KEEP ON KEEPING ON… A New 4 week challenge to 3rd October

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I must give fasting a try – my only issue is that I have to take meds with food each morning, I wonder if I just had a tablespoon of Greek yogurt if that would be ok..might try and see.
    I had a NSV today, bought a pair of pants in a size 16 yesterday. They are a good brand that I normally can’t afford and I found a brand new pair in the charity shop saw for only $4. I intended to put them away until they fit, but out of interest thought I’d try them on to see how far off I am – and to my utter amazement they fit! Happy dance! While 16 may seem big to all of you size 8/10s, I’m pretty tall (5ft 9), and before BSD was finding 20s a tad too tight. So to fit into a 16 is a major victory for me 🙂 I haven’t worn 16s for about 9 years!
    And to top it off, weighed myself this morning and.ive lost another pound, so down into the next 1/2 stone bracket now.
    Just need to keep this up!

• posted by EC
    on

morning all
    wrote a post yesterday, but accidentally closed my browser mid-chat….take 2…I mostly post on another site (with a few friends who are also here!) so finding time for both not always possible

I’ve been on the prolon fasting mimicking diet all this week…final day (5) today….no probs re the food (though its rather like bushwalking food!!) I’m my partner’s guinea pig as he works with it, so no cost which is good…but REALLY looking forward to real food (and coffee) again

forgot to weigh myself day one but was down I think 2kg yesterday…and one kg is back today!!! bugger!….though I suspect either fluid or tardy bowels due to the much more restrictive diet (mine is normally very high fibre…hope that’s not TMI!)

Well done SueBlue on the NSV..they are the ones keeping me going at the moment….my bushwalking jacket is less snug even with layers underneath…and the wardrobe clearing continues…just sold one item on a fb page, so even more motivation!!

thanks all for the support and for hanging in there
    xx

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning All,

Binges – Zero!

Today had a loss (off sorts). -0.2lb although I did actually hit this weight a week ago before it went back up again so back to my lowest at 144.2lb and really looking forward to being in the 130s. Going to try and get lots of water on board today.

SueBlue, loving the image of the happy dance in the new pants. Enjoy them as I guess they might end up too big before too long??
    EC – well done on the loss, hope you’re not too disappointed if it is 1 rather than 2kg.

Theodora, Alliecat, continuing to read with interest your maintenance strategies. JackieM, you WILL shift it, keep going.

Working this morning then going to a friend’s house for lunch. Bringing my own 🙂 Love it when friends are good enough friends to totally understand why I would want to do that.

Go well, x

• posted by JackieM
    on

Day two of Kefir. Held nose this time. I think it’s the goats milk I don’t like. However, will plow through this expensive 4 bottles and then get some Kefir grains as making your own with coconut milk sounds way better Onetowatch- like a kind of pina colada (a girl can dream). Still, the frozen lime grated on top helps A LOT.

200g down, based on nothing different except moving around more and being able to count calories better – oh and more veg.

Off to do Nordic Walking in a bit. Hup two three four ….

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

SueBlue, I’m 8/10 now, but started at high 20/22 so get where you are coming from! Congratulations on the NSV. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Anyone had kefir water? what does that taste like?

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

SueBlue- it’s an amazing feeling when you try on smaller clothes and find they fit! Far more rewarding I think than the scales because it is quantifiable in real terms. Keep a pair of your largest trousers and enjoy seeing how big they are when you put them! It really brings home how much weight has been lost! Won’t be long before the 16s are too tight – I found often that although the scales didn’t move, the fat did. I’ve said it many times on these threads, the science of weight loss is a mystery to me but reaping the rewards of the BSD way of eating is fantastic. I bought a pair of jeans off eBay this week and when they arrived I thought there was no way I’d get into them as they looked tiny- they looked fabulous on. Don’t care what the scales said, the jeans said it better!!

Have a good day everyone!

• posted by Mokovex
    on

“Don’t care what the scales said, the jeans said it better! ” – thanks ClarinetCathy, my quote of the day

• posted by SunnyB
    on

JackieM, if you want to text me a postal address, I’ll gladly send you some nice healthy kefir grains and instruction, as I have too many right now – 07768 206353. Will be going away end of next week, so would need to be before then. I would advise initially putting them in whole milk, to let them settle and then if you decide to use coconut milk, put them back into whole milk every few ferments to keep them healthy. Haven’t personally tried using coconut milk, so no idea what this is like as a finished product. I found the goat milk kefir much less palatable than the cow milk version and stick to using that at the moment.

