Izzy's 8 week diary :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hee hee Switzerland there is no deadline on the homework so read/listen at your leisure!

It is weigh and measure day, my scales went up 0.2, so my official end of week 12 is 0.5lb’s down. measurements show another 0.5″ off my bust though ๐Ÿ™‚

So 12 weeks on BSD (albeit the past 4 my own mix of it) and I’ve lost 23lb’s which is great, and several inches, at least 2 clothing sizes smaller.

I’m thinking that I would really like to breach the 11st barrier and get to just being overweight instead of obese, it’s only 3lb’s away after all… so I think for the next weeks I will go back to sticking to 800 all week, once I am in the 10’s instead of 11’s I will reconsider my next move and decide what I want to do.

I’m not overthinking this weeks low loss, because it is still a loss, and I know everyone has slow/stop weeks.

I’m a little low again, the previous stressy thing is still there, and I’m tired. A mix of being up too late too often and not sleeping as well when I do go to bed. I wasn’t too late last night but woke up a lot. It was a struggle to get up this morning, but here we are breakfast shake drank and herbal tea in progress.

2 more early mornings and then 3 gentler mornings though. Not so far away.

Lunch today is soup again because I didn’t actually get around to making crackers last weekend lol. I won’t have soup all week though, I will have a salad one day and I still have pickled eggs as well. Dinner tonight is chicken, going to make chicken ‘nuggets’ for the kids but homemade with coconut flour, and for us I’ll do a spicy coating. The rest will have rice and I’ll make some cauli rice I think.

Well I best be off and wake my son, who was very naughty yesterday ๐Ÿ™

Have a nice day all

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow Izzy you are so close – just 3 lbs away!!!
    I am at a ceramic paint store painting ceramics with my husband, something we often do on my day off when I get one which today was only 1/2 day.
    To my delight I figured out how to fit in tacos to my plan so we both had two corn tortillas with 1/3 c Refried beans (1/2 in each), 1 oz cheese in each, and 1 T salsa in each and they were yummy!!!! It’s the middle of week 11 so getting new foods introduced we can eat is a fun thing!
    Wishing you the best!
    ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Izzy,
    Wow – 3lbs to go for your next goal to be achieved. You can do this Izzy. You’re an inspiration to us. I love how you continue to take positive steps that improve your health and wellbeing.
    I had problems posting yesterday, so thought I’d ‘jump on’ before other family members wake and use (our slow) internet.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Nailed it!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Yay for being able to post! I didn’t check in this morning as I was running late.

yes I’m sure I can shift these next 3 lb’s soon, thank you both for your support and encouragement ๐Ÿ™‚

taco’s sounded great Happy!

Today’s food- strawberry shake, pickled eggs, cherry tomatoes, nuts, pork stir fry.

I’ve been in my loft finishing off a dream catcher coaster, and doing a dragonfly one ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m pleased with the result and I will post them on my blog tomorrow. For now though I think it could be time for bed!

• posted by Figment
    on

Hi izzy and all . I think it’s taken me 3 days to read your diet account and you’ve been an insperation as I have just started week 2 . Keep it up somehow I don’t think I will manage to get down to my ideal weight . My friends always said to me “you don’t eat to live , you live to eat”
    Love Fig

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi HappyLife,
    Your tacos sound great. I’d attempted tacos a while back and replaced the tortillas with lettuce cups. It was OK but corn tortillas sound yummy.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Izzy,
    This is some of what I wanted to say yesterday. Thank you for the book titles and the URL. I’m excited by all of them and should have time to watch the talk in the next few days. I’m going to budget for the books/check the local library catalogue and read them.
    I was also sending out positive thoughts for you to get a good night’s sleep. Being a Mum, it’s not always up to you if you can get a decent amount of sleep, but as you’ve discovered, it’s so important.
    I hope you’re well rested when you read this.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Figment, Welcome to the forums.
    It may be helpful for you to break your BSD journey down into small, manageable bits. I’ve recently moved into the ‘overweight’ BMI category – cause for celebration as I’m no longer obese. I have a long way to go to get to my ideal weight. You may be surprised how your mind changes towards food the longer you eat this way.
    I never thought I’d think this, but I now see simple, starchy carbohydrates as so damaging to me that I just don’t want them anymore.
    Please reach out for support if you need it – enjoy ‘Izzy’s 8 week diary’ – I do.
    Myself (and many others) see the BSD as a way of life now.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Switzerland
    Massive congratulations on moving into the ‘overweight’ BMI category.
    Sounds mildly ridiculous when you write it down like that…..but we all know what a huge achievement it is.
    Great news ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Izzy
    Good luck on moving on to your next goal… only a few more pounds to go.
    Think of all those new clothes available to you. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Swizerland, very pleased that you think you will enjoy the books and link ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve read Big Magic twice, and I will read The artists way again too. Woohoo that you are just overweight and not obese! A huge achievement! Thankyou for the sleepy vibes.

