Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Another weekend almost upon us but that means we’re a bit closer to spring!
    I’ve had a quiet time today but was determined to post some positives ….
    🪴🎋🎍My amaryllis has been wonderful. Two flower stems each with three flowers but now down to four flowers that look like I feel …. a bit ‘droopy’. Nothing positive there but I’m going to attempt to keep the bulb until next year and get a second round next winter.
    ⚖️🥦📕 I’m planning! Today was a bit of a ‘random’ day but I realise that I do so much better when I plan, rather than eat and then log, so this week will be my ‘plan before you eat’ week. At least I have learnt something this week!
    🌶🥦🍅 I was reading about a different 5:2 today where the ‘2’ are meat free days. We do eat fish at least once a week but think we might try 6:1 to start with one meat/fish free day. Although, I have to admit I’m not sure about the wisdom of meat/fish free if it’s replaced with some vegetarian ‘ready made’ food. Need to give this more thought.
    Not sure I’ve posted anything positive … but I did post …. that’s positive!
    Have a lovely weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy weekend folks! I want to say Merry Christmas as so many people I know are having a belated by Covid Christmas..it’s actually Xmas Eve number 2 right now 😁
    *~ In honour of the belated Christmases,I’m drinking the Baileys I didn’t get round to opening at the first Christmas.
    *~ Got two nice pairs of slippers in Accessorize sale ..love Monsoon and Accessorize ( other stores available!)
    *~ Another sunny bright crisp day..they’re making January so much nicer!
    💝 Life is short …smile while you still have teeth! 💝

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi guys, long time no see! Sorry, life just seems to run away with me. But lovely to see some of my “old pals” still posting positives 👍 Well done all of you, and well done for still sticking with the programme 👍

I have one HUGE positive today, which I felt shouldn’t pass without some recognition……..

Five years ago today I started my journey on the blood sugar diet. I lost 50lbs in four months (with the help and encouragement of you all) and am very pleased to report that, 5 years on, I’m still 50lbs lighter, and a UK size 8, down from a 16👍So, having struggled with my weight for more years than I care to remember, I just wanted to encourage everyone that your weight loss IS sustainable. I’m not even strict anymore – though I have definitely lost my sweet tooth, and no longer miss the white stuff!!

Another positive, though not of quite the same magnitude, is that we had a lovely supper out with friends last evening at our yacht club, it was busy and things felt “normal”,(everyone had been asked to do LFTs beforehand)

And what’s not positive about the gorgeous weather we’ve been enjoying over the past few days, after weeks and weeks of rain and high winds (here at least)!! We’ve been enjoying long coastal walks, and even had lunch at a beach bar, sitting outside on the terrace, on Wednesday (moules frites – told you I’m not strict 😉)

Keep up the good work everyone, and I’ll try to pop I again soon.

PS Seems a tad late, but happy new year to you all. Let’s hope it’s a good one 🤞

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Hope the weekend had been a good one.
    Theo good to ‘see’ you and happy 5th Anniversay and of course Happy New Year! YES it WILL be a good one! We may have had our wings clipped lately but I’m sure this year will see us all travelling again.
    Strange to think an evening out with friends is ‘normal’ but hey an LFT is a small price to pay for ‘normal’. Good to hear you’re keeping your weight low. Must admit I’ve never really had a sweet tooth but I thought we’d have a ‘treat’ a few months ago and bought a couple of sweet potatoes. I took one spoonful and had to spit them out …. sweet … it was like eating a spoonful of sugar. I gave the uncooked ones away!.
    Well it’s been a quiet weekend for me. We now have Netflix so that’s been occupying me! I do have some positives though….
    ⚖️🌶🧄 Still weighing and logging so all is good on that front.
    📕🖋👓 My DD introduced me to ‘Wordle’. Beginners luck but I got my first one in three lines. So looks like I have another distraction from ironing!
    Sunny and Yowzer and everyone hope you’re all well …. it’s very quiet here!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

In my absence, it seems we’ve flipped on to a new page … 104, woohoo!!!!
    Good to see you again Theodora, glad things are going well.
    V, well done on sticking with the tracking… that’s something I need to get serious about from tomorrow, now that my birthday is done for this year.

Recent positives for me …..
    🎁 lovely birthday, including plenty of family time, some lovely pressies and a glass or several of champagne 🍾
    🫂 good four day visit with my parents and they have agreed to come and visit us in Turkey in May … got the flights booked while we were with them.
    🧥 decided to buy a suede jacket which had been reduced to £85, when I took it to the till it scanned at £42!!! Great bargain – especially given it started out at £195!
    🚗 Good journey home today, with very little traffic to hinder progress.
    📝 got the paperwork to apply for my state pension … that’ll be in the post tomorrow!

