Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Just want to say ‘hello’.
    Not having been out of the UK for so long I’m out of the ‘packing’ habit so I now need to write a ‘to-do-list’!
    OK …. positive …. list done …. working through it methodically!
    Hope you are all well and finding some positives in life.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! Sorry for absence,been busy …

VERANO..hehe! So funny,when Vs family were in bistro,we were (unknown to all of us at the time) right next door in another restaurant. Glad you enjoyed yr fambly get together V ! Nice we were all out celebrating. Think we appreciate it more after ..was it three? …lockdowns.
    Ooh SUNNY how lovely,a cocktail cabinet! That means, of course,you must do lots of sampling! 🍹🍸🍹hic!
    My positives for today…
    *~ There’s usually some sort of silver lining to everything..my sisters rehab hub is in lockdown,some covid cases…fortunately my sister testing negative. And the visitors get a break,and so does sister,as I’m sure sometimes visitors for two hours twice a day is a bit much. She can keep in touch by phone and will prob be glad,though too nice to ever say so,to have a few naps in peace.
    *~ I have bought a catflap for our cat’s 50 th ( in human years ) birthday. He already has one from the house to outside..this one allows him back in through the back gate instead of having to jump the wall when he comes home. For a while now he’s been struggling on and off walls..a pelvic injury when he was young is giving him problems now. This will make life easier for him. He’s never been a cat who can stay indoors 24/7 tho we wish he was..far less to worry about when they don’t roam.
    *~ Just been to pick up my prescription and had three interesting chats en route. I love having a little window into other people’s worlds
    Keep smiling everyone,and wow..it’s almost August! I got an email yesterday asking did I want to join a Christmas club …
    ( No! 🤨😄 )

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps VERANO you flipped us over onto a new page!
    🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes Yowzer that was a bit bizarre! Fancy being so close yet so far…..
    Well I’m signing out for now but will be back towards the end of August.
    In the meantime stay well, enjoy what’s left of the summer, but above all stay ‘positive’!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Looks like some how, my post from yesterday has disappeared, but hey ho!
    V, have a fabulous time away, relax and enjoy, we’ll be here when you get back. Great to see you’ve flipped us to yet another new page to record positives.
    Yowser, good to see you here again. Hope you’ll soon be able to visit your sister, meanwhile, I’m sure there will be plenty of phone chats.

Positives from me today ….
    🌸 enjoyed a little potter in the garden, mainly deadheading and weeding. Pleased to see most of the roses are putting out new shoots.
    🛍 repaired the handles on a couple of shopping bags, which will prolong the life of the bags.
    🧳 started compiling the packing list for our autumn trip, needs further thought, but there’s time to revisit it later.
    Whatever you have been doing today, hope you found some positives here and there.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Positives from the SW UK ….
    🙂 cleared the breakfast bar of heaps of tat. It is just inside the entrance we use most, so we tend to just dump stuff there as we come in the house. The kitchen looks so much bigger when it’s clear!
    🛏 made a bed up ready for GD arriving tomorrow… really excited to see her.
    🌸 in clearing the breakfast bar, I found some anenome corms (I know, right?). Anyway, planted some of them this afternoon. 🤞🏻they will take and proving some flowers in a month or so.

What were the highlights of your day?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY I love anemones! So pretty!
    *~ I’ve been a bit like you SUNNY today,in clearing mode..I feel another Feng Shui session coming on! I do love that “ clearing spaces” feel. And sometimes you can be surprised by finding sthing nice like your anemone corms.
    *~ Had a lovely little break having a drink and a catch up with DD as she had a days leave. I told her about yr cocktail cabinet,she was very impressed and now she wants one too! Chatted to her while she unpacked lots of stuff for their garden.
    *~ Hehe! More Xmas fun today,got details in the post about a Christmas fete ! They at least had the decency to say,we know it s a bit early 😀 I do love a fete tho so will pencil it in on my calendar!
    Take care everyone, keep safe,my neighbour the latest to succumb to covid,bless her,she shielded throughout the lockdowns,so it’s such bad luck,seems so unfair.
    Look after yourselves! 💕💜💚💕

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola folks! Hope you’re enjoying the weekend
    I’ve had a great day and I’m so thankful for it
    *~ Went for lunch with Beau,really enjoyed it. Haven’t seen much of him over the last few weeks with sister being ill. It’s now ten pm and I’m still not hungry,might make it to bedtime without eating anything else.
    *~ Saw DD for a couple of hours. We were chatting and then we both got sleepy and had a nap!
    *~ I rarely buy a newspaper but I bought the Guardian today,so much to read it will last me all weekend.
    Take care Chickabiddies and stay positive! XX
    🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓🌈🍓
    I’ve just become a fan of Tom Waits music..and I like this quote from him…
    ~ “The Universe is making music all of the time” ~

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, sounds like you have had a lovely time catching up with Beau and DD.

