Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi wendleg, Good to hear that your husband continues to recover well – even if these things have to take time. The Christmas trip sounds lovely, particularly with a filial visit!

Positives today:
    1) beautiful sunshine and a lovely walk and play in the woods with the pup. A lovely start to the day.
    2) looking forward to a canal-side birthday party for a friend this afternoon. Though will need to keep a close eye on said pup!
    3) Have completed my first day of another relaunch. I am determined to keep in my healthy BMI range!

And good for you Birdy. Keep at it! I am nearing my 29th anniversary of giving up. Over 250,000 cigarettes that I have not smoked. You can do it!! Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

So good to see your post Caron! Happy travels Wendy, I’m so very glad your husband is still recovering well (I love grapes too! And I’m with you giving Birdy a shout-out for quitting smoking and just fully embracing her new found health — her posts have been a joy to read.
    I have positive news:
    We return to California next week! Our lovely stay in England is at an end. The job has morphed into a new form, so we get to go home to family, friends, house (yayay!!) and my beloved California.
    I will always remember this green and graceful land and all the nice people I met (although I think I scared them to begin with as I will talk to anyone — luckily the dogs were good ice breakers!). What an amazing experience!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Julia, so happy for you! Come on home!

• posted by Verano
    on

Julia, so happy your experience here has been a good one. Bon voyage! Safe journey home.
    Hi Violinist hope all is well with you and your move went/goes well!

• posted by wendleg
    on

All the very best Julia. I’m glad to got to experience the South West and your stay in the Uk was a positive one . I sense you are really looking forward to getting back home though ! You missed out on the British winter ….good plan 😉
    You are adjusting really well to all the changes !!
    Hi V ! Hi Violinist !
    Have a lovely time at your friend’s party, caronl !

• posted by Violinist
    on

Weeennndy and Verrraannnoo!!! Thank you. Should be in the house in a few weeks. Lots of shopping for shutters, dishes, light fixtures etc. Still doing keto and losing weight. I hop on here when I can and lurk for right now. Cooking diet doc recipes, back to orchestra, bible study and fall volunteer routines. Walking and still swimming.

Love you guys! Hi Allie, birdy and all!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julia – apologies for not being able to catch up with you in person while you’ve been in the UK. I thought your move was longer term, so mistskenly thought there was time yet to meet uo, but am very happy for you that you are now able to move back home to family and friends.
    V, it’s always good to see you with us. Violinist- hope the move goes well. Wendy – lots of lovely family positives there and especially pleased your hubby is still recovering well. Caronl – puppy is obviously giving you much pleasure. Very sobering to calculate the number of cigarettes you might have got through, had you not given up. Keep going Birdy, your health and your wallet will thanks you!
    My positives are ….
    1) The packing has commenced and it is progressing well – getting things ticked of the list is so pleasing.
    2) Grandson has another apprenticeship interview appointment on Wed next week. It’s lovely that he’s keeping me updated on what’s happening with him.
    3) Glorious day here and the garden is looking really good. Going to grab some time out there right now.

Keep letting us know your positives everyone.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Thank you Violinist, Wendleg and Verano!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks SunnyB! Packing for a vacation, I hope!

• posted by caronl
    on

Julia, So pleased you enjoyed Bath ( I was there last weekend at St Mary’s Bathwick!) and best wishes for your return to the States – you are clearly looking forward to it. And thank you for reminding us to keep things simple!
    SunnyB Best wishes for a lovely holiday.

• posted by Verano
    on

SunnyB I’m getting excited for you! I’m sure you will have a truly memorable trip.
    Sorry I’ve not been keeping up with lots of the posts and Wendy I’m pleased your husband is on the mend. Sometimes these things are slow to heal but he will get there.
    So to my positives …..
    1. Out for lunch with friends today so something nice to look forward to.
    2. Bought some ‘packing cubes’ which look great for packing when you are staying in several places.
    3. Have finally come to terms with the reality of my eating plan. I can no longer beat myself up for not sticking ‘rigidly ‘ to a particular plan. I have to do it ‘my way’!
    Hope Sunday brings lots of positives for everyone.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Have a lovely holiday SunnyB! I hope you enjoy the different food and drink but manage to keep the carbs down low!
    X B