Good Morning ay caramba ๐Ÿ™‚

Figment! I can’t believe you’ve spent all that time reading my thread lol, but I’m happy if it helps you in any way at all. There are many other diaries here where people have lost much more than me, so there is plenty of other inspiration here as well. Now… technically your friends are wrong. Actually if you go back in history there would have been a time when food was only fuel, fuel to live. If we eat right we feel better, making us free-er to LIVE and enjoy other things. I do agree though that it helps to enjoy your food, but I have to say I really do enjoy mine. Following BSD doesn’t mean you have to grieve too much for all your old favourites, there are many alternatives that the lovely people here have found and everyone is quick to share. As you will see from many threads here we certainly feel alive here at BSD, and many feel they are enjoying life more than ever with increased energy and clearer minds. I never thought I could get my weight down to ‘healthy’ either, but a few weeks into BSD I realised I suddenly had faith in myself that with this plan I CAN. I will, it will just take it’s own time. I agree with Switzerland in breaking it down into chunks. I generally set my target 7lb’s away, then once I’ve achieved it, reset it to another 7lb’s away. Good Luck with your own journey and please ask if you need any help.

Now on to todays food… I’m almost finished my morning shake, with a mix of strawberrry and raspberry today, and lunch is going to be soup again ( I really love the lentil soup I made at the weekend) Dinner will be hunters chicken one of my favourites ๐Ÿ™‚

Well I best get a move on, have a nice day everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

change to tonights menu, inspired by you guys and your posts I’m making fajitas with lettuce wraps ๐Ÿ™‚ the chicken is cooking now.

I’m glad it is Thursday and the end of my working week, I’ve been late a lot this week which was ok as husband was here to collect our son but still it’s been a busy week. I think I might just chill tonight, my husband is working late for the next two nights so I could be in my loft then ๐Ÿ™‚ I have many ideas. I may try to write a little bit tonight.

In other unrelated news I forgot I bought 4 bra’s the other day all of them for only ยฃ9. not each but all in! They were in the sales rack at Asda when I went in for a look at something else. They aren’t colours/designs I would have paid full price for, but they will be fine to wear for the moment at that price! I know I will go down at least one more size possibly more so I don’t want to spend a lot of cash on them. Years ago when I was a healthy weight I was a tiny but curvy 32D, I’m wearing 36’s just now. I guess we will see what happens in a few months!

well I best go eat!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Izzy,
    The fajitas sound delicious.
    4 bras for 9 pounds – I love a good bargain. I recently purchased 100% cotton undies for my daughter. A pack of 5 for $2.50 – skin toned – unbelievable price but it was the end of financial year sales.
    Oooh 2 nights in your loft – have fun being creative.

• posted by Izzy
    on

yes dinner was lovely ๐Ÿ™‚

Love a good bargain too!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow Izzy, you are a great shopper! Tomorrow I am going to buy some new clothes because there’s a 50% off sale of all the clearance summer items at a store I shop at so I can get my smaller sizes but not spend too much – I doubt they have a great deal like you got on your bras!
    It’s been a rough two weeks for me without the scale really moving much but today I finally way less than I did two weeks ago, yeah, yippee! So I am finally really moving down and off on my blood pressure meds! It literally took two weeks for my body to adjust to coming off the meds.
    I’m going to Vancouver, Canada at the end of the month for three days I need to get a new photo shoot done for my website because my clients are telling me I don’t look like the person on the website anymore, ha ha! And then I’m going home to Hawaii in September for two weeks so to be fun to see my old friends that I haven’t seen since April because they will be shocked I’ve lost so many inches.
    Hope your days off are fun!

• posted by Izzy
    on

OOh Happy well done for managing to cope with those two weeks, hopefully now your body is settled without the medication you will continue to lose more now. Hopefully you will get some nice bargains in the sale ๐Ÿ™‚

Photo shoot will be great – You will really see the difference in your pictures I bet!

Now then today is Friday – mid week weigh in day. I’ve lost 1.5lb’s, so I’m 11st 1.5! Only 1.5 to get to my next target!
    I’m excited!

I’ve had to move my wedding and engagement rings permanently to my middle finger for fear of losing them. I’ve moved them back and forth for a while as my fingers change – they shrink when colder, swell when warmer. Now though my ring finger is simply too lean for my rings and I don’t want to lose them. I didn’t know I had fat fingers lol.

