Motivated March'ers

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Hi Firecrest – I had a very good loss the first week – 9 lbs, then 2 the second week and third week I dropped 3. I’m very happy with that rate of loss – if only it could continue like that, but that’s unlikely.
    Thanks for the good luck wishes fletchrf – I know the saying “the best laid plans…..etc.,” on the other hand “you fail to plan then you plan to fail” ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m focusing on the latter.

• posted by Slim4summer
    on

Hi all
    Day four and on the whole I think I am doing ok. I don’t feel hunger anymore so hopefully my stomach is adjusting. The only thing I have experienced is feeling a little sick, not massively just a bit. Maybe it is my body detoxing? It is nice not to suffer from the problems I get when I eat carbs (ibs) but I am experiencing a little constipation. Did anyone else experience similar symptoms at the start? I’m making sure I drink 2 litres of water a day, my slight headache that I had for a couple days is now gone. I am off to the ideal home exhibition tomorrow so hoping I can find food I can eat there. I will take some nuts to snack on if I need a boost. Any tips for when out and about?
    Phreckles your weight loss so far sounds great, I hope I can experience the same success, I would be very happy with that!

• posted by pettip
    on

Firecrest – I’m currently on week 6. I shed:
    – 10lb week 1
    – 1lb week 2
    – 6lb week 3
    – 3lb week 4
    – 1lb week 5

And I stuck to the diet 100%. I’m finding week 6 tough. Had a couple of blips with refined carbs this week but I’m now determined to get back on track and perhaps revisit my food diary for week 1.

• posted by Firecrest
    on

Thanks everyone who replied. You have certainly had amazing weight losses…..I thought I had done well with almost 5lbs the first week! Great to know we can all have large variations of weight loss week by week. I am determined to continue as I have got used to the routine now. Holiday in Scotland on May 13th, hoping to do lots of walking and cycling so the less weight I am carrying the better.

I suppose we will all have different weight loss depending on how much we have to lose, metabolic rates, exercise taken etc. and how strictly we follow the diet of course! I also have Hashimoto’s which went untreated for many years until I became extremely ill. I only kept the weight off then by fasting (a complete fast only drinking water for 24 hours). Fortunately, I believe my medication is optimal at the moment so hopefully, I should continue to lose weight. Only 4/5 lbs and my BMI will be back to just below 25 which is something to aim for.

I am also extremely lucky because I do not have diabetes. This diet, for me, is simply to get healthier, lose weight fast so I keep motivated and try to lessen the chance of becoming diabetic in the future. It must be so much more difficult for those of you on insulin medication, trying to balance your health and eating 800 calories.

Good luck to you all for the weekend. Much better weather to get out and about and exercise in the fresh air.

• posted by fabulist
    on

Hello Everyone!
    I’m still here, and still sticking to it! Have done 40 minutes’ cardio yesterday and today and am far less hungry than I was in week 1. Hope to have lost at least 2 lbs this week — weigh-in is due Monday, but I’m bringing it forward to Sunday.
    Breakfast was one egg, 80g mushrooms, 1 tsp butter and .5 ounce Gouda in a sort of omelette scramble thing. Lovely.
    Lunch will be a big bowl of shredded Cos lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, some shredded lean pork from last night’s dinner (60g) and a little olive oil and apple cider vinegar to make a small dressing…
    Will have 430 calories left for dinner in case we eat out…
    Happy weekend everyone, and a special thank you for your supportive message, Phreckles!
    x

