Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Huge congratulations to you Kafin! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ…๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ So very well done. I know you have been working really hard towards this graduation and it is so well earned! Your first child will be very fortunate to have you advocating for them. โค Go forth!!! You are a strong woman ๐ŸŒบ

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you, Merry! ๐Ÿ’•

• posted by Elky
    on

Oh wow Kafin, that’s fantastic news – huge congratulations! What a fantastic way to make a difference in lives, you’re inspirational!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks, Elky – I’ve been assigned a 16 year old girl, and I’m terrified since my core expertise is in raising a male cat. Probably translates, right?

• posted by Elky
    on

Absolutely Kafin: male cat, 16 year old girl, it’s all the same lol Directly comparable experience! Seriously, I suspect the bit that *is* directly comparable is caring a lot, paying attention, and trying to do your best by cat and girl. You’ll be fine!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good early Florida morning Kafin,Elky, Melba and all!

Kafin, what a wonderful job you are starting. But then I am not surprised as this website really attracts the highest of quality individuals on it. Way to go on being sworn into such a wonderful and selfless career.

I am so grateful for
    1. A husband who really makes sure our home builders are on course and building our home exactly as contracted. I was over to the site yesterday and watched them pour the driveway!
    2. Access to a pool as it is almost 100 degrees these days
    3. My faith

Tuesdays are my favorite days as I get to play my violin all morning with a small acoustic band!
    Have a great day folks!

Cat

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Afternoon friends!
    Iโ€™ve been away to Deal, Kent for the weekend and my first positive is that despite all the yummy BBQ food and desserts laid out, I wasnโ€™t tempted to stray! Plenty of grilled lamb, pork, steak and chicken with plain salads. Sunday we went out for lunch where it was a bit trickier and I ended up with cottage pie, scraped off the mashed potato, and it was served with green beans. Then out for a curry on the night where I had spiced chunks of chicken breast on skewers with cooked peppers. I must admit, I wasnโ€™t hungry and it was more food than I am used to. So yesterday, apart from a small cooked breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs, I didnโ€™t eat again. I did have a few digestive problems yesterday though and some stomach pain. Too much food, and red wine which I did water down with soda water. I gained half a pound as of this morning.
    Violinist, Deal is close to Dover so the sea is partly the English Channel and partly the North Sea. We were so lucky with the weather. It was stunning!
    2nd positive is itโ€™s been 4 weeks since I last fell off my weekend bread wagon so I think Iโ€™ve finally kicked that habit!
    3rd positive, my friends loved my friendship bracelets that I made. So That was a relief!
    Enjoy the rest of your day, evening all. Iโ€™m back to work tomorrow so off to prepare some food. Duckie, think Iโ€™ll have a go at your mince, egg muffin cups as Iโ€™ve loads of eggs to use up!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Had hair done today.
    Also had sparkie here to install extra lights and power points in my workshop. Which gives me space for doing wood working projects, and storing my tools better.
    No weight loss to report again, but I am down to the last hole of my belt without having any spare tyre hanging over my belt. From here on in it will be time to make extra holes.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done Kazz on kicking the bread cravings !! No mean feat , fantastic ! Glad you had a fab weekend, and no significant damage, another cheer for Kazz !! I am so pleased the friendship bracelets were well received ! You have taken to the jewellry making so well !

Oooh having your hair done is a great boost, JGwen ! I know the numbers on the scale have no great significance for you, but well done on the shrinking waist ! Crikey is there no end to your skills ? Wood working also !! You really are an amazing women, JGwen !
    My big positive for today is that ( apart from my latest op being successful and hopefully I won’t need any more surgery for quite some time) is that O/H had a blood test this week after his recent diagnosis of being in the diabetic range. He is no longer in that range, down from 7 to 5.6 so my nagging paid off.!! He made significant changes ( not as hard core as me but he did well ๐Ÿ˜‰ His doctor will be pleased on Friday but I will be watching that he doesn’t get too complacent ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by JGwen
    on

I have a positive which is going to give me hours of fun. – I have moved over from the weight training program with research buddies to having free use for 3 months of the main weights room at the university. I went in to register and did my first session this morning. There was just one other person using the gym, a young lad who obviously took it all very seriously and had a towel with him to mop his brow from the exertion.