Thought I should post some positives and a one of mine are family related too ….
    🍽 dined out Thursday evening and caught up with some friends from the village.
    🙂 enjoyed having youngest GD here with us for a few days and seeing her Mum when she dropped her off and her Dad when he collected her today. Haven’t seen my son for months, so was really good to spend a bit of time with him.
    🌱 spent some time in the garden this afternoon, got a bit more pruning done and happy to find that a few more plants I thought dead have started to push put new shoots.

🍸 date night has been deferred to tomorrow evening, so I’m looking forward spending an evening with OH.
    Also looking forward to us working together tomorrow, to get the spare rooms sorted out ready for guests on 13th August.

That’s all from me for this time, what positives have popped into your life recently? Hope you’ll share a few soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Here are a few positives for Tuesday….
    💑 pleasant date night last evening
    🙂 currently successfully fasting and am 23hrs in. Challenging myself to see how far I can comfortably extend it in to tomorrow.
    🌸 planted some nerine bulbs
    That’s me for today …. what about you?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii Peeps!
    Oh SUNNY I bow down to you on the long fast. 👏👏Think 18 hours is the most I’ve ever managed..and not very often either,probably only two or three times,tops. Well done!
    My TuesdayThings To Be Happy About..
    *~ Lockdown lifted at my sisters rehab hub,..will visit tomorrow.
    *~ Lovely time out and about today. Saw my hairdresser,and talked about the exciting things ahead for her..new baby and new home! Fed the ducks and wild birds. Sat having coffee in the sunshine with Beau.
    *~ Didn’t sleep last night and though that’s not great,I’m soooo ready to jump into my comfy bed tonight…and very soon!
    Off to the Land of Nod and sweet dreamzzzzzzzzzzzz….
    Look after yourselves positive people …and if you can’t be good,be careful! 😀🥳 xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How wonderful you can see your sister again, Yowser. Hope you get a better night’s sleep 😴 tonight.
    Positives from my corner of the UK ….
    🙂 had a breast screening today 🤞🏻 that will come back clear.
    🎉 succeeded in managing a 45hr fast. Longest I’ve done and was surprised it wasn’t more difficult.
    🍽 modest meal to break fast this evening, including a salad dressing made of yogurt, lemon juice, a little grated parmesan and S&P … very tasty.
    🛍 did some shopping for our up coming party which is in just over a week.
    🎈bought all the birthday cards needed, for birthdays while we’re away in autumn.
    🌦 had some proper rain today … only a long shower, but enough to give the garden a much needed drink.

Feel like it has been a productive day. Tomorrow I’m looking forward to creating an anniversary for OH, ready for early October.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have had a good day, so popping in to post some positives ….
    🍽 BSD eating has gone will again today, 🤞🏻I can keep the momentum going.
    🧹 got quite a bit of domestic stuff done, in prep for entertaining a week on Saturday.
    🌱 did a bit of light gardening, so happy it’s shaping up well again, after our long absence. Itching for more rises to rebloom.
    Tomorrow I really WILL get around to creating an anniversary card for OH … today I created a printed tree ‘guest book’ for the guest coming to our ‘do’ on 13th.
    Hope you have had a good day, whatever you have been doing.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wow SUNNY you’re such a BUSYBEE! 💜xx
    My one positive today..! Went to see my sister and one of the staff shouted “ Your daughters here to see you”!
    My sister was laughing her head off,she said a few members of staff have thought we were mother and daughter. I’m six years younger and tbh I think I look six years younger but no more than that. I think the fact I have brown hair still and she’s snowy white,so a quick glance from sbody with ( very ) poor eyesight could lead you to say mum/ daughter!
    Even so,it made my day and put a spring in my step!😄
    Happy Friday and happy weekend all xxx!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you had a lovely jolly visit with your sister, Yowser.
    My day has been another busy one including sonr positives…..
    🛏 major declutter of one of the spare bedrooms, which resulted in finding disks with loads of forgotten photos and a copy of our wedding video … a trip down memory lane.
    🎄 made some Christmas gift tags from old cards found in the declutter.
    📞 lovely long phone chat with Mum.