Love the ‘jeans say it better’ phrase. They do don’t they!

I’m a little down on Tuesday’s weight, but resolved not to report anything until next Tuesday. Want to see if I can push my overnight fast out to 20 hours today, although I am not sticking solely to water, but am including a few hot drinks with a splash of almond milk. I’m sure it’s psychological as this only amounts to a handful of calories and zero carbs, but I just don’t feel quite ready to do the full on fast thing. Will probably get there at some point though.

Keep going everyone!

• posted by topcac
    on

Morning all

Busy battling my demons today – yesterday was great – went to the gym, kept to plan, today not so good but, as a very wise soul told me once (probably one of you lot) every minute is the opportunity to start again. Doing that a lot today!!

I’m off to Madrid for a long weekend tonight – love Chorizo so should be OK!! (also love Churros but lets’ not think about that). One positive thing is that I will be walking a lot over the next four days so hoping that this staves off any massive gains I may have from the culinary over indulgences.

Worried about being able to drink enough water and, if I do, where I’ll pee – I really need to get a grip! LOL
    Lovely to hear of non scale victories – they do seem the best – for the first time ever I am taking a pair of shorts with me that I have never been able to wear since I bought them 10 years ago because every summer I have been too large for them. Mad!

Anyway, enough blithering on – have a great weekend all, keep on keeping on – I shall be with you in spirit if not online

TC xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have a wonderful w/e, TC and don’t panic too much about the culinary indulgences while you’re away, I’m sure the walking will help and you have the tools to sort out any small gain when you get back. I know what you mean about the hydration thing when away or travelling – it causes me to under-hydrate as well. I’m determined not to allow that to happen on our upcoming trip though, as we’re away a long time and I want to keep things under reasonable control and I’ve come to believe that good hydration is essential.

Strange how we get these iffy days out of the blue isn’t it? Try to shake it off TC, as you say, every minute is a possible new start. But you have a wonderful few days in front of you, so focus on that for now and get your BSD head on again when you get back. Have a brilliant time!

• posted by JackieM
    on

SunnyB so kind! I will text you. Have just been looking for phone and then realised I was using it to read the posts. Doh.

Thankyou again

Jackie

• posted by Mariet
    on

Wedding eve at our house! I’m so excited ☺

After a full on week I’m happy that the house will look ok in the photographs, spare rooms ready for the guests, gardens looking a treat. We should have a wedding more often- no, I’m exhausted.

I’ve been too busy to eat during the day so unintentionally have been fasting 20 or more hours a day and haven’t been able to eat all 800 cal, time was I could have eaten 800 at a sitting but I can’t now ☺ Tomorrow will be a free pass. I don’t think I’ll go crazy because my tastes have changed but whatever the damage, I’ll worry about it later! So far half a kilo gone since weigh day but I’m confident that that won’t be the same next Tuesday.

Early good wishes to everyone for the weekend. I’m going to be having the best time and I hope you all do too.

• posted by bluebell50
    on

Hello Mariet!

I’ve just had a nose through your profile, and I think you deserve a HUGE gold star for your efforts!!! The excitement you’ve expressed about your son’s wedding is almost palpable… I hope you have a beautiful, happy and not too exhausting day. Love from Lowestoft, England.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Marie, have a wonderful day – such an exciting time for you and, more particularly your son and his wife to be.

I agree with Bluebell, your excitement is palpable and literally leaps off the page – or should I say screen.

Relax and enjoy the weekend, and the hell what the scales say next week – it’ll only be water and you’ll quickly flush it away😄

Please pass on our congratulations to your boy and his fiancée. Have fun💞👒🎩💘

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Mariet all the very best for your Son’s Wedding tomorrow , an extremely exciting time for you , and your efforts following the BSD have paid off as you can proudly show off your new Figure , you sound like you are on Top of the World ! All the very best to your Son and his Bride , may they enjoy a long and happy future together ❤️❤️
    What joy ! Enjoy every minute , I feel your elation as a Mother 💗💗💗
    This BSD Challenge thread is doing well , inspirational ! 👏👏👏👏
    H 66 xx

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Mariet – Adding my best wishes to you, your son and his bride. In total agreement that today is the day you forget the scales, each day brings its own priorities and today it is your family.

