Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Firstly, welcome back to Natalie … doesn’t matter if you’re properly on the BSD or not, you’re always welcome to post here. Really pleased your daughter got into the course she wanted and good news aboutvthe lawn mower … it’s always gratifying when a gift is a real hit. Will look forward to see you posting positives more frequently.
    Secondly, apologies for being absent over the weekend, which turned out to be quite a busy one despite our original plans for Friday evening having to change. Anyway, all fodder for positives, so here goes with a catch up batch ….
    🍲 meal out with DD’s future in-laws needed to be postponed from planned get together on Friday, but on the plus side, OH secured a table at the local pub and we had a lovely evening just the two of us.
    🌡it was mild enough to walk down to the pub, so a little extra exercise to boot which has to be a positive!
    📦 finally got around to attacking the chaos in our office bedroom, where we had dumped most of the stuff from the living room, when we cleared it for decorating last year. Not quite complete, but happy to say lots weeded out and disposed of and a good amount boxed for charity.
    🍲 lovely date night dinner on Saturday, the tahini creme brulee was a great success snd very tasty. Elle, I’ll post the recipe on this thread later.

Yowser, thanks for all the posts over the last few days. Hope you are enjoying the new round of 27/9 … Still loving mine!
    Will hopefully be posting more positives later I hope.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

WoooooHooooo!!!!!! We’ve flipped over on to page 105 of positive posts! Keep up to positive posting everyone.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

A strange sort of positive 😉😁
    I have to have a procedure in hospital next Monday for which you need to have a Covid swap 2 days beforehand, but as I tested positive for it in early December I don’t have to have it.
    Welcome Natalie, my daughter is a physiotherapist (close to an OT).

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Here is the recipe as promised, Elle….
    Tahini Creme Brulee …. for 2
    Ingredients
    100ml single cream
    20ml milk
    1 large egg yolk (approx 20g)
    15ml Agave or maple syrup ( or sweetener of choice)
    20g tahini
    Preheat oven to 90c
    Method
    Whisk together egg yolk, sweetening agent of choice and tahini.
    Bring cream and milk to boil.
    Pour a little of the cream into the egg mix, whisking constantly. Once mixed in, slowly add the rest of the cream whilst continuing to whisk.
    Pour mixture into ramekins or ovenproof bowls and cover tightly with foil.
    Place ramekins/bowls into a deep baking dish and pour boiling water into dish, to come halfway up the ramekins/bowls.
    Cook in oven for 30mins, when the brulee should still have a slight wobble.
    Once cooked, leave to cool and then refrigerated.
    If wished before serving, finish with good layer if sugar and use blowtorch to caramelise the top or pop under high grill. Suggested alternative, top with berries and/or toasted nuts.

• posted by Verano
    on

Page 105! Over 5200 posts! This surely must be a record, not just here, but I’m sure on many boards….. we are all heroes!
    Good to hear the 27/9 exercise is going well. I’m starting mine tomorrow, first day of a new month.
    Just one positive for me today …… only a few hours of January 2022 left. I can only remember one other January worse than this one and that was January 2021! But, I still have great hopes for this year …. we must all just remain ‘positive’!
    February ….. here we come🎉🪄🪄🎉🎊🎈🎈… let’s make it a great month …. after all it’s only 28 days and I’m sure we can make positives every day if we try.
    My ‘look forward to’ for tomorrow is starting day 1 of my first 9 dumping 27!
    Have a good Tuesday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I know, V, it’s amazing we’ve all been part of keeping this thread alive and kicking for so long and that it still feels really useful and relevant. I’m very much with you, about greeting the new month and making the most of February. Enjoy your 27/9 challenge.

Elle, will keep 🤞 for all being well for your procedure next week. My doc’s appointment has been cancelled due to illness (oh the irony), but not too bothered and will phone tomorrow to remake the appointment.

Now for today’s positives ….
    📝 after months of to-ing and fro-ing, finally got paperwork through to sort out a financial issue, which has now been completed and returned. Positive is, that it’s at last been sorted and off the to do list.
    💻 new month, new spreadsheet, new BSD start. The plus here, is that finally I feel I can fully commit to it again and trim off the half stone that’s been bugging me.
    💪 keeping up the daily short exercise sessions. Beginning to feel the benefit of more activity, even though it’s not a huge amount, it really seems yo be helping.

