Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,an early start for me,woke at five a.m.
    *~ Was really nice to be awake for the start of the day. It was frosty and cold but now the suns out.yay!!!
    *~ Excited as two deliveries coming today….stuff I bought on the Donkey Sanctuary website and ( oh dear)some Easter goodies from Bettys Teashop. Will put them firmly away / in freezer but they’ll be calling to me ..I might need to have a tiny nibble…😀😀
    *~ Last day of March woooooohooooo…April Fools day tomoz,don’t forget to trick somebody and do pinch,punch,and say White Rabbits! 🥳🥳
    VERANO,sounds like you’re starting a serious declutter! 👍
    NATALIE I agree, we all need breathing space sometimes and a little “ME”time xx

🌼🌼 “April brings the primrose sweet,Scatters daisies at our feet”.🌻🌻

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everybody and white rabbits! Pinch,punch…wooohooo we’ve gone on to another page I think!
    My Friday feelgoods…
    *~ Yippee it’s April and spring is here for us in N Hemisphere! 🥳
    *~ Been watching After Life series 3. Makes me laugh and cry tho I do cringe at the language sometimes. Nice to be home when it’s so cold outside,feet up,cup of tea🙂
    *~ Starting another book today out of the towering pile I didn’t get round to during locko..have read three books over the last week or so…maybe a Baileys later ,or a nice glass of vino!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone xxxx keep well xxxx
    🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hey Yowzer I had to look up the saying white rabbits, never heard of it! Internet couldn’t seem to tell me what it means or why it’s a thing (in some places). I have heard of pinch and a punch on the first of the month. And punching someone on their birthday, one punch in the arm for every year. Something little boys do. I would be a mass of bruises at my age. Ouch!
    Did anyone get April fooled? I’ve rarely seen or been involved in any fooling, but once many years ago I had a small bowl of goldfish on my desk at work and someone hid it and I had to do a treasure hunt to find it with clues leading me around the office. I thought that was pretty good.
    My positives today:
    🎾 My son got to go to tennis this morning, for once not raining! (Not yet, very grey.)
    📃 Making good progress with my essay, the old brain isn’t completely gone yet!
    💃 Watching Ru Paul Spain, some amazing costumes and Onyx on the runway as a statue of a fallen angel, beautiful.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks!
    NATALIE..we say white rabbits first of the month as it’s supposed to bring good luck!
    I too wd be black and blue with a pinch or punch per birthday year!
    We don’t do pinch punch on bdays..we do the bumps,or at least threaten to do so! Doesnt really happen,just a joke,at least I’ve never seen it actually done. It involves family and friends taking the birthday person by the arms and legs, and “bumping” him/her up into the air and down onto the floor…potentially quite dangerous!
    I liked the sound of yr little treasure hunt!
    April fools..the only one I remember doing is years ago,giving a boss a piece of paper with a phone number and name,Mr C Lyon,and telling him sbody had asked for him to ring..he rang up and asked for Mr C Lyon,then he went red,and banged the phone down. The number was the zoo!
    Happy things for me today..
    *~ I know I’m like a broken record but a highlight for me always is going to the park on a nice day and feeding the ducks and admiring all the dogs we meet. Had a lovely avvo there today and met a very rare breed of dog..a “Can De Palleiro”…such a big and gentle boy!
    *~ Can you believe I’ve never seen Grease? Just watching it now on tv,but even now I’ve missed the first half hour or so. Enjoying the 50s fashions,the music and dancing. John Travolta’s an amazing dancer!
    ~ 🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸~ Love n hugs to all ~ xxxx🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸~

• posted by Natalie
    on

Yowzer, never seen Grease!!!!???? I must have seen that a dozen times or more when I was young, with my mum who loved it (so did I) and then plenty since then. I could probably quote it to you, I could certainly sing all the songs!

