Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for posting, V, I know you’re still away so thanks you for taking the time. Afternoon Tea is one of those things that has to be done occasionally … we has a wonderful one at Atlas in Singapore in October. Providing they don’t form a pattern of habitual ‘treats’, there’s no harm in allowing ourselves a little latitude.

Anyway, positives here are …
    🌳🌸 saw a huge magnolia tree in blossom this morning…. absolutely glorious!
    🤐🍽 finished my fast at 47hrs. Planning a 36hr one from tomorrow lunchtime.
    🌤 the sun put in an appearance or two today … even a little sun lifts my spirits.
    Looking forward to lunching with GS tomorrow.
    What’s happening with you? Any positives or upcoming events you’re looking forward to?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ooo …. not there’s another positive, we’ve turned another page on the positives thread.
    Thank you and well done to all contributors, let’s jeep it going!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,just called in to leave hugs for all,and a little spring poem…
    💕Spring has sprung, the grass is riz,
    I wonder where the birdies is…
    The bird is on the wing,
    But that’s absurd,
    From what I heard,
    The wing is on the bird! XX💕
    Yay Aprils just around the corner 🥳 xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, really good to see you here and thanks for the poem … it scans like a Spike Milligan ditty. Hope things are really positive in your corner of the world.

Here are a few positives from the SW ….
    🏵🌈🌄 nature … longer days, drifts of daffs, a rainbow and the blush of a sunset. Simple things, but all wonderful in their way.
    📝💻 finished drafting next month’s village newsletter, will send to print in the morning.
    🍽🍵 date night dinner all planned and some prep completed.
    🤸‍♀️🚘 car passed it’s MOT today.

Am being blessed with plenty of pluses at the moment, for which I’m very grateful.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you all had a good weekend…. ours was rainy, but there are still positives to be found.
    ☀️ 🕑 clocks went forward, so longer days and lighter evenings… yay!
    🙂🍽 made arrangements to meet DD on Wednesday for lunch … looking forward to a good catch up.
    📷📖 son’s photo book almost complete. Spent most of today compiling it, just needs a little tweaking tomorrow before ordering.
    🛏🌸 fresh sheets on the bed, looking forward to snuggling into those tonight🙂

What positives has the weekend and Monday brought your way?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s been a grey rainy day here, but I do have some positives …..
    🙂📖 son’s photo book completed and ordered.
    🧳👖 have started putting things in cases, ready for our upcoming trip.
    📝✔ have ticked a few things off my pre-trip to-do list.
    📱💃 table booked to celebrate OH’s birthday on Saturday.
    If you have a moment or two, please share a couple if positives with us.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s been raining all day, but there are still positives to be found…..
    🍽🙂 lovely low carb lunch with DD and plans made to catch up again next week, before OH and I embark on our trip.
    🛍🤸‍♀️ bagged some charity shop bargains …. a couple of cosmetic bags, a toiletry bag and some books to take to a friend in Turkiye.
    🥚🐰 last Easter eggs purchased for family and friends.

It’s getting lonely here, so I hoping someone will join in with some positives soon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY popping in to say hello and happy bday to OH for Saturday – and enjoy your trip!
    * Nice surprise yesterday,friend sent me snail mail. Before the internet,we wrote to each other constantly. She sent me a crossword book ( im doing loads of them lately)
    * Have just finished a 27/9 and now doing a 18/9. Really enjoying it,
    * All hunky dory here. Looking forward to Easter and some choc ….yum yum..
    Take care positive people! X

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi…. you have embarrassed me … I need to post!
    Hello.
    Sunny you are amazing for keeping this thread going.
    Yowzer good to ‘see’ you again.
    Well yes I do have some positives to ….
    ☀️👨‍👩‍👧🥗Wonderful trip to see family…. great weather, great food but especially quality time with family.
    Is that my 3?
    I do have some more…..
    🌸🌸🌸 Blossom just on the verge of ‘busting out all over’. Saw some lovely cherry blossom on our way home but not quite in full bloom.
    🩺💉🩺 Appointment with nurse shows my blood sugar rising. Positive it’s still ‘normal’ , just, so need to take stock.
    🥂💍🌸 Wedding this weekend ….. just lovely to celebrate a new couple sealing their relationship.
    Have a good weekend.
    P.S. will try and get back here more often!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, great to see you here. I agree, it’s lovely to receive a good old fashion snail mail letter. Sounds like life is being good to you, so hope you might post a little more frequently.
    Verano, likewise it’s good to have you posting too. Glad you have had some lovely family time. Enjoy the wedding at the weekend. As you say, blossom is now appearing …. my lilac is on the verge of blooming, so it must be spring.
    My positives for this time ….
    🎁🙂 wrapped OH’s gifts ready for Saturday.
    🧺👕 hand-washed a couple of items ready to pack.
    💌🎁 organised card and gift for DD’s and SIL’s 1st wedding anniversary.
    🐑🐑 there are sheep back in the field at the end of our road … lovely to see them.

