Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, lovely to see you posting here, your wild garlic story made me very envious!
    V, glad your ‘jungle’ is looking so much better.
    Natalie, great news about the job … it’s like it was always meant to be this way.
    As I’m at a bit of a loose end because OH is out and I’ve done all the domestic stuff I intend to do today … and it’s too early to get on the sun terrace, thought I’d find some positives to share …..
    🍽 lovely meal out with OH last evening
    🌞 waking up to sunshine
    🌱 exchanged messages with oldest GS yesterday. He is getting into gardening and is very excited the anemone corms he planted a few weeks back are beginning to shoot.
    🛏 clean sheets for tonight … looovely!
    We have a little excursion planned for tomorrow, going to a couple of big towns in search of tiles for our new villa.
    Whatever you are doing, hope it brings some positives to you …. watch out for them and if there’s time, share them with us too.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

WooHoo!!!!! Another new page …. well done folks, for keeping this rolling and cheering everyone’s day.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Oo Sunny I love clean sheets!
    👩‍🦰 One of my favourite textures; freshly-washed, almost dry hair. My hair isn’t as long as it used to be but it’s still past my shoulders, and I love that feeling.
    I think I’ll have to leave it at one positive tonight.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hurrah for a freshly made bed! Another lover of clean sheets here ..and of washing blowing on the line on a sunny breezy day!
    Is it really Thursday again already,I want to slow time right down..
    My positives…
    *~ Leaving shortly to go to the beach. I love walking on sand barefoot,but these days I can’t. Having lymphodema in my legs,I have to be v careful not to get any cuts in legs or feet as can lead to cellulitis. But it’s still wonderful to walk on the sand with shoes on.
    *. ~ A weird one really but a blessing nonetheless… because of lymphodema,I can’t shave my legs,even using Veet isn’t a great idea ( other brands available) Luckily I’m not hirsute,have never ever had much body hair,so a very very occasional Veet session is enough to stop me from looking like the Wild Woman of the Woods.😄
    *~ Found a top I had forgotten all about..it’s very forgiving,which is necessary at the moment after all the Easter goodies I managed to eat and drink!
    Have a great day,hope it’s sunny where you are xxxxxx 💕

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m feeling a bit cranky this morning. Our hot water tank basically exploded yesterday evening, it was blasting water up like a fountain. We have the water to the house turned off now until it’s repaired (hopefully this morning). Time to scrape up some positives!
    👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 No one was hurt.
    🏠 The tank is outside, not in the laundry or under the house as we’ve had in previous locations. So there was minimal or no damage to the house itself, maybe a bit to the eaves.
    👩‍🦰 I’d had a shower and washed my hair that morning, so I don’t feel too stinky (my poor daughter had just got home from 3 hours of gymnastics, a sponge bath seems insufficient!)
    💦 Enough water left in the pipes, in a jug in the fridge and the kettle to drink, brush our teeth and wash hands very sparingly, a cup of tea for me this morning.
    💧 I know of course that if this goes on longer there are plenty of places we can get water, and family live nearby where we can have hot showers. This is just an inconvenience.
    Ok I feel better now.

• posted by Natalie
    on

🙂 All fixed.

• posted by Verano
    on

Ahh yes freshly laundered sheets … wonderful …. and even more wonderful because somebody else laundered my sheets for tonight’s sleep. We are away for a few days!
    So my positives might be a bit obvious…..
    🚙🌳🐑 Lovely drive over the Yorkshire moors. Lots of iambs ‘gamboling’ around the fields. Lovely blossoms and still some daffodils in flower here. Also lots of beautiful tulips, first for me this year.
    I’d completely forgotten what life was like in the ‘olden’ days when we had weekends away! What a pleasure it is not to wake up and say …”what shall we have for dinner tonight?”.
    Stopped on our way here and shared olives and a fish platter in an old pub. The sharing platter was really lovely but must admit the ‘ calorie’ count on the side was a bit distracting. Also totally inaccurate …. olives 14cals! Obviously not for the dish maybe for a few! Just wish the numbers weren’t there but the positive is that we got to have lunch out.
    Natalie glad all is fixed now.
    Sunny hope your tile shopping went well.
    Yowzer oh yes I remember sand between my toes … many moons ago. I can’t walk on the sand either now but I do have a hairdresser that makes me look a bit like Sandy Shaw! For those who don’t know her she was a singer who always had bare feet and she also had dark shiny flicked up hair ( that’s where my hairdresser, or should I say miracle worker, comes in). I look in the mirror sometimes and think WOW this hairstyle takes me back to the 60’s. Or maybe that’s just in my dreams!
    Have a good weekend everyone …. I’m certainly going to try to

