New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Kazzi, the wine recovery time, i.e., 7 days, IS a little depressing, I
    agree. But the knowledge could be used to give us pause when
    working thru a “fu*k it”, moment, yes? I’m going to think of it
    that way! Congratulations on choosing a chipmunk selection
    of nuts and a pot of tea to burrow down with while watching t.v.

LeeLee, I just announced this past Sat. that salads are now off
    the menu until next year. Like you, I’m really aware of being
    colder now that I’ve lost 146.5lbs. of insulation. My thoughts
    are trying to focus on heartier fare, soups to start. We all have
    our national comfort foods, but here in the U.S. that doesn’t include
    a lot of mash or savory pies. I appreciate some heat in my food,
    and I find the recipes Esnecca posts really inspiring. On another
    thread, she recently provided some great ideas on how to use
    kimchi in soup/stew preparations, which I’m excited to try. With
    respect to my kimchi experiments of late, I find this to be a
    fabulous food. All the initial “olfactory side effects” have abated!
    I hope my gut biome appreciates it ๐Ÿ™‚ On your long days in the
    office having dinner for lunch is a promising idea. O/H has a
    very long day in the lecture hall on Mondays, 10:30am to 9:00pm,
    and I pack dinner for lunch and serve him lunch at 10:00pm when
    he gets home. It does help him to have enough energy to get thru
    that particular day of the week. Give it a try, and let us know
    how it works for you!

Everybody else, I hope that you’ve had an excellent day!

Much love,

Allie

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Morning lovelies,

I hope you are all well. It is a lovely sunny morning here and I love autumnal sunshine. What I like to call “A good to be alive day.”

Yesterday was interesting. I got up and collected my 1 year old granddaughter, then spent the day with her. She is such a delight and so loving. She prefers her ‘Poppa’ to her Nonna though…but I do get lots of cuddles. I have the 5 months old today for the first time! I have been given strict instructions not to allow her to ‘watch’ the TV. Lol. I would be insulted if it wasn’t for the fact that I love my daughter. She has read a book so knows all about children…this ex teacher and grandmother knows nothing. Trust me…if that baby cries for ages like she did the other day, (because she doesn’t like not being in her mothers arms) that TV is going to be on! Hey Duggee is a favourite lol.

Jovis is still searching for a job and I have to say I am surprised. I thought he would at least have interim by now…our money runs out in February and I am very aware of how quickly time flies!

Solange, you have come to the right place. One glass is not enough for me. In fact neither is one bottle. It is a real struggle for me not to drink as I don’t need an excuse. Although, it has to be after 6 o’clock usually. It is also wine that is my problem. My observation is that many, many people have this problem, but don’t admit to it. We all have different methods of not drinking. One is visualising something disgusting in the glass or being poured out of the bottle. Another is putting it off for later. Are you pledging for Sobertober? Do you have support? Let us know how you got on with your counsellor?

The 7 day recovery of the liver does rather make one think. But, it isn’t enough to stop a dedicated drinker! There are two Doctors on TV in the UK. Twins…Chris and Zand Van Tulleken. They did an experiment with alcohol. One drank in one go…got totally smashed and the other drank the same amount but over a week. Then they had their liver looked at again. They had almost identical results and it was quite bad! They were told it would take about 6-8 weeks of non drinking for their livers to recover. So one week seems a bit short to me!

Right, time to have a cup of tea now. Then a quick tidy up before the baby arrives. Heather and Bluebell are quiet at the moment, I hope it’s just life getting in the way and that you haven’t fell out with us lol.

Love to all,
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Morning friends and happy weekend!

Solange – welcome, you are indeed in the right place for support and vats of tea! Glad you are linking arms with us ๐Ÿ™‚

Allie/Nonna Mary – I think my f*ck it moments are about to rapidly diminish! The doc wants to talk to me about my recent blood test results! Yikes! We have a phone consultation booked in for next Thursday! So, a bum clenching week ahead to find out…. *sigh* Blood tested for liver and kidney function, cholesterol and T2 Diab. I have a feeling I am about to have a similar conversation to the one our Liz had with her doc that started this thread off! Ah well, there’s that kick up the bum! At least I know I can turn things around with this WOE.

Meanwhile, I’m out for a very meagre lunch tomorrow with mum and aunt. Sunday I’m going for a walk and hopefully find a pile of leaves to jump in and kick about when no one is looking! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ok friends, hope everyone is well and soldiering on….

See you soon

Kazzzzzzer xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hello everyone? Not many here nowadays! I had a non scales victory today…I bought some blingy shoes for my holiday earlier the year and didn’t wear them as they were a little tight. Not today though. I have them on now!

Had a good day with my baby granddaughter and my daughter survived so wants me to do it again in a weeks time! RESULT…she did cry a lot, but I have every patience with babies and children (non for adults), so I played with her and loved her. I was rewarded with the most amazing smiles and cuddles. I am so blessed.

Having a fast day today as tomorrow the clan come around to celebrate two birthdays….Jovis and my Son in Laws. I will be cooking ribs, so that is what I will eat. Both my daughters are trying to cut back on carbs so not sure what to serve with the ribs. oops hadn’t thought that through!

Hope you are well. Take care,

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Kazzi, how dreadful that you have to wait an entire week for
    blood test results! Is this typical for NHS? My imagination is
    always worse than any actual health challenge I have to face.
    Here in the U.S. most of us still have private health care, and
    I usually get a call from my Dr. the same day results cross his
    desk. I feel for you, having to wait. Are you prediabetic or
    have T2D in your family? Try your best to keep busy over
    the weekend, enjoy lunch with your Mum, and do definitely
    go wild with the autumn leaves. Reminds me of childhood!
    Please make sure to check in after receiving your results,
    I’ll be waiting it out with you…….

Extra hugs,

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, my lovlies! I hope everyone who is armed with new goals is
    feeling strong going into the weekend.

Heather, Hello66, how are you? We miss you!

