Jun-Jul 19 starters, support group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

[post removed]

• posted by CrispsForBreakfast
    on

Hi Scottishgal, I’m also from Scotland 🙂 I’m a newbie and only 5 days into the Fast 800. I have 2 holidays coming up so am really interested in your experience of falling off the wagon. I’m not intending to go mad but will definitely be relaxing for the 10 days, I also intend to get straight back on it when we get home. Is it really hard to start all over again or is it easier becuase you’ve done it before? Did you get keto flu the second time round? Thanks 🙂

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

If anyone felt I was telling them off, then I am really sorry. But I still don’t understand. It’s not surely judgemental to say that, however much we might like it to be otherwise, alcohol is empty carbs and cals. I know! Jan, your profile says you were a midwife, so have seen women at their most vulnerable, and have been trusted with us when we are most in need of support.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Now sixturkeys,
    You dont know me from Adam, nor my life, nor what’s going on in it. Equally i know nothing about you and your life or why my post has agitated you! In a rational side of my head, left brain, i know wine and g&t does not make sense on an 800 day. On the irrational right side, a really lovely day topped off with steak and a good red wine…makes perfect sense..and we, as well as those we have loved will all be a long time dead..so that and the irrational side won the day..and excess calories and sugar counted and accepted. Folk post for many reasons..sometimes just to have their own record of behaviour…if it causes you a problem…pass on by, i’ll survive and continue to thrive! Different models of the world and all that. Greenjanet koko and practise that oatience!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

6 turkies
    Towanda said it was a special day so obviously doesn’t happen every day.
    I’m sure when on this plan, if needing to eat or drink something because of a situation in a one of situation it would hardly need commenting on perhaps to be helpful offer encouragement instead of speaking the obvious. It’s always helpful to consider that we don’t know what’s going on in people’s lives and as such cannot judge.
    We are all adults here and as such can make informed decisions.
    I’m aware being recently new to these forums after a long abcense that there is a very preachy feel to the threads now which feel very controlling.
    Just my opinion but I’m aware others feel this also.
    🙋 jan

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Sorry crossed thread
    Towanda don’t worry keep a peaceful mind
    🤗 jan

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Jan, there is a Buddhist retreat about 10 miles from us. It is called the Plum Village, take a look at their website if you havent heard of it.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi sunshine girl
    It’s a zen retreat Center not the tradition I follow, some like Zen but for myself it doesn’t go deep enough it only goes to two levels that was taught by Buddha. The NKT goes to the third and final level.
    That’s why it appeals to so many as anyone can join in and go to the level they wish to achieve
    But thank you for the info.
    🙋 jan

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Hello beautiful people!!
    New day rising over Melbourne and I’m anticipating a great day. I’m meeting up near the coast with ex-colleagues now friends for a hike followed by dinner and a night of board games and chatting. I won’t count my calories – only my carbs – and I’ll endeavour to have moderate wine only. Today marks the end of my 6th week on the plan.
    Will jump on the scales and come back to report 🕺

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Haha lovely kangeroo
    Sounds like a lovely day enjoy. I’m of to bed isn’t it so funny I always assume everyone is awake when I am hehe 🙋 jan

on

Very pleased to report a 1.4kg loss this week 🙂 That’s about 3lbs I think?
    Which brings me to a total of 8.5k/19lbs loss in 6 weeks. Kicking ass!!!

My aim for the coming week is to stay on the fast 800 every day from this Sunday and hopefully by next week my scales will show a different first digit. 😀

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi crispsforbreakfast, it’s nice to see another Scottish person on here lol. Welcome to the forum.
    I joined in January when I started the BSD, mainly to control my diabetes but also to lose weight. The forum has been a great support to me. Everyone is so friendly, helpful, supportive and knowledgeable (not sure what’s happened recently but hopefully it will go back to the way it was)
    In answer to your questions, I found it so easy for the first 8 weeks. I was on a high. My blood sugar was decreasing and I was losing weight. Initially I kept telling myself it was only for 8 weeks and then I could eat what I want again. To be honest I think that was what kept me going. However, as I neared the end of the 8 weeks I realised I didn’t want to go back to the way I had been eating. My diabetic medication reduced and my side effects disappeared so I was feeling much better. And my diabetic nurse was very pleased with my results. Since then I have dabbled with maintenance and not really been as strict with myself. I still believe that life is for living and food is definitely part of the enjoyment so now I tend to make informed choices and balance things out. My weight has stayed much the same since end March and so have my bg levels so I can’t complain. I was lucky enough not to suffer carb flu and I think as long as you don’t go back to eating the way you were then you shouldn’t have carb flu going back to bsd after a short break. I found that while on holiday I was too busy enjoying myself to worry about food. I just ate what I wanted at the time. Sometimes I found I was fasting or having one meal a day without realising it and other days I was having cakes and scones. It all balanced out overall and I only gained 1lb during my week away. I tended to walk more as well which I guess helps.
    Where in Scotland are you and where are you off to on holiday? I live near Glasgow