That will do for now I think. Hope you weekend has been a good one, bringing lots of positives you way too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all and THEODORA great to see you. You’ve done so well in losing AND keeping off! I lost loads but put half back on over three years or so,now trying to get it off again. We live and learn and you’re a great role model!
    VERANO enjoy Netflix! I’m no Royalist but I v much enjoyed The Crown.
    My positives!
    *~ I ve been very lucky! Two Christmas weekends and a five day break..all in the space of 3 weeks. So grateful!
    * ~ The above enjoyments have no doubt added some pounds,but that’s ok..it’s well and truly over now,normal life is resuming,and no matter what the scales say tomorrow,I’m going to smash it,crash it,take the joint and trash it in 2022! 😃And THIS time I’ll make sure I don’t regain more than 2-3 lb ..that’s a lot easier to re lose than 2-3 stone!
    *~ Finishes a really absorbing mystery story today,and also watched last part of Get Back..I’ve put off watching it because I didn’t want it to end. Living the life of Reilly,nice food and drink,a good book and a great film,what a fab day! And still got Call the Midwife to come😁
    Have a fabulous week everyone! For those of us awaiting it,the days are deffo getting longer! X
    🌷🌷With the power of soul,anything is possible 🌷🌷 ( Jimi Hendrix ) XX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY! Just seen yr post..it sounds like you’ve had a fab birthday 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 many happy returns of the day!XX
    Oh the coat sounds like a fantastic bargain! Well done!👏👏 nothing better than getting a bargain!
    And yep there’s something to be said for getting older..you become eligible for a state pension,after all those years you paid towards it! XX
    PS I’m coming round to yours to give you the bumps!

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny so sorry to have missed your special day but 🎶🎉HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎶🎉🎶 The jacket sounds like a wonderful buy.
    Yowzer glad you’re back on track …… sounds like the festivities were great! I remember Woolies pick& mix!! BTW won’t watch the Crown on principal!
    But I do have positives….
    ⛱✈️⛱ We’ve managed to change our spring holiday to autumn. I just don’t fancy having to wear masks indoors and out. Hopefully by September that won’t be an issue 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    🌶🧄🥦 Stir fry with, left over chicken tonight so not too much cooking … great!
    That’s it for me today. Hope you’ve all had more positives than me. This is one time when if you have more than others it isn’t bragging!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all and VERANO! I totally get why you won’t watch The Crown! Have you tried After Life,I enjoyed it.
    Where are you off to in the autumn! I might jump into your suitcase! I agree re masks,there’s so unpleasant to wear and I feel very disorientated wearing one..I know it’s not a blindfold but I feel like I can’t quite see where I’m going! But will continue to wear until the Happy Day when no longer necessary.
    Positives for this Monday…🌸🌻🌸🌻🌸🌻🌸…..
    *~ Stayed home today and had a peaceful time,meditated,did some decluttering,emailed. Always grateful for having so much free time..a lot to be said for being a pensioner!
    *~ Looking forward to going out tomorrow afternoon,probably only to the park and to one of our favourite watering holes!
    *~ Neighbour whose elderly dog sadly died before Xmas now has a lovely little rescue dog,little curly woolly chap! So nice to see him get another chance in a happy home 💝
    XXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks V, was a good birthday and I was delighted to get the jacket. Having a holiday to look forward to is a great mood booster.
    Enjoy your trip out tomorrow, Yowser.
    It’s been a quiet day for me, but I’m sure it must be possible to find some positives, so here goes ….
    🥳 have made arrangements to Skype with a friend on Thursday. Really excited as we haven’t done this for some months, so very much looking forward to a good catch up.
    📝 made a good start at drafting February’s village newsletter.
    🙏 another great meditation 🧘‍♀️ session this afternoon.
    All simple little things, but they have helped to make the day more pleasant. Hope your day has been a good one and full of positives.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon.
    Well it’s 4.40pm and not quite dark yet so the days definitely are lengthening. In fact less than 10 weeks before the clocks spring forward again….that’s a positive in itself!
    Apart from the longer days I do have some positives ….
    🧺🧺 My overflowing ironing basket it now half empty … the only time half empty is better than half full!
    🥦🌶🐟 Treat for me tonight … sea bream. In Spain we eat lots of Dorada, sea bream,
    and I’ve not had any for ages so I’m really looking forward to this fish tonight. I’ll cook it with lemongrass, chilli and coriander…. Mmmm.
    Hope you all had a good Tuesday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Snap V! We had fish🐟 this evening too …. OH sea bass and me skate, both with capers, pinenuts and lemon butter. And no, I haven’t counted cals and carbs 🤭 … still not into that mind set yet.

Positives from my little corner of the UK …..
    👍 OH passed his annual electrical registration assessment today.
    🛍 Good grocery shopping session, topping up on store cupboard and freezer stuff. First full shop since before Christmas.
    🍲🥂 have planned a date night dinner for Friday … time to get back in the habit.

Was sorting through some stuff earlier and came across this quote I’d jotted down awhile back ….. “whatever you do today, do it with the confidence of a four year old in a Batman costume”
    It made me smile …. hope it made you smile too.

