Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Julia …. thank you for your post … truly uplifting. You have taken something often thought of as ‘dark and miserable’ and turned it into something light, bright and forward looking … definitely turning a negative into a positive!
    “…the seed of the return of the sun…”
    Happy Holidays to you too!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

I agree – lovely post Californiagirl – I’ll be reflecting on it today and tonight

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ahh Julia thank you,that’s so lovely!xx
    Happy Solstice everyone …plant those seeds of intention. 💕💕💕
    For all in Southern Hemisphere I read this..
    “If you are in the southern hemisphere, you are experiencing this longest day of the year which is a time to harvest your dream seeds you planted last winter solstice!” X

• posted by Verano
    on

Just noticed we’ve flipped a page so now on 103!
    Lovely positive start to add to our shortest but joyful day.
    Yowzer … knight in shining armour… well done you! Glad you got to see some squirrels.
    Sunny it’s always good to put bad vibes behind us and renew friendships …. true friendships never die.
    So to my positives …..
    1.💉🩺💉 DD had negative PCR🎉🎉
    2. 🥣🥦🥣 Soup maker may have been returned but this ‘soup maker’ was in action today with two large pans of soup on the hob.
    3. 🎄🐓Christmas lunch arrived today. We are only two so looks like turkey curry is already on the cards!
    Hope there are more positives to follow mine today but if not please work twice as hard tomorrow to find a couple.

• posted by Verano
    on

ORCHIDS
    Sunny …. and any other successful orchid growers ….help please .
    I have three two stemmed orchids which have finished flowering but I never seem to be able to get them to flower a second time. Two have old flower stems that have turned brown (?dead) and the other still has green stems.
    Do I cut the stems down?
    If so to where?
    How low?
    How about watering during this phase?
    Feeding.? I’m guessing not?
    All help gratefully received.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, so pleased your DD is covid free. Re: true friendship, you are so right.
    Regarding the orchids, as you probably deduce, the brown stems are completely dead, so just cut these off as completely as possible. The green flower stems, trim down to approx 20cm from their base, but around 1cm above a node. Allow the plants to rest for a few weeks, keep watering as necessary though. After a rest period, start to feed again and fingers crossed, new spikes will develop from the top node. Hope that helps.

Soooo, positives from me ….
    ⏰ up at stupid o’clock this morning 🥱… upside is I’ve crammed plenty into the day and have ticked lots of things off the to do list. Have made stuffing and cranberry sauce for instance.
    🎁 all christmas pressies wrapped and just need to add some cash to a few to finish them off.
    🛍 only need a very few items from the supermarket tomorrow, to have everything needed on the food front … except the turkey which we’ll collect on Friday.
    😌 taking time out this evening to relax and reflect as the winter solstice heralds in longer days snd lighter evenings.

Keep posting those positives folks, there are many who enjoy reading them and it is really helpful to take a little time to recognise those little blessings in your day.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Thanks for the information Sunny I’ll sort them out tomorrow.
    Strange sort of day for me today but do have some positives …
    1.🥣🥦🥣When I was labelling my soup for the freezer I realised it was 21/12/21 … all the ones and twos. Could be significant but I don’t know how. Maybe somebody else does??
    2. 🌶🐓🍲Being really good tonight as I’m using the chicken breasts from the soup I made yesterday to make curry tonight. Strangely enough it’s a recipe I found a couple of years ago for left over turkey curry, which I’m sure many of us will need next week!
    3.🎉🛍🎁Presents all wrapped and ready to be delivered tomorrow. I’m the same as Sunny now just need to send some money gifts.
    I find it so sad that we’ve missed the last couple of Christmas days because my grandsons are of the age now, when the personalised sacks I used to buy and fill with all sorts of goodies, are passed, and although we do buy them some gifts, they are much happier to have some money in their accounts! Oh! How times have changed!
    Anyway, to end on a positive note …. Wishing everyone a very happy Christmas, hoping it will be all you hope for … and more!
    I’m off for a few days now but will be back next week.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all positive peeps! 🎄⛄️🎄⛄️🎄⛄️
    V I’m interested in numerology though I don’t know an awful lot about it.
    Some numbers or number sequences are sometimes called Angel Numbers and can show up in our lives. I constantly seem to look at the time when it’s e.g.,11:11,12:12 ( numbers repeating) or e.g., 4.34 ( numbers reading same both ways)and so on.
    Some say they’re special messages and I always say thank you when I see them,just in case!. I take the messages as meaning the Universe or the Angels are looking after me. I hope so anyway!
    In the date 21/12/21 the numbers I and 2 repeat.
    The number 1 is all about motivation, optimism, unity and uniqueness. It reminds us to focus on our own purpose and goals.
    The number 2 is about balance, duality, partnership and harmony.
    Put together,the two numbers tell us to think how we can contribute to community/ humanity,as an individual,and what we can personally do to help improve life for our fellow humans.
    I guess we do that in this thread to some extent,to help each other stay positive and cheery! So it was a good idea for you to mention the sequence having noticed it!
    Well that’s enough from me for today,so I’ll just say thanks Universe,I had a really nice day today! Hope same for everyone reading here 💕💕💕💕xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Talking of numbers, we have always though my grandson’s date of birth a little bit special…. 22.12.02. We had a lovely lunch with him and his mum today, which is of course one of my positives for today. My others are ….

