Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon. The sun is shining here and all is well with the world!

Allie I have never made asparagus soup but I do love poached or fried eggs on top of asparagus for brunch. I also used it as a base under Thai curry it seems to blend so well. As for drinking I’ve become addicted to green jasmine tea and have several pots a day. Just makes a change from water. And orchids … they should be dryish so water them but let the water drain out as they should never be left ‘standing’ in water. I’m really lazy about watering plants and my orchids seem to thrive!

Thanks SunnyB. Sounds like a great trip. I think maybe an organised trip is the way to see India. Will put it on my bucket list!

Kazz so glad you are feeling back in control. I’m almost there just need to be a little more vigilant.

So to my positives for today ……
    1. Visit to the hairdressers so feeling ‘human’ again.
    2. Very healthy lunch of chicken broth with a few carrots and some wilted spinach. I always keep baby spinach in my fridge now. I had never realised before just how versatile it can be.
    3. Made a lovely garlic cauliflower mash last night. I’d forgotten just how good that can be and I even had enough left to freeze a portion.

JGwen take a bow ….. well done on reaching your initial target. Now it’s just onwards to reaching your final goal. You must be feeling, justifiably, proud of yourself. Take another bow … a great achievement.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Deeply heartfelt congratulations, JGwen! I always knew that this day was on the horizon for you 🙂 We enjoy
    celebrations on this thread, so today we’re thinking “party for you”! Thank you for sharing your achievement!

Thank you for the info or orchids, V. I now have a starting point to hopefully not kill this anniversary plant 🙂
    I prefer Thai curries to Indian ones, and I have just the recipe to try with asparagus!

Positives for today:

temp is going into the 80’s(F) today, and I’m in a sleeveless shirt and a pair of denim crop pants from last
    Spring! My weight has remained stable for the past year, but I had a moment of demented (hysterical)
    fear before I dressed that they might not fit! How idiotic is that???
    I haven’t weighed myself in about 10 days (transit issues), but hopped on the scales this morning, and I’m
    sitting pretty at a .5lb down from last recorded weight. I’ve begun to believe that I’ve established a very
    reliable new set point, something I never expected to ever see again. Keeping carbs low allows me to
    eat a bit above my TDEE, though I’m seldom motivated to do so. Smiles all around 🙂 🙂 🙂

Think positives, post positives!

Allie

• posted by Marsie
    on

JGwen, how wonderful to have reached this goal and to have clear plans to carry on to the next. You would be feeling wonderful, I’m sure. Congratulations and good wishes 🙂

• posted by Nicola12
    on

I have tried to post here 4 times now but it’s not showing up! Apologies if the tinternet catches up and it ends up posting them all!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Nicki, sometimes we can become “unregistered” without realizing it! Could this possibly be the problem?

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Thanks Allie, I’ve just logged in again but no joy!
    I’ll try and copy and paste below and see…

JGwen congratulations, what an incredible loss! You must be floating on air today.
    After a negative end to the week, I’ve started this week with a new positivity! Today’s positives are:
    **after spending around 14 hours in the car over the last few days for work, I’ve managed to listen to a ton of health/diet podcasts. I feel now that I’m really understanding carbs/fat etc, and am feeling really hopeful. I’ve never done a ‘diet’ before which has left me feeling like I have the tools to control my weight for life, but that’s exactly how I feel now! I’m actually feeling a tad emotional about it!

**a month today I’ll be waking up for the first time in my new home in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

**I made some low carb granola last night which is absolutely delicious! Annoyingly I followed the recipe exactly, which included sweetener, which has made it super sweet. I may gift this one mto the boyfriend and make one without the sweetener tonight!

