Keep on Going, Be it Shine or Snowing – 4 week challenge ending 8th August

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks for your words of wisdom Mnm. Very much appreciated. The trouble is that for the next 9 weeks we have house guests virtually non stop, with just the occasional day between (enough to change the sheets, but not much more ) and if I don’t keep a cap on it, I could put an awful lot of pounds back on in that time – I can’t, in all reality, do BSD800 while catering for the house full of guests which we always seem to have in the summer – hazard of living by the sea😜

Looks like I may be heading for another full round of BSD800 come October 😒

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – I have got much better at asking lately. Faced with a choice of jacket potatoes, sausage rolls or sandwiches at a National Trust cafe last Sunday I was resigned to having just my emergency chocolate for lunch. When I mentioned I don’t eat wheat or potatoes I was offered the ham sandwich without the bread.

What I was served with was the most delicious plate of salad with ham – much nicer than any sandwich or my emergency chocolate – although I did have a square with my coffee afterwards.

• posted by Verano
    on

Krysia it really is just a case of asking sometimes. We were at a fixed menu carvery lunch on Friday and the main meal was really limited. It would have been roast beef and cabbage for me! So I asked for a salad and they found one for me from another kitchen, which I had with the beef, so problem solved!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I think you will find Theodora, that much like I have found, there is a limit to how much you will put back on. I estimate that the ‘true weight’ I put on over my birthday blowout was about 2 pounds, and at 3,500 extra calories per pound on that is about right for two weeks overeating at 500 extra calories or so a day, with the wrong stuff as well. If you stick to your guns in avoiding processed carbs you will probably do far better than me.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks for those very encouraging words Mnm. I hope you are right.

My plan is to stay off refined carbs (probably forever as I don’t find I miss them much anymore) and to throw in a fast day every time one lot of guests depart and before the next arrive 😊 Hoping that will mitigate the damage somewhat – as you say, there is no way the 2.5lbs I have gained since yesterday can possibly be fat.

Already been for a 5 mile coastal path walk before brunch (full English for everyone else, yoghurt and blueberries for me – much nicer IMO). Then we will be heading down to the waterside pub for a quick pint before an afternoon of sailing, so plenty of exercise to use up some of the excess calories 😜 Dinner at home this evening so I am in charge – sea bream is on the menu, so very bsd friendly 😊

Thanks again Mnm – your support and experience really helps.

Enjoy rest of weekend everyone – after the torrential rain of the past couple of days, the sun is shining here so I hope it is for everyone else.🌞

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have read through recent posts and there is – as usual – a lot of sound advice and wisdom here.

Personally had a rather disastrous day yesterday. Attended a wedding and ended up eating cr*p and drinking too much wine for someone not used to drinking anymore. Upshot was, that my body did something quite strange. It protested by having the hangover right there and then – pounding head, bilious stomach and what can only politely be described as enthusiastic bowel evacuation. I felt so wretched, we left the party at 20.00, got home, took painkillers, drank some water and went straight to bed.

So anyway, note to self – NEVER start drinking before you have eaten, even if it is only half a glass of wine and DO NOT compromise your way of eating, no matter how tempting the offering might appear. There really was no good reason to eat the carb based snacks yesterday, as I had eaten enough to feel full during the main meal and had manage to avoid the bad carbs in the process – wine notwithstanding.

That’s it – venting over – current status, is I feel a little delicate this morning, not quite 100%, but have been able to eat and drink BSD normally this morning and the scales came in at just half a pound off my target weight, so no damage from yesterday. I’m hoping to hit target in the next few days and with luck will be able to drop a little more too.

Right now, I need to do a little straightening up, as we have guests arriving later and our youngest grand daughter will be staying with us for the coming week.

Have a good Sunday everyone. Hope everyone will be able to post something positive on Tuesday.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Theodora please don’t worry about a few excess pounds. Last week I put on 2.8kg – over 6lb – after a weekend of excess. Someone wrote on here about carbs holding onto water and that weight gain weight was temporary – and sure enough within a few days back on BSD the 6lb had gone again. The carbs I had were in a few slices of pizza and a sliver of pavlova BUT I also drank some
    Wine. Anyway the point is I’m sure any gains are temporary and easily reversed – you’ve come so far since we begun in January I’m sure a few “off-plan”
    Days won’t hurt long term πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks, Sue – sadly I’m in for more than a “few” off plan days, in fact there will be only a few “on-plan” days between now and the end of September. And apart from the wine, I didn’t have any carbs yesterday – other than the normal veg ones. But hopefully, as Mnm suggests, the weight gain won’t continue at this rate, and I will throw in some fast days as and when I can. Nice to know that you dropped your 6lbs gain so quickly, well done.