• posted by Verano
    on

Well there don’t seem to be many ‘positive thoughts’ about just at the moment so I thought I would add some ……….
    1. Bought some wonderful red cordyline for my planters today and they look really well!
    2. Have eaten out twice today …… chicken both times with salad…..still frightened to stand on the scales tomorrow …. not sure that’s a positive!
    3. Bought an appliance online, but what turned up was not what we ordered ! Resolved the problem …… one huge positive!!!
    Guess you have gone now SunnyB so just want to wish you ‘happy hols’ take care and look forward to hearing from you.
    Have a positive day/week everyone.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning!
    Bon voyage Julia, glad you enjoyed your stay! Sunny, have a lovely holiday!
    Hello to Verano, Violinist, Busybee, Caro, Wendy, Allie and everyone else!
    My positives,
    1. It’s Friday,, and today and tomorrow are set to be in the low 70 degrees so will be tidying the garden!
    2. 4 weeks today I will be waking up at Allie’s on her bday! Woohoo! Am gathering bits and pieces to take with me.
    3. New red silicone loaf tin has arrived and can’t wait to try it out and make some linseed bread.
    4. The scales are going in the right direction again!
    Have a good day, evening wherever you are, my lovelies!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Good morning KazzUk !
    Great positives and good to hear you have a new loaf tin. There’s a couple of requests over on the Keto thread for your quick bread recipe. 🍞. Could you post it if you have time? 🌺
    Many thanks!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Merry, oh sure, I shall head on over now! Thanks for the heads up, I’m very behind with the forums! 🙂

• posted by caronl
    on

Kazz I have joined you in the garden – doing some autumn clearance in beautiful sunshine. But I am leaving enough untidy piles for insects etc. The thrush has returned to the garden, so I hope the remaining slugs will keep him happy! I bet the cordyline looks lovely, Verano.
    1) All the family together this weekend. Feels like Christmas come early and without the hassle!
    2) My father is recovering from his op two weeks ago – more slowly than expected, but going in the right direction.
    3) Chamber Choir concerts approaching, so lots of enjoyable practice of Purcell and similar.

Happy holiday SunnyB! Have a lovely weekend everyone, and in particular best wishes to those starting today with our healthy lifestyle. x

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello just thought I’d pop in and post a few positives. Thanks for the recipe Kazz I’ll certainly give it a try. The weather is miserable here today but then I guess all good things must come to an end……..
    1. I bought some tall troughs for the garden a few months ago and have finally put them into position. They look good but will be even better when they are planted up!
    2. Woke up in the middle of the night, no that’s not the positive, but realise I really do need to get a bit more serious in September. I know there isn’t much of the month left but I have made a decision, and a goal, although no timeframe.
    3. Family get together today which is always nice. Fortunately carbs play such an insignificant part in my life now I don’t fear temptation … there isn’t any!
    Have a good Sunday and a positive week.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

My positives are:
    1 I tried the linseed bread from luvtcook’s thread, and it’s got the real bread feel, very filling with high calorie but zero carb. I will stay on very low carb, but it’s been hard to stick with.

2 Lovely summer weather in mid September, enjoyed several walks in Kent last week.

3 l’m looking forward to several holiday plans, in Wales, Cornwall and Ireland, where I’ll see family.

• posted by Verano
    on

I have reported this post as a possible advert/scam

• posted by Verano
    on

Buuuuut …. while I’m here …. yes I have positives…..
    1. Celebrating birthdays which is always a positive. I guess when you’re young it’s great to get ‘older ‘ and more ‘grown up’, but when you are ‘grown up’ it’s just great to be celebrating another birthday!
    2. Had a lovely meal out with friends last night ….. completely BSD friendly so that was so much the sweeter.
    3. Head sorted out, know where I’m going, and have finally re-found my WHY!
    Hope everyone is doing well, and in the absence of SunnyB’s input urging us all to post, please post your positives to keep us all uplifted.
    P.S. Sunny if you do read this hope you are having an amazing time.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just checking in with a few positives ..

1) My official application for retirement has been submitted …this time next year I will be retired !! Time to plan some future trips !
    2) I am enjoying this ‘final’ year .
    3) Hubby is very much on the mend and although not 100%..he is getting there .80% capaciity I would say.
    4) We have booked trains to Gerona and Sitges and friendly accommodation for a week at half term.
    5) Christmas will be spent in the Uk this year..and my son will be joining us 🙂
    6) I went back to yoga today after an enforced break and enjoyed it. I need to get back some flexibility and my delightful teacher is working with me to strengthen my seriously weakened abdominal muscles. She was very impressed by my discard . I was just grateful that I could manage certain postures without my belly hindering me 😉 !
    7) I am still doing aquagym .It’s good to keep moving.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