• posted by pkd2004
    on

My positive for today is trying slim pasta from Holland & Barratt for the first time. It was really filling – 18 cals and 0 carbs! I can definitely recommend – in the shop I was advised to rinse it really really well which I did – apparently really fishy if you don’t! Will be trying the rice too but reviews for that not as good! It all helps 😁👍

• posted by Mel First Timer
    on

That stuff is amazing pkd2004 I even tried growing it once. It tricks the eyes into thinking pasta so you don’t feel like you are on a diet eating heaps of veggies. Yes you have to rinse otherwise it tastes pretty bad.

For rice try Cauliflower, put it into a food processor then add a bit of olive oil and bake in the oven. Makes for a good rice stand in and 25cal per 100g easy on the calories. You can also add garlic etc to give it some different flavours.

• posted by pkd2004
    on

Thanks Mel First Timer – I’ve tried Morrison’s cauliflower rice and broccoli rice (love it!) but never tried making it – I should try – I have left over raw broccoli from tonight’s tea!

• posted by JGwen
    on

A few months ago I was made unregistered while entering a post, but when it happened I was then blocked from logging on. – It was while they were upgrading their spam system, and they fixed it within a couple of hours.

• posted by trulose23
    on

Good Afternoon (or Good Morning to those lovely Northern Hemispherers!)

Greetings from a surprisingly sunny NZ. Haven’t had the best of weeks this week, but reading your positives have made me smile through the worst of it so thank you!

I may be a tad premature doing my 3 positives when its still lunchtime, but oh well… here they are.
    1) IT’S FRIDAY!!! After quite a stressful week (interspersed with a migraine and a small tumble into a bush – one caused the other XD), the end of the week couldn’t have come quick enough.
    2) Weighed myself this morning – I’m now down 3.3kgs since the 19th April when I started the Fast 800 so definitely happy there and keeping on track, even with a few moments of leaping brazenly off the wagon.
    3) After several stressful months of hard work with battling the PhD, OH has finally (FINALLY) taken a few days off at home to rest and a happy and well rested OH, makes for a very much relieved ME.

Looking forward to reading your positives, I hope you’re all doing well and keep up the recipes – I’m learning so much from lurking/scrolling through your replies.

-Tru

• posted by Nicola12
    on

I give up! There’s something about that post it doesn’t like. I’ve tried logging out and logging in but that didn’t work 😕
    My positives were:
    *a month today I’ll be waking up for the first day of our new life in Scotland
    *I found an amazing low carb granola recipe. I followed it to the letter including sweetener, and it’s far too sweet for me, so I’ve given it to the boyfriend. Other than the sweetness it was delicious though so I’ll make an undsweetened one for myself!
    *My boyfriend and I have started sharing 3 positive things when we come home in the evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on your persistence to get your post included, Nicola and I love the idea of sharing three positive things with your OH at the end of the day – might steal that one!

Big whoop of joy to JGwen – huge congratulations on hitting that major milestone and I have absolute confidence you will soon be telling us of getting to the next one too.

I have thirty odd orchids Allie and find they are very tolerant and much hardier than you might expect. I water mine more or less weekly, but it will depend on the temps they are kept in and the size of the orchids – I water my babies a little more often.

So, a quick couple of positives from me –
    1) We had our balcony glassed in with tinted bifold doors yesterday and it looks great and will mean we can use the space even if the weather is a little inclement. Current disadvantage is that we aren’t allowed to open them for the next two days, until the sealant has hardened.
    2) Getting prepped for a friend coming to stay with us next week – looking forward to having her company and giving her a taste of what Turkey has to offer.

• posted by alliecat
    on

How stunning, Sunny, to have 30 orchids! Do you have a conservatory? They remind me of butterflies, for some reason!
    Thank you for the advice.

We’ve had a big blast of 91F heat around here, and I woke up to all the pin cherry trees in full blossom this morning!
    They aren’t cultivars, just the by product of birds dropping seeds at the edge of the woods. With a burst of wind, they
    look like snowflakes on the wind. Such a beautiful time of year!

