How Are My Fellow New Starters Doing?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Thanks JCH187 & Imogen.

You’re right, I don’t want diabetes and neither do I want to go near the prediabetic range either!
    Yes, I suppose it must be the carb addiction suddenly rearing its head!! I have just run a deep bath and am going to take a book…….and a babybel cheddar. I have enough calories left for that. Will take the telephone as well. Oh yes, I am also just going to run up and down the stairs a few times first. Trying to introduce a bit of exercise. Hopefully tomorrow will be better

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Baristamum

Breathe. Don’t panic. This feeling will pass, an alien feeling for me is a rumbling tum, it used to be full all the time I guess. it doesn’t happen often but I now embrace it with a smile and think I CAN WAIT A BIT LONGER for food. No knee jerk reaction of grazing the pantry. Talk about liberating. My weakness was potato crisps, my thin man can eat them as much as he likes in front of me now and I am not moved. I did perceive that often when I used to grab a bag my body was searching for salt not carbs….so if I feel that slight urge I take a pinch of salt on my tongue. Works a treat for me. The odd pinch in a glass of water is OK too. I am on week 11 of the 8, I continued because it has worked so well for me, the well being is as great as the weight loss. Once I get to where I want to be in about 5kg I know I will be OK on 5:2. Hang in there girl…it’s well worth it. All power to 9 year old wisdom for issuing a caution.
    Nettle

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Great ideas everyone, thanks so much for your support. Just done my stairs and now going up with a drink of fizzy water, which I love, and light a candle and into the bath. Also going to try the pinch of salt.
    Hear from me tomorrow.

• posted by glevesque
    on

This may sound horrible, but I felt very happy to hear of the problems and possible solutions offered. I, too, am rarely hungry, but dang it, I miss chocolate and bread. I’ve just finished my first week to a 2 kilogram loss of weight. I want it to come off faster as I have become MUCH more active and have cut my caloric intake to below 800 calories a day – in fact, some days below 500 calories. I have determined that I MUST increase my water intake…starting as soon as I finish writing this. I suppose the more weight you need to lose, the faster it comes off? Maybe my metabolism is slow to change? Baristagirls, how lucky you are to have your bloods falling in the normal range! Believe me, I plan to get mine down and I am planning to follow the 5:2 plan if I ever get to my ideal weight. Sigh…Has anyone else ever felt it was falling off too slowly? Am I simply too impatient?

• posted by Thischarmingwoman
    on

Thanks JCH187 going to need something new besides tea and water. Online food shopping today so fizzy water, lemon and lime on the way.
    BARISTAMUM – thanks for your candid post, I hope you’re feeling better today.
    I’m still struggling with this headache, feel weak like I don’t want to move. I hope this passes soon.

• posted by Beeswax123
    on

I’m on day three. I’ve had breakfast three hours ago and took my eye off the ball and it came it at a whopping 473 calories. It’s two hours to lunch and I feel sick with hunger which hasn’t been the case with a smaller calories count in the last two days. I think I’m going to have to go over today just to feel well enough to work. My testing kit hasn’t arrived yet. Apart from this blip this morning it’s going well and I’ve lost 1lb. Is day three normally the tough one?

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello it’s the daughter here…. I’m truly hungry and a bit confused as to why. I know it’s about lunchtime but my stomach has been making fearfully loud empty rumbles all morning. I’m sure I have had enough fats and my water intake is as high as ever.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Baristagirls – daughter

You’re in week 2, aren’t you – did you have a good breakfast? Well you’re only in the start of kicking the carb appetite monster, so perhaps not surprising you’re hungry.

Keep on with the water – perhaps some hot water, as for some peculiar reason it seems to be more filling, or a cup of tea/herbal tea?

Or have a snack of some kind – I find those little Babybel cheeses are nice to taste, surprisingly filling, and only 60 odd calories, no carbs.