That’s a great list Wendy. This has been my first year of “retirement”. I still work casually but mostly no more than 4-6 hrs a week. That keeps me connected and interested, but without any ongoing responsibilities!
    Terrific you are back into yoga, and are gaining strength. I started light gym for the first time 12 months ago, and have been amazed to have rediscovered and strengthened my core. I hope improved strength will help keep me well!
    My positives are:
    1 Quiet gentle day…a public holiday in Melbourne in honour of our Australian Football final tomorrow! We also have a public holiday to celebrate a horse race! Anyway, my team is not in the final so don’t care too much about it, but there is a Melbourne based team playing a relatively new Sydney based team, and there is always a bit of Melbourne Sydney rivalry 😀 so I will barrack for the Melbourne team.🇦🇺 So streets are quiet and it’s been a good pottering day.
    2. Just made some cloud bread ( thanks Elky)
    3. Also made some chia plum and rhubarb jam with some stewed plums I froze from my tree at the end of last summer, and some rhubarb grown by a friend, with chia seeds to thicken it into a “jam”.
    4. A slice of cloud bread and homemade jam! Yum!
    Merry

• posted by caronl
    on

There’s a lot to be said for retirement – even if the pension is in sterling……!

I was most impressed with your seven positives, wendleg. Have you raised the bar for us all????
    1) I’ve started a new project – photo books to replace unwieldy albums that I never open. It is so much fun to sort the photos, choose the layout, and enjoy the end product. 2018 and 2017 done. Maybe I shall use them as a non-fattening reward – a new year for every 2 kilos? Or maybe I won’t wait at all!
    2) Sorting my 2017 photos made me realise again how far I have come. Instead of focusing on the few kilos that have crept back, I am re-appreciating the ones that stayed away!
    3) Realised yesterday that I was wearing jeggings – hadn’t looked at the label when I bought them. They look *g o o d*! I never ever thought I would wear jeggings.
    4) Had a dry dog walk this morning. It’s good and natural to have the rain – but i prefer not to be in it!

Have a lovely weekend everyone. x

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    I have been in a bit of a twist with myself this last week or so and really need to find something positive to add to this thread. I guess there must be several people feeling the same way because it’s gone very quiet on here! So to my positives …..
    1. As autumn has arrived and I have an emptyish freezer I thought I would have a ‘soup-in’ this weekend. Allie reminded me of the cauliflower and roasted red pepper soup so that will be number one. Then there will be chicken soup, a ‘green’ soup, broccoli and Stilton for my OH, and maybe courgette soup. That should keep me busy enough!
    2. Today I promise to get to the bottom of my ironing basket …… that should keep me busy for a good part of today!
    3. Looking forward to a relatively dry day today. Sometimes you just wonder how long it can keep raining and I’m sure that affects my mood. I do love a nice crisp Autumn day but as yet they have been few and far between.
    Hope everyone has a good Friday ….. stay positive!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    What a shame that the ‘positives’ in life seem to be so evasive, or maybe people are too busy to take a few minutes to think about them.
    Anyway, I have a few……
    1. Put my meditation technique into practice while visiting the dental hygienist and I didn’t feel a thing!
    2. For the first time in ages I’ve finally got back into the BSD groove. The soups I made last weekend have been a lifesaver this week. No more grabbing the easiest thing which for me is probably Ryvita and cheese.
    3. Staying with food and my downfalls I’ve not eaten one piece of 90% this week and I’ve not had crisps for as long as I can remember now. So all good.
    I’m sure SunnyB will be back from her travels soon and I’m really looking forward to hear about her trip.
    So it’s another Friday, another week almost over but the weekend beckons. Have a great weekend and keep finding the positives.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Verano, Well done you for plugging on on this thread. I’ll join the party. You are so right that it is important to take stock of the positives.
    1) Looking forward to our second chamber choir concert this weekend. Both have been sell-outs, and I am loving the music and cameraderie.
    2) the amelanchier (sp?) in the garden has turned a beautiful autumnal colour. We are visiting the local Japanese garden next week to absorb all the beautiful shades of maple.
    3) enjoyed my smoked salmon and scrambled egg today. And will follow your example on making some soups once the concerts are behind me!
    Have a lovely weekend. x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello Verani and Caronl – good to see activity on this thread. Can empathise with your mood in the gloom of rainy days, V. Mmmm, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, Caronl, might grab some of that this w/e myself … just need to shop!
    We’re back from India and given the weather, have to wonder why! We had a great time and I’m already thinking about planning a revisit.
    Anyway, here are some positives from me too …
    1. On arriving back in the UK, was lovely to spend sometime with my folks before heading home.
    2. Whilst not enjoying the current weather, it’s great to have the log burner warmly glowing.
    3. Looking forward to sleeping in our own bed tonight.
    4. My garden seems to have faired really well while we’ve been away and my Mum has given me some plants and bulbs, so eager to get out there soon.
    Hope to see more positives posted soon everyone. Have a great w/e.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I like to gather up my positives and post when I have a few to report ..so here goes..