• posted by caronl
    on

Fantastic news JGwen on the riding lesson. Good luck Nicola12 in the run up to your move. Exciting times.
    1) I had a lovely walk along the beach today. Second day in a row, but the light today was totally different. The sea was almost a luminous blue.
    2} The garden is looking good – I have filled all the gaps where plants died in the winter cold.
    3) Sunshine-girl is back!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone my three today
    ….
    1. Had a lovely lunch with OH and SiL.
    2. The sun is shining and it’s great to feel some warmth again.
    3. Relaxing in a beautiful country house hotel for a few days but staying BSD friendly!
    Enjoy the weekend.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

My positives today are
    – Dentist check-up went well – no treatment needed.
    – While walking through M&S i saw a lovely summer blazer in a beautiful shade of blue – and it fitted beautifully
    – It was heavenly to see some sunshine after all the horrible weather

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon. Hope everyone has been enjoying the warm spell in the UK. So my positives are …..
    1. Lots of outdoor eating. Food always tastes better in the open air!
    2. Lovely to relax and read outside.
    3. Have started the trial at Headspace and really enjoying it. Just wondering if anyone has signed up for the subscription course?
    Hope all is well with everyone and the vibes are only positive!

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Happy dance for me today….am now down a total of 60 lbs and have passed all my old yo-yo loss lows. Have now broken through an 18 yr ceiling and even though I have another 30-40 lbs to go feel like I have rejoined the “normal person” club.

One of the big positives for me now is that I don’t have to try on 5 or 6 items of clothing to find something that halfway fits to go out now. Everything fits so much better and looks decent.

Positive #2: just getting in and out of the car is so much easier.

Positive #3: can do stairs without hauling myself up and down using the handrail. Feeling more confident and less tenuous on stairs as well (now use one handrail vs 2). And now taking the stairs instead of the elevator as long as I don’t have parcels I am totting.

Am so releived I am back in “the zone” for me. Am now doing just one meal a day plus coffee with cream for breakfast and lunch and it is working. I had hit a patch where I was eating too many nuts and too much cheese and it was causing my hunger to reappear even though under 800 cal. On the lower calorie and super low carbs that all thankfully disappeared.

Positive #4: will be spending all of Mothers Day with my son. We are planning an outing so see the Cezanne portraits exhibit at the National Gallery in DC and lunch out. Bliss. Can’t wait.

And wishing a Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers as well as all the BSD “motherers” who keep us all going.

Love, LTC

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Lots of positives:-
    1. been shopping to my favourite fruit and veg superstore and stocked up on lots of lovely veg
    2. chased up the side of the chest of drawers we bought which had a piece missing – 9 weeks on they say it will be in on Tuesday
    3. opened our swimming pool and it is now nice and clean and waiting for it to warm up so I can get in

• posted by alliecat
    on

Luv, may I be your designated dance partner? I’m smiling and laughing, not at you, but sharing
    the joy of all your positives today! 🙂 🙂 🙂 I have the same recognition whenever I use the
    stairs or get in and out of the car. How about this one? Being able to take a bath in the
    tub without fearing that I can’t hoist myself out! (think of a turtle on it’s back). Wonderful,
    wonderful post, and everything will continue to only get better. I never want to forget where
    I came from. No more unladylike grunts getting out of a chair either! I’m so happy that
    you shared your news.
    Happy Mother’s Day. I envy the day you have planned with your son! I adore the National
    Gallery and the Metropolitan. Would you have been able to stand/walk through the exhibit
    a year ago? Just another positive to share next week 🙂
    Have a glorious weekend, everyone!

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Congratulations LTC! That’s fantastic! Drum roll!!
    My positives:
    1 – I seem to be getting a bit better mastering the ridiculously high clutch bite on new car – anyone else got a peugeot 208, 1.2? A nightmare in stop start traffic on an incline! 4th day of driving it. I’ll not let it get the better of me, but easy driving, it SO isn’t!
    2 – Have stayed on plan but forgot to have a peep on the scales this morning, too busy fretting about driving the car!
    3 – It’s Friday!!
    Enjoy, fellow travellers!
    Kx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sorry, trundlebug! I meant to share my stats with respect to BP…When I began the process
    of reclaiming my life, BP was 160/90, and my chloresterol was sky high. First follow-up
    blood tests were 6 months later, about 90lbs. down. BP 120/70, chloresterol “within optimal
    range”. I sincerely hope that you’ll see the same improvements 🙂 Best!