💃🤸‍♀️ only one week left to us starting our trip. 🤞🏻this thread will survive with some input from absent frieds. Will post when I can of course.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Soooo, time for some positives ….
    🍽 lovely restaurant meal for OH’s birthday yesterday. We had a quiet and relaxing day, followed by a very pleasant evening.
    🧺 a good ironing session today, getting sorted for our upcoming trip.
    🌸 my lilacs are beginning to bloom …. just hope the overnight frost threatened for tonight, won’t do too much damage.
    🤐 am on a fast now, started after dinner last evening, planning to go through to tomorrow evening 🤞🏻

Whatever you have been doing this weekend, hope there have been some big positives … and that you might share one or two of them with us here🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s been a good day, so finding the positives has been quite easy ….
    🙂 scales reading still tracking in the right direction … not by any huge amounts, but every little counts!
    🌸🐦 beautiful sunny spring day; blossom, blue sky and bird song.
    ✔📝 ticked more things of both the pre-trip to do list and packing list.

Why not let us know about your positives? We’d love to read about them.

• posted by TriciaPat
    on

Could somebody enlighten me on the Vow Renewals.
    Thanks

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi TriciaPat … a vow renewal is a small ceremony for the renewal of marriage vows. It’s an opportunity to state your continuing committment to the relationship and let your spouse know your feelings and intent, now that you relationship has grown and developed since you originally married.

We celebrated our 25th anniversary last year and decided we would like to mark it by renewing our vows. I’d always thought if we had a renewal, it would be an event with family and friends, but in the end we opted to make it a private event, just us a celebrant and two witnesses, which actually made it really personal and special …. something just for us.

Sorry, have waffled on, but hope it’s clarified the term for you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

☀️🌸 second spring day without rain!!! Frosty starts, but warm sunshine later in the day.
    🌱🌷had a little gardening session this afternoon, tidied some pots and planted up some plants that have been waiting for proper homes. Was lovely to have the sun on my back whilst working.
    👩‍🍳 made a big batch of almond and seed crackers ready for our trip …. handy to have as a travel snack.

Those are my pluses for today … what were yours?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thought I’d report a few positives, even though I seem to be a lone voice in the wilderness at present 😂🤣 …
    🙂🤸‍♀️ fasting seems to be working for me… still seeing small decreases on the scales readings.
    🍽🍛 lovely lunch with DD, GS and OH today … that will keep me going until tomorrow evening.
    👣🙂 great pedicure this morning …. beauty tech is doing a new one, with a foot peel and foot massage. Was a real treat.
    I’m hoping someone might post a positive or two soon. After Friday, my posting will be intermittent due to our trip to Turkiye, but will be dropping by positives from time to time.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi SunnyB, thought I would come and join you and think of some positives in my life.

Can’t stop saying ‘I am alive’, which I know was nearly not the case.
    Beautiful weather today and France is going into true Spring with temperatures in the low 20’s.
    Getting ready for our trip to the UK so the excitement is starting to build.
    House is spotless after a visit from my young lady yesterday, means I can relax and just prepare the bedrooms for my sitters rather than having to worry about a full clean.

Really looking forward to the summer weather and getting into the pool but that will be a positive for another day.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Sunny you made me feel guilty!
    Wishing you a safe journey and a really enjoyable trip to Türkiye.
    S-g good to ‘see’ you here. “I’m alive” is probably the most positive thing anyone who has been through a life threatening situation can say. Been there, done that and am forever grateful to be able to say “I’m alive”! In fact next week will be the 16th anniversary of my ‘life changing event’ . Yes I’m delighted to say “I’m alive”!
    So that’s my only positive for today …. but a ‘huge’ one.
    I’ll do my best to help keep this thread going in your absence Sunny. Hopefully others will join in.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SG, thanks for posting. It serves us all well to remember to be grateful for each day we’re alive. An acquaintance in the village, if ask how she is, always answers “still above ground” with a huge smile. Hope you have a wonderful trip back to the UK, with a fabulous 🍾 birthday celebration 🥂.
    V, thanks both for the good wishes and intention to keep the thread alive … as you say, hopefully others will help too. Will be sure to post when I can as well.

