Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Natalie, sometimes when things are blah you need to let it out. We dont have a negative thoughts thread but you can comment on the weekly thread (currently called Keep On Keeping On…..). I always know when my friend is unhappy, she stops contacting me. Doesnt work cos I am on to her tricks. And wooooooww a masters degree, nothing blah about that.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, hope you’re feeling less blah now and congrats on your Credit …. you put in the work and deserve to reap the benefit.
    Yowser, 🤞🏻your sister is doing better. Pleased you experienced some unexpected kindness from strangers, such a blessing.
    V, glad the fish was a winner. Food ruts can get very boring, my offering is to swap up seasonings. Something they do here, is serve roasted or grilled meats with ground cumin, dried oregano and a good flaked salt as condiments …. sound’s odd and isn’t something you’d see in UK, but works really well. I’ve also been using Za’atar with soft boiled eggs as a snack …. yum!

One positive from me … yesterday became a Red Letter Day. For the very first time, it was possible for me to get inside our villa, which is still under construction. Was great to finally get to walk around inside and experience of the space first hand.

Hope your weekend is chock full of positives and to be reading about some of them soon.

• posted by Verano
    on

Oh! We’ve popped over to yet another page!
    Natalie oh dear, we all feel ‘blah’ at times but you know, it’s even more uplifting to find a positive out of a ‘blah’ than it is finding just a normal positive! We’ll done on your great achievement…. no blah there!
    Sunny, that’s really interesting. I would usually cook with those spices rather than use them as condiments …. good idea! So pleased you can now walk through your new villa and get a ‘real’ feel for it. Hopefully it won’t be too long before it’s finished.
    Yowzer hope all is going well with you and yours.
    Sorry if I’ve missed anyone but I don’t want to click back and lose my post!
    So yes I do have some positives
    🥬🍅🍕Daughter and partner coming for lunch tomorrow for Fathers Day. So treat for us, especially, homemade pizza, bases and toppings. OH and I only share one between us with salad!!! A real treat!
    I have a wonderful slow rise dough recipe that takes between 8 + 48 hours to prove but it’s worth it because it makes a wonderful pizza base.
    ☀️🌤⛅️Weather here has cooled a little which is wonderful, although we did enjoy barbecuing the last couple of nights. Barbecued meat/chicken and salad had been really enjoyable and healthy!
    Have a good weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wowzer Yowzer we are already well onto page 112!
    VERANO enjoy tomorrow!
    SUNNY how exciting,getting inside yr villa 👏👏👏!!!
    NATALIE congrats on that credit 👍👍👍
    My pozz’s for today
    *~ Right now,10 pm,the sky is gold and pink! Gorgeous!
    *~ Sister in good spirits in hosp,tho still a long way to go..getting wonderful treatment from all the staff.
    *~ Fifty years ago this week,one of my favourite albums was released..The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars..been giving it a re-listen today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our cat is named after Ziggy Stardust! 😻
    Enjoy Fathers Day if it applies!
    Love to all xox!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Congrats on getting to look inside your villa, Sunny!
    Yowzer I had such a crush on David Bowie when I saw him in Labyrinth (I was 18).
    My positives for today
    👕 I bought a lovely soft grey jumper
    🤧 My husband and I are mostly over the cold we got babysitting last weekend (I’m quite sure the parents knew their kids were sick when they dropped them off, the hacking cough was a clue, yes I was annoyed!) feel so much better.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! NATALIE a new jumper sounds comfy and cosy! Glad you and OH getting better. Naughty of those people to leave their sick kids with you.
    VERANO hope you enjoyed FD get together yday
    My Monday pozz’s…
    * ~ Happy Solstice for tomoz..longest day for some of us to enjoy!
    *~ Had a laugh visiting sister ..she was in very good spirits despite everything
    *~ I can’t think of numero three except just thankful the day has gone smoothly xx
    😘🙂🙃😘

• posted by Natalie
    on

🌘 Longest night of the year here! Which means we are turning the corner back towards spring and warmth.
    💻 After a lot of head-scratching, was able to help a student work out an computer issue neither of us had ever seen before.
    ✅ I finished some signage I was working on for the library, instead of just the Dewey Decimal number each shelf-end now also has some broad categories (700 Art, 994 Australian History, 611 Anatomy) for those who don’t understand the numbers (ie nearly everyone).

