Jun-Jul 19 starters, support group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Louise I have thought about pole dancing classes too! But with my big bulge and big boobs thought they might get in the way😂. I too have heard how good it is for your core and maybe if I hit my goal I will be joining you in really thinking about it❤️ I am also thinking of biting the bullet and joining the gym when I get back from holiday. I am loathed to do it though as the last time I paid out all that money and never used it. I don’t dislike exercise I just can’t seem to find one that I enjoy!😂. Men find it a lot easier chucking metal about and being able to stick to a routine of exercise! Especially my OH! But then they don’t really have all the other stuff going on like us women😂

CFB you are doing amazingly, NDR I can’t imagine the stress of a flood and I am sure it was horrific😱. But walking in deepish water is really good for you and so you found your silver lining. Welcome and good
    Luck with your WOE and journey.❤️ Baby bumblebee well done on your incredible start you have done so well and I am sure you will reach your goals😍. I am now down to 14-7 from my starting point of 18srone! I never though I would get here and be able to keep it off! I would love to be 12 stone 9 as I remember when I was that weight when I was in my early 20’s and it felt great in more ways than one. So here is to finding our own way and reaching our goals however it suits us. 💞🦜. Birdy x

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Louise – I have! In fact, I loved it so much, I bought my own pole 😉 which I used to have up in my dining room instead of a table. Have sold it now because no room in my place currently. It’s incredibly hard and a great workout – by the time I stopped classes (moved to a new city), I had the hang of most of the spins, inverts, one-armed holds and could do them in heels 👠. It’s a bit tough on your skin as you leave a lot of skin cells behind but I think it does a lot for self esteem.
    It’s something I intend to get back into but haven’t found the right studio as I need a non-Hollywood one where there are a few more imperfect body types 😂

• posted by CrispsForBreakfast
    on

Wow New day, it sounds like an adventure just getting home!!! I’ve been watching all the flooding on the news. Hope you’re ok and staying dry.

Louise, pre child I used to love mountain biking, we would be out all day without a thought. We’ve tried putting the monkey in a trailer but no joy so far… I think I did my 10,000 steps this morning trying to get his socks on 😂

Thanks Birdie 😊 really hoping for a loss tomorrow. I’ll keep going regardless but it just makes it so much easier to be motivated when you see the scales go down.

Good luck everyone, we can do this!

on

Today I lost the 0.2lbs I put in yesterday so at least I’m going in the right direction. I suspect I’m going to have a bigger loss in the coming days but I won’t lie, it’s frustrating to be eating 800kcals and not losing weight… I unintentionally fasted for 19 hours today after I missed breakfast then got called into a short notice meeting at work. I was surprisingly unhungry.

It’s my toddlers birthday party on Sunday. Will I be able to resist cake 😂

How’s everyone else getting on? Can’t believe I’m on day 12 already! Good luck x

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

@birdy76 I am with you. I refused to join a gym as at the beginning Im full of good intentions but because I don’t find it that fun, I end up not going. Maybe it’s the case of finding a gym buddy to stay accountable…
    @Kafin I don’t know the move you are talking about but this is very impressive. Just lifting yourself off the ground must be quite hard. You must be so tone and strong!! You know what?! I’m going to start looking for a class! I live in a very very very welcoming area for all gender and body types and sexual orientations etc. Everyone dresses as they want, no one check you out, it’s just “you be you!”. So I’m sure I can find an inclusive pole dance class. Fingers crossed.
    @CrispForBreakfast I dont think a bite or two of that cake would be too detrimental but I don’t think you’d even enjoy it! Fx for a big whoosh loss coming your way. It seems that you deserve it!!

AFM I feel that I need to find a new home on the forum. Apparently once you reach your healthy BMI you should move to 5:2. I have reached it but I have still too much fat around my waist so need to drop more weight. My waist measurement is above 80cm.
    For the past 2 weeks I have done 4:3, so 4 days of MDS without counting calories but keeping carbs below 20gr and the other 3 days, water fasting. The weight is dropping like crazy. 1.4kg last week and this week will be around 2kg…!
    In other news, OH is back so life is good!!! 😀

on

Louise, it must be so good to have your OH back! It’s amazing that you’re a healthy BMI, may be it’s more muscle building you need to focus on, to change your body composition. Do you have any female gyms locally or women’s only weight classes? I’m sure you’d find a gym buddy there.