• posted by Clootiedumpling
    on

So I’m on day six, have stuck to it almost religiously-if I’ve gone over it’s been an apple or 10 cashews to get me through my shift which still brings me in around 900 so happy with that. More importantly I have resisted the sweet cupboard and break room cake in spite of peer pressure which I’m pretty proud of! Colleagues are supportive now though and yesterday purposely omitted me from donut run and didn’t eat in front of me ๐Ÿ˜Š My worry this weekend is I have an essay due Monday and I usually get through the inevitable all nighter and stress with lots of crisps, sweets, Irn Bru and toast… already struggling tbh as a desk is not my natural habitat. Resigned to going over this weekend but determined not on sugary carbs! Any tips? Going to buy blueberries, some cashews and already have apples and pears, but I need something more stodgy… and less like fruit! Anyone tried Aldi pea snacks? I know it’s mind over matter but already using that to not procrastinate as much… x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I chew dulse seaweed, if I feel like something salty. Practically no calories, and more than your daily requirement of iodine in 1g of dried seaweed. I guess it might be an acquired taste but it certainly saved me from overeating many times. Not sure where to look if you are craving stodgy though. I’ve sort of banished that word from my consciousness ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Replace the cashews with Brazil nuts, pecans or macadamia nuts. Cashews are as high in carbs as they are delicious, 27 grams of carbs in just 100 grams total weight. The worst, hands down, of all the nuts for the likes of us, I’m sad to say. Even pistacchios, which are also very high carb, are miles better than cashews. Meet your new nut choices:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/nuts

As for the salty, crunchy hit, why not bacon? Or very thinly sliced deli salami, baked in the oven until it’s crispy. Put it on paper towels and dab away the grease on top, and you’ve got a very satisfying, and much, much more filling chip replacement.

I also second Mixnmatch’s seaweed suggestion. At shops like Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods here in the States, you can easily find roasted seaweed snacks. They’re rectangles of nori seaweed that have been oven roasted until they’re these light, crisp, melt-in-your-mouth salty snacks. My favorite is the wasabi flavor which has a lovely kick to it. The whole container is 60 calories and no carbs.

on

thanks, I haven’t seen seaweed snacks (I’m in UK so no idea what a Trader Joes is!) but will look out for them as I like that sort of thing when it’s in those Japanese snack bags and love wasabi peas so a replacement would be nice. As for the nuts, cashews are high carb but its complex carbs which I’m not really trying to eliminate, just reduce – it’s only maybe 10 once or twice a week and as I can’t eat most skin-on unblanched nuts (hazelnnuts, brasils, almonds, pecans) due to slight allergy making my throat all itchy and sore, I don’t worry about a few extra complex carbs if the result is I don’t snack on anything else and can keep going on shift! But I appreciate the advice and will try walnuts sometimes and macadamia nuts if I’m feeling flush (they cost a fortune here!). I did better than I thought yesterday – ate 2 on plan but small meals (portobello mushrooms with goats cheese and pine nuts and courgetti arrabiata) and snacked on blueberries, pears and a handful of pea snaps (crisp like so off plan but lowest sugar and carbs I could find and high fiber) and took the suggestion to have 2 bacon medallion rashers in the evening. I also had a coke zero with dinner to mimic my irn bru craving! Came in at about 1100 calories, but considering my old routine of consuming about 3000 when doing essays I’m chuffed, and still lost 4pounds 4 ounces in week one weigh in today! thanks for the support everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Good morning all of you and here’s to another fantastic week ๐Ÿ™‚
    That’s me moving in to week three and I am beyond overjoyed to have lost 1.5 inches off my waist, so now 38.5 inches. I discovered this yesterday but thought it must just be a fluke, but no, the measurement is the sane this morning.
    I’m also noticing a drop in size above and below my belly button but as I didn’t measure these areas I can’t say by how much.
    Today I am having full fat cream cheese and strawberries for lunch to break my 18 hour fat and a huge mug of creamy coffee. Dinner it’s mushroom soup followed by cheddar cheese, almonds and a couple of grapes.
    Loving reading all your posts. Well done so far everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Firecrest
    on

Well done Buttermeup. It is always motivating to hear of such great achievements.

I was a bit fed-up this week as was not losing at all. Stuck to the diet but found it difficult. Realised I was not drinking enough water so made sure I drank 2 litres each day over the weekend. It worked. On the scales this morning, and lost 3.4 pounds. Really chuffed. That is 8 pounds over 2 weeks. Waist was 36″ ish (forgot to measure it at the start!) now 33″ but will check again to make sure! Really pleased.