Not sure what food will bring yet for lunch, but I’m going to make steak pie for the family later. I’ll have the filling and I was thinking about trying mashed butterbeans (inspired by a recipe here)

I’m currently sipping a breakfast shake ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s a bit of a treat though as it works out at 207 calories and 20g carbs but it’s lush! 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 small banana, greek yog, almond milk, vanilla extract, sweetner. Yum. It is so nice.

I may choose a deliberately extra low carb lunch!

My son has announced he wants to go to a stonecircle, so I guess that may be my plan for later, it’s about time I added more stuff to my phenomenal friday blog, as well as my dragonfly dreamseeker one.

For now I’ve finished my shake so I’m off to make a herbal tea and amuse my son.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Weather is yucky so doubt we will go far, just the post office lol, don’t mind getting wet to get my sewing machine working!

lunch was 2 fried eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 cherry tomato, and 15g cheese. Yummy it was too!

I’ve added my latest creations to my blog, if anyone wants to see!

http://dragonflydreamseeker.blogspot.co.uk/

• posted by Izzy
    on

http://izzyhew.blogspot.co.uk/ also has all the places I go like stone circles etc. I just spent a while catching up as I hadn’t posted anything in a while ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s good to be feeling like I want to do these things again.

I did get along to the post office and it was my sewing machine pedal, so I just hope it actually still works after all this time because it hasn’t been switched on in many years! I will find out tonight. Selfishly can’t wait for my sons bedtime haha. I can’t complain though he is being good today.

I’m not making steak pie now as my daughter won’t be here and it’s one of her favourites so I will keep it for a day when she is home. Not sure what else I want to make…

• posted by Izzy
    on

I just made a beanbag ๐Ÿ™‚ sewing machine working perfectly! Now my friend will have a seat when she visits me… now I think I better go sleep!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

It’s so good that your sewing machine is up and running.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m regretting my late night now… my son often sleeps a bit later at the weekend but this morning he was saying Good Morning at 0630.

After I made that post last night I didn’t go to sleep straight away I became distracted by another coaster I had started – my Mother in law requested a phoenix and I said I would have a go. I had started it earlier in the evening and left it to dry whilst I got carried away making the beanbag – which incidentally I just made up as I went along so I’m pleased it turned out well! I stole the beans from a massive bean bag we have downstairs so now I’ll need to buy more for that lol.

Anyway I did the classic error of painting the phoenix and thinking… it’s ok but I’m not happy with that wing… so I painted more on it… then the wing was too big… so I neatened up the edges with the underneath colour but it had lost it’s feathery quality… so I painted more and it went wrong as well! I ended up painting over the wing entirely in the underneath colour and leaving it to dry to repaint tomorrow. It was 0130 by the time I went to bed.

I’ve also realised that I get very cold up there and don’t realise it because I am engrossed in my projects, then when I come downstairs I feel really cold and can’t sleep even though I microwaved my wheat bag warmer last night and my husband was toasty I still felt cold. I will need to start to use one of the heaters I have up there, I have several for emergency heating as the heating in my old house was a bit unreliable. I’ll choose one and set it up so I don’t need to feel so cold.

My scales show another 1/2lb, 11st 1!!! I so can’t wait to see that change to beginning with a 10! I will really feel I have achieved something big. It’s going to happen soon! I have a pair of jeans jeggings style that I’ve been getting away with wearing all the way through but they are getting ridiculously saggy now so I’m going to have to give them up. I will pop them in my fabric pile but they have served me well. It would take a lot to adjust them and it isn’t worth it as I have others that fit better and more to shrink into still. I will try on the clothes pile again in a week or two.

Yesterday whilst my son played I went through a few chapters of the book I wrote before, editing and updating it. I think I will do a bit more of it today, there is a competition in September I might enter. I’m totally loving my recent burst of creativity. I really feel like I am on a path to a happier life. I just need a windfall so I can give up my day job lol. Need to start playing the lottery!

todays food is my usual breakfast shake, I think I will make a new batch of my fav lentil soup for lunch, and dinner will be the steak pie stuff that I was going to make yesterday.

Well I best be off and find my glasses, gave myself a headache yesterday because I keep forgetting to use them. I also need a cuppa.

stay happy BSD-ers ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Well I have made lentil soup but haven’t eaten it as I got distracted with the idea of pasta! which worked pretty well!

https://glutenfreegirl.com/2011/07/gluten-free-fresh-pasta/

I used chickpea flour, and a tbsp of milled flax as I didn’t have psyllium husks. It was yummy but higher in carbs than I like to spend on lunch (I’ve detailed it in another thread)

The soup will be frozen for lunches, and I need to motivate myself to get cleaned up and tidied! I’m happy to spend ages cooking not so happy to clear up!