Well, I’ve regained the same 0.2lb again!!! And to add insult to injury my other half had a latte and sweetie yesterday yet lost 1/2lb!!! My period started this morning so I’m hoping this is causing the stall…

Hope everyone’s doing better than me 😂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Louise it sounds fab where you are and I hope you find a class that you enjoy. I used to love HIT which was only a 30 minute class that worked wonders as it kept you burning calories for longer. When my knee is healed I will look into doing it again. You also don’t need to find a new home just because you have reached your healthy BMi, no matter what you decide to do to maintain we will all be here to support you. Birdy 💞🦜

on

That would be good if I can stay around even if I’m not doing the fast 800. The other forums seem very very quiet. I’d still do a low carb diet.
    Also I’m very dubious about what my BMI says. My ankles and wrists are super thin which makes me believes that I’m a very frêle frame. And that isn’t taken into account when calculating BMI. Might go for another DEXA scan. 😊

on

Week 7 and -2.1kg! Very pleased 🙂
    Total weight loss is now 10.6kg
    I saw a friend I hadn’t seen in 6 weeks and she noticed. All her compliments made me feel so happy haha

on

That’s so impressive Louise! I hope I can match your results too.

I managed to lose the same 0.2lb that I’ve been gaining and losing for days… I feel totally bloated so hoping it’s hormonal water retention 🙄

Had half a sandwich and a very small piece of cake at my little boys birthday party, I’ve not eaten anything else today so I’ll be under 1,000 kcals today – not a major falling off the wagon. I really enjoyed it and shockingly felt very satisfied after it. Previously I would have craved more immediately after. It’ll be interesting to see how it impacts tomorrow’s weigh in.

Good luck everyone!

on

Woohoo! Finally, 1lb off meaning a total discard of 12lbs in 2 weeks!!! Totally happy and ready to start the third week 😊 I think I weirdly needed the extra carbs yesterday as I felt really good after, no bloating… we’re just going to repeat the first 2 week’s again so sticking to 800 – 900 kcals a day.

Hope everyone else is doing well too 😊

on

Good job C4B, sounds like you broke your mini plateau. I feel a big whoosh effect coming your way!
    Solid results in 2 weeks, you must be pumped 😊

on

Thanks Louise, I’m really pleased 😊 although I’ve gained 0.2lbs today??? I’m a bit surprised as we went on a pretty strenuous 4 hour hike yesterday so I’d expected to have a big loss today. I did have an extra 100kcals as I was starving, but it was just a small piece of cheese and 1 square of 90% chocolate. According to my scales I gained 0.4lbs of muscles yesterday so at least I’ve lost fat. Really holding out for the fabled whoosh (such a hypocrite considering I’m so sceptical about it’s existence 😂 ).

Have you settled on an exercise yet?

Slightly off topic but how do people react when any of you tell them you’re on this diet? I’m really happy with it and it’s totally evidenced based but I feel really wary about telling anyone… I think it’s the potential negativity surrounding only having 800kcals.

on

C4B, it’s quite common to put on water weight after rigorous excercise. Something about the stressed muscles holding a little extra water.
    It should settle tomorrow or the day after 🙂
    As per telling other people, i use the magic words “detox”, “cleanse” or cutting out highly processed food from my diet and people are very supportive.
    The couple of times that I went into more details people got their back up and were quite negative so I keep it vague and use the right wording 😉
    I did lend MM book to a good friend who was probing me further and her partner has already lost 8kg!
    Oh and yes I have found an exercising class that is heavily danced based – 80s and 90s music. I’m waiting to be back from Bali to start classes there 😁

on

That’s really interesting Louise, I’ve been really active the past few days which may explain the lack of weight loss. I’ve gained 0.2lb since yesterday so feeling a little confused but I know since I’m sticking to the diet that I must be losing fat… hopefully it’ll show on the scales soon.

Yeah, your experience has confirmed my fears. I think I’ll hold off telling anyone and if they ask I’ll just say I’m eating clean too.

Your 80s/90s workout sounds amazing!!! When do you head to Bali?