Allie

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Allie, you have been my designated dance partner since Day 1 on this journey. I would have never started it at all without your early encouragment and continuing support along the way.

I have not gotten to the take a bath point yet….holding that as a treat for the future. When I lived in Harrisburg I was in an old turn of the century brownstone apartment with penny black and white tiled floors and a clawfoot tub. Use to love to put on some lovely music, light some candles and soak, soak, soak. Maybe once again in the not too distant future.

PS: speaking of support….any news of Esnecca? I hope she is simply too busy with all the demands of making a new house a new home. But I do miss her and her wisdom and knowledge, and blunt good common sense. Hope she will pop in from time to time if not to return as before.

• posted by caronl
    on

Many congratulations Luvtcook! Fabulous news. Getting rid of 60lbs is a brilliant achievement. Like you, I am missing Esnecca’s words of wisdom, and also her way with words. It would be good to “see” her.

Positives for today:
    1) Added a lot of colour to the garden by “cheating” with some pots – too impatient to wait for the usual plants to flower!
    2) Made some progress in my head on how to maintain. Now need to put it into practice.
    3) Visited our wonderful market today. Now stocked up with courgettes, aubergines, avocados, and (living dangerously) fruit. The latter mainly for the rest of the family!

• posted by Verano
    on

What wonderful positives! So pleased you have revitalised this thread LTC and very well done on reaching another milestone.
    My three …
    1. Had a lovely manicure and pedicure today. Always feel good with newly polished nails.
    2. Many great posts today which have made me cry and smile but above all have helped me to strengthen my resolve.
    3. Have finally worked out my WHY…..
    Have a good weekend.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have been out of the loop whilst entertaining a first time visitor to Turkey, but am now able to contribute again. Well done to you LTC and good to have you posting again V. Shame this thread seems to have lost a bit of momentum, but here are a couple of positives from me anyway.
    1) Whilst our visitor was here, I know I gained a bit, but action plan now activated and things getting under control again.
    2) having a wonderfully relaxing time and grabbing plenty of rays.
    3) OH has been DIYing, so we now have a lovely ‘monsoon’ shower unit in our en suite here in the apartment.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, friends!

LTC, I’m honored to be your dance partner! My ruby slippers are under the bed for safe keeping, polished
    and ready to go, for the moment you reach your target 🙂 Then we WILL have a dance party to rival all
    dancethons. I can clearly see it in my imagination!

Sunny, GREAT to hear from you! I’ve been AWOL from this (my favorite!) thread in recent weeks due to
    taking my turn at hosting the 4wk May challenge. Very, very busy with new members, which of course is
    very exciting to see. Most are continuing onto the new challenge for June! I’m happy to back 🙂

Positives for today:
    We were under an urgent tornado warning early last evening, somewhat of a rare occurrence in New England.
    Skies turned black, winds picked to 80 miles/hr, and 3 inches of rain, mixed with hail, poured from the sky.
    No basement to retreat to where I am! As I was bailing out window wells and swabbing up water, I couldn’t
    get a good look at the sky to watch for the telltale “funnel”…..Alerts blaring from the tv… Within 20 min notification
    came that we were “all clear”. Disaster averted, so I’m very grateful for that!
    Second observation of the day: I’ve managed to keep my new anniversary orchid thriving for an entire month…
    No bud drop, either. It must like the spot I’ve chosen for it 🙂

Have a great day, all. Remember, think positive, post positive!