Has been a good day all in all, getting the weekend off to a good start. Hope you will all have a great weekend whatever you’re planning to do … enjoy!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone!
    SUNNY I bet yr MuM really appreciates a long chat with you!
    Isnt it lovely when you declutter and find some treasures?
    my positives today…
    *~ Summery Saturday! Though I need to keep in the shade ( have a sun allergy,can’t remember the name,I thought I just had prickly heat but doctor told me it’s called poly something…) I do love to see bright days! Gives us all that feel good factor that we need.
    Specially enjoy sitting outdoors with a long drink chatting and watching the world go by. Today I had a big blood orange gin with lots of tonic and ice and a big wedge of orange! Head was spinning afterwards!
    * ~ Picked up 3 books I’d ordered from library,only 90 p, for the three…bargain!
    *~ Had a bit of a shopping spree,I really enjoyed it after shopping online for two years now. Got some baby clothes for my new 2 week old great greatniece- sale items,plus some tops for me,again,sale. So that’s my autumn wardrobe nearly sorted!
    Haaaaappy Saturday/ Sunday everyone! XXXX 💜💚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely day, Yowser …. Big gin and shopping spree, that sounds like my sort of day!
    However, mine has been much more domestic, but blessed with positives nonetheless…..
    ☕🫖 have been researching things to do and places to go in Singapore and have booked us afternoon tea at an art deco style establishment. It also has a huge gin selection, some sampling might well happen too!
    🧹🙂 wiped down kitchen units and decor webbed the rooms downstairs.
    🙂 OH install new socket in one of the spare bedrooms, so now I can get it set up ready fir guests next weekend

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! SUNNY how exciting to be planning Singapore AND even better …..avvo tea in Singapore!XX
    That sounds fab,specially accompanied by a few gins….when do you go?
    *~ I’m having a chill out day today,sitting by the fan with my book and a cold drink!
    Sun is shining in thru the windows..lovely jubbly!
    * ~ Friend sent me an inspirational video which I really enjoyed watching and felt uplifted by
    *~ DD had her frontdrive power washed this morning and it looks fab..lovely pinky purple colours that we had forgotten were there under the years of grime!
    Enjoy the week and some wise words I just read earlier..
    🍓🍓Don’t wait until your life is perfect before you start enjoying your life 🍓🍓

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, a chill out day sounds ideal, hope you loved every minute.
    We go to Singapore in September, by way of celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We went to Singapore and Maldives for our honeymoon and we redo that every five years …. at least so far.

Anyway, today has been another full of blue skies here and it feels like it’s been a productive day, with a few positives too.
    🤭 fasting again and have discovered if I ignore hunger pangs and find something to do, they disappear surprisingly quickly.
    🛏 prepped one spare room and part prepped the other, ready for guests at the weekend.
    🕷 whilst prepping said room, discovered an evil looking black spider, but evicted him with the aid of a glass and a birthday card. Was proud of myself finding the courage, as I’m definitely not a spider person!
    Monday is pretty much done, did it bring you any positives?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh gosh SUNNY I really admire you being kind to the spider,I too am scared of them. I put conkers in corners,they say spiders don’t like the smell ( who discovered that!) but it does work,I rarely see one. You can buy a conker spray now.
    What a lovely idea,going back to your honeymoon destination every five years,you two are such lovely lovebirds! 💜💚
    Well done with the fasting. I agree,the hunger pangs do pass,and while you’re not eating you’re not digesting and you give yr body a chance to get on with other necessary processes instead. Win win! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh I can’t kill spiders, Yowser … the crunch is awful! If they are too big for me to evict and OH isn’t around, I trap them under a glass and then get him to do the rest when he gets home. Definitely going to look into the conker spray though, thanks for the tip.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quick drop in, to report positives….
    🙂 managed to get to 47hrs on my fast, which I’m very happy with.
    👣 treated myself to a little home pedicure, to try snd keep my feet vaguely summer presentable.
    🥳 tidied up some things in the living room and got rid of a lot of unnecessary ‘stuff’
    Looking forward to lunch with grandson tomorrow.

