Motivated March'ers

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lumpyjumper
    on

Hello, a group for those of us who started this week in March whether for the first time or just a fresh start! Moved from a thread in Welcome forum.

Day2 is done, slightly over at 923 cal but 10k steps in the bag today. Still motivated going to weigh in tomorrow before first true test… A meal out with work.

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Hi Lumpy – I’m a motivated marcher – but I started Thursday, March 2nd, not this week. Is it ok if I join this group?

• posted by Lumpyjumper
    on

Absolutely! Welcome Phreckles! The more the merrier, welcome to the gang!

• posted by xKimL2017x
    on

Hi Folks

I am on Day 2 and so far so good. Still a bit headachy but if I could get an appointment with the GP it would help as I need my medication reduced I think.

Nice not to have a bloated carb belly though .

• posted by fabulist
    on

Hi, I’m on Day 2 too! Diabetes T2 for 5 years, 53 in April. Dad lost eyesight due to T2 and died at 64. Mum 85, has struggled with T2 since her 30s! Feels like a death sentence but I WILL break the curse. Thank you for all the welcomes and support I’ve already received!

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hi all!!

Day 2 for me and coming in at 720 calories. So far not so bad…. I haven’t struggled so far but this is my second time of doing this diet. I did 6 weeks at the beginning of the year and lost 1 and a half stone. I have gained some back as I went away for 2 weeks but I am still a size 16 instead of the 18/20 I was. Operation size 14 here I come!!!!!!

Much love to all xxx

We can do this!!!

• posted by Firecrest
    on

Hello
    I just started this diet yesterday as well. Managed less than 800 calories both days. I am also trying to up my exercise as well. I do a lot of walking (dog!) and go to an aerobics class once a week. Today my walking group did over 8 miles and then I went to my exercise class, so feeling a bit weary. Plan to start cycling again, it is very hilly here so can improve fitness pretty quickly :-D. Hope to lose 1 stone 10 pounds but doubt I will achieve that in 8 weeks.
    Has anyone out there lost an average of 3 pounds per week on this diet? I just want to do it at a faster rate than the “normal” loss of 1 to 1.5 pounds per week.
    Anyway, good luck to you all.

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hey Firecrest

That’s what I was losing in Jan/Feb. I lost 20lbs in 6 weeks so around 3ish lbs a week. It is doable most definitely and I’m a slow loser, only ever losing a lb a week on weight watchers or slimming world.

This diets amazing and definitely works

Xxx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I lost 26 pounds in 8 weeks, so averaging just over 3 pounds a week. The lions share was lost in the first week as some was water weight, despite my diet already being lowish carb and intermittent fasting before.

• posted by Lumpyjumper
    on

Day 3 – struggling this morning, out for dinner with work this evening ( I’ve pre-ordered steak and salad) but I need to keep control of my calories for the remainder of the day, thankfully I’m in quite a few meetings which means I have less opportunity to go and seek food. Hope everyone has a really good day.

• posted by fabulist
    on

You know you got this, LJ! Drink water all day, and hot tea or coffee, ride the hunger pangs, and look forward to a lovely steak in the evening. If you’ve eaten sparsely all day, you will fill up quickly with the steak. I find when I eat very little, even a small meal satisfies me after a wait.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

• posted by Lumpyjumper
    on

Thanks fabulist, water being consumed as I type, in the end I did have 2 poached eggs and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast before my first meeting as I knew my brain would be less than productive. Now to just drink the water before dinner tonight.

I do have some good news though, I usually weigh in on a Wednesday and last week I got food poisoning and lost 10lb! This week I’ve only put on 2lb which I think is rather marvellous bearing in mind I went back to eating last Wednesday and had a carb fest on Saturday/Sunday. I’m absolutely convinced that the 2lb would have been 6lb if I hadn’t been following this plan, so I’m really pleased!

83.2kg today! πŸ™‚ Bring on the next week……

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Hi all and pleased to have found you. So, I’ll be 50 in a couple of weeks time and as 5ft 2″ my waist has reached the dizzying figure of 40″. Up until two years ago I was a size 8, then I managed to badly damage my knee … six months of crutches size 10 was getting tight. Then life happened and I became depressed and soon I was into size 12. I don’t know what size I am now as I refuse to shop for clothes. I have one pair of trousers that fit at a squeeze and wear my hubby’s old jumpers.
    I haven’t got scales to weigh myself but I know I was 66kg at the end of December 16. I don’t think my weight has changed much since then.
    I started the 800 eating plan this Monday and I am finding it very easy. Day one I had pea, leek and spinach soup for lunch then some bacon, lettuce and tomato for dinner. Day two I had Greek yoghurt with raspberries and chai seeds for breakfast, cauliflower and walnut soup for lunch and Greek yoghurt with cucumber and pepper for dinner. Today I have had Greek yoghurt with blueberries and linseed for brunch and will be having roast chicken salad for dinner. That’s the pot of yoghurt finished for this week.
    I am looking forward to continuing this revolution in my lifestyle, drawing inspiration from all the posters in this forum. Best wishes to all.

