Keep on Going, Be it Shine or Snowing – 4 week challenge ending 8th August

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

The latest 4 week challenge – who’s to join?

I’m joining as I fell so miserably at the last one – my challenge is to lose 8lb, that’s 2 a week, and I will brave the scales tomorrow so as to report accurately next week. This should bring me back into my comfortable weight range and help prevent me feeling so ill when I eat the wrong foods.
    It’s raining outside despite yesterdays sun so the title seems appropriate, although I was more thinking of it in a moral context for us strugglers!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m definitely in, Baristagirls.

Not personally setting any fix goal to achieve, but I ultimately want to get to and past my original target weight of 8st 7lb, so that I have a buffer zone to allow a bit of wriggle room. Currently I have a pound to drop to target weight and then we’ll see what happens. My main reason for joining the challenge is to be accountable and to help me stay focused and on track, as I’ve struggled a bit the last week or so, with giving the BSD my attention and have coasted.

Let’s do it folks …. Keep on Going!

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

I’m in too, I like receiving everyone’s posts via email – it reminds me what I’m supposed to be doing! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m going to aim for another 4lb loss which would take me to 9st 10lbs – hoping to achieve that just sticking to the mediterranean principles rather than anything too stringent. I must also get back on track with walking, water drinking and getting enough sleep.

Hope I can achieve that by the 6th August because I am heading to France on the 7th… land of croissants and pain au chocolats! ๐Ÿ™

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

I’m in! My goal is the same as Maisie Mouse- I want to lose 4lb. Today I weighed in at 142 lb. I will aim for 138 lb or less! Have been super strict this week so far and feel like I am in the zone to get results this month. Thank you for continuing this monthly thread- I think it really does help. Good luck everyone!

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Can I join you lovely people? I’m going on holiday on 2nd August and would like to lose 4lbs as well – maybe a bit more if possible. I don’t know why but I do ok in the day then sabotage myself when I get home from work. I’m hoping that being accountable on here might help me keep on track.
    I will post on here every day so that I have to think before I allow the ‘baddies’ to tempt me!
    Good luck everyone.
    SSB

• posted by Verano
    on

I’m along for the ride too! No goals at the moment as I just need to get my head back into gear, hence my 7day challenge to help renew enthusiasm for this WOE.

Will do my best for the next 4 weeks but can’t say more than that at the moment.

Good luck everyone on this next phase of our journey.

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’m in too! I’m just back from a three week holiday and gained 3kg. Not too concerned about that because I was looking very gaunt three weeks ago. My goals are fitness related mainly- to get settled with a muscle toning regime, continue daily walking and slowly lose the three kilos, probably not all in this 4 weeks.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’ll join up too, week 1 is my 7 day reboot which I am documenting on the Seriously thread, week 2 and 3 and part of week 4 I go on holiday ๐Ÿ˜€ so my weekly weigh ins may come at odd times as I will mostly be away from my scales. I have had occasions where I actually lose a little weight on holiday though so not too worried. Goal is still to stay within my comfort zone of 10 stone 8 to 11 stone exactly. Three pounds above and three pounds below my final target. I have been slightly above since my birthday hence the initial reboot, I am back into my zone today after one reboot day.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

I’m in also. My goal for the challenge is to lose 3lb to give me some wriggle room before my holiday at the end of August. Have crossed off the almond butter from the shopping list – so should have a good week.

Staying accountable on this forum has really worked for me and on the 10th July I was 7 months on maintenance. So new goal is 8 months on maintenance. The almond butter incident really bought home to me how easy it would be to ‘go off the rails’ if I wasn’t weighing myself and actively keeping on maintenance.

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi all – SSB reporting in –
    I did well at lunchtime and quite easily resisted the cake int eh staff room – I didn’t actually want any.
    Got home and was hit with some bad news – and now I don’t actually want to eat at all…
    Not quite what I had planned in terms of distractions
    SSB

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all, I’m back in again for another 4 weeks. The challenges do help me stay on track, or mostly on track, as I have a fairly achievable goal to aim for, important when you have lots to lose like I have.
    My goal for this challenge is to lose 2.3kg, or 5lb. I lost 1.9kg in the last challenge so if I focus and stay on track I should meet this goal ๐Ÿ™‚
    SSB – sorry to hear about your bad news, take care of yourself and if you need to put diet on the back burner for now x

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi SueBlue, thank you but I think if I go down that path, I’ll end up comfort eating and re-teaching my body and mind that eating will make me feel better. No, I will keep going with the diet – I need to break the stress-eating cycle completely.
    SSB

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

Hi SaltySeaBird, sorry to hear you have had such bad news, but you are absolutely right not to give up on the diet. I actually came to this diet after finding that increased protein helped massively with my mh problems, especially stress.

