Jun-Jul 19 starters, support group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

hi Jan,
    was mulling over a response, you beat me to it…maybe different models of the world got lost in translation!
    Anyway up and at em to join a sea safari off the Norway coast..then a seafood lunch at a popup seafood bothy in stonehaven…am saving my calories and macros for that yumyum. Positively inspired you could say….

• posted by Verano
    on

Jan I think there have been a lot of crossed wires here about who is following which plan and why etc. which is a shame, because I do think we can all benefit from each other’s knowledge and no thread should be ‘exclusive’.
    Last night I settled down to watch ‘Question Time’ only to find its gone into summer recess. To my surprise instead there was a program featuring Dr Zand van Tulleken, The Truth About Carbs. It was a stark reminder of how damaging certain carbs can be for those of us with type2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, diabetes in remission or maybe even a familial predisposition to diabetes. I’m not sure if this is a new program but it’s available on BBC iPlayer for the next 29 days. It may just be of interest to any of the new Jun-July starters who have any of these health concerns.
    Also there is a thread called ‘Take a look at this’ which will point all newcomers to all sorts of information that other members have found useful on their journeys, over the last few years.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh towanda 57
    Enjoy and be a good little 800 er you know you want to have a good result on the scale.
    Tell us all about it, I’m always stuck on our blinking building site so don’t get to do good things so I need to share others.
    All together ahhhhhh
    But hurrah I’ve now lost 11 1/2 pesky blighter pounds 🌈🌈🌈

• posted by Katniss
    on

Hi All

Just dropping in to introduce myself to the newbies, Ive been following Fast 800 since 1st April and am 29lbs down now. I discarded most of that in around 12 weeks and then have maintained for a while. I’m going to start again for an 8 week period now and see if I can get the last 14 off that I would love to lose.

I did post a little when I first joined, but I think I was also stuck in the fast800/bsd confusion and so it’s lovely to see a forum for just the Fast 800 people. I don’t have pre-diabetes etc, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not concerned about my health in the long run. In my maintenance phase I’ve been playing around with 5/2, introducing some very occasional carbs etc and I found that I maintained, so I know that this is a sustainable long term lifestyle choice for me. My Mum, friend and Sister-in-Law have also embarked on this woe now too having seen the way I’m changing and I’ve found that both a blessing and a curse, as they have seen it more as a ‘diet’ where as I’ve viewed this more as a lifestyle change forever.

I have a 2 year old and I know many of you have mentioned little people too. I’m struggling for inspiration for toddler friendly low carb snacks. His meals are fine, he has yoghurt and berries, sometimes overnight oats for breakfast and then the same low carb meals as me in the day (with extra cals obviously) but he asks for toast, oatcakes, oaty bars, banana, apple etc for all his snacks. I’ve tried things like crudités and hummus but to be fair to him it’s hardly satisfying. He doesn’t really have any sugar, I’m pretty strict on that and I don’t want him to be on a diet obviously, but I do feel that he shouldn’t be having as many carbs as he is as his norm. I don’t want him to grow up seeing them as a norm in the way that I did. Any bright ideas?

@verano – the truth about carbs is brilliant! It was on a couple of years ago I think, it was the first thing that inspired me to make changes and I lost around 2 stone following principles from that and the clever guys book. Then I found the Fast 800 and the next 2 stone is history too!

Also, a few pages ago someone mentioned gluten free muso soup in Tesco! I’m a coeliac and didn’t know this existed, I’m off to track some down today! 🙂

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Katniss
    Welcome aboard Louises lively thread just to assist when you go shopping it’s spelt Miso
    Hope you have a good day 🌝 jan

• posted by CrispsForBreakfast
    on

Ha ha 800, my partner has a photo of us in his wallet and we were talking about how young and thin we looked. I did remind him that at that moment we were going out drinking all the time, I was smoking 20 Marlboro Red a day, our diet consisted of chips and cheese and masses of pasta and our only exercise was walking to work/ the pub 😀 Yesterday we stuck to plan, walked nearly 20,000 steps and were in bed for 10pm 😀 your San Pellegrino is sounding almost decadent 😀 We’re living the rock and roll lifestyle 😀

How is everyone getting on today? I definitely have keto flu and am feeling pretty rubbish but am determined to stay on plan as I’m on day 5 and have discarded 7.5lbs!!!

Good luck!

