My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cherriNne,
    Yup, a 12 is mine.
    Don’t tell anyone,, sshhhhhhhh I have tried a 12 on, can’t quite get trousers past my thighs. Dress I can’t zip up yet, but technically I am nearly in it, except for the bits hanging out of it.
    πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ™‚
    Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi call me Deb.
    Didn’t John legend sing about I love all your perfect imperfections?

Oh I feel another song coming on🌝🎼⚽️🎼🎼🎼🎼🎀🎹🎹🎹🎼🎹🎹⚽️🎸🎸🎸🎸🎼🎼🎼
    How did Bill 1954 s foot ball get into my singing.

La. La lalalalalala. La lalalal

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi catfish
    A fellow puddle splasher. ,!!
    πŸŒ‚πŸŒ‚πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸ‘’πŸŒ‚πŸŒ§πŸŒ§πŸŒ§πŸŒ§πŸŒ§β˜”οΈβ˜”οΈβ˜‚πŸŒ€β˜‚β˜‚πŸŒ€β˜‚πŸŒ€β˜‚πŸŒ€β˜”οΈβ˜‚β˜‚β˜‚β˜”οΈπŸŒ§β˜”οΈπŸŒ§β˜”οΈπŸŒ§β˜”οΈπŸŒ§β˜”οΈπŸŒ§β˜”οΈπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

Keep splashing for me.
    If anyone asks you what you are doing, just say I sent you….πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    I like the sound, the youthfulness of it.
    The silliness of it,
    the what’s the point of it, nothing?. Oh of it
    I love just getting wet too.

And
    It keeps us all young
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Lucia, what are you looking for re carbs?

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi orchid,
    Basically everything.
    When I first started and realised that I had walls of 800 but to be better within the walls, I had to keep low in the carb section.
    I wish there was a chart I could download and have.

I need reassuring that bacon is low in carbs but sweet potato is high, because my brain is wired to say bacon bad, veg good.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So chicken tonight.

Chicken breast sliced almost I two so you have a pocket.
    Put Philadelphia cheese in.
    Close, hold the pocket closed by wrapping a slice of bacon around it.
    Cook in oven.
    The chicken is moist, not like a dried prune.
    It is yummy.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

La al la la 🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼la la la al

Love your curves and all your edges
    All your perfect imperfections
    Give your all to me
    La la lalalal la 🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎼🎼🎼🎧🎧🎧🎧
    Still singing.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl,
    You are serious on the pee stix?
    What do you change that you were doing before the pee stix?

(Other than waddling on your fingers )

Do you change the time of your exercise?
    Or when you eat?
    Do you change the volume of eats?

Thanks

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Janet 1967

Loved the ebb and flow reference.

Before the diet, I had a moon face, big and round like a dinner plate.
    So I do not mind the reference to the moon as waxing and waining.

So I had a quick one day wain now I am waxing lyrical. Ha ha ha.
    I have a weird sense of humour and words
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Bill 1954

Was that a touch of quo?

Let me raise you a three cord wonders that they are.

I feel as if I am in the army now
    But
    Turn me on to your love sweet love
    If you send me
    Pictures of match stick men and you
    But
    Do you want to ride my paper plane
    As
    It s so nice what you are proposing
    As
    It is marguerita time
    Now
    We are living on an island.

WHAT EVER YOU WANT WHAT EVER YOU LIKE 🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸
    (But keep off the carbs)

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Bet you know one can tell that my mood is lighter.πŸ™‚
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Honestly Lucia this is the first time that I have exercised since I started the BSD! Maybe my body is in a state of shock, maybe jumping in the puddles helped but I was quite chuffed that my knee didn’t give out, it maybe knows it’s going the journey in August and was being kind to me!
    I had stewed rhubarb with yogurt for breakfast, did my walk/ jumpy thing, prepped the soup and tea then did the test, woohooo was my reaction – who cares about pee on your hand when you are in fat burn?

I made a lovely celeriac and fennel soup for lunch but didn’t have it till about 3.30 so really the exercise is the only thing different, bring it on, same tomorrow come rain or shine if that’s what it does, can’t believe it’s taken me all these years to wake up and dell the coffee.

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Lucia,

You forgot down, down, deeper and down (all our weight losses of course) !

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lucia, I bought a cheap ‘Low carb high fat diet’ book, it arrived yesterday, it has list of carbs in a 100 g of a range of fruits, veg, nuts and seeds.