Now, for what I’m looking forward to for 1st Feb. Tomorrow will be my final day of my first round of 27/9 feng shui decluttering.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Thank you Sunny, both for your good wishes and the recipe, I have saved it and will try it in the near future. I wonder if I could avoid any sweetener and try smashed up dates.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Elle, not sure what smashed up dates would do to the texture of the end product and actually, I’m wondering if they might prove to be higher in carbs than the options suggested, but nothing to lose giving it a try if that’s your preference.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Right,it’s far too long since I posted on this thread and I’m sure I often have things to be grateful for so I’m going to try to post a bit more often!
    – Had a lovely morning yesterday with my Mum.We went shopping to Aldi then she came back and sat at the kitchen table for a while whilst I worked in the kitchen.She looked out of the French doors into the garden and enjoyed watching the birds come and go, including a robin.Simple pleasures but it got her out of her house for a couple of hours and she had a relaxing day at home afterwards watching tv and reading newspapers.
    – Won a winter coat on eBay yesterday.It’s new and I got it for £63 less than it is selling for on qvc.
    – Have the next 6 days meals all listed on MFP which will help me massively.
    Well that’s is for now.I will try to keep a mental note of more positives throughout the day so that I don’t leave it as long to post again.
    Dawn X

• posted by Natalie
    on

Positives for today:
    A couple of things ticked off the to-do list; back to school stationary shop for my son, folding three baskets of laundry.
    A zoom meeting for a course I am going to do laid out the options and electives, I got to see the teachers which may affect my choices!
    I got a call from my boss lining up some work – I’m a casual and things have been very up and down during COVID so this is great news.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Positives for today:
    A couple of things ticked off the to-do list; back to school stationary shop for my son, folding three baskets of laundry.
    A zoom meeting for a course I am going to do laid out the options and electives, I got to see the teachers which may affect my choices!
    I got a call from my boss lining up some work – I’m a casual and things have been very up and down during COVID so this is great news.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

White rabbits and pinch punch! Hi everyone. February! Yay! Don’t want to wish my life away,but it’s good that January is over and the days get longer…
    Good news NATALIE re work 👍👍
    Well done on page 107 SUNNY 👏👏👏👏
    Good luck with Dumping Day 1 VERANO 🥳🥳
    Lovely news about yr Mum DAWN – and that new coat! bargain! 🌟🌟
    Feb Facts…
    Star signs – Aquarius and Pisces
    Official flowers – violets and primroses,how lovely!
    Birthstone – Amethyst
    My positives for first day of Feb..
    *~ At last I’m properly reading latest MM book and it’s making me feel February Focused!
    *~ Very tired after being a new broom sweeping clean and moving furniture round,have got limited energy and v limited stamina,so a quiet day and enjoying looking at newly arranged lounge and bedroom today.
    *~ Enjoying browsing online at sofas,armchairs,coffee tables..can’t decide what I want,but maybe a few replacements to be made by Easter!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, Yowzer – that made me laugh! It’s literally years since anyone has said that to me (the white rabbits and pinch punch thing) – not since my granddaughters were little probably!

Dawn, pleased to hear you got to spend some quality time with your mum. My mum is 97, and I treasure every moment we spend together these days though, as she lives nearly 300 miles away, I tend only to see her monthly. Special times though.

Good news about the work, Natalie. Let’s hope it leads to even more.

So, for my positives……
    1. Weather here is truly horrible, cold, wet, wild and windy. But O/H and I (and the dog) are safe and warm.
    2. Considering how horrid the weather is, huge positive is that O/H, bless him, offered to do the long(ish) early morning dog walk👍 on the basis I’d do the shorter afternoon one.
    3. But my girl’s no fool – she didn’t like the weather any more than I did and so this afternoon, she had her wee before we’d even got off our drive, and promptly turned around and came back in.. Wasn’t much exercise, but at least neither of us had the chance to get wet and cold🤪
    4. But my biggest positive today is that my bestie, who has been in Australia for 2 months visiting family, arrived back home last night and we’ve just arranged to see each other this evening for a massive catch-up, and there might even be wine involved (she’s brought some back with her apparently). I haven’t touched alcohol since Christmas, so a glass or two won’t hurt!🍷🍷) I’m so pleased that she was finally allowed to visit her daughter and her 4 granddaughters at long last but, from a purely selfish point of view, it’s SOOO good to have her back👍
    Enjoy rest of your day, everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello. Great to read all your positives especially as I’ve had a really stressful day. Thanks for making me smile.
    I do have some positives though ….
    🏝🏖✈️ Really struggled today to find holiday insurance. Reading the small print it’s painfully obvious that life really has ‘changed’. Insurance no longer covers for cancellation in the same way as it used to and is now so much more of a lottery. In fact much easier not to travel, but …. we’re not really ready to give up on life yet. So the positive is that we decided to take our chances that FCOD or Boris ( or his successor! ) won’t change the travel rules before we travel and have taken out insurance for the next year. We have to look to the future with optimism.
    ⏰🕰⏰ The days are certainly getting longer. 4.25pm and it’s still quite light despite it being a dark, windy, wet and miserable day.
    That’s it for me today.
    Have a good evening/morning, and yes welcome back Natalie, I also remember you.
    Tomorrow my ‘look forward ‘ to is a treatment for my hair. About six months ago my hair seemed to be getting really thin so a few months ago I treated myself to some Phillip Kingsley products and some ‘hair’ pills. I hadn’t realised what a terrible toll not having regular hair cuts had taken on my hair. Anyway, with a combination of the pills and the products, together with regular cuts, my hair is now looking and feeling back to normal. One of the products is a pre-wash scalp treatment which I’ve not used yet but tomorrow is ‘D’ day! Hopefully that will be my first positive tomorrow!