Only, with each machine I used after him I realised………… I am working out with a heavier weight than him………………….. Ohhh, am I going to have so much fun with this over the next few weeks. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by alliecat
    on

Are you feeling a tiny bit smug at the gym, JGwen? HaHaa! You indeed are that “powerful woman” you spoke of a
    while back, and it makes me smile from ear to ear. What a bonus to have 3 full months of free gym access! That
    you’ve discovered that strength training is the key for you when it comes to stress management when you have
    obnoxious guests on the farm is one HUGE plus, too! I’m always in your corner ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good evening all lovely to see so many positives๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

Mine today are al health related today๐Ÿ˜‰. I had blood tests yesterday for thyroid, cholesterol, diabetes and menopause, the menopause one came back that I am actually in the first stages but the doctor is not too concerned as I am just in apparently, not a positive in itself but it is! I now have it confirmed what I have been telling the doctors for months! They kept telling me I was too young(44) but I knew I was!

But my three are.

1 my Hba1c is 35 which is normal and I am so happy as I was on my way to diabetes before I started this woe. My bloods were 6 they went down to 4.1 just a few weeks after starting, so they have confirmed I am ok.

2 my cholesterol tested as 4.1, this has confirmed that I have no worry about eating high good fats, as I was getting worried with all that I have read lately that people had found that there cholesterol had gone up since being on this woe and discarding weight.

3. Last but not least my thyroid is all good too.

I know some of you have these things in your life and I probably would have if I hadnโ€™t started this woe when I did, so I know with us doing this woe we will get there and many more of you will be writing here that you have no worries anymore. Love and hugs Birdy๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿฆœ

• posted by caronl
    on

Congrats on the blood results, Birdy you must be very pleased. I hope the peri- menopause result wasn’t a downer. I suppose the pre- phase could last a long time!

Positives today:
    1) Enjoyed a lovely morning coffee at the beach today. In perfect peace – no background music, just the sound of the sea, the wind, and the birds.
    2) The seagulls didn’t poo on me this time!
    3) Anticipating a visit tomorrow to the local rosarium – always a delight of colour and scent.

Have a good Friday one and all.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you caronl I am over the moon. The menopause result wasnโ€™t a downer as it proved I was right all along and that I am in tune with my own body.๐Ÿฅฐ. The doctors had been saying I was too young but I knew I was. So confirmation is a good thing. I am not going to worry about it because all of us women go through it and being on this woe I know it will help with some or all of the side effects.๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿฆœ

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi guys! Happy Glasto weekend to those that are interested. I will be glued, particularly tomorrow when it’s too hot to go outside!
    Well done Birdy on the test results! I wish I’d discovered bsd when I was going through the meno. (Am 56, nearly 57) but I was lucky as my symptoms were pretty minor other than the face infusing out of nowhere several times a day which is embarrassing when your boss is speaking to you at the time! ๐Ÿ™‚
    My positives:
    1 – Summer has arrived and 30C tomorrow but for one day only!
    2 – Pay day!
    3 – Friday!
    4 – My 4 lawyers are all out of the office today – working from home – so I am left in piece to crack on, undisturbed!
    5 – My friend Denis is coming over next weekend to quote me on stripping my 3rd small bedroom from it’s built in wardrobe and drawers, and decorating and fixing up a work station which will be fixed to the wall on a baton with piano hinges and collapsible legs so that when not in use, it will lie flat against the wall if I have visitors staying over night. He’s also going to put up two or three rows of shelves high up for all my jewellery making stuff and my painting stuff. I am going to have my very own arty farty studio at last! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Caron, you made me smile – I was dodging the seagulls last weekend. They were enormous and fly straight at you! Glad you missed their “present”. Good job cows don’t fly!
    JGwen – excellent news on obtaining a further 3 month complimentary gym sessions! I wished you lived nearer. I could do with someone like you to help me open my pickled gherkins! Darn lid is on so tight!
    Okay, back to the grind, see you all later! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kazzeexx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello Positive People
    Some new threads being set up but I wanted to return to one of my favourites so it doesn’t get forgotten !