• posted by Natalie
    on

My positives for a lovely day:
    🤸‍♀️ My daughter had her state final for acrobatic gymnastics, she and her partner came third! So we’re off to Nationals in Queensland in May! (They do two routines, in one they were 0.03 points away from coming second – it was like 25.333 vs 25.366 or something like that, so close! – but then they muffed a lift in their second routine so we were happy with third overall).
    👨‍🦳 Grandad was allowed to come and watch! First time he’s seen her compete. They’ve lifted all restrictions on numbers in the audience, but having a different session for each level so you’re there for about 2 hours then they kick everyone out ready for the next batch.
    🖊 I finished and submitted my first essay at Masters level – now I just have to wait and see if it was any good! But it a relief to get it in after many hours of work.
    ☀️ We ended daylights saving today, I forgot and jumped out of bed thinking we were late for the competition until Tim reminded me. Really should have put the clocks back the night before!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello ‘positivers’!
    Well, I don’t really have any positives to report but just thought I should say “HELLO” anyway.
    I would hate this thread to fizzle out so maybe even just one positive a day is enough.
    On that note ……
    👫🥬🍅 Friends for lunch tomorrow. So wonderful to have some ‘normality’. Even better to have a reason to ‘cook’! Making a dessert of chocolate mousse that is really not too carb/calorie OTT.
    Can we hope that life is really getting back to ‘normality’?
    Have a good week.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I would hate this thread to fizzle out too V so am thinking of some positives today!
    🎉DH had his 2nd negative Covid test today
    🤞DD is still testing negative
    🥶The temperature is due to rise here tomorrow
    I will try my best to start thinking of positives more regularly
    Dawn X

• posted by caronl
    on

Definitely need to keep this thread going! My positives:
    1) Feeling human again after catching Covid 3 weeks ago.
    2) Recovered in time to sing at a glorious performance of Bach’s St John’s Passion. Good for the brain cells and the soul.
    3) Spring is well on its way. Amelanchier is out in blossom. And the wild garlic in the garden is reemerging – ready to head to the soup pan.

Have a good week everyone. And Wendy if you read this, so pleased you had such a lovely time in Paris.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi!
    Caron glad you’re feeling well now.
    Well my first positive for the day….
    🥗🐟🍹 Lunch was healthy tuna and fresh salmon fish cakes, salad and dips. I did make a chocolate mousse but it was with 74% chocolate so maybe not so bad? Most importantly we spent lovely time with friends. So looking forward to doing it again soon.
    🪴🎍🪴Wonderful gift of an orchid which are my favourite flowers.
    ✈️🛳🏩 Have booked a wonderful trip at the end of the year to celebrate yet another significant birthday! Fingers and everything else crossed that it will in fact come to pass!
    Hope Monday had been a good start to the week for you and that it continues to be positive.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good morning/ afternoon/ evening! Hope everyone is feeling tippetty top!
    SUNNY hope your trips going well x
    All I want to say this morning is,everything that happens to me today is a positive,including any and all cares and worries,annoyances,irritationsfrustrations,bad luck,aches and pains etc etc…it’s all good. I’m living in heaven every moment of every day,compared to what’s happening to the people in Ukraine,which just seems to get worse and worse.
    Prayers,thoughts and love to them 🇺🇦🙏💜💚🙏🇺🇦

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Not going to comment on individual posts ascthere have been so many, but I have read them all. However I am going to thank all of you wonderful positive thinkers for keeping this thread alive and well!

My big positive is we made it to Turkiye alive and well after an interesting, tiring and sometimes eventful road trip out here. Arrived late yesterday afternoon and happy to say we are now settling in and beginning to relax.

Another positive is, I’m having my hair done tomorrow… cut and colour. Hasn’t been done since December, so looking forward to a refresh.

Please keep the positives coming in, I’ll try to post a bit more frequently again, now that I’m back to having proper Internet connection after our journey.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Good morning everyone!
    🎛 My oven is getting repaired today! Went on the blink a bit over a week ago.
    Soooo… 🍖 plans for roast beef tonight.
    🏛 My boss said she didn’t think she had any work for me next term, but the following day she scheduled me in for a couple of weeks so who knows. And a temp position has been advertised in work I really want to do (cataloguing) but is much further away with an annoying commute so I can feel happy whether I get it or not!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wowzer Yowzer,Wednesdays here already!
    SUNNY glad to hear you’ve arrived! X
    NATALIE well done on completing that essay X
    CARONL good to see you! Hi to SUNNY!V!NATALIE!and all XX
    *~ Went to our Central Library today and to the museum. Can’t remember the last time we visited either. Exhibition on at the Museum that DD s worked on. Really enjoyed seeing it.
    *~ Saw tons of bluebells today and daffodils are everywhere. The colours of spring are fabulous.
    *~ I’ve been a bit lax with my Ta Da! list lately,but back on track now,getting things done!
    Easter’s just around the corner now…woooo hooooo! 🌼🌻🌸🌼🌻🌸