• posted by Lumpyjumper
    on

Welcome Buttermeup, sounds like you’re doing really well, I do find planning my meals ahead really helps. I look forward to encouraging you on your revolutionary new lifestyle. I’m sure you will be back in your size 12 and then size 8 clothes very soon πŸ™‚

LJ

• posted by shammy
    on

Hello all

I started yesterday too- I am going to measure myself and get weighed today – had the fab pear & porridge for brekky and looking forward to cottage cheese for lunch. I have tried 4 weeks of this – but when stressed or emotional I fall off it- so I have decided to listen to meditation cd when I feel crap, just watched Michael on youtube someone suggested and also signed up for food course on future learn mentioned in another thread. Lovely to hear all your stories S xxx feel v postive knowing i’m not doing this alone

• posted by Lumpyjumper
    on

Hey Shammy πŸ™‚ you’re definitely not alone, I fall off the wagon all the time when I’m trying to break old habits.

The main thing is to dust yourself off, remind yourself that you are only human, and come and chat to us.

Evenings are one of my biggest danger times, especially if I sit with the family to watch something on the TV as then I start to get the munchies. I’ve taken up dressmaking and quilting and so I take myself off to sew and watch whatever I was going to, on my ipad, then I’m busy but not missing a programme I’d like to watch either.

Good luck, stay positive, we’re with you all the way

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all
    I am a 2nd timer lost just over 3 st last year, and put back on 2/3 very slowly, but now feeling poorly again so back on it today. So may I join you all. I am going to do about 1,000 calls as last time my vitc and protein were not high enough for me and had a lot of hair loss.
    So shopping presently, meal plan done up to Sunday looking forward to feeling better and in control again.
    My sister said I was like a lively young pup before 🐢lol I’m 59 but here’s hoping. What you all having for dinner todayπŸ™‹Jan

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Hi there didn’t notice this yesterday. Just joined the forum, and on day 8 Doing well so far (10lb) and not feeling hungry, although that doesn’t mean I don’t fancy stuff. Have decided to reduce the sweeteners in my coffee rather than omit them otherwise sticking to the message. Good luck to ourselves.

• posted by fabulist
    on

Lumpyjumper, a 2lb gain after a 2-day carbfest is NOTHING. Miraculous!

Buttermeup and greenjanet, the 50s are the new 30s! Greenjanet, I am 53 and had a total hysterectomy a year ago, so I have had hair loss too. I use use Regaine (Boots, if you’re in the UK) for it. I think its the only product proven to work. We drive up from Brussels regularly to buy it!

Shammy, than you for the meditation idea, I’m going to check it out.

Lumpyjumper, we are all with you in spirit tonight, watching you with our beady eyes πŸ™‚

Evenings are my danger zone too, when I start picking at snacky things. Does anyone remember Rosemary Conley? She was infamous for once saying to a journalist, “if I crave chips, I pour washing-up liquid all over the plate and my temptation is gone.” My alternative to that is brushing my teeth *the very minute* I have swallowed my last morsel of dinner. It mostly works.

Good luck, everyone. We’re in this together!

• posted by fabulist
    on

Fletchrf, I am still hooked to my half-teaspoon of Truvia for coffee or tea, and the occasional (@@) Diet Coke. I figure: it’s better than craving and falling off the wagon altogether!

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a good day – the sun is shining and that helps so much!!

My work lunch out was very successful – I had an avocado and bacon salad and a soft drink. I have come back and counted what I had and it works out just shy of 400 calories as there was pure green salad with tomatoes and then the bacon and half an avocado, no dressing etc.. I’m really pleased with myself. Onwards and upwards and tonight’s meal is stuffed red bell peppers (mince and feta) and a side salad. Lovely.

Tomorrow is cheese salad for lunch I think, unless there is some nice meat left over in the fridge to go with it, and then tomorrow night I’m not sure, think we planned for frittata. Tomorrow night I will plan the weekend and the week ahead with menu’s and then write a list for the shopping to be done on Friday.

I find planning is the best way to be successful on this diet – If I knew what I was having and when and meal prepped, then I found it so much easier… long may this continue!!!!

Much love to all,

Rebecca xx

• posted by xKimL2017x
    on

Hi Lovelies

Day three and still not hungry or missing the quick fix carbs…….. how can this be? Deeeelighted!
    I noticed someone mentioned porridge……. I would love that for brekkie but not sure whether its too soon to try something carby??

Can anyone help?