Topcac – enjoy your weekend and your shorts. Completely with you on the hydration thing, not knowing if and when I will be able to use a loo means I don’t drink enough in everyday life so I hope that Madrid is littered with facilities 🙂

Today I am 0.1lb down – Yay! it is movement and it is going the right way. Later I am going to get some butter and weigh out that portion so I can have an idea of what that looks like in fat. Then I will imagine that gone from my tummy. I am still amazed that only a short while ago I would have been grumpy about how little it is but..bigger picture still governing my mood on this.

Go well,

• posted by Theodora
    on

Good morning all.

Have a great weekend TC.

Obviously Mariet is going to have a fantastic weekend.

Great to hear the scales are moving in the right direction Mokovex – well done.

I am gobsmacked to report that my 2 day water only fast is still having a knock on effect, with the scales showing another drop this morning, despite not counting cals or carbs since I broke fast on Monday evening, and enjoying a pre dinner glass of wine each evening 😃 I now have a full 6lbs wriggle room (the most yet – 8st 1lb) and am convinced I can do this for life 😀

We have 12 guests for dinner this evening, so probably won’t have quite so much wriggle room come the morning though 😜

This is turning into a great challenge, lots of really good news – both BSD and otherwise. Have a good day everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on the continued loss, Theodore. I’m a bit miffed, as the result of my extended overnight fast yesterday and keeping cals and carbs under 800/20 respectively, was a half pound increase on the scales this morning! I know my fast was only 20 hours, but I expected to see something positive – hey ho.

Anyway, so far today I have only had 64ml Kefir, 250ml Almond milk and an okara cracker (approx. 78 cals and 4g carb) plus loads of water. We’re going out for a meal this evening, so I have been saving myself for that. There will be wine drunk and probably more cals and carbs than I’d usually have, but still have three days in hand to the end of this week on the challenge, so I’m not stressing. With luck I will be able to report a loss of some sort come Tuesday.

Still hoping to increase my wriggle room before we go away next w/e – 9 days to go – but not confident it will happen. I’m under target though, so if I don’t lose anymore in those 9 days, so be it.

Have a good w/e everyone, especially those doing something special.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sunny, don’t be miffed. Everyone reacts differently and, to be honest, I have never experienced this contined weight loss after a fast before. But my longest fast before this one was only 36 hours and most have only been 24. Maybe it’s the extended length of my fast that’s made the difference?

A lot can happen in 9 days, Sunny, so don’t be discouraged. You already have enough wriggle room to enable you to relax and enjoy your holiday and, if you’ve gone over target a little upon your return, you know you have the tools to rectify matters quickly.

Just sitting down for an hour before getting ready for our 12 dinner guests to arrive (tempted to have a little glass of something, but trying to resist 😨) I’ve been cooking all day, and I’ve eaten not a single mouthful. Not even licked a spoon (o/h has proved his worth as chief taster😉) I have lived on water and black coffee all day in anticipation of a bit of a blowout this evening 😜

Have a great evening everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m not too stressed about the lack of positive outcome from the fasting, was a bit disappointing though. As you say, 9 days is still time to make some progress and I will do my best to use that time well.

Have a lovely time with your friends this evening. How you resisted licking spoons today, I really don’t know – more will power than I have! To go out to dinner this evening, I’m wearing a dress I haven’t been able to wear for approx. 15yrs and it looks good and feels great. OH and I will have a good evening and I’ll be back to it tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening everyone.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Thank you all so much for your good wishes! It’s a lovely sunny morning so far so fingers crossed, there are possible showers later but with any luck, not until we’re at the reception.

Celebrations started yesterday with 3 glasses of red and two bread rolls (!!!)

But a last hurrah on the scales this morning and somehow I am the lowest weight I have been in 28 years. And as a special bonus from the whoosh fairy, my waist today is exactly half my height which means a 35 cm reduction since Feb when I started on BSD. Let me repeat that for my own benefit, 35 cm. I just calculated it. About 14 inches. So speechless I am unable to form sentences.

Good luck and happy times to all.