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Glad you’ve arrived safely Sunny, enjoy your stay.
    We have had a strange day weather wise here ….. sun, heavy showers then sun and now dark grey skies but sunny! Anyway, I do have a positive….
    👚👗👚Tried on some clothes I’ve not worn in a while and whilst a few of the tops were slightly tight, the one I really thought I wouldn’t be able to wear, fits nicely! Just goes to show you never know until you try.
    Hope you’re all well.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy folks,we’ll it’s Thursday again..Thursday seems to come around about every 3 days!
    Well done on the clothes fitting V!👏👏
    My Thursday positives…
    *~ Got two new tops and they fit lovely,very comfy and look nice..plus they were bargains!👍
    ~ A strange positive this,but looking at a photo of when I was down to my thinnest in July 2017,I look frail and old lady ish! Maybe there’s something to be said for a little extra padding when you’re in your 70s,so I’m not aiming quite as low now…so that’s got to be a positive!
    *~ Been to the hairdressers,but it’s so wet and windy,I came home looking like I’d been dragged through a hedge backwards! 😀Nice to see my lovely hairdresser though,we always have lots to talk about.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just a quick pop on with a positive…. had my hair done today. OH persuaded me to go with purple streaks! It’s bold, but I’m owning it and he loves it.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

That sounds sooooooo lovely SUNNY,you rock it girl! 💜xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Sunny I once did a “temporary” purple hair treatment at home for a party. Turns out temporary didn’t mean what I thought it meant! I took me 6 weeks of washing with harsh shampoo to get it out. I should have just owned it, shouldn’t I! I would nowadays. I’m sure you look great.
    Yowzer you’re right about needing a bit of fat, especially in the face, for youthful looks. Don’t all the ads for expensive face creams talk about “plumping” technologies? Or is that mascara!? But fat smooths out wrinkles.
    👂🏻 I’ve woken a couple of times in the night lately with dizziness and the room spinning, last night I felt quite nauseous, which was worrying. But I did some searching on the internet and it seems a common and easily fixable problem, I just need some head movement therapy to get those darn little canalith crystals back in their proper place in my inner ear. So I won’t worry.
    🐣 I took in a basket of little Easter eggs to put on the front desk for people to take as they were leaving the library. I may have had one or two myself 😋
    💦 It is not actually raining right at this second, for a change.

• posted by Natalie
    on

A few more positives from me:
    🚗 I had a very busy day yesterday, zipping from place to place on various errands. It was so productive, and I achieved everything I needed to. I don’t mind a full day if I have a full ta-dah list at the end of it!
    📃 I thought I had lost my personal 15-page summary of how the Dewey Decimal system works that I created while studying (the full version is four enormous tomes) but I eventually found it in my computer files and was able to print it out again.
    🍗 My husband is cooking dinner tonight – butter chicken. I don’t like it from restaurants, it’s always really sweet, but Tim’s version is lovely.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning/evening.
    Yowzer I know exactly what you mean. Often when I see before and after photos I think the person looks much older in the ‘after’ photo!
    I’m racking my brains to think of some positives for the last few days and I really can’t except that I’m here and well. What more can you ask for? Everything else us a bonus.
    Have a good weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

A hipppy happpy weekend everyone! 🥂🎶💕🥂💜

*~ I’m not a very good sleeper but last night I was asleep by 1030 and slept til around 8 a.m. it was such a lovely change to sleep well and long,plus I had nice dreams,I often have nightmares or stressful dreams.
    *~ Got two Easter card today,both including news! ….always lovely to receive snail mail,as it doesn’t happen much these days.
    *~ Hehe! I lay down on the bed at DDs to cuddle Ziggy the cat who was lazing there. He immediately got up and jumped onto the windowsill,stared out ….I guess he wasn’t in a cuddly mood! Everything about him was saying Please leave me alone. That’s cats for you!😼

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, sounds like you have had a very successful time… and hubbies cooking dinner too! If you ever need to strip hair colour, vitamins mixed with dandruff shampoo works well … I used it once when a home dye was way too orange!
    V, sometimes it enough to just be grateful for being.
    Yowser, glad you got a good night’s sleep, it makes so much difference.
    My main positive at the moment, is we actually have some walls in the villa now! Theory is, the bricking should be complete by Tuesday🤞🏻.
    Secondary positive, warmth and sunshine here most days 😀.