My positives :

I am feeling positive about my hernia op healing. It’s all going well ,no meds, no dressing, just Golden Lattes and arnica granules !
    It’s cooler here today …29 degrees !
    Washing dries in no time !
    One week to go to our trip to Sardinia !
    My eldest son is coming back to France for the month of August ๐Ÿ™‚ My other son is coming at Christmas !
    I am awaiting delivery of my Gudrun Sjoden outfits ( I only buy in the sales, honest ๐Ÿ˜‰ As you know I managed to sell a lot of my bigger sizes and now I can buy size M (not L or XL) I have to be careful though..the idea was to make more space in my wardrobe !!! Ooops…
    The birds are singing their little hearts out in the garden.

This time last year I was reading and researching as much as I could about nutrition/ BSD/ weight loss in yet another attempt to tackle my obesity. Feeling so much better and lighter 10 months later ! Totally life changing and enriched by having made some wonderful friends !! Thank you everyone xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

This is one of my favourite threads too!
    I have lots of positives at the moment but will stay with just three …..
    1. Home again after over three weeks of travels with just a 1.4lb weight gain! I canโ€™t believe that Iโ€™ve internalised this way of life so well!
    2. Have restarted my campaign to get rid of 2018โ€™s gain once and for all….. 11lb down just 16.4lb to go !! I still count this as a โ€˜positiveโ€™!
    3. Just enjoying being at home. Thereโ€™s nothing quite like your own bed!
    Hope Tuesday is a positive day for everyone.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi, I’m back after too long away from the threads.

Lovely to discover the news of Wendleg and Birdy, and so my positives are:

1. A full set of blood tests returned results that I am in tip top health.
    2. Cholesterol is in normal range after 6 months of low carb, something that I am delighted with.
    3. My BSL is 5.4 which is in normal range and my GP is delighted with this.
    4. I have just returned from holiday with my mum, and we enjoyed many special moments staying in central London. I got to be a tourist in my own town, great fun.
    5. Pilates is proving to be a great resource for stretching exercises.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just wanted to pop in and say โ€˜Helloโ€™.
    Itโ€™s a while since I last posted but I love just having to think of the positive . So to mine……
    1. Came over the Yorkshire moors today and was amazed to see so many wild lupins, just magnificent!
    2. Hair cut and coloured today and feel 10 years younger!
    3. Home again to my own bed and so looking forward to it!
    Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Patricia
    I’ve just read your post on the temp? cholesterol thread and it reminded me I hadn’t responded to your post on here which I’d meant to do. It’s always really lovely to read when people get positive results from their blood checks. Congratulations! Also, to Birdy for your results and to your OH, Wendleg.
    Kafin – congratulations to you too – I knew a guy many years ago who did something similar and it can make such a difference. You’ll be great.
    Well, I don’t often read this thread but I should do (or even post), as it definitely puts a smile on my face.
    Jennie xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Almost a week since the last positive thought on here…. So here goes:
    1) the garden is getting a good drink!
    2) the satisfaction of completing jobs that I have been putting off. We hired a carpet cleaner yesterday, and I keep going to admire the stair carpet!
    3) heading to the market for inspiration for Sunday lunch guests. So nice to have the market in easy reach.
    Oh and looking forward to the tennis!

Have a good Friday.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

My positives are
    1 Spending time in lovely Essex sharing food and conversation in a garden by the sea.
    2 Swimming in the sea mornings and evenings with my friends
    3 Exploring this part of England.

I’m so pleased that Kafin is enjoying her new responsibilities, and taking on a radical diet approach. Wishing you the best.

Birdy, that throat bug has been hard to throw off, but I think Dr Fung would approve of the egg fast, once you are back at full strength.