Allie

P.S. Feel better soon, V. I hope that it’s nothing serious.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi SunnyB. Yes let’s wake this thread up!
    1) What a difference a year makes! I keep a food log in an (almost) unused 2017 diary – waste not want not! Today’s page was already full from 2017 – when I weighed nearly 3 stone more and was failing miserably on the WW approach. Thank you BSD and MM!
    2) Treated myself to a new bra – about time! And bought some chinos that fit. It feels as if I am starting to live in my new shape.
    3) The painting is ….finished. And the house looks good. Feeling pleased.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Wow Allie, what a relief! Our friends who live in Wappinger Falls New York had huge damage, including trees just ripped apart — very glad you are ok!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Caronl,

I like your image of “I am starting to live in my new shape.” I think that’s a very good phrase for me to pick up on for the next stage in my journey. – thank you.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thanks, Julia! Blizzards, tornadoes, the occasional earthquake, hurricanes, and wild fluctuations in temp of 30-40
    degrees in a period of 24 hrs…that’s life in New England! At least we don’t have to contend with property damage
    now that we’v returned to apartment living 🙂 It’s always a tragedy to lose mature trees, but I’m glad that your friends
    are safe. It was a wild night!

• posted by carothomas
    on

I’m getting involved in the forums with a vengeance! After 6 weeks sticking it out on my own, I realised I needed some moral support (and to stop bending the ear of one my best friends all the time!). So my positives for today:

1. All the support and encouragement I’ve received on the forums
    2. Better blood sugar results this morning and a 1.5lb loss since Tuesday
    3. A beautfiul, warm and sunny day – it just lifts my mood 🙂

Caro
    x

• posted by alliecat
    on

Caro, you’ve chosen a wonderful thread to participate in! I can really relate to the difference between making this
    journey with others, as opposed to doing it alone. I didn’t know this site even existed until I had lost 140lbs and was
    embarking on month 3 of maintenance. There is a wealth of knowledge and wisdom here, and a generosity of spirit
    that is awe inspiring. I think MMosley intended this to be a BSD support group, but the friendships forged here are
    a support group for whatever life tosses in our direction as well, and has succeeded in going far beyond what he
    envisioned 🙂 Join in any threads that appeal to you, and you will be made profoundly welcome. I’m looking
    forward to getting to know you, and wish you very much success with this way of life!

Allie

• posted by carothomas
    on

Hi Allie,

Thanks so much for your lovely post – you just embody exactly what you were talking about. So encouraging. You lost 140lbs on your own? Wow. Just WOW. How long have you been maintaining now?

Looking forward to hanging out with you 🙂

Caro
    x

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi gang
    Happy Friday… my positives:
    1 – I’m whooshing ! 🙂
    2 – I’m whooshing! 🙂
    3 – I’m whooshing! 🙂 happy dance!
    LOL
    Kxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

ha Ha, Kazz! I KNEW it was coming!!!! What a way to end your work week 🙂 🙂 🙂 I’m over the moon for
    you! The most wonderful part is that I know your beautiful face so well thanks to skype, and I can see
    this happy dance 🙂 I’m in, too. Let’s take a turn around the garden! Music? Your choice! xoxo

Hi Caro! And many thanks. I’ve been in maintenance for just over 13 months now, adding another 8lb
    to my (embarrassing) losses, so 148lb in total. Happy to hang out 🙂 🙂

Allie

• posted by carothomas
    on

Woop woop Kazz! That’s awesome 🙂 Congratulations! xx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Congratulations Kazz – what a wonderful way to end the week.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. I think this is the perfect thread to return to my ‘travels’on. Feeling back on form now but actually think the ‘cure’ was making me feel worse than the ‘illness’!

Well done Kazz hope you are still ‘happy dancing’ you can’t celebrate success too much.

Caronl I love you idea of ‘starting to live in my new shape’. I think I have continued to live with one foot in the past still wearing old, loose, stuff just because I’m frightened to ‘emerge’ into a new ‘me’. Not sure why but maybe because I’ve not reached my final ‘shape’ yet.