• posted by Verano
    on

LOL Sunny! I’ve got my Batman costume on as we speak!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY that made me smile so much!
    Brought back a memory of my nephew,now in his fifties,back then aged 4,and me a teenager. He would come into my bedroom and ask me,have you seen Batman anywhere? And I wd say no,I haven’t seen him today.
    Little nevvy would disappear,and I wd hear him out on the landing,breathing heavily as he rushed into his Batman outfit,then he wd swagger back into the bedroom,very pleased with himself! I wd sayOh Batman! We were wondering where you were! 😂😂😂 xx I can still picture him in that costume,all these years later!!😁😁xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So glad the batman thing raised a few smiles and chuckles. Have had a pretty good day, so finding positives should be relatively easy….
    🍽 DD came for lunch and we had a good catch up, discussing recent job interviews she’s been on and her ongoing wedding plans.
    🌥 the sun put in a brief appearance, which made a pleasant change to recent weather here.
    🤗 OH finished his working day earlier than predicted.
    ⛴ our Italian/Greek ferry crossing for our next trip to Turkey is now rebooked…. 🤞 we will be able to make the drive out this time.

What were the positives in your Wednesday? Do tell.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quicky,in throes of decluttering! lots for charity shop,some for recycling,some stuff straight into the bin!
    SUNNY Your day sounds v good 👏👏👏👏!!
    My day…
    * ~ Ziggy the cat made me laugh…I was at DDs and he suddenly flew in through his cat flap,all his fur floofed up and his tail enormous..goodness knows what cat drama was going on outside..he raced through the lounge,skidded into the kitchen,and then came to a screeching halt by his empty food bowl! I wd love to know what goes on in his little world,I want to get one of those trackers to put on his collar.
    *~ My sister came home from hospital after a stay of many weeks 🥳🥳🥳
    *~ I really wanted some sort of project or new thing for 2022 and have started a 12 month online positive thinking/ spirituality/ following yr dreams type course…uplifting so far,only a few days in as yet.💕
    Have a nice evening/ nice Thursday morning everyone!
    💝💝💝“ Never regret anything that made you smile” 💝💝💝

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Helloooooo everyone! X
    Thursday night reflections on the day!
    *~ Bright crisp day again..this weather really helps me get thru Jan in a sunny frame of mind!
    *~ Went out at dusk,which is arriving later and later!
    *~ The sky was dusky purple with lilac streaks..absolutely gorgeous! and the birds were singing sleepily.
    🌟🌟🌟Happy Friday to those already there…for the rest of us,have a lovely evening and sleep sweet xxxx🌟🌟🌟

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, I need you here to declutter for me! OH and I are dreadful clutter people and need to be more disciplined about not keeping stuff tir the sake of it. Glad your sister is finally home again, hope she continues to recover well.

Feel like there has been so much going on, I haven’t even seen what the weather was like today!
    📝 after hours in front if the pc, the village news letter is now complete. OH has proof read for me and now just need to correct a few typos, so it can go off for printing.
    👩‍💻 lovely Skype session with a friend ‘across the pond’ this afternoon. We haven’t spoken in months, so was great to catch-up again.
    🔪 did as much prep as I could, ready for tomorrow’s date night dinner …. Will make things easier tomorrow.

Did your day bring you some positives? We’d love to read about them.

• posted by Greenbean
    on

Jumping straight into the positives –
    -caught up with a friend I hadn’t seen for 6 months and put the world to rights, well we tried
    – Wood burning stove being fitted next week, instead of the expected wait until April so we will be warm! The cat is going to be beside himself
    – beautiful skies, pink and violets in the evening and the moon still clear and bright in the mornings.
    – First pink buds on the ornamental cherry signal to me every year that spring isn’t here but is very near…

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello and welcome Greenbean.
    Hi to everyone.
    I was reading, yet again, today that one of the best ways to improve mood is to keep a journal recording three positives each day and why they’re ‘positive’.
    Sorry I’ve not been around lately but we’ve just had a weekend away for the first time since September. So to my positives …..
    🚘🏡🛏 Spent two lovely nights in a lovely Country House Hotel in West Yorkshire. Positive because the room was beautiful and I didn’t have to make the bed and we sampled ‘normality’ again!
    🫒🍤 🍸Wonderful food in a lovely 2 rosette restaurant. Positive because the food was great and no cooking for me!
    🍳🧀🥦 Still on the theme of food … sorry … had ‘treats’ of martini, wine and cheese and crackers which were lovely. Positive I didn’t eat ‘everything’ because I’d had one item ‘off plan’.
    I think we have cracked this WOL when we can eat /drink somethings we wouldn’t normally eat but not use that as an ‘excuse’ to abandon this way of eating even temporarily on the pretext we can start again tomorrow. Reminds me of the car running red lights ……

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, your time away sounds idyllic. Glad you had a wonderful time.
    Greenbean, wonderful to have you posting positives. Great to catch up with special friends.