🌄 I was a little bit broken last night, so didn’t get to take the time to absorbe the darkness of the winter solstice because I fell into bed at 19.30. However, I did get to witness a glorious sunrise this morning, which was a wonderful way to start the day that leads us into lighter brighter ones.
    😄 video chat with friend in Turkey, lots of laughs across the miles.
    🙂 quick visit to eldest son and family, to drop off pressies. First time we’ve see them in months, so lovely to catch up.
    It’s been a day full of family and friends and really, what could be better!

Hope your day has brought you a positive or two. If you’ve a moment do tell us about them.
    Verano, we’ll miss your posts, but enjoy your celebrations and come and share your positives again when you’re ready. Meanwhile, we’ll do our best to keep this wonderful and long running thread ticking over.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just one last positive!
    💉🩺🎉 Just had telephone appointment with my surgery after diabetes blood tests last week….. ALL IS WELL!
    Five and a half years ago I started this WOL and the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say …. well …HbA1c 36, cholesterol 5.1 but the all important ratio is 2.1 it should be <3.5, all other tests great.
    I can’t believe my results given the last couple of years stress, strain and probably not such wise food choices.
    Really can have a happy end to 2021 now!
    Take care everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all..well done VERANO on those results! 👏👏👏👏👏👏
    SUNNY so happy you got to catch up with family and friends..exactly what we want this time of year isnt it!🥳🥳🥳
    *~ Nothing to say today except,excited it’s Xmas Eve Eve,and grateful for everything I’m blessed with x
    *~ AND to add ..a negative that leads to positives..DDs husband visiting relatives,who have all tested positive,except for DDs hubby and one of his nieces.. the positive being they are not feeling too poorly,so this variant is milder as suggested.
    *~ Other positive my pal VERANO pointed out,it means two christmases for us..one now,one when hub out of isolation and comes home.
    Have a cool Yule folks and a Proper Crimbo! XXX yayyy it’s chrrrristmas! See you all soon,love and festive hugs xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Excellent blood results Verano, you’re definitely proof that this WOE works. And now you know you can afford to relax a little and enjoy some little festive indulgences.
    Yowser, glad your SIL has tested negative. Hope his family will soon be fit and well again.
    For me it’s been one of those relaxed days, when nothing particular happens …. wonderful, but it does make pinning down specific positives a bit tougher. Anyway …. will give it a go ……
    ☆ hauled out the good china and the food warmer ready for Saturday, one more thing ticked off the ‘to do’ list.
    ☆ OH has pushed his diet boundaries a little more today and not had any adverse reactions.
    ☆ booked flu jab for 29th Dec.
    ☆ beautiful sunset this evening

Okay, well that wasn’t as hard as I thought it might be. Although they manifest almost unnoticed, with a little reflection those positives become evident. Why not take a moment or two to check what yours were today.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

(Just a quicky as I noticed that for once I haven’t been logged out of the forum,I never actually log out but I find I get logged out very quickly for some reason,it’s almost as if they’re glad to see the back of me 😁😁)
    Anyway just thought I wd share something posted on the FB of a great international food stores in my city centre..
    “Just one more sleep before blokes venture out for their Christmas shopping”
    So true,of nearly all the guys I know! 😁😁😁🎅🎅🎅😁😁😁
    Goodnight,goodmorning and very happy Christmas Eve to those already there. For me,Christmas Eve beats even Christmas Day in its magical ness! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It goes so quickly doesn’t it? All that build up and then in a matter of hours it’s all done for another year. But in those hours are the little delighted that make Christmas special, so I’m here to post a few positives…..
    🥳 celebrating with DD and family and OH … all quite laid back, but lovely to be together.
    😄 reminiscing and laughing, honouring old and new traditions
    🙏 thankful for being able to have time with loved ones, in the warm, with more the enough to eat.