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ms Kangerroo
    Bril work let it power you through another great week🌈 jan

on

Louise, that’s amazing!!! I would be thrilled if I could do similar! Have you achieved this without being on the Fast 800 7 days a week or have I misunderstood your post? Tying to get my head round the ins and outs 😀 and also seeking reassurance that I won’t be undoing all my hard work if I have a day off here and there… I’m doing this for weight loss, not to reverse diabetes so worst case I accept I may have to re-lose the same couple of pounds but if I could still have a similar loss to yours, well, I’d be very happy 🙂

on

Thanks Scottishgal, I’m up in Inverness. We’re heading to North Wales, Cornwall and Glasgow at the end of August then Majorca at the end of September. Your post is exactly what I wanted to hear 🙂 sleep deprivation from feeding/co-sleeping with my little boy has trapped me in a cycle of carb addiction, the Fast 800 is my way of going cold turkey. I wasn’t a carb addict before I gave birth but definitely feel I could have made healthier choices. I’m learning a lot being on this plan but will definitely be adding a few more carbs once I reach my target weight. You’ve given me such hope that I’ll be able to maintain if I eat in moderation. Thanks so much 🙂 PS I’m totally lost with what’s been going on so am just ignoring it and waiting for it to settle down.

on

Well – total disclaimer – I’ve tried something different this week, not sure if my loss was the result of that or just random?
    I had always wanted to try fasting as it’s somthing my husband does and was interested in the health benefits, I never skipped a meal in my life. I planned to go without food for a day but it turned out so easy (I.e. I wasn’t hungry at all) that I kept at it for two whole days. The other days I ate low carbs (max 20 gr) and high fat but didn’t count my calories. Apparently not a good idea to count calories when you skipped so many meals?
    This week I plan to do 800 cal every day except today I won’t count calories (but might very well eat around 800 cal for all I know lol)
    Not sure if that helps.

on

I’m also going on holidays soon @crispsforbreakfast. I expect to maybe put on some weight back on but I know this will be water retention as I might have more carbs than usual.
    I don’t plan to go crazy though, my extra carbs will probably be in the form of a couple of drinks and some exotic fruits.
    Like you I don’t have diabetes or other medical conditions.
    Then when I’m back from holidays I might try another fast or I might go back to fast800 and the water retention will be gone 😎👍

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh dear what a pickle! All I can say is that we are not showing just how caring we are to all the possible newbies.😢. I have been following this woe for 16 weeks now and I have discarded 3 stone and I am very happy with that. I personally have been sticking to 20g and below of carbs and it has helped me in more ways than one❤️ I stopped getting pain in my ankle and my knee both on my left side! Over the past two weeks I have been trying to help my OH cut his carbs down and believe me it is hard when you have a man that has survived his whole life never eating a vegetable!!! My OH eats only meat, pasta, rice, potatoes, apples and bread!! He does like herbs and spices thankfully so food is never bland😂😂. So trying to help him lose 3-4kg has had me concentrating on him and neglecting myself! Oh what a surprise! NOT!! In his first week of doing this he has lost nearly 2kg’s yet go him and me. I have been using Dietdoctor for what they call keto breads, pasta etc…. I have made Gnocchi that has almond flour(ground almonds basically and quite course) and grated mozzarella, I can’t eat it myself as it is still a little stodgy for me. I have also made him the keto bread rolls and every other day I have been making the cheese scones which require coconut flour. They are pretty amazing but again a little to like the real thing😂. So concentrating on him and not myself I have let this woe slip! Luckily I haven’t done too much damage!! So I am back to being on the wagon and it is where I am hoping to stay. Hope you all have a fab weekend❤️ Birdy💞🦜

on

Wow Louise, I dont think I have the discipline to go without food for a whole day! I’m still breastfeeding so very low carb/actual total fasting isn’t an option right now (who am I kidding, I’d totally fold if I even tried 🙂 ) it’s fascinating to see all the variations of the plan. I’m planning to stick to the 800 (ish) kcals a day until our first holiday and am aiming for 50 – 70g carbs a day. Where/when are you off on holiday?