My positives right now are …..
    🍲 had a lovely date night on Friday …. enjoyed planning the meal and presenting OH with something a little bit special. Plenty of dancing in the living room. All of this is a positive, because it was a great reconnect with OH after a busy week.
    🧺 reduced the ironing in the laundry basket today. This is a positive, because it’s one thing partially ticked off the To Do list. Might not get around to doing the rest for awhile, but at least OH has a bigger choice of shirts now!
    🙂 made arrangements to visit with eldest daughter first weekend of Feb. It’s always a positive to catch up with family.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and wishing you all a good week ahead.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi positive peeps! Lovely to read so many nice things going on and getting us through January!
    VERANO I’m glad you and OH had a nice break! After my own post Xmas break away, I’m of the opinion that it’s an ideal time to do so,and I hope to make it a yearly tradition. X
    SUNNY I’m glad the Date Nights are continuing into 2022! X
    GREENBEAN good to see you here X!
    My pozzys…
    *~ Nice avvo out yday…cold and dull but was very cheery and bustly in the park
    *~ Went to one of our favourite eating places,waited til after the lunch time rush. So nice to see the place again after a two year absence,to see the staff and sample some of their food and bring some home
    *~ Decluttering like crazy! I’m doing a Feng Shui ritual where you have to throw away/ give away 27 items a day for 9 consecutive days. No idea why 27/9 ..I’ve only got two days left to go. It’s easier than I thought..as a regular declutterer I wondered if I could manage it,but yes ,I can,and it’s making me feel good to give away stuff that I no longer really want or need ( but was keeping ‘ just in case’) and throwing away things that are no longer useful,chipped, etc. You can delete old emails and photos on yr device,cancel apps you don’t use,end subscriptions you re paying for that you don’t much make use of. It all adds up!The idea is it makes space for newer fresher things to come into yr life.
    🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, I’m really liking the 27/9 decluttering idea and I’m certain I could find 27 items a day to move on, so think I’ll give it a go …. decluttering is certainly needed here!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Nothing to lose but your unwanted things SUNNY! I’m loving it! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well here we are,another new week begins! And the last full week of January! We edge ever closer to springtime!
    *~ my 27/9 mission completed for today. 27 items either thrown out or in charity shop bag.
    *~ While searching for things to declutter,I opened a drawer I haven’t looked in for ages. Found three beautiful presents from Christmas 2020 …they’re now out and in immediate use ( some Neals Yard toiletries,an Orla Kelly diffuser set,and a lovely eye mask,journal and pen,all decorated with moon and stars) Very grateful for them.
    *~ My online course is proving to be challenging, inspirational and motivational. Today it reminds us to always be grateful for what we receive and never forget to say thank you 🙏 which of course is what this thread is all about! X X
    🌸🌸🌸🌸“ Give thanks for unknown blessing already on their way “ 🌸🌸🌸🌸( Native American saying)

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer I just had to look up the Feng Shui ritual and found this answer to a question …..
    CAN YOU EXPLAIN/DESCRIBE THE REMOVE/MOVE 27 ITEMS IN YOUR HOME METHOD? I HAVE READ DIFFERENT IDEAS LIKE DISCARD 9 ITEMS A DAY FOR 27 DAYS, 27 ITEMS FOR 27 DAYS ETC. I AM CLUTTERED AND NEED TO CLEAN! I WAS HOPING FOR YOUR INSIGHT.
    The adjustment to remove or move a particular number of items for a specific number of days comes from the idea that by moving or removing items, you can stir up the qi or energy in your home. If there is no movement, the energy of your space as well as your inner and outer lives may be stagnant and/or stuck. Since you mentioned you have clutter that needs improving, this does sound like a good adjustment for you.
    As for the numbers, BTB feng shui philosophy places much luck and auspiciousness to the number 9, and multiples of 9 such as 18 or 27…….The numbers are not arbitrary and I usually prescribe the numbers based on the particular client. You can’t go wrong if you discard 27 for 27 days, or discard 9 for 9 days, or even 9 for 81 days. My teachers have taught me that the more challenging the effort, the greater the results while finding balance in what is actually the effort level that you’re ready to exert.
    Just about to cook but will write again later.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ahh brill! I knew about the making space for new things to come in,but didn’t know about the significance of 9 and 27! Thanks for that,it explains a lot. Interesting too to know that 9 for 9,27for 27 works too!
    I wd really like to go on beyond my last day tomorrow as it’s felt so good to do it, but I’m a regular declutterer anyway,so there’s nothing really left to go after tomorrow. Just a few big items left for a “Bulky Bob” pickup.
    I wish I enjoyed dieting as much as I do decluttering! X

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi,
    Dinner done, lovely stir-fry.
    So to today …
    🧀🍳🥕Felt so hungry today after lunch so went looking for ‘food’! Found three asparagus spears left from last night …. saved me from myself!
    🌈📖💈Had a lovely ‘hazy lazy’ day. Feeling very relaxed.
    🌶🥦🐓 Very healthy chicken stir fry for dinner tonight …. feeling really virtuous!
    So more reading today and I want to add to Yowzer’s ‘decluttering’ idea …. each day add something you are looking forward to tomorrow….. for me a visit to a large Chinese supermarket to stock up on ginger, rice wine and sesame oil, …. sure I’ll find more stuff when we get there!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi guys.
    Interesting read about the feng shui numbers, V.
    Yowzer, I’m a big fan of decluttering too👍 So satisfying. And I never seem to run out of things to get rid of, as O/H is an inveterate hoarder!!! He rarely goes out without coming home having “found something which may come in useful” at some unspecified time in the future, be it a sliver of wood, a bit of string, elastic bands dropped by the postman, or whatever junk happens to catch his eye!! He still has every credit card receipt and bank statement he’s ever had, all filed away!!
    I have to say it does cause….err, let’s say,…..the odd difference of opinion! And also means I have to declutter surreptitiously 🙄 If I were to leave a charity donation bag in the house or garage, everything in it would have been repatriated by the time I got around to taking it to a charity shop!! Hey ho!!

