Motivated March'ers

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Answering your last question first, water is vital to flush away the fat once the body has converted what it wants to energy. Part of this process involves filling up the fat cells molecule by molecule as the fat molecules are burnt, and then when that fat cell has no more fat, the ‘whoosh’ effect is where the cell collapses completely, removing the fat residue. Dehydration also tends to be a cause of water retention, somewhat counter intuitively, as the body will be reluctant to lose what it has. Regarding the ‘sweet tooth’ this is something that only time can address. Being totally sugar free is impractical, even some vegetables have sugars in, but if you can replace your sweet treats with berries or very dark chocolate, you will find that you may make the switch that I have where I now find many things I used to enjoy too sweet. Sweeteners should be avoided as well, although Stevia may be okay if you use this, as it causes blood sugar spikes and weight gain.

Regarding being ill and putting on weight on 800 calories. It is likely to be water weight, unless too much of the sweet stuff has been creeping in. For what it’s worth, I always try to eat normally when I am ill, even if I lose my appetite, so I think you did the right thing, and when you get up and active again the weight gain should resolve itself.

• posted by poodlefrenzy
    on

Thank you Mixnmatch! Hadn’t realised that about water – drinking madly now. But I assume it is best to drink throughout the day rather than all at once. I will keep in mind the vision of replacing fat in my fat cells with water – what a great image!
    And I will hang on to the hope that things weight wise will get back to normal as I keep getting better and start walking again. Getting rid of my sweet tooth feels unlikely so good to hear it is at least possible. Ta

• posted by pod
    on

Mix match, you are full of useful info, trying to remember it all for when I go on hols tomorrow. I was dreading putting weight on, but now, reading all your info, I feel I may be ok if I’m really careful, and just don’t eat any of the rather lovely Turkish bread! I don’t have a sweet tooth so ok there,
    Thanks again for all your really useful posts
    ANN

Please log in or register to post a reply.