Made a stew last night with Quorn mince and loads of vegetables, onions, mushrooms, courgette, one carrot only, spinach, garlic, small can tomatoes, lots of salt, pepper and dried herbs and veggie stock. It was really delicious and filling. Weighed every item then weighed the completed stew (496 calories) and found I could easily have 500g, it was a big portion. Ate it with a small baked potato and felt lovely and full. Partner also ate the mince with larger potato and other bits and he really enjoyed it as well.

I usually have half a pear or berries with natural Yeo Yoghurt for pud.

Also made some red lentil soup for today and will have the rest of the mince with cauliflower rice.

Walk the dog everyday, aerobics class on Tuesdays after 7/8 mile walk in Lake District with walking group and Gillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD 3/4 times per week. One of our walking group is 82, walks with us then joins the aerobic class that evening. To celebrate her 80th she climbed Scafell Pike…….what an inspiration. She made me see what I could achieve, well into later life.

Will remember to drink 2 litres of water each day as it keeps you regular. ๐Ÿ™‚ I now tell myself, well you have followed the diet for a fortnight so only 3 more fortnights left. Absolutely no excuses for not succeeding. (I do have an occasional lapse and think longingly of my local baker’s flapjacks ……but I only think!)

Good luck to you all today.

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Hi Everyone,
    Congrats on all the progress – looks like the whoosh fairy was busy. Firecrest – water, for me is key to weight loss and it also seems to help with hunger pangs. Buttermeup, way to go on the inch loss – I did measure when I began but am waiting for a full month before re-measuring. That happens later this week. Cannot believe I’m almost half way through. Clootiedumpling, I’m also in the US and ADORE Trade Joes – I’ve tried the seaweed snacks but wasn’t a fan of the wasabi flavor – too spicy for me I think though I do normally love spicy food. Will try the other flavors if I see them.
    Had a very challenging weekend but I came through unscathed – even lost a lb. Friday night, my in-laws were serving lasagna with garlic/parmesan bread so I brought some of my own food along to supplement the side salad they said would be on the menu. I was shocked and so pleased that they had made a special, separate meal for me – roasted chicken breast and broccoli for the main course. For appetizers, they served tiny little cocktail sausage in a sugary BBQ sauce, but kept some aside for me that were just plain. Then they had different cheeses for me to eat too. I was overwhelmed at their kindness and consideration. The attitude when you tell people you’re watching your blood glucose/sugar levels because there’s diabetes in the family and you’re being super careful, is so much different than when you tell me you want to lose weight for any other reason! Why is that I wonder?
    Then, Saturday, I had dinner guests at my house. I made roast leg of lamb which was absolutely divine – my hubby made neeps and tatties which smelled great but I passed on them. I made oven-fried celeriac chips (coated in crushed garlic, olive oil and curry powder – very tasty) and steamed broccoli. The celeriac chips were also a big hit – glad I made enough for everyone (I had thought they’d just be for me initially). Hubby also made arlettes (got the idea from the Great British Baking Show) and we served those with frozen berry yogurt. I had instead, plain Greek yogurt with blackberries. I drank only water. I surprisingly didn’t feel deprived in the slightest.
    Well, back to work for me. Have a great week everyone.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Hi folks,
    Been through a bit of a plateau but now losing again. It was 3 weeks yesterday for me and this morning another pound gone so that’s 18lb in 22 days. Some slight loss on the belly, but not dramatic.
    I wonder if blokes lose easier than females? We have it easier in most things so why not losing? I’ve had some virally thing the past few days, and things have been a bit haphazard. I just get so confused.
    How much is a handful? Can anyone tell me? I have big hands (my dad used to hide them under the cover when he took me out in the pram), but I seem to be over-ordering with my on-line shop.
    Everyone else seems to be making steady progress

• posted by Firecrest
    on

Hello all.

fletchrf, I have always understood that men can lose weight more easily than women. Men have more muscle mass, approx 40%, than women, approx 30%. Women have more essential fat, 10-13% whereas men have about 2-5%. Muscle burns up more body fat even when resting. I have read that men (researched on men and women of same height) can lose about 20% more calories just doing nothing. I looked up the figures but have always believed men lose faster than women…….I may be wrong of course as do not know the latest research results, if any. I will make no comment except to say you lucky …………..

