Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Just want to say ‘hello’.
    Not having been out of the UK for so long I’m out of the ‘packing’ habit so I now need to write a ‘to-do-list’!
    OK …. positive …. list done …. working through it methodically!
    Hope you are all well and finding some positives in life.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! Sorry for absence,been busy …

VERANO..hehe! So funny,when Vs family were in bistro,we were (unknown to all of us at the time) right next door in another restaurant. Glad you enjoyed yr fambly get together V ! Nice we were all out celebrating. Think we appreciate it more after ..was it three? …lockdowns.
    Ooh SUNNY how lovely,a cocktail cabinet! That means, of course,you must do lots of sampling! 🍹🍸🍹hic!
    My positives for today…
    *~ There’s usually some sort of silver lining to everything..my sisters rehab hub is in lockdown,some covid cases…fortunately my sister testing negative. And the visitors get a break,and so does sister,as I’m sure sometimes visitors for two hours twice a day is a bit much. She can keep in touch by phone and will prob be glad,though too nice to ever say so,to have a few naps in peace.
    *~ I have bought a catflap for our cat’s 50 th ( in human years ) birthday. He already has one from the house to outside..this one allows him back in through the back gate instead of having to jump the wall when he comes home. For a while now he’s been struggling on and off walls..a pelvic injury when he was young is giving him problems now. This will make life easier for him. He’s never been a cat who can stay indoors 24/7 tho we wish he was..far less to worry about when they don’t roam.
    *~ Just been to pick up my prescription and had three interesting chats en route. I love having a little window into other people’s worlds
    Keep smiling everyone,and wow..it’s almost August! I got an email yesterday asking did I want to join a Christmas club …
    ( No! 🤨😄 )

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps VERANO you flipped us over onto a new page!
    🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes Yowzer that was a bit bizarre! Fancy being so close yet so far…..
    Well I’m signing out for now but will be back towards the end of August.
    In the meantime stay well, enjoy what’s left of the summer, but above all stay ‘positive’!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Looks like some how, my post from yesterday has disappeared, but hey ho!
    V, have a fabulous time away, relax and enjoy, we’ll be here when you get back. Great to see you’ve flipped us to yet another new page to record positives.
    Yowser, good to see you here again. Hope you’ll soon be able to visit your sister, meanwhile, I’m sure there will be plenty of phone chats.

Positives from me today ….
    🌸 enjoyed a little potter in the garden, mainly deadheading and weeding. Pleased to see most of the roses are putting out new shoots.
    🛍 repaired the handles on a couple of shopping bags, which will prolong the life of the bags.
    🧳 started compiling the packing list for our autumn trip, needs further thought, but there’s time to revisit it later.
    Whatever you have been doing today, hope you found some positives here and there.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Positives from the SW UK ….
    🙂 cleared the breakfast bar of heaps of tat. It is just inside the entrance we use most, so we tend to just dump stuff there as we come in the house. The kitchen looks so much bigger when it’s clear!
    🛏 made a bed up ready for GD arriving tomorrow… really excited to see her.
    🌸 in clearing the breakfast bar, I found some anenome corms (I know, right?). Anyway, planted some of them this afternoon. 🤞🏻they will take and proving some flowers in a month or so.

What were the highlights of your day?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY I love anemones! So pretty!
    *~ I’ve been a bit like you SUNNY today,in clearing mode..I feel another Feng Shui session coming on! I do love that “ clearing spaces” feel. And sometimes you can be surprised by finding sthing nice like your anemone corms.
    *~ Had a lovely little break having a drink and a catch up with DD as she had a days leave. I told her about yr cocktail cabinet,she was very impressed and now she wants one too! Chatted to her while she unpacked lots of stuff for their garden.
    *~ Hehe! More Xmas fun today,got details in the post about a Christmas fete ! They at least had the decency to say,we know it s a bit early 😀 I do love a fete tho so will pencil it in on my calendar!
    Take care everyone, keep safe,my neighbour the latest to succumb to covid,bless her,she shielded throughout the lockdowns,so it’s such bad luck,seems so unfair.
    Look after yourselves! 💕💜💚💕

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola folks! Hope you’re enjoying the weekend
    I’ve had a great day and I’m so thankful for it
    *~ Went for lunch with Beau,really enjoyed it. Haven’t seen much of him over the last few weeks with sister being ill. It’s now ten pm and I’m still not hungry,might make it to bedtime without eating anything else.
    *~ Saw DD for a couple of hours. We were chatting and then we both got sleepy and had a nap!
    *~ I rarely buy a newspaper but I bought the Guardian today,so much to read it will last me all weekend.
    Take care Chickabiddies and stay positive! XX
    🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓
    I’ve just become a fan of Tom Waits music..and I like this quote from him…
    ~ “The Universe is making music all of the time” ~

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, sounds like you have had a lovely time catching up with Beau and DD.