And as far as wine is concerned, I reintroduced it when I hit maintenance at the beginning of May and have been having a glass or two virtually every day since then, with no impact whatsoever on my weight. Really think this must just be a water gain, as you and Mnm say, and it will hopefully level out – already drunk 3 pints of water today, and it’s only 12.30, so will probably get in at least another 3pts 😝 which will hopefully help to flush the excess away.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Verano, good on you for setting out your plan (this thread? another thread?)… thinking … thinking … why am I wise only for others? So, I’m doing my own plan – writing it out and reading it aloud (that somehow makes it more real for me). Will share when I’ve revised and am happy with it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Marsie

I’ve posted on ‘Serious 800’. I’m not doing this challenge because it’s half way through almost and my head’s been all over the place. Also I think I need to just concentrate on a couple of threads otherwise I get lost! I do read other thread and comment occasionally but don’t really participate.

Glad you’re writing a plan too. I have found it has helped me concentrate my mind so thank you!

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Clarinet – just looking back at your posts and wonder if adding in some cooked green veg would be more satisfying for you? I find if I do 6oz of greens with main meals it helps a lot with hunger?

My goal for the 11th August is 2.5 kilos whic would take me from 78.5 to 76. I’ve stayed the same for last four days so hoping for a whoosh soon!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I do the same thing Onetowatch. I remember at the beginning of doing this I had ploughmans for lunch and it looked like such a tiny amount on the plate – but adding lettuce & spinach and the plate looks full πŸ™‚
    I have renewed focus this week, as I wrote about in another thread. I started another 8 week round yesterday, in an effort to reach my birthday goal weight, which last week was almost 6kg away.
    I’ve had good results over the past week, as although I wasn’t sticking to 800 calories last week I was still eating BSD foods. Anyway am happy to report a 1.3kg loss this week – think this is 3lb?
    This means I’m now only 1.3kg away from my goal for this 4 week challenge, and a bit closer to my 8 week goal πŸ™‚
    I cooked up a storm on Sunday and have all my breakfasts and most lunches and dinners for the week all ready to go, so there’s no excuses for me this week. Good luck to everyone else weighing in today!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

HI Everyone. Im back from my holiday and ready to start the challenge.Even tho its nearly over I feel like I must get back to routine asap. I ate everything while I was away .the asian cakes and bread.the curries and fried stuff. The noodles and small portions of rice.and
    I discovered that they did not really give the enjoyment that I remember.I have always loved vegies and I enjoyed a good portion of veg at each meal.often ordered a clear soup.I also noticed food courts with signs of recommended healthy dishes and portion sizes in mini or full.So , today at weigh in Im 82kg .Im very happy with that its only .5kg above my all time lowest.probably all the walking and swimming has kept it down.
    The only problem now is that I have a cold and cough lozegers are full of sugar.
    Im feeling motivated .so goal to loose .5kg this week.good eating not good luck to you all.we control can what we eat.cheers Lynne

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello everyone.

Weigh-in today 63.7kg. Its ok. Could be better, could be worse.

Thinking good thoughts for everyone else with their weigh-in today and the forthcoming week.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done Lynne – that’s a fantastic result after being on holiday and eating more or less everything. And great that you found that it didn’t give as much pleasure as you remembered – now that is a real victory and one to move forward with.

Marie, 63kg sounds pretty good and whilst you say it could be better (couldn’t it always? 😜) it’s great that it’s not worse.