I just tried scanning, copying and pasting onto this post but it wouldn’t work.

It’s in the ‘quick start guides’ if you want to get one. I ordered from Amazon. Book has 100 recipes but no pics and cheap paper. But the carbs lists are useful πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Same here, Lucia, I have spent ages googling them on calorieking and making a list only to find I should have deducted the fibre. I nearly lost the will to live after so gleefully putting my list together only to find it is wrong πŸ™
    My friend came round for a BSD dinner tonight ( and I sent her off with 2 days worth of packed lunches) and I was able to give her photo copies of the relevant pages.
    If you email Bill he could let me have your email address and I can mail the pages to you. It will be cheaper than buying the book for just 2 pages!!
    xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia I’m glad you could strut your stuff with the trolley! xxx

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Judith
    I might be wrong about this but I thought the English food labels all have the fibre already deducted from the carbs. I thought it was American labels that don’t. I think I remember pmshrink having a conversation with someone about it here. Maybe I got it the wrong way round.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi janet that’s true but there isn’t always info on carbs on food so I used calorieking which I’m told is american so needs fibre deducting. It may have been Penny’s conversation with me.
    Now I have lists in a book I’m happier πŸ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Oh I see, it was the calorie king bit that I’d missed. I use that too if I cant get the info from a packet so I’ll have to watch that in future. Thanks for clarifying.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Lucia – I put up a list of eat and don’t eat last night that I took out of MM’s book. It is not exhaustive – just says which foods are ok. See it that is useful, if so I can turn it into a list of items (currently grouped) and add carbs per 100g to each? Will take me a day or so…..
    Here is the list
    Here is a list taken from MM’s book of β€˜good’ and β€˜bad’ foods.
    No to :
    β€’ bread, pasta, potatoes, rice. Be wary of β€œbrown” alternatives: the extra fibre can be negligible. Brown rice is OK, but some wholemeal breads have added sugar.
    β€’ most breakfast cereals: they are usually full of sugar, even the ones that contain bran. Oats are good as long as they are not the instant sort.
    β€’ Avoid margarine and use butter instead
    β€’ Treat root vegetables with caution – potatoes, parsnips, swedes/turnips are high in starch.
    β€’ Sweet tropical fruits such as mango, pineapple, melon, dates and bananas are full of sugar.

Yes to:
    β€’ Quinoa, bulgur (cracked wheat), whole rye, whole-grain barley, wild rice and buckwheat.
    β€’ Legumes, such as lentils and kidney beans.
    β€’ Full-fat yoghurt – add berries, (blackberries, strawberries or blueberries), for flavour; and or a sprinkling of nuts
    β€’ Breakfast/brunch – eggs: boiled, poached, scrambled or as an omelette. Add smoked salmon, mushrooms and a sprinkle of chilli for a change.
    β€’ Snacks -nuts are a great source of protein and fibre. No to salted or sweetened!
    β€’ Healthy fats and oils plus oily fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel). Add a splash of olive oil to vegetables, improves taste and the absorption of vitamins. Use olive, rapeseed or coconut oil for cooking.
    β€’ Butter and cheese in moderation is fine.
    β€’ High-quality proteins: oily fish, prawns, chicken, turkey, pork, beef, eggs, soya, edamame beans, Quorn, and hummus.
    β€’ Processed meats (bacon, salami, sausages) no more than a couple of times a week.
    β€’ Leafy green vegetables like broccoli, spinach, cabbage, lettuce, kale, chard, cauliflower, plus carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers are rich in vitamin C and fibre and very low in sugar and starch.
    β€’ Sweet fruits: berries, apples or pears are fine in moderation.
    β€’ Add sauces and flavouring – lemon, butter or olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, chilli, gravy.
    β€’ Alcohol – no more than one to two units a day on average (a small glass of wine or shot of spirits is 1.5 units) and cut back on beer – it’s carb rich.
    From: Dr Michael Mosley’s β€œThe 8-week blood sugar diet”
    Hope it helps.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Where do I find bills email?
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Great list Orchid, well done and thank you.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto.
    I wasn’t easy to find bills emails address.
    If it is the right one, I have asked him to pass you my email address.
    Bill you have my blessing to pass it on to Hashimoto.
    Thanks
    Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Been doing a little yoga.
    Did the cobra to stetch my lower back, and waist.
    Looked more like a limp worm.

Oh well.