This board seems to be really quiet, I’m thinking of switching to the weekly one instead…

on

Fair enough, the whole forum is really quiet atm, people must be on holidays 🙂
    I hope the newbies are alright and will check in soon. I’ll stay in that thread as the others are too busy for me, I can’t manage to keep touch and reply to everyone. Although I pop in sometimes to say hi!
    I’m flying to Bali on Saturday for 7 days. I will enjoy that break so much. Will try not to stress too much about food, I think I will have some carbs if the dish is amazing and something I could probably never try again. But I’ll do TRE 16:8, will walk a lot, won’t snack, will focus on grilled fish/meat and veggies and have some wine at night. Fingers crossed when I get back my weight gain will only be water gain 😅
    About your 0.2 gain, could you also be coming to TTOM? I pack on (water) weight around that time

• posted by 7babies
    on

I’m home from vacation ( and too much food) and don’t think I will get caught up with all the posts so i’m just jumping back in. My weight is good. I managed to lose another .5 lb which I was afraid would go the other way. My younger kids start school tomorrow and the university kids go in the next two weeks. Theoretically this should give me time to exercise more but I may be so lonely I’ll eat. Something to work on I guess.

on

Hi @7babies, good to have you back! Well done on maintaining your weight while on vacation.
    How did you manage this? Any tips? I’m going away this Saturday for a week and I’m worried I’ll come back with a few extra pounds on me … 🙈
    I know what you mean about eating because you’re lonely. It’s hard when you’re home. Can you stay away from home? Go for hikes? Get a good book that is so entertaining that you won’t put it down?
    I have seen a therapist to work on my emotional relationship with food and that help tremendously. She gave me a recording of positive statements to listen every now and then. One I like is “I’m a slim women. I’m a strong and slim women. I eat like a slim women”.
    I’ve paid attention to what my very slim friends are eating (super slim, eg BMI below 19) and surprise surprise they stop eating quite early in their meals and have no trouble not finishing their food… they never eat/snack outside of meals either
    Anyway, I’m rambling sorry, and not sure any of that help! If you’re bored come here for a chat, I’m sure you’ll find someone to keep you company 😊

on

Today marks the completion of 8 weeks under the Fast 800 / 4:3 ways of eating for me. Time to take stock 🙂
    Total discard in 8 weeks: -12.1kg / -27lbs! Only 5lbs to lose before reaching my initial weight goal. 😀 If it wasn’t for my upcoming holiday, I’m certain I’d reach that goal by end of August. Because of the holiday it might be by mid-September but I don’t care, I’m in it for the long haul and actually I won’t put a timing on it. It will happen when it will happen.
    65kg / 143lbs was my initial goal as it used to be my happy, easily maintained weight before my pregnancies. However I believe I may still have way too much fat in my middle section despite being BMI 23 and waist ~80cm. I have a very small frame and probably light bones, and all my readings indicate that for this body type, one should aim for a lower BMI of 19-20….!! I have booked a DEXA scan to understand how much fat there still is around my internal organs and will take it from there. I know I will be happy with my body/appearance at 65kg but I’m doing this for health benefits, so if I need to go below, I’ll buckle down and keep going.

on

Hello 7Babies, so impressed you managed a loss whilst on holiday, I’m going on holiday 2 weeks today and would love to get any tips for maintaining/losing!

Louise, that is such an amazing achievement!!! Your results really motivate me to keep going! It always surprises me how every one carries weight so differently. I’m 5’4″ and a small frame but am very toned under the fat 😂 no one ever believes how heavy I am. If you can learn to enjoy it I would definitely recommend lifting weights, you can do it and not be bulky.

I think you have a really healthy attitude towards your trip to Bali, life’s too short to deny yourself any pleasure 😀

I managed a 0.2lb discard so just need 0.8lb more to reach my first stone, that’s my goal for the weekend. I have 7 weeks on Sunday until our beach holiday 😱 so need to stay on track!