Loving this forum. Don’t feel so alone or Alien like with the support here. Thank you x

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’d keep going as is for a while. Why introduce a high-carb variable at this early stage in the game when you’re having so much success avoiding carb cravings? Did you ever test your blood sugar after eating oatmeal before starting the BSD? If there’s a history of it causing blood sugar spikes for you, best ban it altogether. If it hasn’t caused problems in the past, maybe try a small portion of it a few weeks down the line. It has to be the unprocessed oats, though, steel-cut (pinhead) oats ideally. Rolled is debatable. Instant is right out.

Great job on your first three days, Kim! Keep up the good work and the positive attitude. πŸ™‚

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Absolutely better, fabulist.

• posted by fletchrf
    on

A long day. Bircher for breakfast at 8am. Crabcakes for lunch at 12.00 then a 200 mile round trip to see my mother who’s in hospital having broken her hip. Just to find she had just gone down to theatre. Back exhausted, but just (9.30) had my apple and beetroot soup and feeling well full. Tempted to have a wee dram but resisted.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hey Greenjanet!
    Welcome back!
    You’ve got this!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by AlexK
    on

Hi I’m a newbie how many carbs do you have on the 8 week plan. Because of family events I’m breaking myself in slowly for 2 week. I thought that would be better than postponing, I’ve fasted before with success but because of illness and life itself I need to get a grip ASAP…

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Alex and welcome.

In general we advise around 50g carbs a day, but lots of us go for much lower (myself included – I personally try to stick to between 25 and 30). Conversely many lose weight readily on a slightly higher carb allowance. I would suggest that, initially at least, you aim for 50 and see how you go. Do make sure you have plenty of protein and good fats though. And drink plenty of water.

Lots of friendly and knowledgeable people on here so just give a shout if you need help, encouragement or advice and one of them will be sure to answer.

Good luck and keep us posted please.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Good morning to you all. Have a fantastic day, keep smiling πŸ™‚
    I’ve got roasted cauliflower soup for lunch and mushroom omelette with green salad for dinner to look forward to. Yum.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Linda

How are you, have you been on plan all the time or what. I stopped about mid oct, and the weight has crept on unbelievably slowly, usually it would have all been back in no time. But am feeling all my old symptoms again, so looking forward to feeling better again.
    Jan

• posted by Lumpyjumper
    on

So fabulous to see so many people have joined our little group! Welcome all!

I was out last night with work, and whilst I had ordered the steak and salad in advance, ( without the skinny fries) and with extra salad, the shared starter of a scandanavian smorgasbord was irresistable but I did mostly stick to the fish, meat and salad selections. However, by the end of the meal my resolve had disappeared and I finished with a mixed berry and meringue desert. Feeling I let myself down but today is another day….and I have no upcoming events that might throw me in the foreseeable future.

So today I have some crudites and hoummous for lunch and the plan is to have some Chicken and salad for dinner.

Have a great day everyone!
    LJ

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Never mind LJ. A few cals on one day what make a blind bit of difference. Don’t beat yourself up this morning. Celebrate your renewed resolve this evening.

• posted by fabulist
    on

Good morning everyone!
    I have roasted chicken breast and chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots for lunch, and for dinner, maybe a stir-fry with chicken and peppers. This is Day 4 and I have lost 1 kg so far. Weight went up by 500g since yesterday but I am not going to be disheartened by that. I find it slightly challenging to stay strictly within 800 calories every day. Do you, for example, count all your salad vegetables like carrots and tomatoes?
    The 16:8 fasting is not so difficult for me, but how does one eat fat and stay within 800 calories? I would be grateful for any tips for tried-and-tested strategies.
    Lumpyjumper, well done on not blowing it big time. In the large scheme of things, one little meringue dessert is not going to stand in the way of you and your goal!

• posted by shammy
    on

Hi Kim

I have oatmeal or porridge for most breakfasts 25g so I make 50g and have over 2 days. When I did this diet for 4 weeks and came off it, the weight did NOT pile on at all and my ldl [bad cholesterol] has lowered significantly for the first time in 20 years. So I am in this for however long it takes- I am determined not to buy any big clothes and will fit into my wardrobe of clothes in size 16 and below…. soon. lost 2lbs in a day I know its water but still happy, cottage cheese for lunch, chickpea & quinoa salad for dinner, feel v motivated cos of you all x

was at friends for drinks last night stuck to herbal tea and no crisps or biccys – tofd host I was serious about this diet and really nice that everyone was supportive and I didn’t break it. I have the dawn phenomenon so eating 50g of chicken before bed, suggested on a thread, been good for me.

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Morning Everyone,
    Hope you are all doing ok :o)

Day 4 for me and I’m already 4lbs down, however I know that this is water/booze weight from holiday so I knew I would have a weight loss whoosh and I will plateau next week I’m sure but it’s a really good start, and very motivating!!!