Keep with it!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Beeswax…. day 3 was very hard for me!

Thanks Igorasusual, I guess because I stopped feeling hungry I thought it would continue – I did have a babybel mid morning which was lovely but didn’t seem to have the desired effect ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m too pleased at my looser clothes to give in though…

• posted by Frog
    on

HI Baristagirl
    It might be just your body adjusting – I remember going to the cinema sometime in week one, and my tummy making awful rumbling noises throughout the film!
    It was only the once, I’ve not been aware of it happening since.
    I didn’t feel particularly hungry at the time, but I probably would have been tempted to eat something if I hadn’t been in the cinema.
    Have a nice lunch, eat it slowly – and have something to drink if the rumbles start again in the afternoon.

• posted by Bajangirl48
    on

Hi everyone, today is day 2 for me! After working with a nutritionist/trainer for 3 months late last year and losing 1 1/2 stone. I had decided after that to continue on my own but obviously not doing too well… I have been dabbling with clean eating for a few months but honestly I don’t seen to be getting any results. A friend told me of this plan so I bought the kindle version and have been reading for the last week. The clean eating challenge seemed to be working for everyone but me. My biggest problem was consuming 2lt of water daily, but still I didn’t think that not getting in the full 2lt would stall weight loss to the point of it being non-existent! Also I think I spent more time trying out the new alternatives to “this and that”, rather than keeping it simple and sticking to the basics, so in crept things like raw chocolate, honey, spelt flour and so on and so forth until I was probably eating the same portions as before albeit using “healthier” ingredients.
    Anyway I am going to commit to this 8 week program now. I have been quite impressed with the results posted on the forum and I am hoping that I could soon be sharing in the successes.
    So my first question: I have seen the recent new official findings no longer embracing low fat food options and read on another site encouragement to eat chicken skin, I can’t remember seeing this in the book. Is the chicken skin allowed and just use within calorie limits?

• posted by Beeswax123
    on

Update

Had a small snack which did the trick and then the testing kit arrived. Couldn’t wait to try it and an hour after the snack I am in the normal range!! Brilliant. Had virtually calorie free soup for lunch so bring on the doughnuts.. (I hate doughnuts!) so I’m now doing this to lose the weight and stay in the normal range. I can’t wait till I wake up tomorrow and can do the fasting blood sugar test.

• posted by Loren
    on

Hi, I have been on the 800 cal diet for 2 and half weeks now. lost 11 lbs in the first week and 3lbs in the second (slightly disheartened after first weeks loss) I have stuck fairly rigidly to low cal/low carb but have had the occasional glass of wine. Felt absolutely shattered for first week but now have much more energy. Barista-girls mum, I have a glass of fizzy water on the go most of the time and constantly remind my self that its only for 8 weeks – even though I know I will need to carry on after that as have loads to lose after years of yo-yoing.

• posted by glevesque
    on

Congratulations! Eleven pounds the first week! Fourteen pounds in two weeks! That is amazing. How pleased you must feel about your ability to cut down and lose weight. I have been quite strict and taking in well under 800 calories a day with no sugar, bread, rice, etc. etc. and have increased my activity a lot, but have lost only 1.1 kg. in two weeks, so you can imagine how amazed I am when the weight just falls off others on this diet. I know I am doing everything right…wearing a Fitbit; avoiding the stuff mentioned above; weighing and measuring everything I eat and writing it down; keeping track of everything, but my weight is not falling off. If there is anything that I am not doing right, it is not drinking quite enough water. However, I actually feel thinner, even though I am not losing weight, and I am not going to give up…although I am tempted to take a day off this weekend. Has anyone else had this happen – I mean I’ve not lost enough weight to claim that I’ve hit a plateau! Please let me know if this slow a start means I should simply forget about it. I mean I will try to eat healthier than before, but geesh. Honestly, unless I am getting up during the night and stuffing my face without knowing about it, surely I should have lost more weight by now!