Keep those positives rolling in … I read them all, even if I’m bit posting and they always make me smile.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola Positive People!
    SUNNY it must be so exciting to see the house coming together!
    *~ The suns shining,birds are singing,the tree outside my bedroom window is full of pink blossoms,Easter’s round the corner..what’s not to be happy about! 🥳
    *~ This morning I watched two episodes,series two,of Derry Girls. Always makes me laugh. Series 3 starts this week.
    *~ Reading a lovely book called The ThingsYou Can See Only When You Slow Down. Beautifully and simply illustrated too.
    Have a good week,cool cats! A short week for some of those working with Good Friday coming up! 🥳
    This is long but I like it,from the book I’ve just mentioned..
    “The whole universe is contained in an apple wedge in a lunchbox.
    Apple,tree,sunlight,cloud,rain,earth,air,farmer’s sweat are all in it.
    Delivery truck,gas,market,money,cashier’s smile are all in it.
    Refrigerator,knife,cutting board,mother’s love are all in it.
    Everything in the whole universe depends on one another.
    Now think about what exists in you…
    The whole universe is in us.” (Haemin Sunim )

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello
    Oh dear Yowzer you mentioned ‘Happy Hippy’ so I can only think of chocolate flavoured with geranium!! Oh dear! So happens I finished my last bar yesterday and I have no intentions of buying anymore ……. so first positive….
    ⚡️🍫⚡️ No more chocolate!
    🐋🥦🌶 Sea bass for dinner tonight with mushrooms in tarragon and cream sauce and cauliflower mash …. wow …. hope it’s as good as it sounds!
    No more from me today but tomorrow is a new week ….. let’s hope it’s positive …. no … let’s make it positive!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, loved that quote about the universe being in an apple slice.
    V, your sea bass sounds amazing … my fav fish and one of my favourite herbs too.

Just a couple of little positives from me today ….
    🌸 lots of delightful wild spring flowers about, some I recognise, but some I don’t, completely captivated by tiny little wild iris though.
    🌞 the forecast rain didn’t happen today.
    🛏 fresh sheets on the bed for tonight … 🙂

Hope you have some positives to report … Will look forward to reading them soon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi there VERANO a and SUNNY and all! Hope your Mondays gone well.
    SUNNY glad you liked the apple slice thing..everything is connected! 💜
    My Monday Memories….
    *~ Received some lovely emails and photos today! 😘
    *~ Changed DDs bed while they were out..haven’t done this since pre lockdown,but Ziggy is same as ever…had a job stopping him getting on freshly made bed! Nothing he likes more than clean bedding or any clean washing to get comfy on! I love the bedding DD has..VERANO it reminded me of you having new bedding a while ago,hope you’re enjoying it.
    *~ Home now and in my pjs,ready for a peaceful evening..fed the foxes early so don’t need to go out again.
    Enjoy yr week folks,make the most of it,it will never return! XX

• posted by Natalie
    on

💤 A good night’s sleep! Hopefully my night-time vertigo has been fixed by the weird head twisting and rolling thing I did yesterday.
    📚 It’s school holidays but my (academic) library has stayed open on reduced hours and I’m staffing it by myself for two weeks. It’s so quiet – two phone calls yesterday and not a single person came in except the IT guy to look at the computers – so I played my music loud while I got quite a lot of work done! My daughter’s Uni holidays are different and my teenage son sleeps until lunchtime anyway and I’m getting home early enough that I don’t feel like I’m missing any time with them.
    🐰 My colleagues left a large Easter bunny on my desk. I’m not actually going to eat it, I am trying hard to save my indulgences for my absolute favourites, but it was a lovely thought.
    📜 I didn’t get that cataloguing job for next term, but I’m feeling positive about it. I don’t have to do the commute, I’ll get some time off to do my Uni work, and I’ll be available whenever my current boss needs me.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NATALIE theres nothing better than a good sleep,specially when you’re working,you really need it. Hope you get many more.
    *~ My friend has made the most beautiful Easter Bonnet for her little niece who’s in an Easter Parade. I wish I was half as creative,also wish could put a photo here…
    *~ Went into the library! First time in over two years. Only meant to say hello,but saw new copy of an Alice Hoffman book,another instalment in the Practical Magic series,which was made into a film. So altho I have books here waiting to be read,just had to check this one out!
    *~ When a negative is a positive! DD and I still not throwing off this bug…it never quite goes away. We both tested negative this morning..a relief..🙏 don’t want a covid Easter thank you! Had a covid bday and that was enough! XX
    🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬🐠🐟🐬