My positives for today are…..
    🌥 some sunny periods today, giving me a chance to do a little more in the garden.
    🧺 brought the laundry up to date today.
    🤞🏻 fighting off a threatening cold … managing to keep it at bay so far. Will keep dosing with First Defense, echinacea and huge amounts of vit c and hope for the best.

Remember to let us know what your positives have been.

• posted by Ruby Frances
    on

I’m going to start using the three good things and thinking of three good things everyday at the end of the day. I’m already trying to take a half an hour walk in the morning. I got that idea from Michael Mosley’s podcast where each podcast episode gives you one easy to do thing you can add in to help you improve your health.

I see your post is several years old. I hope you are doing well in your journey to better health.

Best wishes

• posted by Verano
    on

Welcome Ruby good to ‘see’ a new face and have some more ‘positives’. Yes this thread was started several years ago but is still going strong and now we are getting closer to 6,000 posts just 79 more to go! Don’t give up now!
    Well ….
    ☀️☀️☀️The weather has been lovely here today with wall to wall sunshine. But for some reason I’ve felt a little ‘low’ today so ….
    🎬🌾🌾 Found an old film on Netflix …. Wild Oats with Shirley MacLaine and Billy Connolly. Light hearted, nonsensical fun. Just what the doctor ordered!
    🧺🧺🧺 Have finally got to the bottom of my washing basket so now just have the ironing to do. I quite like ironing because I love to see piles of freshly ironed clothes building up.
    As Sunny always says, if you have a moment please share any positives you have for today.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just a quick drop in to welcome Ruby … thanks fir contributing.
    And also thanks to V, for posting and finding positives even when feeling low.
    I’m going to contribute a couple if positives whilst here …
    🚘🙂 despite it being Bank Holiday, seems we timed things well yesterday and had an easy unhindered journey to our daughter’s, which completes the first leg of our trip to Turkey. Here until Monday, enjoying some family time.
    🌸☀️ a really lovely spring day yesterday.

Get posting those positives folks!

on

Here are my positives.

I am feeling really well now and even undertook some outdoor furniture cleaning.
    Clean outdoor furniture led to us having lunch outside, first time this year.
    Started packing and didnt even have to try clothes on as I already know they fit.

Happy Easter.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening.
    S-g …So pleased you are feeling really well again now. Enjoy your trip back to the UK.
    So it’s Tuesday, Easter over now so now back to three positives every day ….if we can! ….….
    👨‍👩‍👧👨‍👩‍👧 Family here for lunch Sunday. It’s amazing how people are so happy to eat cauliflower mash when you don’t tell them, and they think it’s potato!
    🚰🚰🚰 Back to basics for me today and feeling good. Phone alarm on every 30, then 60, minutes to remind me to drink water and take a walk around the house…. it works!
    🍩🍰🧁 I had a piece of Malteser ( other varieties available) Easter egg on Sunday. Well…… I just can’t believe that I ever ate milk chocolate in the past. In fact DD bought me two bars of 60% & 65% and I found them both too sweet …. ate them though! Anyway, the positive for me is that no way will I eat anything less than 85% again and even that is going to be far off in the future!
    Hope you can find a positive, more than one would be good, but one is fine. Please make us all smile with you ‘happy’ happenings.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SG, have a wonderful visit to the UK. You will enjoy it all the more, now you are properly well.
    V, thank you for keeping the thread active. Glad you had a great Easter.
    Thought I’d pop in with a positive or two ….
    🙂🛏 our second night stop over, en route to Turkiye. Both hotel really nice and so far, the journey has been problem free.
    🤞🏻🙏 doing pretty well at avoiding cabbage, hoping tonight’s menu doesn’t present me with the necessity for a huge compromise.