• posted by Jussi55
    on

Hi glevesque. You are not the only one. I am just finishing week 9 and my total loss to date is 6kg. Having said that, in the last 2 weeks my weight has gone up and down within 2 kgs but I have been plugging away – until today when I have completely fallen off the plan AND EATEN THE WORST CRAP EVER! I don’t know what came over me as I haven’t wanted to eat mindlessly since starting this 2 months ago. My weight loss has been utterly slow but I am fitting into clothes without them leaving marks on me (hah!) and feel much better. Not today though. BUT…… Tomorrow is another day and so, back on the plan. I keep carbs to around 20g and calories below or around 800. Water ….. Let’s just say I try but most of my water is mixed with caffeine. My one failing. So no stupendous weight loss for me. Some weeks there is nothing then a week later 1/2 kg loss. We are all different and for some like you and me, it’s slow and unsteady. I shall watch your progress with interest and hope I get back on course and can report success, however small. In the meantime I shall suffer the guilts for eating food I will not mention as the shame is great. I wish I could say I enjoyed it but I actually didn’t. Hey ho onward we go. Good luck!
    Jussi

• posted by glevesque
    on

Jussi,
    Thanks. I have no idea how you keep so motivated after losing so little weight…It’s a sacrifice! I just finished eating three of those little chocolate bars one gets in the Cadbury’s Favourites box. A man came to give me an estimate on something and presented me with the box as a thank you. It sat on the counter all day. Then I had an overwhelming desire…They tasted pretty terrible after not having sugar for a couple of weeks. They didn’t have calorie/kj counter on them, but unless they are 200 calories each, I’m still under 800 calories for today. I know that isn’t entirely the point as I have to lose the weight to bring down my blood sugar level. Anyway, feeling happier now. I had thought that I had lost 2 kg over the past two weeks, but looking again at my stats and realizing I had lost only 1.1 kg, just felt rather unmotivated. Now I am ready to be a “good” girl again.

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

Hi Glevesque,

Like you, I’ve lost 1 kg in two weeks. But that is OK! My clothes are getting looser and people are noticing so I know that internally things are improving. The scales are just a number. I am not going to let that distract me.

The key to all of this is repetition. Just repeating the same good habits over and over. Results will come. Everybody and every BODY is different. Hang in there.

• posted by glevesque
    on

Hi Ozveggie…I hadn’t thought of the changes that are happening internally. I like that thought. That is what is most important, isn’t it. I’m doing this to get my Blood Sugar levels down…losing weight will simply be a bonus. Anyway, I’m still hoping that I will wake up one morning and that 10 pounds will magically have fallen off, but the real goal will be seen (I hope) when I go to the doctor and find out that my Blood Sugar levels are down. Thanks.

• posted by Frog
    on

After a dramatic loss yesterday, my weight is up 0.4kg again this morning – and I had a good day eating wise, so it seems illogical – I know its only a small amount, but it’s frustrating.
    Overall, yesterday total loss was 4kg in just over two weeks, now only three and a half. My weight did hovver around the same weight for the previous week/ten days, so I’m not distraught about it, just trying to understand it better.

I did eat supper late – about 10.15pm but I did the same the day before
    Always weighing the first thing in the morning
    Probably a day without a lot to drink – I dd spend almost three hours in a queue (I had a bottle of water with me, but weather was freeing cold), then a further three hours in a theatre (still didn’t drink a lot of the water as I wouldn’t be able to go to the loo), but I did drink half a litre of water with my meal.
    I probably had more exercise yesterday than normal – I walked about five miles, and went to an exercise class at the gym, albeit a fairly gentle one.
    Oh well, I’ll have lots to drink today, see if that makes any difference

• posted by GrannyR
    on

I’ve just entered week 2. No idea if or how much I have lost as I don’t have access to any scales…I’m on holiday and self catering. I decided that now was a good time to start as I have only myself to worry about! Certainly not hungry and I’m enjoying experimenting with what you can create on 2 rings! I FEEL as if I have lost weight…when I find some scales I’ll let you know. I’m in it to loose the weight I put on 10years ago …when I quit smoking. Fingers crossed this works.