• posted by EmandMum
    on

Hi all. Haven’t posted for a while but have been keeping on. Managed to not have birthday cake on my birthday for the first time ever in my life! This was despite having cakes in for the family. Mum also resisted. She made a raspberry and banana cake from the low blood sugar diet recipe book but it didn’t come out well owed to using coconut flour instead of spelt. We’re going to try again as the flavour was there and yummy just wrong consistency. Would be a good staple to have in for celebrations so you don’t fall off the wagon. I’ll share recipe if I can snap it from her book.
    I’ve been eating a lot of salads making the most of the hot weather but finding I’m not cooking as much as I was at the start. I am loving my roast veggies though. And peanut butter and apple wedges are still a fave when I’m hungry and need something fast. I did fall down when a friend bought me some Monty Bojangles chocolates for the bday. I gave three away – Thankfully they were individually wrapped – and limited it to a couple a day. There weren’t many in the box thank god but it was my first slip since starting a month ago. Anyway, I have lost half a stone now but most of that went at the beginning. I seem to be hovering around this 13st mark now. I’m inching down maybe half a pound a week the last couple of weeks – hard to tell on mum’s scales as I don’t always weigh at the same time of day and their analogue. I need to order some digital ones of my own! Will do it today. But I’m struggling to get exercise and steps in with the bubba. On pole dancing, I used to do it too for a while when younger. Loved it. I know a lady who has the most amazing athletic body having mastered it as a sport and becoming an instructor. In fact this has prompted me to get in touch with her about some lessons! On the baby food, we’re weaning at present. I’m not worrying to much as long as the carbs are complex. I am not going to limit him on bananas. And he is not a big baby, very slim so I’ve been keen for him to get the calories. And because I am a crap cook he is pretty much a pouch baby unless I’m having salmon or fish in which case he has the same. When he’s older I hope he’ll have roasted veggies with me and all that good stuff so the carbs will be the minority’s food group. Also I don’t know what the research says about growing bodies – as long as the carbs are complex I think it’s good for them to have a balance and learn moderation. I love the idea of dirty juice/water! Great! Defo using that one! thanks. And I’m not ever going near those weaning crisps and wafers – what a bad way to go. Should be banned I think. They’ll eventually put food in their own mouths – if only by the time he’s 16 yo haha – and I don’t believe pea crisps – even if they speed up that self feeding process – is a good thing.
    Keep going everyone 👏
    What is the view on baked beans? Low BSD says small amounts are ok as they feature in some recipes ie mushrooms and beans brunch dish. But do people buy the reduced sugar ones? Makes sense to I guess.

• posted by EmandMum
    on

God – all the typos and grammar errors! It’s what comes from doing long posts on an iPhone and predictive text!

• posted by 7babies
    on

Happy Sunday Evening-or Monday morning I guess. I’m down 15 lb since June 10. I am nearly at my goal weight. I hope to stay lower carb Mediterranean to keep reducing my belly fat. That is the point of all this. I carry all my weight in a dangerous place. I’ve been skipping breakfast, doing a salad with eggs or chickpeas or chicken for lunch and fish and veg for dinner. I have a question, if you do heavy exercise do you eat more? I am back to running and hiking. I’m just wondering, I haven’t read the book.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi 7babies, if you have your insulin levels low enough to be in fat burning mode your body will/can take all the calories it needs to fuel your exercise from your own fat. So no need to eat extra calories, just burn up the extra calories you have eaten previously.

on

That’s impressive EmandMum, I did not manage to resist cake at my little boy’s 2nd birthday but I did only have the smallest piece. I just use Branston beans because they taste nice and are normally on offer 😀

7babies, I’m not sure what the answer is if you’re doing a really long hike. We did a fairly strenuous hike through the Cairngorms and I was starving after, I had some extra cheese, apple and peanut butter. The book advises exercise without additional calories is fine and as JGwen said, you’ll burn through your stored fat 😊 but if you’re doing more than a normal workout I would use your own judgement.

I’ve been absent a few days as life has been really busy. Saturday I met with friends and had 250ml red wine and too much cheese but I skipped breakfast and lunch and had a healthy dinner so managed to stay under 900kcals for the day. Yesterday was a total disaster. I was travelling all over the Highlands for work, got held up between customers running late and slow tourist traffic and needed to be back to see Ian McKellen last night. I ended up eating 1 boiled egg as I didn’t get the chance to stop for lunch and drove 4 hours straight on treacherous country roads to get home with no time to spare before going straight to the theatre. Yup, I had a packet of toffee popcorn and pom bear crisps for dinner 😂🤣😂 I won’t lie, I felt pretty rubbish after! Lesson learned, I need to be more prepared in the future.