I am getting into a routine of physical activity whether it be aquagym , yoga or keep fit for the over sixties. I imagine I am toning up a bit 🙂

One more Week to go before the half term break . We aren’t going far…just a train journey to Girona and Sitges, spending a Week in two new places which apparently are very lovely. All trains are booked and I found some nice , reasonably priced accommodation.

I was a bit chuffed today because I had to make a phone call to the booking agent in Spain and I was understood ! After being in France for so long my Spanish is very rusty but I dregged it up from somewhere 😉 My plan is to learn Italian when I retire. It’s apparently very good for the brain !

We are getting a little kitten after half term after sadly losing our ageing Bob cat several weeks ago. I didn’ t intend to get another cat so soon but our Ginger George needs a friend. Hubby is lovingly preparing a special flower bed for Bob’s ashes.

I bought some brand new Marks and Spencer jeggings on my favourite pre loved site for 4€ !! Even better they are size 14. Ok they have a goodly bit of stretch in them but I honestly cannot remember when I last bought a piece of clothing in size 14. I was used to buying size 20 for ages.

Hubby is well on the mend and I have asked for the hospital bed to be collected so that will be the study back to normal.

It was 27 ° here today and due to be warm all weekend..lots of washing will be done. I can happily tackle the housework with the sun shining 🙂

We still have an ongoing stock of organic Mediterranean veg and glorious fresh lettuces from our local farm

I am a bit addicted to fermented veg (also nuts and very dark choc !!)

I get to see my son at Christmas !!

I am glad to see SunnyB back and to hear you had a wonderful time in India.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend xxx

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello everyone! A few (seemingly insignificant to others maybe) – positives with deeper meanings here and Duckie feeling more than a little blessed.
    1. Elder grand-daughters 11th (belated) birthday celebrations yesterday saw me able to share time with all four grand-children at once. They are all SO individual and Im truly blessed to have these remarkable youngsters to love and cherish . . . enrich my life and give hope –
    2. Reading FB posts this morning and to see SO MANY drought stricken farmers posting photos and videos of rain arriving (in some places) after YEARS of nothing but dust and devastation made me shed tears of relief (for them) – still a long way to go – stock has been sold or died . . . crops not planted so no income, fires ravaging remainder of whatever and no water t fight them . . . just chemicals . . . but . . . no more of them having to buy water for while . . . and a few mls here in the past 24 hours gave everything in the near vicinity a nitrogen filled drink to keep them going. So sad to see fallen trees EVERYWHERE . . . . they just didnt make it . . . and are now an upcoming summer bushfire hazard of huge added proportions 🙁 The reminder of a blessing everytime I turn on a tap delivering piped water is SO humbling.
    3. My creative juices have re-started flowing this past week seeing some new interesting designs emerging from my available recycled “makings” . . . fascinating to see the different themes to those previously – and cant help thinking are they reflective of my life’s stage . . .?
    4. Pleased and most grateful for bounty – to have had a few acorns/dollars stached in the “hollow log” which I was able to loan to a son who is strapped for cash right now . . .
    5 Opened the (always adding to) – “gift cupboard” last week to assess options already on hand for Christmas offerings! Looks like Ill have them almost covered!!! meaning just allocating and wrapping – dispensing with the seasonal $$$ drain 🙂
    Truly blessed . . . loads to be thankful/grateful for . . . and didnt have too far too go to find them 🙂 Quack! Quack! from Duckie.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning all

I have been quiet for a while on all feeds but I am now back and ready to burn🤣🤣💞🌼

I have now not smoked for a month and 3 days😇😇😇😇. That is my biggest positive since I discarded my four stone yay❤️❤️

My son is doing better at school and has been off of his ADHD medicine now for a couple of months and he is my boy again. I knew the tablets changed him but I didn’t realise just how much! He is more loving and calmer now. It is awesome. He still dislikes school but since I had a big chat with him about me sticking to my side of the bargain and not smoking, he has improved his behaviour at school! Phew🤣❤️

I have only gained 7lbs since packing up the fags! I know it is a lot but I have read quite a few horror stories where people put on stones in the first month! So my half a stone is not too bad!