• posted by Hello 66
    on

On all counts you must be just about delirious this morning Mariet , what an effort , on the other hand you must have almost ‘ waisted ‘ away 😂😂😂😂
    You must feel so proud of yourself .
    You certainly earned those reds and rolls after your busy week preparing ,
    youll be able to relax a bit today food wise and enjoy the Wedding Breakfast as well as the Ceremony .
    Have a truly wonderful day , may your Son and his Bride be blessed with fine weather , enjoy a champers or two , and I’ll be one of many looking forward to hearing all about the Wedding 😄
    Pity we can’t share photos here on the Forum .
    I am gob smacked and so impressed that you’ve been able to achieve this since January , and to lose so much off your waist as well is amazing , you’ve given me incentive !
    I’m about to go measure my waist right now !
    A big thank you for sharing your journey Mariet , you along with others are proof that this BSD certainly does work if adhered to , and for me It helps me to gain confidence in the knowledge that if others can succeed , so can I !
    My goal is to lose weight and ‘ inches ‘ along with ‘ losing ‘ my pre diabetes !
    All the very best for today .
    H66 😊💐

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Mariet – 35cm ! I am astonished and thrilled right along with you. That is quite some achievement.

SunnyB – even without the loss you’d hoped for, super well done for being under target. That is encouragement for those of us heading there. I confess I am worried about coming ‘off plan’ at the end of my 8 weeks as I think the lack of clear boundaries might be my undoing and I can’t even begin to think about my head being in a good enough place to maintain.

Today, -0.4 lb 🙂
    -0.75 ” from waist
    into the next number bracket on the BMI (23.9)
    Fat % continues to drop. Not at healthy yet, but getting there.
    No longer taking reflux meds.
    Starting to reduce/review the meds for a 4yr daily headache.

My loses on the scales have been horribly slow but because I have been able to vent here, on this forum, I feel sooooo happy that how I process those numbers has changed and continues to be more positive. That to me is nothing short of a miracle. Over the last handful of years, every attempt to lose the weight has failed because I couldn’t deal with the scale not shifting (at the rate I felt it should). That disappointment had me scampering right back to the white poison. This is the first time I have broken through the 30 day barrier and am actively keeping on keeping on. Continuing to wholeheartedly celebrate hubby’s more rapid weight loss whilst we both recognise that it is my, more modest, loss that has had the greatest positive impact on family life.

Anyone watch how to stay young on the BBC recently. A great reminder about the aging effects of our dietary choices etc. Trying to remember that I am now turning the clock back.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b095b3tm/how-to-stay-young-series-2-episode-1

Go well all.

• posted by Theodora
    on

My goodness Mariet, 35cm since February is incredible 😄😀 Well done, no wonder you are a happy bunny. You have worked hard though, so really deserve the reward. 😁

Guess we may not hear from you for a day or two whilst you are celebrating your boy’s nuptials but I truly hope you are all having the most amazing time, really looking forward to hearing about it.

We had a great evening and finally fell into bed at just after 3am. Haven’t been near the scales this morning yet though, I’m not sure I want to hear what they have to say😨 I indulged in all 4 courses though, to be fair, I managed to resist the refined carbs and the puddings (stuck to summer berries). Probably a rather futile gesture considering the amount of wine I drank, but at least a nod towards BSD😜

Hope everyone has a good day, particularly you, Mariet. X

PS Mokovex, I too was terrified of entering maintainence but have now been there for 19 / 20 weeks and I promise you, once you get your head round it, it’s not as difficult as we all fear. So well done on your continued loss, but decide on a maintenance strategy and stick with it – err, maybe with the occasional blowout, but honestly, you’ll be fine😃

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Good morning everyone.

I have been reading about all your successes (mostly) and have a good day Mariet, you deserve it after all your hard work. I dont have time to acknowledge you all individually as this thread has grown like topsy in my absence. So good to see it.

I have just put my friends on their flight home and will be slowly getting back into my old routine. To be fair I have been fairly good – my friends kept saying “how can you not have a pudding – how can you leave the bread / chips / potatoes etc” but I did have some serious slips. One day I had a mountain of chips but the meal was steak and chips, no choice, nothing else, just take it or leave it. It was a special treat at a very famous restaurant in Bordeaux. Then there was the other famous restaurant where it is 7 courses with a different wine with each course, plus aperos before the meal and liquers after. My friends said it was the best meal they have ever had so it was worth it. Only me not drinking at all rather surprised them.

Anyway it is all done and dusted and I have 5 weeks before my next round of holidays and will be having an official weigh in on Tuesday as usual although I already know the damage to my weight – I will have lost a bit by Tuesday as I am straight back on it. The saving grace is that my BG has never gone above 110 or 6.1 so I am happy about that.