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends! Hope you’re all feeling well and happy xx!
    My Tuesday happys…
    *~ Received the £150 towards energy from govt. Can’t remember if it’s a grant or a loan,but nice to see it in my account!
    *~ Made sensible eating choices today 👍
    *~ Loving the longest day of the year! 😘🙂🙃 xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello everyone.
    Natalie you must be feeling better knowing your shortest day has passed just like we enjoyed our longest day but winter isn’t even a fleeting thought at the moment as we have sun at the moment….
    So to my first positive….
    🌞🌞🌞 Loving this wonderful sunny weather.
    🥙🥩🍽 so easy to eat healthy foods at the moment and loving bbq meals. Tonight it’s lamb in Korean spices for OH and mackerel in Thai spices for me.
    📚📚📚Reading Rangan Chatterjee book at the moment ‘Happy Mind, Happy Life’. Interesting but a bit off the wall for me. Nonetheless, some great food for thought.
    Sunny hope you’re still enjoying your trip.
    Yowzer sounds like yesterday wad a ‘good’ day for you … hope today is as good.
    Have a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! I was so excited,it looked like I had loads of messages from this thread!
    Is the forum experiencing summer madness! V your post was delivered either 16 or 17 times! Gave me a giggle.
    Enjoy your dindins V and OH
    Something else that made me chuckle..I picked up a plate then decided to use a different one ..and said “ Sorry mate” to the first plate as I put it down🙂🙃 I deffo have a touch of too much sun!
    Nothing to report today,very quiet one,and v v glad to rest and do nice quiet things like crosswords
    Sending up a prayer for all those caught up in Afghanistan earthquake 🙏🙏
    Time now to peer into the fridge,see what’s for my next meal!
    Got some lovely strawbs for afters,theyre so sweet and juicy 😘
    Love to all xxx

• posted by Natalie
    on

🗓 I am on three weeks break, two of them school holidays, we have no plans except snuggling down at home playing board games and watching TV. Lovely. After that I’m not sure as it turns out I won’t know about permanent jobs for months probably, but that is ok I’m sure I’ll pick up more casual work.
    🏛 I’ve finished at the workplace I didn’t like as much as my other libraries for a variety of reasons; including long commute, and broken heating so we all huddled over little heaters in the workroom (probably about 12 degrees out in the shelves, students put ON extra parkas and beanies to come in, and hurried out again as quickly as possible). I’d started to feel a sense of ownership there and I didn’t hate it, but it was something of a relief to have that stint over with.
    📝 I was working there part time while the usual person was elsewhere but she still came in Mondays and she’d leave lovely notes on my/our desk inviting me to use her stuff, and commenting on the book I was reading. I still haven’t met her but she seems very nice!
    👕 I bought two more jumpers today, one blue/white and one pink/grey on a two for the price of one deal.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Yowzer I didn’t get any duplicate Verano posts.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I got multiples of V’s post too, but never mind … just one of those Internet gremlins!
    Yowser, hope your sister is continuing to improve.
    Natalie, as someone who hates being cold, think I’d find it hard to find the positives of working in that library. Enjoy your time off.
    Just a couple of positives from me ….
    🌸 ticking things off the Pre-Travel To Do list, as we leave here next Tuesday. Slowly getting things sorted for that event, doing a little every day.
    🌸 had my hair refreshed yesterday … last visit to my hairdresser for this trip, so it will have to last until October, with only home input until then.

Looking forward to visiting a quiet fishing village for lunch today, so better get on with making myself presentable for the day ahead! Have a great Friday everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi ladies!
    SUNNY enjoy yr last days in Turkiye and wishing you a smooth trip home! X
    NATALIE enjoy your time off!X
    *~ My first poz is library related too. Just been to my local library and picked up two books I ordered,also noticed and pounced on with delight a new book by one of my favourites ( David Sedaris) Very grateful for library services 👏👏
    *~ Weather overcast today but was still v hot when I first went out,but now we have lovely cool fresh breeze. No sign of the expected storm but hope it comes, I love watching storms,specially if I’m warm and dry indoors
    *~ looking forward now to a lazy avvo and evening with trotters up and my nose stuck in a book…living the dream!😃hehe!
    Just noticed this Food for thought saying…
    The 3 Cs of life..
    Choices,Chances,Changes..you must make a choice to take a chance to change your life 💜💚🥳 xx
    Have a Grrrreat Weekend! XX