Has been a good day …. hope your Christmas day has been the one you hoped for too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Seasons greetings SUNNY and everyone who visits here!
    SUNNY your big day sounds like mine..laid back and oh so nice and relaxing! In bed now,tired and happy,and looking forward to Boxing Day,then Twixmas,my favourite bit of all,then New Year.
    My positives..
    *~ Shared lovely food and swapped presents,had some nice drinks and lots of laughs.. What more can you ask of a day! Ate plenty but didn’t go overboard and was told I looked like I had lost weight! ( Better than any Xmas gift to hear that)
    *~ Looking forward to tomorrow..a walk and some games..and more festive fare!
    *~ Must share the letter SILs nephew left for Santa. “ Dear Father Christmas,please come upstairs. My room is the fourth door on the left. I think I’ve been pretty good this year” isn’t that sweet! We thought he wd have stopped believing this year,but evidently not
    Anyway goodnight/ good morning/ happy Boxing Day! XXXX🎅⛄️🎅⛄️🎅⛄️🎅⛄️

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope everyone has been enjoying their festive season and that all the planned celebrating panned out well.
    Thought I’d drop by with a few positives, to keep our positives thread ticking over ….
    🎉 lovely day yesterday, with three of our offspring visiting with grandchildren. Real delight to get to spend time all together after such a long time.
    🎉 aga has been giving us a headache, thankfully the supermarkets were open yesterday, so I could cater a cold buffet instead of cooking.
    🎉 my lovely OH, who having done battle with said aga, now has it up to temp so I can use it to cook this evening.
    Whatever your positives have been, if you have a moment please share one or two of them with us here.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,hope you’re all enjoying the festive and fun season! X
    Lovely you had that family time yesterday SUNNY! 💜💕
    My positives…
    *~ It’s Twixmas my favourite time and I’ve learnt two new names for it today..” Chrimbo Limbo” and “ Winterval”🙂🙃
    *~ Went out to get LF tests..got one kit and one for DD and SIL..at the third chemist I tried ( I phoned round) You have to get a code now in order to get a kit and can only have a kit for a max of two h’ holds at a time
    *~ On way home,I waved to tiny little Chinese boys sitting in a window looking out.. Their big smiles and happy waves back made my day! XX
    *~ Noticed a local school has a great motto “ Aim high and smile” 😀😁😃 Totally agree! Aim for the moon and if you miss,you’ll land among the stars! 🌟⭐️🌟And keep smiling,it makes people wonder what you’ve been up to! 🥰

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Hope everyone is enjoying their festivities and/or peace and quiet.
    Yowzer love the idea of hitting the stars if you miss the moon… in fact I think I prefer the stars anyway!
    Sunny glad you’re having good ‘family time’ together we’ve all missed that lately….. but …. there’s always tomorrow.
    I do have a few positives …..

1. 🪴🎋🎍My amaryllis is still going strong although I did have a scare a few days ago. I woke up to find my beautiful plant drooping looking as sad as if it has just spent a wet weekend in Bognor! (There are other places that would be just as miserable for a wet weekend!) Anyway, I loosely tied it to a stake and moved it into a sunnier spot. It’s thriving again with a flower bud just starting to open!
    2. 🖋📚📕I’ve started a new journal to add to my current collection. I decided to keep track of all the things I should do on a daily basis ….. drink water, tea, coffee, practice Spanish, meditate, read the newspaper. I hope to tick off each of these tasks everyday and add more. It’s amazing how easy it is to not find ‘time’ for even the quickest of tasks.
    3.🖥🎧📖 Listening to MM’s new book on Audible. Interesting. This book seems to be concentrating on protein so far. He reads the text himself and it’s quite enjoyable to listen to but as we know only too well …. you have to ‘stick’ with the plan to win!

