Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NATALIE That made me laugh!
    hope you’re back on yr horse now V,clippety clop! I’m having trouble getting back on mine..typical me, relaxed food and drink wise with Dd at weekend..it’s now Wed night and I’m still not saddled up properly 🙄 I have awful tendency once I slip to keep slipping.. oh well tomorrow is another day!
    My positives for Wednesday..(oh gosh Thursday again tomorrow,it seems to be Thursday every other day!)
    *~ What wonderful weather today and everything is so lush and green and blooming…lovely to sit by the park lake,watch the world go by,talk to dog owners about their dogs,smile at the mums and babies,enjoy seeing the ducks and swans all serene on the water and all the people feeding them
    *~ Had a mini Ebay spend..I can’t quite seem to drop the online spending habits that crept in over locko..only bought small things tho..nice notebooks,little gift bags,some lovely bday cards. Enjoyed the choosing and now anticipating their arrival!
    *~ DD been nominated for an award in work by her boss ! ( Proud Mum 💕 )
    I like this quote for life,read it in an article by a neuroscientist…
    “I live as if I were going to die tomorrow and I enjoy life as if I’m going to live forever” 🌸🌷🌸

• posted by Natalie
    on

🍫 Yesterday I was really craving chocolate in the afternoon. The vending machine called to me… and I answered. But it didn’t take credit cards or even notes – only coins. Which I didn’t have! So I stubbornly went to the campus canteen, and it was closed! Saved! Very disappointed yet glad at the same time, I went back into work, and then realised that the dish of wrapped sweets in the tea room (which I had never touched) included some chocolates. So in the end I got to have a small amount of chocolate to satisfy my craving without splurging on a whole big sugary bar.
    🦠 I seem to have come down with the flu. Tested negative for COVID. At the moment I’m not too sick to enjoy a day in front of the tv, and I wanted a day off anyway, so I’m seeing it as a positive.
    🥣 There is cauliflower soup waiting in the fridge.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Natalie, sometimes the universe comes along to save us. Hope you are feeling better soon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸¸ 🐝 🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸¸ 🐝 🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*
    Hola everyone,Friday has rolled around once again,hope everyone is tippety top and NATALIE I hope you’re recovering.
    No particular positives to report today other than the usual grateful and blessed for all the good things every day brings,but have come across a few quotes this week that I like …
    *~ ☆•☆ Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine ~ ” Ralph Waldo Emerson ☆•☆

*~ ~★♥ Everyone’s a star and deserves the right to twinkle ~ ★♥ ( Marilyn Monroe)

*~ ☆ ~ The world needs all of our power and love and energy, and each of us has something to give. The trick is to find it and use it, to find it and give it away, so there will always be more. We can be lights for each other, and through each other’s illumination we will see the way. Each of us is a seed, a silent promise, and it is always spring.” ~ ☆ (Merle Shain )

~ ° ♥ »☆ ~ ★♥.•° ♥ »☆ ~~★♥.•° ♥ »☆ ° ♥ »☆ ~ ~ ° ♥ »☆ ~ ★♥.•° ♥ »☆ ~~★♥.•° ♥ »☆ ° ♥ »☆ ~

• posted by Natalie
    on

🎉 The Australian federal election was today. I’m not going to talk about politics at all, but I am so so glad that the bombardment of horrible advertising is over! 😁

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yoohoo! where is everyone!👀
    NATALIE I hope you got whoever you voted for! x
    My Monday
    *~These days I never wake up on a Monday without thinking how lovely it is to no longer have that Monday morning feeling of going back to work after a weekend away..even tho by 11 a.m. Monday I wd be right back into the workday groove!
    Its nice to be retired and have so much free time!
    *~ Waiting in for a delivery,due between 830 a.m- 1230..and it came on the dot of 830! Yippee!
    *~ Cheque in the post,no idea what’s for,says Warranty Refund and my name and address,no other details..£23 I wasn’t expecting at all,but for the life of me I can’t explain it. Still it was a nice surprise,haven’t received a cheque for a long long time!
    Have a fabarooney week everybody! XXX 😘

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m still here! I guess some days it’s harder than others to find positives worth talking about…
    🚶🏼‍♀️Today I was sent on a brisk 20 min walk to the far end of campus. Exercise on work time! Yay for getting paid to get healthy.
    🛏 Looking forward to clean sheets tonight.
    🧀 Cheese. Cheese is awesome.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello my positive friends …. very conscious I haven’t posted any positives recently, but am here today to offer up a few.