• posted by GrannyR
    on

I make ginger tea. Grate a large knob or 2 of raw ginger into a saucepan, add 1.5 litres of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Leave to stand , I usually leave it overnight. You end up with a really strong ginger base. Strain it into a bottle and store in the fridge. Fill a mug 1/4 – 1/2 full with the solution and top up with boiling water. I find that fills me up.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Everyone (daughter speaking) I really admire you all, and those that keep going despite very slow weight loss is brilliant. The motivator for me at the moment is the fast loss! I’m starting my 12th day and I’ve lost 10lb and 8 oz. Just enjoyed smoked salmon and poached egg for late breakfast along with a latte….. I find the days when I’m not at work a lot easier, strangely enough.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Fellow dieters
    Baristamum here. Very pleased to announce that yesterday and today seem to be back to normal. The feeling of needing to eat anything and everything, although not the slightest bit hungry has passed. Thanks for all the input everyone gave. I am finding soup very very helpful on this diet, especially the Tomato and Courgette one, on this website. The cals are low for the portion size, and it really fills you up. I have a soup maker and just chuck it all in and hey presto 20mins later, hot soup!! I try to keep a just of it in the fridge at all times, so there is always something available.
    Beeswax123 – what ingredients did you put in your virtually calorie free soup? I’d like to make some
    Glevesque – glad you are happy to hear our problems, I felt a bit bad after as I thought I had moaned to much, I genuinely wanted help to get over that sticky patch. The typing and reading helped as it stopped me from giving in and going to the cupboards.
    Thischarmingwoman – hope your headache has passed, my daughter had one all week last week despite drinking loads.

Does anyone have any idea why my tummy is so bloated all the time? I know I have a grain and gluten issue, but I am NOT eating any.

• posted by Beeswax123
    on

Mushrooms and stock cube, water and a bit of seasoning in a saucepan and then a soup maker. No fat.

• posted by Frog
    on

I’ve started saving the stock that’s left at the bottom of the pan when I’ve steamed vegetables – I haven’t made any soup with it yet, but I’m planning to!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi to everyone, Its so helpful reading all your posts. I am now at the end of week 3, total weight loss is about 4kg.But I’m more focused on my BGL which is not going down much.I’m also not strict on 800 cal there have been days when I miscalculate the calories. Or when My BGL is low, I treat myself or giving in to certain food urges.I was already limiting carbs before I started and I did paleo diet for a while but didn’t loose weight.I haven’t had headaches and food cravings are not too bad, although I really want some bread and Vegemite right now.Yes its an Aussie thing.I drink japanese green tea and miso soup to increase my fluids.I plan to get more exercise this week and limit my portion size. I find that I eat too much meat.I need a few more tools ,a\new kitchen scale and a more accurate calorie counter.I will read the book again to get more focused. I will let you know how it goes next week. cheers

• posted by Loren
    on

Thanks Glevesque, don’t lose heart – it’s all going in the right direction – just keep persevering. Upping your excersises is great – you will feel so much better so much faster. I suspect my weight loss in the first week was amazing as I have so much to lose (4st now) It’s definitely slowed down now. I know it is depressing when you try so hard and it’s not coming off fast enough but I do feel quite motivated as I keep giving myself a talking to – I am fed up of not being able to do activities I want to do with my family and friends, of buying clothes because they fit rather than I like them, not wanting to meet new people because I worry about what they will think of me (next to rather fit and gorg hub) and being generally self conscious all the time and not living life to the full. Only I can do something about this. I am sure you can think of your own reasons – thinking about that makes the craving disappear like magic. Keep on going – you sound like you are doing all the right things.