Thought I should post some positives and a one of mine are family related too ….
    🍽 dined out Thursday evening and caught up with some friends from the village.
    🙂 enjoyed having youngest GD here with us for a few days and seeing her Mum when she dropped her off and her Dad when he collected her today. Haven’t seen my son for months, so was really good to spend a bit of time with him.
    🌱 spent some time in the garden this afternoon, got a bit more pruning done and happy to find that a few more plants I thought dead have started to push put new shoots.

🍸 date night has been deferred to tomorrow evening, so I’m looking forward spending an evening with OH.
    Also looking forward to us working together tomorrow, to get the spare rooms sorted out ready for guests on 13th August.

That’s all from me for this time, what positives have popped into your life recently? Hope you’ll share a few soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Here are a few positives for Tuesday….
    💑 pleasant date night last evening
    🙂 currently successfully fasting and am 23hrs in. Challenging myself to see how far I can comfortably extend it in to tomorrow.
    🌸 planted some nerine bulbs
    That’s me for today …. what about you?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii Peeps!
    Oh SUNNY I bow down to you on the long fast. 👏👏Think 18 hours is the most I’ve ever managed..and not very often either,probably only two or three times,tops. Well done!
    My TuesdayThings To Be Happy About..
    *~ Lockdown lifted at my sisters rehab hub,..will visit tomorrow.
    *~ Lovely time out and about today. Saw my hairdresser,and talked about the exciting things ahead for her..new baby and new home! Fed the ducks and wild birds. Sat having coffee in the sunshine with Beau.
    *~ Didn’t sleep last night and though that’s not great,I’m soooo ready to jump into my comfy bed tonight…and very soon!
    Off to the Land of Nod and sweet dreamzzzzzzzzzzzz….
    Look after yourselves positive people …and if you can’t be good,be careful! 😀🥳 xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How wonderful you can see your sister again, Yowser. Hope you get a better night’s sleep 😴 tonight.
    Positives from my corner of the UK ….
    🙂 had a breast screening today 🤞🏻 that will come back clear.
    🎉 succeeded in managing a 45hr fast. Longest I’ve done and was surprised it wasn’t more difficult.
    🍽 modest meal to break fast this evening, including a salad dressing made of yogurt, lemon juice, a little grated parmesan and S&P … very tasty.
    🛍 did some shopping for our up coming party which is in just over a week.
    🎈bought all the birthday cards needed, for birthdays while we’re away in autumn.
    🌦 had some proper rain today … only a long shower, but enough to give the garden a much needed drink.

Feel like it has been a productive day. Tomorrow I’m looking forward to creating an anniversary for OH, ready for early October.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have had a good day, so popping in to post some positives ….
    🍽 BSD eating has gone will again today, 🤞🏻I can keep the momentum going.
    🧹 got quite a bit of domestic stuff done, in prep for entertaining a week on Saturday.
    🌱 did a bit of light gardening, so happy it’s shaping up well again, after our long absence. Itching for more rises to rebloom.
    Tomorrow I really WILL get around to creating an anniversary card for OH … today I created a printed tree ‘guest book’ for the guest coming to our ‘do’ on 13th.
    Hope you have had a good day, whatever you have been doing.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wow SUNNY you’re such a BUSYBEE! 💜xx
    My one positive today..! Went to see my sister and one of the staff shouted “ Your daughters here to see you”!
    My sister was laughing her head off,she said a few members of staff have thought we were mother and daughter. I’m six years younger and tbh I think I look six years younger but no more than that. I think the fact I have brown hair still and she’s snowy white,so a quick glance from sbody with ( very ) poor eyesight could lead you to say mum/ daughter!
    Even so,it made my day and put a spring in my step!😄
    Happy Friday and happy weekend all xxx!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you had a lovely jolly visit with your sister, Yowser.
    My day has been another busy one including sonr positives…..
    🛏 major declutter of one of the spare bedrooms, which resulted in finding disks with loads of forgotten photos and a copy of our wedding video … a trip down memory lane.
    🎄 made some Christmas gift tags from old cards found in the declutter.
    📞 lovely long phone chat with Mum.