Today is 2 eggs for breakfast at 11, then feta salad at lunch and tonight we have lemon chicken stir fry for tea. I want to have a slightly lower calorie day today, maybe coming in at 600 as I tomorrow night I will be having a couple of gins with a girlfriend. I promised her a month ago that I would and it was planned for last weekend so before I re-started but she had a school inspection (she’s a teacher) so last weekend was moved to this weekend. I’m going to do a bit of a sneaky and stick to slim line tonic without the gin whenever i go to the bar to get the drinks…. (and will save money!) and as it’s just the 2 of us that will be fairly often so I am hoping that with a massive salad with chicken for my meal before I go out I can hopefully stay within my calories…. I can live in hope!!! :o)

I hope everyone has a good day and keep smiling!

Much Love,

Rebecca xxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi fabulist

Yes we do need to count everything, the way I understand it, the rapid weight loss is down to keeping carbs under 50 calls at 800 and I record everything in myfitnesspal app which you can download free, and is invaluable to me, you can reset the calorie target in the goals section, hope you have a iPhone, or you could do it on a tablet or iPad.

Just for info carrots are quite high in carbs so eat very moderately.

For brunch I have had fried halloumi cheese poached eggs mushrooms and tomatoes, wow the cheese was so lush, never had it before, it’s on schedule now for regular indulgence. 😁😁😁

The sun is out here in Norfolk, so getting moving and motivated , feeling better already and it’s only been 24 hrs. Love this plan, why did I fall of the wagon bonkers. πŸ€”πŸ¦‹πŸ™‹

• posted by fabulist
    on

Thanks, greenjanet! Will download myfitnesspal onto my iPhone. Very sobering that I need to count everything, but at least I know now! Will regard carrots with suspicion from now on.

• posted by Storm333
    on

Hi all.
    I am starting today so hope it’s OK if I join too. Need all the encouragement I can get! Got lots to lose after 3 years of illness but am now healthy and determined 2017 is the year it will happen. Feeling positive so far. Good luck to us all!

• posted by fabulist
    on

Welcome on board, Storm! Great that you’re healthy again; stay around, we will all do this together.

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Welcome!! We can do this together, these boards are great for support and motivation :o)

xx

• posted by Storm333
    on

Thank you for your support already! Looking forward to reading all your posts, and hopefully reporting some success next week xx

• posted by fletchrf
    on

Welcome Storm. Plan to the last detail would be my advice, and keep coming here.

• posted by Lumpyjumper
    on

Welcome to the gang Storm! Plan everything and shop to your plan, this is a great place to find support and encouragement.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Jan
    Yes, I’ve stayed on plan! Not touched any added sugar or grains or bad carbs since I reached goal last September πŸ˜€
    My weight still fluctuates up and down by about 3kg (57-60kg) but I accept that is just part of my metabolism and so long as I don’t eat the bad stuff, I’m all good. I’m now in size 8-10 pants (was originally 16-18) and a small or 10-12 tops (again, was 16-18).
    I now drink very little alcohol – just don’t feel like it anymore) and I don’t get cravings for sugar, ever.
    The trick is to go cold turkey and just don’t cheatπŸ‘.
    Let us know how you go.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Greenjanet
    Great to see you back. I am in Norfolk also and it is a glorious day.

• posted by Storm333
    on

Wow LindaA! This is really encouraging stuff to read on my first day! I hope I’ll be able to do this well in time! Cold turkey, and lots of forward planning for me!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Linda

Bril work, you are an example of the success of this eating plan. I just wish I had never allowed myself to go back to bad habits, I was lulled into a false sense of security as the weight barely crept on for the first few months. But hey ho yep cold turkey here I come, already feeling better even after just 24 hrs, I think it’s the feeling of control, and normality it’s so reassuring.

Nice to hear from you πŸ™‹Jan

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh hi KrysiaD

Another name I recognise from before. We only moved here on 14 Feb, we are restoring two old barns and building a third to link them all up, we are in west Norfolk methwold, whereabouts are you. I have quite a bit of family here we have all gone up north from Kent. People here talk to you it’s all very alien, but lovely and friendly, and the sun is out looking forward to going to that beach in the summer where the household cavalry have their gallops in the sea, during their summer hols 🐴🐴🐴

How are you doing are you a lapsed peep like me or have you kept going.

πŸ™‹Jan

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

My oh my….
    Carb Flu has definitely kicked in – albeit mild but I have had to take some paracetamol and I felt a bit queasy and lightheaded earlier. Feel a bit better now that I have eaten lunch but I am glad that I am on the downward stretch to the end of the day!!!

Hope everyone’s day is going ok :o)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi buffy

Drink plenty and add a little salt to your food,
    That will stop the symptoms πŸ˜€

Please log in or register to post a reply.