🌸 enjoying spending time with my parents, who are here with us in Turkey at the moment.
    🌸 visiting vineyards, wine tasting and purchasing … what’s not to like!
    🌸 just collected a ‘backup’ dress for DD’s Wedding next week, in case I can’t fit in to the one I purchased awhile ago. Guy on the shop thought I was 18yrs younger than I am …. I’ll take that.
    🌸 plenty of sunshine and warm weather … makes me one happy bunny🐇!

Hope your day is going well and life is bringing good things your way too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends! SUNNY ..glad you’re enjoying family time!
    My day..
    *~ Just reserved some books from the library. What a great service! 90pence to reserve three books that I really want to read.👍👍
    *~ Bumped into someone yesterday that I haven’t seen for many years. It’s amazing that we recognised each other instantly even though she’s now in her 60s,me in my 70s,and we were in our 30s last time we spoke! Good to catch up.
    * ~ Lovely news.. a young friend is pregnant! Only five weeks so she hasn’t really told people yet. I was really touched that she confided in me. She said she told me because she knew I would be excited for her. I am! She recently got back with her partner after splitting up..I’ve always felt they’re made for each other. For the past few weeks I’ve had a feeling someone’s expecting a baby girl,so maybe this is it!🙏xx
    I know I always say it..but suddenly Thursdays rolled back round again tomorrow! 😄
    Love to all xx be happy !X
    💕🌷 The best time for new beginnings is now 🌷💕

• posted by Natalie
    on

📖 Yesterday was the annual National Simultaneous Storytime, where libraries, schools and childcare centres around Australia all read the same book at the same time. And no matter which library I’m in, I always get asked to do it, even if like last year it was about the only week’s work I got all year and they called me in specially! Maybe everyone else just hates doing it? (As academic libraries, we don’t see small children very often.) I prefer to believe they all think I have a lovely clear reading voice and a good way with children.
    🚘 I finally got my parking pass card so I no longer need the security guard to open the boom gate for me every morning.
    🫖 The cute blobby pink tea set my husband gave me.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello all!
    Sorry for being absent for so long…. sometimes we just need to take time to ‘re-group’!’
    Well I’m living in a world of ‘contentment’ at the moment,
    Happy with health and all the ‘health measures’ and especially happy that my ‘hips’ review which has come back with no change over the last two years…. definitely a reason to celebrate.
    Time to move on…….
    Lovely lunch out with family today …… we need to stay close to our friends and family …. just in case!
    Looking forward to ‘Jubilee’ garden party at our neighbours next week.
    Just KEEP POSITIVE!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, congrats to your young friend … heard yesterday of friends of our expecting later this year too. Wonder of there’s going to be a post covid baby boom?
    V, you’re so right, making the most of time with friends and family is so important.
    Natalie, how lovely to be asked to read to the children and I’m sure it’s because you do it so beautifully. When my son was small, I once read Thomas the Tank Engine to him in a hotel lobby, voices and all, at the end of which there seemed to be a lot of men sitting around ‘reading newspapers’ or drinking coffee!

Positives from me are ….
    🌞 grandson feeling confident about his A levels …. First two seem to have gone well.
    🌞 packing begins today, ready to start our trip to Gibraltar for DD’s Wedding next week.
    🌞 sudden flurry of work on our villa build, means I should actually be able to walk into it for the first time when we come back after the wedding. Up to now, only access has been via a wonky wooden ladder …. nooo thanks!
    🌞 parents have enjoyed visiting us in Turkey and will be coming to the wedding with us too.

Looking forward to more family time next week and celebrating DD’s marriage to her lovely fiance.