Mary, it IS a bit quiet here, isn’t it? Funny about the shoes – I
    had the same experience. A pair of slippers that used to be too
    tight across the front I now walk out of. I do remember reading
    a recommendation from one big loser to not purchase any new
    shoes until weight loss was over. I guess it must be true!
    You’ve been very busy with the Grandies. It sounds like a lot
    of fun. Do you babysit weekly? Ribs for the joint birthday party?
    Yum yum. Have a happy day, but don’t wear yourself out. Let
    your beautiful daughters help out in the kitchen. ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a wonderful weekend, all!

Much love,

Allie

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi Allie. Yes I love having my Grandies even though it wears me out! There is a reason we don’t have babies as we get older. My eldest daughter has started her own business so I have her children quite a lot to help out. It is great. The eldest (who is only 3) is at pre-school since September, so I get his sister for a time. She is so wonderful and I cannot be sad when she is around, she just never stops smiling!

My other daughter has been very protective of her baby so I was a little surprised that she asked me to have her while she went into work (she works part time at home). I think they needed to be apart for a short while. Sometimes we forget that other people can be just as capable with our kids. She will now become more confident. It is a compliment to me that she wouldn’t leave her with anyone else. It is also important for me to build a rapport with her and she is such a lovely little thing.

I am cooking ribs because I find them the easiest to do. Once they are in the oven that’s it, until they are served. The girls will indeed help out where needed. They also do the same at Christmas (which I am already planning).

Kazz, the beauty of having grandchildren is that I can jump in leaves and puddles whenever I like and people think I am being a fun grandmother. Although I must admit, I do it anyway! Please don’t fret over the blood results. My Doctor phones because it is easier than having me in. The last time it was just to tell me that there was nothing wrong, but they wanted me to have another test in 6 months. The tests you mention are pretty standard. I can ask for result from the receptionist, maybe you can too. Worrying won’t make the results any different. One of my mottos is….”worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but gets you nowhere! I still worry though it’s in my nature.

On a plus side…all that butt clenching will give you great glutes!

I am fasting again today. I am hoping to get under 17 stone on Tuesday.

Take care peeps!

Lots of love,
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Searchingrockpools
    on

Oh nooo… I just made a big long post and it disappeared. i will write again tomorrow. Sorry it was a lengthy one. Lost my mojo now. I’ll try recreate it tomorrow. Happy Weekend all. Day 6 and still going strong with Octsober and BSD. Check in tomorrow. Night all, I’m off to sleep, when it eventually comes.
    hugs to all xxoo
    Searching rockpools

• posted by alliecat
    on

Haha Mary, great glutes! Very funny ๐Ÿ™‚ For some strange reason,
    I’m feeling mildly depressed today. Thank you for making me laugh.
    Laughter releases endorphins, always a good thing! I understand
    your daughter very well. My sister was exactly the same way. In
    the course of raising 2 sons, my Mother was the only one she ever
    allowed to keep her children overnight, and I was allowed to babysit
    for 1 – 2hrs if Suzanne had an errand to run, but absolutely no one
    else. Ever. We have a lot of control freaks in our family, though ๐Ÿ™‚
    You have been so dedicated with your fasts. I don’t know how
    you do it! Fingers and toes crossed for your tues. weigh in. Enjoy
    your family celebration…
    Allie
    xoxoxo

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Back properly later (I have a day off…maybe)

But Mary, I have the same with shoes. My lovely leather knee high boots are too big now and they were my staple for winter but now gape round my calfs in a very unattractive way.

I feel a shopping spree coming on๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

L x

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Allie, it now looks as if the celebration will not take place as one daughter and family has stinking colds and the other daughter wont want to put her baby in danger of catching it. I don’t blame her either, neither would I. I am sorry you were feeling down, but we can’t be continually hyper…some times we come down to everyone else’s level and we feel it! Anyway, here are a couple of jokes…I hope they do the job…

What is brown and sticky?……A STICK

One snowman to another….can you smell carrots?

Why is a scarecrow so brilliant?….because he is outstanding in his field!

One night Superman was feeling very horny and couldn’t get a date so he decided to have a quick fly around the world to burn off some energy. He was flying over Wonder Woman’s garden and saw her sunbathing naked legs akimbo and decided to fly down have a quick…naughty…being so quick she wouldn’t notice. After he had flown off…Wonder Woman said “what was that?” and the Invisible Man said “I don’t know but my arse is sore!”

What are the three 2 letter words a man never wants to hear?…..is it in…

What goes in dry…comes out wet and pleases two people? A Tea Bag!

Keeeeep laughing!

Leelee, a shopping trip! I can’t wait, but it won’t be necessary for me until next year some time. You must be pleased for such results though.

Searchingrockpools, I look forward to reading your post. Good to ‘see’ you.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh, Mary, we can always count on you for a giggle! I particularly
    enjoyed the Superman joke, and it came perilously close to sending
    water spraying from my nose, as I was in mid swallow when I read it ๐Ÿ™‚
    I think I was a little off yesterday, because I had just opened the post,
    and it contained the final disbursement check from my Mother’s
    estate…I so miss her company and wise council. She was one of
    those very rare women who is stunningly beautiful, and utterly
    oblivious to the fact. She was widowed at the age of 47, and had to
    re-enter the work force after 22 years of being a housewife. I
    am so proud of her for being able to manage her finances in such
    a way as to be able to leave a nest egg for her 3 daughters in excess
    of $500,000 US dollars. It’s humbling, indeed.

I’m sorry your celebration had to be postponed awhile, but it makes
    absolute sense.

Back soon,

Lots of love,

Allie

• posted by asecondautumn
    on

Hello, you lovely bunch of people.

Checking in again after a rather horrific couple of weeks, I’m afraid. I’ve had a rough time with anxiety and depression for the last few years, but thought I had it under good control. Sadly, the cumulative effects of a sad event at my stressy job, bereavement and the confirmation that a beloved family member is going to need major surgery knocked me off my perch to the point of panic attacks and inability to function, and meant that my doc decided I’m not ok for work at the moment. It’s making me so cross because I’ve worked hard to keep myself ok these last few years, but hey ho, medics know best.

So it’s anti-depressants for me for the foreseeable future. My doc has recommended I keep to a healthy diet, and the one upside of all this is that I’ve lost nearly 8lbs!