• posted by Natalie
    on

Verano enjoy your holiday! My positives today:
    🚿 Hot shower this morning after 48 hours! Lovely. I read yesterday that Australian’s rank second in the world for showering daily at over 90% (China was only 30%).
    🍗 As I said on the Jubilee bus thread, a speed bump yesterday didn’t throw me into a ditch and I’m back eating healthy today.
    🎟 Going out to dinner and a show tonight, a gift from my husband’s brother for his birthday.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi beautiful souls! 💕
    Enjoy your break away VERANO and Hubby!
    My positives
    *~ Have had such a lovely day,the nice weather has continued,I went to Farmers Market,came home had a nap,then over to DDs for a cuppa and ( it jumped into my mouth) some simnel cake left over from Easter and a few chocolate pretzels 😋 Had to laugh at Ziggy the cat,squeezing himself into a long thin box and spending hours sleeping inside it!
    *~ Now back home and about to catch up on some tv programmes I want to see.
    *~ Looking forward very much to going out for a very early dinner tomorrow..Beau wants to avoid watching the Everton-Liverpool footy Derby!
    💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Home again now after a lovely break.
    Natalie hope you enjoyed your night out.
    Yowzer I’d Beau a ‘Blue’? If he is I understand completely!
    It’s amazing how a few days of ‘normality’ can lift the spirits and take us back to that ‘happy time’ many moons ago.
    So I do have a positive …. calorie counts on menus, and no I’m not becoming obsessed! After the initial shock the numbers tend to just retreat into the back ground and aren’t really noticeable so at the end of the day they don’t spoil a good meal out. It’s funny because one of the meals at dinner was beer battered fish and chunky chips @ just under 1500 cals and plenty of people seemed to be enjoying that, so no barrier caused there!
    Hope to come back later with a few more positives.
    Have a good day.

• posted by RubyG
    on

My positive for today – asparagus season is here 🙂
    Bought some ~local asparagus from the farm shop on Sunday afternoon, we have eaten it all already, but my small asparagus patch in a raised bed has a few spears to harvest today, enough for a side salad.
    There is an asparagus farm a mile from us, so when they start picking we gorge on asparagus for 6 weeks or so – I can’t wait.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Thanks Verano my night out was fun. We ended up having dinner at home, so that was probably a good thing for my health, and then the show was a (much smaller) tribute to the Moulin Rouge; dancing girls (occasionally topless, which doesn’t really have a lot of shock value these days), an illusionist, a couple of pole dancers, and a local stalwart who has been around forever singing very old French and French-style songs like La Vie En Rose. Memories of our honeymoon – we went to the real Moulin Rouge and my husband was called up on stage to be the ventriloquist dummy!
    Positives for today:
    👗 I got up the courage to compliment my boss on the lovely dress she was wearing. I tend to be a bit shy about stuff like that (it feels like “sucking up”) but I know being complimented makes me feel good so I should pay that forward more often.
    🚘 After a full day’s work then an online Uni class then making dinner, I am exhausted. The positive is it’s the night my daughter’s gymnastics practice is only a few streets away instead on nearly an hour round trip, so picking her up will be quick.
    🎛 I had a positive a couple of weeks ago that my oven was about to be fixed, it turned out they needed parts and couldn’t fix it then. Well they called this morning and we booked in Friday to finally get it done, yay! I asked my boss if I could go in late and she gave me the whole day. It will be awesome to have a working oven again. Oven AND hot water? Luxury! 🙃

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ohhh lovely,RUBY,asparagus is delicious…enjoy!😋
    Yes V Beau is v much a blue!
    NATALIE the show sounds very entertaining,so good to go out for the evening isnt it!
    My happys for Tuesday..
    *~ Dandelions and daisies everywhere,the yellow and white is so fresh and springlike. Plus the beautiful bluebells! 💕
    *~ Sitting in DDs house looking out into the garden..there’s loads of wisteria blooming over the side of her shed. Sheds a muted shade of green and the lilac wisteria looks so lovely against it…very French!
    *~ My friend has just become a Grandma! 🥳 I used to take the new Dad out in his pram when he was a baby..and now he’s all grown up, a successful businessman and …..a Daddy! 💚x