I hope your OH appreciates your hard work Birdy! I’ve got mine on the diet too and he seems to be sailing through it… he’s also lost 1lb more than me! That’s an amazing total discard Birdy 🙂

Day 6 and Keto flu symptoms seem to be improving and I’ve lost another 1lb, that’s 8.5lbs total 🙂 I’m trying to ready myself for when the big losses settle down! How much water weight loss is normal?

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done a Birdy that’s a great loss. Personally I’ve never been able to go as low as 20g apart from on the odd day. I know it takes great dedication … much respect!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

[post removed]

on

Hey CrispsForBreakfast, I only stop BF a couple of month ago and it does take a lot of energy from you.
    I never thought I’d be successful with extended fasting but it felt so easy that time that I kept going with it. I don’t know that it’s the healthiest choice and that I’ll do it again though?

• posted by Katniss
    on

Thanks for your lovely responses! With working and Mum-life I’m not on here much but it was lovely to come on and read today.

LK – a huge thank you for your post. It was really lovely to see your summary of my post in such positive terms – I think we have a tendency to see our own failures, but to see your positive summing up of my successes has really made me think differently and put a smile on my case. So thank you!

Crisps – a fellow coeliac, always nice to meet someone who understands 🙂 How long have you been diagnosed? I’ve been 7 years this year and don’t really think about it anymore, apart from when eating out and when looking for miso soup! Ha! I completely agree though, I’ve read every book and blog on nutrition going as I feel that my problems are more complex than just switching to gluten free and I think that’s what’s lead me to think about my son’s nutrition so much too. He eats a very ‘balanced diet’ from an NHS pov and is also on about the 50th centile, I’m just concerned that a lot of his calories really come from carbs.

I have never really struggled with my weight until just after I got married, I put about a stone and a half on… Then fell pregnant and was really ill through pregnancy. I piled weight on and by the time I came home after giving birth was 4 1/2 stone overweight. I’m now only a few pounds overweight from a BMI perspective but I’d like to lose about another 12lbs to really feel like me.

Anyway, that’s a bit more about me. Everyone’s recipes and meal inspiration sound fantastic. Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend. I’m very jealous of those of you who are anywhere in the world other than they wet and grey UK! I won’t wade in on the other discussion that is happening, other than to say I feel that this is a thread I feel more inclined to post on than others :).

on

Hey Katniss, would you believe 7 years too! I was misdiagnosed as not having it 10 years ago but my current consultant thinks I developed it when I was a teenager, I have dermatitis hepaforma, which was misdiagnosed as eczema when I was 15… the difference since giving up gluten has been crazy! I don’t struggle with it day to day but if they find a cure I’m buying a fresh loaf of bread and eating it every which way possible 😀

I know, I think gluten nearly destroyed my body, I was so ill they thought I had stomach cancer. Have you had your thyroid checked? Hypothyroidism is apparently quite common in coeliacs. I came back subclinical but have a sympathetic GP who started me on medication. I dropped 1 stone in about 1 month by making zero changes and was able to stop taking blood pressure medication after 2 months. I honestly felt like I got my life back! Did you ever get caught up on curezone? I’m ashamed to admit before my diagnosis I even tried some of their ‘cures’ 😀

I want to lose 52lbs initially, so pretty much what you’ve lost to date. When I was slim I was really unhealthy, rarely exercised… now I’m fit but fat, so I’m guessing my body underneath will be different than before. It’ll be great to find out!

I hear you Louise, my OH sometimes comments that our son is draining my life force 😀 at 4am it certainly feels like it! I don’t want to jinx it but he’s not asked for milk during the night the past 2 nights, maybe I’ll be able to get some proper sleep soon!!! I really think this plan is a learning curve, and differentvfir many of us, I’m just glad I get to learn from you before embarking on a fast myself 🙂

Hope you all have a great weekend too 🙂

on

Day 6 and only had a 0.2lb discard, I’m rounding to the nearest 1/2 lb so that’s 8.5lbs in 6 days, can’t wait for my first weeks’ result 🙂 Good luck to you all!