It’s been so great to check in and read through your posts – a little bit of normality in the chaos. Thank you for posting ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hey, Asecondautumn, I’m relieved to see you back here! I’ve been
    wondering how you were doing…I’m sorry you have been struggling
    with panic attacks. I know how debilitating they can be. Anti-depressants
    can be a very helpful adjunct to therapy, but it does take some patience
    and trial and error to arrive at a medication that works for you. Try to
    hang in there. I had to try 3 different ones before arriving at one
    that was effective. (Lexapro) My experience was that it took up to
    3 weeks to get concentrations up to therapeutic levels. Let
    us know how we an help!

Hugs,

Allie

on

Hello, allie!!!

Thank you for the kind note, and I’m trying to be patient and let things take their course, but that’s tricky with the panic-y-ness. I think the one you mention is the same as I’m taking – called citolopram in the UK.

I’m trying to take things one day at a time and do my best to be kind to myself, but I know these things take a while to act. I’m also waiting for a therapy referral which may take 6 months (!) so baby steps.

Sending good thoughts out to you all.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Asecondautumn, welcome back. So sorry you have had a shitty few weeks. I hope the ‘happy pills’ work for you. I read somewhere that over 90% of people (and I am one of them) will have taken them at some point in their lives, so you are not alone. Michael Mosely does recommend “Mindfulness” which is a form of meditation. It has been documented as helping people who suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and depression. What helped me was getting a dog, but that is a little extreme. I see you are on Citalopram, a very commonly prescribed and well tolerated pill. As Allie said, they sometimes take a few weeks to work and sometimes need changing. I took some and became a zombie, so had them changed after a few weeks. Make a mood diary of how you feel as this is a useful tool to measure how well they are working. Most of all keep coming on here for support, to have a moan or just read about other peoples victories. They could be yours too. Bloody well done for losing over half a STONE! My head would probably have been firmly in a bottle and my weight rocketing. You are an effing star!

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Allie, what a wonderful Mother. You obviously take after her! She gave you the tools to live your life and deal with your stresses. The money is just a bonus.

I lost my mother 10 years ago. I loved her very much and miss her a lot. So I can feel the pain in your words, as well as the pride for what she was, not only to you, but to everyone. Treasure the fact that you carry her genes and wisdom and that you have spread them to others.

I am glad you liked the jokes. I was a little afraid someone might take offence and report them lol.

Keep smiling.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Woo hoo Hello everyone Happy Sunday
    I was a bit despondent after losing my big long post. Oh well I hope this post doesn’t get gobbled into cyber space. I started to get a bit paranoid, as at the time towards the end of the post.
    I was typing about how I thought the Las Vegas shooter guy was a pretty good shot, to make head shots, have such a sophisticated arsenal, and such knowledge, so I was purporting that the “itinerant accountant” sounds more like a spy/ inside job gone rogue, and who is to say it was just him?
    That tragedy of such unprecedented enormity has been weighing on my mind. My heart goes out to all the families and loved ones of the responders, deceased, victims of the carnage injured, and not. Such a horrendous thing.

The world’s people are suffering in such a deplorable way at the moment, with the genocide/ hungry in Syria, Myanmar, too many African nations to mention individually, Middle East, Russia,the aftermath of the hurricanes in central and North America.
    Not to mention just the everyday people doing it tough, unseen near and far.

Then we have all these megalomaniacal world leaders posturing, some more than others, to which we all will ultimately reap the consequences when it inevitably goes too far! Sorry for the blab… It might get deleted probably not permitted to write about such things.
    Back to my buddies, sorry to hear you were a bit down Allie, your Mum sounded like an amazingly determined woman, you obviously have many of her qualities too! Thank you and Mary for the research and explanations of the autophagy, fasting etc. You guys are really into this way of life, it is so encouraging.
    Mary I wrote about lovely it must be to have your grandies, and especially to have some precious time with your youngest grandaughter, you are very blessed indeed. Tired afterwards too I imagine.
    A shame the family didn’t get to celebrate the birthdays with the rib fest. Change of season brings out all the lurgies, I always say!

Kazzi, I wish you hugs and reassurances,I hope your doctor check in is OK. I think if you stick with this bsd way, which you seem to be doing really well, then perhaps you don’t have as much to fear not to minimise your concerns, but if you know what I mean you are already living a lifestyle to attempt to reverse all the numbers and diagnoses if you know what I mean. I Sorry I ramble, but clumsily, I’m trying to say…You’ve got this! And you have an added arsenal up your sleeve…you have us!

We’ve got your back too Asecondautumn. So sorry to hear of such a horrible shit storm that has descended on you, be kind to yourself. The meds as the other wise women before me have said will take a bit to get the levels up. As you have only just started the meds, like the others say try it first, one thing lots of people don’t know but a not so commonly reported side effect of starting antidepressants can be an increase in anxiety, agitation and dark or suicidal thoughts, even if you didn’t have these before.
    IF it happens just know it is most likely the medication, don’t act on these thoughts, but do seek assistance at your Emergency room or your doctor. This can be freaky, if you didn’t know it is a side effect and will pass, seek company to distract you through this time if you can. I’m definitely not trying to deter you from taking the meds, trying to be reassuring, IF, this happens, which is not likely, but would hate for you to suffer alone not knowing this info. If it happens it usually occurs within the first week, so don’t get too worried.
    I’m sorry for all of you that lost your Mums, I lost mine as a 10yr old, but I cannot imagine the loss, and immense pain as an adult after having formed a relationship with your mother as an adult. I think as a kid I didn’t know any difference it was just how it was.
    But I’m pretty sure 10years ago, in my opiod induced fog post emergency caesarean, my mum came and sat on my bed. So she, alike your mum’s won’t be too far away if you believe that way of thinking. Big love and hugs all around xxxxoooo

Well BSD and me, i’m struggling recently to stay at 800 cals, we have had a cold snap over last two weeks and being hungry in cold weather, is H U N G R Y. So I ‘m having bowl of nat yoghurt with fresh fruit which puts me over the 1000, but never much more than 1000.

But my weight is still down I’m at 89.9kg so on my way to Christmas weight…

I am still Sober in October too. So I’m doing great on that front! How is everyone else going?