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sorry some of you were plagued by multiple posts but strangely it only appeared here once.
    Natalie enjoy your break.
    Yowzer hope you’re enjoying your relaxing afternoon.
    Sunny bet you’ll be pleased to leave before the high heat of summer arrives!
    ✂️👩🏻✂️ Hair cut and coloured today so feeling back to ‘normal’. My last hair cut involved highlights and I just needed a bit of depth so now I have low lights too! Looks good anyway.
    👗👚🥿 I’ve had a spree this week ordering all sorts of tops, dresses and shoes. Felt in need of cheering up my wardrobe. Probably because the sun was shining. Some are keepers but the majority will be returned. Anyway a few new additions make me feel brighter.
    🥒🥬🍅 Salad with Thai salmon skewers for dinner tonight. I bought an electric plancha many, many years ago so that will have to do rather than the bbq as it’s raining now!
    Love your saying Yowzer. I found one yesterday as I was rereading an old post of mine ….. Coming last is better than not finishing!
    Have a good weekend!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Thought I’d just pop in and post.
    Sunny hope you’re packing for homecoming is underway and you’re enjoying you’re last few days.
    Natalie hope you’re still enjoying your ‘down time’
    Yowzer hope your sister is still improving.
    Positives from me …. nice quiet weekend but am spending time looking at flight cancellations in the hope we will actually get away on holiday in 5 weeks …. everything crossed!!!
    Monday tomorrow, new week let’s hope it’s a good one. Enjoy!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks V just got back from seeing sis,she’s doing quite well now,still a way to go yet.
    ( on way home tho,police cordon outside saint johns market,so I don’t know whats happening there..)
    Hope yr Hol can go ahead V.
    My feel goods for the weekend!
    *~ Watched Macca at Glasto on tv last night. Cried at times.The guy I loved when I was a teen is STILL making thousands happy decades later with his music.
    At 72,I cant stand for two hours,and certainly couldn’t last two hours without peeing my pants.
    I’m tired climbing the stairs,then I wonder why I’m upstairs.
    He plays a 2 hour gig ( guitars,piano,ukulele,mandolin,word perfect on all the songs,chats to the audience..all without one shedding one bead of sweat) at age 80,with a zillion of his own songs to choose from.
    Goes offstage still as fresh as a daisy,and still fab. 💜
    And what a drummer,I love that guy. And it gives me goosebumps when the crowd sing along.
    Tonight,watching an Eagles concert.
    What a fantastic time this is to be alive! thank you Universe!🙏🙏
    Well that’s more than enough from me,except ..
    At farmers market yesterday. Spoke to a woman who had two rescue dogs,one small,one big.
    She had just had to purchase a big cake from one of the stalls as her smaller dog had jumped up to the stand and taken a bite out of it!😂
    Goodnight,good morning,cats and kittens. Enjoy what the new week holds,hope it’s all good things for you xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Well for the first time in quite a while I do actually have positives without having to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
    👫🥙☕️ Out for lunch with friends who we’ve not seen in ages…. lovely to have some sort of normality back into life.
    🚗🏖☀️ Last minute trip down to the south coast on Saturday for 5 nights. So looking forward to some time away and especially spending time with son and family.
    Feeling positive here …. what more can you ask for.
    Sunny hope trip home is/was good.
    Yowzer ahh the Eagles!
    Hope everyone is well.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quick check in with a few positives … have now started our drive home from Turkiye, with the first day done. Was a good drive, used a different route which proved a much more relaxed drive.

We had a good night at our hotel in Gelibolu near Gallipoli and today spent a few hours both looking at local memorials and sampling some wonderful local wines, with an excellent lunch. Also bought some craft items in pottery and olive wood.