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Aaaaw Jan, hugs and kisses your way 😊
    Katniss, welcome!!! Your results are so impressive in so many ways! Your total discard over 12 weeks, having brilliantly managed maintenance, coming back for more and even having inspired others to make great changes for a better health 👏
    All that while looking after a 2yo…. Superwoman!
    I have the same interrogations regarding my children diets and how much carbs is healthy for them. I haven’t had much time to look into and whatever you do find I’d be interested in checking it out.
    Tomorrow I’m going for a girlfriends wkd which will be my first « test » out of my comfort zone. I dont have a game plan yet… I think I will tell them about the low carbs high fat and might have one or two glasses of wine. Life is for living right?! That will be my first wine in 6 weeks. I had vowed to quit for the initial 8 weeks. Now that I think of it, is it worth breaking this promise I made to myself 🤔
    A little too much philosophical for me for a Friday night 🤣

on

Wooooow CrispforBreakfasts, rock the San P!! 🤘😂
    Keep pushing through Keto flu, it should soon be over. What a discard…! Well done!
    You must feel it in your clothes?

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi greenjan 🙂 Think you hit the nail on the head in many aspects of your post . . .however . . . there are no exclusion zones on the forums . . . only of one’s own decisions 🙂 When posters ask for clarification (of something) – or pass comment and opinion, such is something we are all entitled to do/have . . . Maybe consider everyone has something to say . . . and the smallest post may have the biggest impact to someone. It may be a piece of their understanding of something that was needed. Of constructive criticism of confusing messages needing clarification or modification, or explanation . . . is considered negative then there isnt anything which can be learned 🙂 I am one of those who after making coffee and opening my computer for the day, quickly gets to the “latest forum posts” – not recent topics – and reads . . . Segregation of differing choices could perhaps be a little better defined by the Forum organisers . . . but it is what it is . . . and yes I DO agree . . . a little more patience and tolerance would go a long way to explaining the confusion. . . . not condemning it . . . which goes both ways. There is no have and have nots here. This is not Blame and Shame . . . just replying /responding. Emotionally safe zone . . .? All places, topics, threads posts need to be. Thats not exclusivity of/to any zone, topic, group or individual etc 🙂 Contemplating the tragedy of (suggested) decision of (not reading or visiting/turning off) certain topic notifications which may deprive anyone of knowledge . . . that suggestion is in itself rather elitist, selfish and discriminatory 🙂 Everyone can learn something every minute of every day . . . after all everyone has something to contribute . . . whether we (individually) agree or not. However, its what we do with that information that really counts :). Everyone on whatever part of this site is wished well in their individual quest . . . united we stand . . . divided we fall. Wherever you are, whatever you do and with whomever you share it, I do hope everyone has a wonderful weekend . . . 🙂 Quack! Quack!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’ll be glad to elucidate, greenjanet. This thread began with great enthusiasm and much hope for learning the
    ins and outs of a low carb, moderate protein, high (healthy)fat diet. As a successful maintainer, I stopped by
    regularly to offer tips and encouragement. As there is a steep learning curve at first, the average newbie appreciates
    the knowledge to be shared. Particularly the accceptance that carbs won’t be in your future if have any chance at
    maintenance success. If insulin resistance, pre diabetes or T2D are part of one’s profile, they can’t be. There are
    obvious strategies for examining what elements could be improved upon after a fall off the plan. Sadly, I no longer
    recognize a quest for that knowledge, but an acceptance that eating more calories a day, and planning for future carbs
    in maintenance suggests to me that the core principles haven’t been realized. The few people that post here are
    small in number compared to the numbers of people who read the thread and are considering whether or
    not they wish to try this plan. For their sakes, we’d like them to have an accurate representation of how this plan
    should be done effectively, and a return to carb eating isn’t a sound idea for anyone. Those that choose to do
    “their own thing” lack the necessary knowledge, and it’s sad to see failure on the horizon for them. Weekly
    confessions on who binged on what isn’t inspiring. How such episodes could have been avoided would be!
    Thank you for your “kind” suggestion that some of us should find other places to post. Perhaps you have lost
    sight of the fact that this is an open forum, and we welcome everyone wherever they would like to post, or have
    something to say. Private little threads aren’t inclusive, which has always been the watchword here. Sermon over 🙂