Hope you had/have a great day and will share some positives with us soon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY!V and NATALIE,lovely cheery news from all of you… 👏👏
    I just read sthing that really made me think,wanted to see what you folk think
    it was saying,be very careful before you compliment people on weight loss,because weight loss can happen for so many reasons.
    I remember when I lost all my excess weight,some people I didn’t know well,didn’t comment at all,but I could tell that they had noticed.
    I think they thought I must be really ill. Or perhaps bereaved or very depressed. And for some people,those reasons may be exactly why they’ve lost weight.
    This article said that a big reason not to comment is because that person may well hold the belief that their body isn’t good enough. If they have spent time feeling unattractive /not good enough,because of their body shape/size and then when they have lost weight, they constantly get complimented and admired,it reinforces their fear that to be loved, accepted and acknowledged,they need to be thin.
    This really resonates with me,I loved being complimented,but deep underneath lurked the thought,
    did I really look THAT bad when I was fat?
    Did fat make me less of a good person?
    I’m now getting so much approval for being slim,were people looking down on me when I was bigger?
    The other side of those questions,having regained some weight,nobody refers to it at all.
    Nobody mentions it,and I can understand that. l would find it difficult to comment on sbodys weight gain,,unless that person opened the conversation themselves.
    But it does add to the sense that people must be thinking ‘oh,you succeeded …but now you failed again.’
    it does feels like unspoken disapproval,to me anyway,and just reinforces my anxiety about size,when really at my age,shouldn’t I just be more concerned about eating for good health.
    I dont know what the answer is,obviously compliments can be encouraging,obviously it’s crass to say to somebody,oh wow you’ve put weight back on!
    I guess all we can do is think twice before speaking either way.
    Any thoughts,people? I know this isn’t really Positives For Today,but it’s food for thought!
    ⁣xXx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Sunny and Natalie!
    Yowzer ….. we’ll what a question! In short I think we worry far too much about what others might be thinking about us, when in fact, the majority of people are far too busy thinking about themselves to even notice others!
    We grew up in the age of ‘Twiggy’, mini skirts and Carnaby Street when life was (supposedly) full of tall skinny long legged girls and I guess we all aspired to look like Twiggy. In reality very few girls, let alone women, actually did look like her. I do have one friend with a natural Twiggy figure but given that I know, and have know, lots and lots of people over the years she is definitely the exception that proves the rule!
    I think that it’s very difficult to change the way you think when we have grown up with certain ideas of how things ‘should’ be. We all want to fit in and conform to the ‘ideal’ but whose ‘ideal’ is it anyway?
    When you think about it realistically ideal ‘weight’ is a cultural concept and in some cultures ‘fat’ is seen as desirable.
    Yes compliments are good but lack of them doesn’t really mean people are thinking negatively. Sometimes the less said the better!
    I have just one positive today …. I have taken a good look into my freezers (yes plural!) and realise that I need to stop shopping and start using the food I have! A bonus will be that I won’t need to cook everyday because I have so many portions of ‘left over’ food!
    Have a good weekend!

• posted by Verano
    on

I just wanted to share this ….

If you do nothing else this week… 
    Look in the mirror. A lot of people try to avoid mirrors, but looking at yourself intentionally – with a compassionate gaze – impresses upon your subconscious mind that you really matter. That you are seen and heard for who you really are. This is a powerful exercise that can help you transform the relationship you have with yourself. 

Look right into your eyes and see if you can smile with affection. If you’re not sure how to start, imagine how a close friend, your partner or child would look at you. They will likely see the wonder and beauty within you, whereas you might be focusing on all your perceived faults and imperfections.

Over time, see if you can expand this exercise and say a few kind words to yourself while looking in the mirror. How does it feel when you do this? If you find this uncomfortable, it’s a sign that self-compassion is something you definitely need to work on. Try your best to be patient – it gets easier with regular practice. 

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi V! Thanks for responding X Good points well made!
    Twiggy! I loved her,she was an idol, and she still looks good doesnt she!
    But at an influential time of our lives for us sixties girls,I wonder now why Twiggy was the image to aspire to,when looking back,she was straight up and down,while the rest of us curved in and out,which really is much more pleasing to the eye.
    And more realistic!
    I too only knew one girl who remained skinny and stayed that way despite how much she ate…and she LOVED cakes,biscuits and sweets,grrrrrr…🤨
    I think it must have been easier for us in the 60s though,than it is now…I really feel for the young ones,including the very young ones,still children,who are obsessed with how they look and the ‘ likes’ they feel they need from social media such as Instagram in order to feel ok about themselves.
    And…Yes! I was only thinking yesterday of how in some cultures being fat was or still is the ideal,a sign of success, as it means you have enough money to eat plenty! 😀
    And I agree,we can worry far too much about what others think. I want my youthful figure back, I’m sensitive about my body image,I’ve never been physically or mentally comfortable with becoming heavier since my mid to late thirties,but in all other matters,I firmly believe in the maxim “What others think of me is none of my business”.
    I think for me the main point in that article is the danger that commenting on others’ sizes up or down can be damaging even if meant sincerely,and even if complimentary.
    Many people have eating disorders,and can easily return to unhealthy ways like bingeing or purging if a comment about shape affects them,when of course it’s even more important they look after themselves if their self worth gets shaky.
    So many of us are emotional eaters, I’m well aware that I am,but don’t know how to change it so that my mood doesn’t affect what I eat.
    Couple of Friday positives…!
    *~ Just back from a nice afternoon out in the fresh air…May is such a lovely month,bright colours to enjoy everywhere!
    *~ DD and SIL both away til tomorrow so I’m enjoying some Ziggy pussycat time,watching him rolling round bunny kicking his woolly animal toys,and following an ongoing feud he’s having with a cat from a few doors down who keeps coming on “ Ziggys” wall,and not being scared off even when Ziggy growls right in her face! Love how he floofs up all over to make himself look bigger in these situations..bigger is always to be admired in the cat world it seems! 😸😻😼
    *~ DD and SILs 20 th anniversary of their first ever date in a few days time,10 th wedding anniversary shortly after that…they had a long engagement! …so I’m busy looking for appropriate ( small) gift for the date anniv,sthing larger for 10 th wedding anniv!
    Enjoy your weekend everyone and SUNNY you must be so excited about the events of next week!🥳
    🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸¸ 🐝 🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸¸ 🐝 🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh VERANO, I’ve only just seen this! 💕
    That’s a fab exercise,very empowering,we practised it when I was training as a counsellor. I can do the first part quite easily now,but all these years later,I can still struggle at times with the second half,saying kind words.
    It’s weird isnt it,we can be kind to friends and family but often find it harder to extend that to ourselves?
    And the other side too,the UNkind things we may often tell ourselves about ourselves,we wdnt dream of being as critical of someone else! XX