Day 22 on Fast 800 and I’ve discarded a total of 14lbs!!! I am so happy. Only 2lbs to go until I’m no longer obese and 5lbs until I’ll have lost 10% of my body weight 😊 10 days until our first holiday, aiming to discard those 5lbs by then!

Good luck everyone x

• posted by Tatie
    on

Cisps4Breakfass:

Love your success and even more the ‘cairn + words sounding Scottish? all the over here in San Francisco.

A Lot if us Feeling wounded, bruised from the past week of “troubled young white male violence.”
    Im starting week 3, feel thinner around the middle, swimming 3x wk. I had bread on sandwich 2x: ouch. What I really miss is chocolate. I had a couple almost dizzy
    spells, less than a minute duration, seemed to stop after fresh blackberries and raspberries.

♡T

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello Tatie, and welcome to the community! I normally don’t read this thread, but your reference to “San Francisco”
    just leaped off the page. There are about 5-6 Americans who actively post on the forums, and it’s wonderful to meet
    another one! It really HAS been a disturbing time in this country, hasn’t it? We had the pleasure of living in the S.F.
    bay area in the early 70’s, and I fell in love with the climate, and made wonderful friends. I’m told that I wouldn’t
    recognize the city any longer though, which is very sad. I hope to see you out and about on the forums….join in
    anywhere that is of interest of you, and you will receive a warm welcome. I’m in the vicinity of your age group, and
    there are plenty of us here who would like to get to know you! Very best, Tatie 🙂

Allie

• posted by EmandMum
    on

Well done Crispsforbreakfast. That is such a good loss! I’m sure you’ll do it for holiday.

I nibbles on one of those crispy choclate cakes you get in the plastic boxes the other day just to see how it tasted. It was rank. Can’t believe I used to mindlessly consume several of those while sat at my desk in the office. Cheap, low grade sugary rubbish. It’s the first time I’ve thought that about sweet food so I must be resetting my tastebuds, although those chocolates were divine and are still in the back of my mind.

Had a cheat dinner tonight. Courgetti with a frozen Cook meal – meatballs. Very little sugar in there and the quality of the dishes is very good. Had half and saved half for lunch tomorrow. Better than another salad and getting bored.
    Keep going all. Welcome Tatie!

on

Hello everyone! Just touching base mid holidays and I’m having a fabulous time.
    Balinese people are so lovely, the weather is hot and humid, the food is totally carbs loaded yet delicious.
    I’m so relaxed 🙂
    One thing that I’m looking fwd to us to get back to a much healthier food routine which makes me realise that this new WOE is very sustainable – I mean if I’m actually looking fwd to it!!
    Hope everyone is doing well and I’ll be back in touch with you from next week.
    Speak soon 🙂 🏖🏖🏖

on

Aww, thanks Tatie and welcome to the board 😊 I love SF and have visited my family there many times. We are indeed living in troubled times. I keep apologising to my toddler and reassuring him that the world will have gained its sanity by the time he’s old enough to understand… I just keep trying to be kind (tourists driving slowly down country roads excepted 😂 ) and working on local community projects. I think it’s about all we can do. I’ve found a brilliant 90% chocolate (recommended by someone on this board) that I have 2 pieces of with a coffee after dinner, it’s by Godiva and is amazing!!!

Thanks EmandMum 😊 How do you stop your courgetti from being watery? I’ve tried it a few times and whilst I like it, I always get a pop of water on the plate.

Glad you’re relaxing and enjoying your holiday Louise 🏖😊 very jealous! It’s pretty dreich here 🌫🌧 it’s so motivating that you’re looking forward to returning to this WOE, really hoping I’ve caught the bug too!

Day 23 and down another 1lb 😀 go8ng to work really hard to discard this next 1lb, it’s a major milestone for me!

Good luck everyone x

on

I’m so ready to hope back on the low carb wagon! Feeling a bit bloated from the wonderful holiday 😅
    How is everyone travelling?