• posted by Natalie
    on

🚙 My daughter is currently out having her last driving lesson (a night lesson) which will give her enough hours to go for her driving test to get her Ps. Then she’ll be able to drive herself around without a supervisor!
    🍫 I have NOT eaten a kilogram of chocolate since Easter. Still nibbling away at my giant bunny each evening, and there is plenty still to enjoy.
    👚 I asked Jasmine to fold the clean clothes today – and she did.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, how wonderful to have all your basic modern necessities functioning again. Not having even one of these, makes us appreciate how difficult life would be without them. Hope your daughter achieves her P plates and set you both free.
    Yowser, I love wisteria and have never been able to keep one beyond a couple of years and never had one flower. Can just picture how beautiful your DD’s is against that back drop. Such a heavenly fragrance too.
    Ruby, with you all the way on asparagus …. asparagus ‘soldiers’ with a runny fried duck egg … yum!!
    V, so please you got away for your holiday and had a wonderful time, after a few false starts, it must have been great to experience something akin to a normal break away again.

Sorry for once again being absent from the thread for awhile, but here are a few positives from sunny Turkiye ….
    🏠 our villa build is progressing well, with a promise that it will be weather tight by the end of May, with roof, windows and doors.
    😷 masks no longer mandatory in shops and enclosed spaces here as of yesterday, with the only exception being medical settings. Pleased to find people still being cautious though, with many still wearing them, including me.
    ⚖ managing to more or less maintain, despite a few deviations from the BSD WOE. Just need to find the discipline to drop a few pounds before the end of next month!
    Looking forward to having friends visit overnight tonight and catching up with them face2face, instead of via messages and video chats.
    Hope you are all blessed with positives in abundance today and will come and tell us about them soon.

• posted by Natalie
    on

A duck egg SunnyB, how exotic! I don’t think I’ve ever seen one for sale, not where I shop anyway. But I’m fully on board with the fresh asparagus when in season. I remember first trying raw asparagus spears from the garden of a house I’d just moved to, amazing. It must have been well-established, because when I tried to grow it at my next house I got about three spears a year!
    📚 I finished up at one library today, going to the new job next week. I cleared my desk and my locker, and left a project at a place where it was fine as is, but I could also pick up again in a few months or whenever if/when I end up back there. It was satisfying to leave everything neat and tidy.
    🍲 Jasmine cooked dinner, a stir fry with lots of vegetables.
    🚗✈️🚙 Husband, son and I all got home within seconds of each other, all walked in the the lovely smells of the afore-mentioned dinner.

• posted by Verano
    on

Another asparagus junkie here! I just love the stuff but there’s nothing quite like English asparagus in season …. let the hunt begin!
    I have had a few positives this week…..
    When I did my finger prick test on Tuesday it was normal for me despite having a few extra carbs on the previous four days. So that was a nice surprise.
    Almost back to my pre-trip weight just 0.4lb to go. Then the serious work begins!
    Good to read all your positives as usual.
    Have a good weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,hope it’s sunshiny for you,like it is here!
    Just calling by quickly with a quote I like..courtesy of Albert Einstein…” You never fail until you stop trying”
    I bet he wasn’t thinking about losing weight when he said that,but it applies to weight loss too. And everything else. Keep going,whatever the goal is 👍
    Have a lovely weekend folks!
    Ps another good one..! Be the person your dog thinks you are!💜💚🐶💚💜XX

• posted by Verano
    on

I just wanted to post this on the weekly thread but also thought I should post here…..from Dr Chattergee’s weekly email because it really resonates with me ……
    “If you do nothing else this week…
    Write yourself a love letter. For each Friday Five throughout April, I’ve been sharing an actionable tip from my new book, Happy Mind, Happy Life.
    A really useful practice to help cultivate self-compassion is to write a letter to yourself. I have seen the transformative effects of this time and time again, but some people find it a challenging exercise to do initially. If that sounds like you, try this to start with: in a journal or on a blank piece of paper, write down five qualities you like about yourself. For example, I am honest, I am kind, I am always there for my friends etc. Once you have the qualities written down, you could try expanding each one by writing a line or two about an example from your life where you demonstrated that quality. Write with compassion, warmth and forgiveness.
    I recommend repeating this exercise regularly – even once a week can have a powerful effect. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.”