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

My positives for today
    1. I had a call from the hospital and I have to stop taking one of my pills until the procedure on Monday, so I have to take Aspirin instead, so went to the next village to the chemists and as it was sunny although cold and blustery I had a nice walk along the beach.
    2. Got a couple of pizza’s from local pizza restaurant that is only open on Saturday and Sunday but that you can now get from the butchers for OH’s birthday tomorrow.
    3. Arranged to meet an old friend for coffee when we go back to England in March.
    Definitely the days are getting longer Verano it is still light here at 5.10😁

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see people posting already this month!!!
    Dawn, your coat bargain sounds great and really pleased you’ve had some quality time with your Mum.
    Natalie, hope the work thing goes well for you snd good luck with the course electives.
    Yowser, your ‘newbrooming’ sounds exhausting, but we’ll done. Enjoy picking out some new furnishings.
    Theodira, wonderful to have a catch up with your best friend scheduled.
    V, well you know my view on having hols to look forward to, so I say go for it! Glad your hair condition is improving … may I ask what supplement have you been using?

Time to find some positives, so here goes….
    📆 new month and it really does feel like a fresh start, despite it being a grey and chilly day I’ve been feeling very upbeat today.
    🍲 day two of being fully back on plan and already feeling better for being in control again, so much so, I was completely able to resist buying dark choc whilst shopping today.
    🚣‍♀️ used the rowing machine today, only for 5mins (couldn’t manage more!), it was really quite invigorating though. Plan to make daily use of it now OH has set it up again.
    🥳 completed my 27/9 feng shui challenge today and I’m already eyeing things up to be ‘dealt with,’ in the next round. Have really enjoyed weeding out stuff we’ve been holding on to just for the sake of holding on to it and looking forward to being able to start a new round next week.
    As for something to look forward to for tomorrow….. staeting to get things ready for going away at the weekend.
    Have a lovely evening/morning and please don’t be shy about sharing your positives.

• posted by Verano
    on

Quick hello.
    Sunny, I use Purolabs Biotin+. They are expensive but one course did the trick for me. I bought a second course when they were on offer and now I’m just taking one every other day or so. When these are finished I’m going to stop taking them for three months and see how I go. Even my hairdresser noticed a huge improvement in my hair.

• posted by Natalie
    on

🥦Today I did the grocery shopping and they had most of the things I wanted (unusual at the moment) so that was definitely a positive! I did have to go to a second shop to hunt down broccoli and cucumbers, but found them.
    🍓Delicious shopping-day dessert treat of strawberries drizzled with chocolate, prepared by my daughter.
    🎭I watched another episode of season 2 of SMASH which I love and am rationing out instead of binging. It’s a musical drama, a behind the scenes look at the making of a musical about Marilyn Monroe. It has some great songs and lots of drama, with Angelica Huston and Debra Messing. I used to do amateur musical theatre so I’m really enjoying it. But my kids barely know who Marilyn Monroe was!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy 2nd Feb! Sometimes called Candlemas or Imbolc
    Winters darkness is coming to an end and Spring approaches. We look forward to the coming sun!
    That’s all from me for now except for this quote..xxx

“Fragile stirrings at the threshold of spring. The great-snaking energy of life has hibernated, shed a skin; its strike-ready kinetic energy is slowly uncoiling. We leave our caves for early signs of growth, a clear sighting of the crescent moon, first spring flowers spiking last year’s leaves, new colours to live by as we turn towards fresh beginnings.”
    —Debra Hall © Mother Tongue Ink 2021