My challenge this month was to maintain whilst having non stop house guests and I suppose I am doing that because I haven’t yet gone over my goal weight, but let’s just say that I’m awfully glad I started out with 5lbs wriggle room😜 I have certainly needed it, and used it, but right now I have just 2lbs (at my worst I had just 0.2lbs 😱 – too close for comfort) Current 5 guests depart today after a bbq, so will have a really strict day tomorrow (with lots of exercise stripping beds, laundering sheets /towels etc πŸ˜„) before the next lot arrive on Thursday. Feel as though I’m running a hotelπŸ˜ƒ

Hoping to hear lots of positive weigh ins today. Keep it up everyone – whatever your personal challenge, you can do it.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Morning all
    I’m a little disappointed as have only lost 3 lbs since I got back from holiday. Over the week my weight has been down by as much as 6 lbs and now has bounced up again. I think my portion size has perhaps still been ‘US style’ and I must start weighing everything again.
    Keeping on keeping on
    X B

• posted by topcac
    on

Morning all – and another weigh in sees me going the wrong way on the scales!! A pound on. I’m not surprised as I did have more ‘off’ days than ‘on’ days in the last 7 and the off days were spectacularly off. However, I am now laid up in bed with a bad back, having helped my parents move furniture at the weekend. I felt it go, and that was it. Off to the GP today to make sure I’ve not slipped a disk then hopefully I can get back on my feet without the worry of doing more damage. Have a really important meeting at work today which I’m going to have to miss and several people who need me to do stuff but they’ll just have to wait. Have access to email at home but that’s it.

Anyway, wittering over, I had a good day yesterday ( not enough to save weigh in today but never mind) and I plan on another one today. At least when I”m laid up in bed I’m unable to go down to trawl the fridge too much lol.

Good luck with the rest of the day all – come shine or snow (not seeing much shine right now….)

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

Morning everyone,

So sorry to hear about your back Topcac πŸ™

My shoulder is well and truly on the mend now thank goodness.
    Well surprisingly/happily I’ve lost another 1lb and a half this week with my ‘Med style’ WOE. Haven’t calorie counted for the last four weeks but still the pounds are gradually melting off.

Have been away again from Weds-Sunday, and if no better options were available for lunch I would just have an egg or two (which I’d hard boiled in the morning) and a piece of fruit or two. Saved a fortune on the carb heavy packed lunches that the others were having. They paid Β£10 a day for those. In the evenings I just made the best choices I could depending on which pub we were in. One night I had a fantastic feta and pomegranate salad, and another night blue cheese chicken breast with veg.
    People really think you’re depriving yourself if you order salad don’t they? I guess I used to think that.

Am working from home this week so I will try to get some good walks in with the dog.
    Good luck for the week ahead everyone πŸ™‚

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

Dear All,

I have had an amazing loss on the scales this week of 3.4lbs/1.5kg but it is mainly due to the side effects of my treatment for Helicobacter Pylori (which I wouldn’t wish on anyone). Having read The Clever Guts book I have been swigging back Kefir to minimise the side effects of the antimicrobials so at least I can leave the house!

It is a false result, I’m certain that when my appetite and digestion return to normal there will be an adjustment on the scales.

Hope your back gets better soon topcac.
    Busybee- it’s 3lbs in the right direction, rejoice!!
    Hotel Theodora – your change over day will be like High Intensity Training, hope you survive (and thoroughly enjoy) the tsunami of guests about to sweep in.

Recommendation: To anyone with a copy of Tom Kerridge’s Dopamine Diet
    Page 176 Spiced Lamb Shoulder with Curried Cauliflower
    I cooked this at the weekend and the Curried Cauliflower is a delicious meal on its own. The bowl was licked clean. It is a lovely combination of cauliflower, halloumi or paneer cheese, onion, ginger, garlic, curry powder, turmeric and spinach. Delicious, please try it!

Off to Camp Bestival down in Lulworth, Dorset this weekend for some great music (due to antibiotics I can have my first glass of wine on Saturday afternoon!). We are joining two other families for some mid-range glamping i.e., our own tents but proper showers and flushing toilets. Fingers crossed for dry weather – what is going on Weather Gods, is it July or October?
    Best wishes to everyone this week – we’re half-way through the challenge!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Weigh in this morning – no weight loss this week. My aim is to lose at least 3lbs before my holiday at the end of August – so will need to get started on losing the lbs. Still maintaining very well – but do need the wriggle room for the holiday.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Loss of 2.2 lb for me this week after my gain last week. Am still on track to lose 4lb during this challenge which will hopefully take me into the elusive 9’s. I am trying really hard to have new recipe ideas. Am drinking more water than ever to try and ease the fat out! I read that to lose weight you need to drink half to one ounce of water for every pound you weigh. I weigh 140 lb so I have worked out I need to drink 4 litres a day! Have I done my sums correctly? Am just on my third pint of water! Have a good week everyone.