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Woodduckie
    After reading yet another of I’m sure informative but very long posts. I am flabbergasted your recent posts need to be reread by yourself.
    Please can we all post with humility and cherish others written words.
    I’m not suggesting a thread like this one has to be exclusive it just needs not to be picked on by some that aren’t even on this plan, to the point that people feel so upset they vote with their feet.
    Jan

on

Allie, I’m lost for words… If this thread is so terrible – or should I reframe? If everything I share is so terrible – maybe don’t look? And better yet don’t stop.
    It’s completely lost on me why you’d keep wasting your time here.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Verano . . . always nice to read your informative contributions and this one is no different 🙂 I do enjoy the Doctors Xand and Chris – grandchildren introduced me to Operation Ouch which is a great series – no matter what age!! So Im on the lookout for the suggested viewing about carbs. Thank you for the lead 🙂 Quack! Quack!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Alliecat
    I’m sorry but I will say the same to you. You are experienced not experts, please do not judge others so, when I was in the 2016 thread, it was exactly like this honest discussions about all aspects of food and drink. Whether it be detrimental to their continuance should not be a judgement by yourself. If they ask for advice then we give it. But give it just because you have a forum to do so is preaching
    I find your judgemental opinion very upsetting, everyone has to find their own way, and judging others stops them dead.
    Jan

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Right I’m going to work hard here on this thread as i Value it
    Back to basics I’m in here as I started a few weeks ago am following the fast 800 eating 50g carbs and have lost 11 1/2 pounds to date with a further 84 of the pesky blighters to go 💃💃💃💃💃 and go they will.
    I would love to know what you are all going to have for supper or dinner whatever you may call it.
    I live in the Brecklands in west Norfolk and it’s breakfast time woo hoo
    Full fat fage and berries tastes like strawberries and cream very very lush 🌸🌸🌸 wishing you all a happy day 💕 jan

on

Hi Katniss, fellow coeliac here, it was me that mentioned the gluten free miso, also mum to a toddler, he turns 2 next week 🙂

I think it’s great that you want to feed your son a healthy diet. I’m taking a slightly more relaxed approach as we don’t have diabetes in our family and my weight gain was caused by eating too much and not exercising enough so genetically I don’t think we’re overly insulin resistant. He’ll have milk and a banana when he gets up, weetabix and full fat milk and/or toast with butter and jam for breakfast. Lunch (if not at nursery) is cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, oatcakes or a peanut and jam sandwich and some fruit. Afternoon snack could be hummus, carrots and toddler crisps and dinner will be whatever we’re eating. Pudding will be fruit and yoghurt or ice cream or a mini cake. I’ve calculated his calories and including milk he’s getting 800-1,000 kcals a day, he’s also having 7 portions of fruit and veg. He’s happy and exceeding all his milestones and is on the 50th centile for weight. From the moment he wakes he does not stop, he won’t even stay still if you put the TV on 😀 He needs his carbs to keep him going.

When I was pregnant I had all these ideas of how I would raise him, organic diet, no screen time, no chocolate… yeah, that didn’t last! My only non negotiable is juice, he gets water, milk and a hot chocolate once in a blue moon. We just call his water juice and everything else is dirty water – yuck 😀

I understand wanting your family to be healthy, and if your road to diagnosis as a coeliac was anything like mine I’m sure you’ve read the internet when it comes to nutrition, which unfortunately means you’ve probably also come in contact with lots of info from the fringes. We carry enough mum guilt as it is, if he’s happy and healthy, eating plenty of veggies and fruit, complex carbohydrates, lean protein and dairy with the ocassional treat you’ll be winning 🙂 Give yourself a break, you’re doing a great job!

Good luck with the final 14lbs, 4 stones to date is an amazing achievement x

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

It’s a new day in the UK – cool and wet after the record heat yesterday. I do hope we can all move on – knowing that people have had slip ups can show us that we are not alone in having moments of “weakness”, but it’s also really helpful to get the reminder from experienced/long term maintainers that these can really slow down/derail the “process”, and I do think basically everyone understands that this is a long term (lifelong!) readjustment to food and eating, with the focus on delicious fresh produce and healthy fats rather than “stodge”, which can be really bad for those with medical conditions and just plain bad for those who are looking to discard weight/trim down (and stay that way). Anybody reading and hovering before joining, ding dongs on the forum are very rare, things just sometimes get lost in translation, and all are welcome! I like reading what everyone has to say!

on

I will share what I had for dinner – but it’s a winter recipe 😅 – it was delicious, lick your bowl delicious.
    I’d call it a carbonara potée. I sauté diced onions and diced bacon together. Once fragrant I add a whole finely diced cabbage and 2 cups of stock/broth. I leave it to simmer for minimum 30-40min. The longer the nicer. At the end I add some thickened cream and simmer for a further 10-15min.
    It’s decadent! My husband add cheese on top but I don’t. Very satisfying. It serves 4 and around 10gr of carbs and 400 carbs. Best to enter your exact food measurement to know macros and carbs.

