Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Positives from me for today are ….
    🔪🔪 sorted out the knife and utensil draw, removed a few items on a permanent basis and after cleaning the draw, put everything else back neatly.
    🌸🌸 repotted two orchids … still several needing attention, but it’s a good start.
    🥂🍽 planned a meal for Friday, when we have friends joining us for date night. Keeping it as low carb as possible 🙂
    Hope your day brought positives aplenty … do share.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Read something online today, which said something like, ‘find joy in the mundane, celebrate all the little things and don’t save things for ‘best’, enjoy them now.’
    That last one is something I’m guilty of and know I should make a point of more frequently wearing and using things, which I’m in the habit of keep for special occasions.

Anyway, here are a few positives from me for today…
    🍽🔪 started prep for the date night meal we’ll be sharing with friends on Friday.
    🎁 wrapped eldest GD’s birthday presents.
    🙂 completed my 27/9 feng shui challenge and have decided after a short break, to do another round. Have found it really helps freshen the energy in the house.
    📖 enjoying keeping my Tah-Dah journal. It’s really helping, along with my other strategies, to rebalanced my mental energy.

Whatever you have been doing today, hope there were plenty of positives presenting themselves. Do share if you have a moment.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We’re on a new page and waiting for you all to help fill it with positive. I’m going to add a few now ….
    🍲🔪 more cooking done ready for dinner with friends tomorrow night.
    🛍 dropped some things to a charity shop and picked up a couple of bargain items to take home🤭
    🤸‍♀️ bathroom scales still showing things heading in the right direction 🙂
    Looking forward to the weekend and OH taking some downtime.
    What are you looking forward to? Do tell.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

A few positives for me today:
    1. I found out that I’ve been screened into the next round for the job I applied to last week. I have to do a written assignment over the weekend. Still don’t know if I would take the job if I was offered it, but at the very least it might put some pressure on my existing employer to finally deal with some of the more toxic personalities at work. They can’t afford to keep losing good people because of it.
    2. I haven’t weighed myself, but still seeing some little improvements with clothing fit. Not all down to the compression tights either. I was wearing a long-sleeved size large t-shirt today that has been getting a bit tight through the arms and my extra larges were fitting better, but it was perfectly loose today. It will be nice to be back down to a large as I have several nice dress shirts that could come back into rotation as well.
    3. Looking forward to a relaxing evening tending to my seedlings and maybe even watching an episode of a tv drama.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on reaching the next stage of selection for the job, Arctic. There’s time yet to decide if you’ll take it if offered, just revel fir a bit in your achievement at getting this far. Good news about garment fit, makes a real difference being able to feel our progress, in how comfortable we are in our clothes.

Sorry not to have posted over the weekend, but there are positives to post now…..
    💮 was very sad to hear about the earthquake in Turkiye, but happy to find out no loved ones of our friends out there were affected
    🍽💃 lovely date night on Friday, which we shared with friends
    🌿 got some gardening done yesterday, thanks to a sunny day here.
    🌅 the days are getting noticeably longer now …. it was still really light at 17.15 today
    🐑🐑 loving that there are sheep in the field at the end of our road at the moment. I can see them from our bedroom window and they’re so interesting and quite calming to watch.

Whatever you did at the weekend, hope it was a good one and that you’ll be posting some positives soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s been a pretty good day for me, so here are some positives….
    ⚖ got off to a good start, with the scales reading favourable today.
    📷 📸 spent quite a chunk of time today selecting and editing photos of our vow renewal, ready to make a photo book of the occasion. Was lovely reliving the event on what was here, a grey and foggy day.
    📝 wrote out a shopping list, ready for tomorrow … gives be time to check everything needed has been included🤭
    Hooe others have had a good day and will drop in to post a positive or two later …. have good evening everyone

• posted by arcticfox
    on

My positives for today, well the first two were from yesterday, but I didn’t make it on here to report yesterday.
    1. I joined a lipedema support group last week and they offered me a free introductory coaching session which I had yesterday. I met with a lovely physio who is specialized in lipedema and lymphedema. She works with a lot of undiagnosed patients and walked me through everything I can do for self-care even without a diagnosis. She encouraged me to keep trying to find a massage therapist who does manual lymphatic drainage (MLD).
    2. I have been calling massage clinics, but striking out on any who do MLD who were taking new patients. But I was lucky and found one yesterday and I have an appointment for the end of the month! I really hope it will help. The physio thought that given how much success I’ve had so far with compression that it may be really good for me.
    3. Got my written assignment finished for the job competition and handed it in on time. Now to wait and see if I get selected for an interview.
    4. It was raining here up until around 2pm, but then the sun came out, so it is still nice and light out for evening chores, which I’m just off to do.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Arctic, glad you are making progress with you lipedema and that you have completed the assignment for the job. Both of those are big positives and must give you a real boost.