• posted by Natalie
    on

Verano I don’t mind looking at myself in the mirror (except naked) but it’s photos that bother me! Do I really look like that? In the mirror my face is in motion, smiling etc, and I generally feel quite pretty. I think I’m generally kind to myself, too.
    Yowzer I agree the compliment thing is a tricky issue. Praising someone for weight loss can reinforce in their mind that it is their thinness that makes them valuable as a human being. I have a teenage daughter who has never had weight issues but she is an athlete so has quite muscular legs and a tiny waist – luckily that is ok these days but some clothes don’t fit her. With my memory of my own mother’s “helpful” comments still ringing in my ears I’ve tried to stay away from ever commenting on her weight except when it’s come up to say she is the perfect weight/shape for her height/sport. If she is specifically showing me how she looks in a new dress or asking my opinion in a change room I comment then, but that is not unsolicited. I would struggle with what approach to take if she was overweight, I’m very lucky. I’m slightly disappointed that at 18 she never wears makeup except for gymnastics comps (like me, she has white-blond eyelashes that are improved by mascara, in my opinion) but I keep my mouth firmly shut!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for your comments NATALIE! You’re a thoughtful and wise Mum!
    I came across this ..
    https://atozenlife.com/things-to-let-go-of/
    Which Im finding a useful and positive article to browse through and act on
    Things to let go of in 2022..we are now nearly into the sixth month of 2022 but it’s never too late to make a start on letting go of some of those things that can hold us back from leading a better life!
    May is almost gone,but hello soon to June! Yay!! 🥳 the days are longer than ever …for most of the month at least!
    Leaving massive hugs for all BSD folk xxx 💜🌷💜

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps sorry meant to say ‘ days are longer for some of us ‘ …as well as ..’for most of the month’
    Apologies to our Oz gang xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

🏛 I’ve been borrowed back by my favourite library for a week, so I’m enjoying that.
    🗓 The network of libraries I work for has been building up to a “transformation” (restructure) and all the permanent staff got their letters today (almost everyone I know is just slotted back in to basically the same job) and casuals like me get to apply for anything left over next week – much sooner than I expected. So that is exciting.
    📕 I just started rereading Game of Thrones and I’m really enjoying it.
    🛁 It was really cold today so I’m really looking forward to a hot bath.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone.
    Yowzer wonderful article …. thank you.
    Sunny I know the wedding is quite soon so have a wonderful time, hope all goes well, wishing the bride and groom health and happiness in their future together.
    Natalie hope you get the post you want.
    Well …. positives …. very hard for me to find just at the moment.
    OH was unwell Sunday, and after over two years of being well, tested ‘positive’ for something yesterday! Fortunately he’s not too unwell, a bit like flu. But we were due to take a holiday on June 8th! So, being really expert at cancelling trips now, I’ve had two years of practice, yet another one ‘bites the dust’!
    What’s the positive you might ask …. we don’t have to battle the crowds and cancellations at Manchester airport! Every cloud has a silver lining!
    I do have another positive I’ve just had a text from my surgery to say they are now offering a new health promotion service including help with weight loss ….. maybe being accountable is just what I need to speed up my losses!
    To anybody reading but not posting …. POST!
    Enjoy the rest of the week which will hopefully be full of lots of positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi gang!
    VERANO so sorry OH isnt well and you’ve had to cancel your trip
    Good that you can see a silver lining in the cloud 👍
    Hope you enjoyed your hot bath NATALIE! Ooh you’ve really made me fancy the idea of a long soak too!
    My funny day..
    *~ Thought I had lost my travel pass and had to pay almost £5 on the buses today..
    Upside: Found pass,feel extra grateful for it now..they really are an absolute godsend and save us oldies a fortune over the years..also v pleased that I didn’t have to pay £10 to replace it!
    *~ Bus got diverted and I ended up having to walk quite a convoluted way to get where I wanted to go ..
    Upside: it wasn’t raining or cold and the exercise worked off a few calories.
    *~ Just to add to the fun,the sole came away from my shoe! So I was flapping and slapping along like a clown in a circus act.
    Upside: Managed to make it home without tripping up.Plus,have other shoes ( though I must admit,none of them are comfy!🙄 Only the ones I had on today,no surprise they’re falling to pieces,have worn them to death.
    More Upside: deffo got my moneys worth out of them! 👍👍 xxxx