Please take a moment to post a positive ….. I’m sure you can find at least one to share.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    It’s Thursday so I thought I should just post again even though I don’t have much to report.
    ☀️☀️☀️ Lovely sunny day here today which is always a positive even though it was very windy!
    🫒🥗🥦 Trying so very, very hard to get back into low carb healthy eating …. working 90% of the time so that’s a positive.
    Talking about food (as I do so often!)…..
    👫🍴🌶️ Out with friends tonight for an Indian, well Keralan meal, so really looking forward to that. I will stay away from rice, breads and pastry filled tit-bits …. that should do the trick!
    Hope life is throwing a few ‘positives’ your way.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    It’s Saturday!
    Hope everyone is well.
    I do have a few positives….
    🎨✂️👩🏻 Hair cut and coloured yesterday. Always makes me feel so much brighter…. especially with these new highlights!
    🎨🩴🦶 Toe nails buffed and polished so now ready for sandals.
    🕶️☀️🛫 Case packed, checked in online, so now ‘Holiday ready’!
    Really going to try hard to eat very sensibly, with lots of salads, whilst in the sun.
    Will do my very best to ‘check-in’ over the next week or so but would really appreciate some ‘help’ !
    Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, have a wonderful time … sounds like you are all ready to make the most of your time away.

I’m checking in with a few positives ….
    🚘 our road trip has been a good one … in Turkiye now, but having a couple of days respite, before pushing on to our final destination.
    🍽 early evening meal, as we’re both tired and would like an early night.
    🍷visiting vineyards tomorrow… what’s not to like🤭

If you can identify a positive, please tell is about it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny …. WOW … sounds like a good journey for you. Somehow I expected your road trip to take much longer. Anyway, ENJOY!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    Just a couple of positives to report for me today:
    1. The first of the daffodils are finally blooming. Not only do they look nice, but it means that the farm will hopefully start bringing in some money for the season.
    2. I finished up sowing a cover crop of radish in a 6ft wide, 40ft long bed just as a few raindrops started to fall. I finished up an enormous task yesterday of weeding it. This is a quick cover crop to keep the weeds under control and then when there is no risk of frost, 80+ dahlias will be planted out there.
    Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello. April 24th so 9 days since I posted and I promised to try and keep this thread going. I’ve done really badly …. but … I’m here now!
    So to my positives….
    ☀️☀️☀️ Sun has been shining for the last seven days. Just one more before we return to the UK. Let’s hope spring has really set in.
    🍰🧁🍩 Read Chris Van Tulleken’s recent articles and am astounded. Hellmans light …. oh dear. Mayo only has four main ingredients not 15!. Positive …. its made me rethink all the foods that I eat. I think carbs will naturally be limited if I only eat non UPF’s.
    Hope everyone is well. Those on holiday …. enjoy! Those at home …. enjoy!
    If you do have even one positive please post it.
    Sorry to have been awol for so long but I will do my best now to post most days.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, I tried to post a couple of days ago, but lost it in to ether and lost the will to retype it. Anyway, thanks to you and Arctic for bumping the thread to the top of the list occasionally though.
    Okay, so positives from Turkey ….
    ☀️☀️☀️ don’t need to say more 🙂
    🙂 catching up with friends we haven’t seen for months.
    🛏 almost finished preparations for family visiting next week.
    👫 relaxing with OH
    Be sure to post your positives here, it really does help us all reflect on what’s in our lives that we should be grateful for.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello Sunny!
    ☀️☀️☀️☀️ is all you need to say!
    We also have
    ☀️☀️☀️☀️ so that’s all I’m going to say today.
    Hope everyone can find a positive today. Even if you can’t find time to post hang on to the positives today has given you.
    Tomorrow is a new day but enjoy the rest of today if you can.