• posted by pod
    on

Weight gain for me! Been away for 5 days, and it went like this, 1st day no carbs. 2nd day, no food carbs but gin and tonic, third-day Indian meal, no carbs. then plenty of prosecco! 4th day, lots of prosecco. 5th day, no alcohol, but many, many carbs, quiche, sausage rolls, and birthday cake, twice!!
    I weighed myself yesterday and had put 6lbs on. Weighed myself today and I’ve lost 2lbs, so weight gain this week is 4lbs.
    I’m hoping that by next week I’ll have removed it all, can’t be actual weight gain, but boy, it is depressing. I’m trying to drink water constantly!!
    It was my grand daughters first birthday party, we all got together for a weekend, had a really great time, family and extended family and in laws, it was such fun! I had sooo many positive comments on my weight loss, I think it went to my head and I felt, yeah I’ve done it, and I’m invincible, a few little carbs won’t hurt! How MAD is THAT!!!!! I really didn’t enjoy the food, and there was plenty of meat and salads, but, the devil in me said, what the heck !! I have now shot the devil in me! by the way, I’ve felt sick and bloated and quite ill for two days, that’s with just one meal of carbs and too much prosecco! At least I know that carbs really do not like me, and that is good, as I really don’t like the carbs!!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Once again, a very mixed bag of reports for this week it seems.

Like me, you have been learning a lesson Pod. It seems we have to do these things to ourselves, to realise we can’t go back. For me this week was trashed by errant ways on Saturday and consequently, my report is of a tiny 0.2lb loss. To be honest, I’m content that it isn’t an increase. This means I am actually 0.8lb from goal weight, so in with a shot at getting there for the end of the challenge – but then this week is being disrupted by grandchildren, so who knows!

To those reporting a loss – congratulations and to those reporting a gain – commiserations. Keep at it everyone and do good things this week.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Topcac – hope your back gets better soon πŸ™‚ you comment about snow and shine made me chuckle. Here in Sydney it is supposedly mid-winter, but on Sunday they are forecasting the warmest July day on record with a sunny 26 degrees. It has been warm and sunny during the day all this week, more like Spring – so certainly no Snowing here!
    Pod – I had a 6lb gain recently but it was gone within the week and now I’m back on plan my weight is going down again. I’m sure it’s only a temporary gain for you πŸ™‚
    Sunny B – I’m always satisfied with no loss or small losses too – always relieved it isn’t an increase.
    Theodora – Since someone put ‘Hotel Theodora’ on here I keep thinking of the Eagles song ‘Hotel California’ – Welcome to the Hotel Theodora…. lol. It would be difficult trying to follow this WOE while entertaining and having guests. It’s good that the months you worked so hard to lose weight gave you some wriggle room for the summer πŸ™‚
    I really regret that in the past I didn’t keep a closer check on my weight (don’t we all) – it would be so much easier to just be reversing small gains all the time than trying to lose 28 kilograms at once like I’m doing now.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi folks, not weighing in today as I am several hundred miles away from my scales, and having a bit of another indulgent few days on holiday 😊 enjoyed one of my favourite ice creams today, and having a glass of sparkling wine tonight after a Thai takeaway (no rice or noodles, though), although some of that may be mitigated by the 15,000 plus steps I have done every day since getting here. Good work everyone, whether or not your challenge is going to plan. Just remember that by just being here and focused on your health, you are doing far better than you would be without that mindfulness.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Still sticking with it, no matter the temptation. No loss, but despite numerous temptations, sticking with it. We all know this works, it’s just getting our bodies to believe it😜

• posted by Butterlover
    on

HI all Im not eating correctly as I have a cold and no real appetite.so dispite some chocolate cake and other indulgences Im only 0.2kg up. And my Bgl is 6.2 mmol this morning .I am probanly going to have to wait for the next challenge to get seriously back to routine.I hope eberyone is doing well

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sorry to hear you’re unwell Butterlover and hope you feel better and are back on track soon.