What is your typical comfort food? Try and make a protein rich version.
    If it’s chocolate ice cream, try a chocolate protein shake, enriched with real cream.
    Cakes or biscuits? Make your own, replacing the flour with almond flour or ground almonds, or any nut flour really. Cut out most of the sugar and replace with a teaspoon or two of local honey (real honey has more sweetness for it’s calories).

If you’re finding it generally hard to keep to the diet, when you’ve got less on your plate, it will probably pay dividends to work out what important nutrient/food element, you are missing, but it’s not worth getting stressed about, especially as you are stressed already.

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Thank you AncientWeaver,
    I don’t really have a typical comfort food – I used to be a serious carb-fiend but I’ve been doing this WOE for so long, I don’t really crave them. I do like ‘proper’ coffee with sweetening e.g vanilla syrup, but that isn’t something I have often. Thankfully, like you, I find the fat/protein combo do stabilise my emotions so I’m more likely to binge on nuts or cheese!
    I’m much calmer today so keeping on track.
    Good luck to everyone.
    SSB

• posted by Marsie
    on

lol, Baristagirls, thank you for starting up this challenge for us.

Hi, SaltySeaBird. I like your thinking there: “break the stress-eating cycle completely.” Good luck with it, and in fact, I think I will embrace that too.

I’ve often said that “I don’t do well with actual kg goals, am better with behavioural goals that lead to the kgs moving downwards”. That was the theory but lately, anyway, I haven’t stuck with the step x step goals I’d set. Like Verano, I’m rather jaded and finding 800cals too hard to adhere to. Maybe a combination will help. So my goals for this challenge will be to:
    1) Lose 2kg
    2) Aim for x5 daily totals between 800-1000cals; x2 daily totals no higher than 850cals.
    3. Beware of stress situations which may lead to careless eating.

Best wishes everyone in meeting our personal goals xx Marilyn

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Marsie I here you about being rather jaded and finding it difficult to stick to 800 calories. I found that 800 was fine to stick to for 8 weeks or a couple of rounds of 8 weeks, but when you are getting into 6+ months as I am it is hard. So I’m doing a similar thing, actually have been for a while now, I have 2 days of 800 calories and then 5 days of about 1000 – although it usually averages out to 900 calories per day over a week. This way I find I can stick to the WOE and lose weight (albeit slowly, but it is slow anyway while I’m on daily prednisone).
    I think we all need to find our own way with this WOE and do what works best for us ๐Ÿ™‚

on

I am feeling completely focused for this next challenge and have been planning my meals the day before and sticking to it. It’s six months since I started BSD and today I weigh the lightest I have weighed for a very very long time. 140.6 lb! My aim is to get 4 pounds off this month and four pounds off next month and then I should be near to my goal of a BMI of 25. I am doing a combination of indoor walking via Youtube, fasting and strict BSD and am the most determined I’ve been since starting in January to get where I want to be. Thank you for the support and encouragement and top tips in this thread.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SaltySeaBird – hope you are doing okay. I understand you desire to keep a hold of the BSD, but don’t be too hard on yourself. If you need a day or two not sticking strictly to the 800 cals, it might be best to allow yourself a little space.

ClarinetCathy – very well done on being the lightest you have been for sometime. Keep up the good work!

There is lots of positivity on the thread, which is great to see. I’m feeling good at the moment, managing to keep good control of the cals and carbs well for the last three days, with an average cal intake below 800per day. Currently a pound down on my challenge start weight, so happy with how things are progressing.

I like the idea of thinking outside the box and making high-protein replacements for favourite foods, Ancient Weaver. I shall be giving that some thought.

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi SunnyB,
    I don’t actually do the 800 cals – I just stick to low/very low carbs which tends to keep the calories low anyway but I don’t count calories generally. I only have a few more pounds to lose so I am not ever so strict – my real challenge is not to comfort eat and so far this time, I’m ok.
    Good luck to everyone else here – it’s a very positive group! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    SSB

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Feeling slightly better on this challenge, maybe there’s something to be said for starting it, makes you feel triply accountable or something maybe. Yesterday and Tuesday I strictly calorie and carb counted, today is just going to be low carb aims as I go to a friend for lunch. Feeling positive about losing 2lb by Tuesday.
    Keep on going everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay SSB, it’s good that you have things in control and find you can manage without counting calories. Somehow this just doesn’t work for me if I want to lose weight (might be because I’m a very slow loser). It works fine if I want to maintain, although even then I find the pounds have a habit of starting to slowly sneak back. So if I want to lose I have to count both the cals and carbs. Anyway, it’s good that you don’t have the same issue.