Off to hang washing out while there is wee bit of sunshine outside. Go gently everyone, love to all, and those I’ve missed out not intentional xxxooo

Searching rockpools in the spring sunshine
    xxxxoooo

on

PS the jokes Mary, very welcomed light comedic relief xx

on

Good morning to Mary and Alliecat – thank you for the supportive words, and the advice on the side-effects of the magic pills. I’ve got a few I can tick off the list (increased anxiety, restlessness) but they’re manageable at the moment. I want to give them a good enough go to see if they have any effect on my mood overall, and get back to work when I can. I’ll keep looking in on you all here and wishing you all the best in your efforts, trials and tribulations! Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Searchingrockpools I am sensing a little depression in your words, and of course you are right about the world, BUT, and it is a BIG BUT, the world isn’t really any different now from 100 odd years ago. 1917 Was towards the end of a horrific war, women had no votes, gay people were imprisoned, women who complained or got pregnant out of wedlock were locked in asylums….I could go on. The difference is communication….there is far more now and we hear more. 100 years ago you wouldn’t have know about Myanmar, or Syria, television etc means we KNOW about the world, not that it is different. I am not saying I don’t feel for people and fear for my loved ones (here comes a big but again) but, I can only change what I do and help where I can. So can you. We have to trust that things will work out.

Well done for staying sober! I fell off the wagon last night, but I am climbing back on today. I will be making stew today as it is getting cold here too! I love stew, even though the carbs are probably a little high (will have to work that out later). I am going to fast tomorrow, so I think I can afford them. I make a huge amount of stew and we eat it over a few nights and freeze the rest. I also love soups and will be making a batch soon for the freezer.

Glad you liked the jokes. I have just watched a very funny video clip from an american TV programme. It is on YouTube. I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t laugh at it….it’s called….Classic Tim Conway – The Dentist….hope it makes you giggle.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Wow! Didn’t know I could do that. Enjoy!

on

Hi Mary
    You are so right, I think with the media blaring all the negativity all day every day, you need a refreshing perspective like yours. No not depressed, the content may seem so, but ironically I am the least depressed I have been in years.
    Not sure if it is the BSD eating, or very minimal alcohol over the last month ( Sept/Oct). I suspect probably the combination. I find myself singing to myself randomly these days, something i haven’t done for a long time.
    But I tell you what your Dentist clip had me cackling to outright belly laughing, the dogs got up and walked out, they peeked around the corner from the kitchen to see what was making me so loud. I love a good belly laugh complete with tears streaming. Thanks for the sensible advice and laughs. Yum.. Stew, I haven’t made that in eons.
    Well everyone, that’s another weekend done and dusted almost here down under. Catch you on tomorrow, hopefully lighter. XXOOO
    Seeking rockpools

• posted by alliecat
    on

Mary, Searchingrockpools (can I call you SRP?), I’m deeply touched
    by your thoughts about me, in terms of my Mother. I did speak to
    her often when dealing with my husband’s health concerns over the
    course of the past year, asking her to help me handle my fear with
    the same degree of strength and grace that she always exhibited
    in her life. It did help a lot! I’m sorry you lost your very long post,
    SRP, but it was well worth waiting for when it came. The world
    does seem to be in utter chaos at the moment. I of course don’t
    know the opinion of other 1st world nations regarding the right
    role for the U.S. to play on the global stage, but from the perspective
    of this American, I lay a great deal of it at the door of Barack
    Obama, and his abysmal failed policies on the national as well
    as international fronts. Everything from sports to weather has
    become grotesquely politicized as a result of his presidency.
    It remains to be seen if we as a nation can recover from it!
    Mary, brilliant of you to know how to post a link to that comedy
    routine. I’m very familiar with it, a classic!, and I dare anyone
    to get thru it without laughing in boisterous fashion. I hope
    you didn’t miss your favorite program on Sat. nite. We were
    watching “Doc Martin”! I love the countryside of Cornwall. Is
    Port Wen an actual place?

Everyone else, if your weekend involved a roll off the wagon,
    just climb back on. All we have to do is get on one more time
    than we fall off, and we’ll get where we want to go! Wishing
    everyone a good evening/nite. Be back tomorrow…..

Lots of love,

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

My lovelies, I meant to include this in my post! Since we have been
    discussing our livers recently, I listened to a you tube video a while ago
    on the benefits of nutritional support and detoxification of the liver
    thru the inclusion of a lot of cruciferous vegetables in the diet. I
    can’t put my hands on it at the moment, but here is a link to
    the health benefits of these vegetables in general. I eat an assortment
    of these, alternating with steamed spinach every day of the week,
    along with my wonderful kimchi! I hope the link works…
    http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?name=btnews&dbid=126
    Best

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Of course it doesn’t work! I’m a hopeless luddite. By googling
    the name of the article (it’s on the whfoods site) you can access it.
    Eating Healthy With Cruciferous Vegetables
    Sorry for the inconvenience!!!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi Allie. I think you may be more informed on our politics than we are with yours. I have no opinion on Obama or Trump, or any other politician that I am willing to share with anyone but Jovis lol. The only thing I will say is that I don’t believe everything I read or see on TV. I took my degree in History and I am so aware of propaganda, I am sceptical about everything reported. I no longer read newspapers as the only thing I believed was the date at the top of the page and then only for one day!

Thank you for the link. I eat a diet high in these vegetables and have just found out they can affect my Thyroid because I am under active. However, I can’t and wont stop eating them!

I love that you enjoy Doc Martin. It is filmed at Port Isaac in Cornwall, on location so it is possible to visit it. I may just do that one year. It’s about a 4 hour drive from here. Cornwall is a very beautiful place although quite hilly. We were in a place called Looe when Jovis had his funny turn. We should really go back just to ‘break the duck’ as it were.

My stew is simmering and smells so amazing I can’t wait to eat it. Roll on 7 o’clock. When I will watch the second part of my Strictly Come Dancing programme.

Have a good night, day, morning everyone.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Mary, “Doc Martin” is our favorite program. I’ve always been a fan of
    what is often described as “the dry english wit”. We also watch
    Masterpiece Theatre whenever we can find it., specifically, “Downton
    Abbey”, “Mr. Selfridge” and “Victoria”. Most of my family and close
    friends do the same. Thanks for the info on Port Isaac! I will
    fantasize about meeting up with you there, someday….. I can
    literally smell your stew. Enjoy!!!
    I’m very curious, how did you transition from a History major to
    teaching? What age were your students?
    Enjoy your program. I’ll catch up with you all, tomorrow.