• posted by Verano
    on

Just popping in to say “hello”.
    Yowzer sorry to hear you still haven’t fully recovered from your ‘bug’ but hopefully it will soon disappear.
    Natalie there’s nothing much better than a good nights sleep hope you have many more of them.
    Sunny hope you’re enjoying your holiday.
    I have a couple of positives….
    👚🩴👗 Ordered a few bits and bobs to brighten up my wardrobe. But more importantly I had a delivery of new bras today. I think because underwear is unseen it tends to be forgotten. It was only an underwire splitting in two that made me take a proper look mine …. oh dear! Problem now solved with pristine new bras …. now need to look at panties!
    More importantly, yesterday I had a very busy day. My son and family who we’ve not seen since December, and my daughter and grandsons came for lunch, which actually turned into dinner as well! All really lovely but rather tiring so nice quiet day today.
    Tomorrow I’m off to have my hips x-rayed for annual review and then hopefully out for lunch hopefully with SIL if she’s fine after jab 4 tonight. Seems quite a number of people are feeling unwell after this one.
    Anyway, a nice quiet weekend for us but I hope you all have a ‘happy holiday’ with chocolate but not toooo much!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow VERANO! x
    I think I need to go through my bra drawer too 🤔…
    My good vibes from today..
    *~ Had a lovely lie down with Pusscat..it’s as good as a meditation to just be quiet,listen to him purr,stroke him and look at the treetops through the window…can feel BP coming right down..
    * ~ Ordered four tops with 25% off today! Not THE Four Tops 🎶 obvs ! 😄
    *~ Still not quite used to the longer nights..can’t believe my eyes it’s still daylight at 8 pm and the skys a lovely violet colour! Hurrayyyyyyy!xx
    💚💚💚💚💚 Night night/ good morning all xx 💚💚💚💚💚

• posted by Natalie
    on

👨‍⚖️ My husband got the promotion! It means a car allowance, and maybe a car space, which is a big deal in the city.
    🎶 When (I thought) there were no patrons in the library, I turned up my music and was shelving books singing along to Meghan Trainor’s “All about that Bass” (if you don’t know it, the theme is that her curves are sexy) when I realised there was a young man amongst the shelves! A little embarrassing, especially considering the song, but quite funny I thought.
    🥕 I completed my grocery shopping for the long weekend.
    I hope everyone has a lovely and mostly-healthy Easter.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done NATALIE ‘s hubby on his promotion! X
    Easter’s like Christmas without the hassle and with more colours! Driving around yesterday we saw pink,white and yellow blossoms everywhere,and my favourites,daisies,dotted all over the place. So beautiful.
    That’s all I’ve got to say for today folks,apart from have a grrrrreat day ( like Tony the Tiger, for anyone old like me who remembers the Frosties ad!😄) xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Yowzer, yes drove all the way to Wrightington and was in and out in about 15 minutes. I don’t for one second suggest that the last two years have been positive but I do think it’s possible to find positives in even the most negative of situations.Yesterday, was a point in question.
    Rather than an annual consultation with a doctor after an x-ray the whole of which took on average three to four hours now I make an appointment for an x-ray, fill in a few forms and then they are examined on a date that I’m given. If there is a problem then I’ll get a call to go in and see a doctor. So much less stressful than the old system with everybody, including the staff, getting less stressed out and frustrated because of the long waiting times. Just makes for a far more efficient system.
    Similarly, I have an eye test every year at St Paul’s Eye Hospital. Pre-pandemic an appointment could take three+ hours quite easily. Now, there are fewer appointments so everyone gets seen much more quickly, patients don’t get agitated because of the long waiting times, staff don’t get stressed because the patients become bad tempered. So again, more efficient and productive for all.
    Moving on…..
    Congrats to Natalie’s husband!
    🌺🌴🌹I just can’t find any emojis to represent cherry blossoms. I live in a small cul-de-sac with a huge, at least 20’ spread, old cherry tree. It’s just coming into blossom and is really magnificent. It can’t fail to lift spirits.
    Similarly, I have just seen my first magnolia blooming but not quite there yet. There’s an absolutely amazing magnolia not far from us which is also magnificent every year. It’s not quite in bloom yet but not too far off. I just wish I could upload some photos!
    I just wanted to share this quote because it really resonated with me ….
    “First, it is an intention. Then a behaviour. Then a habit. Then a practice. Then a second nature. Then it is simply who you are.”
    Have a good weekend.