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all! V I love that exercise! I’m going to look up Dr Chattergee..seems a good guy to listen to.
    My positives…
    *~ What a lovely day,been out and about and everywhere is bursting at the seams with life..people relaxing and enjoying the nice spring weather
    *~ Enjoyed buying some nice plants! Just hope I don’t kill them,I always seem to over water.
    *~ Home now and got my trotters up resting,contemplating having a healthy dindins but not sure what yet! 😋
    Love to all…..for those in Uk,enjoy the long Bank Hol weekend! Yipppeeee!
    Interesting thought…
    “ A smile is understood in every language “

• posted by Verano
    on

Oh WOW Yowzer sounds almost like you have had the life we ‘used to have’ or maybe we should just call it ‘normality ’!
    I tried the ‘exercise’ today and have to say it was difficult … (Shakespeare) ‘to thine own self be true’. Yes I made five …. which is my positive for today but ‘expanding’ is just half a step too far for me at the moment.
    Try it and see!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi VERANO,it DID feel very normal..And relaxing and cheerful,even tho all the bars etc were packed to the rafters (Lark Lane)
    We’re still sitting outdoors though when we can ( “Lost in Lark Lane” have a nice little back garden,so do “Frieda Moes”)
    Im not so much worrying about covid these days,tho it’s still about ..DDs neighbours,young couple and baby,all I have it.
    I know so many people with various nasty bugs right now,and half a dozen people with scarlet fever…kids and adults,I haven’t heard of that since I was a kid myself.
    So I’m mask wearing in shops and on public transport,to avoid anything and everything,tho nearly everyone I see isn’t,plus doing lots of hand washing and using antibacterial spray all the time. In a book I’m reading they mention the Great Plague of London,1665-66,which killed an estimated 100,000 out of a population of 460,000. They say the main reason so many died was that the doctors were going from house to house treating plague sufferers,but back then,doctors had no idea they should be washing their hands between every visit,which led to the spread of the infection.
    I think it was the Great Fire of London that brought it all to an end in 1666. I might be wrong but in the absence of a vaccine,I guess it must have helped.
    SUNNY,I had a funny dream last night! We were both bidding on EBay for some item,in a very friendly way,both quite happy for the other to get it.I don’t know what the item was,but it was sthing Turkish,maybe a tea tray or sthing similar. I woke up before discovering who won!😄

• posted by Natalie
    on

Yowzer my SIL has just recovered from flu that she said was worse for her than COVID! I’ve heard rumours that it could be a bad flu season here because we’ve all lost resistance, being isolated from it for a couple of years. I’ve had my jab, hopefully I can avoid getting too sick.
    Today I’m definitely looking for some positives in the negatives.
    📃 I got my first essay back for my Masters, I did Not do well! A Pass, and not by that much! Being smart and doing well academically is a major part of my core identity so it hit me hard. But after 24 hours of marinating in disappointment, I was able to remember a couple of other times when I came back from a bad start. The feedback will help me fix what I was doing wrong. And a kick in the pants can be motivating!
    🚘 Had a stressful time with a very busy day driving back and forth trying to coordinate several different events, and it culminated with being told – rather too late! – that Jasmine would be finishing early; in 15 minutes, a 45 minute drive away, at night in an unfamiliar location. I didn’t speed, but I think I gave myself a stomach ulcer. It turned out the “early” warning was exaggerated and I arrived just as she was coming out. Other parents had been standing in the cold for half an hour!
    🎉 The day finished well with my step-mother-in-law’s 75th birthday party.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

