the two of us ! Hubby has been looking very unkempt and I drove him to the barbers this morning . He looks much tidier ! His recovery is continuing ..slowly.
    I still have 2 more free days before I go back to work and will make the most of that time .
    I am not apprehensive about the return. Resuming an established routine is a positive for me. Also..I have some lovely clothes to wear !
    Enjoyed aquagym this evening !
    I was so pleased to see Amz posting on the Weekly thread again today after a prolonged absence. That was a real positive !!
    love to everyone xx

• posted by Elky
    on

Some positives from me:

1. Had a lovely evening curled up on the sofa with a book – it’s been a while since I’ve done that and I really enjoyed it.
    2. A friend is meeting me at the car rental place when I return my hire car, so I do not need to get a taxi or a rideshare home.
    3. I have managed to keep the house tidy!

Hugs, Elky

• posted by Birdy76
    on

So I am back off of my holiday and the damage was minimal!

1 only a 4lb gain whilst on holiday

2. Back in ketosis

3. Back on the forum and loving it❤️

I do hope we are all well and I look forward to reading everyone’s positives and posts.

Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi I have been reading the forum, but somehow didn’t have anything to contribute. But there are plenty of positives! You are doing so well Kafin, hope your break is going well. Well done JGwen for your new body shape, and enjoy the gym sessions.

1 I’m in maintenance, staying at 80kg (+-1kg) and blood sugar is 4.2 fasting
    2. Pilates is great, feels safe and my balance is definitely improving. Just need to start running again when it’s cooler
    3. The hot weather! I’ll miss it when I don’t need my floppy hat!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Patricia! Nice to hear from you – staying at your goal in maintenance is so impressive, I really think that’s the hardest part.
    My positives:
    1. I wore a new dress last night to the wrap party and felt pretty good. Plus I think I toned my stomach muscles by holding my tummy in all night!
    2. All my prop and food styling kit is put away after a month of it spilling into my bedroom and living room so I feel more organized. Now I just need to clean house…
    3. My mum is progressing well after her back surgery

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning……..
    1. Home again with full internet access. It’s amazing how dependent we become on our ‘technology ‘.
    2. A very modest gain of 3lbs after a cruise! I think I have really cracked the low carb WOL. So easy now to refuse all the ‘white stuff’ now, no matter where.
    3. Looking forward to ‘normal’ eating again.
    It’s a bit early in the day to add more positives but hope everyone has a good Friday full of positive energy.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Patricia ! You are rocking maintenance ! Hi V and welcome back ! I hope you had a lovely cruise.
    Nice positives Birdy, Elky and Kafin !
    Well my Friday was a bit sad as my son went back to Australia and I doubt I will see him again for at least a year.
    I also went back to work yesterday.
    However I will focus on the positives.
    1) My son is well and happy .He had a lovely time catching up with everyone and we had some very special moments. Precious memories. Also he and his partner have stopped smoking !!
    2) My other son is coming back at Christmas and we will probably travel to see family in the Uk.
    3) I am very pleased with my teaching timetable which leaves me time to get my prep and marking done in my room .I made the decision last year not to bring so much work home and it made a massive difference to myself and to hubby . It’s my last year !
    4) Hubby continues to recover although he can’t drive yet.I feel happier leaving him without supervision although he is likely to try and do too much all the same !
    5) September is still really lovely here
    6) I do like my work routine and my OMAD and TMAD habits.
    7) I bought some lovely green teas from Paris . It’ s like buying fine wine for me !
    8) It’s the weekend !!
    Love to everyone xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. Ahh Wendy I can empathise with you as my son also lived in Australia, for five, years but fortunately became homesick! Thank goodness for technology it makes Australia feel so much closer.
    So lovely to read everyone’s positives, they always make me smile, especially at times when it’s hard to find the ‘positive’ side of life. So to my positives …..
    1. A new month, a new season and so perfect time for a new start ….. again! This time I’m trying a full on Keto diet. Wish me luck!
    2. Unpacked and washing ready for the machine. I love piles of newly laundered clothes ….. even when it also means piles of ironing.
    3. Seeing family today which us always a ‘positive’.
    Happy first day of Autumn or Spring …. first days are always inspiring.