(Only joking, I know it is equally difficult, mentally, for both genders, and that is where it counts!)

Went on a 6 mile walk yesterday, gorgeous weather, with a lovely group of people. Exercise class after then homemade lentil soup. A bit hungry so had some brazil and walnuts. I have always loved non salted nuts but not as keen on pistachios or cashews, which is really lucky for me as I find they are higher carb. Back to work today, must drink at least 2 litres of water!!!!!!

Hope you all do well this week.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Wow Fletchr,f 18lbs in 22 minutes, that’s great. Well done ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

A handful is usually what fits in your hand and on most diet that is okay because you adjust calories for size, gender etc. On this it is the same for everyone, a handful of nuts is 6 to 10 almonds or pistachios, or 3 to 6 brazils.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Thanks Sunshine-girl but it’s the herbs I struggle with. Just had a recipe with 4 handfuls of rocket that is an enormous amount of green. Buttermeup I wish it was 22 minutes I’d bottle it and make a fortune!.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Hahaha. I really should check my posts first fletchrf, or find out how to turn predictive text off on my phone. Sorry about that.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

fletch I must have confused you with someone who was asking about nuts, but you know what they say, big hands BIG …… gloves.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Oh mea culpa! I’m blaming the virus thing rather than my age, but I messed up my calculations. I thought I’d lost 18 lbs, but when I weighed in this morning and had lost another pound, I suddenly realised that I had only lost 17lb. Nonetheless, I’m only 16st 7 lbs. Just had the baked eggs brunch. Wow how lovely is that?

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Still wrong. Thought I’d started at 17 st 10lb, but actually 17st 12 lb. So it is now 19 lb definitely…… I think.

• posted by Firecrest
    on

19 lb; that is a fantastic weight loss over just 22 days, well done fletchrf. Hope you continue to do well.

I am really fed up today as gone back up 1lb! I over ate a bit on Tuesday (1000 cals) but was fell walking for over 4 hours and one hour aerobics in the evening. Yesterday I was very careful and only ate 756 calories. I just don’t want to miss my target of 3 lb per week, which I do not think is an over optimistic aim.

Today, I am trying a complete fast, only water for 24 hours, to hopefully get back on track again. Putting weight back on is very de-motivating ๐Ÿ™

Good luck everyone. Hope you are continuing to lose.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Hi Firecrest. Sad to hear that you are not losing weight, but starving yourself is not the answer. I plateaued last week and came close to gaining a pound just not producing much waste matter so you have to burn the fat, and that goes in fits and starts in my experience. Just have faith. If you are sticking to the menu plan you will lose. Increase your water intake by all means, but you will become ill if you don’t get the right nutrients. It sounds like the exercuse bit is OK. It will come. Just remember you are doing this for blood sugar levels, the weight loss is merely a means to an end.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I have never done just water, but occasionally do a liquid only day when I allow myself milk in tea, a miso soup or Marmite drink, and lots and lots of herbal tea. It does sometimes help as I think it allows the body to ‘catch up’ with processing what you have eaten beforehand. I don’t think just one day is close to starving yourself, so go ahead and try it, it may be helpful, but be extra kind to yourself afterwards and go for a super nutritious day of just over 800 calories to compensate a little. I never used to like going below 800 too often anyway, I reckoned to get the vitamins and minerals I needed, I should make the most of all 800 calories. I used to tell people I had never eaten such a healthy diet when they commented on the restricted calories and it was certainly true!

• posted by Firecrest
    on

Thanks both.

I am sure you are correct fletchrf. I do know really that losing will vary week to week, just fed up when I seemed to go up again.
    When I was really ill with undetected hypothyroidism thoughout my teens, twenties and early thirties the only way I could maintain my weight was by having fast days. I did extremely well not to put too much weight on, looking back. I wouldn’t starve myself, only fast for one day, but I do understand what you are saying. Thank you for your concern.