• posted by alliecat
    on

How are you settling in, Tatie? I’ve been thinking about you! 🙂

on

Hello newbies! Holiday weight gain has significantly decreased over the past two days, I’m aiming to have it all gone within one week.
    How are you all travelling??

on

Hello lovelies, just wanted to check in on everyone, I’m guessing there must be a lot of you still reading the forums but maybe not posting? Or maybe just having the best time on holidays somewhere nice and sunny ☀️☀️☀️
    I hope that you are all doing well, and if you’re not, I hope that you will reach out on this thread. I can’t wait to hear from you!! On the top of my head: @crispsforbreakfast, @7babies, @emandmum, @tatie, @katniss, @BabyBumblebee, @New Day Rising, @purplesnow, @800, @ericmakesthree, @merrymelba, @tazza2019, @sharan7, @christine70, …
    And Im sure many more contributors. I hope this will trigger some sort of emails back to you that may lead you to post a quick hello. 😅
    Thinking of you all and sending positive vibes all around! 💃💃💃

• posted by EmandMum
    on

Hi Louise! Hope you’re well!
    Mum and I have continued to lose. We’ve both reached the one stone lost mark now. We may even have passed it. Mum did this while having a week away in Northumberland so extra well done to her. It’s slow but it’s still manageable and going in the right direction. We’re away on hols next week again and we did allow ourselves a treat this bank holiday just gone, but on the whole we’re still sticking to low/no carbs. I need to weigh today so am hoping I’ve not put any on.
    My cooking efforts has taken a back seat – not sure why apart from leaving the freezer door open and having to use up what meat and WoE acceptable stuff wasn’t thawed and lost – so I’m eating very same same every day at the moment. Thankfully it’s hot so salad has been fine. And fish and veg is still tasty.
    Tips / learnings / ideas:
    – I’ve bought some of the individual premixed cans of G&T and Pimms for when I really fancy a drink. There’s no point opening a bottle of wine as it just gets wasted or may tempt me to have more, so this way I can have a treat but not more than one can. Hoping having them in doesn’t make me increase my treats but if it does I won’t buy them again.
    – A breakfast cheat I tried today and yesterday was having some of a baby food fruit purée pouch (Ella’s kitchen) in my natural yoghurt for brekkie. Saved me thawing out some mixed berries / chopping stuff up and was done in a flash. Not any good if you want bite but fab for a quick one. No nasties are added to those but the skins may have been removed before pureeing so perhaps less fibre.
    – I’ve also been chilling homemade coffee in the fridge for a different type of drink – the shop ones are full of sugar and packaged in loads of plastic. Really enjoyed it yesterday as i’d only been having tea and water as I prefer coffee with one sweetener. It’s a treat as quite a lot of milk in it, but nice on the occasional basis when it’s so hot.
    If anyone has any quick recipes for dinner – quick and easy, minimal cook – i’d love to hear them.
    – we’re making the raspberry and banana cake mid Sept for my husband’s Bday so will share recipe if it’s nice
    Keep going everyone

on

Hi @emandmum I’m so happy to read your post and see your “face” on this thread 😊
    Well done on your continuing commitment to low carbs and discarding more weight even during the summer holidays. It’s a more difficult time for routine I reckon so extra well done.
    I love your key takeouts, it’s useful to sit back and reflect on what is working and what isn’t. I should try and do that with the hubby.
    For quick dinners, I always have fresh cauliflower or cauliflower rice in the freezer and I would do a tuna sauce with some onion/garlic and cream. Sprinkle some Parmesan on top and done. Takes me 10min?
    Otherwise I’d do a tuna salad, I have those pre mixed salads in sachets, add tuna, some almonds for crunch factor and more olive oil. Done in 2 min 😎
    Any eggs are quick to do too, sometimes with bacon and avocado on side. It’s like an English breakfast but for dinner 😛
    Speak soon

• posted by Baby Bumblebee
    on

Hello, I’m still plugging away. It’s been lovely to have lots of posts to read and even better to see people working towards their goals. I’m still on OMAD (23:1) and have a really bad rash over my body, it’s driving me crazy. I had been on holiday so allowed my carbs to go up to 60g for a few days and the rash improved. Back down to 20g and the rash has got considerably worse. I saw there is such a thing as Keto rash although it’s rare. I would have to say the evidence points to that though. It’s certainly not a heat rash as I’ve been freezing and not sweating excessively. Completed 9 weeks now and although I’ve discarded 20.25lbs, It’s a bit slower than a lot of people. I’ve got another 4 stone to go so had thought it might be a bit quicker with being so overweight. Looks like I’ll have to go longer than the 12 weeks to make any headway. I might even try the egg fast or an extended fast after the 12 weeks, we shall see. Any loss is better for my health though, so I should stop moaning and be grateful! Comparison is the thief of joy, right? It is demotivating to read that others (on other forums) are dropping 3-4lb a week consistently and still eating junk food at weekends though. I guess my body is gonna do it’s own thing. Still off the Diet Pepsi but I really miss it, I have a Pavlovian response when someone opens a can near me! 😀