My positives for today are …..
    🖼📷 placed an order for some prints of vow renewal photos … next thing to do, is get the album compiled and ordered 🙂
    🥶 very grateful for having a safe and cosy home … this morning was bitterly cold with a very thick frost.
    📞 Nice long phone chat with a friend I’ve not chatted to for ages. Was lovely to catch up on news and share a few laughs.
    🙂 visit from DD and GS this afternoon … Good to see them and find out what’s happening with them.
    ❇ pleased to report that with the longer days and my coping mechanisms, my SAD is improving day by day.

That’s me for today … and it’s been a good one. Hope your day has been good too ….. come and let us know your high points.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

SunnyB – yes chatting with old friends is a great positive and it’s one of mine for today as well. So here goes:
    1. Met up with someone I hadn’t seen since 2014 when we were both in Australia, although we’ve kept in touch a bit on social media. It was just a quick visit and although she recently moved near me, unfortunately she is not liking her work and is moving away again. But nice to have a short visit. As she is moving she also gave me a bag of horse mineral that she doesn’t want to take with her, and she wouldn’t accept anything for it either. So a positive for the horses today too!
    2. We got a new head boss at work last week and our team was able to meet her on video conference today. We already know her a bit from working with her when she was with another organization, but pleased to say that she seems really reasonable and has already indicated that she is supportive of work/life balance. If I don’t end up getting another job, here’s hoping she’ll also able to keep the person in line who has been causing me trouble.
    3. Joined a group at work that is planning some events for International Women’s Day. Nice to do something fun at work for a change.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Reported Ruthlinda as advertising spam.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for reporting that one, Merry. Hope things are going well for you.

Thought I’d post my positives for today…..
    🛒🥫 deferred my grocery shop yesterday, because I didn’t fancy going out in on a cold frosty morning … Paid off, as this morning was much nicer. Got all the shopping done and dropped some things to a charity shop too.
    ✍📝 wrote up the menus for date night tomorrow and a special dinner with friends on Saturday.
    🙂🌱 saw lots of snowdrops in the verges today and watched a robin hunting for bugs amongst the pots on our patio … nature can be such a joy😀.

Might not be posting for a couple of days, as we have friends staying for the weekend, but if you have a minute, please do post a your positives.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s been a few days since I last posted positives, so thought it time to register a few more …..
    🥂 lovely date night on Friday … plenty of dancing around the living room😀
    🙂 Nice to have friends here for the weekend, good to catch up with news in person
    🍲 made a really delicious beef rendang on Saturday … probably not as low carb as I normally like to eat but was soooo tasty
    ☀️ great to see the sun today
    💜 used online tutorials to learn to make origami hearts and a macrame bracelet this morning. Little things, but nice to learn a new skill.

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend, blessed with plenty of positives and high points … do share a few with us when you have a moment.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quicky to say hello and also to say,my breath was taken away today by seeing a vast carpet of purple crocus ( croci?) so beautiful. My friend tells me that snowdrops – and for all i know,maybe crocus too – carry a sort of antifreeze in their stems so they can withstand the low temperatures. How amazing is that!
    One other thing,i read this today….
    “ If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is Thank You,it will be enough “ ( Meister Eckhart)
    A good and fitting quote for this thread I think! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, how lovely to see you here, no matter how briefly. I’m excited to be seeing some spring flowers too … have some gorgeous dwarf iris blooming in my pots and one lone crocus!

Positives from me ….
    🙂 quick visit to see youngest GD at her other grandparents house yesterday. She’s getting so grown up now, but just as sweet natured as ever.
    📝 completed the village newsletter and sent it for printing.
    📷🖼 made a photo album of our vow renewal online, should be here in a few days …. sooo excited!