• posted by JCH187
    on

I’m at the end of my second week and lost 11lbs in total, unsurprisingly the weight loss has slowed this week but that’s to be expected. I’ve cooked from scratch every night for these two weeks, I’m not sure I’ve ever done that, such was my love of convenience foods! I feel more satisfied after my meals now, I’ve just had breakfast of natural yogurt, flaxseed and blueberries and feel full and satisfied. No chocolate, crisps or cake for over 2 weeks and I really don’t miss it. Feels good not to be hungry and thinking about food all the time.

• posted by Butterfly
    on

Hi, I started the fast 800 on Weds 1st June having struggled to lose weight for the last few years on the Slimming World eating plan. In common with many people on here I have been surprised at only experiencing a few hunger pangs in the last 3 days – I expected to feel really hungry with such a dramatic reduction in calorie intake. I decided to take MM’s advice and weigh myself more than once per week – today was my first weigh-in since I started and I’m delighted to say I’ve already lost 4lb!!!! That’s more than I’ve lost at Slimming World for months. To say I’m over the moon would be an understatement. Hope everyone else is having as much success ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Frog
    on

that’s fantastic Butterfly – well done
    If you’ve the patience to stick with SW for a few years, I’m sure you’ll find this plain sailing when you have great results to spur you on

• posted by Beeswax123
    on

I spent the morning manning closure barrier at our local street market..next to the French baking stand!! No free samples and kept my purse in my pocket! Thankfully it wasn’t the tartifellete stand. That would have been my downfall but even better I took the bacon out of my free bacon roll and gave the bun away! Happy Saturday.

• posted by Butterfly
    on

Hi glevesque
    I’m no expert by any means but I can’t help but think you’re not doing yourself any favours by reducing your calorie intake below 800 (and even 500!!!). I can’t imagine you’re able to get the recommended amounts of nutrients by dropping that low. Your body needs fuel, in this case in the form of fats and protein, and this is the key to the weight loss and reduction in blood glucose that this diet results in. If you’re not giving your body the correct amount and balance of this fuel then it can’t burn off fat effectively. I may be wrong but I don’t think you’ll see a sustained weight loss on this number of calories, and I would also worry about your long term health if you were to continue with this number of calories.
    Best of luck xx

• posted by GrannyR
    on

Well done all of you, I’m so impressed! Mix wish that I access to some scales….but there don’t seem to be any on this small island! You can tell too!! So tonight I’m eating out….I’m having a smal Greek salad, with feta, and a whole 230gr sea bream…and a glass of red wine. I had 92cals for brunch…so I could enjoy tonight.

• posted by glevesque
    on

Hi Butterfly…You are probably correct. Yesterday, I thought – oh, to heck with it and I had a bit of cheese and instead of having my brussel sprouts with nothing, I added a bit of butter, some home made bacon bits and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, and felt happier. I have been rather crabby lately. I even had a few handsful of popcorn last night and this morning, I show as having lost weight! Ha! Maybe I was overdoing it. Will NOT give up! Yay!

BTW, love reading others’ happy and rewarding stories. I find them inspiring, so thanks to everyone!

• posted by GrannyR
    on

I finally found some scales and I think that I’ve lost about 3lbs..in a week. I’m a bit disappointed as I have been very good and kept my portion size down and allowed and naughty carbs to pass my lips. I’m also walking – 7000 – 10000 a day and yoga every other day. You all seem to be doing much better. What am I doing wrong??