Nighty night!

Allie
    xoxoxox

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Yay…good news….Jovis has a job! Interim for now, but salaried and holidays paid! R E S U L T !! I am so proud.

Allie, I am pleased you like the dry English wit. I don’t watch any of those programmes lol. I did used to watch Doc Martin, it is really well written, but, I love American crime dramas like NCIS and sci-fi. I enjoy the subtle humour that isn’t there in English programmes. I always say, even undertakers have a sense of humour so there should always be some one liners!

The stew was lovely. Reheated for tonight!

Our education systems are different I think. When I became a teacher, there were two qualifications. A B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) and a “normal” degree in a qualifying subject and then a Post Graduate Diploma of Education. I took a B.Ed which looked at psychology of children, how to address special needs, assessment etc. Plus 50% had to be in a subject taught in schools. I love History so that was my major. However, what we teach in schools isn’t what I studied. I did modern history, from the French Revolution to the second world war. History is subjective to whoever writes the books. It is almost impossible to not put a personal bias or slant on something. Even our own personal history is changed each time we talk about it. I find it fascinating.

The children I taught ranged from 4 to 12. What we call primary and junior. I became a bit of an ‘expert’ with ‘difficult’ children and this burnt me out. Ill health didn’t help and I officially retired this year.

Enough about me! I do hope everyone is well. We seem to be missing so many at the moment.

Take care,
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Heather 44
    on

Hello my dear lovely Army!!!

Well I cant believe its been so long since I posted here! Its been a combination of things but some are a dose of the flu (for me- and it wasn’t really flu I don’t think just a terrible cold but I am still feeling the terrible effects) two very poorly chickens involving trips to the vet as well as very dedicated medicating all topped off by a visit from our 18 month old twin niece and nephew. They live in Inverness and we try to see them regularly. We love them dearly and love to have them but I will admit that we always flop down exhausted when they leave!

So nice to know that even if I cant check in with you guys as often as I would like at times, you are always here, always posting things that are thought provoking and funny at times. Thanks for the shout out and here I am checking in! Loved the conversation about mothers, it warms my heart to hear of others loving and thinking of their mothers, especially because I have no contact with mine and haven’t for about 10 years now. Mary love to hear that you seem to be so close to your daughter and I bet you are a lovely mum and grandmohter even if they drive you up the wall at times!

Sorry to hear that some of you have had such down days. Allie, its not like you at all but it is part of being human and I hope you feel better now. SRP my partner suffers from anxiety at times and it debilitates to the point of not being able to breathe. Oddly hers is around change (even change that she wants or is instigated by her) and its hard to tell when she is just being a bit pernickety and when that escalates into a full blown attack. I see how badly it affects her and I feel your pain.

Kazz, super gulp re the tests but you know what? You are already doing all you can! You are trying and no one can ask any more of you. Any word as yet?

Solange nice to have you! Like “meeting” new people here and if you want support you surely are in the right place!

I am doing well. Lost another 2lbs last week taking me to 14lbs in three weeks. Very happy with that but slightly disappointed to get nothing this week. Stayed the same. Do you think that’s normal in week 4? Doesnt make me want to go and eat a baked potato but still slightly irritating. I really hope that I do have this cracked but I am cautious about saying that as I have thought that before and its not been true!

Oh and the great news is that my sister has started this eating plan and in the first week lost 13lbs!!!! So that kept her going even though she didnt get anything off in the 2nd week. I guess the body just needs a little time to adjust to whats going on!

If I missed anyone or anything forgive me- this is why its best to check in regularly so that I can recall who said what! But I have read everything and as always dear people take strength and encouragement from you all.

Happy Monday! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by alliecat
    on

JOVIS and Mary, let me be the first of many to wish you congratulations
    on securing a job! I’m profoundly happy for you. During a protracted
    period of recession here our coffers grew seriously depleted, so I
    truly understand how stressful that can be. Sunnier days ahead! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m just grabbing a quick moment to send this off to you, and
    Ill be back later for a proper post. Well done, Jovis!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Allie

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Nonna Mary,
    Am still around and reading all your lovely posts every day, just not posting much due to unkind scales๐Ÿ˜But wanted to pop in and say a massive congrats to Jovis, really great news!! So happy for you both xxxxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for all your kind words of reassurance re the doc phone call this Thursday to discuss my blood test results. I’m OK. It’s just not happened before, him wanting to speak to me, and quite right that this WOE will correct things. I’ll let you know what he says.

2 lbs off for me (Sat weigh in) so now lost a total of 13 lbs in 8 weeks. 2 lbs towards my end of October goal of 9lbs. Which is probably a bit ambitious but we’ll see how it goes… ๐Ÿ™‚

Nonna Mary – absolutely delighted to hear Jovis has a job. WELL DONE, JOVIS!!! You must both be so relieved. Do you still plan to sell up and move?

Went out for lunch on Saturday, a pleasant cafe type place, but not a single vegetable on the menu. Quiche and salad was the healthiest choice, so had that but only ate the inside of the quiche and left the pastry! THAT was hard! ๐Ÿ™‚

Best get ready for work. Glad to see everyone is still battling on. In the words of Arnie, “I’ll be back”!

Oh, a couple of NSVs – had to scoot the car seat a couple of notches nearer the steering wheel and my bath sheet towel now properly meets when wrapped around me! Yay!!

See you all soon.