Tomorrow we drive across Greece, ready for our ferry crossing to Italy the following day.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all!
    VERANO!enjoy that break! Great to get to see yr folks X
    SUNNY driving across Greece sounds amazing…will you go through the Peloponnese area or is that too far south? My geog isn’t v good!
    My positives…
    * ~ Sister’s just arrived at rehab. Might be there weeks,but it’s another step
    towards heading back home!
    * ~ That’s about it for today but it’s big news for her family! Apart from that I’m just happy to wake up each day to whatever that day brings. Two sleeps til July…the year’s rushing past, so squeeze the best you can from each day! XX
    💚🌸 Each day provides its own gifts. (Marcus Aurelius) 🌸💚
    A poster I saw made me laugh…
    TEENAGERS! Tired of being harassed by your stupid parents? ACT NOW!
    Move out.Get a job.Pay your bills while you still know everything!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Yowzer so pleased to hear the news about your sister. Hope she’s home from rehab soon.
    Sunny sounds like a wonderful journey … travel safely.
    Natalie hope you’re well and enjoying your break
    Any other readers …. hope you’re well too and post!
    So…..
    Really enjoying Wimbledon.
    Looking forward to five nights away with immediate and extended family
    Really really looking forward to ‘NO COOKING’!
    Will try to pop in but if not have a good week.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,happy 1 July!
    V,enjoy yr family time!
    My positives
    *~ Sisters rehab facility clean and bright,good food,caring staff
    *~ Today met young couple with tiny new baby boy, they were so happy! Dad looked exhausted,Mum looked great 😀(baby born two days ago on her birthday) They have a ten year old boy who’s so excited to be a big brother. Lovely to talk to them 💜
    *~ DD has received Award for Excellence prize ( £500) nominated by her boss ..v proud Mummy x

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’ve been away from the WOE but just caught up reading your lovely positives.
    🎁🎉 It’s my birthday! Lovely quiet day with the family as it storms and pours down outside. We have people coming tomorrow for games and pizza, weather permitting!
    ⬆️ I don’t think of it as getting older, I went up a level!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all..NATALIE ..belated birthday wishes!🥂xx
    I’m giving thanks for a lovely weekend …
    *~ Enjoyed street market on Saturday
    *~ Afternoon tea at DDs yesterday was great..nice food,summery Pimms,and lovely company
    * ~ Quiet day at home today …A book I ordered arrived,hurrah!
    🍎🍐 🍓Enjoy the week ahead everyone XX 🍇🍐🍎xxxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Still on our journey home to the UK, so apologies for not checking on more often, but can report the following highlights …
    🍷discovered there’re wineries near Gallipoli, one of which we visited and thoroughly enjoyed, including wine tasting, lunch and purchasing wines and local crafts.
    🤗spending a couple of days with an old friend whilst in France. Was lovely to catch up in person and spend proper time together. Excited the he is planning a UK visit later this year.
    💑OH, he’s done the lion’s share of the driving on our way home and we have had some lovely evenings dining and laughing … no more needed.

• posted by Verano
    on

Belated ‘Happy Birthday’ Natalie.
    Sunny glad you are almost home and the journey has had some real highs.
    Yowzer…. street markets, books, afternoon tea, Pimms and friends too …. can we ask for anymore?
    Well, we are back from our impromptu six day trip down to the south coast. The weather was mixed…. not wet but not very sunny. It was warm so couldn’t ask for anymore
    I do have positives …… how much time do you have!!!…
    ☀️👨‍👩‍👧☀️Wonderfully precious, good quality family time with those we don’t see often enough. Can’t describe how good it was spending so much time with our granddaughter
    🐟🐟🐟 Amazing fish!!! Ate wonderful fish in some of the most amazing restaurants including a famous fish chef’s place! Wonderful food. But if you aren’t a fish lover it might not have been so good!
    🍚🥂🍤 Ok so last night I practised ‘flexible eating’ with a Chinese meal! I didn’t have rice … so all good there ??? Actually, I tested my blood sugar when we got home today and it was well within the normal range! Guess the odd deviation doesn’t harm.
    Can I have one more? …. our tickets for our cruise in August were here when we got home …. maybe this will really happen🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Still not counting my chickens but just over three weeks to go and maybe, maybe, just maybe!!
    Hope today has been a positive one for you……if not for some reason …. then let’s definitely make tomorrow a ‘positive’ day.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, so gladyou have had a great time away and 🤞🏻the cruise happens this time. Limiting myself to commenting on last post only, so apologies to others.

We are on our last stop over on foreign shores tonight. Have had a lovely meal, but last evening was even better. This time tomorrow we will be back in the UK … already we are wondering where all the time went!