Positives to report….
    1. Yesterday my mother (97) came for Sunday roast with the family and she really tucked in! Sooo good to see, as she’s become a very picky eater.
    2. My lovely 16 and a half rescue dog (had her nearly 3 years now, which in itself is a positive) enjoyed TWO decent walks today – about 40 minutes (circa 2 miles) each – when these days her 2nd one often tends to be not much more than a “comfort break”. But she’s been very sprightly today 😁 So lovely to see in my golden oldie 👍
    3. Daffodils bursting into bloom in my garden – even cut a big bunch for the house. Spring is on it’s way👍👍👍
    4. Eventually got to see my gorgeous 17 year old granddaughter yesterday, first time since early December as she was very, very poorly with Covid (tested positive the day after her booster 🙄) over Christmas and beyond. Still very tired, with aches and pains, but not infectious and back at school. Such a relief. Love her to bits.
    So much to be thankful for.

Sorry V – our posts crossed! But, good idea and my “looking forward to tomorrow” thing is a much needed hair cut!👍

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, thank you for the info on the numbers associated with feng shui and I’m quite liking the idea of flagging something we are looking forward to, as well as posting our positives.
    Yowser, you have definitely inspired me to take on the 27/9 challenge …. have made a start, more on that later.
    Theodora, really pleased you have been able to spend time with family …. hope your granddaughter will soon be fully recovered.

Right, so let’s see what positives I can identify for today …..
    ♻️ really enjoyed starting the 27/9 feng shui challenge Yowser mentioned yesterday. Proved easy to find today’s 27 item to move on and consisted of disposing of a stack of glass jars and plastic take away food containers all ready for recycling. Probably still have too many, but the positive is it feels like I’ve made a good start.
    🚐 youngest daughter has arranged a minibus airport transfer for all of us for her wedding trip … one less thing that needs to be organised so that’s a plus.
    🐟 made a yummy haddock in light cream sauce, with pernod, pinenuts and fennel for dinner. Positive here is that it was tasty, within cal/carb limits and quick to make.
    🍷offered eldest daughter some glasses my mum gave me as she was having a clear out and I don’t have a home for them. DD has accepted half if them, so a positive that they won’t be sitting in boxes in my house fir yonks!

Looking forward to taking the balance of mum’s old glasses to a charity shop tomorrow. Will try not to come home with other stuff!!!
    What have your positives been today?

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon.
    Theo my OH is exactly the same! Last week we disposed of a shower hose inlet that fractured, maybe three years ago …. and he’s keeping this useless piece of tubing for what??? Mind you he is getting better because if I say I’m going to throw something in the bin he always says, no, he’ll take it to the charity shop … a step in the right direction.
    Sunny how lovely to have something as wonderful as your daughter’s wedding to look forward to …. we all need something to look forward to.
    Yowzer fancy finding presents you didn’t know you had, that must really have been a nice surprise. I have to say I’m finding the 100 day challenge difficult to keep up with, so many people, so many stories, I’m just confused so will probably get off the bus at the next stop!
    Today has been a bit mixed. We didn’t get to the Chinese supermarket because we were waiting for various deliveries. Still waiting for Virgin to pick up some equipment but I don’t think they’ll come today. Told OH he should just leave it on the doorstep tomorrow, photograph it and send the photo to Virgin saying “we’ve left it on the step, here’s the proof!”
    Anyway I do have some positives ….
    🌷🌼🌹 Unlike Theo, my daffodils are just poking little green shoots through the soil but, my positive is, my neighbours winter cherry is in full bloom …. spring is on it’s way!
    🌶🧄🐟 Roasted sea bream with coriander, garlic and chilli tonight. I’m trying to make sure we eat fish at least three times a week. Fortunately, OH likes fish too.
    We love olives especially Fragata but I’ve discovered they have msg in them! Why? So just finishing the last can and won’t be buying them again. Why do olives need a flavour enhancer?
    😎😋😍 Feeling quite relaxed despite a less than sparkling weight loss week. (Tuesday is my official weigh-in day). So …. giving Yowzer’s Feng Shui ideas a thought I think I might try 990 for 9 ….. 9 days at 990 calories. Makes me feel positive when I have a plan!
    Tomorrow …… looking forward to Chinese supermarket shopping, and maybe an Asian meal tomorrow night.
    Have a good evening.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

My 3 positives today
    I met someone who has moved to the village and feeling isolated and lonely, and I took her along with me on my daily walk, we have arranged to do it again on Monday.
    My weight is back to my pre Christmas weight.
    We have booked to go visit family in England in March.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you get to the Chinese supermarket tomorrow, V and that all your deliveries arrived safely.
    Elle, how lovely to be making a new friend and to have a get together to look forward too.