Thanks Mixnmatch. I am used to fast days, although not so much the last few years. I sometimes find them quite easy but when I do not, I usually have something light for supper. Today I had 2 boiled eggs then a few nuts. Feel fine if a little hungry. Hope I will at least be back to Mondays weight tomorrow.

Thanks for your support, it is really helpful and keeps me determined. I do agree this is a very healthy diet because you take such care with everything you eat.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

I was a bit worried about this weekend, eating out yesterday and entertaining today. Not helped with a pause yesterday in weight loss. Ate out at Brasserie Blanc and cheated with a large glass of red, and one piece of baguette, But otherwise wise. Mediterranean sald for starters, Stone bass with fennel for main, and fruit salad – no dressing for pud. Family crisis so entertaining cancelled. Scales say 2 lb less this morning and that’s 1 1/2 stone gone or 21lb in 26 days. Silver lining in the cloud? I think so.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Where has everyone gone? Perhaps the same place as my silver lining. Yesterday the 2 lb had gone straight back on aargh!

So, stopped gueessing and nibbling the odd nut (or more than one actually).

No change this morning, but I am hopeful for tomorrow, having been strict with myself again, and been on a 3.5 mile walk with the dog this afternoon. Hope everyone else is doing well.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Morning everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ You’re doing great fletchrf, I wouldn’t stress about that 2lbs, it’s bound to know it’s not welcome soon enough.
    I had a pretty bad week, an old friend lost his battle with cancer. The funeral was on my 50th birthday so no celebrations here. Hubby’s birthday today though so going all out with rump steak followed by strawberries, blueberries and cream for dinner. Keeping to the 800 though.
    So this is just into the fourth week for me and I have lost 4 inches round my waist and am now 36 inches. Have been wearing an old jacket that hasn’t fitted for a couple of years so I know I’ve lost around my back too. Haven’t dared to try on any old trousers though, want the first time to be an absolute victory ๐Ÿ™‚
    Keep to the plan and keep smiling ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Sorry to hear your news Buttermeup. But it sounds like you have that determination to succeed. Enjoy this evening. You are clearly making great progress.
    My waist has shrunk 8cm and the jeans are getting a little looser. In the past I’ve waited until I can slip them down over my hips without undoing them… then it’s time to invest in new. The problem now is I have a sackful of trousers and tops that were too small in the loft. Hopefully they will be needed shortly!

Good news is the 2 lb went this morning.

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Hi there! Sorry I’ve been away so long – it’s just that work has been insanely busy and this past weekend went by in a blur. Buttermeup – I’m so sorry to hear about your friend – it’s so hard isn’t it? I had a funeral this past Saturday for my next door neighbor – a lovely man. He had ALS. Great news about your inch loss though.
    Fletchrf – that’s great about your clothes getting bigger – I love that feeling and I too have plenty of clothes in my closet that will, hopefully fit me very soon. It really is the most definitive proof that your losing weight and incher.
    It was also hubby’s birthday on Saturday so we all went out to celebrate. I ordered the bbq brisket which was melt in your mouth good and a side of collard greens (it’s a southern themed restaurant – famous for their fried chicken). Everyone had wine, beer or cocktails but I had water. Afterwards, at home, we had devil’s food chocolate cake with chocolate frosting from a very good local bakery. I didn’t eat any of it – even though my kids (who totally believe in lo-carb eating btw) tried to get me to relent “just this once.” It sounds like I’m patting myself on the back an awful lot doesn’t it??? Sorry – that’s not my intention – it’s just that I can’t get over how EASY it is for me to pass on the carbage!! The little voice in my head isn’t saying “you CAN’T eat that stuff” it’s saying “you DON’T eat that stuff” and what a difference that makes. And, it’s paying off – I’m approaching the end of my 5th week and I’m down 18 lbs.