Good luck to you all and keep on keeping on…

on

I have a question. Because I have been able to get Greek yoghurt quite easily I know my own brand and love it. Went shopping today and blumming ummer, no Greek yoghurt but I did see Skyr yoghurt. I have heard about this although this is the first time I have seen it in France. It is 0.02 grams of fat with 3.5 grams of carbs and 60 calories per 100 grams. I know we are not low fat but is this okay as it is ‘naturally’ low fat. Answers on a postcard please……

• posted by AnnieW
    on

I believe the plain one is ok. However, I only bought it once as I did not like the taste. Also, unlike Fage and some others, it is not ‘live’ which is something I prefer.

on

Thanks Annie, it is the plain one and I havent tried it yet so not sure on taste. I do love my Delice Natural Greek yoghurt and will go back to it when I can find it again. I have noticed a very worrying trend here in France and that is that whole fats are disappearing from the cold chill shelves and they are becoming full of ‘low’ fat everything from yogs, cheese, creams and even butter (mixed with other things), so I am struggling to keep to my healthy fats. Hopefully, it is just a fad they are going through.

• posted by bluebell50
    on

Hello – If, I might butt in, the Total (Fage) full fat, or any other ‘live’ yoghurt can be perpetuated by adding some to a thermos flask with your choice of milk and left overnight. Then strained, you have another delicious batch, and can do the same over and over. Shame I’m dairy free at the moment, but if I buy a 150g pot, I eat a 150g pot.

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning,

Sunshine-girl & Theodora. Sounds like you both have had a great time and made some rational decisions around your food choices, well done. I aspire to that.

Today – +0.4lb. 🙁

At least I know it is always a little gain on a Sunday for both me and hubby. Because we are using the same weekly meal plan for a number of weeks, we can tell which foods seem to have a longer transit and seem to ’cause’ a gain. Definitely seem to be stuck at a loss of 1lb a week. Will confess that today is one of those days where that seems more discouraging. I recognise that is part of the highs and lows and need to keep on keeping on.

go well.

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Hi friends

What amazing news you all have- Mariet you must be so proud! Of yourself and your son. Really hope you ha da magical day and look forward to hearing all about it! We have a wedding planned for 25th march would welcome your advice!!

Topcac you made me laugh remembering that when we lived in the van in Italy and I did my. First 36 hour fast I drank so much water I had to pee every hour. Husband devised a solution that included a funnel and a large water bottle!!! Sometimes the bottle was only just enough tmi tmi tmi lol

Theodora – I love your balanced approach to maintenance – a bit of a blow out a fast etc – seems to me how we would have eaten back in the days of our ancestors…

JackieM yeah pina colada – never thought of frozen lime schreds I like that idea. Kefir water is called Kombucha. I bought the grains and the jar for a grind of mine who got very sick and ended up buying some for us too. Once we got the recipe right it was quite a refreshing elderflower taste – when you get it wrong it’s like vinegar!! But we got tired of feeding the kombucha people – when you go away you can ask someone to cat sit fat Brian the cat but you
    Can’t really ask them
    To kmobucha sit!!

Our Italian house has exchanged – we are a bit freaked out!

On my way up to Yorkshire to meet my best friends new baby.

Bit up and down but got the white carbs eliminated and back to 800-1000 per day. Now just need to focus on reducing carb numbers and get my focus back! I want to end this challenge in the 60’s! That’s 3 kilos away right now!

Love to all. erica / onetowatch

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Thank you bluebell50. I have been meaning to start making my own yoghurt for a while but haven’t got around to it yet. Just having a kitchen refit and once that is done will use your recommendation to get started (not sure where the flasks are at the moment!)

• posted by Luckylil
    on

Hi there sunshine-girl,

We’ve been exchanging posts on another thread, but when I noticed your comment on full fat products in France, I wondered if anyone can explain why there is so little fresh milk on the shelves in French supermarkets. But tons of long life stuff. For a country which prides itself on its gourmet tendencies, I find this weird. We spend a couple of months each year touring France in our caravan, since we retired. And I always have to search for proper milk.
    Love to hear your snippets from Dordogne, re weather, restaurants etc. Had an idyllic 4 weeks there May/June (although not so idyllic for my weight and blood sugars). Crikey it was much hotter than I was expecting. But next year, I am determined to have a swimsuit with me and I WILL go swimming. Sadly my size has kept me out of pools for years. But I am 1 1/2 stone lighter than 8 weeks ago on the aussie BSD online programme, so I have high hopes that this time I will succeed, and keep it off.
    Sorry for hijacking the thread a little.
    Congrats to all you amazing ladies who are doing “happy dances”.
    Carole

on

Hi Luckylil, there is loads of full fat, half fat, skimmed fresh milk in the cold section usually next to the butter, margarine and crème fraiche. If you see just the long life you are looking in the wrong place. I must admit small rural mini markets might not have a good selection and long life might keep better than having stocks on fresh milk.