So to my three positives…….
    1. Back in the land of the living with the hope of finally getting to the bottom of my mysterious skin rashes. Have had a skin biopsy so hope that will finally solve the riddle.
    2. Have rebooked the flights we should have taken last week, so hopefully finally on our way to complete the sale of our apartment.
    3. Spent time with my family yesterday.
    Plus an extra one …..
    Feeling generally blessed. I think headspace may have something to do with my feeling of wellbeing.

Hope you are all well. Have a good Sunday.

• posted by carothomas
    on

Verano – I’m glad to see you are recovered – you won’t know me as I’ve only really started posting while you’ve been quiet on the forums. But I’ve been lurking for a while, so feel I know you a bit! Hope the biopsy gives you the results you need.

My positives today:
    1. My blood sugars are much lower (thank you for all the encouragement and information, it really helped me to just keep on with the plan and believe it would work)
    2. The gorgeous sunny weather – it’s uplifting just looking out of the window
    3. Our two cats – I realised yesterday we’ve had them for 2 years now – wouldn’t be without them although we were quite nervous when we got them as they are our first ever pets.

Have a good day everyone!
    Caro
    x

• posted by JGwen
    on

Glad to hear you are feeling better Verano.
    My 3 positives from yesterday.

Met up with TreeLady at the Welsh Smallholders show and had a delightful afternoon wandering around chatting and looking at poultry, and bee keeping, and tool stands. Great to meet a kindred spirit.
    Met a few nice people who were happy to pass on information even though it meant I would be buying from someone elses business but it would better for me. – As well as a lovely old guy on the tools for self reliance stand who wasn’t anything to do with the stand but just liked to reminisce and pass on information on how to identify a well made garden fork. (I like this project they take in old tools, repair them, and some are sold to raise funds so that the rest can be sent to third world regions.)
    I don’t think a guy I ended up talking to on the way out would have started the conversation we had pre BSD. – I had bought a scythe, and as I was carrying it back to the car he started joking about if I was going to do a Poldark at the next show and show off all the shoulder muscles I had built up from using the scythe. – For those on other continents, he was referring to a memorable scene in a historical drama, where a fit attractive, MALE, actor stripped to the waist when working with a scythe, very memorable scene. 🙂 somehow I don’t think I would be doing that in public.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Well what a georgeous weekend! The perfect temps for me! 70F
    Glad you are on the mend, Verano. We’ve missed you!
    Tree lady and JGwen- how lovely for both of you to meet up. 😁. Sounds like you had an interesting day, and yes, I know that scene well, burned on my brain, in fact!!!! 🤩🤩🤩. Allie and I have Skyped several times and I envy you both being able to meet face to face.
    My positives for this weekend are….
    1 – spent most of the day in the garden and cleaned and reorganised my garden shed, first time in 16 years! Lots of spiders and signs of mice!
    2 – ended up only having brunch yesterday, mainly because I couldn’t move off the sofa after all that bending! Fell into bed exhausted!
    3 – made almond flour bread in a mug this morning! Very successful and for a total breadaholic like myself, it will be a godsend on those occasions when I just fancy a piece of toast and marmite! 13g of almond flour is 0.9g carbs according to fat secret. A once a fortnight treat only though. I don’t want to risk triggering any cravings for the real thing!
    Ok, must drag my achey self outside to do a bit of strimming!
    Enjoy your Sunday!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, sun worshippers! It sounds as though you are having a gorgeous weekend.

V., I’m glad that you’re feeling better, and have returned to a happier headspace. I think
    practicing gratitude in my daily life is what keeps me there, as well as the joy of being
    a part of this community. I never feel completely centered if I’m absent for too long.
    I hope you get your test results soon…Cellulitis can be serious, so I hope that that has
    been ruled out 🙂

Caro, what great news that you are already seeing improvements in your BGL! I’m a
    cat lady, too. My husband-to-be gave me my first Siamese for my 20th birthday, over
    4 decades ago, and our current pair routinely outwit us, and keep us laughing.