• posted by Firecrest
    on

Well done fletchrf, you are doing exceptionally well and can feel really proud of yourself. Buttermeup, so sorry to hear about your friend’s death. It must be very difficult to carry on while grieving, so again, well done for carrying on, especially on your husbands birthday.

I was pleased when I weighed in on Monday 3rd. Lost another 3 lb as I hoped. Tuesday was very hard as walked up to 2000 feet on an 8.5 mile walk. Glorious weather in the Lake district. There is no doubt that walking like this increases my appetite. This week, I allowed myself 1000 (ish) calories and felt much more comfortable throughout the day. Last week I did feel quite weak at times. Fell walking again today but only 5 miles, still I did increase my calories a little. Beautiful weather again, I love living here.

Hope to lose another 3 pounds this week but will have to be very strict over the next 4 days.

How is everyone else doing?

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Well done both of you – Firecrest and Phreckles. When things go quiet I worry that people are struggling, but you remind me they can also be busy! LOL

• posted by Firecrest
    on

Sorry Phreckles, your post was not visible when I posted.

You refused chocolate cake, I am in awe! Your obvious determination is fantastic and you deserve to succeed. Congratulations on the 18 pounds loss I am on my 4th week and have lost 11lb.

• posted by Flemishgirl
    on

Hi there,
    I’m starting today and would love to join your group for support. I hope that’s OK. I need to loose 16 kg. Starting with eggs and avocado for breakfast.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Welcome Flemishgirl. That’s just the start you need. Stick to the menu, no cheating and you’ll crack it.

on

Hi folks, sorry to hear about yous having a rough couple of weeks and condolences for your loss. I’ve been having a bit of a tough few weeks on placement, lots of very sick patients and I’m feeling a bit emotionally drained from it all. But I have managed to resist the biscuits and cake even at work and only had some dark chocolate a couple of times. I have been sticking religiously to the book and the planned meals but weight has plateaued for a week now and no inches either but I’m proud I’ve kept going. Well done everyone, we can totally do this!

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Clootiedumpling – I’m so glad you’re not letting a plateau get to you – you KNOW you’re doing the right thing for your body……even if the ungrateful thing doesn’t reward you with regular, consistent and measurable evidence ๐Ÿ˜‰ but IT WILL COME, if you continue to persevere. I’m sorry your work situation is so emotionally difficult though – that must make it so hard. My job is stressful and involves some very long hours, but that’s pretty much it.
    Welcome Flemishgirl! This way of eating is the absolute best – I’m on last day of my fifth week and, to date, I have lost 18 lbs (around 8 kg). It took me a couple of weeks to get past the “hungry a lot of the time” stage (most people take less time than that) but, eventually, sometime around the third week, that went away and it’s been smooth sailing ever since. It really is true that cravings just disappear – nobody is making that up. I’ve passed up all sorts of “goodies/baddies” recently with no regret or feelings of deprivation whatsoever.
    Firecrest, thanks for the kind words and for worrying about the infrequent posters!! When my work schedule lets up, I’ll be here all the time and you’ll be sick of me ๐Ÿ™‚ Next week, we have a bit of a break so you’ll definitely be seeing more of me.

• posted by shammy
    on

hi folks, have been away but read all your posts- after 2 weeks and 6lb loss in first week I was disillusioned with no weight loss in 2nd week and had a carb frenzy put 4lbs on. I started back this Tuesday and have lost the 4lbs, I cant discuss this with my non diabetic & slim friends so I have taken the decision to do the 3 shakes with 250g of salad or 200ml of soup as time is ticking by . Saw my dr last Friday who said I had to be on metformin & despite low cholesterol also a statin I have normal blood pressure and he said that would go in time…….for which I would need pills…. he disagreed vehemently with bsd – but I have decided to stick with it for 12 weeks then have some bloods for hbalc and see a younger progressive dr and manage this properly. so i’m back and you are so encouraging I was going to untick the notify box today but I think you are all doing so well that I motivated to be back and to succeed. I am successful in my work life but have decided to give this my all for as long as it takes, thanks xxx