• posted by Verano
    on

Heillo.
    Thought I should post a few positives …..
    🛫🏡 Home again now, always a positive, although we did have a lovely holiday.
    🧺🧺 Washing underway.
    🥗🌶️🫒 So good to get back to some home cooking without the temptations of hotel food.
    Just one more …..
    ☀️☀️☀️ The sun is shining !
    Hope you have some positives today.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello all,just callin by to wish you a happy Beltane Eve/ MayDay Eve! Also to say,enjoy this long weekend and the two more coming this month.
    All is good and positive here,I am particularly enjoying seeing the swathes of wild flowers dotted everywhere. I love the humble little daisies,dandelions and buttercups.
    Sending love and hugs! Whooppeeee the wheel has turned and we’re ready for the long summer days! Hurrah! ❤️💜💕

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Yowzer!
    Good to hear from you!
    I’m here so I guess I need to find some positives …..
    🌴🌲🍀 An acer we thought had ‘died’ last autumn has magically sprung back into life. Its leaves are a wonderful lime green when they first appear. So I’m very happy to see it thriving.
    🥗🍅🥒 Really enjoyed my first ‘proper’ salad lunch of the season. I just don’t enjoy salads in the winter! So feeling very ‘righteous’ now and looking forward to a summer full of salads.
    ⌛️🧹🗒️ Realise that spring has ‘sprung’ and I’ve not done a spring clean yet. So, notebook out, time to make a list and start to work through some way overdue tasks.
    Will get there in the end.
    Enjoy the Bank Holiday in the UK. Enjoy Monday if you’re not in the UK!
    Have a good week everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello you lovely positive people. Yowser, great to see you posting, we’ve missed you. V, hope the spring clean goes well. I’ve sort of been doing that here, as we’ve been prepoi for our eldest son and family, joining us in Turkiye tomorrow for a 10 day visit. Anyway, here are some positives from me ….
    🍽🍷 lovely date night meal out with OH last night, over looking the marina, sea and sunset …. wonderful evening
    🙂👫 our neighbours are giving OH and I accommodation, so that we don’t have to camp in our living room while our guests are with us.
    🌥☀️ weather here is finally settling and is starting to warm up nicely
    One final positive … we now have an electric cable to the new villa, just waiting for the actual connection to be made. Only been waiting for this for 6 months!!

Hope May bring lots of positives to you all and that you might share a few with us from time to time.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just popping in to say ‘Hello’.
    Sunny good news about the electric cable …. sounds just like Spain!!! Anyway, glad the weather is warming up for you.
    And so it’s May!
    Where on earth did those last four months go?
    We are where we are and just have to accept our present status …. though there’s nothing to stop us making May the most positive month in 2023 yet!……..
    👕🥋👘 Ordered some knitwear from a ‘popular’ chain store this morning. This afternoon got a 20% discount voucher! Too late to cancel the first order but have reordered at the lower price and will return the more expensive items! A definite positive!
    ☀️☀️☀️ Lovely sunny day here today. Not very warm but just seeing the sunshine is a tonic in itself.
    🩺💉🩺 Spoke to my doctor today. I have a ‘pulled muscle” (I think) in my thigh. Happened about 10 days ago. I have loads of metalwork in the thigh. Improving but slowly. OH thinks some ‘metal’ may be on the move. Positive … doctor thinks it’s more likely to be soft tissue injury (can take months to heal) rather than anything more serious…. fingers crossed. Anyway, a positive as far as I’m concerned.
    Have a good weekend whether it be ‘Coronation’ focused or just a ‘long’ one. Either way just …..Enjoy!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    Happy Coronation Weekend!
    So life moves on …..
    🍅 🌶️🥒 Just cooking ‘Briam’ with lots of vegetables and some roast chicken for dinner tonight.
    🧀🥞🧀 Had crumpets and cheese for breakfast this morning. Carby …. buuuutt …… didn’t need lunch??? Makes me think I need to change up my way of eating!
    Number 3 can only be that the sun is shining!!
    Have a good week full of positives!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It feels like a very long time since I posted here. There has been no lack of positives, but things have been rather hectic. Anyway, here are some of my positives …
    👩‍👦👨‍👧👩‍👧‍👦 teary family goodbye at the airport on Friday, after an action packed and busy 10 days. Was lovely having them here and showing them some of ‘our Turkiye’. Return visit already in the planning.
    ☀️☀️☀️ weather has finally clicked into summer mode after a faltering start.
    🐦🐦 a pair of collared doves are nesting on our sun terrace … eggs should hatch any day now. Waiting for them to hatch and fledge, before claiming my usual space for sunbathing.

Hope plenty of positives are dropping into your life too … I wonder what they are?