• posted by Natalie
    on

💤 My husband is away tonight, I love him very much but his asthma means he’s a noisy sleeper and I really don’t mind having the bed to myself sometimes!
    🏠 After a very quiet afternoon my boss suggested I go home half an hour early.
    🍽 What a wonderful thing is a dishwasher!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸¸ 🐝 🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸¸ 🐝 🐝 ¨*•💞 ¸🌼¸¸ 🐝*•.¸
    Happy June folks! Yipppeee! Pinch,punch,and white rabbits!
    My positives …
    *~ DD and SIL off for a short break tomorrow,Thursday til Monday ..excited for them and looking forward to me having more time with our little stripey tiger!
    *~ Having a laaaaaazy day today! And why not! Apart from doing my lymphatic massage exercises,haven’t lifted a finger so far apart from make drinks and turn the pages of my book 🥳
    *~ Fasting today and it’s been easy,starting to feel peckish now,but not long til I eat ( mini quinoa burgers with steamed broc)
    Hope all are well and feeling tiptop and tickettyboo! Xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Bank Holiday to all in the UK! 🌸It’s such a novelty to have a Bank Holiday on a Thursday and a sunny rather than rainy BH. I’m not a Royalist by any means,but I’m pleased for the workers who have a long weekend to enjoy.
    Have got a grudging respect for the Queen,70 years on the throne,but then they live long because they have the best of everything. Having said that,it must be difficult with staff all over the place to just come home like we can,take your bra off,put your slippers on and collapse into your armchair. Plus her kitchen will be miles away,so she can’t just go and pop the kettle on and poke round in the fridge for a snack!
    If you’re having a party,enjoy the sun and fun! There’s a party here,but not my scene, Beau and I will be out and about.
    Have a fab day everyone! XX 🥳

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    Sorry about the absence! OH 95% recovered but I came down with an old fashioned ‘summer cold’ anybody remember them! Anyway three days on and I’m also 95% fit.
    Girls, despite our few stalwarts….. Yowzer, Sunny, Natalie and few others, we are really lacking numbers. Must say lots of other threads are having similar problems.
    Not wanting to cast any aspersions on this thread which has been going for so many years ….. just maybe it’s time for a change ????
    I’m going to suggest a re-vamp???
    OK shout me down…. fine ….. but …. I really think we need a shake-up to revitalise this thread and revitalise us all.
    Thoughts on a postcard please!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all!
    VERANO glad OH is nearly better again,and sorry you’ve had a summer cold.
    Hopefully you’ll both be 100% tippetty top soon,or at least as near to it as poss, given we have other health battles to contend with!
    Oooh,A revamp! 🙂🙃 What ideas have you got up your sleeve?
    I must admit I love the pozz thread as it is, and wdnt want to stray far from the concept,but always open and happy to hear new ideas
    You’re right,It IS quiet at the mo – but then we’re all probably busier now than we’ve been for the last two years…..
    life’s opening up again,the warmer months and longer days are here for some of us, Sunny’s travels and her DD wedding taking her offline more.
    The only other thread I’m on is quite quiet too. A lot of us there are struggling,when there just seems to be so much temptation abounding at the moment,and life events happening.
    I just want to eat and drink at the smallest opportunity,which leads to me sometimes swerving recording progress,or lack of,on the forum! 😄
    A few positives for today…
    *~ is anyone else struggling this weekend to work out what day it is! I’m enjoying it tho,Thurs felt like Fri…Fri felt like Sat..and today feels like Sunday. Which is fine by me,knowing I’ve still got Sunday to come!🥳
    *~ Lovely atmosphere out and about,everyone enjoying the holiday vibe.
    *~ We went to a shop called MerseyMade. Have you been V? It’s just opposite John Lewis. Sells all sorts of lovely things. I bought some candles and soaps for DD and SIL as part of their 10 th wedding anniv presents. They smell heavenly! Also had a caramel hot chocolate in there,it was divine,and a slice of coconut and lime traybake. ( Calories consumed outside the home don’t count on a Jubilee weekend😘)
    XXX