First, let me wishing you all a happy 1st of the month …. hope May brings you only good things.
    V, that sounds like an interesting exercise …. Will give it some thought and see if I can do it, though I think it sounds quite challenging. And let’s face it, we are probably our own worst critics.
    Natalie, think you’re right, sometimes not achieving an expected result can be both a learning opportunity and motivational. I’m sure your next submission will give a better result.
    Yowser, wonder what we were competing for …. lovely leather jacket or a Turkish rug perhaps … or maybe some pretty Turkish coffee cups or tea glasses. Like you, I’m still mask wearing in certain settings when I think it’s appropriate. I don’t see it as a hardship and if Natalie is right about the next flu season, maintaining some of the precautions leant during covid, can only be a good thing.
    Positives from me for today are …..
    🧺 First batch of laundry is out on the line … a bright and breezy day, so should dry very quickly.
    🙂 New doors installed on our kitchen cupboards yesterday, looks much fresher and smarter …. why didn’t we do it sooner?!
    And I’ll finish off with a couple of ‘looking forward toos’ …
    1. Cooking beef rengdang for dinner tonight … yum!
    2. Having friends over tomorrow evening for cheese, wine, a good chat and a few laughs.
    Whatever is going on for you today, hope it will be bring you lots of positives and to those who will be enjoying a Bank Holiday tomorrow, enjoy!

• posted by Verano
    on

Just a quick note …….
    Out for lunch today with friends …. lovely!
    Bonus …. bought asparagus from a farm on the way home …. dippy eggs and asparagus spears for lunch tomorrow!
    Happy May!
    Gave a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sounds like a good day V!👍
    My happys…
    *~ Yayyyyyy it’s Mayyyyyyy…5 months ahead of better weather we hope..and lots of longer days 👏👏👏👏
    *~ One of the advantages of living literally one minute away from DD and SIL..DDs just run round to mine with a Sunday dinner and glass of wine. I’m keeping half the dinner for tomorrow as she’s given me such a big portion,will slurp all the wine though 😋
    *~ Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Deleting apps from my iPad and accidentally deleted Mail. Managed to get it back and can receive Mail now but can’t send. So I’m halfway there 👍👍
    Now I’m trying to figure out what and where an SMTP is in Settings,can’t see it. Apparently will restore my Send function.
    So please send some positive vibes to help me sort it out🙄🙏🥳 xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

I have lots of positives today.
    📚 First day in the new library, everyone was very nice, the systems and the work are all the same as I’m used to so it’s just a matter of remembering where everything is!
    🚗🚚🚙🚌🏎🚛 In one way the commute was worse than I expected; it’s further so I had to leave earlier and the traffic was very heavy both there and home. But in another way it was very easy – one road all the way and I didn’t even need to change lanes. So as long as I have my radio to bop along to it’s a stress-free, if long, drive.
    🪜 The library is huge but only seems to have around the same number of books as the others; everything is widely spaced and you could play some kind of ball-sport in the aisles. And only the middle rows of each shelf are used, so I don’t have to stand on a step to reach the top shelves nor crouch down to reach the bottom.
    🍗 Dinner is in the oven and smelling great.
    👠 I wore my nicest shoes today to make a good impression (ow!) but tomorrow I go back to not giving a damn in flats.
    🗓 I was hired for three days a week until end of June, after one day we are already in discussions about adding another day and/or continuing until August. And my old boss asked to borrow me back for a week, so I’m feeling very loved.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all,making this quick as I only have 3 % battery,just time to squeeze in a few nice things…
    *~ Enjoying all the greenery,the trees have all burst into life! So wonderful to see
    *~ having a cuppa after being out this avvo,nothing nicer than a cup of tea!
    *~ Still haven’t totally sorted my iPad out,prob need to ring Apple but using an old email account for now that I haven’t used for years..lots of emails unopened there,many from sthing called Daily Om so I’m going to enjoy reading them all!
    Take care everyone. Peace Out! 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦Xx
    Ps nice news about your new job and your old one NATALIE! X

• posted by Natalie
    on

I need to boast about my brilliance, and/or some serendipity.
    ☕️🥛 I’ve had the (very minor) problem for years of needing a suitable small but tightly sealed container to take milk to work in. I have a tiny splash in multiple cups of tea, and it only adds up to around 100mL each week so most containers are unnecessarily large. Other workers seem to use no milk, or skim (or worse, like soy) So I can’t share. I was thinking yet again about this issue while holding an empty bottle of Vitamin B12 pills, about to throw it out… Ah-hah! I was worried it was too tiny, but I used it this week and (for three days at least) it was perfect with some left over.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,happy day/ evening!
    Some morning positives..
    *~ It’s a lovely day,always a massive plus for most of us I think!
    *~ Two parcels delivered to me today,looking forward to opening them after a late brekky. Two examples of delayed gratification! 😄😜
    *~ Friend has come through an op successfully,home soon,fingers crossed all will be ok for him now🙏
    Bye for now and remember to be nice to yourself! 🌸🌷 There’s only one You! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, personally I hate to just dispose of a good container, even to recycling, so well done on finding a new purpose for your vitamin bottle.
    Yowser, two parcels sounds like a real treat …. hope they contained something exciting! 🤞🏻your friend recovers well.