Whar’s happening with you? Do come and share a positive or two.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quite a busy day, which started early, so I was able to get plenty done before it got really warm. Positives are …..
    🍽 lunch with grandson turned into lunch with DD and grandson…. lovey catch up.
    🙂 more shopping and prep for the party at the weekend done
    🌹a few of my roses have started to bloom again … yay!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

That’s really lovely SUNNY,lunch turning into lunch with GS AND DD!
    My positives..
    *~ Managed to stay comfortably cool on an uncomfortably hot day! Thank goodness for oscillating fans!
    *~ DD heard about receiving her Award For Excellence in her job..has to go down to Oxford in Sept for Award ceremony🥳
    *~ Really really enjoyed my grub today,wasn’t low carb but was healthy and delicious.
    *~ V welcome emails today from friends in the States and in Canada,good to catch up with what’s happening in their lives
    Staaaay cool all who are experiencing a heatwave at the moment! Drink up and Keep hydrated!🍹🍸🍹😃xxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Woohoooo the weekends here! Yayyyyy! SUNNY I hope you all enjoy your party! 🥳🍾🍾
    My days been happy because…
    * ~ It’s hot hot hot and I’m grateful that,just like on all the very hot days,I can stay home and stay near to my fan,wearing next to nothing. Thankfully nobody can see me looking a mess, and I’m comfy and cool!
    *~ Grocery delivery just now ( quickly threw some more clothes on before I opened the door😀Don’t want to scare any passing children)
    Soooooooo thankful for delivery driver’s hard work,no fun jumping in and out of the van,in this heat.
    Offered him a bottle of spring water from the fridge and he accepted so gratefully I gave him a large bottle instead of a small one. He’s no spring chicken but always full of energy,smiles and jokes.
    That’s about all for today,hope you have a great Fri,Sat,Sun,keep cool and keep smiling,love to all xxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Sunday everybody! SUNNY been thinking of you,hope yr enjoying yr party weekend and guests!
    *~ Had a lovely hour in DDs garden last night with a glass or two of fizz and nibbles,but it was too hot for me,so an hour was as much as I could do before crossing over the road back to my home.
    *~ Pleased to hear things will cool down soon,and looking forward to some rain and maybe a storm or two,long as no damage done 🙏
    *~ Can’t think of much else as have been hiding from the heat since Tuesday but as always just glad to be alive and kicking !
    Enjoy the week ahead ! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, thank you for sharing such wonderful positives. You always seem to manage to be upbeat and full of joie de vivre … an inspiration!

My weekend started on Thursday and has been full-on, but I’ve loved it all. The main celebration was on Saturday and it was such a joy to catch up with family and friends, share a few drinks, chat and a lot of laughs.😂🤣

The weather was largely on our side … except when it blew our unanchored gazebo over the fence, into our neighbour’s garden🤭! Other than that, was all we could hope for🙂

Re-connected with friends not seen for ages and got to have all immediate family in one place, for the first time in about 10yrs.