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Very interesting Yowzer.
    Well today has been an improvement on yesterday for me. My first positive …..
    💻🗒🏅For the first time I managed wordle in just two goes. Pure luck of course but feels good anyway. I only started 18 days ago and usually get the word in three or four so today was a real bonus.
    👩🏻🚿🧴 Hair treatment was really successful. It was all a bit messy so won’t be doing it too often, but I think there’s definitely an improvement in texture and shine. Shine is always difficult to achieve with coloured hair but mine is shiny again at the moment.
    A few weeks ago somebody commented on how I didn’t look my age …. “My mothers’s genes and my hairdressers skill” were my reasons ! I have to say though I’m not ready to join the ‘blue rinse’ brigade’ yet!
    🧼🧴🧽 So after the hair ‘mask’ I treated myself to a face mask. My DD bought me an expensive wonderful tube of ‘softness and regeneration’ quite a while ago. I only use it when I need a ‘lift’ and today was the day. I must admit I was surprised, given that it’s winter and I’m spending so much time in centrally heated rooms, my skin wasn’t that dry. Usually the product almost disappears into my dry skin but not today, which was a bonus.
    My look forward to for tomorrow is that we have a friend coming for dinner. Haven’t seen her for a while so it will be good to catch up.
    Have a good evening/morning full of positives.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, thanks for the info … order has been placed. Glad your hair treatment worked well. Sounds like you’ve had a lovely pampering session today.
    Natalie, strawbs and chocolate … yum!!
    Yowser, it really has felt like spring is well on the way today.
    My positives today are ….
    🌸🥳 thrilled that today the weather meant I was able to get in a good gardening session🤸‍♀️💃 can’t tell you how wonderful it was. Such a great mood booster, to be out there pruning and tidying … loved every moment.
    👍OH mowed the lawn, so the gardens both back and front are looking quite neat now.
    🚣‍♀️ another short rowing session …. I’m working on the ‘every little helps’ philosophy! Has to be doing some good right?
    🎁 all items ordered for DD’s birthday on Friday have arrived safely, just need to get it all wrapped up and the card written, ready to our visit to her on Friday.

Now for a ‘look forward to’ for tomorrow ….. inspired by Verano, think I might have a bit of a pamper.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day/ evening all!
    SUNNY time spent in the garden or in a woods or anywhere green is so good for the soul!💚
    V …lovely pampering session,we need to treat ourselves well as often as poss! Always lifts the spirits!even nicer if you have a glass of bubbly…anything with bubbles has no cals!🙂🙃
    My positives..
    *~ I am soon to be a great-great-aunt..my greatniece is expecting a baby girl! Saw the scan pic today!💛
    *~ Not much happening for me today,but I’m v thankful for that..I’m not having to deal with any kind of crisis,upset,loss etc etc so far today,so that’s a big positive in itself!
    *~ Got myself a lovely aroma spa ultrasound diffuser,just put a few drops of essential oils in and voila… a heavenly smell! Got lots of different oils so can create different moods.
    Hope everyone’s feeling top of the wheel and hunky dory! XXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How exciting g to have a great, great, grand niece on her way Yowser! Definitely something lovely to loom forward to.
    Positives from little corner are …..
    🎁 DD’s birthday pressies wrapped all ready to gift her tomorrow.
    🌸 blitzed a corner of the kitchen, preciously in dire need of tidying.
    🥩 had a really tasty sirloin steak for dinner.
    🙂 made arrangements to lunch with grandson next week.
    Looking forward to a trip to Kent to see DD and partner from tomorrow through to Sunday.

Were there positives in your day? Do share!

• posted by Natalie
    on

☕️Today had a really frantic start, I woke to realise everyone had slept in and my son had 15 minutes to get up and ready for school. My positive is that I got him out the door in time to catch his bus, and then got to sit and enjoy a slow cup of tea.
    🎶After some pondering, I managed to remember the name of a song I wanted to download and listen to.
    🦊I’m wearing a Tshirt with a cute baby fox saying “Is it nap time yet?”

Sunny happy birthday to your DD! And congrats to Yowzer.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY hope you’re enjoying DDs birthday,very special day! xx💕
    Hope everyone is well and having / had a Funky Friday 🎶🎶🎶
    *~ Brrrrrrr….very cold out today specially for Beau ( we call him “ Coldilocks”) but I enjoyed looking for a new coffee table and a pouffe. Didn’t see what I wanted. Only came home with a £3 shopping bag,but I love it,it’s got bees on it! Love everything bee related, plus I’m running out of bags as have used a few to take stuff to charity shops.💜

*~ Pleased with myself coz I resisted having a big chunk of apple pie when we stopped for a drink. It looked so appetising,and the big buttery toasted teacakes were so cosy for a day like today,but I didn’t succumb to temptation.😇

*~ Took four big bags to charity shop. Two more days to go of 27/9 x 2 and I’m struggling a bit now ….think will just about make it! Just need to squeeeeeeeze out another 54 items! 🙂🙃