Specific positive from today…
    🚗 Good drive to final stop this side of the channel
    🍽 very pleasant meal at hotel this evening
    🚗 friend also made it safely to his vacation destination after a 9hr drive.
    🖋 have put a friend on recording three daily positives… 🤞🏻it will help him turn around his current negative mental mindset
    Keep those positive posts coming folks!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oooh lotsa lovely happy news here 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Just a quick one for me,after visiting my sister this evening at her rehab place,I went home via town. It was so lovely at 9 pm …still sunny,blue skyl,loads of people enjoying a drink and/ or food.
    Love these summer evenings..I got a cappucino to take away. Not long home,bit late to cook,might have a piece of toast but not hungry,which is always good news! XX
    Have a fab weekend everyone!💜🫶🏻💚xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Just watching the Women’s final but I must admit I find ladies tennis a bit difficult to get into especially when I don’t recognise the players!
    Sunny hope you are safely home now and at least you won’t have too much of a temperature shock!
    Yowzer hope your sister is continuing to improve and at least you can visit. My cousin was in rehab in 2021 and the best we could do were visits through the window as he was on the ground floor.
    Well I do have a few positives…..
    🧺👕👚Washing up to date now just a pile of ironing to do!
    👦🏻🧑🏼👩🏻Friends here for lunch tomorrow and I’m making a pavlova for the first time in an age …… for the guests of course!
    ☀️🐟🥗Wonderful weather for fish and salad in the garden tonight …. maybe with some crisp, cold white!
    Have a good evening whatever you’re doing.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi kids,VERANO hope the lunch went well.pavlova..scrumptious! 💜
    My happy things for today
    *~ New bed delivered for spare room,well I say spare room,but I call it The Annexe as DD uses it to store all the stuff ..clothes,toiletries..she has no space for at home. Two young guys assembled the bed..they were so tall and lovely! Couldn’t have been nicer and more helpful.
    *~ Enjoying reading Louis Theroux’s Theroux the Keyhole…account of his family’s life during locko. I listened to it on audiobook but snoozed through some of it so thought I wd borrow the book from library. Lovely to have the libraries up and running again! 👏👏👏👏
    *~ Going to theatre tomorrow night with friend to see Roger Daltrey..kind nephew bought tickets for it ages ago.
    Having meal beforehand near theatre ( V,at Ma Egertons,or possibly the Wethys right next to Lime street station )
    Have a grrrrrreat week folks!
    Thought for the week..
    Let exercise be your stress reliever,not food! 🥳👍👏👏 xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    Yowzer hope tonight lives up to your dreams!
    Sunny hope you’re home safely and settling back in.
    Everyone else …. hello hope you’re all well.
    So I do have a few positives but before that I have a huge negative! I’ve been making pavlova for as long as I can remember, yesterday, woke up, took it out of the oven after letting it cool overnight, and then ….. put it in the bin! Don’t ask me! I have no idea! It just didn’t work, no crunchy outside just all ‘marshmallow’, but the positive was I had a frozen fruit tart in the freezer so all wasn’t lost.
    🥗🥗🥗Made a wonderful watermelon, feta etc. salad that I’ve never made before but will definitely make again.
    🏨🏨🏨 Couple of nights away at the moment in a lovely country house hotel with great food …. and with good low carb options!
    Hope this week is a good one full of positives …. at least here in the UK our positive is the weather is due to be warm and not wet! Enjoy!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks V, we got home last evening. Sadly, I managed to pick up covid at some point on our way back, happily only have symptoms of a very heavy head cold though. Despite being under par, there are some positives to report ….
    🙂 OH testing negative for covid at present
    💑 my lovely OH has been looking after me while I’ve been poorly
    🚗 our journey back from Turkiye was a lovely adventure
    Enjoy your break Verano.

on

Hi Sunny, heard you went to the Alsace on your way home. We were there, lovely place. Get well soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi SG, yes we stopped off in Alsace for three days. It’s such a beautiful area and we have an old friend there, so a good opportunity to catch up with him and do a little wine tasting too 🙂🍷

While I’m here, will post positives ….
    🙂 feeling quite a bit better today, but taking things slowly as tiring easily (Thanks for asking SG)
    🧳have made a small start at unpacking, so the heap in the living room is beginning to shrinking.
    🎉 starting to plan a party for August, to celebrate a few family milestones happening this year.