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi everyone, sorry not to have posted my positives for a few days. I have much to be positive about:

1. I have my new car! And I managed to drive it to work, and park it, without dinging it LOL
    2. It was an absolute cracker of a weekend and I got to spend a lot of time in the garden, which was a delight.
    3. The great weather meant that I was able to get all the laundry dry outside, so line dried sheets again. Sorry I know I regularly seem to post that one of my positives is line dried sheets, but I really do enjoy them 😊 (Verano, sounds like you share the “all the laundry is done and life is good” bug!)

Cheers, Elky

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi all
    I too haven’t posted positive for a while but there is always something good going on!
    1. It is Spring here in Melbourne – we start on 1st September rather than the equinox – and I know it really is Spring as I got swooped by a magpie while walking the dogs this morning – a Melbourne hazard at this time of year! 😄🐦 It’s a positive as it confirms the weather is warming up!
    2. Just enjoyed a beautiful scrambled egg from a friend’s own chickens – golden and delicious with a dash of cream, and fetta and avocado.
    3. Heading off to my exercise class which I really enjoy doing – and I *never* would have said that a year ago!!
    KOKO

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have been out of the loop for a good few days, but wonderful to see so many great positives being posted.
    Wendy – So pleased you hubby is continuing to recover well. You will soon have more family around you again, as Christmas will be here before we know it!
    V – glad to see you back with us and that you have had a lovely break. I too have heaps of laundry to get through, following having my folks here. Will be a few days before I have that “all the laundry is done and life is good” Elky.
    Merry – those eggs sound yummy!

So, my positives are …..
    1) Having my folks visiting since last Thursday ’til today and spending some real time with them.
    2) The osso bucco I cooked for dinner last night was fab!
    3) Trip to garden center on Sunday, where I purchased a rose at half price and an support for my recently acquired climbing rose.
    4) Youngest daughter and family came for a BBQ on Sunday, so a nice cross generational family gathering.
    5) Made some further progress in the garden yesterday – transferred some plants to new larger pots, pruned out branches on a shrub which had been damaged by rust, planted in primulas my Mum brought for me, which she took from some of her plants and added in some new plants to s few of the containers. Also dug out some seedlings and divided some plants, to give some to my Mum and pot some to take for our oldest daughter this coming w/e.
    6) Only 16 days to our trip to India …. can you tell I’m excited?!

Keep posting those positives everyone, it’s always uplifting to be able to share in the joy of others.

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW! SunnyB I can imagine your excitement. Will really look forward to hearing all about your adventures. I’m sure you will have a brilliant time even if does all come as a bit of a shock to the senses! Wonderful country. Enjoy!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Sunny – can I ask for your osso bucco recipe??? In exchange, I’ll post some positives! 😁
    1. Have finished all the shopping for my eldest niece’s bday, awaiting some things to come in the mail and then I can post, two weeks ahead of schedule! But the best part is, I always send American chocolate/candy/treats which the girls (and my brother and sister-in-law) love but my usual approach is to buy it, have an emotional reaction, eat it, rebuy it. And repeat. Not this time! Saving me a lot of money 💲💲💲
    2. I finally made it in to the 160 lb range. Just barely! But that’s enough to keep me focused and going.
    3. I’ve found an online school for my foster girl that I think will suit her perfectly. Yesterday was a holiday here so today, I’m going to reach out and make an appointment and fingers crossed, I can get her enrolled and underway towards her graduation goal!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As a reward for those great positives, here is the Osso Bucco recipe, Kafin.
    To serve 4
    2tbsp Olive Oil and 50g butter
    25g gram flour
    4 pieces thickly cut veal shin
    1 finely chopped (f/ch) medium shallot
    1 f/ch medium carrot
    1 f/ch celery stick
    4 large cloves garlic, skin on
    4 large sage leaves
    2 small bay leaves
    300ml white wine / 200ml good chicken stock

Lightly dust meat with seasoned gram flour and fry in olive oil, in a wide pan that will hold meat in one layer. Set meat aside on warm plate, lower heat and add butter to the pan. Fry carrot, shallot and celery to soften, then add garlic cloves, lemon zest, bay and sage leaves and allow to cook for a few mins.

Put wine in pan and allow to bubble to reduce by half then add stock and put meat back in pan on top of the veg. Cover and allow to simmer for approx 2hrs or cook slowly in the oven, until the meat is tender and can be broken with a spoon.

Can be served topped with gremolata made with 3tbsp f/ch flat-leaf parsley, 1 crushed garlic clove, zest of a lemon and sea salt.