Glad that you are managing not to comfort eat. I think combatting that pattern is very challenging and can be really hard to break. Having something stressful and emotional going on, obviously makes it even more so. Hope you continue to keep a handle on things – well done.

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Thank you SunnyB – and good luck to you too – with lots of positive supportive peeps on this forum, we can do it!
    SSB

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You are so right!

It’s having the forum to turn to, that has kept me with this and seeing results. Having somewhere that you can vent, whinge or celebrate – without food – makes such a difference and I have found it so much more supportive and positive, than the wishy-washy stuff I experienced in the past with WW or SW.

Keep on going everyone!

• posted by Theodora
    on

SSB, so sorry to hear about your bad news, life has a habit of throwing curve balls at us to knock us off balance, but you seem to be coping admirably, and so glad you are feeling a little better today.

Lots of interesting challenges already posted, and I wish each and every one of you good luck in achieving your goals.

I didn’t join the last challenge as I was going to be away so much, but I’m up for this one. I am now in my 3rd month of maintenance, so my personal challenge is pretty boring, and that is to stay at or below my maintenance weight of 8st 7lbs (currently 8st 2lbs so have 5lbs wriggle room) But it will indeed be a challenge as today we decamp from the city to our summer home for 3 months and will have a succession of guests for more or less the entire time so there will be lots of food and wine involved, plus too many visits to the pub๐Ÿ˜. But at least I’m in charge of catering (other than when we are dining out, which will be 3 or 4 times a week) so hopefully I will cope. Weather permitting, we always have lots of beach BBQs, fish straight from the sea onto the BBQ in 10 mins flat, so at least that is BSD friendly, and very tasty too. I will try to avoid all the rolls and buns that are always available to accompany sausages and burgers! Wish me luck!!

on

Just thought I would share a link to a really good 45 minute work out for those of us who aren’t particularly active or go to the gym. Usually whenever I go walking I fall over – some of you might remember that earlier on in the year I fell over in Harrogate and sprained both ankles! I had surgery about twenty years ago to remove a Schawwnoma from my femoral nerve and this has left me with a weak left leg and a tendency to fall. . I was told at the time of my surgery that I would always have to walk with a walking stick but I I refused to do that! I am very nervous when out doing a brisk walk because of my history of falls but I have found the perfect solution- you tube walk at home videos and they’re brilliant. I’ve copied a link to the 45 minute walk but there are one mile, fifteen minute walks too. I think they’re great. Happy walking everyone- I am hoping this will boost my metabolism!

https://youtu.be/DYuw4f1c4xs

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi all,
    Ok day yesterday – kept to low carb and no snacking. I also spent several hours in the garden and as ours is about 1/2 acre and very steep, that made for a pretty good workout!
    I also rediscovered alcohol-free beer ๐Ÿป๐Ÿป – it doesn’t taste quite the same as the real thing but at 3g carbs and 24 cals in a bottle, it makes a good option on a hot afternoon.
    If you haven’t read MM’s book ‘Clever Guts’, you should take a look – it’s like the final link in the chain – what I found really interesting is the way different people respond to different foods – some can eat chocolate with no really negative effects, others will get a massive sugar spike which will derail them, and this applies to a wide range of foods, even what we consider ‘healthy’ ones. Maybe this explains why we plateau, or have weight gain even when we have kept to the plan.
    I used to do the 5:2, now I’m doing the BSD, and I am going to add in the Clever Guts advice – blimey – I might live forever ๐Ÿ˜‰
    SSB

• posted by pod
    on

I In! Loads of interesting posts and ideas. It’s so good to hear other ideas, and realise it’s not “one size fits all.
    My aim will be 8lb..0ut of the 11s and into the 10stones, only just but what a boost it will be to see a 10 on the scales. Also will be a 4 stone loss!
    I’m doing ok with basically eating in a 7 hour window . Approx 1pm till 7 or 8pm. I’m not feeling hungry at all and usually have to add cream to bump up the fat. Will see how I do in the next 4 weeks!