An odd day today, but can probably still find some positives….
    🙂 had thought it might be harder today, to find 27 things to shift in some way, but it was actually quite easy …. plus here, is that more clutter has been cleared (although you wouldn’t know it to look at the house!).
    📝 date night menu has been planned and shopped for… it will be a day late this week, as we have a dinner to go to on Friday. Positive … whilst looking for the menu cards I write up for our date night dinners, I found some things for my nine day 27 item declutter.
    📞 after a week of procrastination I got around to making a doc’s appointment and requesting paperwork to drawdown some cash from a pension. My positive here is that two things that were very much pending are now in hand.
    📂 found the folder we made up two years ago, in prep for our drive out to Turkey, which was cancelled of course. Will make it easier to plan this year’s trip using that as a template for our upcoming trip.

Now…. finding something I’m looking forward to tomorrow is going to be tougher🤔 …… okay, well I’m definitely looking forward to dealing with the next 27 items on my declutter (thanks so much Yowser, for the inspiration). Other than that, nothing much happening tomorrow, so will just have to wait and see what the day brings.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Still haven’t made the trip to the Chinese supermarket but tomorrow is another day!
    Sunny glad you’ve made that appointment we really shouldn’t neglect ourselves. Pleased you found your ‘trip’ folder it will make life so much easier for your spring trip.
    Elle I saw your potato/chickpea recipe on another thread and it sounds interesting. I steam cauliflower and celeriac and when they are blitzed together you get a far more robust mash and you can’t really taste the ‘celery’.
    Well my sea bream was really lovely last night but guess who got the bones …. I got one, OH got a dozen! Think I’ll just have to have it by myself next time.
    A bit of a nondescript day today but ….. there’s always a positive ….
    🐓🌶🧄 Kung-pao chicken tonight with last nights left over cabbage, asparagus (I’m addicted!) and cauliflower. OH is having rice!
    🙋🏻‍♂️🍰🎉 Youngest grandson is having a birthday tomorrow …. where do the years go?
    It was also my mum’s birthday so very slightly bitter sweet but, almost a teenager, it’s wonderful to see him growing into a wonderful young man!
    🖥◼️ Watched some depressing tv today which isn’t really a positive but at least a very rich and ‘powerful’ person ( because of his wealth) is no longer with us. The positive is that ‘justice’ usually wins out …. well hopefully.
    So I’m off to cook but my ‘looking forward to for tomorrow’ is, well maybe, at last a trip to the supermarket, but if not, definitely emptying my washing basket!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks ,will return to catch up on yr pozzys..just calling in today ( nothing much has happened but very grateful I woke up this morning and I could breathe,see, walk etc etc ..all the everyday but wonderful things we receive ..so thankful! )
    just want to leave a quote that took my eye
    Surrender to what is
    Let go of what was
    Have faith in what will be
    ( Sonia Ricotti)
    💕💕💕💕Love to all! 💕💕💕💕

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Happy birthday to Verano’s grandson …. hope it’s the start of a great year for him.
    You are right Yowser, we need to remember to be grateful for the basics of life …. think I’d add, warm shelter and not needing to worry about if I can afford to eat.

Positives from me today ….. like you V, my day has not been remarkable, but there must be some…..
    ☯️ still enjoying the feng shui challenge …. today’s 27 came out of the bedroom. Positive here, is that the walk-in wardrobe got a much needed tidy.
    ☀️ actually saw the sun for awhile today …. feels like a long time since we saw it last, so something of a bonus.
    Think that will have to do for positives, but I’m looking forward to a trip to a charity shop tomorrow, to donate items bagged up today … Will be good to actually get the things put of the house.

Remember, we’d live to read about your positives, so do take a moment to post them.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

I am just so very grateful this very moment, to have a roof over my head, food to eat, clean clothes to wear, a warm bed to sleep in, drinkable running water, electricity… We take so much for granted, when there is so much to be grateful for.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY!VERANO!THEODORA!ELLEMAE! and all xx
    it’s a sunny and bright day again! ( positive number 1) and had a good chat with neighbour home from hosp after 4 week stay ( number 2)
    *~ number 3 is sthing new…Something I read today which I LOVE the idea of doing for a change..instead of a to do list,make a ‘ ta-da’ list,celebrating what you’ve got done rather than whats still to do!
    Happy birthday Vs grandson! X Did you make it to the Chinese supermarket ( is it the one top of Bold street?)
    SUNNY did you get to the charity shop?
    THEODORA and SUNNY ..my 27/9 task is done and Im looking for sthing similar based on 9 s to do again! It was v satisfying to complete the 27/9 challenge! I miss it! X