• posted by Freefit29
    on

Hey there, I’ve come to the end of my first week, following as per guide and cut out all starchy carbs & alcohol and lost only 1.5kg. I did expect a bigger loss given the book repeatedly says you will loose a lot of weight fast on a VLCD. Don’t get me wrong. It’s a good loss but I did expect more. If I compare it to something like 12WBT, people are loosing the same on 1200 calories a day, so I had a different expectation. Will stick with it. Headaches only on Day 2. Drinking 2-3 litres water a day. Snack only on a few almonds, blueberries, grape tomatoes or celery & homemade almond paste. Really missing bread, but forging through without it. Reading others losing far more a week so just wondering if I need to do more. Thanks

• posted by glevesque
    on

Losing my enthusiasm. Haven’t lost anything in a few days. Granted, I did eat one slice of “Very Thin Vogel’s Bread” but still kept within my calorie count. Maybe it is the same as every diet…Starts strong and then peters out. I kept it up a few days because someone wrote that maybe changes were taking place inside my body, but I would like to see some changes on the outside, too! I’ll try to keep it up for a few more days, but honestly, I’ve gone three weeks with no potatoes, pasta, or rice. I made a lovely stew – with no potatoes! Sigh…

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I’m just in my 5th week (starting today) and have lost 11lbs, with another 9 to go, and I understand your frustration that things don’t happen quicker.

This really isn’t a diet as such as another way of eating/looking at food and appreciating that the refined carbs we eat and the low fat stuff we’ve been recommended is actually making us fat

Everyone’s body responds differently
    I had a plateau and didn’t lose weight for a while but could see my waist reducing and that I looked thinner. How could that be? I have been keeping (good) carbs down and testing myself with Ketostix which show that I am burning fat and so it must have been going from my internal organs which is great.

I have also been told that visceral fat goes first and only then the subcutaneous fat (the bit you can see) and the last bit is the belly fat – it would be!

I suggest you try logging on to MyFitnessPal and check what you are eating. Cutting back carbs to 50g per day and making sure you are having enough fat (cheese, full fat dairy etc) which will fill you up.

This worked for me. Why not commit to the full 8 weeks and see what transpires – if you give up now you will never know.

Don’t give up! Loads of people here have had plateaux and worked through them. And it really is a different and healthier way of life, not just a diet

Good luck!

• posted by GrannyR
    on

Thank you. It’s very early days for me…but if I could lose 11lbs in 4 weeks I will be very happy!! I just thought that I would lose more in my first week, but I guess that’s a bit unrealistic. Glevesque, and everyone struggling, it makes me feel a whole load better that I’m not the only one…all bodies are different, I guess, and despite doing everything right we just burn at slower rates. It was difficult for me to judge how much I’d lost as I weighed myself at the local chemist and I suspect it might have drawn a few stares if I’d stripped off to see how much I actually weighed! So I guesstimated how much my clothes and shoes weighed. But I was .6kg down in my clothes. So at least I have lost SOMETHING! I’m enjoying my food though…so far not missing the ‘bad’ carbo’s …..

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi To everyone, thanks to OzVeggy, the scales are really helpful. I have discovered that my meat portions are too big.
    To those of you thinking of giving up, please review your main goal.For me it is to avoid diabetes.Ive always focused on weight loss and been unsuccessful. With this new approach I’m getting some success. Also don’t compare yourself to others,some may have been eating massive amounts of carbs, so when they stop the loss will be impressive, some may have a lot of fluid to loose which gives a large wt loss.I’m thinking of this as a semi permanent life style change. To keep focused I use hypnotism CD’s called The Borden Method. Available on line http://www.bordenmethod .com .I used these CD s last year but did not stick at it and did not loose much weight.Now I am committed. no matter what I will not give up.Next week . I will be on holiday in Singapore ,when I get back I will start again. While I’m away I will limit my carbs whenever I can but still enjoy myself.sometimes I choose to have a small piece of potato or bread and Ive found that I don’t really enjoy them so much.Its more the idea of the forbidden foods,so now I really consciously choose what I eat and I have a sort of empowerment from making the decision.I’m not feeling any guilt ,so its all much more positive.Of course I do have days when I have not progressed and I a bit down but Ive discovered how to use the stubborn side of my personality.don’t give up I hope this helps. cheers to all

• posted by glevesque
    on

Words of encouragement gratefully accepted. And yes, I actually began this in an attempt to lower blood sugar, not to lose weight, so why have I become so focussed when it wasn’t why I started in the first place? Hmm…Tomorrow I will be scrupulous! I wasn’t terribly bad today, but little exercise. I overdid the exercise on Saturday and have been “healing” ever since.