Kazzzzz xxx

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hello all ,

Congratulations to Jovis , fantastic news Nonna Mary , no wonder youโ€™re so proud oh him , & you must both feel very relieved ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Jovis ๐Ÿ˜Š

No scales at โ€˜ The Shack โ€˜ , so nothing to report on the weight front , but trying to stay on track as best I can !
    In saying that , Sea Air , and extra walking on the beach seems to increase my appetite , and itโ€™s been difficult to curb it , and over the years that is when
    The Carb Monster turns up !
    He turned up again today .
    Guess the only bonus is that he has turned up alone these past days , &; hasnโ€™t had Al dragging along with โ€˜ him โ€˜to tempt me / us !
    Thing is The C. Monster has been so very welcome there at times over the years , and has provided such comfort in times of need , and I get it that it could take a bit of time to prove to him he is no longer welcome !
    I did tell him to p… off today , and go find his mate Al , but it wasnโ€™t until he insisted on proving to me that Iโ€™m still a chocoholic !!
    Ok he made his point , he was spot on , and he left me feeling extremely nauseated , and very disappointed in myself , and as my darling Hubby WOULDNT , I had to whip my own butt !
    I admired his strength , he totally ignored TCM , in fact stated he didnโ€™t want any part of it , and went outside !
    Aside from that , had a wonderful long walk along the Coastline , lovely sunny warm day , gentle breeze only .
    Dinner tonight was a small lamb steak , some Brussels sprouts , cauliflower and broccoli , which wasnโ€™t sufficient to satisfy my hunger pangs , but I managed to settle for some blueberries and double cream , , I do hope that I will be able to keep away from the fridge until morning !
    I have just had a ginger and lemon tea , last drink for the evening , and will start tomorrow with a Fast for as many hours as I can , and will be on the watch for The C.M !
    Do hope you are feeling better Heather , good to hear you have lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks , makes me feel so pathetic that I canโ€™t just knuckle down and do better !
    So hope you are feeling on top of your game again too Allie ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
    Fantastic that your sister had such a great weight loss on her 1 st week also Heather ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Inka a friend of mine told me she has unkind scales , so she has shoved it in the corner of the bathroom , and intends to ignore it for a week , hoping to teach it a lesson !
    Mine are at home , have never wanted scales at our little Shack , it has always been a place to relax and enjoy , not to stress and deny ourselves .
    I may have a very different view when I weigh again in a few days on our return home .
    I have got food scales here though .
    Kazz as others have said you are doing the best you can , so your tests can only have improved surely , best of luck anyway with your Doc chat on Thurs .
    Your weight loss just proves how youโ€™ve embraced and adhered to this WOE ! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Youโ€™re going to smash your October goal of 9 lbs , mine is 7 lbs , I know after today if I donโ€™t adhere , thereโ€™s no way Iโ€™m going to make it .
    Iโ€™m going to sleep now , feeling very motivated , so hereโ€™s to a great tomorrow to everyone .
    Love H 66 xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hello everybody. Thank you so much for your support and kindness. Jovis attended the interview on Monday and was told straight away that he had the job. He started today. Apparently they didn’t interview anyone else, they wanted him. His ego took such a boost.

Finished a 24 hour fast today with the trots! Not too happy about that. It’s a little painful to sit, if you get my drift…TMI I know!

Good to see ‘old’ faces back. Please don’t think you can’t come on if you have problems with static scales. I don’t think mine will move again this week. Last week was an anomaly. Plus I have been a bit naughty too…sometimes you just have to!

Take care of yourselves and those who love you!

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m just thrilled for both Jovis and you! I hope you celebrated in
    a suitable fashion ๐Ÿ™‚ ???? A little naughtiness is called for, I think.
    This will have to be a quick one, because I’m trying to address all of
    the boring household chores I have grossly neglected while babying
    the concussion. Also rattling the pots and pans to fill up the freezer.
    I’m trying to get thru it by blasting a Whitney Houston CD in the
    background. Complaints from the neighbors may follow!

Will be back soon for you, Kazz, Hello66 and Heather.

Happy weigh in, everyone.

Allie
    xoxoxoxo

on

Good day all
    Yay Fantastic news Mary re Jovis’ job, such a relief! On many levels I’m guessing, so yay!
    I’m stil laughing at the numb handed dentist too.

I love Doc Martin and English tv shows and dramas also Allie.

Great to hear that your sister is on board Heather, hopefully it is encouraging for her with a huge first week scales win.

Kazza not long now til your doctor phone consult, you’ve got this!

On cruciferous vegie, that was an interesting read Allie.
    Don’t laugh, but I went and bought some kale, first time ever yesterday…I had no idea what to do with it so I popped it in the pan with my piece of salmon, spayed a bit of olive oil, and it went berserk, crackling and popping, I made crunchy kale. Probably cooked any goodness out of it, but it was nice enough. The frilly feel gave me the heebie jeebies wondering how that what be on mouth feel. No so bad it seems.

I’m still going strong on Octsober it’s the 11th so not quite half way, but getting there… I have a boarders reunion on Sunday morning so that might test me, as there will be bubbles with brunch.

I hope everyone is going well this week, Wednesday we call hump day, cos once you’ve got past the hump, you are heading for the weekend and it doesn’t seem to be such a drag….well that’s the positive psychology of it!

Planning on dusting off the exercise bike this eve. It currently holds coat hangers to dry clothes… might try a ride… we will see. Over and out. Back to work now.
    Go gently.
    Searching rockpools

on

But first…24 hour fast Nonna Mary, holy moley, or holy Mary… How the???

Sorry about the squits (squirts plus shits).
    Back later
    SRP xxxxooo

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Morning all. Again thank you for your good wishes re Jovis and job.

Spent the night coughing and have awoken after a really poor sleep, to a swollen neck, sore throat and general feeling of shittyness. It hasn’t helped that once again the scales have stuck and this is despite a couple of fasts.

The fasts are really easy. I stretched breakfast so that I didn’t eat before 12 noon, then my evening meal at 6/7 o’clock. Then just skipped breakfast. BUT, it doesn’t help if you have any booze or scratchings (my weakness…pork rinds to non uk). I am happy not to eat carbs, but if I tell myself I can’t have it …I want it more! Anyway, might knock fasting on the head because of this cold.

Heather…way to go with your loss and your sisters! Amazing. Are you doing any exercise…silly question…walking with a stick uses more energy…so amend that question to….do you do any extra exercise?

Hello66, I am living your life vicariously. You are doing well, keep going.

Allie, we haven’t celebrated at all yet. It was such a shock! We may do something Friday if I am well enough. My eldest DD and her brood have had this cold for 3 weeks so not a surprise I have now got it. Means I can’t see my lovely little Noodle though. Blimey, come to think of it, she was here yesterday! I so hope she doesn’t get this!