• posted by Baby Bumblebee
    on

Hello all,
    I’ve been reading the thread but reluctant to post recently. Anyway, I thought I would post my results since 01/07 as I very much enjoy seeing other’s results. I joined this particular thread as it shows up under the Fast 800 forum for me, which is what I’m doing. I do not have diabetes but I am morbidly obese. So, I had read the book after a friend recommended it and decided just to start that day as I had not eaten anything at that point. I decided just to do OMAD as that is easiest for me and I am very much all or nothing when it comes to food. I also decided to give up my diet drinks that day and went cold turkey, which was not fun. I still want to drink it when I hear someone open a bottle and hear that fizz but I have only had lots of water, nettle tea and the occasional black coffee. I have been trying to reduce carbs to 20mg but usually it’s under 30. I will keep trying. My discards have not be as dramatic as some but I am trying to be grateful for my own and happy for others. (I attend Kadampa meditation classes, as monks from the Edinburgh Kadampa Centre run classes a bit more locally, so I’m trying very hard to practise their principles!) Anyway, my discards are as follows;
    Week 1 -8lbs
    Week 2 -1lb
    Week 3 -2lbs
    Week 4 – 3lbs
    A grand total of 14lbs, which is one stone in old money! I still have 4 stone to go to get down to a healthy weight for my height, 5ft 1/2″. The 1/2″ being very important! 😀
    I still feel pretty awful most of the time and my insomnia has not been miraculously cured but I shall persevere and I will continue to read your posts with interest. There’s always some interesting information shared. Good luck to all of you on your own personal journeys, please keep posting!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Welcome and well done Baby Bumbebee! Your resolve to take on this challenge, sustain that resolve, meeting things head-on while being grateful for what your body was able to give you in return . . (which are indeed AMAZING results) – such is worthy of heartiest congratulations! So many here will be awaiting posts progress whatever that entails, and enquiries should there be any . . . 🙂 . . . and I for one wish you every success . . . with this start Im sure you will make huge differences in so many aspects of your life 🙂 This is just the beginning 🙂 Quack! Quack!!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Baby Bumblebee
    Yes, I do old money, too. But in any money a stone down is great going. You must be thrilled. I also hope everyone else keeps posting.
    Crisps – here’s to a good first week’s result
    Louise Kangaroo, I’ve always enjoyed reading this thread and your posts. There’s nothing wrong with it or them. Keep going.
    Have a good week everyone
    Jennie xx

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Baby Bumblebee , 14 lbs is terrific and cutting the dietdrinks another victory. Just a thought, as you have upped your plain fluid consumption you may want to ensure you get enough sodium..it flushes out with our extra wees..a finger lick of salt or more on your food helps..might ease the feeling lousy. Good luck with the next stone!

• posted by Lucy2000
    on

Hi Bumblebee
    Bril for joining, but please dismiss the phrase morbidly obese whoever said that to you or wherever you read it is just damn cruel, we are just all a bit to short for our weight. So put that phrase to one side. You are a beautiful butterfly waiting to emerge, and this plan will do this for you. I agree with Towanda extra salt on your food, and drink plenty, to help you feel better.
    Enjoy your journey, smiles are magic and free 😊😊😊

on

Babybumblebee, I’m a newbie in Scotland too 🙂 14lbs is an amazing amount! I come on here to update my results every day to keep me on track. You’ve done incredibly well to stick to it for 4 weeks.

Thanks Jennie 🙂 I’m happy to report in the first week I have lost 10lbs!!! I am so thrilled as I’ve lost all the weight I’ve gained in the past year. My next mini goal is to lose 6.5 lbs as that will remove me from the obese category 🙂

I’ve commuted to the plan until my holiday in Spain but it’s be nice to get an idea of what to expect in the 2nd week. I’m having 50-70g carbs a day and seem to be over the worst of keto flu… (I’m really hoping this is the case). I’m averaging 15,000 steps a day but am considering adding some weights soon. Is it too early or should I just go for it?