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi
    Yowzer, no I’m with you I would hate for this thread to finish. On re-reading my post I realise that that was the impression that came across …. sorry for that.
    I was thinking that maybe we just need an injection of something a bit fresher with a slightly different angle. I’m finding that sometimes I really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find three positives every day. I have plenty of them but they all start to sound much the same day after day and so I become a bit reluctant to post because my ‘positives’ sound a bit ‘mundane’.
    So my thoughts, working on a similar principle to this ‘positive’ thread, maybe we could have a thread where we can report, at least once a week, on some way in which we have been ‘kind’ to ourselves and/or had that ‘feel good’ moment. We are so quick to pick up on the negatives especially weight related issues that we are so often become our own worst enemies, being very ‘cruel/critical’ about ourselves.
    Maybe it would be good just reporting a ‘good feeling’, maybe having a good hair day, without going to the hairdresser, or makeup looking particularly good that day, or skin feeling clearer than usual, or absence/disappearance of an ache or pain …. it’s a great feeling when you wake up and think wow the pain has gone this morning! Having a good exercise session, enjoying a good home manicure/pedicure, enjoying a particularly good meal, sharing a really successful recipe, enjoying the best of a certain favourite seasonal product …. the first British asparagus or strawberries of the season, to name but a few. Smelling fresh flowers…. freesias, lilies, roses whatever your favourites are. Or even just waking up in the morning and ‘feeling good’ for no particular reason. The list could be endless.
    It was just a thought to get us thinking in a slightly different ‘positive’ way aimed, I think, at a more personal level, and also without the ‘pressure’ of having to write every/most days. Writing just once a week, but as often as you want, as and when that good ‘feeling’ happens may just encourage more people to post as and when and with a more ‘positive’ vibe.
    Or maybe it’s not a good idea???

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi VERANO I know you didn’t mean for the thread to end,and Yes I agree,an injection of something else wd be good! I’m just not sure what. Your ideas sound really good though! 💜
    A day with no aches and pains is a red letter day indeed!
    Also it’s great when I get a day where my make up looks good instead of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane! 😄
    Positives for today
    *~ I’ve really enjoyed today for no particular reason except I’ve felt very relaxed spending time with the pussycat.
    *~ DD and SIL en route home after really enjoying their short rural break. Hope they can get away again soon!
    *~ This might not resonate with everyone,but I love it…
    The souls of people, on their way to Earth-life, pass through a room full of lights; each takes a taper–often only a spark–to guide it in the dim country of this world. But some souls, by rare fortune, are detained longer–and have time to grab a handful of tapers, which they weave into a torch. These are the torch-bearers of humanity– it’s poets, seers, and saints, who lead and lift the race out of darkness, toward the light. They are the law- givers and saviors, the light-bringers, way-showers and truth -tellers, and without them, humanity would lose its way in the dark.” ~ Plato
    💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Once again, my apologies for being absent for so long, the past week has been a whirlwind, but has brought many positives along with it.
    V, no-one should feel they have to contribute three positives each time they post here, whether that’s daily, weekly or monthly. If you just have one, either for that day or indeed the week/month, like a good hair day, or relief from pain, or just appreciating smelling a flower, that is enough and just as valid as a whole list. Personally, I’d rather see that happen here than on a new thread, but if you feel it’s best on a fresh thread, I’d happily contribute.

So, to my positives…..
    🛩 only small delays and no cancellations of our rexent flights between UK, Gibraltar and Turkey …. phew!
    👰 daughter’s wedding is now a precious memory … beautiful day, lovely weather, the happy couple looked amazing and only a couple of minor hitches. (And my original dress fitted …. just!)
    🙂 had close to three weeks with my parents, has been wonderful to spend proper time with them, rather that fleeting visits.

Looking forward to a boat trip later in the week and dinner with friends tomorrow evening.
    Whatever your positives have been, great or small please do share then with us.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just a thought!! Forget I spoke.
    Yowzer …. lovely thoughts but would never have attributed them to Plato…. studied him in school but probably never really understood him of Shakespeare!
    Sunny … glad all went well with the wedding, travelling and especially dress fitting!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Lovely news SUNNY!
    Plato….I don’t know for sure V but whenever I’ve seen the quote,it’s always attributed to Plato. Plato had spiritual beliefs..he believed in the existence of the soul,and in an afterlife,and in reincarnation,so I think it’s quite possible that he did write those words.
    My positives today..
    *~ Seeing as V mentioned Shakespeare and seeing as we’ve just had a Jubilee weekend..a good Shakey Speech!
    “This royal throne of kings ,this sceptred isle,
    This earth of majesty,this seat of Mars,
    This other Eden,demi paradise,
    This fortress built by Nature for herself,Against infection and the hand of war,
    This happy breed of men,this little world,
    This precious stone set in the silver sea,
    Which serves it in the office of a wall,
    Or as a moat defensive to a house,Against the envy of less happier lands.
    This blessed plot,this earth,this realm,this England …
    *~ SIL and DD home now,good to see them again,refreshed after a short peaceful break
    *~ Got some nice post today! some good news plus a lovely photo of DDs best friend’s little boys
    XXX