SRP, fasting is easy (see above). Some people on other threads do 48 hours…not sure I could manage that. I do drink a humungous amount though. Both tea and water. Unfortunately, with IBS the squits are a common problem. Saying that, I have had a great week which was spoiled yesterday. Anxious about plumber coming in today. I hate having workmen in (specially plumbers) in case I need the loo….re squits… what a life. But then really easy compared to some! I mean…there could be snakes in here lol.

Inka 13, lovely to see you again. Please come back quickly. You are missed.

Hope I haven’t forgotten anyone. Love to all.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Just re read yesterdays posts. So…

Allie, that is how I love to clean. Something loud on the system. Usually The Who. Then I power through anything else that needs doing, whilst singing at the top of my voice!

Heather, it is very normal to plateau around the fourth week. You may get a visit from the whoosh fairy next week. You have lost in a few weeks what I have lost in 3 months!

H66, you minx…hubby wouldn’t so I had to do it myself. Lol. Not my cup of tea, but then it wouldn’t do for us all to like the same thing would it lol.

SRP…what is a “boarders reunion”…something to do with school? We call Wednesday hump day too…my exercise bike is a clothes hanger too. What are we like…very alike for such a distance!

Love you all
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Inka13
    on

Thanks. Nonna Mary, your posts always make my day! Have lost about 3.3 pounds since my re re re re re start and happy with that because it seems to be real weight, not water weight! Alas, I succumbed to the lure of wine tonight and am having a couple ( or 4) glasses but have eaten well today so praying for a small increase only!
    Made a cabbage casserole for dinner, really yummy but god knows the danger I’ve put others in….
    Hope you aren’t feeling too horrible with your cold, and that it clears up quickly ๐Ÿคง
    And to all you other lovelies on this thread, hope the week is going well, love all your posts so much!! There’s no way I’d still be going without the support I get just from reading everyone’s adventures! Stay strong everyone xxxxxx ( unlike myself ๐Ÿ˜ค)

• posted by Heather 44
    on

Hi lovely folks!

Mary I must have missed your post about Jovis and his job (forgive me, how rude!) Many congrats to him!!!!! How much stress and worry must be lifted for both of you now. I’ve re learned over the last few months how important work can be, although now that I’m more mobile I’m not missing it as much! However there are no part time hours in the future for me just yet- dammit! I hope he enjoys being back in the workplace and finds it fulfilling.
    I’m happy with the weight loss but also happy to hear that this slight plateau is normal. Interestingly I have not had, as yet, any desire to fall off the wagon. Long may that continue! I will confess to a glass of prosecco at the weekend to celebrate my brother in laws 40th birthday. However there was no longing for more as I’m not mad about prosecco. It would have been a different story had it been red wine! I don’t officially exercise as there is still a limit to what I can do but with each sloooow step towards recovery I am becoming more mobile which can only be a good thing. H66- we don’t allow abuse to our friends here so stop calling yourself pathetic! absolutely not permitted! I’m just in the honeymoon stage of the whole thing and will certainly have other difficulties to face in the future where you guys will be picking me up! I’m a little sick of food at the moment but that is just because we STILL have no cooker (week 5 of kitchen reno, which was supposed to be completed last week!!) and there is only so much food that you can take that can be done in the microwave or eaten cold. Soup and salad is coming out my ears!!

I liked reading about everyone’s goals being set. Not sure what mine should be. I think to just generally keep losing. I would like to lose another stone (14lbs) before Christmas so maybe that is mine. I have a friends wedding to go to in November and would love to be a stone lighter for that but I know how I work- too much pressure brings on wine and chocolate! So Christmas it is and anything else is a bonus. My OH and I are heading into Glasgow next week for hair cuts, a nice meal and overnight in a hotel. We haven’t had any kind of break this year because of my leg, so this will count as a wee holiday. While I intend to try to stay reasonable, I’m not going to be too restricted and intend to have a cocktail or two. Things like this may mean I will need till Christmas!

Its totally miserable here- pouring rain and windy and cold. Time for a fire. I need to go and see my chickens but am waiting for the rat man first. We have had problems with rats for months and the OH is terrified of them so we need to just make sure the house is rat proof before the winter!

Hope everyone else is having a good Wednesday!

Heather x

• posted by alliecat
    on

Look what happens, my lovelies, I go off thread for 24hrs, and now
    there are all these wonderful posts to catch up on!

Kazz, only 1 more day before you receive your results. I do agree
    that you are doing everything you can do. You may have already
    done this, but there is a “Resources” button at the top and you
    might be able to compile some material from it for your doctor
    to show him you have a plan? Just a thought….. Please let
    us know how things go tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you!

Hello66, I didn’t realize you were still out at the beach! Sounds
    like heaven, to me. I find that the sea air makes me ravenous,
    too. Last trip out in late May I resisted the carbs, but the wine
    featured daily at lunch and dinner. So, congratulations on avoiding
    that one! Heather is right. NO referring to yourself as pathetic.
    We don’t do self abuse here! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll be looking forward to your
    return.

Mary, I’m sorry to hear that you not only have a cold, but a case
    of baboon butt as well. Ouch! Feel better soon!

EC, how are you? I’m still thinking about your down under critters!

Will now try a second post, to finish catching up!

Love, everyone!

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello!

Just dropping in during my lunch hour.

Nonna Mary – I know exactly what you mean about toilet snakes… I’m exactly the same. Only it’s a fear of rats poking up from the u-bend! I saw a documentary years ago about rats getting into high rise flats by travelling up the pipes from the sewers! Meanwhile, I think my “toilet” phobia is from when I was taken on a plane to OZ when I was 5 and I’d only ever known flushing porcelain toilets. Not the frightening, stainless steel, spinning, suction monster that I could just about look over! I’ve never forgotten it. Terrified me! I hope you feel better soon. Snuggle under your blankie on the sofa and snooze if you can.

The Eagles are my band of choice for jobs around the house. Got a lot of their albums on Vinyl, since replaced some of it on CD. The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac represent happy times from the mid 70s (my early teens), when we were surrounded with glam rock and Smokie! I had a penpal from Southampton who was crazy about Smokie! Wonder what happened to them?! A bit of Marc Bolan was fine! ๐Ÿ™‚

Allie – thanks for the tip. I’ll do that and gather some information ready for the call – plus I must remember to ask him what the figures are, so that going forward I can see an improvement.