And so we’ve almost arrived at the end of another year …. may not have been the best but we’re on the verge of a New Year, a New Start, with new hope…. Let’s hope it’s a good one!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii everyone on the last day of the year!
    DEEPAK,I love those quotes! Are you a Deepak Chopra fan? If so,me too! And Frances Hodgson Burnett wrote The Sectret Garden,one of my favourite books x
    VERANO,I agree..I wd prefer to land amongst the stars rather than on the moon!🌟🌟 I’ve just received MMs new book in the post! Looking forward to being inspired by it after the NY celebrations x
    Only one positive for me today..
    *~ Lovely mild sunny day! Beau fed the ducks while I had a wash and blow dry,then we went to the seaside. It was packed! A lovely holiday vibe in the air,everyone happy and everyone in the shops and the place where we had lunch wearing masks. Went to a massive wine supermarket,really enjoyed a browse and bought some fizz,gin,and beers.
    Happy 2022 everybody🥳🥳🥳🥳365 new days,365 new opportunities to have a fantastic day ! 🥳🥳🥳🥳 xx
    I’ve got a feeling this coming year will be full of promise and a BiG improvement on the previous two. But we got through it ,and are all the stronger for it,and even more appreciative than before for the little things that mean so much xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for those great quotes, Deepak.
    Thought I’d drop by to offer up a final batch of positives for 2021…..
    🎉 quick visit to garden centre to stock up on cards and wrapping paper for next Christmas. A couple of new baubles snuck into the basket too 🤭
    👩‍🌾 got in a last gardening session for this year. Pruned the buddleia and about half the roses.
    🥳 cards with cheques from my folks to my daughter and family which were thought lost in the post, arrived safely today.
    🥂🍾 wishing everyone a wonder start to 2022 … may it be a truly great year for us all. Enjoy your celebrations this evening, regardless of what they might be. 🍾🥂 Get 2022 off to a great start folks 🥂🍾🥂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY am so glad about those cheques !💕💕
    The poinsettia I got for Christmas has died already. Where do I go wrong SUNnY! I kill every plant,I think I over water,this time I didn’t,but got up today and it was ..dead,all floppy and sad😢..any advice please! X it was so beautiful and I had it in a white and silver pot,went so nicely with the red.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all and happy 20221
    Positives from me:
    1) I can put my left sock and shoe on again – unassisted. 5 days of awful back pain are receding. It has been a real wake up call on one of the reasons for getting to a healthy weight again.
    2) Our latest guest dog has arrived – totally cute 31/2 month blonde labrador. She stays for 10 days and will keep us on our toes.
    3) Indoor daffodils are blooming. Winter jasmine is out in the garden, and a lot of bulbs are already showing through. I hope they don’t get a nasty shock when this mild spell passes. But nice to see the days getting longer, and feeling that spring is getting closer.

Have a lovely Sunday one and all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