• posted by Verano
    on

Ahh full fat Fage! I wish I was eating that right now! About six months ago I started to stew about 400g rhubarb with a peeled eating apple, some grated fresh ginger and maybe 1 tablespoon of water. Cook in the microwave for 8mins or a bit longer. I bought some silicone ‘whisky’ ice cube trays, just big ice cubes, that take a perfect serving and I freeze them. I just love the tart taste. I have even swirled the rhubarb through fage and served it as a dessert and people didn’t realise they were eating yogurt!
    Enjoy your breakfast! Mine is just a cup of coffee this morning!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning Verano
    Yep just stuffed it down and it was lush worth the extra expense.
    Never drink coffee. So never view that one as a treat my sister drinks 12 a day with full fat milk and 3 sugars, she is a very expansive lady and can’t break the habit. Hidden cals huh.
    Hope you have a happy day 💃💃💃

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh Louise
    That cabbage recipe sounds divine, I don’t eat red meat so need an alternative but ooh yeahhhhhh will do that one this evening
    Thx for sharing 💃💃💃 jan

on

Thanks Louise, I can see a change in my waist already, guessing that’s the bloating gone! I’m going to power through but nausea has really kicked in now too, although that could be the heat 😀

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Louise the cabbage recipe sounds delish… but I know it will make me fart. You say it is a winter dish but when you live in a hot country (I think you do too) you soon learn to enjoy soups just nicely warm. I love my soups all through summer just as I love salads through winter too. Have you tried the Spanish chickpea soup in the first BSD book. I can share the recipe, it is wonderful with chickpeas and chorizo.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi crisps
    I’m feeling slightly nauseous also but mines the hot weather. Are you also in the uk. At least it stops me snacking.
    How long you been doing this plan. This is my 2 nd week weigh day Thursday

on

Hi Jan, I only started on Monday so this is day 5. I’ve just had lunch and feel much better so I’m guessing it’s related to keto flu… I’m weighing myself daily – I have no patience 😀 how’s the second week going? It’s lovely getting to speak with people who are just starting out too and it’s great getting the benefit of info from those who are further ahead 🙂

We normally have a glass of red wine with dinner on a Friday… I made sure not to have any booze in the house so we can’t be tempted 😀

I’m up in the beautiful Scottish Highlands 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

[post removed]

on

@sunshine-girl Id love to give this chickpea recipe! Our kids have soup every night so it’d be nice to offer a new one 🙂
    And I always cans of chickpeas in the pantry so potentially an easy and cheap meal. Bonus!

• posted by alliecat
    on

[post removed]

• posted by greenjanet
    on

[post removed]

• posted by Verano
    on

Can we please stop all this back biting NOW?
    Allie, as you know Jan, has been a great support to many over the years. We all get our wires crossed now and again but I’m not sure it helps when such an occasional poster as Griannich cast aspersions against a member who has helped so many. Anyway, PLEASE , can we draw a line, on all the threads, and just move on. This is of no help to anybody and may well put off any newcomers who really do need our help!
    Jan I’m really interested in the fact that you are a practising Buddhist. Could you point me in the direction of some very basic reading please ?