Wendy, you are amazing. Alghero is lovely, and you are taking advantage of it’s great food and culture. Have fun!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you Patricia! Hearing that from you has inspired me to write some positives which I havenโ€™t done in a while!
    1. Iโ€™m just about to leave to go meet my first child for my advocacy program. Sheโ€™s 16 and has severe burns and amputations so Iโ€™m just hoping I can help her with whatever she needs. I know that doesnโ€™t sound positive for her but in reading the reports, sheโ€™s doing really well and Iโ€™m ready to go to battle to get her everything!
    2. Got new batteries for my breathalyzer – it was a pretty boring evening, let me tell you, no breathalyzer and no TV since I stole the batteries from the remote. I just kind of sat there…all good now!
    3. Laundry is done! Laundry is an issue when you live in an apartment and have to share one machine and dryer with the other occupants of the building. Plus itโ€™s $1.25 for each and they only take quarters so Iโ€™m forever scrabbling around in Albertโ€™s college fund to provide for my laundering needs! But no more for two weeks now! I have a lot of clothes ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Verano
    on

Kafin just good to โ€˜hearโ€™ you sounding so good. You ARE in a good place! Just keep going!

• posted by Christine70
    on

1. Seeing the sun out and feeling the warmth on my back ๐ŸŒž
    2. Watching the smiles on my young childrens faces spending time and cuddling their elderly and frail grandparents today โค๏ธ
    3. Knowing no matter what my weight and how bad I feel about my body ๐Ÿ˜ข, I have a family who love me ๐Ÿค—

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Well mixed bag for Duckie to share . . .
    1. Only two hours sleep tonight – means when I got up, showered and till couldnt sleep – I saw the last of the Federer/Nadal semi at Wimbledon . . .
    2. Rearranged the contents, and cleaned the refrigerator afterwards . . .
    3. Have done some major shredding and sorting of old papers and bills . . .
    4. Made some minor alterations to my “formal loungeroom” which has changed the energy
    5. Finished adding bubble wrap to the lower sections of my windows which has noticeably increased the warmth in my home.
    6. Thoroughly vacuuming today or tomorrow – depending on my energy levels after little sleep – will see me well pleased with my early Spring cleaning ๐Ÿ™‚ However I do feel the zumba class may have to be rainchecked until next weekend ๐Ÿ™‚ Quack! Quack!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello to all those posting and reading positives, having been absent for sometime, I’m pleased to be posting again, especially with some positives.
    1) pretty much settled back in now we are back in the UK. Have tasked myself with tackling a few chores a day to get us back to normal.
    2) have made a solid start at knocking the garden back into share. Sadly several plants perished while we were away, but I have plans to add in new ones.
    3) have middle grandson saying for a few days. Lovely to get to spend sometime with him.
    Hope to see others posting some positives today, will look forward to reading them.

• posted by alliecat
    on

It’s really REALLY good to have you back, Sunny! You have been missed ๐Ÿ™‚ My balcony garden never came together this
    year…I just don’t know what happened to my free time. I do have something positive to share, though. One of my
    orchid plants has outdone itself by producing an auxillary branch, and is now sporting 11 flowerbuds! Since I basically
    have a “black thumb”, this is quite exciting. Negligence seems to suit them! I’m sorry about the casualties in your garden
    while you’ve been away, but you will soon repair the damage. Which plants did you bring back with you from Turkey?
    WELCOME HOME!

• posted by Verano
    on

Welcome home Sunny! Glad you had a good holiday but sorry about the garden. I have a very โ€˜greenโ€™ garden which almost looks after itself for that very reason. Although we were never away for a spell as long as yours we were away often so I developed an almost flower free garden!
    Well done with orchid Allie they are indeed hardy souls although I have to admit to killing them in the past!
    So to my positives……
    1. Iโ€™ve just written on the โ€˜Julyโ€™ thread that my โ€˜diabetesโ€™ status, according to my doctor, is officially โ€˜diabetes in remissionโ€™. Iโ€™ve never know how to answer the question of whether or not I have T2 ….. now I know!
    2. Feeling much brighter than I did this morning after having pretty high protein brunch. I know we should moderate protein but Iโ€™ve been so hungry lately so itโ€™s good to find an answer. Certainly wonโ€™t eat again until tonight now!
    3. Still plodding through the โ€˜Obesity Codeโ€™. I donโ€™t know why I find Fung such hard work but on the positive side heโ€™s no where near as โ€˜heavyโ€™ as Taubes! (Sorry Taubes fans)
    Friends for dinner tonight so roast chicken and Mediterranean vegetables followed by berries is on the menu. Canโ€™t do too much damage with that …. I hope!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Major positive..they didnt cancel our flight.! Waiting to board.Will hopefully post again from home ! Xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hope you have a good journey now Wendleg. Another positive is that you were in Sardinia rather than Corsica – all that flooding and such a storm!