In other news I’m wearing a pair of jeans that didn’t fit a month ago ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Good evening ๐Ÿ™‚ chilling out for 5 mins before my son goes to bed.

Tonight I had butterbean mash, I cooked them, mashed them and added cheese and salt and pepper and it was actually very nice. I was a little disappointed to begin with when I realised I’d need to keep my portion really quite small but in actual fact it was enough. It was very filling and I will definitely have it again.

I still have 3/4 of the pasta dough left so I’ve decided that tomorrow I will use it up for dinner. I think it will be amazing with hunters chicken and I’m pretty sure my husband will enjoy it as well. I’ll have less of it tomorrow though.

Then next time I’ll see if Almond flour works.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Izzy – glad your well – sounds like the time investment in the loft project was well spent!
    If I’m really focused on some thing I do that thing of switching off and not realising that I’m cold/thirsty/need to go to the loo. It’s really warm here though.
    I bought a new duvet today though – I realised a few weeks ago that my ‘old’ one wasn’t nearly as warm as it used to be, so probably needed replacing, a half price sale in M&S decided me on the matter. The ‘autumn’ part of the current one is warm enough for now though, so the new one can stay in the box for now.

• posted by Izzy
    on

At least you have it all ready for when it does get colder ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes my loft has been well worth the effort I really enjoy the time I spend up there. I was up there a while tonight repainting the phoenix wing and my daughter wanted me to remind her how to sew. She wants to make a cushion. I wouldn’t want her using the sewing machine yet though hand sewing only for her.

Whatever I do she seems to want to copy I guess that is a compliment and at least she doesn’t hate me yet lol.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Izzy,
    It’s brilliant that your daughter wants to copy what you’re doing. It’s a huge compliment and you are a worthy role model as a mother and a creative person. Bless her.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thankyou Switzerland, I think we all doubt ourselves as parents and I certainly make loads of mistakes but I do try to be a good Mum. I try to encourage her academically of course, but I will always encourage anything ‘outside’, reading and creativity as well as anything healthy.

Today I had some nuts for breakfast, I’ll be having lentil soup for lunch and hunters chicken with PASTAAAA for dinner. I really look forward to my food on BSD.

Yesterday I took the kids out for a walk and play, along with my daughters friend and we had a fun time. Today we are staying in and catching up on the laundry – exciting life lol. The beds need changing. In between amusing my son and waiting for the washing to be done I’m amusing myself watching sewing tutorials on youtube, my list of things I want to make is growing by the day!

I’m off to have my soup ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

I used to love sewing growing up – before I was let loose on my Mums electric machine, I had an old hand driven Singer – they were readily available in second hand shops, and cheap – and my mum, sensibly, thought it would be a better option that a child’s sewing machine.
    When I was old enough to have sewing lessons at school, I was truly hacked off at having to make a bookmark and a pin cushion – I was designing and making my own clothes at that stage.
    Is she wanting to help with laundry today?

• posted by Izzy
    on

no she wasn’t helping with the laundry but she was gutting out her bedroom. I’ve told her if she goes through it all and throws loads of stuff out I will let her move the furniture ๐Ÿ™‚

You’ve given me an idea though frog… I’ve seen a small hand held battery operated sewing thing, maybe I could get her that.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMOS-Handheld-Cordless-Portable-Lightweight/dp/B00G3DAD1O/ref=pd_vtph_201_lp_t_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8R2NQ6HF2HDCPXYZSJ5Q

or this one – looks more like a sewing machine…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hausen-Electric-Handheld-Machine-Battery/dp/B00UNGX8WS/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1468822254&sr=8-10&keywords=childrens+sewing+machine

and if she uses it a lot maybe I could get her a compact one for christmas like this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Machine-Coloured-Threader-Measuring/dp/B00GMHT15U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1468822437&sr=8-3&keywords=small+sewing+machine

My laundry basket was empty for 10 whole minutes lol. But we all have clean beds which is always awesome.

I wasn’t up too late last night but I’m tired again, think I need to be more regimented about early nights and my son didn’t sleep in at all this weekend – a luxury I normally get at least one day he sleeps until 8 or 9 lol. He was up before 7 fri, sat and just after 7 on Sunday which I know is still good for a 3 year old!.

After yesterdays youtube fest I have caved and ordered myself some craft stuff, some keyring attachments, embellishments, ribbon and fabric. I’ve spent just over ยฃ50 and I’m going to try to make a starter stock of painted coasters, fabric coasters and sewn keyrings. Then I haven’t decided if I will try to sell on Ebay, or etsy, or folksy which is the UK version on etsy. Maybe I could have a stab at them all.