What have been your high points recently?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

After a weekend of ups and downs, there are some positives to post….
    🪴 reported a hoya today … I’m hoping it will encourage it to flower.
    🗺 have started to plan our road trip out to Turkiye this time all by land, so a new adventure for us
    🛒 grocery shopping done today … Nice to get it out of the way early for this week.
    🙂 have been finding my 27/9 feng shui exercise especially helpful in the last few days. Has really helped to revitalise energy the home.
    💮🌸 and finally, I’m so loving the spring flowers starting to appear, both in the garden and the hedgerows.

What positives have popped into your life recently? Do come and tell us 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Had intended to post positives last evening, but somehow time got away from me, so thought I’d drop in with sone now …..
    🪴 repotted a ‘mother if thousands’ into a new terracotta pot and tidied the kitchen window sill to make space for the bigger pot. Looks so much better now.
    🐑 seeing the first local spring lambs in a field yesterday really made me smile.
    🍲 our aga has decided it’s not happy and is refusing to work … only upside is it’s forcing me to think outside the box to produce evening meals and be creative.

Will try to drop by with more positives thus evening

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    Yes I’m back!
    Sunny thank you for keeping this thread ‘live’ we all need to find our positives, especially in hard times.
    I have a ‘cornucopia’ of positives!
    So ……
    🛩️🚢🏝️ Arrived home Monday, jet lag passed so feeling great today
    🌷🌼🪷 Arrived in Heathrow and first thing we saw …’daffodils’ … in all their crowning glory. Wonderful. Spring has arrived.
    🫑🥬🥒 Eating really well for the two days we have been home. Put on 6lbs!!!!! Now 3lbs down on day 1 ….. carbs add lots of water weight.
    I need to add another positive today …
    DD got married yesterday!!!
    🎉👫🎉 Complete surprise. Was in Gretna! They look so happy, nobody offended …. we all are! Nonetheless wonderful and we’re happy and they are too!
    Sunny I admire your persistence in keeping this thread going. I’ll do my best now to contribute …. Anybody else out there????

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, wonderful to see you back here. How wonderful about your DD getting married …. sounds like it was a big surprise, but lovely nonetheless. Hope there will be some celebrations when they get back. Also hope you has a great time way …. Good to have you back though🙂.
    I find seeking out positives therapeutic and am interested in reading what positives others are finding too.

Anyway, positives from today ….
    🌱🧹🧽 am doing a ‘slow motion’ spring clean in the kitchen …. just tackling one section a day. Feels good to be getting things straight.
    🙂🍽 was going to throw out a couple of pepper mills that weren’t working, but OH took them apart and got them working again!
    ⚖🙂 Happy to see the bathroom scales reading down a bit today … lowest reading since early December when we returned from Turkey.
    😀🤸‍♀️ looking forward to youngest GD and her mum visiting at the weekend. Task for tomorrow is prepping beds 🙂

What’s going on with you? Why not take a moment to share a positive or two? We’d love to read about it.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Nice to hear of spring, SunnyB and Verano. We are in the midst what may be winter’s last kick at the can for this year. Around 10cm of snow today and turning quite frigid. Tomorrow will be back down to -18C. Only -12 right now, but the wind chill took me a little by surprise this afternoon when I headed out for a short walk – feels lik -20 C already with the wind chill. I don’t really mind though because I was getting worried that we were going to get too early a spring thaw and I would have to lock the horses in off their pasture for 6 weeks or more until the grass started growing again. Now we have cold temperatures and snow forecasted through the first week of March. So there’s one positive already. Others are:
    2. Just about finished painting the bathroom. It needs a few touch ups and a second coat along the back wall where I had to do some plastering work before I could paint it, but I’m so pleased with how it is looking. It has breathed new life into the space.
    3. Less than a week to go now until my first manual lymphatic drainage massage appointment. Fingers crossed that it will make a difference!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Gosh Arctic, don’t envy you those low temps at all!!!! Being ‘part reptile’ I need warmth or my circulation just doesn’t work. Hope you manage to get the bathroom finished off soon.