Finally you guys are a massive positive in my life and everyone’s, so thank you 💞❤️💞❤️💞❤️ Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Duckie – your time with your grandchildren sounds wonderful. Huge well done on having got the whole Christmas gift thing sorted already, it’s something I’m going to need to focus on now we are home again.
    Birdy – congratulations on your non-smoking achievement and I’m so pleased for you and your son, seems him coming off his meds has worked really well. You will soon get those 7lb sorted out, so don’t panic.
    My positives for today are ….
    1) Spent this morning sorting through gifts brought home from India and parceling them up for various friends and family members.
    2) Trip to the supermarket to get food for the next few days – first shop since returning home.
    3) So far the jet lag has been minimal, although I could happily curl up and go to sleep anytime from about 18.00!
    More positives anyone?

• posted by Natalie
    on

I was feeling very cranky and miserable this morning. I’ve had a horrible flu (mostly better but still coughing) and it ate the entire week that was supposed to be my relaxing time off work. I go back to work tomorrow and the kids back to school, I didn’t accomplish anything I wanted to and I didn’t have fun either, so I was feeling cheated. Then I remembered these forums and in particular this thread (I’ve been visiting this site on and off since it started however many years ago… three?… and I’m still more or less maintaining at about halfway to my goal weight) so I came here and cheered myself up reading the last few pages of positive thoughts. So many familiar names, and a few new ones. So much positivity through negative life events! Thanks for the boost, everyone!
    I’m sure I can come up with a few of my own, though they may not have happened today but they still make me happy when I remind myself of them so it still counts:
    1. My recent blood test showed blood sugar in the normal range! For the last ten years I’ve been pre-diabetic, sometimes horribly close to a diagnosis of diabetes, but it was finally down to normal this time. So happy with that. Blood pressure also normal at last visit, which it isn’t always.
    2. After being home with kids for years I retrained as a Library Technician. At the start of this year I took a job below my qualification level and a long commute away, to get a foot in the door. It worked! Three months ago I got a job at my proper skill level (better work, better pay) and in my dream location at an academic library around 15 mins drive away from home! So that mitigates the grumpiness of having to go back to work tomorrow.
    3. About the only thing I accomplished these holidays, I dragged myself to the hairdresser on Friday. I am really happy with the style. Working in a library I need to look smart yet friendly and approachable. “How can I help you” not “shhhhh.”

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Natalie, Welcome back and your positives are sparkling. Congrats on the blood sugar reading, and the new challenging job.
    Wendleg, I’m with you on jeggings. I never thought I would be a fan. But they are comfortable and flattering. Who knew? I suppose it could be related to the discard of a few stones too! Very best wishes for your new kitten. I’m sure s/he will keep you on your toes!
    SunnyB, So glad you enjoyed your holiday. I think your friends are going to be *very* pleased with your Indian presents.
    A bit early for positives but..
    a) a lovely mild, if damp, walk in autumnal colours this morning. Now that the pup is nearly 5 months, we can walk for a bit longer. That is good news on a number of fronts!
    b) I have managed to miss all news about Brexit this morning.
    c) Looking forward to our chamber choir concert this afternoon. If you want to hear a masterpiece of English choral music, then find Purcell’s “Lord, How long wilt thou be angry?” Not sure we shall match Clare College, but hope we do it justice!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Thanks Caronl, enjoy your concert! I love singing too, although I haven’t done it in public since having children. Too hard to commit the time. But now they are 15 and about to turn 13 I can probably manage it, I should look for musical theatre auditions nearby.
    Birdy that is so great giving up smoking! I had a boyfriend who went through that so I saw how hard it was. His trigger was being around colleagues and friends who smoked. It sounds like you have been staying strong.
    I love reading about everyone’s gardens (and pets). Time to get out into the spring!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie – welcome back and great news about your blood results. caronl, I’m definitely with you on the Brexit stuff. Was lovely not to hear about it while we were away.