Few little positives from me too ….
    ☀️ lovely day out with OH today. We visited one of our fav places here, had a leisurely lunch in the sun and then a pleasant stroll.
    🙂 a friend told us about a tile factory outlet. Checked it out and found they have lovely stock at really great prices, which will save us heaps.
    😀 bought a reed diffuser today, made of really beautiful olive wood (love a bit of treen). Think I will be buying at least one more 🤭 and it’s likely a few people will be getting them as Christmas presents!

Looking forward to a meal out to celebrate a friend’s birthday this evening …. perfect end to a perfect day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY I like the sound of that tile place! I love seeing nice tiles! A local restaurant has got the most fab tiles in the Ladies..I wd love to have them in my bathroom! 💜
    Enjoy your meal tonight! I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! XX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day…! Happy Friday folks!
    My positives..
    *~Woke up this morning. I’ve got to an age now where I wake each morning and feel glad I’ve survived another night! 😃
    *~ Weighed in today and have lost 3 1/4 lbs this week…around 9 lbs off since Easter..almost two big bags of spuds! go me!..so at least I’ve lost the after effects of the long lasting and various Easter and Mums Day treats!
    *~ It’s now the time of year that I always go out without a jacket..no more jackets for Yowzer til end September! Wooohoo!
    I never wear coats,I’m only about 5 ft 2..used to be 5 ft 3 🙄…so I have short legs. In a coat I look like one of Ken Dodds diddymen..My legs,which are weird and shapeless due to lymphodema,don’t look good in anything,but look particularly bad protruding beneath a coat. On upside,that saves me a fortune as I never buy expensive beautiful elegant coats!
    I just admire them on other people!
    Have a great weekend and remember to Always wear your invisible crown! XX 😘

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    So good to read all your positives.
    Thought it was more than time that I catch up with everyone.
    Yowzer …. I’m exactly like you …. was 5.3 but now 5.2 …. I’m not shrinking anymore … no matter what the measuring bar says!!!
    Sunny how wonderful to be choosing tiles it must make you feel that the villa is now getting closer and closer to being a reality.
    Natalie so good to hear the new job is going well and the future is looking bright too.
    A few positives for me ….
    🍽👫 Out for lunch today with some friends we see very infrequently, so not just great food but also great company …. a bit more ‘normality’!
    🧺🧺 Spent a few hours yesterday getting my ironing up to date … how wonderful to see piles of ironed clothes and bed linen.
    🔪🥬 No food to cook tonight because lunch was so filling but also carb healthy. A night off …. now that’s positive!
    Have a good weekend.
    P.S. Yowzer where are you up to with your email now ?