• posted by annieds
    on

I bought and read the book on Saturday, started the diet on Sunday and now – 7.30am on Tuesday – I’ve completed my first run since October and feel amazing. I’m on my way.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Annie, glad it’s going well … keep us posted.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi ANNIEDS! I like your style..getting stuck in right away! lovely to hear about your great start,and so pleased you’re feeling amazing..it’s a wonderful feeling to have,so keep hold of it! 💜
    My positives for this warm and sunny day..🌷💕🌷
    *~ While having a drink out and about,watching the world go by,a young woman I saw really took my eye and made me feel happy. Firstly, because she looked so colourful,her hair dyed a bright red and wearing an orange top. Then because she was walking her child home from school and carrying various artycrafty things her little one had made in school. Brought back many happy memories of my own DD proudly bringing her artwork home from primary school!
    *~ My hairdresser had some good news. She and partner have at last secured their first house to buy,after losing out on a few houses to other buyers a few times..and this house is ideal for them in so many ways!
    *~ Another piece of big news from my hairdresser..she’s expecting her first baby! Wooohoo! She’ll make a fab Mummy.
    Love and hugs to all xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon.
    Well, I should now be on holiday in the sunshine being waited on hand and foot instead of which I’m at home with sunshine and heavy showers…. Whatever happened to ‘flaming June’? Maybe there’s still time.
    As you can imagine finding something positive is a bit more difficult than usual. But…. I do have one …. I’ve finally got myself out of a ‘clothes rut’. Funny how we seem to wear the same things over and over with stuff left in the wardrobe for ‘best’. Well, I looked through my wardrobe and decided that ‘best’ stuff just needs wearing …. Now! Feels so good to be wearing something different!
    Have a good day.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Does anyone else have some of their posts disappear?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NATALIE yes,Mine have vanished a few times.Annoying if you’ve typed quite a long post and it just disappears..🤨
    I think VERANO has mentioned the same prob too.
    2 Positives for now..
    *~ Sister taken into hosp late yesterday very ill. Positive is,today she has rallied and has been a lot better! Fingers crossed,she’ll continue to improve..and…
    *~ Flowers from DD 💕
    Only two today but very happy to have them,specially pozz numero uno! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, it’s not uncommon to have posts disappear into the ether, never to be seen again … has certainly happened to me before and I know lots of others have had the same issue from time to time. It’s frustrating but just one of those things sent to try us!
    Yowser, hope your sister will soon be well and home again.
    V, think we are all guilty of clothing ruts …. and really, what are we saving all that unworn/little worn stuff for? Wearing it will give us a boost and a little lift, so I agree, let’s get wearing it! Sorry you’re not on your sunshine holiday, but hope you will compensate at home in some way … maybe a day out here and there.

Just a couple of positives from me …..
    🙂 very pleasant boat trip yesterday, made for a nice relaxing day out.
    🙂 impromptu drinks with friends last evening, rounded the day off very nicely.

Looking forward to a day on the beach today and going out for breakfast tomorrow …. and who knows what will happen in between!

• posted by Natalie
    on

📚 I am amused by the combination of books I am currently reading: 📕 Game of Thrones series, fantasy full of sex, violence and dragons, 📗 An Old-Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott who wrote Little Women, a preachy book about how racy modern girls of 1869 (one is suspected of wearing make-up!) should behave more like their sweet grandmothers, and 📘 Does my Head Look Big in This? About a 16 year old Muslim-Australian who decides to start wearing a hijab. I love variety!
    🎉 Queen’s birthday long weekend

Enjoy your breakfast and day on the beach, and/or the flowers.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for asking SUNNY,I’ve been at the hospital a long time today,so will keep this short!
    *~ Sister making some progress,may be moving from high dependency to a normal ward in a day or two.
    *~ I was in our city centre for the first time really since first locko. Was excited to see what’s the same and what’s new.
    Rolling Stones are playing Lpool tonight and have been spotted sightseeing. I had my eyes peeled,wd have loved to see Keith!💚
    *~ Bough two pairs of comfy but smart trousers in the hosp shop.
    VERANO yes! Wear everything,let every day be a best clothes day!
    SUNNY hope you enjoyed beach day and out for brekky tomorrow! I do love a brekky out!
    XXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, that’s quite an eclectic mix of books you have going on there!
    Yowser, glad your sister is making progress in the right direction. 🤞🏻 she will make a good recovery.
    V, hope you have been put on your glad rags! I wore one if my fav dresses this evening, which always awesome me feel good.