• posted by Theodora
    on

A bright sunny day?! Lucky you, Yowzer, that surely is a positive 👍 It’s very wet, cold and miserable here🥲
    V – happy birthday to your grandson, and hope you eventually make it to the Chinese supermarket.
    Elle-Mae – great post, we so often take the ordinary things in life for granted.
    Sunny, hope you make it to the charity shop. It’s great to declutter, but even better when it’s completely out of the house, and good to know that our junk is often someone else’s treasure (as long as it’s not my O/H’s 😉🙄😏)

My positives……
    1. New, rather slinky, LBD which I ordered online from my fave shop yesterday with 60% off, arrived today and is a perfect fit. Goodness knows when I’m going to wear it, but seemed like too good a bargain to miss👍
    2. Been wanting to have our bathrooms renovated for years, but now it’s actually happening! Just had confirmation that the bathroom guys are starting next Monday!👍 Not looking forward to the mess of ripping them out, but excited to see them finished. Got to be patient though as apparently it’s going to take approx 6 weeks.
    3. Just spoken to the nurse who visits my 97 year old mother twice a week to treat and dress an overgranulating wound on her leg and, at long last, after several months treatment, it’s responding and starting to heal properly 👍
    4. Spent most of yesterday travelling, so had an unexpected fasting day, resulting in 2lbs loss on the scales this morning 👍 Didn’t need to lose any (always do water only fast on a Monday, which keeps my weight in check) so can have a few treats this weekend 👍

No.4 is a positive and a something to look forward to all rolled into one👍👍👍

Hope you all have a really good day 💗

PS Yowzer, as far as 27/9 is concerned, does deleting unused apps from my phone count?🤞

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

THEODORA, yes! Unwanted apps,and anything you might be happy to delete..photos,messages etc,it all counts xx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks, Yowzer.

In that case, I could probably do 27/99 👍

Just had another positive. A neighbour has just dropped her spare key off with us, telling us to feel free to pop in and out of her house at will to use the bathrooms for showers etc if necessary while mine are out of commission. Aren’t people lovely!👍😁👍

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Thank you all, on behalf of my grandson, for all your happy birthday wishes.
    Sunny did you make that appointment? If you haven’t you must!
    Yowzer I love the part of your quote “Let go of what was” . How many times do we replay old ‘grievances’ in our minds, why? Let’s make 2022 the year when we all ‘let go’. for good! Have to say a ‘ta-da’ list is a brilliant idea … far more positive than that other sort of list!
    Theo, new LBD and new bathrooms … what more can a girl want! Enjoy the ‘work’!
    OK, I didn’t get to the Chinese supermarket , yet again, but that was because of my first positive …..
    🛠🚿🪛 Leaking shower hose finally fixed after months and months waiting for our usual plumber we found someone new. Plumber didn’t come till midday.
    👗🩴🛏 New nightwear and sandals, which I use as indoor slippers, arrived today and only one item needs to be returned.
    🚀🛥⛱ Spring holiday that I thought was cancelled has been confirmed as still going ahead. So something to look forward to 🙏🏻
    BTW Yowzer we usually go to the one under the Tai Pan on the dock road but OH likes Chung Wah bottom off Upper Parliament St, L1 5JN.
    I hadn’t realised but if we can include emails etc. I’ve been doing 27 a day without even realising. Tomorrow I’ll start my 27/9 proper. The post I made about Feng Shui also suggests that you should leave three days after finishing one set before starting the next … don’t know why!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO so pleased about yr Hol going ahead 👏👏👏👏👏 how long til you go?🥳 it can’t be very long! You must be excited after the long wait. I’m glad you like the TaDa! list,I LOVE it! Oh I like that big Ch supermarket under the Tai Pan! Havent been in Chung Wah for years. TBH I probably delete 27 assorted emails/ texts etc per day too, but I don’t get quite the same sense of satisfaction as from chucking/ giving away/ recycling stuff round the home. They say ‘ nature abhors a vacuum’ so when you make space,fresh new things come in to fill it..and what better time of year than now..shaking off the heaviness of winter as we move towards the lighter days! 💜 Ooh! you can start again just 3 days after completing 27 items over 9 days? I’m really looking forward to starting again but didn’t realise could do it that soon! 🥳 Would have liked to start again today ( 27th!) but I only finished on the 25 th. By the way! One thing I think I forgot to mention..it must be nine consecutive days..if you miss a day you’re supposed to start again at day one xx
    *~ Another positive for me today..for first time in ages,SIL and DD are both at work this evening,so I’m going over to feed Killer Klaws the pussycat ..I’ve just bought him a new game so I’ll take it over,hope he likes it😼
    THEO!Looks like things are moving for you already ..new bathroom on its way! And it’s lovely to have good neighbours! And LBDs!xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sorry folks,also meant to say ..At the end of every 27/9 day,give thanks to the items you’ve let go,and welcome in love and abundance to the space you’ve created x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Loving all the extra info on the feng shui 27/9 declutter challenge. I’ll complete my 9 consecutive days middle of next week, then we’re away over the weekend, so I’ll be able to start a new round at the beginning of the following week. Excellent 👍!