We have had almost 40 hours guest-free so I managed a total fast for 24 hours, and strict bsd the rest of the time, despite spending most of yesterday cooking yummy desserts for 100 for a friend’s party 😱 Very proud of the fact that I didn’t so much as lick a spoon πŸ˜„and the scales this morning have rewarded me by giving me 3lbs of wriggle room backπŸ˜€ So feeling very chuffed and not a little proud of myself😜

More guests arrived last evening for 5 days and we have the big party to go to this evening (hog roast on our friend’s foreshore – only hope weather’s not as bad as predicted 😱) so am very pleased to have some maintenance wriggle room back😜

Hope everyone else is doing okay?

• posted by Marsie
    on

Chicken soup, Butterlover. Get well soon😡

Theodora, such strength of characterπŸ˜‡ Seriously well doneπŸ‘

• posted by topcac
    on

Well done Theodora – I can only dream of wriggle room at the moment πŸ™‚

I can also concur with the chicken soup idea butterlover – get well soon – be kind to yourself.

Well I’ve had a bit of a week, start of it was laid up in bed and did exceptionally well on plan considering, then the doc prescribed me some painkillers which basically poisoned me. I’m not kidding – I don’t think I’ve ever felt as bad in my ENTIRE LIFE!!. After two days on those I was nauseous ALL THE TIME, throwing up, feverish, dizzy, spaced out and generally wanted to die. So that’s the end of those – they are in the bin now and i’m just grateful for only having back ache and nothing else!! Beware Tramadol….

Food wise, I think I can probably count yesterday as a fast day as I didn’t eat anything until four (and I only did that because I thought it might be making me feel worse) and then threw it all up a couple of hours later. The painkillers made me retain water – I drank 4 litres yesterday and went to the loo twice. So any weigh in right now is pointless.

Will wait till Tuesday and hope for a slightly calmer weekend. Am starving now though lol!

• posted by Marsie
    on

GoodHeavens, topcac, that’s awful to go through, poor you. I thought tramadol was for controlling nausea, or am I thinking of something else …? Whatever, that sort of reaction is not funny. Hope you come through this very soon. Concentrate on that, with easy, light foods that do no harm, don’t even think about weighing in just now. Hugs πŸ™…πŸ’œ

• posted by Mariet
    on

Topcac, I hope you’re feeling better soon. I have a similar reaction to Panadefine forte, it’s awful.

I bought myself a yoghurt maker, it came yesterday and I made myself greek yoghurt. Bad idea. 1l milk made 400g think creamy yoghurt, consistency of clotted cream and SO Yummy. It was all I could do not to eat the whole 400g in one sitting. I don’t know how to work out the carbs, I know how much was in the milk but are some used up in the process of making yoghurt?

• posted by Theodora
    on

Goodness, poor you, Topcac. I have heard about reactions to Tramadol before and, in fact, once had a dog who couldn’t tolerate it and had the same symptoms as you describe. Nasty.😝 Hope you are feeling better soon, and I just know that if you are “sensible” over the weekend, you will definitely have a visit from the Whoosh Fairy when you dump all that retained water 😜 In the meantime, just concentrate on getting better, which is by far the most important thing.

Mariet, well done on making your own yoghurt, I use Total Fage which I have found to be totally (appropriately) addictive 😜 so can understand what you are saying. I have no idea if this is any help, but I have found this:-

https://cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/10753/homemade-yogurt-nutrition-info

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sorry, forgot to say thank you for your congratulations, Marsie and Topcac, on regaining most of my wriggle room. Seriously, I am loving being slim sooo much, that I am not finding it difficult to throw in a total fast day or a few bsd800 days after a few days or a week of over-indulgence (dependent upon how many available days I have before the next social onslaught). I really, truly, never, ever want to be overweight again – been there, done that for far too long – and I just cannot believe how WELL I feel – fit, active and just so full of energy. When/if you are struggling, just remember the end-game – it is SOOOO worth it. I’m 67 (very nearly 68) and feel more like 40 and, if you ignore my face, look more like 40 too (sadly BSD doesn’t get rid of wrinkles😝 – come on Dr Moseley, now there’s a new challenge for you, a wrinkle-reversing diet😜)

• posted by Mariet
    on

How is everyone doing? It’s been quiet on here.

I’ve maintained another week so happy with that. Still working on making toning up a regular part of my day- so easy to forget.

My new yoghurt maker is going into a dark cupboard, the yoghurt is too yummy! I can reality resist the shop bought stuff so for the minute I’ll go back to that. Also in the bin is the 86% chocolate. That was an experiment that could all to easily get out of control!