Getting there

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lucia, sorry I fell asleep on the sofa trying to catch up on some TV. Happens everytime lol
    Bill’s address is angrydriver54@hotmail.com
    XXx

I looked more like a wet rag flat out in front of the idiot box, I’d better try your stretches next time – at least they might keep me awake!!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Morning gang,

Late last night I decided to get rid of my ‘just in case’ food.
    I have got ride of the breakfast cereals.
    I was only keeping them just in case I got hungry.
    πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“
    Don’t miss them at all.

What was the last thing you let go of?

Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and not only the waist on my trousers, but now the thigh area is not longer giving me the Vulcan death grip.

Live long and prosper.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia you are starting to see more results for your determination! πŸ™‚

The last thing I let go of was yukky low fat yoghurt – that was so hard!

We will live long and prosper!

Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

This morning I have done my own version of yoga, but gently
    The limp worm or cobra
    The naughty puppy or downward dog
    The kitten but with attitude. The cat
    The toe nail sharpener or tree (I really have to use my toes to dig in to prevent a lot of wobble)
    The deck chair. The chair
    The broken floorboard. The plank.

Kept on falling out of the poses but I have got two yoga mats and three bath towels under me as a cushion.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I hate this predictive text.
    Drives me potty as I spell the words correctly, then I move on to the next line . When I am not looking, just for naughtiness it swops one of my key words.
    Brings a whole new meaning to this crazy bird.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hinhashimoto,

On the settee dozing with the tv.

Well last night around 11:30 I was with Michael Mosley in bed.
    I watched an hour long you tube talk he did in Australia about women staying healthy and he talks a lot about 5:2 and blood sugar diets.
    If you can, it is worth the watch.

You just go into you tube, type his name in. The photo or frozen frame is of Michael wearing a nice maroon shirt (looking handsome) with a big black screen behind him showing the name of the talk.
    He mentions our website too.
    Again, I suggest it is worth a look.
    Sometimes, the written word doesn’t connect with me. A video will.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Today I feel as if I am in Groundhog Day.
    Never saw the movie, but I have picked up the saying.
    So today I am going to break out of the mound.
    Had salad for breakfast, will have yoghurt and apple for lunch.

Anyone in the mood for changing it up a little?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia, eating a full days BSD food in one sitting last night has left me so stuffed my stomach hurts! Food? Arrrrhhhhh – she runs a mile…

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia my bloated stomach will appreciate the lying in bed with MM.thanks :). πŸ˜‰

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi hashimto
    Love that you actually ran a mile after the food, more than I could do lol.

I may snuggle with Michael again tonight as I learned various things.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I have eaten too many sprouts.
    😷😷😷😷😷😷😷oops.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So where are you all?
    Are you all adding to the different forum threads?
    I have dipped my toes elsewhere, but I feel safe here, with my little thread I started so long ago.

Wasn’t it a lovely sunny day after the fog burnt off?

Did a two mile walk in my lunch time. You should see my little legs go like the clappersπŸ˜€

πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Good morning Lucia ! I woke early today to try and catch up with my backlog at work after a few days of annual leave. Hope you have a good day and have recovered from the sprouts. I had problems when I ate a wholebag of stir fry veg (mainly bean sprouts and cabbage) in one sitting and my husband suffered as much as I did even though he hadn’t touched them😷 .
    The birds are singing up here and although it looks like rain I love to be the only person in the family up and able to listen to them without the girls squabbling and making demands of me!
    Have a very BSD day all!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

By the way I think I will be sleeping in my lunch hour, not doing a 2 mile walk like you… but another kilo and a half off after a longish plateau so well pleased with that. It was due to lack of sleep as nothing changed much with the diet!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sneaking out of the office to blog is fun.
    My work colleagues who think I am mad , also now think I have should I say, a problem..😊😊😊😊

Rain forcast which means more calories burned.
    Puddle bashing…

Hope you are all having a good day.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Arran Granny
    on

Hi Lucia
    Just read your posts. How wonderful you sound. It becomes really easy to low carb after a while and the results are amazing. Originally you were asking about breakfast – I have 2 poached eggs which are amazingly filling and take no time to prepare. Sometimes I stick them in a cup and mash them with some butter or put them on top of lean ham. I also sort of semi poach them with the ham and some spinach in a covered frying pan with a little water . I usually buy yogurt in a 1l bucket from Lidls and use it in coleslaw etc. Good to hear you are doing so well

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Morning Lucia, I’ll be puddle bashing with you!!! My friend has a dead plant in a huge pot with several inches of water on the top! I think it may be root/pot bound. I think I will get wet trying to get it out of the pot!!! I will be splashing in stagnant water! Thank goodness for hot showers and old fat clothes!!!!
    xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Lunch time,
    Yummy.