Funnily enough, I was only thinking today that I don’t currently have a LBD, Theodora… think I need to get on that. I’m sure you’ll find an opportunity to wear yours. Hope your refurb work won’t be too hard the bare … the disruption will be worth it … and how lovely neighbours have offered you facilities whilst yours are off limits.
    V, you’re so right about the futility and negativity of rehashing old issues and hurts…. so much healthier to let it go, though not always easy of course. And yes, appointment has been made👍.

Positives from my corner today ….
    🐶 made it to a charity shop for a local animal sanctuary to donate. Must have chosen the right charity shop out of the half dozen in town, as there was a parking space right opposite! Main positive though, is that the items weeded out for donation, are actually now out of the house.
    💪have started undertaking daily exercise sessions … mainly toning. Not long sessions, but the plus is it’s more than I was doing before.
    👗 tried on my dress for DD wedding … Still fits, just! Knowing it’s on the snug side has spurred me to greater effort in to tone up and lose the extra lbs hanging around from last year.
    The positive thing I’m looking forward to for tomorrow, is starting on the food prep for our Saturday date night dinner …. confit pork neck with celeriac coleslaw, followed by a tahini creme brulee (no sugar topping on mine), no advance prep needed for the starter of prawns with feta and fennel.

Was there a positive for you today? If so, we’d love to read about it.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Ooh Sunny I would like to know how to make your tahini brulee.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello ladies ( and gents of course, if we have any)
    My happy things for today…
    *~ As a result of decluttering I’m sporting really nice earrings and bracelets today that have long languished forgotten in a box!
    *~ Really enjoyed being out this afternoon..we watched the world go by from cafe window while drinking tea and talking to two young mums who both had pandemic babies..both now just turned one,both girls,but so different..one was very chilled and the other one was a bundle of energy and excitement!
    *~ Restarting 27/9 tomorrow,can’t wait. Also,going to set some intentions for the year. Plus,was thinking of the magic of number nine..remember yr 9 times table!?
    Each time you go thru it ..nine ones are 9….then two nines are 18 ( 8+1=9)..
    three nines are 27 (7+2=9) and so on,all the way through.
    9 is indeed a magical number!
    Have a groovy weekend! SUNNY enjoy yr meal out tonight and Satday date night xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi All!
    Hope you’re having a good day/ night.
    My Sunday positives…
    *~ Popped over to the local cat rescue with a new cat bed our cat turned his nose up at after one try ( “ I prefer the beds,sofas,and any empty boxes thanks “😼) plus an interactive toy he examined with great curiosity at first until one of the woolly mice in the toy booped him on the snout and offended his dignity! 😀So now he studiously ignores it.
    Hopefully the cat sanctuary residents will enjoy both. Lovely to see sanctuary owner and her cats and dogs. So grateful for the good work she does 💜
    *~ Started 27/9 again yesterday. It led to me completely re arranging lounge. It’s amazing how many dust bunnies appear when you move furniture!😀
    Here’s a link if anyone wants to read more about 27/9…
    https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Shift-the-Chi-in-27-Steps–from-the-International-Feng-Shui-Guild.html?soid=1011320315031&aid=6Lh9TiOX0FY
    *~ Enjoyed an hour with DD last night,catching up on news with a glass ( vat) of vino while her hubby was in the study marking essays ( with a bag of sweets to keep him going!😀)
    Bye for now,love to all..it’s nearly Feb,folks! Woooooohoooooo! 🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳🎶🥳

• posted by Natalie
    on

Good evening from Sydney, Australia! I’ve been reading this lovely thread for a week or so but didn’t want to post until I was actually back on the diet (was here years ago, many familiar names still here!)
    My positives are:
    My lovely daughter turned 18 yesterday! I can hardly believe my baby is all grown up. She got into the uni course she wanted (occupational therapy) and it will be 2 days on campus the rest online due to COVID. We were worried that it would be all online and she would miss out on the uni experience, making friends, learning face to face etc, so this is a good compromise. She will still live at home, which is the norm in Australia. She needs to buy a car and finish her 120 hour L plate experience so she can drive herself instead of tedious not-very-direct public transport.
    My extended family has come down with COVID – that is obviously not a positive BUT we’ve already had it straight after Christmas so we’re available to do shopping runs etc for them. Today we collected and dropped off RA tests at two houses.
    The weather here is lovely and we had a swim in our pool this afternoon, the water was nearly 30 degrees even without turning the heater on.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Oo I just got an additional positive for the day. I gave my husband a new lawn mower for Christmas, a light one with a rechargeable battery to replace the heavy old petrol one, because we are on a sloping block and he needed help lifting the other one up the stairs between the front and back yards. I was worried it wasn’t a very exciting present and he hadn’t used it yet after a whole month, it was still in the box. But he finally used it today and he said it was great! So much lighter and quieter. It made me very happy to see him carrying it around with one hand!

Please log in or register to post a reply.