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello all.
    Apple pie ….. my all time favourite, most irresistible dessert! Especially a French open apple tart … oh dear … why am I doing this! Must admit the only dessert that I would eat, that I shouldn’t, would be an excellent, open apple tart!
    OK moving swiftly on …..
    Sunny hope DD’s birthday celebrations were great.
    Well I have positives……
    1. My daffodils are poking there heads above the grass but saw wonderful clumps of early daffodils in bloom today …. spring is almost upon us!
    2. Carrying on with the same theme we have a long avenue in this city which is lined with cherry trees, Today as we drove down the avenue there was a ‘haze’ of new buds and blossom. Spring really is on its way.
    3. Friend for dinner here last night …. forget the food ….just so wonderful to have life ‘as it was’!
    For me, seeing nature moving towards spring and seeing friends, is enough to make my life so much richer.
    I’m sure that 2022 is going to be better than the last two years …. if only we allow it to be!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Without doubt VERANO apple tart! Specially French apple tart! ( kisses fingers) bellisimo! Best not to think about it 😢xx
    ( with extra thick cream * sigh*)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you all for the kind wishes for DDs birthday. We had a very enjoyable evening thanks, with plenty of champers!
    Natalie, well done on beating the not so great start to the day!
    Yowser, congrats on resisting temptation and completing another 27/9 day despite getting short on thing to discard. 🤞you find those illusive 54 things to finish out this round.
    V, know just what you mean, about allowing 2022 to be better …. think we all need to learn how to be more ‘normal’ again.

Positives from me are ….
    🎂 lovely family celebration of DDs birthday and she was delighted with my gift choices.
    🚘 good journey from SW to SE yesterday for our w/e visit with her. So much better than being stuck in traffic.
    Looking forward to the rest of the w/e with DD and her partner.
    Wishing you all a wonderful weekend full of positives and will look forward to reading about them I due course.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning
    Another Sunday is here yet again! The weeks seem to be flying but I don’t seem to be doing very much so think it’s time to start writing lists again.
    Anyway, I did have some positives yesterday……
    💡💡💡 Had a bit of a lightbulb moment yesterday. I realise that I’m living to eat rather than eating to live! I am just buying too much food. I have so many choices, and then have so much food that needs to be eaten before it goes passed it’s best, that I’m eating it when I’m not hungry so as not to waste it. Simple answer …. use up what I have before I restock!
    🍳🥦🫑 Had a lovely brunch yesterday of soft boiled eggs over reheated left over green vegetable. Scrumptious and healthy as well as using up leftovers!
    My look forward to for today …. again food related! …. we our out for lunch with SIL but I know the place we are going to always has a few fish dishes, and they are very accommodating when it comes to extra vegetables to replace carbs. So should be fine.
    Have a good day full of positives no matter how small, enjoy!

• posted by Natalie
    on

🚙 My daughter had her first professional driving lesson, my husband has been teaching her but can only do weekends and I’m too nervous so it’s great for her to get some extra instruction and time towards the 120 hours needed. The teacher was recommended by her friends and very nice.
    💉I’ve booked my booster shot for tomorrow and also a haircut, so I’ll be ready for work next week.
    📕 I downloaded an e-textbook for my course so I can do some pre-reading

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello,hope everyone enjoyed their weekend,specially SUNNY,with her DD X
    V where did you have lunch? I’m looking for ideas for Beaus bday lunch next week.
    NATALIE,good luck with booster and enjoy yr haircut!
    Driving lessons..I was a nervous wreck with mine,must have looked comical every time I got out of the car with my knees buckling and sweat rolling off me…😀
    My positives..I feel like I’m brimming with them today!
    *~ Went to TK Maxx ( other shops available) with £ 60 worth of birthday/ Xmas vouchers..Received pre locko,was anxious in case they were no longer valid ( I was all ready to do battle if they said no,but they were valid… woohoo!) Bought a velvet pouffe,really lovely,and very comfy,got my trotters up on it now!
    *~ Also got a really nice bag for only £2 in charity shop..think she gave it to me cheap as I had just given her two bags full of the nicest things from my 27/9. It’s exactly what I was looking for.
    *~ I think it’s 486 items if my maths correct that are no longer in my home after double 27/9. Am really happy with the results!
    *~ Saw a friends daughter,last time I saw her she had just given birth to a premature baby. He’s now 4 and loves nursery! Lovely to catch up with her.
    *~ Doing well on low carb/ keto. DD bought me a big bar of coconut ice,I nearly crumbled,but am saving it for Easter.
    *~ Coming home,it was still light 5:15 and people were still entering the park..springs not far off 💚💚xxx!hurray!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, good news about the booster. Yowser, loving the sound of your bargain buys. Yes, we had a good weekend thanks.

My positives are ….
    🚘 Good journey home yesterday evening, despite appalling weather.
    ♻️ my 2nd round of 27/9 challenge kicked off today and I’m loving it! Planning to take another batch of discarded items to the charity shop tomorrow.
    🙂 visit to friends this evening, nice to catch up.