Heather – you’re weekend in Glasgow sounds much needed and a welcome change! I hope you get the rats sorted! ๐Ÿ™‚

Inka – you can do it. Just keep keeping on! I must look up that cabbage casserole recipe as I love cabbage and spring greens.

Thanks H66 and SRPs – I need to be a bit less complacent I think, get a bit more serious rather than “bedding in” with this lifestyle change. No doubt about it, I feel fantastic when I’m sticking to it.

Now – the boss has just received a box of 6 wines as a thank you for speaking at a conference last week. He’s very generously offered me a bottle. It was one of those situations where I wanted to say no, thank you, though I really appreciate it, but it would have seemed ungrateful, particularly as I’d been involved which was why he wanted to share. So I selected a very nice 2015 Malbec! (Something I would never buy for weekend guzzling). Now – lets see how long it stays in the cupboard, unopened, shall we…?!

Hope everyone else is doing okay?

Kazzii hugs xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good grief, look at all the exclamation points I’m using, ridiculous.
    I sound high as a kite! And it’s only 8:30am.

Inka13, it’s good to see you posting again. Please don’t allow
    a stall on the scales to prevent you from talking to friends, old
    and new. I would like to get to know you, too. We’re all imperfect
    here, so please join in when you’re ready. Sending you a hug!

SRP, tackling kale is very ambitious. Good luck with your
    experiments! I mostly use it in soups and as part of an assortment
    of greens in a salad. My favorite of all time is massaged in a
    quinoa salad, but we aren’t doing grains, are we? ๐Ÿ™‚

Heather, thanks for your kind words. You are right of course,
    it’s not like me to wallow. The unexpected check just caught
    me by surprise. I think that the natural grieving process was
    delayed 4 months in because O/H’s real time health problems
    had to take precedence. It was so nice for me to share my
    feelings about my Mother. It makes me so sad to know that
    you’re estranged from yours. Families can be brutal! It’s great
    to hear that your sister is having such success. You’re doing
    great as well. During my journey the most I ever lost was 14lbs.
    a month, but it was consistent and steady throughout. Everyone
    is different however, so it’s always best not to compare ourselves
    to others. Plateaus are inevitable ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m assuming the “rat man” is the exterminator? Joys of country
    life, no doubt! Actually, it sounds pretty idyllic.
    It’s great to hear that you have increased mobility. You will only
    get stronger and fitter, I’m sure. I’m sorry you’re still without a
    kitchen, though. Hope that they/he finishes up soon. Then
    you’ll only have the chickens to worry about! Has putrid Mariam
    recovered, or are you still wielding the syringe?

Forgive me if I’ve left anyone out. Have a wonderful day…

Allie
    xoxoxo

• posted by alliecat
    on

Leelee, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to forget you! How is maintenance
    going? I adopted your suggestion of the dried apricots. My favorite
    little sweet treat is half a plump, dried apricot, which I indent with my
    thumb, then fill the cavity with about 1 tsp. of raw unsweetened
    cacao nibs. I just fold it over, and then “nirvana”! We all hope you
    will be back soon. Have you been going crazy shopping for a new
    wardrobe? I recently bought a bright RED light wool jacket for
    Fall. What I’ve really meant to ask you, though……How is your
    Father doing?

Love

Allie

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Morning all. Had a very strange night last night (it’s 10:30 am here). Went to bed early (10 pm) because of this damned cold. Began coughing (every time I did I let out so much wind I have contributed to a bigger hole in the ozone layer) soon after lying down. After half an hour, needed a pee….this continued until 4 am when I got up and had a cup of tea. By this time I had convinced myself that something was wrong with my lovely grandson. DON’T GOOGLE SYMPTOMS!!! Fuelled my anxiety (like it needs any help). Went back to bed and tried hard to sleep whilst holding in yet more wee! I was convinced I would fall asleep once Jovis got up at 5:45 am. (He snores like a horse, not the only similarity lol). He got up….I had another wee…must have been the 15/20th. Then I was awake for longer. He left at 7 and I fell asleep. Woke at 8 for a wee. Back to sleep. Woke at 9 with a FULL BLADDER! HOW?? So I got up. Now I have a fuzzy head, to go with my sore throat and cough.

HOWEVER! I did weigh myself and I have lost a pound since yesterday so I suppose it’s a result, did expect it to be more. LOL.

Going to blast this cold with a curry tonight…I will show those germs who is boss of this body

(Reference Jovis and Horse…he is a thoroughbred…you have dirty minds lol.)

Stay well everyone.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello friends

Nonna Mary – 1 lb lost, fabulous, there’s always a silver lining, right?! Seriously, sorry to hear about your horrible night. I’ve slept upright in the chair when I’ve been ill just because it helps with the cough. Hopefully you’ll feel better tomorrow.

Doc just rang me. He wants to re-do the blood test because my Liver function test reading – the globulin – was 37. This means nothing to me at all… Cholesterol – 5.9. Lower than 2 years ago which was 6 – thank you BSD! Type 2 Diab – 39. Again, not sure what that means but he said its fine, you are not diabetic. Didn’t mention the kidney reading as all ok. Just the liver. Said 36 was normal. 37 a bit high, do another test and take it from there. I asked, could drinking alcohol cause a high reading (guilty conscience or what?!), he just laughed and said we’ll do another test and see what that reading comes out at and take it from there. Asked if I was on statins! I said nope, just BP tablet and water tablet. Oh and he mentioned losing some weight! I said I was doing this Med style diet.

I’m off for some lunch … see you all later! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kazzeee xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Kazz that would seem to be good news to me. The fact your Doctor laughed and didn’t say…”don’t drink your liver is showing signs of…” is a positive. I had a blood test and the Doctor told me not to drink for at least 6 months. Which I did…then went straight back to boozing like it was going out of fashion. It wouldn’t hurt not to drink for a bit though would it? When is the next test? If only a couple of weeks abstain and see how you get on.

I think overall, your worries were for nothing. Good results!

Take Care,
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.