Brendon Burchard

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Love the quote, Verano.
    Natalie, your musical tale made me smile …. and congrats to your man.
    Yowser, your feline time sound blissful.
    Thought I’d drop in with a couple of positives ….
    💑 we were the official witnesses at our friend’s very low key marriage today. Very touched to gave been asked to be part of their special day.
    🤗 bumped onto some friends we hadn’t seen in a long while and passed a couple of hours drinking tea and chatting…. lovely way to pass an otherwise empty afternoon.
    Hope your day brought some positives your way. Have a great weekend, whatever you have planned.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Verano the cherry blossoms sound beautiful. Of course it’s autumn here, but we have a camellia drooping over our outdoor table which has lovely pink flowers now.
    Sunny, weddings are always a positive!
    🎲 We played my favourite family board game, Everdell. My son nearly always wins, he is so good at seeing strategic combinations. Long gone are the days when we took it a bit easy on the kids. The only times they can’t keep up now is with something like Trivial Pursuit which requires decades of general knowledge. Unless we use the Harry Potter questions deck!
    🎬 I finished watching Smash, a series about making a musical about Marilyn Monroe. There is a scene where Marilyn is talking to reporters who ask what she wears to bed. “Chanel No.5” Then they bring up the subject of her nude photos. “That’s not quite true, I left the radio on!”
    🎁 Our 20 year wedding anniversary is coming up soon. I know my husband wants a nice watch so that makes it easy for me but I have no ideas on anything to suggest he gets me. Isn’t it wonderful that I already have everything I want!?

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Sorry I meant to post some positives during the week but didn’t get round to it,I will try to catch up on everyone else’s over the next few days,here are a few of mine:
    – My mum eventually had her procedure to remove a polyp which went well.She had been dreading having it done and drinking the awful drink the night before so she’s been much more cheerful over the last few days now that it’s over with.
    -DH and I visited my dad at his care home.It’s the first time DH has seen him in 2 years because of all of the restrictions which were in place for so long so he was understandably sad at the change in him.My dad was mainly sleepy but we think he may have recognised DH.
    -I got a couple of nice tops on eBay,new and a lot cheaper than they would have been from the store,just waiting for them to arrive now!
    -Because DH had his Covid when he was on a week’s holiday from work he has had the time given back to him which we hoped would happen but weren’t sure.
    -My sister has got me 2 bars of Green and Blacks 85% dark chocolate for Easter
    That’s all I can think of for now.Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii folks! DAWN lovely to see you,good to hear your happy news 💕
    VERANO that quote is wonderful,it really sums life up neatly,and what most of us on BSD are trying to do 💚
    My happy day today…..
    *~ A nice relaxing day at home reading then at teatime,got dressed up a bit and went out for Early Bird meal! 😋
    *~ It was a lovely chance to catch up with DD and have a laugh and a chat. Food was lovely and plenty of it. We could barely put one foot in front of the other afterwards when we left,so full up 😄
    * ~ Home to watch Top of the Pops 1995..I love that era of Brit pop,really enjoying the programme. DD was a teen then so I was always hearing her music coming from her bedroom,and loved it,but had to pretend not to be that interested..what teen wants their parents to dig their music!
    Wishing everyone a wonderful sunny warm and chocolate filled Easter Sunday! 🥳🌻🌷🥂🌻