🎉🥳🎉 Happy New Year …. May 2022 bring only good things to us all. 🎉🥳🎉
    Hope the year is off to a good start for everyone and that you’re beginning to rake in plenty of positives. Here are a few from my little corner ….
    🎊 saw on the new year peacefully, just OH and myself … lovely evening 🥂🍾
    🙂 time with family … no more need be said 🙂
    🎉 the festive season is over and looking ahead to the coming year is now the order if the day.
    🙂 happy to have the planning, cooking and eating of festive good behind me!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening!
    Just wanted to say ‘hello’ …. hope all is well.
    I realise that I really do need to find ‘positives’ everyday to make my life better, so …..
    1,🪴🎋🎍I know you must be sick of hearing about the progress of my amaryllis but….. two flowers are showing through from one of the buds!
    2. 🚎🚌 Joined the 100 days thread because I definitely need to get my head out of the sand!
    3.🌶🧄🌶Feel like ‘heat’ tonight so looks like a takeaway may be on the cards …. the last supper??? Think it might be!
    Have a good evening!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quick one for now..CARONL..glad to hear yr pains receding..backache is sooo miserable!
    V enjoy that takeaway! It’s still officially Christmas til and including wednesday!😁
    SUNNY,are you bringing yr date nights into 2022?
    My positives
    *~ can see the days stretching out a bit already..4:26 and it’s still daylight
    *~ got a little jaunt planned with DD,going to stay over on the beautiful Wirral tomoz til Sunday..then SIL comes out of isolation,and DD and he can have their own little christmas 💕💕
    *~ Turning a new page and making each day count in 2022..think this year is going to be far better for all of us than the previous two,can feel it in my bones!
    🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer I so hope you’re right! Must admit there does seem like there’s more optimism in the air …. fingers crossed our hopes aren’t dashed! Enjoy your trip and roll on Christmas no:2!
    🧄🌶🍽 Lovely curry last night. Last takeaway. Starting anew from tomorrow ….ready, steady, goooooo….
    📕👓📕 Almost finished MM’s new book even though it’s audible it’s interesting. Not sure I would need to refer back to it in rather future though. Think I might return it for another audible book.
    📖🖋🗒 Today has been a day of ‘planning’ ready to start ‘proper’ low carbing again tomorrow. Just about to weigh my cauliflower and broccoli for mash so I can work out the ‘cost’ of each portion. Think I need to be prepared to be horrified by the amounts I have ‘really’ been eating.
    Tomorrow is another day, a clean sheet and a new start.
    This holiday period seems to have been never ending, so looking forward to some ‘normality’ tomorrow! Have a nice evening.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Caron just noticed your post and pleased to hear you pain is receding. Your flowers sound wonderful but hopefully they won’t suffer as the weather changes …. ours changed today!
    Sunny, I second that! Just how many Bank Holidays can we have? They seem to have been endless and I’m just glad to have a ‘normal’ day.
    Positives are few and far between for me today … but I’ll scrape the bottom of the barrel to find a few …..
    🪴🎋🎍The amaryllis has two open flowers now so really pleased about that especially as I just don’t have green fingers.
    🥦🍅🥒 Just seem to have lost all my cookery skills. For some reason everything I’ve cooked over the last couple of weeks have just not been right for one reason or another. The positive … cooked salmon for tonight, not difficult , so no problem there!
    ⚖️🗒🖋 Weighed and logged all food for today … two days in a row and still going!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, well done on both the amaryllis and the food tracking … Great results!
    Yowser, yes date nights will reappear, but for this Friday OH decided to book a table at the local pub and we’ll be at my folks next week, so I won’t be catering a date night until later in the month. I loving the lengthening days too …. wonderful!

So, let’s see what positives I can find for today …..
    🎄 packed up Christmas to put back in the loft until next time. Really feel ready to get on with the new year ahead now.
    🙂 felt much better today, after feeling very under par yesterday. Covid tests negative, so think it was probably just my body protesting about what I’ve been consuming recently.
    🍲 simple meal this evening, of lean pork steak and veggies with a grain mustard sauce …. so over festive foods!

Hope your 2022 is off to a good start and will have a few positives to share with us.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Hope Wednesday has been good so far. Must admit I had to think twice about about what day it is! All these bank holidays have me in a twizz.
    Sunny, great to hear you are continuing your date nights but maybe even better that you’re being taken out! Glad you’re feeling better I think it’s the time of the year when we all feel under par.
    I do have one positive ……
    ⚖️🖋📕 Weighed and logged all my food today … day 2 … has to be good!
    Still juggling macros but that will come in time at least I’m weighing and logging …. feels good.
    Have a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Grrr..just lost my post! So will keep this brief!
    Happy Twelfth Night and now that Xmas is well and truly over,very best wishes to all for a productive, happy,and positive ( of course!) 2022!
    My positives in short are …v happy to be enjoying a few days at holiday cottage ( with sunshine!👍) and nice but plainer food now..also got a good book to enjoy and a lovely fire to sit by,dreaming and seeing pictures in the flames!
    Love and hugs to all xxx
    V I am baffled by macros…too much for my small brain!
    SUNNY me too..am over the rich Xmas food too,enjoying ordinary stuff again,will be carb counting when I get back home. Every intention of continuing to work onwards and downwards to achieving sleek figure! XX
    I echo this..
    “I love beginnings .if I had my way,every day wd be January First”..
    In a way,every day IS Jan first,every day is a new start,new opportunity xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, know what you mean about having to think about what day it is, not yet automatic for me again either. You’re right, this time of year is not very condusive to feelings if wellbeing. Very much trying to focus on the days getting longer! Well done on your food tracking and tackling macros, I’ve never got to grips with those myself … closest I get is pulling down the carbs to sub 20g, if I’m really focused. The thought of tracking more than that, boggles my mind.