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi all, had an interesting experience today – I was celebrating last night and had a small (200ml) bottle of Cava which was a present from work; I drank it on an empty stomach (bad move!) and ended up feeling not a little fragile this morning. At lunchtime my OH was having some bread and me, still feeling fragile, decided to have some (another bad move!), it was granary so I thought it would be OK if too many carbs. It’s now 4 hours since the bread – I have heartburn, indigestion and I am craving carbs – what a disaster! I have managed not to give in and will have fish and salad for dinner this evening but having not had bread for many weeks, I am shocked at my body’s response to it – won’t be doing that again any time soon.
    SSB

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Having a doom and gloom day today, as the scales tell me I have gained 2.2lb in 2 days. Pretty certain that although I haven’t counted over the last couple of days, this is not a ‘real’ weight gain, but is more likely to be largely water retention, however, as I had been within 0.8lb of target weight again on Thursday, I’m still struggling to stay positive today.

I’m making sure to up the fluid intake today, in the hope of seeing the bulk of the 2.2lb disappear rapidly, keeping upbeat is proving a big ask right now. Keep telling myself, I still have 11 weeks to my deadline to be maintaining at target weight, not helping much at the moment though.

Sorry, whinging over! Hope everyone else is having a good w/e and will be reporting positive results at the end of the first week of the challenge.

on

SunnyB – I too am feeling glum today. I weighed 140.6 on Thursday and today my weight is 143.0! It’s so demoralising! I didn’t drink much yesterday because I was performing but like you I am drinking a lot of water today. II don’t understand the science of weight gain or loss but when we are sticking to such a low calorie diet it’s not a good feeling to see such a gain. I was so hoping to break the 140 lb barrier this week! I haven’t lost any weight now for one month because I am up and down the same two pounds. Let’s hope we get through this blip and have some happier news on Tuesday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello ClarinetCathy
    I feel for you – your gain is much the same as mine. Going back and forth over the same couple of pounds is really frustrating and when this is for an extended period, it makes it even tougher to take. I’m with you in hoping this blip will soon be consigned to history and we can report better things on Tuesday.
    Keep drinking that water and let’s try to make today and tomorrow really count. We both know we can do this, we just need to find the motivation to stay focused and keep on keeping on. Best of luck CCathy

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.just read all your posts and goals Im still on holiday in thailand so not currently weighing or following Bsd.In fact after a week of binging on pastries etc Im no longer enjoying that type of food.So tonight I settled for a clear broth with vegies and minced meat.I will continue to eat whatever is around that takes my fancy but I will be back to BSD next week when Im home .in the meantime I hope you are all achieving good results
    Cheers

• posted by pod
    on

Sunnyb and Clarinetcathy feeling for you both today. Sending weight-loss thoughts through the airwaves!
    I’m being very good today cos I had three Campari last night. Sooooooo many carbs, but I enjoyed them, perhaps a little too much cos I was only gonna have 1! Alcohol really does affect the mind set!
    Anyway, hope we all have a really good couple of days!
    Let’s Keep on keeping on!
    Ann xx

• posted by Marsie
    on

Not whinging, venting. So vent away, SunnyB. We’re all allowed to vent when needed. Moving on is the important bit๐Ÿ™…, hugs on their way.

I’m hating the sight of the scales at the moment, knowing I’m not going to like what I see. But, following my day out today (described on another thread), and after having a burger lunch on a day out with grandson and friend on Friday (ate the bottom half of the bun), and being so tired after chasing the two 9yo boys around the Lego exhibition for a few hours I agreed with OH that fish and chips from the local shop sounded like a wonderful idea for dinner ……
    so … I’m determined to have a “fast” day tomorrow, Monday. I won’t have eaten since about 4 pm today, (with the exception of a couple of forkfuls of kimchi a short while ago to ward off a bout of mouth hunger), so I’ll have a light brunch. Nothing but water and green or herbal teas until dinner time.

See if that gets me AROUND the wall instead of constantly banging into it.

SSB, was that your version of my wall? I think we all run into them from time to time. Keep on keeping on, as we say. ๐Ÿ™…

Sounding good pod, keep it going xx

Keep checking in with us Theodora. Let us know how you’re going. It sounds as though you are a wonderful hostess, just don’t forget to look after yourself first xx

‘Nighty night everyone, I’m off to bed ๐Ÿ˜ด

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the support Pod and Marsie, it’s much appreciated. Just frustrated that I can’t seem to get myself sorted and back to target weight again. I know of course that I CAN do it, but just can’t seem to get it done. Going to start some daily meditation and mindfulness exercises from tomorrow, hopefully that will sort the head out and the rest will follow. You are right about the alcohol and the mindset, Pod and I have had a couple of drinks this w/e too.