My look forward to for tomorrow, is baking a batch of almond crackers.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    Yowzer sounds like a great day. My SIL lives in Poulton-Le-Fylde but we didn’t get there because the weather was awful so decided to take a rain check until the weather is a bit better. But , Ego in Sefton or The Fishpool Inn in Delamere are both good if you fancy a drive.
    Sunny glad you had a good weekend.
    Natalie I remember when my daughter was an “L” driver…. the stress!
    My weight is creeping, and I mean creeping, but it is down, really slowly but I do have a few ‘real’ positives ……
    🥦📚🫒 Rediscovered my Fast 800 Recipe book today. I’d forgotten I even had it but it’s renewed my enthusiasm.
    🧺🧺🧺 Laundry well underway. Now just have the ironing to do!
    🌷🌷🌷 Our friend brought some tulips when she came for dinner last week which she said were the only cut flowers that keep growing …. she’s right… they’ve grown by at least two or three inches! Who would have thought! Very enjoyable anyway and certainly bring a smile to my face,
    So my ‘look forward to ‘ for tomorrow ….. can’t say ironing is a ‘look forward to’ but I have to do that , even though I to do my ‘fun’ to do ….checking the receipts of my credit card statements ….. fun…. who knows …. but needs to be done!
    Have a good day.

• posted by Natalie
    on

📕 Big positive I have bought the Fast 800 keto book and I’m really enjoying reading it, looking forward to stopping faffing around and get strict and get results (I’ve lost a little bit of weight in the past week, which I’m happy with considering my level of compliance so far). Love the start of chapter 3 “The Fast 800 Keto is a keto-based diet (the clue is in the name).” LOL!
    🪴 I had a tradesman coming, I heard and saw the truck but no one came to the door. I went out and saw him coming down the neighbours driveway, saying into his phone “no one is home” so I called out to him. Yay, so glad I didn’t miss him. The receptionist has already apologised for the mistake on the paperwork.
    💉 My booster shot was postponed because they had problems with the fridge they store the shots in, but I was able to reschedule for tomorrow so that is fine. And more importantly the hospital rang today to finally schedule my colonoscopy, which has been delayed for months due to COVID. Not that I enjoy colonoscopies, but I want to get it done and ticked off.

Verano I didn’t know tulips kept growing in a vase! How fascinating, I’ll have to try that.

Yowzer I got a pouffe recently and I love it! Big grey squishy thing. Funny thing was no one else I know has heard the word, I have to call it a footstool. Footrest? I’m pretty sure my mother called them pouffes, we had one when I was a child. More oddly, neither she nor anyone else knew what an Afghan (woollen throw rug, lap rug) was so I don’t know where I got that word – not from her apparently!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NATALIE my pouffe is grey too! And big n so comfy! Now I come to think of it,people do say footstool these days! Funny how words come in / go out of usage.
    VERANO i love Ego! Sad that it moved from Hope street tho.
    SUNNY good luck with 27/9 Mark 2!👍
    My positives..
    * ~ it’s still quite early so not too many as yet but
    *~ Got my feet up on my new pouffe! Yay so comfy xx
    *~ Long newsy email from friend in Leighton Buzzard!
    *~ Doing v well on keto diet at the moment. Seem to have tamed both my Carb Monster and my Inner Chimp,who are usually both tormenting me and tempting me.
    Have a great day /evening everyone xxx!
    Today is where your book begins,The rest is still unwritten!” ( Natasha Bedingfield)
    🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

My positives
    🐇Saw a rabbit on yesterday’s walk.
    🩴Had a lovely walk along the beach today in the sunshine, lovely to listen to the waves crashing and the seagulls.
    🌷Purple crocuses have appeared in my garden, spring is on its way.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    Good to read all your positives they always make smile. Mind you today has been bright and sunny which always makes me smile too!
    So to my positives …..
    📚🖊📂 Went through the credit card statements today, what a great weight lifted. I’ve not checked them for a few months so we had a stack of receipts. Between the two of us it only took 25 minutes and we even found a refund we’d forgotten about.
    ☀️💐☀️Lovely sunny day … always a positive. Really lifts the spirits.
    🐟🥦🧄 Lovely sea bass with loads of vegetables, flat green beans, asparagus, sprouts, mashed cauliflower and a lovely mushroom sauce for dinner last night. Never thought I would see the day when vegetables were the ‘main’ part of the meal! Really enjoy vegetables so much more now.
    All in all a good day.
    Tomorrow my ‘look forward to’ is watching a Netflix documentary ‘Found’, about three Chinese girls, adopted by American families, who then discover they are cousins and want to trace their roots. In the mid 90’s we were in a hotel in China where there appeared to be lots of western men with Asian babies. At the time, until somebody told me, I didn’t realised that the hotel was a ‘dropping off’ point for abandoned baby girls who were then adopted by western families! Looking forward to watching their journey.
    Hope Thursday is full of positives!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, well done on nabbing your tradesman. Sure it’s saved a lot of hassle. 🤞your booster happens tomorrow.
    Yowser, loving the analogy of a mischievous inner chimp! 27/9 round 2 going well thanks, it’s proving a very beneficial exercise in many ways.
    Elle, enjoy your crocus, they are such hopeful cheery little blooms.
    V, well done on braving the credit card admin… one of those less enjoyable tasks, but the refund was a pleasant surprise I’m sure.