I now have the list of carbs per 100 Grams per food type. Many thanks Hashimoto.
    So I am going to convert it simply to say :
    Apple xxx carbs etc as I haven’t found the perfect apple of 100 Grams πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Walked passed the bank of vending machines upstairs, now full of crisps and they have added popcorn.

They are test driving some fancy foods for the gym about half a mile away.

Shakes
    Low fat this and that
    Butties
    Cereals
    Etc
    Starting at Β£4.50 for a drink
    Need a mortgage to get lunch, will be avoiding that one in a BIG way.

Happy sorting my own lunch out.

Keep happy, keep losing, keep going

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    Bill 1954 will not allow the word fat.
    We have to say gravity challenged πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Arran gran

It was a big challenge to understand how I would cope without certain things.
    bread.
    I need it to put cooked meat on,
    Melted cheese on,
    Toast it with a dippy egg on.

Yes, meat good
    Eggs good
    Cheese good but measure.
    But what do I put it all on?

Then the penny dropped. Duh,!!!!!

Wrap the meat in a big curly lettuce leaf.

Put the dippy egg on a slice of ham

Put melted cheese on cauliflower.

Once you get the theory of it, you can then see options

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Not we honey, just you, and I prefer vertically challenged πŸ˜€

• posted by MerryMary
    on

Hi guys,
    Well it is 2 weeks tomorrow for me. I am weighing in in the morning and I am nervous, although my work uniform is a lot more
    comfortable so that is a good thing!
    Now I need you to hear my confession….Forum forgive me for I have sinned….
    We went out the other night to a local Italian restaurant for my daughter in law’s birthday and I had the vegetable minestrone soup which was wonderful. I was so proud of myself for resisting the cheesy garlic calzone and the pasta dishes and then I blew it when it came to dessert… I thought I would have a scoop of chocolate and raspberry gelato ( I have been known to be a gelato-aholic) and justified it thinking that everyone else at the table (other than my husband who was happy drinking red wine) were having tiramisu. Well it was as though I had a very strong coffee just before bed. I didn’t sleep a wink all night and had to get up at 0530 for a 12 hour shift too. That’ll teach me, and it tasted so sweet I couldn’t finish it which is amazing for me….Having confessed to that falling off the wagon episode, it is the only episode I have had of eating sweets. Part of me is sad that when I am in Italy on the Amalfi coast in September, I won’t enjoy the sweet gelato flavours :-))
    I am still keeping my fingers crossed that I will continue to see a downward trend on the scales in the morning!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Bill,
    Soon I will be so scared to lift both feet up together, in case I float away….. Wearing a smaller size.
    β˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈβ˜οΈπŸŒ§πŸŒ§
    Oh another song coming on

Up to were the air is clear πŸšπŸŽΌπŸŽ§πŸŽ§πŸŽΌπŸŽ€πŸŽ§πŸŽΌπŸŽ€πŸŽ€πŸŽΌπŸŽΌπŸŽΌπŸŽΌπŸŽΌπŸŽΌπŸŽΌπŸŽΌπŸŽΌπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆγ€°
    (Mary poppins)

So will I be vertically challenged ? As I can’t keep connected to the planet?
    La la lalalalalala La la la

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by MerryMary
    on

Your ideas are so good Lucia…I too have struggled with what to put my soft poached eggs on!! I have succumbed and had dark rye toast occasionally but a bed of wilted spinach and a small thin piece of ham are sufficing well.
    Also My lovely husband who looks after me when I arrive home at 8pm “hangry” after a 12 hour shift made a fantastic baked salmon fillet the other night and put it on a bed of truffle oil garlic cauliflower mash (he gets it really smooth with the stick mixer)…Delish!! Hew only used a little drizzle of the truffle infused olive oil and a dash of cream. It was spectacular!!

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi MerryMary,
    I found putting scrambled eggs or poached eggs is great on a grilled portobello mushroom – I spray the mushroom with oil prior to grilling it. It gives something to dip into the runny egg!

Please log in or register to post a reply.