Anyway, think I’m doing okay today, although I have had yet another day off counting – of course the scales will tell me tomorrow morning if I’ve made things better or worse. For tomorrow it will be full on back to counting and extending my overnight fast. Hope your fast day goes well tomorrow, Marsie, keep us posted.

Hope we can all post some sort of loss at weigh-in on Tuesday – keep going everyone.

• posted by topcac
    on

Morning all – late to the party yet again but have been on it since last Tuesday even though I haven’t posted. My goal is to get to 9st dead (not literally obviously!!) by the end of this challenge. This means a loss of 8.5lbs over the 4 weeks. I started in earnest last Tuesday. Haven’t weighed in yet but will do that tomorrow – it’s not official until then anyway lol. However, rough weekend, wine, chocolate cake (tiny sliver) out for dinner – did choose wisely but you just never really know what’s in it! – then more chocolate to help me cope with Wimbledon stress….

My exercise has been shocking also – managed a run on Saturday but that was the first for a month. So my other non scale challenge will be to get back in the gym / pool and tone those muscles!! I got fed up with my Fitbit telling me I wasn’t hitting my goals so I’ve taken it off and am ignoring it!! Who needs the stress…..!

Have a good week all, looking forward to hearing your successes tomorrow and if there aren’t any, well, roll on another week!

TC x

• posted by Marsie
    on

Fast day going ok so far. In fact, held out until lunch time, 12.30. Dinner will be in an hour or so. We don’t eat until 7 or after and I’m starting to feel hungry now, but I’m sure I can wait until then. I don’t think it will save me on the scales tomorrow as my usually comfortable jeans are feeling right around the middle. My choices, right?

We had a lovely sunny winter’s day today 21c, went for a walk along our nearby beach. Making the most of it as its been grey for days with more to come.

Good luck with overcoming all the frustrations and with tomorrow’s weigh-in xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi everyone! I’m still lurking and keeping up with everyone’s progress. Not doing so well myself, in the past few weeks I’ve put on a few kegs which is depressing but not surprising considering what I’m eating. Cold weather, sleeping badly, exercising (a little) more, bored because it’s a five week break from my study – all contributing to me eating everything in sight. But I just poured the rest of the chocolate covered licorice bullets in the bin and I’m ready to start again.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the support yesterday – I have a more positive head on today, helped along by seeing a pound less on the scales this morning. This means I’m in with a chance of reporting a small loss tomorrow. Back in control today and counting everything again. Stretched my overnight fast to 17 hours and have had a 230 cal meal to break that and have planned a meal of lamb and veggies later. Am doing well on the hydration front – managed to keep intake up over the w/e and doing okay today too.

ClarinetCathy – thanks for posting the video on walking at home, watched yesterday and it’s sparked my interest. Will definitely be giving this a go, as I’m not keen on walking on my own outdoors without a purpose.

Take control Natalie, go for it! Having that break from study can be a positive thing. Take the time to do some meditation; plan your meals; experiment in the kitchen; and of course exercise! This break could be the opportunity to really push forward with your BSD quest.

• posted by pod
    on

Not doing great today either! Typical sabotaging. Just eaten 60g of cheese, for comfort!
    Not comforting my self-esteem though
    In the pits, been there a lot lately. heyho, I can always skip dinner.
    I like using the phrase”heyho”. There was a lady cricketer called Heyhoe, second name, I’ve often wanted to change my name to heyho!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to read of your woes, Pod (or should I say Heyho?). I suggest being easy on yourself today and picking the reigns up again tomorrow – hopefully with a new mind set. Strange isn’t it, that quite a few of us are struggling at the moment, but we need to try to refocus and get back to basics. Every single one of us KNOW we CAN do this, so need to find a way of applying ourselves to the task.