Today has been a grey and chilly one here, but did find a couple of positives …..
    📷📖 the photo album of our vow renewal arrived today 🤸‍♀️ really pleased with it, great way to remember a very special day. Took me back to that beautiful warm and sunny Maldivian island and making more wonderful memories with my man … bliss😍
    🙂 second fast of the week in progress, it’s going well … planning to go through to 14.30 tomorrow, to make it 43hrs. Have a date night dinner planned for tomorrow evening, so want to break this one a bit earlier than the last.
    That will do for me today, a quiet day, but I’m content with that🤗.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Yes Arctic I agree with Sunny I also need warmth especially at the moment as we haven’t yet acclimatised to these low temperatures.
    Lovely and sunny here today but chilly. I guess that’s my first positive.
    🫑🍗🌶️Chicken stir-fry last night was lovely and another 1lb down today …. almost back to pre-cruise weight.
    🌴🌿🍃 Buds on trees looking ‘plumper’ so hoping they will start blossoming soon. Then we really know spring has arrived.
    👩‍❤️‍👨🥂🥗 Lunch with ‘newly weds’ tomorrow so really looking forward to that. It will be BSD friendly!
    🗒️🗑️🧾 Finished off various holiday paperwork this morning so another headache gone. Now looking forward towards the next one!
    Almost the weekend! Enjoy!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Verano and Sunny – we do get the heat as well, but a bit more short-lived than the winter temperatures. It can be over 30 any time from mid-June to mid-Sept. with temperatures into the 40’s at some points. I’m good with the 30’s but the 40’s start to get a bit much for me. It is both a dry cold and a dry heat so easier to manage than damp and humid conditions.
    I had a fairly rough day dealing with people at work today, so struggling a bit to see the positives, but here are a few:
    1. I got through the rough day at work and hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    2. My cat was happy to see me when I got home and she is snuggled up on my legs now.
    3. The horses were well behaved for me to change them into their warmer rugs ahead of tonight’s temperatures which will be into the -20’s. One is always pretty good, but the other hates wearing rugs so can be a bit of a pain about getting them on sometimes. I have been using positive reinforcement and giving him carrots for standing still when I walk up with his rug and tonight he stood like a champion even though I didn’t have any carrots on me.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Arctic it’s so easy to find positives when life is going to plan so well done you for finding some ‘despite’ your struggles.
    Sunny …. ‘wedding renewal’ …. I bet the photos are really transporting you back to those sunny shores. Was it 25years?
    Well I’ve had a miserable few days with a sore throat and cold starting on Friday. So, lunch with daughter and new spouse called off, two days in bed BUT on the positive side ….
    💊🍜🥫After a few days of paracetamol, throat lozenges and soup I’m feeling almost back to normal …. apart from the sneezing!
    ☁️⛅️☀️ Every cloud ….. have lost all my holiday gain plus!!!
    🧺🧺🧺 Finally felt like making a start on the laundry today.
    🛏️🧺🛏️ Found the strength to change the bed linen. There’s nothing like a nice clean bed to give a good nights sleep…. can’t wait to try it!
    Hoping tomorrow I’ll wake up raring to go!
    Hope the weekend was good for you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry you had to postpone you lunch with DD and new hubby, Verano. Hopefully you can rearrange it soon.
    Yes, the renewal was held on our 25th anniversary. It was a wonderful event, just the two of us on a white sand beach with lapping turquoise waters.

Positives from me are …
    🙂 youngest GD and her mum have been with us this weekend … always lovely to have time with them. She is growing up so fast, she’ll be 13 later this year. Scary how fast that time seems to have gone.
    🍲 made a very tasty beef casserole for dinner last night, sliw cooked for 6hrs …. really enjoyed it.
    🤸‍♀️ after 5 days of refusing to, the aha has decided to agree to work again. OH still doesn’t know why it stopped working or why it is now cooperating after many attempts to light it, but I’m delighted to have it functioning again.
    Hope you can identify lots of positives and that you’ll get share some here too.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quick positives for today …
    🤐 24hrs into a fast … looking to push on to around 48hrs. Am seeing positive scales results week on week, by doing a couple of fasts Monday to Friday.
    🧺 bit of a sort out of the ironing basket … emptied it out and sidelined a few items to go to charity. Just need to spend a few hours ironing now to empty the basket completely.
    ☯️ started a new round of feng shui 27/9 today, really does help to stir up energy, both in the home and self.
    Cone on, what positives were in your day?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sooooo, here are a few positives for today ….
    👠🥿👡 decided to go through all my shoes today and tidy their cupboard. Four pairs going to charity, four pairs bagged to take out to Turkiye to wear there, the rest put back neat and tidy🙂
    🍽🍵☕ cleaned the dishwasher…. was much needed
    💃👗 ordered a bright red dress today … now just have to patiently wait for it to arrive