Quiet w/e and pleased to say my body is syncing back into UK time pretty well. Only have another hour’s adjustment to make I think. Other positives for me are ….
    1) Unpacking done and a small start made on the holiday laundry.
    2) Scales say I’m up 2.5lb over the 3wks we were away, which is not as disastrous as I thought it might be. Currently carrying 7.5lb more than target weight (on account of not losing the pounds gained on our previous excursion, before going to India), so trying to refocused now to get rid of the excess before the festive season.
    3) Managing to keep a threatening cold at bay, fingers crossed it will die out before coming to anything.
    Hope you have all had a w/e packed full of positives and will be sharing a few with us.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello my ‘friends’! Good to see so many people posting here again and lovely to read all the positives.
    I’m full of cold at the moment but will post again very soon ….. keep positive ……

• posted by Natalie
    on

1. I woke this morning after a full night’s sleep not interrupted by coughing, my throat isn’t sore, no headache, nose barely blocked – it’s good to be alive again!
    2. In two strict days I’ve already discarded 1.2kg of ‘comfort carbs’ weight.
    3. I had a long stupid dream that included using a filthy public restroom. When I woke I was grateful we can dream things quite vividly but our body knows it’s not real and we don’t (ahem) ‘do’ anything in our sleep.
    4. Yesterday I decided that my daughter and I needed to cut down on chocolate and make it a weekend-only treat. She is 15, slender and athletic but with acne (and always willing to go along with anything). To remind us I decided to pack it away and got out a nice box. Five blocks of Lindt in different flavours. Lindt hot chocolate. Cadbury hot chocolate. Milo. Hmmm, need a bigger box. I swapped it for a shoebox. Two flavoured hot chocolate varieties. Chocolate syrup. Ok need both boxes. Then we have muesli bars with chocolate on them, choc chips and cocoa for baking, ‘Instant’ cupcake mix, chocolate ice cream (ok leave that in the freezer). Packed away, good work. Oh dear, I forgot the fancy chocolates in a dish in my bedroom, the ‘emergency chocolate’ in my handbag, and chocolate in my locker at work. I give up on finding everything. Just have to trust myself. I haven’t even checked Jasmine’s room. It was funny and illuminating!

• posted by Verano
    on

Pleased to say my cold is passing thanks to the help of paracetamol and lots of liquids.
    It’s so good to read all your positives.
    SunnyB welcome back and I’m so pleased you enjoyed your trip. What were the highlights?
    Enjoy your trip Wendy and pleased to hear your husband is well and truly on the mend now. You have so many positives it’s really good to read.
    Welcome back Natalie. It’s so good to know we still gave somewhere good to come to when we’re feeling low.
    Duckie, You must be so relieved that there is rain even if it’s not in abundance…… maybe tomorrow!
    Birdy, great going, you are doing brilliantly ! That tiny weight gain will go but the gains for your health will be immeasurable.
    Caron thank goodness you have been here posting too. I was starting to feel as though I was on a desert island!
    Anyway, so good to see so many positives around.
    I have a few too…
    1. Celebrated my Golden Wedding over the weekend which was lovely but also a little bitter sweet looking back at photos of friends and family no longer with us.
    2. Have been pretty good at sticking to my BSD plan this week and even had a small loss.
    3. Head finally in the right place!
    4. Away on a trip tomorrow for a little sunshine ….. so looking forward that!
    Keep positive …….

• posted by caronl
    on

Just popping in to say many congratulations Verano on your golden wedding anniversary. I hope you had a lovely day, even if there were bitter-sweet moments. And enjoy your trip tomorrow!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V – wonderful to see you posting. Congratulations and warmest wishes for your Golden Wedding. Well done on sticking with your BSD plan and achieving a discard. Enjoy that sunshine break.
    Natalie – glad you are on the mend from your cold and that’s a great scales result. Your chocolate story made me smile!
    Positives from me today …..
    1) The sun was actually shining this morning and I managed to get a couple of hours in the garden doing some autumn tidying. Still some to do and a bit of planting to sort – hopefully before the end of the week, as we are away at the w/e.
    2) Scales are down – just a smidge over a pound, but I’m happy that some progress is being made in the right direction.
    3) Have been catching up on emails to friends and planning some visits to see people before Christmas, so have some social events to look forward to.
    Keep posting those positives folks!