Yowser, have a wonderful break, it sounds idyllic. Sorry, but I can’t share your enthusiasm for Jan 1st 😄, January is definitely one of my least favourite months, along with the rest of the winter months. Do support your sentiments about new starts though, we can claim as many of those as we like, need or require … and they all count.

Okay, well let’s see what positives I can find for today …
    🎄 christmas is back in the loft … done, dusted and of no concern for the next 10mths.
    🐟 had some lovely salmon for dinner, along with roast cauli and some green veggies. So enjoying ‘normal’ food again.
    📖 new diary set up with significant dates and other vital info.
    🤭 exchanging emails with the resort, to sneakily arranging a vow renewal for OH and I 🥰 while we are on our 25th wedding anniversary trip in October …. Exciting!
    🌸 still have some summer flowers in the garden, including a rose, anenome, fuschia and a nasturtium!

Take a look and see what positives have been part of your day, I’m sure you’ll find some.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Sunny I’m amazed that you have summer flowers in your garden. We had sleet here today so it could be getting cold for you too …. those blooms may not last long so enjoy!
    Should gave had my hair done today but my hairdresser isn’t well so looking a bit bedraggled!
    Anyway, despite that disappointment I do have a couple of positives …
    👫👫Friends popped in for 15 minutes to say “hello”. It’s good to have company even for a short time.
    🥦🍅🌶 Doing well with my macros today on track for 18g of fibre and 62g protein. What do people eat to keep protein down? I’m just having 125g chicken breast tonight and only had yogurt and berries for lunch which seems very little to me!
    🌶🥦🧄Stir fry tonight with roast chicken from last night so not too much cooking… always good!
    Sunny I fancy the cardamom chicken recipe, I love cardamom, but just wondering if you have a similar/better recipe?
    Yowzer hope you’re still having fun and pleased to hear DD has found something to help her virus after affects.
    Well I’m off to prepare vegetables, have a good evening.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Positive Peeps!
    Brrr so cold and wet on the Wirral today!
    * ~ I’ve been to the Lady Lever art gallery,and it was cosy and warm ( specially in the cafe!) and some of my favourite paintings on show..I love the Pre Raphaelite artists!💕
    *~ Had comforting parsnip soup for lunch,very welcome after a long walk
    *~ Now sitting staring into the fire,seeing pictures in the flames! 🙂🙃 nothing to do but relax,might have a nap.🙂
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️“A day without a nap is like a cupcake without frosting.”- Terri Guillemets.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer we must have been ‘posting’ at the same time! Sounds like you’re having a cozy, lazy, relaxed time. Enjoy!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I know V, I can’t believe there are still summer blooms in the garden. I know there was a really cold snap just before we come back from Turkey, so I was expecting all the tender stuff to be done for. Re: cardamom chicken, it’s not something I’ve made before so can’t offer an alternative recipe at the moment. For nuts I use a spice mix of equal parts ground mace, tellicherry black pepper and cardamom, which I’m thinking might work very nicely with chicken, maybe to make a marinade with yogurt. Will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Positives from here ….
    🙏 finally got around to doing a meditation this afternoon, after quite a long lapse … really enjoyed it.
    🧪 son and DIL tested covid negative today, so are out of isolation. Thankfully they had very little in the way of symptoms and weren’t very ill with it.
    🎁 received a gift of extravagant skincare products from a lovely friend, excited about trying them out and some are ideal travel size, which will be great fir our drive out to Turkey in a few months time.
    🍪 made a batch of almond and seed crackers, using mace as the main spice …. lovely winter spice and goes well with cheese etc.

It’s been a good day in general, really hope yours has been too. If you have a moment, please share the high points with us.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry, missed your post Yowser. I love an art gallery, my fav is the Musee de l’Orangerie and the huge and stunning Monets. Liking the sound of parsnip soup, might give that a go tomorrow as I have a few to use up … it’s either soup or souffles.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all,
    We are having a strange day of sunshine and hail here – beautiful cloudscapes. Verano, re cardamom chicken, my go-to recipe is Madhur Jaffrey’s Mughlai chicken. It is absolutely gorgeous. When I am being strict, I cut back on the onions and almonds, but that doesn’t seem to undermine the lovely combination of spices. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/recipes/0/mughlai-chicken-almonds-sultanas-recipe/ Yowzer I have always meant to get to the Lever gallery and failed miserably. No excuse really since I still have relatives on the Wirral. It will certainly feature when I next get up there. Sunny, favourite gallery? I would go for the Mauritshuis (but I’m biassed!), Frick, and Dulwich. I love the smaller scale collections.