In the Dordogne this last week it has done very little else than rain and the night temperatures have been down to around 12 -15 and daytime only up to 18 – 22 so our swimming pool has gone very cold and, sadly, we probably wont get to swim again this season even though the weather is set to come back to normal at around 26 over the next 2 weeks – the pool wont heat back up now. We have had friends staying and it has been a disappointment but encouraged us to take them out and about – Bergerac, Bordeaux, the monolithic church at Aubeterre and of course, to lots of restaurants and bars.

Just say hi now and then and let us know how you are getting one sounds like you will be in your cozzie next year. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Not been on the scales for a couple of days- don’t know why but I feel like I need a break from weighing. Think it is because there hasn’t been any downward trend recently and I am getting fed up of Groundhog Day! Today I went wedding dress buying with my daughter In law to be and her mum. We had a lovely afternoon and in actual fact her mum has started on the BSD after seeing how well I have done and has already lost one stone in three weeks and is loving the BSD way of eating. I am going away on 25th and I think I am going to give myself a little break from being so hard on myself for the next couple of weeks. Maybe the break will do me good and when I come back I can get right back to it. Unfortunately I am not going to be at goal as planned next week but I am not far off it. There is no way I will ever stop following BSD but I think I need to relax a little and believe. I will weigh in on Tuesday and post and then again on 3rd October after my holiday for the final weigh in of this challenge. I have probably been a little unreasonable giving myself a target date to achieve my goal and in hindsight I should have just accepted that it will happen when it happens. I feel I have put myself under unnecessary pressure and perhaps that is why I feel disappointed that I haven’t yet achieved my goal. So for the foreseeable future I will keep on keeping on!

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning,

ClarinetCathy. Groundhog day, that is a great way to express this particular frustration. I hope that your little break gives you back your mojo and that you can use this goal setting experience to benefit you long term. What a lovely thing to be such an inspiration for the in-laws. If I am learning anything during this whole process it is that BSD WILL result in changes. The form those changes take varies from individual to individual. I think you are wise to say that it will happen when it happens. As a slow loser, it is phrases like those that encourage me most.

Today:
    Binges = zero
    – 0.6lb 🙂
    This means yesterday’s gain is gone + and extra 0.3lb, so down to lowest weight so far.

Because my loses are comparatively small, I am getting to know what each 0.1lb looks like. I weighed it out in butter last week and was shocked at how much 1.6oz actually is when viewed as fat. Whilst I know that each loss will include some water, it was certainly good for a mood boost.

Go well,

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Struggled to stay focused and positive over the w/e, as the scales definitely were not co-operating. Little better this morning, but I know I am looking at weighing in at the same tomorrow as last Tuesday, so not particularly happy, as I was looking to gain a little more wriggle room for when we go away at the end of the week. Having a frugal day today in the hope of making a little headway. If it doesn’t happen, I guess it’s hardly a disaster, given that I am already under target weight.

One plus over the w/e, was trying on a couple of dresses and finding them far to big to get away with wearing them now. It’s a good excuse to look to add a couple more to my wardrobe in the right size at some point!

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

At my friends in Yorkshire – with a big bag of clothes to give away to the new mummy! Not too bad today- 900 calls and under 40 carbs. I am struggling a bit to keep to 800. Any ideas on refocusing? Weight is stable at 72 but I would like to hit the 60’s soon!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Apologies for the long post I foresee 😊