• posted by Natalie
    on

1. After five hours of shopping (and several hours last weekend) we finally found my daughter a dress for her Year 10 Formal! It’s lovely. Now we just have to find shoes.
    2. I finished a major work project yesterday that has taken a lot of my time for two months. Big sense of accomplishment.
    3. I found a lovely baby shower present, towel and little face washers with a cuddly unicorn motif.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Beginning of a new week and can start with some positives ….
    1. Lovely w/e catching up with friends
    2. Daughter, her friend and little boy came for lunch today. He’s one year old and cute as a button.
    3. Made a little progress on my planning for the festive season. Slowly but surely.
    How was your weekend and has your week started we’ll? Hope to read your positives soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m sure I can’t be the only person with positives to note, but I’m beginning to feel like I’m shouting into a vacuum! Come on folks, share some of those pluses with us ….. PLEASE.

My current positives …..
    1. A little pampering yesterday – all nicely waxed and presentable again.
    2. Two of the four birthdays I need to cover between now and Christmas have been sorted with gifts and cards bought.
    3. Progress on the scales is slow, but I’m not giving in!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi SunnyB! You aren’t alone but there do seem to be very few people posting on any of the threads. The ‘thriving’ community that once was seems to be a thing of the distant past. So no your not shouting into a vacuum but maybe a deep abyss!
    Anyway now I’m here I’ll post my positives…….
    1. Having a ten day break and really enjoying some downtime.
    2. Today I tried a pizza! I’ve not eaten pizza in over three years and my goodness it was disappointing. Just shows how the tastebuds really do change.
    3. They say ….. a change is as good as a rest ….. and I’m having both but I’m really looking forward to my LCHF life starting again soon.
    Keep positive ……….

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Verano and SunnyB. Sadly I was put off by earlier events and felt us ‘oldies’ were told we were dominating the site and not in a good way. Seems we might have been the ones keeping it going. At least some of us are still here so that is one positive. For me live is on a knife edge due to the political indecision but I wont go into that. In the meantime my positives are:-
    1. Lost 5lbs since 1st October – not fast loss but I am always on the plan anyway, just being much stricter, which leads to….
    2. No alcohol since 30th September, not for any reason other than doing the Sober October and it must be having a positive effect on my health. and…
    3. Just booked another cruise. Not getting too excited just yet as it is not until June 2021. We decided not to book anything for 2020 due to above political insecurity but we still have to have something to look forward to.
    Remember, there is always someone here to listen and to help and we should all keep on keeping on…

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    I am away in Northern Spain for a few days but just checking in to say I am still around 😉. .The journey down was horrendous with French rail strikes,cancellations and delays but we finally made it to Gerona albeit about 5 hours later than expected. The positives are that Gerona is a lovely place. We are right in the historic centre. Apparently Game of Thrones was filmed here..It is very atmospheric, charming and friendly despite the recent and ongoing unrest in Catalonia.
    We have been self catering in a lovely appartment and have found lots of fresh fish,veg and yoghurt from the local market which makes me happy. Also some very nice coffee !
    It rained very heavily during the night but brightened up to allow us to continue our sightseeing and walk along the city walls. Lots of cobbled streets but I have comfy trainers 😉
    Hubby has been walking lots without any major discomfort which is another positive.
    Tomorrow we move on to Sitges via Barcelona. Looking forward to discovering another new place. I must say after various ops this last year I am feeling much more sprightly and walking is now a pleasure.
    Will be back at work early November and then I have a trip to the UK to.look forward to..and seeing my younger son ☺️
    It’s all good .
    Lots of love to everyone. I agree the forum does seem less active . ..but we just have to keep the threads going as best we can ? Xx