Has been a good day all in all, getting the weekend off to a good start. Hope you will all have a great weekend whatever you’re planning to do … enjoy!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone!
    SUNNY I bet yr MuM really appreciates a long chat with you!
    Isnt it lovely when you declutter and find some treasures?
    my positives today…
    *~ Summery Saturday! Though I need to keep in the shade ( have a sun allergy,can’t remember the name,I thought I just had prickly heat but doctor told me it’s called poly something…) I do love to see bright days! Gives us all that feel good factor that we need.
    Specially enjoy sitting outdoors with a long drink chatting and watching the world go by. Today I had a big blood orange gin with lots of tonic and ice and a big wedge of orange! Head was spinning afterwards!
    * ~ Picked up 3 books I’d ordered from library,only 90 p, for the three…bargain!
    *~ Had a bit of a shopping spree,I really enjoyed it after shopping online for two years now. Got some baby clothes for my new 2 week old great greatniece- sale items,plus some tops for me,again,sale. So that’s my autumn wardrobe nearly sorted!
    Haaaaappy Saturday/ Sunday everyone! XXXX 💜💚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely day, Yowser …. Big gin and shopping spree, that sounds like my sort of day!
    However, mine has been much more domestic, but blessed with positives nonetheless…..
    ☕🫖 have been researching things to do and places to go in Singapore and have booked us afternoon tea at an art deco style establishment. It also has a huge gin selection, some sampling might well happen too!
    🧹🙂 wiped down kitchen units and decor webbed the rooms downstairs.
    🙂 OH install new socket in one of the spare bedrooms, so now I can get it set up ready fir guests next weekend

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! SUNNY how exciting to be planning Singapore AND even better …..avvo tea in Singapore!XX
    That sounds fab,specially accompanied by a few gins….when do you go?
    *~ I’m having a chill out day today,sitting by the fan with my book and a cold drink!
    Sun is shining in thru the windows..lovely jubbly!
    * ~ Friend sent me an inspirational video which I really enjoyed watching and felt uplifted by
    *~ DD had her frontdrive power washed this morning and it looks fab..lovely pinky purple colours that we had forgotten were there under the years of grime!
    Enjoy the week and some wise words I just read earlier..
    🍓🍓Don’t wait until your life is perfect before you start enjoying your life 🍓🍓

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, a chill out day sounds ideal, hope you loved every minute.
    We go to Singapore in September, by way of celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We went to Singapore and Maldives for our honeymoon and we redo that every five years …. at least so far.

Anyway, today has been another full of blue skies here and it feels like it’s been a productive day, with a few positives too.
    🤭 fasting again and have discovered if I ignore hunger pangs and find something to do, they disappear surprisingly quickly.
    🛏 prepped one spare room and part prepped the other, ready for guests at the weekend.
    🕷 whilst prepping said room, discovered an evil looking black spider, but evicted him with the aid of a glass and a birthday card. Was proud of myself finding the courage, as I’m definitely not a spider person!
    Monday is pretty much done, did it bring you any positives?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh gosh SUNNY I really admire you being kind to the spider,I too am scared of them. I put conkers in corners,they say spiders don’t like the smell ( who discovered that!) but it does work,I rarely see one. You can buy a conker spray now.
    What a lovely idea,going back to your honeymoon destination every five years,you two are such lovely lovebirds! 💜💚
    Well done with the fasting. I agree,the hunger pangs do pass,and while you’re not eating you’re not digesting and you give yr body a chance to get on with other necessary processes instead. Win win! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh I can’t kill spiders, Yowser … the crunch is awful! If they are too big for me to evict and OH isn’t around, I trap them under a glass and then get him to do the rest when he gets home. Definitely going to look into the conker spray though, thanks for the tip.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quick drop in, to report positives….
    🙂 managed to get to 47hrs on my fast, which I’m very happy with.
    👣 treated myself to a little home pedicure, to try snd keep my feet vaguely summer presentable.
    🥳 tidied up some things in the living room and got rid of a lot of unnecessary ‘stuff’
    Looking forward to lunch with grandson tomorrow.

Whar’s happening with you? Do come and share a positive or two.

Please log in or register to post a reply.