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano
    If you google New Kadampa Tradition which is international and has been modernised for us in the west. You will find a wealth of videos free downloadable book,s info about The World Peace International Temples . Also all the meditation and Buddhist centres near to you. As there are thousands all over the world.
    Everything you need. Thank you for asking, I have been practicing for decades, and wish everyone had the opportunity to also experience the peace it gives you. Need any further info just ask.
    Re others I’m body swerving now, feeling a bit bitten.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I am very very firmly behind Verano. This is getting really unpleasant. It’s a fact that Allie, through her own perseverance, discarded 10 st in 10 months, and has been maintaining for 2 years. Saying that is not being smug – it’s not my house/my car/my bank balance is bigger than yours. Jan, it is great too that you discarded 50lbs, and I am sure that Allie would be the first to totally applaud you for that, and the first to support you now on this WoE. So as Verano says, let us all draw a very emphatic line under all this. Please!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

[post removed]

on

I agree @greenjanet. I wish there was an ignore button and going forward I will do just that.
    GreenJanet please stay, let’s not give it more power or importance than it deserves.
    I have enjoyed all your contributions so much!! I am just hoping that our newbie thread can become joyous again and I know it will. But I need you here! 💃💃💃

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Lovely Kangeeroo
    You are most kind and I appreciate your reaching out, but I’m very tired of dealing with 🐈 and 🦆
    But it’s all training for my simple mind. But I agree nurse the bitten parts and power to the plan. Slim jan and kangaroo just round the corner , wet hey it’s animal madness 🤣🤣🤣
    I’m going to sort my clothes 💃💃💃👗👚👗 of the future this evening and make a list of the order they will fit me I find that very inspirational.
    I’m still being very below 800 every day as it’s so hot all the time it does help. How’s your day been 🌝🌝🌝

on

Ok Louise, here is the recipe. It is in the book so I have completely stolen it for you. If admin object then delete but I acknowledge fully that I have stolen this from DrM.

Spanish Chickpea and Spinach Soup (210 calories per portion) – serves 4
    100g chorizo cut into smallish chunks – 2 large leeks thinly sliced 0 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped – 2 red peppers diced – pinch chilli flakes – 2 teaspoons paprika – 2 tablespoons tomato puree – 2 litres chicken or veg stock – 400g tin of chickpeas – 300g baby spinach.
    Cook off the chorizo so the fat comes out but be careful as it can burn very quickly. Drain on paper towel and discard the fat. Now you can add a bit of olive oil to the pan but I find there is still a trace of the chorizo oil. Add the leeks and cook till soft (you might want to add a drop of water as they can burn). Add the garlic, red peppers, chilli flakes and paprika and mix and cook down for a few minutes. Add tomato puree, stir and cook out for 2 mins. Add stock and chickpeas and bring to boil. Leave to simmer for 20 mins. Finally, chuck in the baby spinach and the already cook chorizo and heat until spinach is wilted. Voila, done.
    Some tips, if someone doesn’t like leeks (my daughter) use any green veg, runner beans, broccoli etc. I use a strong chorizo so dont bother with the chilli flakes but still add the paprika as that is a different taste. If your kids dont like spinach as lots dont, just serve theirs out without then add for your portion(s).
    Hope you like it. I make it is batches of 4 portions and freeze 3 of them.

on

Hi greenjanet, I too am interested in your religious pursuits. I would love to be a Buddhist but have doubts about my devotion to something, although I have stuck with this diet for 3 years so I do have staying power. Keep on keeping on… being my motto. I hate to kill anything, wont even use fly spray but dont know about hubby getting rid of the long line of ants we have in this heat (I live in France too). I try to do mindful meditation now and then but daily life gets in the way. Since last winter i have started doing yoga but it is too much in the heat of summer. I am also not sure about the alcohol question either. Do Buddhist drink. I could ask my brother as he lives in Thailand and spends a lot of time helping out in a temple, mainly looking after stray animals – including rats.
    I hope you stay around and give us the benefit of your wisdom but understand about reducing negative energies in your life. I will look up the books / sites you mention. Namaste.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Being a practicing Buddhist sounds fascinating, GJ. I would imagine that each of you is always a work in progress.
    It sounds like a perfect balance to an aggressive world. Keeping 50 lbs off is a tremendous accomplishment, and
    all good wishes to advancing to the “finish line”, whatever that may look like for you 🙂