Hope someone will join me here soon …. it’s getting a bit lonely 🙁

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Sunny!
    Can’t leave you totally alone!
    25th, Maldives, lovely and what a nice way to celebrate with a renewal. We spent our 25th, 30th and 40th! in Bali …. really magical.
    Anyway back to the present …..
    🦠💊☀️ Bugs, pills and bed-rest replaced with sunshine. Cold has gone and I’m feeling back to 100%.
    🧺🧺🧺 New washing machine delivered today …. positive …. wrong one …. negative … BUT …. huge positive a new, correct, machine will be delivered tomorrow. Can’t wait to see how much cleaner the clothes will be!
    That’s me for today.
    Hope to find more tomorrow.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the company, Verano. Glad you’re back on form and I hope the new washer gets sorted out tomorrow.
    I’m very lucky, we redo our honeymoon every 5yrs … Singapore and the Maldives. We don’t stay at the same place everytime, but we have revisited some hotels and resorts. In Singapore we like to stay in the Clarke Quay/Chinatown area, at least for part of the stay, but usually swap hotels after a few nights. Anyway, have to be patient now, as it will most probably be 2027 until we get back there.
    My positives for today are ….
    🙂❇ reorganised one of the understairs cupboards, so that it’s easier to find things.
    🎀⭕ made a springtime wreath and put it on the front door. Not something I usually do, but thought it might be nice for a change.
    🎁🙂 made a start on sorting out gifts for March birthdays.
    Hope you have all had some positives today.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny …. Lovely to revisit your honeymoon destinations every five years. We’ve never been to the Maldives my OH isn’t really a beach person! Singapore … well that’s a different kettle if fish! We’ve stayed in Clarkes Quay but we usually stay in Orange Grove, the Orchard Street area.
    Sounds like your reorganising is going really well. Hope it rubs off on me!!
    As for me …..
    🧺🧺🧺 New washing machine up and running as we speak ….. fingers crossed it doesn’t leak!
    🌴✈️🏖️ Looking to book flights for a very special trip next year….. my goodness it’s confusing!
    💊🦠💊 Cold finally on its very last legs so that’s my real victory today and definitely my overwhelming ‘positive’.
    Onwards and upwards from her on in!
    Have a good, but most importantly, positive, evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

🤞🏻the washer is working okay, V. How exciting to be planning a very special trip for next year …. what will you be celebrating I wonder?

Positives from me today …..
    🛒grocery shopping done for this week
    🙂 took some stuff to the charity shop
    💃new red dress arrived, still pondering whether to keep it or not … will make a decision tomorrow.

Enjoy you evening and take a moment to reflect on the positives from your day.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Sunny the ‘celebration’ will be just that ‘we still can….. just ’! Probably will be our last trip to Asia. In saying that the thought of such long haul flights is a real concern. Anyway, we have a trip planned now just have to take the final step and book the flights!!!
    Did you keep the red dress?
    So, I’ve been a bit low the last few days….. no particular reason ….. but I’ll still find some positives …..
    🫑🥩🌶️ Huge great pan of bolognaise bubbling on the hob as we speak. Enough for at least six portions so a few meals for the freezer.
    🥯🫓🧇 Carbs have been a bit high lately but the positive is that I’ve realised they are creeping up and I can put a stop to the rot NOW!
    Sunny, I want to take a lesson from you and start to ‘spring clean’. I hadn’t realised how many shoes/sandals I have that I never wear ….. time for a clear out! Hopefully that will lead to sorting out the rest of the house!
    Hope this week is a good one for everybody and especially one full of positives!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Definitely do it while you can, V, hope it’s all booked now to give you something wonderful to look forward to.
    Didn’t keep the red dress …. fitted nicely, liked the material, but decided the style did nothing for me, so it went back.
    Positives from my corner of the world….
    🍽🍲 lovely meal with our neighbours on Saturday. Sadly they are moving soon, but we’ll be staying in touch.
    🛒 top up grocery shop today, in case we get the threatened snow later in the week. With that out of the way, I can hibernate if the weather turns for the worse.
    🙂🍽 lunch with eldest GS today, glad to say he is doing better with his mental health, getting out socialising more and exercising.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Checking in with positives for today ….
    👫 visited friends last evening, was good to catch up and have a few laughs.
    🙂 was late getting to my waxing appointment at lunchtime, but the beautician still managed to see me.
    🏵 only really noticed today, that the dwarf daffs in the tubs in the front garden have begun to bloom. They look so hopeful and cheery.
    😀 emptied out and reorganised the draw in my bedside table. It was a well overdue job that desperately needed tackling. Feels good to know I can easily find things now.
    🖊 ordered pen refills, so that I can press some old but good quality pens back into action.
    What positives did your day bring your way?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I guess today things have to be positive for me.
    1. visit to surgeon who has given me the all clear.
    2. can start to exercise again.
    3. I am alive.