Please note, it is also possible to successfully cook this dish in a slow cooker, with meat in more than one layer, which is what I did this time round.

Enjoy!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you! Will add that to winter repertoire!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I haven’t made Osso Bucco for ages! But an extra tip…add some anchovies. No fishiness, they just melt in…Having said that, no toast for the marrow on the BSD…

• posted by Verano
    on

The Osso Bucco recipe sounds lovely SunnnyB and I love anchovies in casseroles etc. so might just add a couple. So to my positives…..
    1. Day three of keto and all going well ….. so far!
    2. I have a renewed interest in cooking since I started reading new recipes. Feel rather rejuvenated. It’s so easy to get stuck into a rut with food.
    3. Have just one day of my current meditation course left before I start a new one on Friday. Think I might try ‘mindful eating’ next.
    Hope everyone is having a positive week.

• posted by Elky
    on

I haven’t posted for a couple of days, so my positives:
    1. My parents have decided to come visit me in just over a week, which will be a delight.
    2. Spring is popping up all over my garden, I am going to cut some of my heavily scented jonquils to bring inside this weekend so I can enjoy them while I’m home.
    3. Have arranged for some tree lopping this weekend, so that’s one to cross off the long term to do list 😊

Cheers, Elky

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I love the smell of jonquils! I think they call them narcissus here – they remind me of the smell of my grandmother!
    1. I got a couple of potentially good contacts for work today so fingers crossed they come through. This business is all about networking so that you can be in the right place at the right time!
    2. Just bought a new tank top that is silk with a stretchy jersey lining and can be dressy over jeans. Did I need it? No. But if I can’t have cake, I can have a new top. 😆😁
    3. Trying OMAD today so am already looking forward to a bigger dinner – just four hours to go!
    4. This is a big one for me. My foster kid’s social worker called me today as his boss wants him to close out the case when we go to Children’s court in October. She is in a safe, secure place, despite her tragic burn circumstances and I’ve almost got her school sorted. I don’t personally think the case should be closed and will talk to her attorney (if they close it out, then I get taken off the case and given to another kid) but the important part was that she told the SW that she didn’t want to lose me, that she likes me! I’m over the moon with this as she doesn’t have to trust me or like me and given everything she’s been through, I wouldn’t blame her. But she does and I feel all warm and glowy 😍. Regardless of what the court decides, she’s in my life forever and I will continue to help her out.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Wow Kafin!! Great list of positives 😃
    You and your foster kid now have a real bond, and she is so fortunate to have you as a friend and mentor.💜❤
    You mentioned that she has burns – so you may be interested in reading the story of a young Australian woman Turia Pitt https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turia_Pitt She has also written a few books – https://www.turiapitt.com/ and she does a lot of motivational speaking.
    Love that silk tank top!! Just the thing to lift your spirits!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you, Merry! I remember when this happened to Turia – she has risen above and really shown people what courage is. My kid has burns to this extent plus some horrific problems that came about from being bed bound for so long and even more sadly, it was the result of arson because some a%$#hole got pissed off with his mates and tried to burn them alive. He succeeded and my kid was one of the other casualties. But on the positive side, she has a loving adoptive father and grandparents and she’s smart so I have no doubt, she will succeed xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    Kafin…your positives really are heartwarming, despite the underlying sadness and trauma of your young charge .I really hope everything works out for you both.You have been such a positive influence already in her life.
    My positives seem a bit insignificant in comparison but here they are ..
    1) My first Week back went well and I have a very manageable timetable and motivated kids !
    2) I quite enjoyed getting back into my OMAD routine .TMAD on Wednesday and then an extended fast on my long day.
    3) The best is that I can now walk up three flights of stairs to my classroom without getting breathless and needing to have a rest . I practically bound up them these days ! Well, not quite but I am definitely feeling the benefit of not having to heave so many kilos up those stairs !
    4) Nothing very exciting on the cards this weekend but that is fine. I enjoy my time which is no longer taken up with school work since I decided not to bring work home and do it all at school. I always work through my lunch hour.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope things go well for you and your foster child, Kafin, I’m sure now that you have established a relationship, you will both ensure it survives long into the future.
    Wendy, all positives are valid no matter how small. Glad that you school year has got off to a good start and you are enjoying it, as well as getting back to your normal eating routine. Hope that your hubby is continuing his recovery and is not over doing things – sure you are keeping a close watch on progress!