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Hi Shammy – I’m so glad you decided to return here ! I honestly don’t think I’d have been able to do this for five weeks without the support, motivation, guidance, information and encouragement I get here and on the BSD face book page. What you need to tell yourself EVERY DAY and sometimes several times a day is “This way of eating WORKS!!” Think about how awesome it will be when, at the end of eight or twelve weeks – whichever you opt for, you go to get your bloods tested and everything has improved. You can be the proof/evidence your Dr. needs. If at that point, he refuses to acknowledge he’s been wrong about everything related to a nutritious and healthy diet, then of course, move one, and find someone who doesn’t have his head stuck in the sand. Frankly, he sounds like a bit of a jerk to me!!!
    Remember, the BSD works and there are hundreds and hundreds of people on here and the FB page that will tell you the same thing.
    Good luck.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Shammy

Bril work on your commitment, but my don’t you have a egotistical little g.p. He’s obviously not heard of informed consent and patient choice. Nothing more obstructive than a short sighted professional like this one. Change your dr.
    My dr and practice nurse last summer openly followed my progress, with encouragement and delight at the results, especially as this plan suppressed my SLE symptons, and reversed a fatty liver and pre diabetis.
    Hot tip do some research on statins, they are not good if you need them and definitely not good if you don’t, they have some very nasty serious side effects.
    G.p.s only dole them out because they are sponsored by the pharmaceutical companies. So google it.

Really glad you are still on here . Keep us posted. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Flemishgirl
    on

Day 2 on the diet. Good 1st day yesterday: eggs and avocado for breakfast, tuna salad with lots of veg at lunch time and steak & salad for dinner. had some nuts to keep me going in the afternoon. Going for a drink after work today so will be a more testing day…..

• posted by shammy
    on

thank you for your supportive messages, lost another 1.5lbs today so 5.5lbs since Tuesday, i will be changing GPs, i have seen a medical herbalist who has said on no account should i be on statins, my cholesterol now is 5.5 and has gone from 7 to 5.5 on the blood sugar diet! dr taking no notice of this positive change. i will carry on with shakes and soup/ salad and slowly introduce food i had already made such as bulgar wheat risotto & skinny cottage pie. xxxx

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Good for you Shammy – if he’s ignoring your positive results, then I believe it’s time to say to bye bye to your Dr. and find one who will support and work with you. Blech!! I really can’t stand people who refuse to change their long-held opinions, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary!!
    Seems like you’re listening to the people who have your best interests at heart, so, good for you.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Go for it Shammy. Weekend off for me I’m afraid, but ordering the food for reboot Monday!

on

I’m at 15 stone!!! First time in years, so that’s 12lb in 3 weeks, ten percent is 22lb so I’m hoping I can do it ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. Even if not I’m hoping that moving to the 5:2 at the end of my 8 weeks will keep me maintaining end weight and I can always do another round! So glad I stuck it out during that week long plateau, which I probably wouldn’t have done without reading forum posts so thanks everyone!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done ClootieD. Great result, keep up the good work.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Excellent CD, What an achievement, and what an example to us all.

• posted by shammy
    on

well done CD, lovely feeling when you go under the stone marker, everyone here is so fab, love your name xxx

on

Thanks everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Shammy: in retrospect I shouldn’t have chosen a name that is something I can’t eat! But I’m Scottish and a dumpling so I like it too ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Good morning all you wonderful, inspirational and motivational Marchers. So great to read all your posts, I really appreciate all the helpful advice given.
    So, this is start of week 4 for me and my waist now measures 35.5 inches, a loss of 4.5 inches in four short and very tasty weeks. I am so happy, words cannot tell.
    My energy and alertness levels are utterly gobsmacking! I feel as if I’ve been only semi living life for years. Honestly, I feel comprehensively different and I am absolutely loving it. This way of eating is revolutionising me in ways that go way beyond body shape and for me the psychological benefits are abundantly clear.
    Hope you all have a fantastic week ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.