I’m trying a new lunch – tuna salad. Thought I should try something different and I’ve not made crackers again this week. I’ve had a raspberry shake for breakfast and as I’m making everyone pasta bake tonight I’ll be busy making a courgetti concoction for me.

For now… work beckons! have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Good Morning BSD-ers Hope you are all well.

It is weigh and measure day, sadly I’ve gone up 1/2 lb since the weekend however I’m still 1.5 down since last week so I’ll take it lol. Also my boobs have gone up 1/2 inch and everything else down 1/2 inch so those pesky hormones could be doing their thing. Anyway still edging nearer to my next goal.

I did have chickpea pasta twice over the weekend as well… I will try it again with almond flour and maybe only allow it once a week if it’s good. chickpea flour pasta maybe I’ll keep until I’m where I want to be.

I ran out of yoghurt so had none in my morning shake, added 1/4 of a frozen banana in with it as it adds creaminess too. yummy

Lunch will be soup, dinner will be something eggy.

I went to bed early last night I was watching youtube tutorials but was falling asleep by 2150 so I switched it off, think need a few nights of doing that.

I ordered a pack of wooden coasters for painting last week and they have arrived ๐Ÿ™‚ a pack of 30, so between those, and the other things I have in mind I’ll have plenty to amuse myself ๐Ÿ™‚ Looking forward to a months time when my son will be at pre-school on Friday mornings and I can spend that time crafting ๐Ÿ™‚

Work is beckoning once again so bye for now.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m not in bed early (again) but I’m off in a minute.

Today after work as I was just toooo hot I’m wearing a dress that used to be tooooo small and I feel ok in it ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been in my loft painting more coasters, I’ve done two with a christian theme as a gift for my parents. It is their anniversary soon and I have no idea what to get them so these will do! I will try to think of something else as well though. I hate that I have to go to bed I could sit here painting all night!

http://dragonflydreamseeker.blogspot.co.uk/ if anyone wants to see my latest.

The day went well for food although for reasons unknown I did feel hungry this afternoon, so when I got in from work I had some of the nut brittle I had made that was in the freezer and that kept me going until dinner (frittata) and I’ve not felt hungry since.

Right I guess I best be off and try to sleep!

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Thanks for your diary! I makes me to want to do more!

I am a copy cat! I started Tuesday and keeping one myself!

PS I was no stud when at Princeton University 10 years ago! My goal is to be a Stud! ๐Ÿ˜€ I looked like the Buddha when living in China.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Good Morning Mr Stud! Glad you have enjoyed my diary and I definitely recommend keeping one of your own as I’m sure it has helped me along and it’s nice to look back and see how far I’ve come ๐Ÿ™‚

We watched some Game of Thrones yesterday evening gradually catching up with those who have seen it.

It was a struggle to get up again this morning, clearly I’m just not built for early! However this is the end of my working week so 3 mornings where I only need to get up when my son does which is early enough.

I’ve had a blueberry almond milk shake with 1/4 banana – nice combination although you do get bits of blueberry skin which may put some off. Lunch is soup, dinner is going to be fish.

Gradually bits of the craft stuff I ordered have been arriving, so I might go up tonight and attempt to make something or maybe paint.

Fo now I got to go ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Izzy
    on

Good evening everyone I’ve had a busy night in my little den ๐Ÿ™‚

I made a small fabric ‘box’ from an old t-shirt and some felt. I fixed a dress belonging to a friend of my daughter, I took in a top of mine that was too small, and I added a broad lace band to a shrug to extend the sleeve length as I was never comfortable with the sleeves as short as they were ๐Ÿ™‚ super productive. Well… it was productive inbetween fighting with the sewing machine that decided at one point it didn’t want to play.

it is 1120pm and I’m hungry so I’m going to have a few macademia nuts and head off to bed.

on

Hello Night Owl:

Thanks for your encouragement for a novice like myself. Since you do your sleep at 1130 it looks, I had a question:

If you eat later in the evening (I am guessing you eat at 6 PM) and give 3-4 hours from eating to sleeping, you would not need the macadamia nuts or any other in between snacking.

I personally do intermittent fasting everyday for 18 hours. It is successful because I take a teaspoon of coconut oil when I wake up and when urging for snacks before bed. Amazingly the fats in it get rid of the urge.

If you read my daily profile, you see that an afternoon snack is almond or other non dairy milk with 2-4 tablespoons of ground flax seeds. With lots of drinking water all day, it flushes out your colon. It goes out quickly and smoothly with lack of constipation.

More better at eliminating the toxins in your body the better.

I also drink a glass of hot water when I wake up with half a lemon squeezed into it. Hot lemon water before coffee or my “SPOT OF TEA” (My English Jargon again in US) ๐Ÿ˜‰ Later the morning, I eliminated everything from last dinner and then eat lunch (which is my breakfast skipped) at 12 Noon.