Blissed out!!!!!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY your long weekend sounds perfect,apart from the gazebo incident,but I bet even that gave you all a laugh.
    Weekends like that are to treasure forever…
    My Monday Moments..
    *~ Was up early as didn’t sleep last night..always uplifting to see the dawn come up tho..and to see one of our local cats out and about..he only comes out very early in the day as he’s timid ( but so lovely …and he has blindingly bright clean white fur!)
    On the subject of cats,we have new neighbours..we knocked with a card and cake…their little girl wrote us a lovely thank you letter. In it she said she loves our Ziggy Pusscat and that he sitsin their porch ‘ because he loves watching the sunset! ‘💜
    *~ Very welcome rain today tho not a lot of it and still very warm..but good to see the rain falling once again
    *~ Craving chocco but determined not to go and buy any. Have had some vegan icecream,an acceptable alternative and very creamy. Topsy turvy dinner,had dessert before my main! …couldn’t wait for my meal to cook so I dived into my ice cream first. Mains still in oven. Sue me! 😀
    Wonder what the week will bring…good things for all of us I hope!🙏xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, the story about your new neighbour’s little girl really made me smile.
    Thought I’d post a few positives, having like you Yowser, made quite an early start to the day.
    🌱 enjoyed a little potter in the garden first thing in much cooler temps. Did a little deadheading and watered a couple of things that were looking desperate.
    🌧 we had approx 1.5hr of much needed steady rain. More tomorrow apparently 🤞🏻
    🧹 lots achieved today, including returning kitchen, dining room and living room to normal.
    👩‍🍳 made a pot of celery, fennel and stilton soup and a very tasty pork curry which we ate for dinner this evening.
    🤫 started another extended fast this evening at 19.00 … wish me luck!
    Tomorrow’s plan is to finish a photo album of DD’s wedding for Mum and Dad.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Here we are,tuesday again! Nothing Earth shattering to report but a nice day nonetheless,just grateful for another problem free time..us free ranging pensioners have a lot to be glad about!
    * ~ Out this avvo watching the world go by,while having a beer and enjoying the gentle breeze!
    *~ Back home now and glad to be back,feet up,catching up with emails. One from a friend I haven’t seen since pre pandemic asking can we meet up,and photos from a very old friend who’s down south at the moment visiting a mutual very old friend of ours. Love getting emails and photos!
    *~ My neighbours birthday. I smiled hearing our fantastic postman singing Happy Birthday to her this morning. He’s such a lively cheerful character,keeps everybody smiling.
    How is / did the fast go SUNNY? Do you allow yrself any drinks? when I did it regularly,I wd allow myself one or two small cuppas per fast,with a splash of milk.
    I need to knuckle down to a few fasts,been too long since I’ve done it… and some more serious low carbing too.
    Trying to re-commit by telling myself that difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations! 🙂🙃xx
    🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like you, nothing earth shattering to report for today, Yowser, but that doesn’t mean I can’t find a positive or two for the day.
    🥴 fasting is proving tougher this time. Think this is probably due to my carb intake at the weekend. However I’m sticking with it at the moment, although the hunger pangs have been much greater, so will small portion of something if I can’t hold out, as I’m already 22hrs in … and yes, I do have a cuppa or two, Yowser.
    🧵🪡 roll hemmed a new sarong today, so now have an extra one for our upcoming trip.
    🌧 have been happy for the steady rain which has fallen in my corner of the world today. I’m sure the garden is enjoying it and it will fill the water butts too.

Looking forward to catching up with a friend tomorrow evening. He moved away from the village 18mths ago and this is his first trip back.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY enjoy your catch up with old friend! X how’s the fast going x
    *~ Yesterday and today, the 35 th anniversary of the Harmonic Convergence….the world’s first synchronized global peace meditation. It occurred when the solar system came into alignment on August 16 and 17, 1987, when the Sun, Moon, and six of the planets of our solar system formed a grand trine. People took part all over the world,chanting, praying, and putting positive energy out into the universe. The Harmonic Convergence inspired many people to seek universal truths and examine their relationship with spirituality.
    Can’t be bad!
    *~ World Gratitude Day comes up next month ! 21 September.
    Again,got to be a good thing!
    *~ Still a bit early in the day to come up with personal items to be positive about but as always,just glad to open my eyes on another day on Planet Earth! Hope you have or having a great day! Every day brings a new opportunity.
    It can be one day or Day One !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the information on Harmonic Convergence, Yowser and World Gratitude day … which falls on the same day we fly out on our next trip!

I think for now, it’s just you and me posting positives Yowser, hopefully others will join in at some point.
    Mine for today are ….
    🙂long chat with friend struggling with mental health issues. Thankfully, in the last few days he has agreed to take meds, which hopefully will help him find some balance.
    🧳made a small start in sorting out luggage for our autumn trip.
    🛏 straightened out spare room that I didn’t manage to do yesterday, so both spare rooms now tidy(ish🤭)
    🎉 invited next door neighbours for drinks on Saturday and they have accepted. They joined us last Saturday, but with so many people here, we didn’t get a chance to catch up properly.
    🥳 was able to fast to 15.00 this afternoon, so 43.5hrs in all which I’m quite happy about.