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m only 5’0” (or maybe half an inch over) so I win that one! But my height RE:coats never bothered me. My trouble with coats is that my upper arms have got very fat so coats or jackets that fit me elsewhere are much too tight there and I can’t move my arms! I bought a beautiful purple coat a couple of years ago before I put the weight back on (stupid COVID causing all the lockdowns grumble grumble) but even then it was a bit awkward. One day! I have to go for soft jumpers and cardigans that have a bit of stretch.
    I have another negative-ish that I’m turning into a positive:
    🏛 I’ve decided this new workplace isn’t for me, long term. It’s not terrible but there are too many downsides, in particular the culture (I prefer customer-first not rules-first!) and the commute. But having found this out is a very important positive as there will be permanent jobs coming up (probably August) and if I hadn’t known, this might have been one of the places I put on my preference list. Of the five locations I have worked in I now have three ‘yes’ and two ‘no’ and that is great information to have.
    👩 In half an hour or so my hair will have miraculously turned back to blonde (it’s only blonde-ish right now)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Saturday everyone!
    My pozzys today.🥳
    *~ Received “ letter” and photos from my adopted donkey Billy O and news of his friends 💜💚
    *~ DD came over…I call my home The Annexe coz she keep some clothes and toiletries here ( they don’t have much storage space in their home) …she was sorting out stuff to take on business trip next week. Enjoyed having her round.. It still feels like a novelty!
    *~ Found an interesting person on YouTube,making videos about decluttering
    Her site’s called A to Zen Life and she also blogs..
    I like this,20 things to let go of in 2022…emotional/ mental declutter as good as a physical declutter …
    https://atozenlife.com/things-to-let-go-of/
    VERANO piles of lovely ironing is even better than a basket of clean washing straight from the line
    I solved my email prob by going from hotmail to outlook( it changed in 2011 but I didn’t bother switching)
    For all it applies to HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TOMORROW, 💜🥂💚 xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Good morning everyone!
    💝 I had a lovely Mother’s Day, Tim and the kids looked after me all day then I cooked dinner for 17; it was lovely to have everyone together. Since my double oven is fixed now I was able to do roast chickens and veges and it was delicious.
    💤 This morning I got a message from my son’s school saying they were having issues with water supply, and without working toilets kids would have to work online from home. My positive is for my son, who was delighted to go back to bed for an hour on Monday morning!
    🍽 I can hear my husband stacking the dishwasher. He does all the cleaning up after the family gatherings, he ran the dishwasher last night but with so many guests there was plenty left over for another load this morning.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI NATALIE,,glad you had a good MD! wow hats off to you cooking for 17!
    It’s so interesting to hear you talking about Monday when here it’s Sunday evening and I’m imagin8ng a busy Monday morn where you are..
    My Sunday night ‘ things to be grateful for’
    * ~ I’m sitting up in bed reading. All is peaceful and cosy and calm.
    *~ Saw DD earlier,she’s off on business to Oxford tomoz,so I’m glad I saw her before she went. On way home saw four cats,including ours. All doing their own th8ng and ignoring each other! Didn’t see SIL,he was soaking in the bath.
    *~ My neighbour was out planting wild flowers 💜

Hope everyone has a great week! XX
    🌸🌸 “ May your life be like a wild flower,growing freely day in the beauty and joy of each day “ 🌸🌸
    ( Author unknown )

• posted by Natalie
    on

🌸 My African violets take it in turn to flower, so there is always something.
    🔑 I “opened” the library this morning; got there early to unlock doors, turn on lights, charge up computers, turn off answering machine etc. we hadn’t actually gone through the process at this new workplace but I found everything ok except one light switch that was hiding behind a door. And being in early meant I got to leave early.
    🐦 Flipped the bird to authority and extended a patron’s loan period beyond their official allowance. (Sssshh, don’t tell on me.)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Big hello to all you positive people! I’ve loved reading all of yours high points, but thought it overduevfor Mr to pop in to offer up a few positives of my own.

☀️ lovely relaxed day yesterday, mostly sitting in the sun just enjoying some chill-out time with OH.
    🍽 found a new fav restaurant a couple of nights ago, with an interesting menu and some great wines …. can’t wait to go back.
    🧹 whizzed through the apartment with broom and mop this morning, now I can get back to reading my book!

Looking forward to more tile hunting this afternoon as we’ve agreed we need to source matt tiles in a smaller size for the floors of the new bathrooms …. factory outlet only have huge ones and mainly glossy to boot, so it’s back to the local suppliers for these.

Have a great day/ evening everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI all!
    SUNNY I enjoy doing that too..brushing,mopping,sometimes steaming,then throwing down the tools and reaching for a book!😄 Bliss!
    *~ Awake a bit too early today,before 5 a.m.,but it’s always lovely to be up to greet the fresh new day
    *~ Talking of books,I thought I was coming to the end of reading the books I bought in locko but didn’t read..but doing another declutter ( 9/9) I came across three unopened beauties! 👏👏
    *~ Managing to avoid temptations lately but today had awful urge to order some cakes! Didn’t do it,and the temptation has passed. Get behind me Satan AKA Carb Monster!
    Lovely quote…….
    ☆Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life☆. (Rumi)