Thank you everyone!!!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Keep going Glevesque. I felt a bit sad today, I put on weight for the first time since starting. At the same time I tried on a skirt that wouldn’t do up a few weeks ago. Now I’m wearing it! I will balance the two out ๐Ÿ™‚ and plug away.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Baristagirls (which one?!)
    Don’t worry too much about the occasional blip – I’m sure the general direction of travel is down!
    – And doesn’t fitting into smaller clothes feel great! – I dug out some jeans yesterday that I don’t think have fitted for 5-6 years.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

It’s the daughter ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for the encouragement Frog. Something about smaller clothes! I have a “best” dress i have not been able to wear properly for 2 years and really want to wear it this summer.

• posted by Waspygill
    on

Hi all started this 0n saturday after buying the book in Sainsburys. I am very overweight and have been for many years and was diagnosed diabetic type 2 a few years ago ( after an earlyish menopause) i have recently seen an endochrinologist who suggested i try insulin!!
    I have Actually found it quite easy so far but last night i had a terrible night and had to get up 4 or 5 times to do a wee. I also had achy legs. I ate well yesterday and had no carbohydrate except a little breadcrumb on a tiny bit of fish . So far i have lost about 4lb but my blood is really high today nearly 18! ( it averages about 14 anyhow hence the suggested insulin. My husband says that my diabetes is fighting back lol. Has anyone else had this ( i feel ok)

• posted by Butterfly
    on

Hi All
    Well it’s day 7 for me today and my 2nd weigh-in. Having started my period on Saturday and feeling quite bloated because of it I wasn’t expecting to have lost anything – I have always had a slight gain around my periods previously. However, I was over the moon to discover I’ve lost another 3lb – that’s half a stone in a week!! I know a lot of that will be fluid (the bathroom is my second home at the moment ๐Ÿ˜‚) so I don’t envisage getting such a good loss every week (although it would be nice).
    I honestly never thought such a low calorie diet would be so easy to stick to – apart from a few hunger pangs on the first couple of days I’ve not had any carb cravings at all – even when my kids were eating chocolate in the same room. Chocolate has always been my downfall and I absolutely love it so for me to be able to resist it in this way is quite an achievement! The other big thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve gone a whole week without needing to take indigestion tablets before bed – something I was having to do daily before! My BM’s are slowly coming down too. All-in-all so far so good. The big test will be this week as I’m back to work today after a 2 week break – I work shifts and have 3 12hr night shifts this week. I struggled to fit the slimming world diet around my shifts but I’m hoping, with a bit of planning, that I’ll do better with this diet. Fingers crossed.
    Good luck to you all with your individual journeys xxx

• posted by Butterfly
    on

I’m a bit confused – I wrote a post on here about an hour ago but it seems to have disappeared into a black hole ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”. Oh well, I’ll try again.
    It’s day 7 for me today and 2nd weigh-in. Having started my period on Saturday and feeling bloated because of it I wasn’t expecting to have lost any more this week. However, I’m over the moon to report that I’ve lost another 3lb – that’s half a stone in a week!!! It’s quite an achievement because up to now I’ve always gained weight around my period. The other big thing I’ve noticed since starting is that I haven’t had to take an indigestion tablet at betime all week – something I was having to do every night previously.
    Good look to you all on your individual journeys xxx

• posted by JCH187
    on

I can see both your posts ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Today is not my day. I just long for a packet of flavoured crisps and sit here drinking black coffee instead. Doesn’t help that I gained weight this morning and have aching legs and a headache!

Please log in or register to post a reply.