Hope your day has been a good one, please do let us know about your positives, we’d love to read about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii folks! 🥳 SUNNY …glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better 👍👍 and that OH hasn’t succumbed to the lurgy 👏👏
    V enjoy yr nights away 🥂🥳
    *~ My first pozz ( hehe!) is lately I’ve come to the forum and still been logged in,hurrah! Lazy I know but it’s nice not to have the faff of signing in.
    *~ Enjoyed rare evening out last night..had meal first which was very nice and a few crisp dry white wines were just right on a beautiful warm summers evening. Really enjoyed the Roger Daltrey gig,his band were amazing,and our seats were perfect. Lovely to catch up at last with an old pal,haven’t seen much of each other over the last two years.
    *~ Feeling tired today and achey,but very lucky I can just sit and read my Louis Theroux book,and every so often have a little snooze- ette! My thought for today but can’t remember the author…
    “ Sometimes you just have to rest,the world can wait”…..
    🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂🍓🥂
    XXXX

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Sunny only just picked up that you’re unwell ….hope you’re soon up and running again.
    Yowzer love the saying and glad you’re getting out and about even if it does leave you tired.
    Well, yes, I do have some positives…..
    🥂🥗🐴 Lovely day at Beverley races today even though the weather was iffy …. a tiny bit wet, very overcast but mainly hot and muggy.
    👫🥦🍸 Friends joining us for dinner tonight which is always nice.
    📅✂️🪞Hair and nail appointments booked for upcoming trip.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
    Really enjoying this semblance of ‘real’ life…. long may it last!
    Have a good night.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends,just had to pop by to tell you that today I received an invitation to Carols by Candlelight on Dec 7 th!
    Of course,I immediately bought my tickets,and ordered my Easter eggs 2023 at same time!
    Aside from that little bit of fun,I’ve found a photo from where I lost weight on BSD 2017 and I actually had a waist! Went in and out with nice trim hips. Waist not previously seen circa 1985 when I had an evening job in a club when DD was little,and all that running about behind the bar kept me in shape! I’ll keep referring to said photo,think it might just give my head a wobble and inspire me to do better on the food and drinks menu! XXXXX
    Midweek already folks! Enjoy every day xxxx
    SUNNY hope you’re continuing to recover from the lurgy X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, really glad you’re having a good time away.
    Yowser, your evening out sounds wonderful. Hope you have now recovered.

Thought I’d drop by with a few positives ….
    🙂 am continuing to improve day on day. Not quite 100% yet, but getting there.
    🌸 have managed a little gardening done and pleased to say that with regular watering, at least one of my ‘feared lost’ plants is reviving.
    🧳 unpacking now officially complete, just a few bits in need of a proper home, even if temporary, but will get those sorted out tomorrow.
    🌸 my orchids which had been corralled in the kitchen for watering while we were away, have now been redistributed throughout the house again.

on

Thought it might be a good time to look for some positives in my life while I am waiting for my medical results. Life has to continue and be as good and happy as we can make it so here goes.

Hubby has started doing all the washing (clothes) because he knows it wears me out.
    Had a wonderful 45 minute swim this morning – it was hot already at 10.30 so it was a nice cool down as well as some well needed exercise.
    Saturday it is hubbys turn to cook dinner – he does it twice a week – and he is not doing sausages and beans. He is making a not too hot chilli con carne.

Keep on keeping on…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SG, this is the ideal weather for a private pool! How lovely that your OH is cooking this evening, so you don’t need to worry about it.

Some positives from me …
    🙂 feeling 99% better now, glad to be well enough to get active again.
    🌱 my lovely grandson spent 4hrs gardening with me today, helping me to break the back of the task, which was considerable after four months away. Now I can just potter as and when to finish it off.
    🛒 got a big shop done this morning … first since we got home.
    🐟 cod with a roasted pepper and walnut topping for dinner this evening, reakly looking forward to it.

Really hope your day is going/has gone well and that you’ll post a positive or two soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Sunny glad your feel 99% now …. gosh wish I did!! But hey can’t complain.
    Yowzer ….. a waist ? What is a waist, whatever, I’d love one!
    S-g we can always find a positive if we try but sometimes, like now, it’s really difficult …. just a few days to go. Fingers crossed for you.
    Yes I do have positives……
    🥗🥂🧀 lovely bbq at neighbours and even carb friendly ….. salad and cheese for me , no dessert and no ice cream …. my halo is well and truly polished!
    ☀️👨🏼‍🍳🍔. Great company and even better ‘chef’. Just good to have a ‘real life’ day with friends without fears.
    👱🏻‍♂️Lovely to have son and family here for the next few weeks.
    We just have to find the ‘best’ even when things feel gloomy. We’re doing pretty well but just have to keep on keeping on ………

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, sounds like you are having a wonderfully social time at the moment. Make the most of having your family and friends around.