Hope everyone gets the results they’re hoping for 🙂

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Crisps – 10lbs is a great result, and wow, to have already lost 1 year’s weight gain – I’d be doing cartwheels (although that would not end well for me!).
    I’d say it’s up to you about if and when to add in the weights. Lots of people on here are successful without doing any exercise.
    My experience is that I started doing steps from the beginning (my average is still 10,000) and then started going to a gym (using weights etc) after a couple of months. I was a complete novice with weights/in a gym etc (still am really). I don’t think it helped me lose the weight particularly, but what I did find was that using the weights from fairly early on helped with toning (my arms in particular) as I lost weight. (But I had almost 6 stone to lose – this may not be an issue for you)

Have a great 2nd week!
    Jennie xx

on

BabyBumblebee, well done on discarding that stone!! Brilliant work! Your resolution and how you tackled the diet drinks and carbs head on is inspiring. No “I will have one last day and start tomorrow”. You “just” did it! I love this. I wish I could bottle up some of this attitude and use it when I’m a little down. Well, that’s what this forum is also about I guess 🙂
    I hope your Keto flu gets better soon.
    C4B, 10lbs in your first week is an amazing result. Well done, Im sure this will give you extra momentum for the weeks to come. Don’t worry too much about your Spain holiday, this is about finding balance for life and life will always (hopefully) involve holidays. To me the most important part is to come back to this diet (I use diet as in the true meaning of the word ie. The usual food and drink of a person or animal). If you can stay off carbs for your holiday even better! Re: exercise, I’d go for it now if you feel like it. I see exercise as a really important piece within our balanced life. It helps feeling happy and accomplished. Personally it also helps me keeping back pain at bay.
    AFM I’m a little down atm. My other half has left the country for a week, so it’s just me and the kiddies and it’s not easy to be on your own and have no chance to recharge. I so wish we had some family around here but sadly everyone is in France, a mere 24 hrs flight away. My batteries are quite low! Which makes it hard for me to focus on the fast 800. I’m off carbs but I can’t muster time or energy to count the calories. My weight is maintaining though so I’ll pick this up once hubby is home. I might do another long fast as that doesn’t require any mental energy nor cooking. Just stay off food…!
    My wkd away with the ladies was nice, I did get negative feed-back on the new WOE which took me by surprise as it came from the friend I would have less expected it from. Anyway, horses for courses as always!

• posted by Lucy2000
    on

Hi Louise
    Ooh my dear I can hear your homesickness from here, (virtual hug) life can be so hard can’t it, and you’ve had a hard time of it with a lot of negativity from others all around you friends, here and now hubby has gone away it seems just lately nothing seems right..
    But I believe our mind has the power to create all around us, we can sit in a chair and think of the moon and our mind goes there. You can do this to be with your family.
    Don’t despair turn these negative feelings on their head. Rest restore then emerge smiling look for your positives and rejoice in them. Nothing is permanent everything changes, just keep busy, keep your mind peaceful and patient and all will be well..
    From a virtual friend
    👗

• posted by Lucy2000
    on

Green Janet also said to say shes in your corner cheering you on, but she doesn’t post on this forum any more but we chat by email.
    👗👗👗

on

Thanks Louise, I find posting my results on here really helpful. I’ve made myself a promise that I’ll post regardless of the results, every day until Spain 😊 This is day 9 and I’ve lost another 1lb, 11 lbs discarded so far 😊 I’m having to start managing expectations for future loses as I appreciate it’s going to slow down soon.

It sounds like you have a tough week ahead of you. I hope you get some time doing something just for you! It’s so important that we all administer some regular self care. It’s hard when you’re far from family, especially when you have kids. Do you have any mum friends who can help out? Big hugs x

Today is going to be hard as it’s my day off with my toddler and he does love to try to share his food 😂 Hope everyone has a good weigh-in 😊

on

Thanks Lucy and C4B, your words are very appreciated and quite uplifting. 🙂
    I’m feeling better already! I’ve baked a massive tray of meatballs, low carbs, slow cooked. Had a couple tonight with cauliflower rice and it was delicious.
    Toddler do love to share their food don’t they?! 😅🤣

• posted by New Day Rising
    on

@Baby Bumblebee Congrats on the weight loss. You must be so pleased. I just wanted to tell you, I’m with you on the height front. I am 5ft. I can’t even put in the extra 1/2 inch.

Tomorrow will be week 6. Last week I put on 2lbs after my afternoon tea, but I got back on it. I haven’t weighed myself since. I have generally been good. I had a day out with friends on Saturday and did have a couple of beers. I then went on a first date. I needed those beers to settle my nerves! The date went well and I am seeing him again. He has even done his research and found a restaurant that fits with my diet. We shall see how things progress.

I am now back in a lot of my old clothes, including my most favourite top. So much so, that when I saw the top in the sale a few months after buying it, I bought another one. Haha.

I don’t have my kids now until Thursday evening and so I have 2 days to paint my daughter’s bedroom, before her birthday on Thursday. Hoping to lose a bit of weight in the process.