Today had been a gentle day .. no huge troughs or peaks. Met friends at the market and shared a few laughs. Gave my hair and intensive conditioning treatment and had a lovely relaxed meal out with OH this evening. Looking forward to another restful day tomorrow … oh and the shoes I bought a few days ago are fantastically comfortable, so I plan to buy a couple more pairs in different colours!

What were your high point in the last couple of days? What are you looking forward too in the coming days? Please take moment to tell us about what’s happening in your little corner of the world and help brighten our day, as well as give yourself pause for thought in acknowledging what’s good in your life.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Well thought I should post today.
    Mixed bag for me.
    Invited some friends around for lunch in a few weeks time but one has made it quite plain she’s no longer a friend! Ok. Life moves on and we still have enough friends to have a pleasant lunch together. So what’s the positive …. sometimes it’s best to cut ties and become free rather than keep hankering after the past.
    Went out for an impromptu lunch today. Nice surprise. I was really hungry before we left … I don’t often feel ‘hunger’ but I did today. Had some pitta with three dips as a starter, had 1/4 of the pitta and maybe 1/2 the dips. Found them boring after a while so stopped eating. Then had a Greek salad with feta …. ate half. Don’t think I’ve ever left so much food but I was full! Maybe I’ve finally learned to stop eating when I’m full rather than when the plate is empty!!!
    Anyway, the best I can say about this weekend is that it’s been a ‘learning curve’!
    Sunny hope your villa is coming along well.
    Yowzer hope your sister continues to improve.
    Natalie …. keep reading!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    One positive today, food related again!
    Tasted cherries for the first time this summer. Not too many! Must admit they weren’t that tasty but maybe not quite in season yet, but the English strawberries are an absolute delight. Still managing to find some English asparagus, also delicious, but I’m afraid their days are numbered!
    I found a new (to me) fish delivery company in Cornwall that sells ‘day boat’ fish. I feel the need for ‘wild’ fish! I must admit the fish that they delivered was perfectly fresh. Tonight we are sharing a large plaice on the bone which I’m roasting in the oven with tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme and olive oil. Will report back!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That fish sounds delightful, V, hope you enjoyed it.

Just acouple of positives today ….
    🧺 got to the bottom of the laundry basket, all clean and dry now.
    🥿 bought some new shoes last week and they are so comfy, went back today and got a second pair in a different colour.

Looking forward a pedicure tomorrow.

Whatever you are doing, hope your day has included some positives and that you might find a momemt to share one or two with us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,just a quick hello..busy with hosp visits etc!
    Hoping to go out for lunch tomoz,so there’s one positive!
    Love to all 🌹💜🌸💜🌷💜🌹xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny the fish was really lovely! OH wasn’t that impressed but I will definitely reorder.
    Yowzer hope your sister is improving. Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow…. much deserved.
    🍕🥗🥂 My whole life seems to revolve around food at the moment! Today for lunch we enjoyed sharing a very thin base pizza, from a well known chain, with salad and a glass of very cold white. Took me back to the days when we had our apartment and we sat on the balcony enjoying the same lunch.
    But it made me realise that my own home made pizza bases and toppings are far healthier and much easier for calculating the carbs etc. Also they taste much better!! I found a great pizza base recipe which you leave to prove for between 8 and 48 hours, 24 being optimum. I make half a recipe which makes 4 bases and the raw dough freezes really well. So given that we share a pizza maybe four times a year I’ll be making dough tomorrow! Funny but pizza tastes so much better in the sunshine!
    🩴🩴🩴Non-food positive ordered a pair of sandals from my favourite store …. at half price!
    🍱🍔🥨 Going through a really strange food time at the moment …. feel like something different but not sure what I feel like! Not hungry just bored with food I think. Just need a shake up. Wondering what I need to eat to get me back to enjoying a good range of food again….. all suggestions gratefully accepted!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi pozz peeps,sorry,another quick one..just wanted to say ( too tired to go into detail) but en route to hosp visit today,hot and v tired as didn’t sleep last night,two angels disguised as two young people,one male,one female,came to my assistance and really smoothed the day for me. Sooo grateful! Xx
    Friday already or soon to come,and the weekend starts here,have a good one! XX

• posted by Natalie
    on

I haven’t posted for a while because everything seems a bit blah. Sometimes I wish we had a “negative thoughts” thread so I can vent and complain! But…
    👩‍🎓 I just completed the first subject in my Masters degree, I barely scraped a Pass in my disastrous first essay so I was nervous but got a Distinction in final essay! It means a Credit overall (the order is High Distinction, Distinction, Credit, Pass, Fail) which I am very happy with considering the bad first essay. Greatly relieved.

Please log in or register to post a reply.