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Sunny …. (and any other readers!)
    Well it certainly is a while since I posted too!
    Glad that all is well with you and that life is full of positives.
    I was posting on another thread and thought I should just pop in to keep the thread going.
    I do have positives …..
    ✂️🚿✂️ Hair cut and coloured today ready for trip next week.
    🧳🌬️☔️ Off to the Fjords and Scandinavia so not expecting great weather … but hey who knows!
    🫒🥒🥗 Managing to eat pretty well at the moment. Am managing to stay away from the junk foods I’ve been eating and now back on track. So that’s a huge positive for me.
    Hope everyone has some positives today …. being alive is probably the best one but we all have today, but we often tend to forget the very basics sometimes!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, thank you so much for bumping the thread up the list. Hope you have a wonderful scandie trip.
    I have been very slack in my posting, when really there is so much to be thankful for, so here goes ….
    ☀️☀️☀️plenty of sunny days and relaxation
    ⛴☀️ lovely boat trip today, just lazing around reading and enjoying the scenery.
    🥳🎉 son’s 40th birthday today …. he’s not a party person, but is having a lovely day out with his lady.
    🧍‍♂️💖 having a wonderful hubby who is happy to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in, whether for us or others, he’s happy to get involved.
    If you have a positive or two, please let us know about them.

• posted by Verano
    on

👍👍👍

on

Hi folks, positives for today

Sun is shining and I can swim most days
    Veg patch is doing great
    Had a lovely week with daughter and one grandson – too much food BUT…

V, the day our cruise ship docked in Stravanger it was 25 degrees. They had had snow the day before. Still needed a jacket to visit a glacier. Enjoy, it is so beautiful that will be my next destination when I get all my medical worries out of the way.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Just have Wi-Fi connection so striking whilst the iron is hot!
    S-g WOW!
    We have travelled to many places but the Norwegian Fjords are something extra, extra, special! We have been blessed with wonderful weather, apart from two cloudy, cold days when we travelled north. Now we have hit sunshine … who would have thought! But, this trip is about the phenomenal and astounding beauty, the sheer peace and quiet and the
    cleanest freshest air ever. Yes…. if anyone ever gets the chance to visit this part of the world then it’s a MUST!
    S-g hope you are all sorted out soon then you can plan, plan, plan …. and you must! Life is too short to ‘wait until next week, month, year!’
    So I think you know all my positives for the moment …. hope you have some too!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii guys,popping in to say,hope youre all enjoying the summer! Been so hot for days and the big positive for me is…laundry! Getting it all washed and dried and away so quickly. Its a bit mundane,but its been the high spot of my week!
    Other high spot….baby ducks in the park,just so floofy! And very confident coming forward for food.
    Hope you all have a fab weekend XX 🌷🌻🌷

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have seen that there are plenty of post happening on other threads, so thought it time I bumped the positives to the top of the list again in the hope of attracting some input.

Admittedly, I have been very lax in posting here whilst away, not for the lack of positives, but due to taking a bit of a tech break.

Back from our travels now, so time to post some positives again …. here goes ….
    🎒🧳🧳 unpacking done and everything put away
    🌳🌹🌱 got some gardening done today, pruned some of my roses, a lilac tree and tidied the front garden. Was lovely to be out there even if the weather wasn’t great
    🧺👕👗 made a start on the holiday laundry today, two loads down.

What positives have crept into your day? Do tell

on

I will join you SunnyB

Today my house is lovely and clean thanks to the lovely Stacey.
    I dont have any more medical appointments until mid September
    Starting to feel more relaxed as things have been so hectic and I can look at my calendar and it is clear for several weeks.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for sharing your positives, SG. Glad you have a break in medical appointments and indeed, have a few quiet weeks ahead of you. It’s an opportunity to focus on yourself and take a breather.

My positives today are ….
    🍽 finished a 42 hour fast this afternoon. Was easier than I thought it might be, given my recent eating patterns.
    🛒 grocery shopping done.
    🌱 another gardening ession … so enjoying bring able to spend time out there again.

Has been a good day …. how was yours?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Reporting in with positives for today ….
    👫 met our new neighbours today … they seem really pleasant, planning to get together for a proper ‘get to know you’ session soon.
    🙂 so enjoying being able to get out and busy in the garden. It’s already starting to look tidier. Have lost four rose bushes due to lack of attention while I was away, sad, but it’s great excuse for acquiring a couple more🎉
    👗 some hand washing done this morning …. bit less holiday laundry to deal with.

If a ray of light shone into your life today, please take a moment to tell us about it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.