Remember This words of advice:

GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT!

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m not too often hungry so it isn’t a big problem, nuts won’t spike the blood sugar. I love almond milk and use it most days for my breakfast shake ๐Ÿ™‚ You sound very disciplined and I’m sure you will do well on this diet! I don’t do the long fasting thing as I like my breakfast too much! I also have issues with dizziness so I shouldn’t go too long without food really. usually dinner is done by 6-7, and I don’t often eat after that but we do ocasionally have our dinner later. Breakfast on work days is 0630, fri-sun, it’s later. I know if I was a little more disciplined or willing to fast longer that my results might be faster, but I’m happy with it being slower (for now anyway)

I’m really viewing this as a change of lifestyle for me so having 3 meals and occasional snacks makes it sustainable, as does baking with almond flour and trying different lots of new things.

I’ve lost weight pretty much every week for 12 weeks, I don’t recall even staying the same although I may have done and forgotten! Some weeks are only 1/2lb but it’s going down and I find this so easy so to continue is also easy!

So here we are on Friday and I’m snuggled with my son for our gentler start to the day, pondering the day ahead and remembering some very strange dreams! There was a weird one with 2 colleagues that I only remember snippets of, and one where I didn’t turn up for work as I was taking my daughter to a psychiatrist lol, and then I was working in a shopping mall. I don’t usually remember as much but I think I just dozed since my husband left for work.

Today I might wear my newly taken in top and my shrug with the longer arms ๐Ÿ™‚

I also got some new work uniform. My tops were too baggy so I ordered smaller ones (they fit) and some of you may remember me complaining about my trousers- when they are either loose or tight the zip falls down! so the ones I’m wearing currently are 2 sizes smaller than where I started, and they are past the perfect window, they aren’t really too big yet but the zip is falling down so I ordered a size smaller again. I tried them on and although they are too tight they do go on and fasten so I’m not far from being able to wear them. I only ordered one pair and I will make do as I know I will need to go down in size again down the line. BSD gives me the confidence that it will happen ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t have to pay for my work clothes but I don’t want to order too much either, I know my manager won’t worry about the odd restock but if he saw me ordering 2 pairs every month or two he would be asking. Having said that I doubt he would mind as our employer does promote improving our own health.

I might make some almond flour pancakes today as I haven’t had any in a while. I’m making toad in the hole for the kids and cauli pizza for myself and my husband for dinner. Not sure about lunch but I will think of something at the time.

Right I best go and amuse my son, have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey Izzy!!!
    I’ve been reading your posts in my email but haven’t had time to get on with clients and launching website items this week. I will get on at least once a week I hope. So happy about your new uniform and your taken in top!! Yeah!!! I am so proud of you my friend!
    I can’t believe we have been at this for 12 weeks Izzy!! 3 months and it still seems super easy and no cravings at all for me. We are melting. Literally melting our fat off – haha!
    All my clients on it are doing fantabulous as well!!! In just 4 weeks one lost 35 lbs, another had to buy smaller clothes twice as she kept shrinking, another lost 6.5 inches in her first week – it just honestly seems to work for everyone no matter what their history is with diets and weight issues.
    Today is my first day of week 13 and here’s all my stats at the bottom of this post in case they help anyone.
    Hugs and best wishes to all my fellow fat melters!!!!
    Overview since I began in case it helps anyoneโ€ฆ Stick with it!!
    ๐ŸŒทWeekly weigh ins and loss in inches
    Week 1 โ€“ 9 lb / 4.5 inches
    Week 2 โ€“ 3 lb / 5.25 inches
    Week 3 โ€“ 5 lb / 4.75 inches
    Week 4 โ€“ .5 lb / 1.25 inches
    Traveling/stayed on program
    Week 5 โ€“ nothing lost
    Traveling/stayed in program
    Week 6 โ€“ 6.6 lbs / 1.75 inches
    Week 7 -1.4 lbs / 2.25 inches
    Week 8 โ€“ 4.6 lbs / 1.25 inches
    Taken off all BP meds by Dr. ๐Ÿ˜„
    Week 9 -.8 lbs / 0 inches
    Week 10 0 lbs / 1.75 inches
    Week 11 โ€“ 3 lbs / .25 inches
    Week 12 โ€“ 3 lbs / 1 inch

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Happy ๐Ÿ™‚ I was thinking of you earlier so it’s lovely that you were able to get on and post! Your stats are brilliant and you could set yourself up as a BSD consultant as well by the sound of it lol. Your clients are very lucky to have your support beyond their original reasons for seeing you!