I could not have asked for a better day; the weather was wonderful sunny but cool. The boys got ready here at my house so it was a bit crowded with the 5 of them and 2 photographers, plus house guests, plus my ex-husband and his wife! But everyone was good humoured and happy and it went really smoothly. I was out of it for most of the morning, off having hair and make up done then just home to scramble into my clothes. Those photos where the mothers of the groom are easily and simply fixing their son’s buttonholes, how come all those women know how to do that? I was all thumbs, took me forever. Katie, my new daughter in law, had arranged for a lapel corsage for Daniel’s grandmother as well as for me and Daniel’s stepmother, it made my mum so very happy.
    As an aside, my 83 year old mother has lost 10kg over the past 6 months using this way of eating and I am so proud of her. No help from her doctor who told her that at 83, being pre-diabetic was nothing to be concerned about!
    The wedding service was just lovely, it was an Anglican service which was new to me and I much preferred it to the lengthy one that would have been used in my denomination.
    Katie is tall and slender and the dress she chose was a dream, I think it’s called ‘mermaid’ style? Fitting to below the hips then hooped out below with a train. And heavy! It must have weighed 5kg! Seeing my son’s expression as Katie came down the aisle with her father had both my ex-husband and me wiping tears away- as was Daniel!
    They had practiced for the waltz only once and Daniel thought it would be a disaster; ballroom dancing isn’t Katie’s thing though Daniel is very athletic and was trying to coach her through it. They pulled it off though, it was fantastic and the venue pumped out the smoke machine to make up any deficiencies with lots of ambience 😊
    The venue for the reception was on Sydney harbour, a downstairs dance floor and a gallery upstairs with all the tables. It made for a wonderful entrance, everyone upstairs looking over, then the bridal party introduced and standing on the steps, then the bride and groom.
    I don’t remember what I ate! It was very yummy though and I ate everything offered to me. Didn’t drink much at the reception but I’d gone with friends to the casino champagne bar in the hours between ceremony and reception and had my fair share then.
    All in all, it was a marvellous day and night and I’m in awe of the organisation Katie and her family put into it. They’ve set a very high bar for me to try to match for my own daughter’s wedding next June! (Must at least maintain until then! Can’t let myself go with another big event in the offing!)
    Weighed myself today and the damage is 1kg so not too bad and hopefully soon off. Guests are gone, the kids are off on their honeymoon (5 weeks around the world! Different from my honeymoon 35 years ago!) so I can get back to normal.
    Thank you all so much for your warm and supportive posts, it was very moving to me.
    Mokovex, my weight loss was always all over the place, so sometimes 2lb a week but far more often no loss for several weeks then a sudden drop, or else a few weeks in a row of a quarter to half a pound down. I would have been so happy with a regular 1lb a week! Are you trying on your ‘too small’ clothes or have you bought any clothes of the future? I had a cocktail dress from many years ago, when I started BSD it was 12 inches away from zipping up. Seeing that gap slowly close was really encouraging to me when the scales weren’t moving as I’d like. Inches seem to go at a different rate from the scales.
    Onetowatch, congratulations of your Italian house, so exciting! Where in Italy is it?
    Congratulations to those who have lost and commiserations to those who haven’t on this weigh day, half way through the challenge I think? Keeping on keeping on!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Mariet, your – or should I say your son’s – big day sounds perfect, absolutely magical in fact, and I’m so pleased it went so well. Thank you for sharing your family’s happiness with us, and I wish Daniel and Katie a long and happy life together.

Erica, that is sooo exciting – though I can also imagine that buying a house abroad is quite daunting. Do you intend living there full time? Or will it be a holiday home? Whatever, I wish you every happiness there.

Had a few days over-indulgence, so think the scales may not be overly kind for weigh in tomorrow, hey ho back to the drawing board 😜

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Thank you for the lovely “visual” Mariet — the wedding sounds wonderful. Congratulations to the mother of the groom! And Katie and Daniel — have a fantastic journey together.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

HI all.Thanks to Mariet for all the wedding info.we are getting motivated for our youngest son’s wedding in 6 weeks and your description has really motivated me.this week I have lost 1.2 kg this is the best Ive done in months.So I will stick to my plan .no breaky.sensible lunch vegies with 100gm of protein. Afternoon a latte.dinner same as lunch.night snack berries with yoghurt.lots of green tea.water and 30 mins walking.sounds easy and at the moment it feels very doable.We also have a wedding in singapore in 4 weeks so Im very busy getting all arrangements confirmed and getting my other kids organisedas we live in perth and our wedding is in country Queensland.Well done to this weeks loosers.For the test never give up cheers Lynne

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning All,

05/09/17 – 145.5lb
    Week 1 …. 144.5 (-1lb)
    Week 2…..143.2 (-1.3lb) 🙂 🙂

Food binges (zero !)

Mariet, what a truly lovely description of the wedding, genuinely felt like I was in your house watching those buttonholes getting fastened on and only 1kg gain. You seem to be in a good place to sort that out. Thanks too for your encouragement. Having read through your story so far, it is great to see that someone who has managed to shift some weight would be happy with a steady -1lb loss. My perspective is being shifted. Funny you should ask about clothes of the future, I call them my aspirational clothes, I bought a couple of dresses on Saturday. It will take a while before they fit but hey ho.
    I managed 19,000 steps yesterday (and my calves are feeling it today) which feels good.