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi everyone! Sobering week here for Duckie, friends and family 🙂 Just things which wake us up to how precious life and health are and need to be nurtured and treasured. Here Im giving grateful thanks for . . .
    1. Tuesday morning . . . saw me witness what could have been a tragic devastating event. (Those words doesnt even cover the description). After having done a good deed for a neighbour, Misses 9 and 11 were crossing the road to come home and be driven to school. I was in the car ready to be Nan’s taxi, and some other energy intervened to save both my grand-daughters being destroyed by a speeding driver – right outside their home. In a 50 zone this MAD driver was doing at least 80. My stomach is still recovering – my mind will be forever etched with the picture of Miss 9 flinging her arm across her sister’s chest shoving her backwards while screaming NO H . . .!!! as she heard the roar of the car.
    2. Longtime generous, giving female friend has a “troubled” partner . . . his (multiple) issues seem to have no end nor positive progress . . . and as such, have depleted her in all ways. The situation has transformed living standards, her mental state and general attitude towards life – the home has become an indescribable hoarders hollow – inside and out. “Stuff” suffocating and strangling all spaces in its reaches. After counselling, her therapy was to do something to look after herself . . . reclaim some space in her home just for her. She has bravely asked for my help. Why? Because she says Im a great organiser, and she believes me when I say/knows I dont judge her. She feels safe with me just “sorting” the dirty, broken, useless “things” and MOUNDS of ignored paperwork: me merely being a director through the maze she can no longer face or handle. Ive done two days and am heading for a third tomorrow . . . armed with some nice VERY EXCLUSIVE matching bedding from a charity store which can be used as couch and cushion covers. Im hoping by the time I leave she will have a nice lounge/sitting/TV room to relax in, refreshed with some “new” covers, carpet deodorised , vacuumed and burning candles for peace. Some BSD lunch will be taken so she can concentrate on what decisions she has to make as we clear the carelessly “dumped” “STUFF” this man brings home. I pray what space has already and more to soon be reclaimed – can be maintained. It is so bad, when I get back home, I undress outside my front door – bag my clothes, take them direct to the laundry – and get under the shower.
    3. Brother’s partner has been suffering depression for quite some time . . . no meds or councelling helping thus far, finally “they” have suggested – and she agreed – to go into care for a time for constant help. Praying for a turn around here.
    4. Hubby of a dear friend has had eye surgery for a “mysterious thing” deep within. THANKFULLY it has proven to be benign . . . and now the other eye needs to be cleared of a similar “thing”. Then cataracts can be addressed, and it seems there will be no loss of sight.
    The heat usually associated with summer downunder is already oppressive – night and day sometimes – 6 weeks out from the beginning of summer. Gardening isnt happening . . . its just too much for me in the heat: staying naturally cool even indoors is an artform – the stillness and dryness of no rain for so long is depressing/debilitating . . . Im watering my potted garden of tomato bushes, herbs, rhubarb, strawberries in a wheelbarrow, gardenias and roses through a drip system created from old milkbottles, re-filling those from a watering can. Birdbaths are being visited regularly by my feathered friends: seem they are also grateful for a drink and an occasional bath . . . Im most grateful not to be west of the range where some folks havent seen rain for years.
    Will be roasting a boned leg of pork this afternoon and making my seed cookies/bread pieces while the oven is on 🙂 A hearty hot meal tonight will be lovely, and cold (pork) meat with salad for a few days will be a nice change 🙂
    I feel like just cocooning for a bit to regain the massive amount of adrenalin expended . . . tomorrow is another day – and helping others perceived worse of than ourselves is very therapeutic. Quack Quack from Duckie.

• posted by Verano
    on

Heartening to see this thread is still ‘alive and kicking’!
    Sunshine-girl I must have missed the posts you are referring to but either way this is a ‘public’ forum and if others don’t like it then they should find somewhere else to be ‘happy’!!! I still get great boosts to my waning enthusiasm here so I’ll keep on keeping on …….
    Wendy good to hear that both your and your husbands health is improving and life is getting back onto an even keel. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
    Duckie, well, you really know how to put life into perspective! You sound like the sort of friend everyone would love to have. Take care of yourself as well.
    SunnyB …. see …. you called out and your voice is still being heard ….. fortunately! This thread still makes me smile so thank you for your perseverance.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you everyone for the posts – was heartening to see that so many of us are still here, still reading and still treading the BSD path.
    Verano – glad you are having a good time and that you are looking to return to the LCHF way of life soon. We all know it makes sense, but it’s all too easy to let things slide – am guilty myself and now struggling to get back on track and back to target weight. Not a lot to shift at the moment, but very conscious that if I don’t do it now, things could get much worse all too quickly.
    SG – I think that last forum spat impacted very negatively on a number of us ‘oldies’ and yes, ultimately it seems to have resulted in the forum activity markedly diminishing. Maybe we should be looking to make a come back – I for one have found being part of the forum overall very supportive and I miss it.
    Wendy – thank you for posting even while on vacation. So pleased that both you and Hubbie are fit and well enough to enjoy this time together. You must be very relieved that he has recovered after his nasty fall and that life can get back to normal. Enjoy the rest of your break away, you both deserve it.
    Duckie – once again, you inspire by finding the positives in even the worst of situations and I thank you for sharing.

It’s a bit early in the day for me to be posting positives, except to say that seeing such a great response to my call has been a wonderful boost. And, it’s proof that at least some of the ‘old crew’ are still reading posts and – hopefully – looking to be part of at least a small section of the forum again.

Thank you again. I’ll be back later to post those positives.

Please log in or register to post a reply.