Positives for today:
    1) Bought some new clothes as an antidote to lockdown. And remembered to google for a discount code before paying – 20% off woohoo.
    2) Backpain is finally receding. Managed to vacuum up all the bits of the Christmas tree.
    3) Booked Eurostar to the UK to see my parents next month. It may prove impossible, but it’s nice to have dates in the diary.

Have a lovely day one and all.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Caron thanks for the link but unfortunately it didn’t work because I don’t subscribe! Anyway, I did find the recipe but it sounds really rich with yogurt and cream! Also I’m not a fan of sweet and meat so I’d have to leave out the sultanas! Think I’ll try the other recipe first. I just adore cardamom! Hope you get here next month but as you say at least it’s something to look forward to.
    Sunny, skin care products how wonderful. I have a new moisturiser but won’t open it until I’ve finished my current one. Can’t wait for the new one! Also you’ve made me remember that I’ve not used my meditation app for weeks. I must get back to it tomorrow. I need to relax especially as I have some medical tests next week.
    So, today it’s really difficult for me to find a positive but I will ….
    🙏🏻⚖️The scales are showing a nice loss so far this week … amazing what happens when you start weighing and logging! Today I’ve managed to keep my protein and fibre in check but my carbs are way over! I give up.
    Hope the weekend proves positive for everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done on that weight loss VERANO 👏👏 keep going! 👍
    The skincare products sound lovely SUNNY!X
    CARONL Great getting 20%off yr new togs! 👍 I love a bargain!
    My positives..
    *~ We found a lovely tea shop today while exploring..and nearby a Dell,with lots of squirrels running about 🐿..and lots of people feeding them 💜
    *~ SIL at last tested negative!yayyyy!
    *~ Bought a few nice things in Accessorize sale..last little splurge before pulling my horns in and starting economy drive Monday! I plan to lose lbs and save ££££! 😁xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🌷🌷 Hiiii friends,hope the week ahead is a good one for all of us.🌷🌷

*~ Home sweet home after our adventures xx
    *~ Glad to be back to feed the foxes and squirrels..going out to do it now.
    *~ Glad to get back to some healthy eating! My prolonged Xmas and New Year break is over at last..have had far too many “ treats”,but have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one 😁

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Yowzer sounds like you’ve had a really good holiday …… and shopping! Glad SIL is finally ‘free’.
    Another Sunday almost over but we really do have to find positives …. just one for me today….
    🚘⛳️🌞 Little trip out into the countryside today which made a really nice change.
    New week starting … 🎶let’s hope it’s a good one🎶

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, glad SIL is back in circulation and that you’ve had such a wonderful few days away.
    V, it’s always good to have a change of scene, even if briefly.

Soooo …. let’s see what positives I can dredge up …
    🍲 lovely meal out on Friday evening, including a very pleasant bottle of wine and an excellent cheese board 🤭.
    🥱 lazy weekend with nothing much happening. We’ve just been chilling out and relaxing.
    🚗 OH’s car passed it’s MOT …. phew!
    🌸 DD and fiance popped in for a cuppa today.
    🛍 OH has ordered a really pretty tote bag for my birthday present.

Looking forward to the coming week and getting to spend sometime with my folks. Hope it’s a good week for you, whatever you’ll be doing.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Another grey day over and done! Time for a few positives….
    🌸 video chat with a couple of Turkish friends
    🚗 DD’s car passed it’s MOT today …. she’s very relieved.
    🍲 made a veggie meal for dinner, which A) OH said he’d be okay with and B) also said he quite enjoyed. High praise from someone quite veg adverse.