Hope we will all be able to report something positive tomorrow, even if it doesn’t include an actual loss.

on

Am hanging on in there – I want this too much! Today I weighed in at 142.2 so it is doubtful that I will report a loss tomorrow. I was 142.0 last Tuesday. I used to struggle to lose about 1lb per week but now I am only losing 1lb every fortnight on average! Today I’ve eaten Greek yoghurt with a passion fruit for breakfast. For lunch I ate two mini babybel cheeses and some walnuts and a few strawberries. This evening I have had salad leaves with hummus and two falafel. I have had about 6 pints of water today so far. This journey seems to have become really difficult for me over the last month. Thank you for the suggestions to help boost things along- I do want to achieve my goal of a BMI of 25 but at the moment I don’t know if I have the resolve! The effort to reward ratio isn’t great at the moment. There are a few of us struggling at the moment – but like the title says keep on going!!!!! Good luck tomorrow everyone!

• posted by Mariet
    on

1st week of this challenge done. Blowout at the bridal shower for my son’s wedding but that was my only blip for the week. 2.20kg gone but I think it was a post travelling loss. I’m 700g above my lightest weight.

I’m back at work now and the structure of working is easier for me.

My toning and strengthening regime is only so so. I keep forgetting! I need to find something to associate it with.

While I was away the birdies had a poop party on my deck so I spent a lot of the weekend scraping, scrubbing and staining it, hard work and the muscles in my arms are complaining so that may have helped the bingo wings! It looks like new now, very satisfying.

Keep plugging away, it will happen if we don’t give up โ˜บ

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good morning and good wishes all on this Tuesday weigh-in day, the first of this challenge round.

My plan to fast yesterday was successful in my terms. It was never to be a full day, I waited until lunch time, (light salad), then dinner (egg, Haloumie, sauteed vegs) 1 square 85% Lindt = 510cal/34carbs. This has led to a drop of .7kg from 64.5kg y/day to 63.8kg this morning. So the same weight I started this challenge.

Today’s plan is to not exceed 800/50. I’ve spent 106cal/15carbs on breakfast. Nothing more until lunch time. Just about to head to the gym for a pilates session.

One day at a time …….

• posted by Natalie
    on

I saw my exercise physiologist today, our second session. She’s finding me exercises I can do with sore hips and shoulders. It’s going well so far, now I need to match the extra exercise with sensible food intake. Day and a half so far!

Best wishes for everyone’s weigh-ins, I won’t wish you luck because we all know that has nothing to do with it! Though sometimes when the scale goes all do-lally it seems like it does.

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

A sheepish hello to you all!

I would like to join this challenge even though I didn’t post my results at the end of the previous one. Reasons; 1) My weight is plateauing, although I’m following BSD principles alcohol and portion size may have gone out of control, 2) Recent blood and stool tests have revealed high blood cholesterol and a helicobacter pylori infection.

I’m seeing the GP tomorrow to discuss (and receive antibiotics and protein pump meds) and on the phone message he mentioned he wants to check my weight (3+ stone lighter) and blood pressure. I’m stressed at the thought of the examination.

Has anyone else experienced a rise in cholesterol levels whist going low carb? I thought a Mediterranean style diet led to improved blood results.

Confused

• posted by Mariet
    on

Me! My last cholesterol was over 7 after 16 weeks doing BSD. I have to be retested next month though I may put it off until September. I was pretty upset but Keeping on and hoping for a better result next time. I’ve upped olive and coconut oil and increased leafy greens, not sure what else to do. Good luck!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Tuesday weigh in after my 7 day post birthday reboot, and I am proud to announce I stuck (mostly, until the last night when a glass of wine to celebrate got added, I suppose it is plant based๐Ÿ˜Š) to my fasting mimicking plant based diet and my weight is currently down to 10 stone 4.0 pounds, which is 7 pounds below my target weight. I know a lot of that is glycogen stores that will add weight when they are rebuilt, so am not expecting to stay there, but that is also a total loss from my heaviest in Feb 2015 of 8 1/2 stone exactly so I am really chuffed with that. I lost 10.8 pounds over the 7 days. Will now be going into a mixed period of various holidays, so weigh-in may be irregular and not just on Tuesday, but good luck to everyone still challenging themselves to change their lives for the better. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

on

Well I am up this morning 0.8 lb from this time last week. The same old story for me – up and down the same couple of pounds for the last month. Am going to have a good think tonight when I get home from work about this weeks tactics and hope that I see a loss next week. Hope everyone has had a good result this week. Onwards and eventually downwards !

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Here I am and feeling a bit miffed because I couldn’t weigh in my usual place this morning – I am sure it makes a difference haha ๐Ÿ™‚ Reporting the same weight this week and just being glad there’s no horrendous gain, will have to try and make up with 4lb next week and stay focused!

Please log in or register to post a reply.