• posted by Natalie
    on

Happy Easter everyone!
    Yowzer my daughter loves BTS (Korean boy band) but she doesn’t seem to mind that I now like them too, it means I let her play their music on car trips.
    🧺 It is our Easter tradition to make our Easter egg hunting baskets the day before. I supply coloured cardboard and stickers, scissors and sticky tape and glue, and we sit together and make some quite elaborate creations. This year my son realised his green and red colour choices were more Christmassy than Easter so he went full Christmas – stars and trees and even a little reindeer he cut out! Quirky!
    🥚 We had a fun hunt this morning after the Easter bunny visited.
    🐰 Oh dear. My husband gave me a kilogram Lindt bunny! It is huge and amazing. Do I eat a little bit each day for months, or revel in it for a short time? I guess two days of indulgence, then down to little treats when I go back on the WOE on Tuesday. (Don’t even mention sharing, it is mine – all mine!)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yay! It’s Easter so spring has definitely sprung ! 🥳
    NATALIE I saw a Korean band sometime pre locko at an open air music afternoon in Liverpool..I wish I could remember their name,they were brilliant! I tried to find them on YouTube,but couldn’t. But I did enjoy watching some of this..I don’t know if your daughter does it..K-pop random dance off…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDG-hiGmWs
    My happys for today..
    *~ Well it’s Easter and whether you hold religious beliefs about the meaning of Easter or just like chocolate,it’s a great time of the year!
    * ~ Didn’t sleep last night,so I was up to watch the dawn,feed a squirrel and some tiny birds,and have a long nap later.
    *~ I’m just getting ready to go over to DDs for dindins! Looking forward to a nice evening and swapping gifts.
    A perfect day 🙏 Grateful for each and every day 🙏 xx
    🐣🐣“ Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all your eggs in one basket!😄”🐣🐥
    ( Evan Esar)

• posted by Natalie
    on

Yowzer thanks for the video that was fun. Jasmine does know a lot of K-Pop dances, I think she’d do well at something like this.
    🤸‍♂️ We went to the Royal Easter Show today because DD Jasmine’s acrobatic gymnastics troupe was performing! It was lots of fun. And the audience was not just parents and siblings (as it usually is for competitions) who have seen it all many times, so there were gasps of awe and fear as they tossed each other around!
    🍕 Aside from pizza for lunch I didn’t buy any junk food despite being surrounded by it, and I did 14,000 steps.
    🚌 On the bus on the way home a couple of teenage boys across from me were reading a series of “Would you rather” challenges to each from a list they found somewhere on the internet. Would you rather have fingers as long as your legs, or legs as long as your fingers? Would you rather have 5 strangers put their tongues in your belly button or put your tongue in a stranger’s belly button? It kept me amused all the way home.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone xx
    NATALIE if you go to Reddit.com and type r/WouldYouRather into Search,you’ll find loads of them! They’re very entertaining like you said xx
    *~ My first positive for today is I still have two hot cross buns to eat plus my Easter egg.
    I like a hot cross bun/ choc combo! A nice pm in store for Yowzer 😋
    *~ The chocs inside the egg are going into the freezer with some friends that have been there a while..some Quality Street and some white choc buttons. I’m quite good at resisting chox if they’re not in the cupboard waving and calling to me,far too close to hand
    *~ Going to rearrange kitchen worktops today as I’ve got some lovely new storage jars as Easter gift. Lovely bumble bee pattern on and I’m eager to have them on display
    *~ Wearing new Easter gift necklace,which DD bought to replace another I’ve worn so often it eventually fell to pieces.
    Enjoy the day and week ahead Positive Peoples! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Happy Easter one and all! Sounds like there has been lots of Easter fun, including little ‘treats’.

Couple of positives from my current corner of the world ….
    🌞 today’s weather forecast for a day of rain was wrong and it’s been warm and sunny pretty much all day.
    🤒 was wiped out by a migraine all day yesterday … the plus point was the resultant 36hr fast🙂
    😀 DD starts her new job tomorrow.