My positives for today are …
    👚👖 laundered the outfit I bought yesterday, ready for wearing on Saturday … looking forward to it.
    🍲 a catch up lunch with grandson, although I confess I’m now a little concerned about his mental health, as he openly admits he is becoming reclusive and is losing social skills. However, determined to get him out and about more and stay in closer contact.
    📝 have started making lists for our trip at the end of March, which will actually encompass a second trip within it, making things more complex. Always feel more in control when I have lists for trips away🤭😆 and this one needs a bit more detail than usual.
    ⌛finally got around to unpacking ornaments put away last year, when the living room refurb started. Nice to have some back out on display, as they are all connected to various vacations we have taken, so are full of memories.

Finding something to look forward to for tomorrow is perhaps not so easy today, as the only plans I have for this Thursday is made up of run of the mill domestic stuff. So, think I’ll just say I’m looking forward to finding out what tomorrow brings.

What were the highlights of your day?

• posted by Natalie
    on

🚶🏼‍♀️I went for a walk today, it was a lot harder than it used to be but I can be proud that I am working on my fitness.
    🐥 kookaburras chortling in the trees as I walk past
    💍 wearing the lovely earrings my husband gave me for Christmas
    🥩 stuck to the diet really well today

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ELLE-MAE how lovely to walk on the beach! 💕
    Hope you enjoy Netflix today V! X
    SUNNY hope your routine day goes well…you sound like a lovely Nana! X
    NATALIE I saw a kookaburra for first time in my life on tv yesterday..so beautiful! X
    My highlights today…
    *~ Saw my hairdresser,she had to cancel last weeks appts as she had covid…..all well today!
    *~ Wasn’t with Beau so popped into local health shop to catch up with lovely lady who cooks the most delicious healthy and appetising meals! She noticed I’d lost weight! That always improves my day 😀
    *~ Took a walk in a different direction.. a route I haven’t been along for two years! Really enjoyed it as it’s sunny,bright and breezy today!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps! How could I have forgotten to reportTHIS positive!😀
    *~ I’ve ordered TA DA! notepads for myself,DD and SIL. I’ve decided I prefer to say Ta Dah! I think the h adds a little je ne sais quoi..more magical somehow! 🥳

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, holding you responsible for this Yowser …. ordered myself a Ta Da notebook today! But I agree, I too prefer Ta Dah!

Time to find the positives from today ….
    🐶 decided to ‘adopt a dog’ with a well know charity as a valentine gift for OH. Can’t actually have a dog as we travel so much, so thought this might be a fun alternative …. especially as the dog in question has the same name as him!
    🤸‍♀️ loosly made arrangements for youngest granddaughter to visit for a few day next week, just need to firm up her exact day of arrival with my son. Love to spend time with her, she’s a joy to have around.
    🧺 did a batch of hand washing today … one of those tasks I keep delaying, so good to get it out of the way.
    🙂 still doing well with the 27/9 challenge… 5 more days to go on this round, but will almost certainly look to do another round after this one. I have made it my first task everyday, to find 27 items to be despatched or ‘reassigned’. I’m loving it and find it really energising.
    Looking forward to taking grandson to see his uncle’s band tomorrow night, two of his cousins will also be in attendance too, so will be a good family evening.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I had my booster shot yesterday and I am feeling very sick and miserable, my whole body aches. But those are the days when it’s even more important to find the positive!
    🛀 a hot bath to soak away the pain. I love baths so much.
    💧 my husband bringing me a glass of cool water.
    🛌 bed! Tim and I call our bed “the temptress”, not for any naughty reason but just because it’s so tempting to lie down and give in to the softness. And I will.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

GET WELL SOON NATALIE! Enjoy your bath and bed ..the simple pleasures are the best!
    Oh SUNNY it’s lovely to adopt an animal..I have a dog and cat and get updates on them..I even get “ letters” off Barnstaple the dog! I’ve got a wild animal too but can’t remember what it is,maybe a tiger? I don’t get updates so I’ve forgotten..
    Enjoy watching the band with GS and seeing GD next week 💚💜
    *~ Poor DD had migraine yesterday..pleased to say she’s a lot better today tho still not great.
    *~ While she was suffering yesterday,I managed to get hair appt for her tomorrow. She was panicking a bit about not having her hair done before important work trip to Oxford next week. I do enjoy being her secretary sometimes! Makes me feel useful!
    *~ Beau’s bday next week and have got his presents sorted and wrapped. Also wrapped and ready,present for his granddaughter ( bargain,reduced to £20 from £35 and it’s just what she wants!) Also for SIL in a few weeks..just a few small things to open as he mainly wants money to get hifi stuff.
    That’s me for today folks! Have a great weekend and remember…
    The scales arent always our friends but we’re getting healthier on the inside which is the main thing. 🥳