Some positives:
    1) House now ready for the arrival of our labrador puppy tomorrow. Mostly excited, and a little nervous!
    2) There seem to be more bees in the garden which is encouraging.
    3) After guests and events, I am psyching up to get back to basics from tomorrow. In 50 days time I have a reunion and I want one of those JGwen jaw-dropping moments!

Welcome back Sunny!

2)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Big thank you for the welcomes. Feeling like I’m really back now, so will be catching up with the forum properly in the coming days. Looking forward to understanding how everyone is doing and being part of the BSD crew again.
    Hope the rest of your journey home is not too arduous Wendy.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Calling all of you with positives in your life – PLEASE post some of them here. Yes, I have been AWOL for a few days again, but have been logging in some positives, a few of which are below ….

1) Have just been out in the garden between rain showers and picked myself a mini nosegay of one sweetpea, two pinks, three lavender blooms and one beautifully scented red and white striped rose.
    2) OH has finally managed to get my tech sorted out and I now have a fully functioning laptop again … Yippee!!
    3) Have the Turkish cay (tea) kettle on for a little nostalgic taste of Turkey.

Hoping to see some of your positives soon. Have a wonderful weekend folks.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Sunny – welcome back!
    My positives…
    1 – Studio/craft room/den/girlcave almost finished. ๐Ÿ™‚
    2 – New bedstead ordered, delivery next Saturday!
    3 – Finished the egg fast a day early, lost 3 lbs.
    4 – It’s Friday and more running around tomorrow, then Sunday much more relaxed with a catch up with mum and bro and SIL and hopefully a skype sesh in the afternoon ….
    5 – Nipping off 5 mins early to catch earlier train as no one around – everyone either on hols or WFH!
    6 – Groceries ordered online and collecting tomorrow – 8 weeks since last touched any bread… finally cracked it I hope!
    See you all later! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny your nosegay sounds lovely. The thought of it brightened an otherwise wet day.
    Kazz you are doing so well with bread. Iโ€™m so impressed with 6 positives!
    Thank you all once again for making me smile especially on a day like today which has been full of confrontational phone calls. But I do have positives ……
    1. Last night I had one slice of toasted Vogel bread with butter and it was so delicious, especially as I eat bread so rarely. One day Kazz you will enjoy a slice of really good bread occasionally, like others enjoy a glass of really fine wine!
    2. Resolved a problem with lots of anguish but a good outcome.
    3. Had a manicure, pedicure and eyebrow tint which are all guaranteed to lift the spirits.
    4. Have a very last minute, totally unexpected, trip from Sunday but will still try and pop in and post my positives.
    Have a good weekend everyone!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Kazz!! Lovely positive report! Thank you for sharing . . .
    and Sunny The NoseGay sounds very Victorian an exquisitely delicate touch ๐Ÿ™‚
    My positives are . . .
    1. A beautifully sunny windless day – clear blue skies and midwinter . . . a REAL blessing ๐Ÿ™‚
    2. The culling and shredding of old papers etc, is completed! . . . well save for (yet) another small stache I came across late last night . . . I closed the cupboard door and said . . . another time!!! Paper is “dead wood” so cutting ALL this deadwood from my living space has been cleansing and freeing to the soul!!! Along with my BSD kilo discard!!!
    3. Someone mentioned a visual of their achievements . . . well I picked up my little 1kg hand weight today and was astounded that around 12 of these has been discarded . . . let alone what I was carrying around with me every minute of very day!!!
    4, While Ive not been looking . . .:) Daffodils are arisen and got dressed – and what seems like wild – (or at least self sown) beautiful tiny tiny blue forget-me-nots are EVERYWHERE – surrounding the “looking down” daffodils, through the lawn, and every space available between others struggling to cope with the drought, frosts and winter winds ๐Ÿ™‚ They are probably a weed cos the flowers are singular – not in a cluster ๐Ÿ™‚ I dont care they can be/are MY forget-me-“knots”!!! Out the back Daphne has given forth to a million tiny buds and anticipation of the perfume is high!!!
    Life is good ๐Ÿ™‚ and Im here – happy in my newly refreshed bushy backwater duckpond lapping it up . . . and so grateful to so many past and present, to be well enough to enjoy it!!! Quack! Quack!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Duckie – weeds are only flowers no one wants, so if you want the ones that have appeared in your garden, flowers they are! I adore Daphne, but have not been hugely successful in keeping them. My one looks very sad compared to those I see elsewhere.