Anyway, it’s been great to catch up with the posts, just keep swimming! xxx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hey baby bumblebee so sorry you have that rash! I do hope it clears up soon. Over 20lbs in 9weeks is amazing my lovely and believe me that would never have happened on WW or SW. please be proud of what you have achieved it is a great discard. It does not matter how fast or slow it happens we are all different and no two people will discard the same. I am still going too and have been at it 21 weeks and I will continue no matter how long it takes my lovely. I know you have the rash but I am hoping you are feeling better in other ways? We are all here for you hun❤️ If you go to the weekly thread you will see a post from Kafin where she has been stuck but has continued. We will all come across speed bumps but we have each other and there could be something that will help, in fact there will be and there will be someone who can shed some light on any problems that arise🤗

Jgwen any research on carb rash?

BBB we have got you ❤️❤️ Sending you big hugs and all the luck. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Baby Bumblebee – not sure if you’ve seen but Wendy copied your post over to our weekly thread where there are a lot of regulars with a lot of experience so I hope you’ll join us over there, she very much wants to help you as do many others. I choose not to post on this one but your comments made me so sad that I wanted to reach out. So sorry about the rash, I don’t know if I can be of much help on that, I do get one under times of extreme stress and it’s just around my tummy and hips. Makes me realize how much is connected to our gut if it’s manifesting in that area. Hopefully it will go away soon. Did you eat a lot of bread prior to starting? Sometimes giving up the gluten in it can cause a detox reaction.
    As to the rate of discard, I think you’ve made huge headway. I have sat at the same weight for 4 and a bit months despite doing everything right. I lost a big chunk in my first two weeks and then nothing for months so I truly understand how you feel when you read posts about people discarding pounds all over the place like it’s so easy and no big deal. It is incredibly demotivating and I have cried many bitter tears and felt quite pissy with people!! All I can say is that my weight for whatever reason has finally started to move downwards again so please, please persist and reach out any time you’re feeling despondent. Maybe try not thinking about having to reach a certain point in 12 weeks? I’m still doing the 800 and I started in March – many of us continue doing it for much longer and it’s fine to do so. I see this as long term although maintenance will look a little different. But I’m not there yet!!
    There is evidence that mixing things up from OMAD to TMAD really helps, plus maybe even the odd egg fast so if you decide to go that way, head over to the Egg Fast thread, there’s lots of recipes etc there.
    It sounds like both our bodies are gonna do their own thing – I refer to it as 🦄 science but having read many books about the myths we were fed about fat etc and the progress that has been made in determining why people get obese, I believe wholeheartedly that this works, it just takes longer for some of us. Be a 🐢🐢 with me! Ignore the boasts about huge and fast losses, you do you and rest assured that is good enough. There are great things going on inside of you that you can’t see! Please join us on the weekly thread and/or the Sensible September one, we would love to see you there and support you! xx
    PS. I get it about the diet Pepsi. I drank Diet Coke for years and finally gave it up ten years ago after reading that it was the best thing for cleaning a filthy toilet. But sometimes the smell when someone opens a can, takes me back and I long for a taste. What the hell do they put in to make it so addictive even years later!!!

on

Thank you for your lovely response Birdy. Like others, I will persevere, I want to continue to reduce my health risks and lose weight, so I am making life changes really. It’ll not happen overnight. If it was easy, there would be no need for supportive forums!

Thanks again 🙂

on

Kafin, thank you also! I just saw that after I posted to Birdy. It’s so nice to know there others who feel the same, although not so nice for you to be stuck. When I did SW a couple of years ago, I stayed the same for 13 weeks but they were happy to keep taking my money every week and telling me I mustn’t be sticking to plan. I basically cut carbs and cals and it moved again. When I was at WW, the consultant actually told me to go below the recommended amount of Points because I stuck, it wasn’t sustainable long term. Hopefully this WOE will be manageable long term and yes, I’m still discarding faster than with any of those other programmes that charge weekly!