Thought I’d drop in with a positive or two.
    🙂 reclaimed our conservatory today and moved on a quantity of old but serviceable toys too.
    🌸 bit more done in the garden, including feeding the roses and getting OH to saw two dead branches off the lilac at the front of the house.
    😋 had a very good steak for dinner …. simply but really tasty. …. Oh, and the fish last night was great.

Looking forward to a lazy evening and a cheeky gin and sparkling water.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all,just popping in to say Wowzer Yowzer,hope you’re managing to keep cool!
    Sunday afternoon here today,everywhere sooo quiet,nobody passing by,no traffic…
    Reminded me of being a kid on hot summer Sunday afternoons..shops closed,most of our friends gone to visit their grandparents for tea,our street empty. We didn’t need to go,our grandparents,aunt and uncle all lived opposite our house!
    We wd watch tv on their tiny box!..usually a cowboy film,then “ Father Knows Best”…does anyone remember that?
    Nice memories,so that’s my positive for today..plus of course very happy to be able to stay home,cool and shady indoors,watching tv and reading 💜💚
    Have a great week everyone and be cool dudes! 😄 xxxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just a quick drop in to post positives….
    🌱 got out in the garden early this morning, to water plant containers in prep for the extreme heat. Glad to say in our little corner, it wasn’t unbearably hot today though…. at least not for me.
    🌸 grandson called for a bit of gardening advice … nice to have an unexpected chat.
    🍽 today was my first day back to strict eating.

How was your day … any positives to report?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI SUNNY and all! X
    *~ I became a great-great-aunt in the early hours of this morning. I feel ancient! 😄😄My great-niece had a little girl 4 a.m. 🥳 A dramatic labour and birth on the hottest day/ night on record,and born in between two claps of thunder!
    *~ And my sister is now a great grandma!
    That’s more than enough happy positives for today!
    Silly joke for the day..
    A clown turned up for work late on his first day and he got sacked from the circus. He’s suing for funfair dismissal.

~ Peace.L💜ve.Good Health.Happi💕ness. ~

• posted by Verano
    on

Congratulations ‘Great Aunty Yowzer’. Lovely news. Hope your sisters still improving … great news for her.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello everyone.
    Very much need to post something ‘positive’ because for some reason I feel a big lie today.
    So here we go …..
    👩🏻🪞✂️ Hair appointment brought forward one week which is good news. Last time I didn’t have much of a cut and I found my longer hair really irritating in this hot weather.
    🥗🧀🥙Enjoying lots of salads but now just need to find a recipe for a good Caesar dressing that’s not calorie laden like Cardini’s which is beautiful BUT……
    Breaking news ….. it’s Liz v Rishi ….. could we have another femail PM???
    Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Huge congrats to all your family, Yowser. I’m sure the little new family👶 member will bring lots of joy to you all.
    V, lovely to have a hair appointment to look forward to … I’ll have to wait three months before I can see my hairdresser again😔.

Here’s a few positives from me ….
    🌧 we’ve had a little rain today, not much, but enough that I won’t need to water the pots this evening.
    👕 bought a couple of bargain tops in a charity shop this morning, one of which looks like it’s never been worn.
    👰 got a download of DD’s official wedding photos, some of which are really beautiful, now I just need to build them an album🙂.

Looking forward to re-establishing Date Night💖, starting this Friday. Menu has been planned and shopped for, so already to kick it off again 🙂.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Just wanted to pop in and report a few ‘positives’.
    Sunny so pleased to hear ‘date night’ is going to be up and running again.
    Yowzer hope all is well.
    So my first positive …..
    👩🏻✂️🪞 Lovely new cut and colour. Ordered some new Velcro rollers today because some of mine are so old they collapse when I try to use them!
    🥗🥂🧆 Out with son and partner last night in a small bistro for a meal that turned out to be a really, really lovely meal (Yowzer not a million miles from you!)
    That’s it for me for today.
    Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thought it time I offered up some more positives, as it’s been a couple of days since I last posted any ….
    💑 lovely date night with OH on Friday
    🙂 visited with eldest son and family last evening, really good to see them again – first time since we got home.
    🖼 have been building an album of DD’s wedding photos for my parents, which is now almost complete.
    🍸OH has finished putting shelves in my new cocktail cabinet, so I’m looking forward to starting to ‘populate’ it tomorrow.

Do tell us about the high points of your weekend, we’d love to read about them.

Please log in or register to post a reply.