Do share a positive or two, it only takes a couple if minutes and we love to read them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY that fast was amazing!x👏👏👏👏well done! I bet you feel great after doing it.
    *~ Bus strike here is over today,it went on for about 3 weeks. It was very inconvenient but I believe in the right to withhold labour,and I’m glad the drivers got what they wanted and deserve,after,like hospital staff etc., they carried on working throughout lockdown.
    Nothing much else to report except very tired today and grateful that on days like this I can stay home,don’t have job I must go to,there’s no pressure,I can rest.
    🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks Yowser, was pleased I managed as long as I did, the hunger was much worse this time. I’m sure it was because of the carbs I indulged in over the weekend. Scales were very encouraging this morning though.

🎉🥳🎉My big positive for today, isn’t actually mine at all but my grandson’s …. he passed all his A levels…. an A star, an A, a B and a C. I’m one proud Nanna!!! 🎉🥳🎉

Other positives are ….
    ** very good meal out with our friend last evening.
    ** The frame I ordered for a fingerprint tree, decorated by our guests last weekend, has arrived. Really pleased with it and our souvenir is now on a wall in the dining room.
    ** Several of my roses are blooming again, so I took time this morning to smell the roses 🌹 such a joy.
    ** nearly have all the little pressies for granddaughter’s advent calendar organised. I know it’s early, but we’ll be away when they are needed, so want to be ahead of the game.

OH has promised to finish work early tomorrow, so looking forward to having an afternoon to chill together.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Fingerprint tree! What a fab idea SUNNY! I ve never heard of that before,I’m intrigued! I’ll have to Google it.
    And congrats to your grandson on his fantastic A level results!👏👏
    *~ Well SUNNY I’ve just joined you and had a 33 hour fast! Nowhere near as impressive as your much longer one,and totally accidental,as it happened because I wasn’t feeling well and didn’t eat and didn’t miss eating.
    But I’m counting it as my first fast in a good while,and hope to add to it.
    *~ Still not hungry,but very much enjoying first proper cup of tea since Wednesday evening.
    Tastes like nectar of the gods!😀
    * ~ V pleased that my nephew is now on holiday,my niece due to go away soon. They both work so hard they really need a break XXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Bit late, but still time to post positives ….
    🙂 little thing, but new luggage tags for our cabin bags arrived today.
    🌟 finally managed to sort out an access problem on one of my online accounts… has only taken a month!
    💖 OH didn’t make it back as early today as hoped, but we have earmarked Sunday to have some R&R time together.

Enjoy your weekend and remember to post a positive or two if you have a moment to spare.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello SUNNY and anyone else who’s around….if anyones lurking that’s ok,but why not join us,the more the merrier!xx
    Oh SUNNY it’s a relief when sthing like that eventually gets sorted,usually after a lot of frustrating phone calls etc!
    My positives
    *~ went out for brekky,it was lovely but cdnt finish,always feel dead virtuous when I leave sthing on my plate 😁
    Even if it’s only a single chip! 🙄
    spoilt it a bit though by having an icecream later on……but only one scoop!
    *~ Beau took a photo of me feeding the ducks,I’m so glad he did.
    What an incentive to get back properly low carbing..I look a mess! Will keep referring to that photo to encourage me to mend my ways. Too many poor food choices far too often. Always good to have an incentive and an unflattering photo is one of the best.
    *~ Lovely surprise today..an unexpected gift in the post from my dearest friend!
    Plus a medical alert card..I belong to the lymphoedema support network,as I have lympho in both legs,only diagnosed a few years ago,but still haven’t quite come to terms with it.
    Anyway this card is useful to show if I go to A and E or get admitted to hospital as it explains no needles,no blood tests, no injections in the lympho infected areas. V handy to have and v grateful to receive it.
    *~ We saw a friend we haven’t seen for a while,bumped into him and his enchanting little children. Last time we saw him,he just had a little boy,now got a beautiful baby girl too.
    SUNNY enjoy yr even8ng with neighbours round,and your Sunday with yr OH xxxxxx
    I read this last night and I LOVE it!
    “LOKAH SAMASTAH SUKHINO BHAVANTU is a Sanskrit phrase that translates to ….
    “ May all beings everywhere be happy and free,and may the thoughts, words,and actions of my own life contribute in some way towards that happiness and freedom for all” 💚🌎