• posted by Verano
    on

Great news s-g.
    I guess number 3 is the one that should be the number one positive for us all!
    Sunny a veritable cornucopia of positives!
    So while I’m here …..
    ✂️🚿 Hairdresser today …. cut and coloured.
    🌨️❄️☔️ We have sleet and snow but doubt it will stick so that’s the positive.
    🍟🫒🥝 Have got into a really bad habit of having a snack of crisps late afternoon but today had a few olives instead. Think I need to add some fruit into my diet instead of the odd pieces of cheese which are now becoming more than nibbles. Pleased I can recognise when things need to be mixed and matched now.
    Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

S-G, glad your appointment went well and you are now able to get back to normal.
    V, envious of you hairdressing, I have another 6wks to wait before I can see mine. Good that you recognise when things are sliding on the diet front and can find strategies to turn things round. These are the tools BSD has given us.
    Before I get to the positives, best wishes to all the women here for International Women’s Day…. hope you’ve had a good one. And also Happy Holi to one and all.
    My positives today ….
    🌨❄ we had a few cm of snow, but my positive is that I didn’t need to go out at all! Was lovely watch a neighbour family playing out in it though.
    📱🤳 did some housekeeping on my mobile, it’s amazing the stuff that builds up on it … photos that have been transferred to pc, old docs and unused apps.
    🍽 will be ending a 52hr fast in about half an hour. Was a little sticky a couple of times, but seeing small incremental drops on the scales has been very encouraging.
    Hope wherever you are and whatever you were doing, there were some positives to be acknowledged in your day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Popping in to wish all a Happy International Women’s Day !
    Reallly Good Quote for this thread…
    “ Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” ❤️💕💜 xxxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Posting positives early today, as it’s date night tonight, so I won’t be available later. Yowser so good to see you here, all be it briefly … Great quote though!

Sooo, positives ….
    🍵🍽 date night food prep under control, table laid and now I just need to sort myself out for this evening.
    🏵 picked a few of the dwarf daffs from our front garden, to put on the table for tonight … they are so cheery!
    👣 took time to give myself a pedicure this morning, was much needed! Nice soft tootsies now🙂
    📝 have started writing up lists and purchasing essentials for Turkiye, I like to know it’s all in hand early.

That’s me for now …. have a great weekend whatever your plans are and if you have a moment, please drop by and tell us about them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

A quick check in with positives to start the week off…
    📱phone chat with good friend in Turkiye
    📖📷 started getting photos together, to make son a book for his 40th birthday
    🎁 order placed for Mum’s Day present.
    🤭New fast started 18.30 yesterday, going okay so far 🤞🏻 for 48hrs again.
    What have been your positives?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just dropping by with today’s positives …..
    🛒🌤 was sunny today, so got this week’s grocery shop done and collected meds for OH.
    🍽 ended fast at 47hrs, not worried it was a little earlier than planned, but I’ll be doing a 24hr fast from tomorrow evening anyway.
    🥬 made a veggie dish of shredded savoy cabbage, chopped stringless beans and a spring onion, sauted with a little olive oil and butter, seasoned and finished with a tbsp of cream and a little parmesan. It was really delicious.
    👖great NSV …. consolidating being in the right stone band, means I can now comfortably wear my small trousers/jeans again … yay!!!
    Hope to see some other positives being posted soon … why not take a minute to share one ir to if yours?

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi SunnyB
    I’ve just popped onto this thread to ask you as an extended faster if you use electrolyte powders/capsules whilst you’re doing extended fasts. i have started doing 36 hours fasts about three times a week and wasn’t sure if I should be taking electrolyte supplements. I do clean fasts with water, black coffee and herbal tea. I add lemon to water and sometimes feel the need for salt but would be interested to hear your views on adding electrolytes .

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Cathy …. I’m far from an expert in this field and actually the electrolyte thing is a question I’ve been pondering myself. However, I do add a little himalayan rock salt to my coffee and drink an occasional glass of water with a squeeze of lemon juice and a dash of cider vinegar.