Best wishes to you all.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Weigh-in day. 63.8kg. 100g up on last week, maintaining essentially. ….. I’ve not been weighing/tracking my food this week, will get back on board this week.

Good weigh-in wishes everyoneπŸ’œ

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All .not much progress for me 82.7Kg up .5kg .I had a big party on sat .cooked for 20 people and ate everything. Im still not mentally committed after my holiday.The carb monster has been around and the winter weather has me craving comfort food.Its all excuses.Im back to work tomorrow so that should help..Also started recording my calories again and missing breakfast.I might also post more often maybe that will help me to be more accountable. Best Wishes to yiu all

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

Dear All,

Welcome to August!

Stayed the same on the scales, good news as we’ve been at Camp Bestival this weekend. There was a lot of heavy rain and strong winds and areas of the site became mud pits but some great music; Madness, Mark Ronson, The Cuban Brothers.

We mainly catered for ourselves however I did eat some Pad Thai from one of the food stalls. It looked and smelled delicious but boy was it salty. Also succumbed to a slice of fruit cake from the Women’s Institute Tent along with a milky cold cup of tea. When I took the cup back to the counter to ask for some hot tea in my cup of milk, the lady tipped half my drink into the next cup (which was pre-quarter filled with milk) and topped mine up. She was unconcerned that the next customer would get my germs and an even colder drink?

I’m sure worse things happen behind the scenes in restaurant kitchens and we are just blissfully ignorant.

Have a good week one and all, we’re on the home run, let’s hold hands and skip through it together!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Up 1.4 lb for me this week. No matter what I do I seem to be up and down the same 2lb and have been now since the end of June. I am extremely disappointed in my lack of progress since June and have hit the longest plateau since starting in January. I got down to my lowest weight last week 140 lb and today I am 142. My BMI is 26 and I am aged 56. its getting hard to stay positive but I won’t stop until I get a BMI of 25 – I want to be normal! Hope everyone else has had a better week/month than me. I was on target last week to lose my 4lb for this month but at this rate I will be lucky to lose the same two I’ve lost over the last six weeks!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello fellow Challengers
    The scales show no change from last week, which I am pleased about! I had lost four pounds before we went away for a long weekend and also have had a problem ‘going’ to the loo. Back home and one Dulcolax last night and issue resolved! Hopefully most of the gained weight will come off quickly.
    Seven weeks before our next holiday, so I will keep on keeping on trying to lose a pound a week.
    Let’s hope we all have a good week.
    X B

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

Weighing in at 9st 8 this morning which is great because I was hoping to get to 9 10 before going to France next week on holiday, and it means I’ve lost 6lbs in 3 weeks.
    I am worried about how I’ll eat there because I always always tuck in to the pain au chocolats and bread and crΓͺpes when in France. Total carb fest. Will this be the first time ever that I don’t or will I fall into old habits as soon as I get there?! I don’t think I will actually want them because I’m starting to really feel slim and I like that slightly loose feeling in my jeans!
    I think I will enjoy dark chocolate and cheese this time instead.
    What about the ice creams though when the kids bring a four pack of magnums back from the shop…. hmm…

Clarinet Cathy so frustrating for you. Remember how far you have come already and hang on in there x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well it seems that almost the only person reporting any loss this week is Maisie – well done on getting past your goal for pre-holiday with time to spare. You stand a good chance of improving on that before you go as well. I found when I really splurged on the carbs during our last holiday, it made me feel wretched – not just emotionally but physically – that was a great incentive to me, not to do it again! Like you BusyBee, I have a holiday on the horizon and before that, a camping trip with the grandchildren too, so I’m keen to make some headway soon, so that I have some wriggle room.

I – like some others this week – am only able to report remaining exactly where I was last week, so still 0.8lb from target weight. Essentially another week wasted on maintaining, at a time when I am actually still seeking a loss – just not actively enough though. To be honest staying where I was, was the best I could hope for, given that I have not been weighing and measuring what I consumed this week and have been distracted by grandchildren all week. So for this last week of the challenge, I am hoping to make some headway and push back down to target, or even beyond – I wish!