Fingers crossed for you in the coming weeks. 🙂

• posted by Purplesnow
    on

I am still here but very lazy. I love reading everyones updates but don’t have much to say. I am just plodding away. I have lost 13 lb in 5 weeks and then because of ill health and visitors have probably put it back on. But I am trying hard to get myself started again and am trying to think of instant food for a lazy person lol. Work has become manic and am feeling exhausted at the end of the day and thinking properly about food is really hard work. Every one just needs to keep trying their best every ounce makes a difference to your health

• posted by Tatie
    on

Question re bumble*’s post:

1-Is it safe to stay on BSugDiet more than 8 consecutive weeks?

2- what is the parallel someone mentioned, inviting Bumble* over?

3. Who was the person who warns against backsliding, and defensiveness? Starts with an “A”?

Thank you.
    Tatie

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Tatie, I can only answer the first question. This was asked of the Moderator / Admin team and they put out a ‘warning’ that they do not recommend doing the Fast800 for more than 12 weeks. That is the official line.

on

Hi @baby-bumblebee! Glad to read you 🙂
    What is this other forum you’re talking about? Sounds to me like you better ditch that other forum and only read this one 😉

About your keto rash, I did some digging and it might be induced by the reduction of some yeast in your carb. Lot of details on the following link including some recommendation like 1 cup of berries a day.
    Hope this help
    https://idmprogram.com/wp-content/uploads/01-Keto-Rash.pdf

And I agree with you WW and SW are just too happy to take our money while giving us really poor diet advice which when they don’t work (surprise surprise) the problem is US and not the poor advice. 🤨🙄🙄
    I’m happy to be free forever from these companies.

on

@purplesnow hello! 👋
    I’m glad to know you are there, reading in the background 🙂 you are so right, we all need to keep plodding along and do the best for our health. KoKo!
    @tatie
    I’m not sure about the recommendation for the BSD diet. The fast 800 yes is supposed to be max 12 weeks as MM doesn’t believe it’s a sustainable diet long term. After that he recommends moving to méditerranéen diet with 2 days on 800 cal per week until you reach target.

on

@baby-bumblebee let me know if you can’t open my link. Just in case, here is a summary of the recommendations to alleviate the rash but there are a lot more info in the link itself so try and access it :

“1. Step one is one cup of berries until you notice significant improvement, which you should expect to experience within one to two weeks. Then, go down to half a cup of berries until all of your symptoms are gone, which should be another one to two weeks, and then, cut out the berries.
    2. Step two is to consume raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar internally, six tablespoons throughout the day, in food, in water, however you can get it into your body. Do that for two weeks, then cut down to three tablespoons a day. Do that every day, again, for another two to four weeks, or until the symptoms are completely gone. Then, just resume m taking your apple cider vinegar on non-fasting days.
    3. Step three is to incorporate some external use of the raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. You mix equal parts of water and vinegar together, and then, apply it topically twice a day. Leave it on for about 30 minutes before you rinse it off or you shower.
    4. Step four is to include a good probiotic on a regular basis into your diet.
    These four steps should alleviate all of your symptoms of keto rash.”

on

Hello, hello 😊 how is everyone? Lovely to see all the continued efforts and discards! We got back from holiday yesterday and am so happy to report that I only gained 1.5lbs in nearly 2 weeks 🎉 we were pretty active but I drank way too much wine and ate lots of ice cream, cake and pasta 🐷🍰🍨🍷🍝😂 what’s really exciting is how much I was looking forward to getting back on track. Have started fresh today and am aiming for 10lbs discard in 3.5 weeks in time for my holiday in Majorca, I even bought 2 bikinis in anticipation of my epic discard 🤞😆

on

@crispsforbreakfast welcome back!! That’s an amazing result for your 2 weeks holiday!
    I’m super impressed, you’ll have to tell us how you managed such a good result 🙂
    I was the same, very happy to come back to this WOE which is def a new feeling.
    Fingers crossed for a massive discard. I have the same aim but by the end of September – so over a little more than 4 weeks 😅

Please log in or register to post a reply.