As I’ve not experienced any noticeable adverse effects when fasting, I’m reluctant to buy expensive electrolytes so will just continue as ‘normal’, at least for now. Would be interested to know how you get on, if you decide to add electrolytes though.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Thanks Sunny
    Adding salt to coffee sounds a good idea and I love the dash of ACV in water idea!!. Like you I squeeze lemon juice into water or have lemon and ginger tea with lemon juice . My longest fast was 42 hours and I had no headache or cramp so I think I’ll avoid supplements. I am sticking to 36 hour fasts so I’ll keep doing what I am doing with the addition of apple cider vinegar. Thank you for your helpful response .

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Cathy … saw an idea online, for adding small amounts of lemon juice and ACV to water at the same time, which is what I do now … ratio: 500ml water, 30ml lemon, 15ml ACV. Remember to rinse your mouth afterwards though, to knock back the acidity so as not to affect your teeth.

If your 36hr fasts are working for you, there’s no point in changing things. Currently I try to do a 46/48hr fast and another of 24/36hrs each week, but it doesn’t work out that way every week, just depends what’s happening. However, it does seen to be having a positive impact, so will continue and take each week as they come.

Let me know how you get on, Cathy.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Time to post positives for today …..
    🏵 picked a little posy of spring flowers from the garden to brighten the living room.
    🌳 noticed that the trees are displaying a haze of green now and some are starting to blossom. Spring really is upon us.
    🙂 tidied my side table, which had become an untidy dumping ground. Looks so much better now.
    🚇 got our euro tunnel crossing booked for our drive out to Turkiye …. that’s all the bookings made for the outward journey completed. Starting to get excited about the trip now!

on

Not normal for me to post positives as I have been pretty miserable for the past year. After a near death experience I am looking for the best in life and trying to live every day as if it was my last, it nearly was.

1. sunny day today (23 degrees)
    2. washing hung on the line
    3. bought garden accessories so it feels like summer is nearly here.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SG, sooo envious of thise 23 degrees. We had a warmish spring like day yesterday, but back to rain again today.
    My positives are …..
    💃 lovely date night on Friday with lots of dancing.
    ☀️ was warm enough for awhile yesterday, to have the top of the stable door in the kitchen open … first time this year.
    🧳 got the luggage out of the loft, ready to start packing for our trip.
    🤐 halfway through my latest fast … going well so far.
    Hope others will post their positives soon … come on you must have at least one to tell us about!

on

Hi SunnyB the 23 was for one day only but we are generally around 15/16 and will be in the low 20’s in a week or so. On that note.
    1. Looking forward to the temperatures warming the pool, I should be swimming earlier this year as we have never put the winter cover on so it is there for me to us. But the water was only 15 today.
    2. Scar improving every day.
    3, Looking forward to being a slimmer version for my for my surprise party in the UK (oops Im not supposed to know about it).

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well, even 15/16 degrees sounds tempting, SG. Glad your scar os proving day on day. Shame your party surprise has been ‘busted’ … our honeymoon destination was meant to a surprise for me …. until my FIL blabbed! It was no less special though and I’m sure that will be the case for your special event too, SG.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello girls!
    Sorry I’ve been awol. Just got two messages in my inbox so thought “add to the thread NOW” or the moment will pass.
    S-g so glad your scar is improving and it will continue to improve for many, many more months to come.
    Surprise! Surprise! How nice. I’m sure you will be able to look surprised on the day. But anyway what a lovely thought and deed…. daughters can be so thoughtful …. and sons too of course!
    Sunny, you’re just getting your cases down to pack as we are packing up to move on for 5 days before we head home!
    Won’t bore you with the weather here ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️!!!
    I do have some positives, apart from the weather…..
    🫖🧁🍸 Had a lovely Mother’s Day afternoon tea yesterday although here in Portugal it was actually ‘Fathers Day’!
    🌹🌼🌺 Beautiful flowers (including orchids Sunny!) from my son.
    🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️Met a marvellous yoga teacher who alerted me to the Equinox today. It’s so liberating to know we can have another ‘new year’, we can make resolutions all over again!
    Just one more please in case I don’t get back here for a while …..
    📚📖📚 Have been re-reading the “Fast 5:2” revised addition from 2014. I’ve never tried the 5:2 but I think I might give it a go for a few weeks to ease me back into a more strict regime. Very impressed with the book.
    I hope you have a good week with lots of positives.

Please log in or register to post a reply.