I’ve had a mostly chilled day with my son, his sister has been out most of the day and Daddy at work. I’ve caught up on the laundry and we ventured out to buy a new toy as a reward (it’s a struggle getting the boy to poo appropriately) I’m wearing my taken in top- which could have done with being taken in a bit more too, and my modified shrug ๐Ÿ™‚ I really like my new sleeves! I was thinking I might add a band of the same lace to the bottom of my top. Might be quite funky… I have so many things I want to do and so little time lol. Ah well I will get there and at least I can never be bored when the kids are in bed.

I did make pancakes for breakfast, and I’ve been modifying the recipe over time – I’ve posted it in recipes as it is now perfect for me.
    Lunch I fried up some courgetti with bacon, garlic, tomatoes and peas – a bit random I know but the fridge was running low!
    Then I was very very naughty – I ate a banana!
    Cauli pizza is off the menu as I haven’t got everything I need, hubby is having some chicken thing and I’m going for courgetti again this time with beans and onions and tomato sauce. Gotta go finish sorting dinner ๐Ÿ™‚ then we’re going to watch some more Game of Thrones.

• posted by Izzy
    on

morning all ๐Ÿ™‚ after watching game of thrones last night my husband needed bed early as he is in early shifts just now so I headed up to my den.

I did a little work on a coaster I’m attempting for a friend (my bestie) she has a thing about unicorns with wings which you don’t often see, it’s usually one or the other. Not sure if I can pull it off but I will try. I was also following this tutorial…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jPSyuQqWis

which is coming along nicely and hatching other plans for things to make.

I’m not feeling great today but I think it is just my hayfever- sometimes I wake up mucusy and feeling bunged up and often slightly nauseus but it usually clears and I’m hopeful. I’ve had a herbal tea and I’ve made a strawberry almond milk shake which I am drinking as I type. My hayfever hasn’t been as bad this year as it sometimes is so I am grateful.

Lunch will be courgetti and beans (left overs from last night) Dinner will be chilli.

I might do some baking if I feel better soon too. I’ll make some more nut brittle and maybe something else as well. I’m visiting my parents tomorrow as in the coming week it is my Dad’s birthday and their wedding anniversary. I’d love to bring something yummy and low carb (my Dad and sister are both type 2 and my Mum had some higher BS readings in a recent test so is probably pre-diabetic)

Hmmm… off to browse recipes!

on

Sorry to hear allergies are pestering you. ๐Ÿ™ one secret to getting rid of mucus us to cut a piece of fresh ginger root and make tea out of it. It eliminate a lot of the mucus and makes your digesting system start to “do the locomotion”. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Yeh, I am an 80’s kid. Ginger, Tumeric, and pepper I put in all my stir fry and omlette creations. My Ayuvedic doctor got me into use more spices vigorously on all foods I eat. does wonders!

I will save your son a seat on the spaceship to Mars! ๐Ÿ˜‰ But, no guarantee on coming to earth again! L:OL Watching the great classic with Michael Rennie:

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

Will this enver happenin US and world soon/ you know, all machines stop working and we all collapse because we think we run Mother Nature when she runs and controls us! Next movie is;

The 1975 Classic: The Land That Time Forgot. Edgar Rice Burrows is a fav writer of mine. Yeh, he created Angawa……… TARZAN!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thanks I will try some ginger ๐Ÿ™‚ I already use turmeric and pepper in cooking too.

It is true without our technology only a few would survive – I met a really interesting man at work the other day who would – he had a few interesting stories he was ex special forces, but I only have limited time to chat at work.

Today is a monumental day… today I stepped on the scales and it started with a 10!!! only just but still I was very surprised and pleased and now I am no longer obese I am merely overweight and soon I won’t even be that. Thank you BSD, thank you forum supporters! Another target past so my next target is 10 st 7. 10 st 7!!! I haven’t been that light in years, mind you I haven’t been *this* light in years. I think possibly about 9 years ago.

Of course official weigh in isn’t until Tuesday which is when I will log my weight BUT – today happened. Even if it changes – I saw it.

It has renewed my resolve for being careful today when I visit my parents, we will have an early lunch before we go, and I WILL NOT EAT THE BISCUITS!! I didn’t bake yesterday as I felt iffy all day. Although I could maybe do something now… it’s still early…hmmm

In the evening yesterday I got up into my loft and made keyrings. I made one each for my parents and one for my mother in law, each features a piece of fabric from a shirt of my sons, and a piece of fabric from the dress my daughter wore when we married, so a meaningful little scrap. I also made one for my daughter featuring blue and white ribbon and sewed on 2 mermaid charms as she loves those. They were fun to make and my daughter loved hers, hopefully the other recipients will also like theirs.