Commiserations to all those who have gained this week, I feel your frustration having been there myself so many times before. Let’s all try to really focus for this last week on this challenge and see if we can all report some sort of loss this time next week. Good luck everyone!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi all, weigh in day, but as I am still on holiday I haven’t weighed myself. On the other hand I still fit into all my clothes, even the smallest, and today is my six month targetversary. I am having a true holiday this time, and eating anything I fancy whether rubbish or not (in all honesty, not much true rubbish, but far too many processed carbs), but the end date is next Monday which will be a fast day, and then another one on next Thursday, until I am back into my routine I will keep up two fast days a week, and next Tuesday will be my final challenge weigh in, when I will find out where I am compared to my comfort zone.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done Maisie on being the only loser so far.

All those who have stayed more or less the same, just think of it as maintenance πŸ˜‰

I too have gained since last Tuesday, but only 4oz (100g) but in the past 10 days I have only had one and a half day without house guests (which I used for a total fast) and as I am in maintenance, I’m happy with that. I have only 1.2lbs of wriggle room left though and at one stage had none at all, but apart from no refined carbs, I have been eating and drinking more or less what I like (including rather too much wineπŸ˜›) so I cannot really complain. Current lot of guests depart tomorrow evening, and a new lot arrive on Friday morning, so Hotel Theodora is still trading well 🎈 but all the supermarket runs are getting a tad tedious πŸ›’ not to mention all the bed changing and laundryπŸ˜†

The week after next my granddaughters are bringing 2 each of their friends to stay for a week – 6 teenage girls will be fun to house and feed – one of my granddaughters has severe food allergies, the other is vegan, and one of their friends is coeliac so catering will be interesting!! O/H is a confirmed carnivore and, what with no carbs for me, it looks as though I will be cooking several choices for every meal!!

Well done for keeping on keeping on, everyone.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi all
    I’m reporting a loss this week too! 1.5lbs. This makes a total loss of 2.5lbs on this challenge so far. I wanted to lose 4lbs in total so could still do it. Wedding away this weekend though and been told it’s a ‘buffet’ and we all know what that could mean. Beware food wrapped in pastry!! If I can take some snacks (large clutch bag needed) and lay off the booze I might be OK. Or I could lose 5lbs between now and Friday and create some wriggle room. LOL highly unlikely.

Thanks for all your well wishes by the way – my back is loads better and the effects of the poisonous painkillers didn’t last too long πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on that loss Topcac! Try your best at the wedding – I know what you mean about ‘beware food wrapped in pastry’. That was my down fall at a recent wedding we attended. Eating too much of that stuff had an unpleasant affect on me, enough to say I paid quite heavily for it. Keep in mind that goal of 4lb by the end of the challenge and hopefully, you will be able to remain strong and report another good loss next Tuesday.

Glad your back is improving and you have recovered from the painkillers. Hope you will be 100% soon.

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Yay is! It sounds like we are all having fun and managing to juggle those commitments with our bsd commitment! My plateau is over! Dropped .6 of a kilo overnight so very happy. Hope it continues! Total for four weeks so far is -12lbs. Off to Italy today for a month- focussing on fresh produce at markets and ignoring he pizza pasta risotto focaccia garlic bread wine and gelato will be interesting! It will be like a good assault course. Tough mudder in Tuscany!!!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Am very late with my weekly update this week. No loss to report though, weight had stayed the same as last week. So I don’t think I’ll be able to meet this challenge goal as it’s still 1.6kg away, will try and get as close as I can though!
    Well done to everyone who has lost πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lots of us in the same boat this week SueBlue. Think many of us have struggled for one reason or another during this challenge. I’m still trying to get back to target weight and that seems to have been to big a task! Never mind, we’ll all keep on keeping on and will hopefully be posting something positive for next week.

Has anyone thought about a follow on challenge yet? Will we do one?

• posted by Verano
    on

I know I’ve not posted on this challenge very much but I’ve struggled all the way through as so many others have. I think quite a few of us are having a difficult summer with holidays and whatever. I have been posting on the ‘Seriosully … ‘ thread and we are doing an extra week to take us to next Tuesday.

I was thinking of starting a 4 week thread as a follow on. So I will post next Monday and I’m thinking of a 4 week challenge, aimed at myself more than anything, ‘ End of the Summer Wine: 4 Weeks back to Normality’. Of course anyone that wants to join me on the journey will be more than welcome.

Hope you all make some progress in your last week here.

Please log in or register to post a reply.