Anyway, my positives for today are ….
    1) Despite plenty of overnight rain, we have a lovely sunny day here today.
    2) Laundry finally up to date … for now at least!
    3) Looking forward to streak and salad for dinner this evening.
    Simple pleasures, but pleasures nonetheless.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny I love your description of weeds!
    Well Iโ€™ve had a really busy day one way and another but a very positive one too …..
    1. Washing and ironing up to date. I hate leaving laundry when I go away.
    2. Bed changed.
    3. Out for a Thai meal tonight in my favourite place.
    4. Lovely sunny day after a day of torrential rain yesterday. I see the temperatures are set to soar early next week …. so enjoy!
    Have a good Sunday!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    I need to check back in on this thread !
    My positives :
    1) I discarded another little pound …it all counts !
    2) Hubby said he was making himself a curry …and prepared cauli rice with no nagging oops prompting from me ! He does seem to be making consistent changes now !
    3) My eldest son arrives from Australia at the beginning of August…can’t wait to hug him !
    4) One of my sisters is visiting for a couple of weeks mid August and will get to see him too
    5) Summer continues and it’s a lovely time of year..lots of summer ‘vide greniers’, markets and brocantes ‘ to go to !
    6) I am enjoying wearing my smaller sized summer dresses and wacky earrings !
    Yes, we are finally sorted with unpacking and laundry too !
    Have a great weekend everyone xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Happy weekend, everyone! It’s 38C here today, and I can’t find many positives in that! I have no real complaints though,
    because our apt. has central air conditioning. I have created a very refreshing drink for the summer, today, and thought
    I’d share it before it slipped my mind. I used Birdy’s method for simmering grated fresh ginger in a modest amt of water
    with the pan covered for 20-30 min, and then lined a fine sieve with a paper towel, and dumped the liquid through it.
    When it was cool enough to handle, I squeezed the juice out of it, and filled an ice tray with the brew and froze it. Today
    I made double strength tea, and when it cooled, I added it to a tall glass with two cubes of ginger juice and a handful of
    ice. Popped a slice of lemon it, and have been really enjoying it today! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by caronl
    on

Love all the positives!
    1) Feeling more human today after a decent night’s sleep – Birdy how do you manage it???
    2) The puppy is a total sweetheart, and becoming a bit more predictable in his toilet habits!!
    3) A lovely summer’s day and the garden seems to be sighing with pleasure from the rain yesterday.
    4) Have been back to basics for three days. Sometimes taking back control can mean something positive! Onwards and downwards.
    Have a good Sunday one and all. Glad you have airco, Allie!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Caron, I simply loved reading your description in #3 of your rained upon garden! New puppies are great fun, but a lot
    of clean up involved when they are learning… ๐Ÿ™‚ What breed of dog did you welcome into the family?

• posted by Verano
    on

Just one positive for me today. Packed, arrived at airport and assistance and security etc were a breeze. Lovely quiet and relaxing time in an airport!!!
    Have a good Sunday, whatโ€™s left if it!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Allie. He is an 8 week old blonde labrador. Very cute. ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a nice trip Verano!