• posted by Purplesnow
    on

Hi Louise K, that sounds really lovely, do you have a special recipe for your meatballs. I struggle to convert recipes into calories and meatballs would be great.

on

Hey @purplesnow, I’m not the type of cook that follow a recipe, I’m a creative cook haha
    Here is what I do to make meatballs. I have my calorie counting app open and I enter my ingredients in the recipe as I go so that I know the end results macro :
    I mix 1-1.2kg beef mince + 2 eggs + some cream (1/4 cup) + minced garlic and onion + salt, pepper and any seasoning you like (herbs or spices) + 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce + 1 tbs soy sauce. I finalise the mixing in an electronic mixer to make it all fluffy.
    Then I roll them into meatballs and brown them on high heat with olive oil. I then remove all the fatty bit that have come out, cover with suggo (maybe 800gr total – I try not to put too much as that is where you can find most carbs), then cover the dish with aluminium and put it in the oven for 2-3 hours on medium ~130 degres.
    This makes 30-35 meatballs and they are delicious with cauliflower rice or mash. If you have enough calories left you can top them up with Parmesan… 🙂

on

How you doing Louise? Your meatballs sound amazing! You can keep the cauliflower rice, I bought some from Marks & Spencer and I just found it weird… from now on curries and chillis will be served with salad and a lo-dough (which is also slightly weird in texture 😁 )

New day, it’s my son’s birthday tomorrow too 🎁🎉 Hope you got your daughter’s bedroom painted!

I’m on day 10 and have discarded another 0.4lbs 🙂 so my total is still 11lbs 🤞 I lose enough to make that 11 1/2lbs tomorrow.

How’s everyone else doing?

on

Hahaha C4B, you made me laugh with your cauliflower rice comment 😂
    I must admit that I was very underwhelmed the first time I tried it. I did give it another go with a different cooking method I.e. microwave with no added water and it made all the difference! It does taste nice and the texture is perfect.
    I’m traveling well, tks for asking. Feeling like a million bucks so goes to show that energy is a fluid thing – some days down and some days much better! Oh is back tomorrow night 😍

on

That’s great to hear Louise, it’s always so much easier when there’s 2 of you.

Well today’s weigh in has been disappointing, I actually gained 0.2lbs since yesterday!!! I’ve checked back over my food and weirdly yesterday was the first day I dropped below 50g of carbs. Today’s carbs will be back up to 56g… I am also approaching TOTM so it could be water related. Who knows 😀 I’ll stay the course as I know I must be losing weight!

on

I put on 2-3lbs worth of water before ttoms so I’m sure that must be related.
    Keep up the good work! 🙂

on

@crispsforbreakfast – Ah, Happy Birthday to your son! We’ve been affected by flooding in our village. Luckily my house hasn’t been affected, but the painting went out of the window as it took me 4 hours to get home from work last night. Still, it will all get done! It might just be at the weekend that it gets finished. I did a long walk home last night and got in 20,000 steps and had to wade through water up to my bum. It was kind of like ‘Tough Mudder’. Haha.

on

Coming out of my 80’s dance class and it was so much fun!!! I think I have found a way to be active that is so fun that I will keep at it.
    Also I like the réflection in the mirror a little more every week 😍
    Do you guys have any specific way to be active that’s fun and addictive?
    I once pondered doing pole dance classes 😅

on

NewDayRising!! Water up to your bum! I would have been scared 😱
    What type of ground were you walking on? That must have been intense

• posted by alliecat
    on

Louise, you must speak to kafin about the pole dancing! 🙂

on

The river and streams burst their banks in the village I live in, so the main road was covered in water and there was a car kind of floating in it. I had to dump my car and walk and then hit the water. There was no other way through as every road was flooded, so with the help of a man who also needed to get home, we walked through it. It was just tarmac that we were walking on, but just needed to watch for the curbs.
    The guy I walked with though, dropped his phone. Luckily he managed to fish it out and it was fine.
    It was all clear this morning. They must have worked through the night to get it clear.

on

@newdayrising scary! I don’t think I would have been game to walk across, too chicken hehe
    There was no risk of getting « taken » by the water?
    @alliecat oh yeah? Has Kafin done it? It supposed to be really good for core muscle and quite good exercise. Maybe when I’m at goal weight I’ll be game enough to try it 😅😅

Please log in or register to post a reply.