• posted by Verano
    on

Post disappeared! Will write again tomorrow!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Lovely to read all your positives. Thank you.
    Wrote a long post yesterday and I lost it… so annoying.
    Anyway, hope everyone is well.
    After a few nights away all is good here and I do have a few positives ….
    🚙💦🌧 Drove back over the Moors yesterday which were even more bleak than usual because of the rain …. the positive is that we don’t have to live there!
    🛏🥂🥩 A couple of nights in a lovely hotel with wonderful food was enough to recharge the batteries. (only gained 0.4lbs!!)
    🏡🛏🥬 Always lovely to go away but even better to come home to our own home, bed and healthy food.
    Tomorrow is Friday and for the superstitious, the 13th! Have a good and safe day!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Friday Folk! Hope everyone well and happy!
    VERANO I’m not really superstitious,but I must admit to a tiny twinge of apprehension when I realised that DD was travelling back from Oxford on Fri 13th!
    My Friday FeelGoods…
    *~ DD back from business trip,lovely to catch up with her this afternoon!
    *~ Won £30 in Wednesdays lottery. Not a fortune but it’s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Plus I never do Wednesday lottery,(nor very often a Saturday one),so it was a little impulse that paid off!
    * ~ Day 9 of my 9/9 declutter! 👏👏
    Have a good weekend everyone! XXX 😘

• posted by Natalie
    on

Good morning everyone. I’m still in gloomy rainy windy Queensland – but the weather doesn’t matter because I spend all day in the Indoor Gymnastics Center.
    🏅 My huge positive is that my daughter Jasmine got a bronze medal! Out of level six women’s pairs balance routine, she is THIRD best IN AUSTRALIA! That is so amazing. And they came fourth in their dynamic routine, which is also awesome, and a huge improvement on the State final. (Balance involves holding difficult lifts, like Jasmine standing with arms stretched up and Abbie doing a handstand on Jasmine’s hands; dynamic has Jasmine throwing Abbie in the air to do various twists and somersaults then catching her, both routines have dancing, splits, cartwheels etc)
    🤸‍♂️ Now we can just relax and watch level nine and ten today, no pressure, before we fly home tomorrow.
    💐 Celebrating 20 years with my lovely husband.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Perversely, as someone born on a Friday 13th, I always view these days as auspicious.

Natalie, congratuations to your daughter on her success…. but just reading about what their routines involve felt exhausting! Also congrats to you and hubby, hope you enjoyed your celebrations.
    Yowser, how lovely to win a little cash… be sure to treat yourself to something lovely, especially as you have just completed your 9/9 challenge.
    V, so pleased you had a lovely break away. Even a short break can be really revitalising.

Things here are good and I figured it’s time to post a few more positives …..
    👗 got jittery yesterday, as to whether the dress I have for DD’s wedding will still fit and it’s in the UK so can’t try it on. Decided to be safe, it was best to buy a backup just in case, so after trawling the shops yesterday, we managed to find one to fit the bill. Hoping the original will still be okay though.🤞🏻
    👞while shopping OH bought two new pairs of shoes … same style different colours. Makes sense if you find comfy shoes to get them in more than one colour if you can.
    🙂 have had a couple of lovely catch up sessions with friends over the last few days.
    🍉🍏🥕🍅🫑market day today, so can stock up on some delicious fresh veggies and a little fruit, as my Mum who arrives on Tuesday, likes a couple of pieces of fruit for breakfast.

Looking forward to a day out wine tasting on Monday and my parents arriving for a visit on Tuesday, which will herald the start of a very busy couple of weeks.

• posted by Natalie
    on

🏡 Home! I love home.
    ✈️ I’m scared of flying, but got through there and back with no dramas. So glad to be back on the ground.
    🥦 After 5 days of restaurant and fast food, home cooking tonight.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*~ Glorious weather yesterday and an excited atmosphere here in Liverpool in anticipation of the Cup Final and then of course the happiness of winning
    *~ Having a lovely weekend with DD,laughing and reminiscing, eating and drinking just a bit too much. Her hubby is having a weekend with his Dad
    *~ Ordered a lovely summer outfit for Beaus granddaughters 11 th birthday coming up soon
    SUNNY enjoy having your parents visiting!
    NATALIE well done to your DD!
    Have a groovy week everyone! X 🌷🌸

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    The sun is shining!
    It’s Tuesday the start of another week!
    Last week was a washout for me but nothing like getting straight back onto that horse!
    Hope to have some positives to share later.
    Hope you are all well. Have a good day!

• posted by Natalie
    on

😊 Verano that reminds me of a TV character (maybe Raj on Big Bang Theory?) who thought the phrase was “get back on the whores”.

Please log in or register to post a reply.