• posted by alliecat
    on

How sweet, Caron! I’m imaginingng the puppy with oversize feet!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Oh Sunny! I love that analogy! Ive come to the conclusion Daphne is shy . . . or aloof . . . or s bit of both. I do believe she is independent! I out this bush n arund 10-12 years ago . . . not long after I moved here. It is reasonably sheltered by a canvas canopy of a gazebo . . . and a large camellia bush. The ground where these two cohabitate is rather deep soil, VERY WELL MULCHED by all the fallen leaves, so no doubt rich and well drained as it is then a 2-3′ step down to the courtyard. I rarely water this garden, thoough if there has been no shower or rain for a few weeks she gets a drink . . . but thats it! I NEVER teim or cut it back . . . and only a few springs are ever given away or put in the house. A florist once offered me lots of folding stuff for the blooms . . . but I declined ๐Ÿ™‚ So I think if left alone to do their own thing . . .? maybe thats the answer. I must admit the climate here has more definition to the seasons so maybe they like that change. My positives are :
    1. Finally fund something to mount my giant elkhorn onto so I can put back in the bushgarden somewhere.
    2. Decided to get on scales at sons place . . . . just for the heck of it . . . and to make sur there were no nasty surprises n store when I visit the GP in around 4 weeks time. Was pleased to see Im maintaining 81kg. Been that for around 6 months now. Happy and comfortable at that . . . so if no more discards are too come . . .. alls well with my world.
    3. Some gorgeous up-to-date studio pics of my grand-daughters were unveiled on the weekend. Havent closed my mouth yet! they are SO GOOD!!! AND natural!!! Some up-to-date candids of my grandsons while on holidays have been forwarded and Im on the lookout for a nice frame in which to put them ๐Ÿ™‚
    Have a great week wherever you are at! and no matter how small . . .I hope there are some silverlinings to be discovered for everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ Quack! Quack!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the tips on keeping Daphne, Duckie. I’ll persist with mine.
    How lovely to have new photos of your grandchildren. We have a digital photo frame, which I update a few times a year, so that we can have a rolling reminder of family, friends and places we love

Positives from me today ..
    1) spent several productive hours today, working on compiling our village newsletter for next month. Not quite finished, but close!
    2) yummy crunchy mixed salad for lunch, dressed simply with a little salt, lemon juice and a few drops of Tabasco chipotle sauce.
    3) unexpectedly it’s raining at the moment, which means I won’t need to water the garden this evening.

Anyone else have any little positives today?

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon.
    Sunny thank you for the reminders to think of our โ€˜positivesโ€™. Itโ€™s sometimes so easy to let the good things in our lives slip by without too much thought. So to my positives ……
    1. Sat next to a person on the plane who had just been diagnosed with pre-diabetes. So we had a long, long, long chat! I was delighted to pass on the โ€˜wordโ€™!!!
    2. Have restarted my meditation course after letting it fall by the wayside these last few weeks. Iโ€™m so relaxed Iโ€™m falling asleep whilst meditating!
    3. Iโ€™m finally starting to be able to use my meditation techniques during everyday life situations. They work! Managing to eat really well despite temptations at every turn in this hotel.
    Have a good day.

• posted by BrendaAnderson
    on

Oh that’s very good and this is very helpful for mental health.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for dropping in Brenda. Hopefully you will tell us a few of your positives next time you post here, as we’re grateful for all contributions.
    V, wonderful that you were able to pass your flight time, passing on ‘the word’. Meditation is something I would like to make a bigger part of my life too. Definitely something I should give some time too.
    Okay, here are some positives from my little corner of the world ….
    1) Lovely long skype chat with Allie this afternoon. Fun to show off a couple of fashion purchases and catch up face to face on news.
    2) Made arrangements with daughter to collect their rabbit tomorrow, so that he can come to us for his holidays while they are away next week. Like having him to stay – another little heartbeat in the house for a week.
    3) Quiet evening in with OH, not to be underestimated.

Please log in or register to post a reply.