Think that’s it for today. Hope there were some positives in your day …. hope to read some of them later.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY et al,a grey day here too,but glad you could summon up some good news SUNNY X
    A very quiet day here but I’ve got my thinking cap on…
    Positives..
    *~ my first day back to normal after an extended New Year festivity! Fasted and then had a veg sausage with broc,and a 10 cal jelly,so I’m back on my low carby horse ….clippety clop!
    *~ Tried to be more active,and succeeded ..kept busy and in between jobs and exercise I enjoyed listening to a very gripping audiobook.
    *~ In bed now,watching tv on IPad..I’ve realised if I sit in the lounge watching tv I want drinks and nibbles..if I’m in bed,somehow food and drink doesn’t even enter my greedy little head! So I’m going to do that more often,at least til we get to springtime 😃
    So all in all,a satisfactory day 🌟😁🌟😁🌟
    And a third of Jan has now passed! I don’t want us to wish our lives away,but for many people,January feels like the gloomiest of months..Feb seems much more promising ( for me,with Pancake Tues,Vals Day and Beaus bday) and it’s waiting round the corner xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy,hope you’re having a Terrific Tuesday! Well the not so good news is,I’ve been quite bad today food wise…tempted by and gave into a few Xmas goody leftovers..they called to me and I answered their call! …alas! 🙄
    Good news though is…
    *~ As long as I get straight back on track tomorrow,today’s indiscretions won’t have done too much harm. I’ve cleared the decks now,so it will be easy!
    *~ Hairdressers today for cut and blow and a catch up as we haven’t seen each other since just before Christmas.
    *~ Mild sunny afternoon,just right for walking in the park!
    ❤️‍🩹 Keep smiling everyone..Life is better when you’re Laughing ….so exercise those chuckle muscles!💝

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, you’re right …. getting back on track tomorrow will ensure any damage done by your indulgence today will be negligible. I’m envious of you hair appointment…. I’ll have to wait until we’re back in Turkey to get my hair done again😔.

My positives for today are …..
    👟 got off my butt and did some exercise today … idea is to do at least 10mins a day, in the hope that I can form a habit and properly incorporate exercise into my life style …. attempt No. 99,999!!! (Okay, that could be a SMALL exaggeration🤭)
    🍲 made cardamom chicken for dinner … yum! Also made a very pleasant mushroom side.
    🙏 Great meditation session this afternoon … love it when dropping into the zone happens effortlessly.

Three will do for me today. Would love to hear about any positives you might have, so do take a moment to share.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wowzer Yowzer! can it really be Wednesday already!
    Pleased with myself today as I’ve…
    *~ Given my bedroom a much needed “ bottoming” as my MIL used to call it. Still need to finish by putting everything back in place after a cuppa. Spring cleaning has commenced!🙂🙃
    And its a ….
    *~ Gorgeous bright day again. Had a walk and helped reunite an escaped dog ( sbody had left the back gate open and he got out) with his owners. Took a while but we found him in the end. He looked guilty and pleased with himself all at the same time! He’s beautiful..Bert aged Three! 🐶
    *~ Finished a gripping and tense audiobook..was sorry really for it to end..and then,just by chance,my neighbour then offered me a book..by the same author!👏👏
    *~ As always,just grateful to be alive another day 🙏 xx
    SUNNY I agree..a meditation session where you get into the zone so easily is bliss! And brings so many happy benefits X

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Yowzer ‘spring cleaning” what a great idea and after all the days are starting to lengthen so we should all start looking forward to spring.
    Sunny you’ve reminded me I’m out of the habit of meditating but I really must get into it …. tomorrow … maybe!
    💉🩺🔬 Medical tests today mainly looking ok and just glad to be getting back to normal. So that’s my only positive so far this week.
    Enjoy the last few days before the weekend.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all.
    1. Yowzer I have joined you in spring cleaning. Since lockdown continues and the garden is sleeping, this feels like a constructive way to spend some time. Kitchen is now done. I keep opening the cupboards and drawers to marvel at the orderly contents! Quite a few rooms still to go…
    2. Had a lovely walk in the woods and dunes this morning -lovely combination of gorgeous blue skies and early morning mist. Confirmation that my back is finally better. 🙂
    3. Enjoyed a lovely cybergame of bridge with UK friends last night. One of the few silver linings of Covid!
    Happy mid week!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh I’m glad you were spring cleaning too CARONL! My bedroom is positively gleaming,I just need some finishing touches tomorrow! Enjoy those pristine cupboards and drawers! 💜X

Please log in or register to post a reply.