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Haaaaappy Monday everyone! xx
    I had a lovely weekend. Saturday I’ve already mentioned…
    * ~ Sunday,DD came round in the avvo and brought a bottle of wine and we had a catch up ( only one glass wine each tho,honestly)
    *~ Then she invited me back to hers for tea ( I’m afraid we polished off the rest of the bottle while we ate) She showed me the new outfit and bag she’s bought to go to the award ceremony in September. I am coveting the bag!it’s lovely!
    *~ New day new week,I’m thinking of brand new starts,I’m going to fast today and make good food choices tonight 😇
    ❤.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸.¸¸.✶*¨*. ❤.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸¸. ❤

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, thank you for sharing all your wonderful positives over the last couple of days. I’d intended to post last evening, but somehow time got away from me. Anyway there are a few to note today, so here goes …..
    🌟quiet weekend … made OH take some proper time out yesterday too.
    🎉 had next door neighbours in for drinks and nibbles, was good to catch up on news.
    🌸 visited the village flower show yesterday… 1st one since the pandemic. Was well supported and raised funds for village charity.
    🙂 started another fast last evening, going well so far, hunger pangs not as bad as last week.
    🛩 booked our tickets to Turkiye for October … Nice to have that sorted … looking forward to catching up with friends there again.
    🌧 had a bit more rain this morning, the garden is still much in need, so hoping for a bit more in the next few days.
    If there have been positives in your day, please do post them for us to share.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quite a good day, nothing amazing to report, but happy to have had a pleasant day …
    🧺 couple of batches of laundry done
    🌹deadheaded roses and watered container plants
    📱long phone chat with friend
    📰 worked on the village newsletter for next month … bumper edition, as there’s plenty to report this time.
    🥣 made a rather yummy anchovy mayo type dressing, to go salad and/or warm roast veggies
    How was your day?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY and all..just a quick one..my iPad died Monday..I texted DD to let her know..she texted back to say she had just spilt a mug of tea on her laptop..or rather Pusscat had,jumping up when he heard a cat miaow outside,and leaping towards the window! I went to Apple shop yday but nothing they could do. Bought a refurbished one and it was delivered today. Up and running now! That’s the positive. V grateful I had the funds to buy it.
    DDs laptop positive is it dried out and can be used again. Another pozz!
    So alls we’ll that ends well..it’s weird how often the same thing will happen at the same time to both of us…
    Meanwhile Ziggys sitting in the study purring,looking like butter wdnt melt!
    Glad you have the Turkiye trip planned SUNNY..and bumper newsletter sounds good!
    Right,I have a ton of emails to wade through,better get on! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, pleased you got your tech issues sorted out. It’s such a headache when there are tech problems.

Didn’t post yesterday, as I was on a very long call with a friend in need and I was too tired to post afterwards. Soooo, let’s see what positives I can find today ….
    🙂 last two days, I decided to wear from the less used side of my wardrobe and loved being in something different. The dress I have on today, was a pre-loved ebay purchase, which both OH and I have decided we really like ….. makes me look talker and slimmer!!!
    🌱 got some proper gardening done today. Was so good to be working out there … very therapeutic. My roses are doing wonderfully well and a new one we received as a gift is blooming now and smells wonderful.
    🌸 eldest granddaughter did well with her GCSE’s. She’s happy with her results.
    👩‍🦰 gave my hair and intensive conditioning treatment yesterday and now it feels like silk 🙂