Well I best get a move on and have my breakfast, and make biscuits (I’ve decided to do that)

My weight started with a 10!!!!!!!!!!!!! can’t believe it!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Izzy
    Fantastic news on your weight loss.
    Starting with a ’10’ should be celebrated.
    Lovely day here today too:-)

• posted by Bissell
    on

Congratulations Izzy! What a fantastic achievement. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

on

Hello Izzy:

Congrads! You kick butt! You ought to write a blog on your achievements. 100’s of thousands in Western World alone would read it! Actually your weekly diary is kind of a blog site for me and my starting a weekly diary. ๐Ÿ˜€

Bond, James Bond was right: Live Or Let Die! We choose to live on this site and forum and lifestyle. ๐Ÿ˜€

Great that you use ginger now. It does wonders for me. Also, get a Neti-Pot(any pharmacy or grocery store has them) to eliminate the stuffiness in your nasal passage and mucus buildup. I am sipping my ginger tea now. It refreshes my head and throat.

Yeh, I do a lot of weird stuff in my style of dieting and exercise. I got a lot of the Eastern (India, China) influence on it. Chi Gong is one thing I do everyday! I suggest many others do it also. It is better known as Tai Chi. The basis of Kung Fu. Relax bones and muscles. I wish I had a Tai chi club up here in Albany that did Tai Chi every morning in the park. Maybe I should start one on MeetUp.

I am yapping too much again. I just can not…… Once you type, you just cant stop. Or is that Pringles commercials. LOL :O

Daniel

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thank you for the congrats you guys, I’m so happy!

My visit to my family went well and they seemed to like their gifts, it is sad in some ways though as my Dad in particular has a few health issues at the moment and every time I visit he seems to be struggling a little more. However he is still here and is not by any means on his last days (I hope) I am grateful and fortunate at 40 years old to still have both of my parents.

Daniel I already have 2 blogs, one where I post places I visit, a craft one, and my diary here I’m not sure the world needs any more of me haha. If I did start one it would just be a repeat of what I do here. The thing is – I do this diary for me, selfishly. I do it because coming in here every day keeps me honest and on track, and there has been so much support over the months and friendships formed. I like to support others too of course and I’m very happy for anyone that feels my diary has helped them, but primarily I write here for myself. Anyway two blogs, one online diary, two kids, one husband, one job, on crafting den…. I don’t think I could fit anything else in!

Pork stir fry for dinner soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congrats, Izzy, really well done!
    Onwards and downwards ! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

More congrats Izzy – such a great result.
    Ruth

on

Well, Izzy….. Your selfishness in keeping a diary is very generous for being greedy. I hope mine does the same to others.
    I guess Gordon Gecho was right: GREED IS GOOD!

I watch too much TV and movies. It took lots of Drakes Coffee Cakes and Pizza to gain the spare tire. Well, we all do not need a spare anymore! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Minutes to Ray Donovan and then hit the hay! people call my insane for getting up at 4:00 AM. Yet, I taught myself the good habit. Maybe that is the good thing about working for yourself: you make the hours you want.

You ought to see the grocery store at 6 AM. Great time to shop at your leisure.

Here comes Liev Schreiber!

Keep it up on your short term and long term goals everyone!

Cheerio,

Daniel

• posted by Izzy
    on

I have a better system for grocery shopping mostly – I get my husband to do it lol. He works in a store so he brings the bulk of ours home with him and we just top up from the local store. I do try to get up early to write but I never quite manage it, but nor do I always get to bed early enough.

Good Morning everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ weight still the same so fingers crossed for tomorrows official weigh in. I’m wearing my new smaller work top today ๐Ÿ™‚ Clothes that fit are instantly slimming does anyone else see that?

Something I realised years ago (to my benefit) was to not care about certain numbers – I care about my weight, but age for instance isn’t worth worrying about, and nor is the number in that little label inside our clothes. Sure it’s nice to see the number/size reduce, but the actual number matters less. I have clothes in Uk 12-18 that all still fit a ridiculous variation, and I have some 16’s that are just too big. too big or too small clothes generally are not flattering. Clothes that fit almost always look nicer.

I am having a new interim target, I straightaway set my target yesterday to 10 st 7, but I’m aiming for 10st 12 first as that will be 2stone down on BSD. Slow but steady wins my race ๐Ÿ™‚

I did a little painting last night but I wasn’t managing to get the effect I wanted so I gave up for the night. The great thing about painting though is you can paint over what you don’t like and try again as often as you like.

Well my dears it is time for me to go face my Monday! So First I will say that food today is raspberry shake, cheese salad and courgetti bake later .

Have a great day life changers ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.