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi all, I’ve been a regular poster on the forum since I began bsd in January. I haven’t been posting in recent weeks. I suppose a) because I’ve been busy enjoying my holidays and b) as a consequence I have totally fallen off the wagon and haven’t had much to contribute of late. But I must admit on reading the forum today I am shocked and dismayed to read all the pettiness and bitchiness that seems to be going on with the forum of late. We are all adults and should behave as such with respect for others opinions. We don’t need to agree with everything we read either on here or anywhere else but reading varied thoughts and opinions not to mention experiences only adds to our own personal knowledge and this in turn helps us to make informed decisions.
    Personally when I come on to the forum I just read through the latest forum posts until I get to where I was last on. I have no idea, and honestly don’t care, which part of the forum the posts were recorded. My only interest is the content of the individual post. And it’s easy for anyone just to skip to the next post if a particular one is not relevant to their circumstances.
    Yes we can all get emotional at times and super sensitive but come on……do we really need to get so nasty to others on here? This is supposed to be a support group where we can all share thoughts, opinions, knowledge and experience. And if anyone wants to go away in a huff when something doesn’t suit…….well, that’s just being childish!
    Anyway, I’ve said my tuppence worth and won’t mention it again.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Sunshine girl I’ve always been drawn to Buddhism although brought up as a Christian but took basic vows years ago and then two other sets of vows about 10 years, so no I don’t take any intoxicants due to my lay vows, I also teach Buddhism so need to keep a clear mind. Most people want to get of their head, I want to get into my mind. but with the Buddhist teachings you go up to the level you want to practise at, or feel is useful for you. There are three levels in this tradition.
    The tradition I follow is the Mahayana Tradition with a very pure lineage held by Ven Geshe-La and this lineage can be traced back teacher to teacher back to the Fourth Deliverer Buddha Shakyamuni. The tradition was modernised in the 10th century, then Cumbria requested a teacher for their temple in 1977 and Geshe Kelsang Rinpoche Gyatso very kindly came to us. We are so fortunate to be in the world at the same time as him. Many Buddhist traditions have been eroded by many things like politics etc.
    He’s a Tibetan Buddhist Master who fled out of Tibet when China invaded and murdered thousands of monks.
    The tradition I follow is the New Kadampa Tradition became new in the 10th century.
    Ven Geshe La has created thousands of centres up to World Peace Temples all around the world.
    He has gifted to the world two of his books. Modern Buddhism , and Transform Your Life you can download these free. TYL is exceptional if you want to improve your everyday life and see how the teachings can benefit you.
    But to find our more just search New Kadampa Tradition, there is a very beautiful temple in France where they have big international Buddhist Festivals (retreat) have a peek.🙋 jan

• posted by alliecat
    on

Have you been on an actual retreat, Janet? Perhaps in France?

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I agree with the lardons/cabbage combo; I discovered pointed/sweetheart cabbage just fairly recently. It is also delicious just by itself, cooked in butter or just olive oil. I do hope that it will be recognised that people are reaching out; life is too short to get het up. I did look back, and Jan and Allie had a lovely exchange last year about “re-tooling” – same Jan, same Allie! And I didn’t get that far into it, but James Brown On the Bus (?) might have been inspired by Duckie’s pompom sessions; if not I am sure she would agree anything by him is great to move to! We are all unique and valued, and all on our own voyage of self-discovery and to contentment.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Scottish girl
    Can I suggest you read all the thread before you pass judgement.
    🌝 jan

• posted by greenjanet
    on

More to the point FOOD
    I have had a very scrummy supper of halloumi with chilli mushrooms and tomatoes all cooked in olive oil with love from my hubby made it doubly good.
    What have you all had, only lovely kangaroo has said so far.
    🌝 jan

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Jan, i have read all the thread and I really don’t get why it went so ballistic, and so suddenly. I don’t think anyone wants a full post-mortem, just to move on; I really do think some of us are puzzled. I am not in any “camp”, or a cheerleader for anyone, just been learning here from when I joined in Jan. Absolutely no one thinks you are a doormat, none of us are.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

[post removed]

• posted by greenjanet
    on

[post removed]

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh towanda57
    That sounds really lovely how was 🇳🇴 Norway it’s so important to cherish our loved ones and a lovely day out can be as good as a holiday I always think.
    But your food sounds devine and 800 friendly, the drinkies will spike the old carb monster into action, but get back to it when today is done and it will be a momentary blip.
    So glad the day went well
    🙋 jan

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I still don’t get this “experience”. Towanda, your meals sound great, but what’s with the long time dead so never mind the booze? I love my drink, but I do realise it’s been the major cause of my post-menopausal weight gain. I’d rather be more mindful in the years I have left, and look and feel good. There is sadly some basic incompatibility. So I know I can drink, if I want, but also what it does. Wine is not water! Whatever our individual spiritual leanings might be (and many have a spiritual side without a particular creed) what are you all trying to say?

Please log in or register to post a reply.