Enjoy what’s left of the Easter weekend/holidays and if you have time, please share your positives with us here.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY so sorry to hear about yr migraine. DD gets them regularly and found just by chance that tonic water helps. Then we read that it’s the quinine in tonic water helps..President Thomas Jefferson apparently treated himself for migraine with a concoction brewed from tree bark,which contains quinine.
    Good luck tomoz to your DD and her new job!
    I’m off to have a little afternoon snooooze 😴 xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

🏛 So last week I found out I didn’t get a job I had applied for (my current position ends in two weeks) but today another library called to ask me to work there 3 days a week for a couple of months! I don’t even know how they knew I existed! They said they’d checked with my boss when I was free, so maybe she’d been spreading the word about how awesome I am?? Or from the list of people who’d applied for the other job? I just don’t know.
    🦶 Only 5,000 steps today, but after yesterday my feet are grateful for it!
    📕 I had started a book by Kathy Reichs who inspired the TV show Bones (which has been recommended to me, but I haven’t seen) but I found it too explicitly gory, so I abandoned it and have found something more to my liking.
    🏡 My daughter doesn’t have gymnastics practice tonight (for a change!) so I don’t have to drive her anywhere and I can relax for the evening.

• posted by RubyG
    on

I don’t normally post on this thread, for whatever reason, but I have one for today:
    Wild garlic – I went foraging yesterday and picked a HUGE bag of the stuff. I have made pickled wild garlic buds, some wild garlic kimchi, wild garlic pesto and wild garlic butter, plus we’re eating some of the fresh leaves like spinach.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Yowzer, Natalie, Sunny, Dawn and Ruby and anybody reading!
    Thank you all so much for your positives which, as usual, lift my spirits.
    My positives …..
    🪵🌲🌿Had my trees pruned, no in fact well reduced, today. I found a lovely photo of my garden taken about 10 years ago but when I looked out of the window ‘lovely’ was replaced with ‘jungle’. Now we are back to mature but well manicured!
    🩴💅🩴 Wonderful pedicure (can’t find toes!) on Friday. I know it may be a strange day but my pedicurist has a full time job so her time is limited.
    🐟🥦🧅 Fish in the oven tonight either with a Mediterranean or cream sauce…. can’t quite decide. But yes it will be fish with cauliflower and broccoli mash … lovely! We have both decided we really do need to eat more fish which I think is much easier in the summer.
    Ok so I made my first ‘intention’ today which is to drink 1.5 litres a day. At the moment I’m averaging just 0.5 litre but hopefully by next week this will be a ‘behaviour’ …. let’s hope!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Above post reported.

• posted by Natalie
    on

🍿 Today I took the time to enjoy some lovely smells. Freshly mown grass, and popcorn!
    🌺 I’ve had a Tibouchina in a pot for years and it’s finally in bloom for the first time. Big purple flowers.
    🌿 Verano my garden is also currently a jungle. But my husband just bought himself a battery powered trimmer so he’s going to start tackling it, and when it’s less overwhelming I can get out there too.
    🌮 I just saw a low-carb recipe for nachos, I love nachos! I had to laugh at the 80g of corn chips divided between 4 people. I think that is just enough to awaken the desire for many many more. I think I’ll stick with my “taco salad” which is salad with spicy mince and salsa and cheese on top – all the filling with no shell – which I had as delicious dinner last night.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Natalie I can’t believe how much better my ‘jungle’ looks now that it’s been ‘tamed’ and the grass was cut today so that’s my first positive ….

🌳🪵🌴 Lovely green sanctuary with a beautiful red acer and one long forgotten acer that was hidden behind the undergrowth, which has now been moved and is coming into it’s fabulous ‘lime green’ glory. Now just need some warmth to sit outside and enjoy!
    🧺🪣🧺 Washing machine has ‘stalled’ but the positive news is that it looks like a blockage that should be able to be cleared without too much problem 🙏🏻
    🍗🥦🍽 Chicken with broccoli and cauliflower mash and roasted asparagus for dinner tonight.Sounds so healthy! Just need to practice portion control!

Loving these longer days (sorry yours are getting shorter in the Southern Hemisphere) they just make me feel brighter. I’m an early riser and love waking up as the sunrises around 6am.
    Very much feeling the urge to ‘grab life with both hands’ at the moment …. we seem to have missed so much…. it’s amazing what a little bit of sun does for the mind…. and let’s be honest ‘there’s no time like the present’!

Please log in or register to post a reply.