If you have a chance, please post your positives for us to share.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻🌞
    Hiiii SUNNY lovely to read all yr news.
    Congrats to GD!
    The kids have done well despite alll the education upheaval during and since first locko.
    *~ Offered a flu jab today at the chemists when I picked up my prescription. They will text me with a date and time..glad to accept as chemists is more convenient location than my GPS surgery.
    *~ My sister is having daily physio now,she’s not finding it easy,but she’s happy to be making tracks towards going home. Home sweet home!
    *~ DD revamping her bedroom and has offered me some lovely decorative drawers and matching lamp. They’re very attractive so I’m pleased to accept,specially as gives me more storage space which I need!xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    Well home again after lovely holiday with great weather and wonderful food.
    First positive….
    🚖🛫 Despite hiccup with a car not turning up we caught our flight so home in time for an Indian takeaway…. really missed spicy food!
    🧺🧺 Cases unpacked and first washing on.
    🍣🍕🍨 Despite lots of carb laden food just a 4lb gain. I was really frightened to get on the scales this morning. I’m guessing that even when we do indulge we obviously don’t binge… we’ll that’s my theory.
    I haven’t read all the posts but Yowzer delighted to hear your sister in having physio with a view to coming home.
    Sunny …. Singapore …. one of our favourite places. If you like Thai food, and if you haven’t been, try Jim Thompson’s in Dempsey Hill for an ‘experience’. It’s in a converted British colonial barrack, pricey but different. We enjoyed it back in December 2019, hope it hasn’t changed!
    Hope everyone is well.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiii SUNNY and Hiiiii VERANO,glad that you enjoyed yr hols!
    * ~ A beautiful start to the BHweekend,sunny and warm,a bit too much for me, but lovely for those who enjoy it,specially those who are delighted to have a long weekend off work.i remember how good that felt!
    *~ Enjoyed brunch out after going to farmers market. Saw new John Lennon statue on display at Penny Lane. Everyone taking photos of it. Picked up two books I ordered from the library. Went to see my sister who was in good spirits. Spoke to niece who has covid,due to go on holiday early Sept,starting to feel better,she’s had quite a bad dose of it.
    So I can’t complain,a lovely Saturday out,and now back home in the cool and shade!
    *~ Got a ticket for tonight’s lottery..think it’s a quadruple rollover..you’ve got to be in it to win it,even a £30 win wd be acceptable,I’m not proud! 😁 if you don’t hear from me again,I’ve won the jackpot and am off to see the world! 🥳😄xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, thanks for the restaurant recommendation, have booked a table for our 2nd evening in Singapore. We used to love Flutes at the Fort, but several years ago they changed location and the atmosphere has completely changed, so I was looking for another option. Actually sone of our favourite places to eat in Sing are the cheap-and-cheerfuls, like food courts and hawker markets.
    Yowser, as always you have been bring us your wonderfully upbeat observations …. thank you for that.
    My positives are …..
    🪰 whilst in my garden yesterday, for the very 1st time ever, I saw a hummingbird hawk moth. It is a stunning creature and a delight to watch. Had my mesmerised for a good ten minutes.
    🍽 have been using up leftovers from the freezer, so not been spending unnecessarily on food.
    🌹been giving my roses some TLC this weekend. They are doing so well at the moment, full of promising buds.
    🏠 it seems that our villa in Turkiye is likely to have a roof by the end of the coming week. We’ve been here before, but with a new project manager onboard, we’re hopefully for a result this time.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend on the UK and will report a positive or two soon.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Sunny, hope you enjoy it. We like the cheap and cheerful too. We used to eat in an Indian near Newton Circus food centre but I think it’s closed now. One of our worst experiences was on a recommendation from our hotel, who said we MUST have fish head curry. We arrived in a ‘restaurant’, I use the word loosely, and it had long canteen type tables which were not really a problem. It was the steel washing pails of curry that did it for me ! We left and went next door to another eating place! There are so many brilliant places to eat there that you really are spoilt for choice.
    Yowzer ….. obviously you won the lottery! Enjoy!
    Well, I do have a few positives ….
    📚📖 Over the last few years I’ve lost the habit of reading and instead hid myself away from reality by binge watching rubbish on tv. When we were away I started reading again. Now I’m back into the habit. Started reading Jeffrey Archer again … he’s so clever.
    ☕️☕️ Coffee. I’ve started drinking espresso with a drop of milk in again. So the positive is that I’m drinking fat less milk. I hadn’t realised his May carbs are in milk.
    Tonight I’m making a salmon salad so no cooking involved which has to be positive!
    Hope you have a good week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

For some reason, I read much more when we’re out of the UK, than when we’re here at home, V, but I do love a good read.
    As it’s been a quiet day, finding specific positives is not going to be easy, but here goes ….
    🌹taking time to smell the roses in my garden…. bliss!!!
    🍽 the tagine I made for this evening was delicious
    🙂 planning to get fully back to BSD from tomorrow, when I plan to kick off with an extended fast.

Yowser, hope your kicking up your heels and splashing your winnings!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quicky guys! Sadly not even one correct number in the lottery! Sooooo.. I’m still here.and I have the vomiting virus..🙄
    Only upside is,I’m not eating of course!
    See you when I’m better,love and hugs all around! Xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.