JGwen, what an ideal way to spend the afternoon, meeting up with treelady! I’m giving
    some serious thought to planning a UK trip, to include hopefully meeting any new friends
    that I’ve made here, should anyone share my interest 🙂

Oh Kazz, I have a fairly good idea which muscles are screaming for your attention today!
    Your task at hand undoubtedly included a lot of “squats”, so gluteous maximas and quads
    need a little rest 🙂 You would say “bum”, but on this side of the pond, that word refers to
    a vagrant….I would say “butt”, but then that would conjour up the remains of a cigarette
    to you! Best not start down this road!

Enjoy the remainder of the day, all!

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Once again, I forget my own positives, because I’m too busy enjoying the chat on this
    thread 🙂
    This positive easily covers 1 thru 5…I’ve been searching for the “perfect” 100% cotton
    quilt for the master bedroom for the past 2 years! I’m a retired interior designer, so I
    have very specific ideas about my requirements, i.e., “must” include both the color
    of the carpet, and compliment the colors in a seascape that is one of the focal points
    in the room. I was over the moon to find “IT” at last! Shades of turqouise and blue, plus
    a good dose of taupe.
    Second positive is reflected in my husband’s reaction. Now I can stop trying to interest
    him in a DIY project to transform the room from a neutral to a dark and smoky slate
    blue on the walls! How often do we achieve a “win win” all around? 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – good to hear you are feeling back on form. Hope the biopsy sheds some light on what has been making you unwell.

Allie – your bedroom sounds as though it will be absolutely wonderful. The colours are divine.

It’s lovely to read all the positives.

My positives today are:
    Have enjoyed a 5 mile walk through woodland at a lovely National Trust property near us. The way the sunlight filtered through the trees was almost magical. We then relaxed in the sunshine – me with my lovely coffee and cream and everyone else with sausage rolls and coffee.

I think my insulin resistance may just be improving as my blood sugars are getting better and better – or should I say lower and lower.

• posted by alliecat
    on

That is gratifying news, Krysia! I hope this isn’t a moronic question about the National
    Trust properties. Your weekend walks sound so idyllic. Ever since I earned my degree
    in interior design in my early 30’s, I’ve had a passion to see the “Stately Homes” in Britain,
    far in excess of the treasures of London, with the exception of the Victoria and Albert
    museum. Are these national treasures what you are referring too??? Thanks so much!

Allie

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Allie – a really good question – The National Trust was founded on 12 January 1895 by Octavia Hill, Sir Robert Hunter and Hardwicke Rawnsley. Over the last 120 years they have become one of the UK’s largest charities, caring for historic properties and areas of beautiful countryside. If it wasn’t for the National Trust these properties and some absolutely stunning countryside would have been lost to development.

It actually doesn’t cost much to be members and we feel passionately that we are doing our little bit towards the upkeep of these national treasures. With your design background you would love to visit some of the properties.

• posted by treelady
    on

My positives from the weekend –
    1) had a wonderful afternoon at the small holders show in Builth Wells, meeting up with JGwen and immersing ourselves in all things countrysidey (Hi Jgwen).
    2) Bought and thoroughly enjoyed real home made ice cream from one of the food hall stands – ice cream and blue skies and sunshine are meant to be enjoyed together.
    3) Have had an extremely productive day in the garden – OH winched out 10 or so Yucca stumps and roots for me – they extend down at least 3 or more! Now I have a blank space next to the patio (well, once I fill the holes in that is) to create a planting plan for.
    Hope everyone else has had a fab weekend too.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Alliecat,
    If you do decide to do a grand tour of this side of the pond that extends out to south west wales, you are welcome to a bed here for the night. –
    Its a pity there isn’t a members only area of the forum where those who wanted to could arrange meet ups without having to publish contact details for the world to see.

Please log in or register to post a reply.