• posted by Natalie
    on

🎂 Today the family finally got together to celebrate my daughter’s 18 birthday – everyone recovered from COVID – and we had a house full of 19 happy people
    🎉 I am finally feeling much better after a few days spent mostly in bed
    🎲 we played Trivial Pursuit, and the my tactful splitting the group into fair teams worked out so well that when we had to stop for dinner it was a 3-all tie three ways

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NATALIE that sounds so lovely! 19 happy family members getting together 💜 I’m glad you perked up after after effects of jab.X
    SUNNY enjoy time with yr granddaughter. Hope you enjoyed seeing the band! X
    My positives today..
    *~ So pleased… yesterday DD and SIL got out for a late lunch.DD has health probs and weekends are usually spent resting after a week in work and catching up on chores,so it was good to know that they had some quality time out and about.
    *~ I’ve just finished 12 day mini challenge over on the 100 days to Easter thread..I lost 11 3/4 lbs. About half will be water as I was carb heavy the few days prior to starting,but am pleased even so,specially as it took me down into another stone.
    *~ Have just read and copied and pasted this…thoughts for week ahead..
    “Think of your life as a garden and this blended currency of time, energy, and money is the “water.” You’ve got “plants” (or important things in your life) that you need to keep watering, but you have a limited amount of “water” to give.
    So, how do you learn to prioritize? Here are some key questions you need to ask yourself:
    What’s currently getting watered and why?
    Is it enough?
    What’s thriving, and what’s withering?
    What weeds have snuck into your garden?
    How much time, money, and/or energy does this “plant” need from me to stay alive? How about to thrive?”

Best wishes for a great week,and if like me you’re experiencing wild and woolly stormy weather,hold on to your hollyhocks! 😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕😀💕

• posted by Verano
    on

Well ….YOWZER …. don’t try and justify a loss of nearly 12lbs…. well 12lbs really!
    That loss is fantastic…. take it with both hands and …. RUN WITH IT! Brilliant you!
    Just a quick hello from me ….. hope you are all well… all good here …. have a good week.
    Can’t believe it’s Monday AGAIN tomorrow.
    Have a week full of positives!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all,welcome to a new week!
    Thanks for encouragement VERANO! X
    Lots of nice things to report today!
    *~ Lovely to see so many people buying flowers today! I know it’s a commercial rip off but still..so sweet,specially to see young guys looking a bit sheepish carrying bunches of flowers!
    *~ Fantastic to be in the park at 4 pm and it was sunny! Not so long ago it was dark by 4!
    *~ Getting some shopping earlier today,didn’t have quite enough room in my shopping bag for everything,was juggling three or four items in my arms ( a bit like Crackerjack but lots of people won’t get the reference! Unless you were a kid in the 50s/ 60s in the UK.) A man came up to me and said,I’ve got a spare bag..and gave it to me. Little acts of kindness mean so much.
    *~ My neighbour has just got an Alsatian,only a baby still,she’s beautiful! DD and me are so excited about her,she will help fill the gap left when little Teddy the Westie died ( RIP)
    *~ Talking to a waitress in our favourite cafe.m she was telling us she was locked down in Peru for 8 months. Seven of them sharing a house and only one person allowed out just once a week to shop for everyone. Nobody allowed out for walks. It was interesting to hear about her experience. We had it so much easier in comparison.
    * ~ Spoke to a neighbour I haven’t met before,a really lovely young guy,one of those people you just get a lovely positive and kind vibe from.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for all the positive posted over the last few days. It’s been hectic here, with visitors coming and going and grabbing time with grandchildren. So, hectic or not, it makes for some positives to report ….
    🙂 visit from old friends over the weekend. Had a lovely meal out and caught up on news in person.
    🤗 son brought granddaughter to stay over with us for a few days. Great to see him, if a little briefly and enjoying having her stay.
    🌳 two grandchildren and I took a walk at a local animal sanctuary … enjoyable despite the cold wind! Good to get out in the fresh air.
    I’m sure there are more positives, but they are the top three for today. What about yours?

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Today’s positives
    Went out for a lovely late lunch 🍛
    The sun was shining ☀️
    Got engaged 💍

Please log in or register to post a reply.