My positives are quite simple ones too …. here they are ….
    1) Pleasant weekend visiting with eldest daughter and her partner, including some retail therapy.
    2) Now for me this is an unusual one, but I’m seeing the continuous steady rain today is a positive, as the garden definitely needs it and the water butt was pretty much empty too, so needs a good top up.
    3) Grandson has an interview at a college tomorrow. He still needs to secure an apprenticeship or full time course, so fingers crossed something will gel for him soon.

I’m looking forward to reading positives from others soon, so please do post your positives if you have a few minutes.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Has been a very positive day ….
    1) Took grandson to college for an interview and he was offered a place. We had lunch together, lovely one2one time and we have made plans to go to the garden centre together tomorrow.
    2) Egg fast going well. Day two and halfway through.
    3) Enjoyable pottering time in the garden this afternoon.
    And finally ….
    4) Allie is back on the forum – yippee!

How about you – any positives to share today?

• posted by Verano
    on

SunnyB you shame me! Yes really good to see Allie and sunshine-girl back amongst us …. now it feels like home again!
    You are marvellous for keeping this thread going I feel guilty for not posting so I will post, as often as I can……
    1. Toilet that we thought would need to be replaced at great expense just needs some minor work at a fraction of the cost. Result!
    2. Booked a lovely trip for next summer, well early summer, so we won’t face the fierce heat of Southern Europe in August again ….. you learn by your mistakes!!!!!!
    3. Having a long, well loved, friend join us for dinner tonight.
    Keep well, keep finding the positives in life, and keep posting so we can all enjoy with you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see positives from you, Verano. Having that trip booked will give you something lovely to look forward to, through the chill and grey of winter – something I’ll be hankering after in a month or two.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Getting in first with some positives for today.
    1) Good visit to garden centre with grandson, who chose a succulent plant and a cacti to add to his fledgling collection. We tackled repotting them together when we go home.
    2) Added another orchid to my collection – pink with an orange throat and only £5.
    3) Good phone chat with my mum this afternoon.
    Has been a good day and I hope everyone else is having the same – please share your positives soon.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi SunnyB, and anyone else reading this, not long before your trip now, you must be so excited!
    I do have some positives….
    1. I watched the film ‘Fat Head” this morning and even though it’s 10 years old it is fascinating watching and puts things into very simple terms. Definitely worth watching for renewing enthusiasm.
    2. I had a day ‘off’ yesterday and whilst I didn’t overload on carbs I did have two pieces if Vogel seeded bread, toasted with butter and cheese. I sooooo enjoyed it .
    3. I’m training myself to become a ‘fat friend’ rather than a ‘fat phobic’. I think it will take time but I will get there …. I WILL!
    Have a good day and keep positive.

• posted by caronl
    on

Sorry I have been quiet on the forum. Some unexpected medical problems in the family have been keeping me busy. I shall definitely look up Fat Head – thanks for the recommendation.
    1) Enjoying being home after a super-stressful week in the UK. Lovely to see OH, pup and garden and literally touch base.
    2) My search for comfort mainly involved buying some lovely new tops and one outfit. Most of the time i am used to my new shape now, but I did feel like a butterfly again with my new look!
    3) “Mainly involved” in 2) means that I had a rather carby week. The positive is that I am still in my healthy weight range – but now only just. 🙁 Guess what that means…….

Have a good weekend one and all.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry to hear you have been dealing with some stressful issues, caronl. It’s good that you got some relief enjoying a bit of clothes shopping.
    My positives …it’s the weekend and it’s due to be sunny and very warm into next Week !
    I have booked a very cheap flight to the Uk over Christmas. Hubby is driving up with my case !!! I know ..I ‘m hopeless !! Looking forward to some special family time and best of all my younger son is arriving for a 3 week holiday,so he gets to see everyone in the Uk too . I miss my boys 🙁
    We have booked a cheeky week away in Cataluna…travelling by train to Gerona and Sitges for the next school holiday.
    Hubby is improving daily although still needing to rest if he tries to do too much. He is unfortunately over- indulging in the abundant grapes which are appearing in the shops at this time of year but I am keeping a close eye on his blood glucose.
    I am enjoying my OMAD and TMAD routine and even fitted in an extended fast at the end of the week, made easier by long working days and meetings.
    SunnyB, your trip to India is inching closer ! Have a wonderful time !
    Birdy has given up smoking and that makes me so happy !!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.