Hoping for losses for you all today.

Go well

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

In the middle of another long fast today, with the same pattern so far as last week. Up to 11 stone 3 over the weekend, then today’s weigh in at 11 stone exactly. This week’s plan is not eating until 4pm any day, including today, and going OMAD or one meal a day every day of the week between 4pm and 8pm. Friday night I am heading up to my parents just for one night, and driving back the next night, so this may help keep the alcohol intake to a sensible level next weekend. If I hold out to 4pm today this will be a 42 hour fast. Hoping next Tuesday to be solidly below 11 stone and heading for my wiggle room target.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey there all.

Onetowatch I am bumbling around in the 68.5 – 69kg weight. Like you say, stable but I really want to be 64kg and then I won’t be overweight anymore. So if you come up with a sure fire way of doing it, I am IN!!!!!!

I am not eating lots of carbs, but I am also currently too busy to weigh the red peppers/courgette or cucumber in my chicken salad! So I am trying to keep portion sizes small, only eating to hunger and avoiding known carb foods. And of course drinking lots of water! I feel so much better in myself and when I look sideways in the mirror, although I am still a size 14 in the hip area. But hey, I couldn’t have been this busy in July, it would have wiped me out, so it’s all good 😀

Not posting so much (like I said, busy busy busy) but always checking in to see how you all are! Xxx

• posted by Theodora
    on

I’m awfully pleased I did my extended fast last week, which gave me 6lbs wriggle room, as the past few days have been a disaster. Very socially challenging as far as BSD was concerned 😨 Great fun though 😄

It started on Friday evening when we had 12 dinner guests and partied til 3am, Saturday felt a little “slow”😉 and I needed a few snacks just to keep going, Sunday we met friends at the pub for a lunchtime drink, which turned into actual lunch, which then segued into going back to the friend’s house for an evening bbq 😨 Why we needed more food and drink goodness only knows, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Then yesterday we were invited onto a friend’s yacht for yet more food and drink (and a little bit of sailing too!) Anyway, the sad result is a 3lb gain in 4 days 😢

We are out for dinner with friends this evening but come tomorrow I will have to seriously get back on track to restore all that wriggle room I seem to have wantonly thrown away 😢

So official weigh in result for me – 8st 4lbs (52.6kg) (3lbs under target) so still maintaining I guess, but feeling fat😢

Hoping to hear better results from everyone else.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like a perfect day, Mariet and wonderful you could relax and enjoy it and that 1kg will soo be gone again.

Well done all those who have lost and to those maintaining. I’m 0.4lb up on last Tuesday, so a bit miffed and irritated that I haven’t managed to decrease my wriggle room instead of increasing it. I’m still under my target weight, so trying not to be too annoyed about the situation. Still have a few days in hand, to make a bit more progress before the holiday.

Commiserations to all those who have gained or not achieved the loss they had hoped for this week. Let’s redouble our effort, get back to basics and see if we can’t manage something positive to post next time.

Keep on keeping on ….. best of luck to you all.

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

I’ve gone up 1lb, am really moving in the wrong direction so far this challenge!
    But my OH is going to be away for a couple of days this week which gives me the chance to skip the odd breakfast or lunch, so fingers crossed for a better result next week.

Theodora your life sounds like such fun!

I can’t believe that I would be feeling fat if I was 8st 4 😳 I’m feeling quite slim at 9st 6, and I’m only v little! 😄

• posted by bluebell50
    on

oh Mariet, how I wish we could post photographs on this site, but having said that, once again your description of the day was almost palpable. I could see a person I don’t know, in my mind’s eye, adjusting the buttonholes, bursting with pride as Daniel and Katy danced, and feeling so proud of your dear mum too. And now your daughters wedding to look forward to! Lucky, lucky you.
    Theodora – how lucky to have such a lovely social life and still be under goal weight. An inspiration to us all.
    I’m off to the city today with my daughter as she has booked some sessions with a hypnotherapist. It’s going to be expensive, but if she and the therapist ‘gel’ today then any amount of money is worth it. I’ve worked out that if I stopped smoking, it would easily pay for two sessions a month, so that is my motivation. We’ve clocked up so many steps over the past couple of weeks that my knee is killing me, but I know she won’t cope if she has to go alone, so I’m keeping schtum. I shall just be very kind to myself when we get back. Hope you’re all having a lovely day. xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.